╌>

BREAKING: President Trump Orders Declassification of Some FISA Court Documents, All Texts From Russia Investigation

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  heartland-american  •  6 years ago  •  9 comments

BREAKING: President Trump Orders Declassification of Some FISA Court Documents, All Texts From Russia Investigation
"At the request of a number of committees of Congress, and for reasons of transparency, the President has directed the Office of the Director of National Intelligence and the Department of Justice (including the FBI) to provide for the immediate declassification of the following materials: (1) pages 10-12 and 17-34 of the June 2017 application to the FISA court in the matter of Carter W. Page; (2) all FBI reports of interviews with Bruce G. Ohr prepared in connection with the Russia...

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

After months of requests, President Trump declassified a number of FISA court documents late Monday afternoon and directed the relevant government agencies to release them to the public.

"At the request of a number of committees of Congress, and for reasons of transparency, the President has directed the Office of the Director of National Intelligence and the Department of Justice (including the FBI) to provide for the immediate declassification of the following materials: (1) pages 10-12 and 17-34 of the June 2017 application to the FISA court in the matter of Carter W. Page; (2) all FBI reports of interviews with Bruce G. Ohr prepared in connection with the Russia investigation; and (3) all FBI reports of interviews prepared in connection with all Carter Page FISA applications," White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders released in a statement.

President Trump also ordered the unredacted release of all text messages related to the Russia investigation from fired FBI Director James Comey, fired Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe, fired FBI agent Peter Strzok and FBI lawyer Lisa Page.  

"In addition, President Donald J. Trump has directed the Department of Justice (including the FBI) to publicly release all text messages relating to the Russia investigation, without redaction, of James Comey, Andrew McCabe, Peter Strzok, Lisa Page, and Bruce Ohr," the statement continues. 

On Sunday House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes, who has been requesting President Trump declassify these documents for months, argued the documents needed to be declassified before the2018 midterm elections. Nunes also announced he would be declassifying a number of depositions by key players in the Russia probe.

This story has been updated with additional information.

Recommended from Townhall

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1  seeder  XXJefferson51    6 years ago

Way to go Mr. President!  I’m so happy that you have made this decision. It will be interesting reading, I’m sure.  Keep up the great job you’re doing for America!  Clappingthumbs up

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2  Tacos!    6 years ago

Now maybe we'll have a better idea of what we're talking about.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tacos! @2    6 years ago

Exactly.  It’s great for transparency for these documents to be made public.  

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3  Ozzwald    6 years ago

Hmmm, let's see which pages I will declassify...No...no...no...yes...yes...definitely no...better ask Hannity on this one...and this one...yes, after I cut out these words...no...no...yes...oooh donuts...cheeseburger...been 45 seconds already, enough work for today, Nunes will finish me up....I mean Nunes get that mushroom out of your mouth...damn this job is hard...a full minute.....

Transyferous Rex
Freshman Quiet
3.1  Transyferous Rex  replied to  Ozzwald @3    6 years ago

affairs of the state must take precedence over the affairs of the state.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
4  The Magic 8 Ball    6 years ago

heads up, this is when the connections to obamas admin start to appear.

baker, ohr,  priestap,  page, (cooperating)

the word is: lynch is now talking also...  so they say.. we shall see.

this elections oct surprise is??

the attempted coup, sedition, and treason are all we will be talking about for  YEARS to come.

oh... and some heads are going to roll also.

cheers :)

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
4.1  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @4    6 years ago

some heads are going to roll?  those lyrics?  prophetic and simply pricelss  :)

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @4.1    6 years ago

I agree.  jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_79_smiley_image.gif

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @4    6 years ago

Great post!