╌>

Ellison accuser: Dems 'smeared, threatened, isolated' me

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  badfish-hd-h-u  •  6 years ago  •  11 comments

Ellison accuser: Dems 'smeared, threatened, isolated' me

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The woman who accused Rep.   Keith Ellison   (D-Minn.) of emotional and physical abuse is claiming that the Democratic Party "smeared, threatened [and] isolated" her after she went public with the allegations.

Karen Monahan's comments come as a growing number of Democrats have expressed support for the woman accusing Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault, saying they find her allegations credible. 

Monahan on Monday tweeted that Democrats have not stood by her. 

"I've been smeared, threatened, isolated from my own party," Monahan tweeted. "I provided medical records from 2017, stating on two different Dr. Visits, I told them about the abuse and who did it. My therapist released records stating I have been dealing and healing from the abuse." 

"Four people, including my supervisor at the time, stated that I came to them after and shared the exact story I shared publicly, I shared multiple text between me and Keith, where I discuss the abuse with him and much more," she wrote. "As I said before, I knew I wouldn't be believed." 

She wrote that coming forward was a "huge piece of my healing." Monahan in the tweets tagged the Democratic National Committee and the Minnesota Democratic–Farmer–Labor Party.

Ellison has denied Monahan's accusations of domestic violence.

Monahan, an environmental activist and Ellison's ex-girlfriend, has claimed Ellison emotionally abused her and, at least once, physically abused her. 

She later tweeted a picture of her grandchild with the caption, "My grand baby deserves a world where human dignity is not a political tool for your parties interest. #metoo." 

Texts reviewed by multiple news outlets show Monahan mentioned the instance of alleged physical abuse to Ellison, though he did not respond to the text. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3  Trout Giggles    6 years ago

I believe her. Why isn't anyone standing up for her?

JenSiNner
Freshman Silent
3.2  JenSiNner  replied to  Trout Giggles @3    6 years ago

I don't recall ever hearing this story, but I would have believed her.  Girlfriend, ex-girlfriend or just friend, no woman should ever be abused by any man for any reason.  If she is running into threats and abuse from this man and his posse, she needs support.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4  It Is ME    6 years ago

"Democratic Party "smeared, threatened [and] isolated"

That's nothing New when it Comes to a Democrat Accusing a Democrat. 

Can't have anything like that going on, or it might show an actual non-political "Human" quality, but of course, they can't have that either. jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

Now something that may have, coulda, possibly, might have happened 35 years ago ?

Well, That's a bit Fishy (nothing personal jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif ) ! jrSmiley_87_smiley_image.gif

charger 383
Professor Silent
5  charger 383    6 years ago

But Ellison is one they want to protect