╌>

Susan Collins Drove A Stake Through The Heart Of The Liberal Mob

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  xxjefferson51  •  6 years ago  •  213 comments

But everything, all past transgression and irritations were wiped clean when, at 3:00, Senator Collins did what no one expected her to do and may well have saved the republic. You might think that last part is a bit much, a little over the top. It’s really not. Collins gave a speech not only announcing her support for the nomination of Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court, she also eviscerated the entire liberal smear machine that had been mobilized against a good in a way only...

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

It’s not often people are genuinely surprising in politics, but Friday saw one of the most shocking and amazing displays of heroism in recent memory. It wasn’t just spectacular because of what was done, but because of who did it and how brilliantly it was done.

Maine Senator Susan Collins is one of those Republicans that drives conservatives crazy – a moderate from a purple state who is always a question mark when the chips are down. More often than not, you don’t want to find yourself in a position where you need her vote. But everything, all past transgression and irritations were wiped clean when, at 3:00, Senator Collins did what no one expected her to do and may well have saved the republic.

You might think that last part is a bit much, a little over the top. It’s really not.

Collins gave a speech not only announcing her support for the nomination of Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court, she also eviscerated the entire liberal smear machine that had been mobilized against a good in a way only someone in her position could. 

Kavanaugh’s “sin” was existing wrong; disagreeing with a “progressive” view of the Constitution where our founding document could mean whatever a liberal wants it to mean. For this, and the threat his reverence for original intent poses to people who want a government that can impose their will on a whim, he had to be destroyed. 

Lacking any rational argument against Kavanaugh, leftists went personal. They weren’t about to let the truth stand in their way, so innuendo and rumor were the weapons of choice. Unfounded, unproven, unsupported, and insane stories of sexual assault and gang rape were presented as fact. If they’d thought blaming him for the murder of the Lindberg baby of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman would’ve helped, they would’ve been tossed in the mix too.

The liberal mob sopped it up like it was the last bit of gravy on their plate at Thanksgiving. Every story, no matter how absurd, was reported and discussed as if there were videotape showing Kavanaugh confessing to each of them. The Democratic establishment went all in and the last vestiges of journalistic skepticism and ethics were sacrificed like a Mayan virgin during an eclipse. 

Not only was the nomination in jeopardy, so was the very livelihood of a man whose true crime was to not be a member of the social justice mob.

Kavanaugh stood up for himself, as did the Trump administration and the usual suspects in the media and elected office. What was missing was anyone with credibility outside the usual suspects, on either side, as moderate Republicans played it coy and moderate Democrats hid.

It seemed as though no one would dare cross over no-man’s-land, that everyone was dug in and the Kavanaugh nomination and the man himself were going to be sacrificed on the altar of progressive politics. 

Then came 3:00 on Friday.

No one knew what Collins was going to say, which way she would vote. In the end, her speech not only announced her support, it drove a spike through the heart of whole enterprise. 

If any other Republican had delivered that speech it would have been easily dismissed as exactly what you’d expect from Senator so-and-so. But this was Susan Collins, and Susan Collins has, for the past 2 decades, been elevated to hero status and a voice of reason by the very power structure she was denouncing. Only Nixon could go to China, and only Susan Collins could disembowel the liberal outrage machine because she was always the example they used for what they thought a Republican should be.

She left no stone unturned, no smear was safe – she deconstructed them all. Most importantly, Collins chastised the left for their rejection of the fundamentally American ideal of a person being innocent until proven guilty. 

There, on the floor of the Senate, stood this person whom they’d all praised for years telling them they’d crossed the line, a big line, and she would have none of it. Her vote was secondary, her words stuck deeper than any vote could. Susan Collins had stood up to a yelling, chanting, stalking, death threat spewing angry liberal mob that was prepared to erect statues in her honor had she sided with them and said “enough.” 

Giving into a temper-tantrum throwing child only ensures more temper-tantrums, and giving into a mob only encourages it. People who’d never side with the mob telling them no is what is expected. But someone they thought was gettable, maybe even with them, rejecting them with passion and facts was something for which they were completely unprepared. 

The reaction from the left was a predictable fury, Collins was called a “ rape apologist ,” and worse. But she held her ground. Principles mattered.

In a just world, an unquestioningly qualified nominee like Brett Kavanaugh would be confirmed unanimously, but we don’t live in a just world, we live in the real world. Thanks to Susan Collins’ vote, and perhaps more importantly her speech, the liberal mob was defeated and the real world moved a little bit closer to the just one. As imperfect beings, that’s all we can hope for.

A bit of personal news: As I mentioned in Thursday’s column, my wife was ready to burst with our second child, and burst she did Friday morning. Just before noon Friday we welcomed Bailey Shannon Anne Hunter to the world. To those of you who’ve send congratulations, thank you. Mother and baby are doing great, and big sister Quinn is handling it all well. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1  seeder  XXJefferson51    6 years ago

“Only Nixon could go to China, and only Susan Collins could disembowel the liberal outrage machine because she was always the example they used for what they thought a Republican should be.

She left no stone unturned, no smear was safe – she deconstructed them all. Most importantly, Collins chastised the left for their rejection of the fundamentally American ideal of a person being innocent until proven guilty. 

There, on the floor of the Senate, stood this person whom they’d all praised for years telling them they’d crossed the line, a big line, and she would have none of it. Her vote was secondary, her words stuck deeper than any vote could. Susan Collins had stood up to a yelling, chanting, stalking, death threat spewing angry liberal mob that was prepared to erect statues in her honor had she sided with them and said “enough.” 

Giving into a temer tantrum throwing child only ensures more temper-tantrums, and giving into a mob only encourages it. People who’d never side with the mob telling them no is what is expected. But someone they thought was gettable, maybe even with them, rejecting them with passion and facts was something for which they were completely unprepared.”  https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2018/10/07/susan-collins-drove-a-stake-through-the-heart-of-the-liberal-mob-n2526106     https://www.realclearpolitics.com                                                                      

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2  MrFrost    6 years ago

Um, no. Susan "bobble head" Collins drove a stake through the heart of her political career though. She ran as a pro-choice republican and that is why she had bi-partisan support in Maine. Now she doesn't have that support. Buh Bye Susan. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  MrFrost @2    6 years ago

Assuming she wants to run again she will easily win re election.  On the other hand she was thinking retirement in 2012 and Democrat senators talked her into staying another term.  

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1    6 years ago
Democrat senators talked her into staying another term.  

Like I said, she had bi-partisan support, she doesn't have that now. Even if she seeks re-election, she will not win. 

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
2.1.2  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  MrFrost @2.1.1    6 years ago

she believed in something even if it costs her everything.

that is very admirable, and her timing was priceless :)

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @2.1.2    6 years ago

It's amusing that liberals are so upset she put principle over her own self interest. Not something they can conceive of, I guess.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2.1.4  Thrawn 31  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @2.1.2    6 years ago

Lol are you serious? Cost her everything? Shit I will gladly switch places with her, I'll take that salary and that retirement to "heroically" vote along party lines. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.5  bugsy  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @2.1.2    6 years ago

I think it is hilarious that a little old white lady handed a nation of butt hurt liberals their assess in a matter of minutes.

Would have been grand if that after she announced her support for Kavanaugh, she dropped the mike and walked off.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.6  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1.3    6 years ago

That’s for sure!  jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
2.1.7  Colour Me Free  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @2.1.2    6 years ago

Collins will be the new face of Nike?

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
2.1.8  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Thrawn 31 @2.1.4    6 years ago
Cost her everything?

I was just playing along with those who said her political career is over.

sarcasm is fun like that :)

truth is...

if liberal/progressives say her career is over?

in the real world that means she will be re-elected no problem.

todays left is the best contrarian indicator on earth :)

Ender
Professor Principal
2.1.9  Ender  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @2.1.8    6 years ago
Often in a Washington bubble themselves, they’ve allowed Collins to perpetuate a myth that she’s a principled bridge-builder who rises above partisanship, so much so that she believes it herself and thinks she’s invincible. Collins appears to have no idea what she’s about to face if she’s seeking re-election in 2020 (and she implied she will  in a CNN appearance on Sunday defending her support for Kavanaugh), drunk on the standing ovation she received from Republicans on the Senate floor and the accolades that no doubt came in from President Donald Trump ’s base all across the country. Collins voted with Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and the White House almost 90 percent of the time in the first year of the Trump administration .

She is no moderate, as some like to portray. She will say one thing while voting in another direction.

In this moment, the mask of moderation has been ripped off Collins. There will be those who say that she’s untouchable ― as they have said in the past ― and that Mainers who re-elected her before will do so again. They’ll tell you that she’ll have plenty of money from the Koch brothers and others, and she surely will.

But we’re in a different time, both nationally, with regard to the political energy of women and the Me Too movement, and in Maine. Already, people in Maine running a grassroots campaign have raised $3.5 million via crowdfunding to funnel to the Democratic opponent who takes on Collins in 2020. Several potential candidates have emerged in the past few days , as Democratic officials look to a deep pool of possible contenders in the state .

Polls in recent weeks found voters in Maine would be less likely to vote to re-elect Collins if she voted to confirm Kavanaugh. And in a Suffolk University poll in early August, she had only a 49 percent favorable rating, down from an impressive 67 percent in a Portland Press Herald 2016 poll.

She is sinking in her own state and seems to blind right now to see it.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
2.1.10  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Ender @2.1.9    6 years ago
She is no moderate,

she was moderate enough at just the right moment in time.

seriously.. this whole supreme court thing is getting stale...

I long for the old days...

when we would sit around, drink a beer and talk about russia, russia, russia,

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Ender
Professor Principal
2.1.11  Ender  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @2.1.10    6 years ago

It was stale weeks ago. The republicans just prove they only care about ideology. McConnell is a partisan ideologue that has been tearing apart democratic norms.

russia

Don't worry, trump is still talking about it. After all, we are evil people.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
2.1.12  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @2.1.2    6 years ago
she believed in something even if it costs her everything. that is very admirable

That's what Dr. Christine Blasey Ford did, but you weren't quite as kind in your description of her.

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
2.2  Rmando  replied to  MrFrost @2    6 years ago

Collins made it very clear in her speech why she thinks Roe won't be overturned.

Ender
Professor Principal
2.2.1  Ender  replied to  Rmando @2.2    6 years ago

We have heard that before.

Collins voted to confirm Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court, who, like Kavanaugh, promised her and the world that he respected precedent, even calling the Obergefell marriage equality ruling “ absolutely settled law. ” Four months after joining the court Gorsuch wrote a vigorous dissent inviting states to challenge Obergefell. Link

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
2.2.2  Phoenyx13  replied to  Ender @2.2.1    6 years ago
We have heard that before.

honestly doesn't shock me, people can learn from the past or repeat it over again.

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
2.2.3  Rmando  replied to  Ender @2.2.1    6 years ago

Kavanaugh isn't Gorsuch. Kav clerked for Kennedy and in all likelihood will vote the way he did. Or would have until the left smeared him.

Ender
Professor Principal
2.2.4  Ender  replied to  Rmando @2.2.3    6 years ago

So if he changes the way he would rule because of being butthurt over what he considers a smear, he shouldn't have the position.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.2.5  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Ender @2.2.4    6 years ago

Kavanaugh is a constitutionalist and that’s all that matters.  

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
2.2.6  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.2.5    6 years ago
Kavanaugh is a constitutionalist and that’s all that matters.

Somehow I doubt if Kavanagh was a black gay woman being a constitutionalist would be ALL that mattered.

lol

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
2.2.7  Rmando  replied to  Ender @2.2.4    6 years ago

And you think RBG bends over backwards to consider Trumps cases that show up? His travel ban should've been unanimous and would've been for any other president. Liberals didn't get to decide whether or not Kav got seated but they did decide to make a mortal enemy of him. Try pissing off a judge deciding your case and then tell him he's not fit to be on the bench. Let me know how that goes.

Ender
Professor Principal
2.2.8  Ender  replied to  Rmando @2.2.7    6 years ago

Again you are saying that he would rule on emotion. So I stick with my opinion that he is not fit for the job.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
2.3  Cerenkov  replied to  MrFrost @2    6 years ago

Bobble head? Are you seriously making fun of an infirmity? How are you better than Trump?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.3.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Cerenkov @2.3    6 years ago

Trump is better! jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.3.2  MrFrost  replied to  Cerenkov @2.3    6 years ago

Trump mocked someone with a handicap...did you forget?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.3.3  Sparty On  replied to  MrFrost @2.3.2    6 years ago

Yes and clearly Collins does as well.

Did you forget you are being hypocritical?

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
2.3.4  Cerenkov  replied to  Sparty On @2.3.3    6 years ago

Pretty blatant hypocrisy. At least we know it was only fake outrage now.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.3.5  Tessylo  replied to  Cerenkov @2.3    6 years ago

If she is so infirm she should step down/retire.  Instead of taking money from the Koch brothers or whoever else has been lining her pockets.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.3.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @2.3.5    6 years ago
If she is so infirm she should step down/retire.

that's what they kept saying about Hillary. Their hypocrisy is stunning!

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.4  Jasper2529  replied to  MrFrost @2    6 years ago
Susan "bobble head" Collins

Ridiculing someone with a disability is deplorable. Senator Susan Collins suffers from one form of a neurological condition called spasmodic dysphonia.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.4.1  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.4    6 years ago

Well that's too bad and so sad for Ms. Collins isn't it?  If she's so infirm, she should step down/retire then shouldn't she?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.4.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Tessylo @2.4.1    6 years ago
If she's so infirm, she should step down/retire then shouldn't she?

Perhaps you should read about the condition before jumping to those conclusions.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.4.3  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.4.2    6 years ago

'Perhaps you should read about the condition before jumping to those conclusions.'

I'm not the one who said she was infirm or had a disability in the first place.  

I agree with the bobblehead comment.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.4.4  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @2.4.3    6 years ago
I agree with the bobblehead comment. 

Well now there is a shocker ...... news at eleven .....

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.4.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @2.4.1    6 years ago

But it's ok if people make fun of other older women. Like I said...stunning hypocrisy! And I think they know who I'm talking about

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.4.6  Sparty On  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.4.5    6 years ago

[deleted]

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.4.7  Jasper2529  replied to  Sparty On @2.4.6    6 years ago

[deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.4.8  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.4.7    6 years ago

Where you been Jasper?  Gee, I missed you.   jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.4.9  Jasper2529  replied to  Tessylo @2.4.8    6 years ago
Where you been Jasper?  Gee, I missed you.

I always enjoy reading your comments and am truly touched by their eloquence, Tessy. Our last comment exchanges were only a few hours ago - please see comments  2.4.1  through   2.4.3

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.4.10  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.4.9    6 years ago

No need, don't care.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.4.11  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.4.9    6 years ago

Glad to see you back Jasper!  

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.4.12  Jasper2529  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.4.11    6 years ago
Glad to see you back Jasper!  

Thank you! I enjoyed the NT respite. I hope that our 2 comments don't get flagged as "No Value" and then we each get tickets.  

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.4.13  Dulay  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.4.12    6 years ago
I enjoyed the NT respite.

I enjoyed it too. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.4.14  Jasper2529  replied to  Dulay @2.4.13    6 years ago

Just want to let you and everyone know that I wasn't the one who flagged your comment. Peace.

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.4.15  Dulay  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.4.14    6 years ago

Since it was 'dismissed', I didn't notice, not that I care. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.4.16  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.4.14    6 years ago

It wasn’t me either. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.5  Sparty On  replied to  MrFrost @2    6 years ago
Um, no. Susan "bobble head" Collins

MrFrost ...... keeping it classy like usual eh?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.5.2  Sparty On  replied to    6 years ago

Liberal hypocrisy at its best ..... or i should say worst .....

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
2.6  KDMichigan  replied to  MrFrost @2    6 years ago
Susan "bobble head" Collins

Hmm the other day you come out with a homophobe comment, now making fun of someone's  disability. Better be carful some left leaning poster may take offense to your comments.....oh wait never mind.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
2.6.1  Cerenkov  replied to  KDMichigan @2.6    6 years ago

They embrace their own bigotry it seems.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.6.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Cerenkov @2.6.1    6 years ago

oh, please

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.6.3  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.6.2    6 years ago

Denial is a river in Egypt.  No oh please about it.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.6.4  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.6.2    6 years ago

He’s right.  They are slightly right of center and stood up for an establishment GOP judge so it’s ok to mock their illness and make gay slurs against them.  A conservative here goes after a progressive gay democrat male politician and a liberal woman politician with an illness after they make speeches and votes against our position on an issue and all heck would break loose and our comments would be taken down.  

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3  MrFrost    6 years ago

If Susan admitted that she had 50 abortions, townhall would still say how wonderful she is. Townhall is a far right wing conspiracy fake news site. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  MrFrost @3    6 years ago

Actually it’s not and if MBFC did rate them that way it would be a badge of honor to be so rated by that scumbag and his site.  Town Hall is well within the political mainstream.  Oh, and let’s not forget that Real Clear Politics included this article and it’s source in their selection today. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.2.1  MrFrost  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.2    6 years ago

So next time I post something from RCP, I can count on your support.. Thanks HA! 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.2.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  MrFrost @3.2.1    6 years ago

I’m not the one into censoring what others seed or say here unlike liberals.  I don’t care what you seed from.  I’ll respond or ignore as I see fit.  I’m not a control freak who resorts to 3rd party scams to decide what is acceptable here.  Why do you quote that site and use it as a shield to avoid debate on a serious issue?  

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4  Sean Treacy    6 years ago

Her finest moment.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sean Treacy @4    6 years ago

Indeed it was.  Her and Graham having their finest moments to swing this matter was simply awesome.  

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
4.1.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.1    6 years ago

I just cannot take Graham seriously, he looks like a lesbian and sounds like a douchebag. Especially when he tries to pretend like he is standing for some sort of principle or something. He didn't swing anything, there were only like 3 votes that were ever slightly in question, the FBI could have found Kavanaugh's computer to be loaded with kiddy porn and just about every republican (save maybe 2) would have still voted yes. 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
4.1.3  Thrawn 31  replied to    6 years ago

What is odd about that? I didn't say it was a bad thing if he was actually a woman and a lesbian, just that I cannot take him seriously as a man. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.1.4  MrFrost  replied to  Thrawn 31 @4.1.1    6 years ago
he looks like a lesbian

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.1.5  MrFrost  replied to    6 years ago
Odd that you and Frostie, two libs, would bring the guy's sexuality into the mix. Frost had him for 'light in the loafers'.

Um, I am not a liberal. I know that to many on the right, the term, "liberal", simply means, "anyone that doesn't agree with me" and with that, I am sorry to inform you that it's simply not true. Of course the other side of that is that it seems like many on the right use it as a slur. As long as you have been reading my posts, I would have figured you would have figured out by now that I am a fiscal conservative and I support the constitution, ALL of it, not just the parts I like. Socially, I am fairly liberal, but I do support the death penalty. 

There, now you know, so next time you want to just spit out, "liberal", you'll know better. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.1.6  bugsy  replied to    6 years ago
Odd that you and Frostie, two libs, would bring the guy's sexuality into the mix.

It's not odd. It's normal. [Deleted]

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.1.8  Jasper2529  replied to  Thrawn 31 @4.1.1    6 years ago
he looks like a lesbian

What, exactly, does a lesbian "look" like? I know many lesbians IRL, and they all look like women.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
4.1.9  Cerenkov  replied to  Jasper2529 @4.1.8    6 years ago

Sometimes the truth slips out...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.11  Tessylo  replied to    6 years ago

Ms. Lindsey is a swish.  

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.1.12  Dulay  replied to  Thrawn 31 @4.1.1    6 years ago
he looks like a lesbian

You need to get out more...

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
4.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  Sean Treacy @4    6 years ago

Meh, she did what just about everyone expected (or should have expected) and voted along party lines. Why are some people making this out to be some big thing? 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
4.2.2  Thrawn 31  replied to    6 years ago
It is a big thing.

Why? 

Very likely she will go down in history as the deciding vote in an action that will have long range effects as to how the nation will be run.

Not really. It will run much the same way as it has.

If she had voted NO, the left would have demanded that she be made a saint.

Ummm, if she voted no then she would have voted no and a Kavanaugh clone (minus the rape) would have been nominated and voted in instead. Again, I fail to see what the big deal is. 

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
6  The Magic 8 Ball    6 years ago
 she also eviscerated the entire liberal smear machine

pelosi  explains it best

The Wrap Up Smear

explained by nancy pelosi - from the horses mouth

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6.2  MrFrost  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @6    6 years ago

What does that have to do with this article about Susan Collins? I didn't see Pelosi even mentioned in the article. I am sure the seeder will flag you for being off topic like he does to everyone else.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.2.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  MrFrost @6.2    6 years ago

It’s related to the liberal mob the seed said she destroyed and is related to the topic.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.2.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  MrFrost @6.2    6 years ago

I’m not the issue but moderation has removed posts as off topic that I never flagged.  

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
6.2.3  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  MrFrost @6.2    6 years ago
What does that have to do with this article about Susan Collins?

provided as back up confirmation of the lefts smear tactics and is very much on topic.

your comment? definitely off topic.

cheers :)

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6.2.5  MrFrost  replied to    6 years ago

I didn't say anything about trump. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
6.2.6  bugsy  replied to  MrFrost @6.2.5    6 years ago
I didn't say anything about trump. 

Senator Graham is not in the article either but you and your friends threw, or supported, homophobic terms about him. Why did you not call them out?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.2.7  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  bugsy @6.2.6    6 years ago

It’s ok to be ant LGBT and to mock them if they happen to be Republican.  That affiliation negates the protections that they would otherwise be entitled to.  Same for African and Hispanic Americans and women. 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
6.2.8  Thrawn 31  replied to  bugsy @6.2.6    6 years ago

I didn't say anything homophobic. I merely stated that he looks like a fat old lesbian.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.2.9  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Thrawn 31 @6.2.8    6 years ago

How does a fat old lesbian look any different than a fat old straight woman?  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.10  Texan1211  replied to  XXJefferson51 @6.2.9    6 years ago

Seems a little phobic, doesn't it?

pat wilson
Professor Participates
6.2.11  pat wilson  replied to  XXJefferson51 @6.2.9    6 years ago

See some fat old lesbians look like fat old women and some look like fat old men. Fat old straight women usually look like fat old women, usually.

Does that straighten (NPI) things out for ya ?

bugsy
Professor Participates
6.2.12  bugsy  replied to  Thrawn 31 @6.2.8    6 years ago
I merely stated that he looks like a fat old lesbian.

If I were to say that you would flag my comment and call me homophobic. Don't deny it.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6.2.13  MrFrost  replied to  bugsy @6.2.6    6 years ago
Senator Graham is not in the article either but you and your friends threw, or supported, homophobic terms about him. Why did you not call them out?

Because it's true.. jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

bugsy
Professor Participates
6.2.14  bugsy  replied to  MrFrost @6.2.13    6 years ago

Conservatives.....Although same sex marriage is not our cup of tea, we really don't care what gay people do.

Liberals...HOMOPHOBE!!!!!

Conservatives....Senator Graham stated what most Americans think what liberalism really is...a cult.

Liberals....Graham is a swishy little old looking lesbian

The rest of liberals....jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Liberal hypocrisy is deafening..

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
6.2.15  Phoenyx13  replied to  bugsy @6.2.14    6 years ago
Conservatives.....Although same sex marriage is not our cup of tea, we really don't care what gay people do

you believe that nonsensical tripe ? who overwhelmingly opposed same sex marriage - conservatives or liberals ? which party has opposition to same sex marriage in their party platform ? ... i'll help you out with that one because i'm nice:

Traditional marriage and family, based on marriage between one man and one woman, is the foundation for a free society and has for millennia been entrusted with rearing children and instilling cultural values. We condemn the Supreme Court’s ruling in United States v. Windsor, which wrongly removed the ability of Congress to define marriage policy in federal law.

from:  https://prod-cdn-static.gop.com/media/documents/DRAFT_12_FINAL[1]-ben_1468872234.pdf

maybe you should reword your above quoted statement to be more truthful because it really does seem that the conservative minded do care what homosexuals do (even after the ruling... maybe they should mind their own business ?)

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
6.2.16  Thrawn 31  replied to  bugsy @6.2.12    6 years ago
If I were to say that you would flag my comment and call me homophobic. Don't deny it.

You are out of your fucking mind. I get flagged, have comments deleted, and get suspended more than anyone and I do not flag anyone or report anyone as a point of pride. I constantly say everyone should stop being such pussies and just say what they think like I do. If you wanna be a bitch and play the victim card then go for it.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
6.2.17  Jack_TX  replied to  bugsy @6.2.14    6 years ago
Senator Graham stated what most Americans think what liberalism really is...a cult.

It's definitely a religion.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.2.18  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  bugsy @6.2.14    6 years ago

Indeed it is exactly that and Sen. Graham is right on about liberals.  

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
7  Thrawn 31    6 years ago

She sat there talking for an hour only to say she was gonna do what I had always assumed she was gonna do. Talk about a colossal waste of time. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Thrawn 31 @7    6 years ago

I thought that she was standing during her speech. 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
7.1.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  XXJefferson51 @7.1    6 years ago

Figure of speech. The point being she wasted everyone's time for no reason whatsoever. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Thrawn 31 @7.1.1    6 years ago

My devices all have off buttons.

They seem to work pretty well when I don't want to waste my time.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
7.1.3  arkpdx  replied to  Thrawn 31 @7.1.1    6 years ago

You were not required to watch or listen. You could have gone back to the cartoon network news (CNN)  any time you wanted. 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
7.1.4  Thrawn 31  replied to  arkpdx @7.1.3    6 years ago
You were not required to watch or listen.

Nor did I. I was referring to the people who were there.

You could have gone back to the cartoon network news (CNN)  any time you wanted.

Don't watch cable news, at all. 

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
8  The Magic 8 Ball    6 years ago

at this point, the children are basically done.  their tantrums will be ignored from here on out.  the mob can still scream and shout till the cows come home. but no one is going to care anymore.

they did not think it thru, should have saved the big battle for ginsburgs replacement.

freepress
Freshman Silent
9  freepress    6 years ago

Yep, the majority of Americans who voted by popular vote for Hillary just completely went away. More than half of America just threw in the towel over this right wing "victory".

There is still an ongoing judicial investigation into Kavanaugh for more recent behavior while he was sitting at his current judicial position.

How can anyone that saw the American Bar Association, Council of Churches with 100,000 members, Yale Law School, many of Kavanaugh's male classmates, Jesuit Magazine, and a host of other non-partisan and even right wing organizations who came forward against Kavanaugh, still think this was a "victory"?

Yet still right wing voters blinded to all truth in their quest to overturn Roe, let all of this slide.

Trump has nearly 20 pending sexual assault cases against him, many prior cases against him have been won but with the pay offs and NDA's the women are not permitted to speak about these cases and Trump is embraced, Kavanaugh has been embraced in spite of having the highest disapproval of any judge. While Al Franken the comedian gets tossed for an old photo from a comedy tour.

Keep telling yourself that a terrible man making it to the Supreme Court is a victory.

Terrible men like Trump or Kavanaugh do not make America great again.

Al Franken was not a terrible man, he was a comedian, but the cases against Trump and Kavanaugh are not over yet.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
9.1  Colour Me Free  replied to  freepress @9    6 years ago
While Al Franken the comedian gets tossed for an old photo from a comedy tour.

I recommend asking the (D)'s first - find out why they pushed so hard for Franken to resign after other women came forward with accusations … his own party hung him on the line!

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
9.2  Jack_TX  replied to  freepress @9    6 years ago
How can anyone that saw the American Bar Association, Council of Churches with 100,000 members, Yale Law School, many of Kavanaugh's male classmates, Jesuit Magazine, and a host of other non-partisan and even right wing organizations who came forward against Kavanaugh, still think this was a "victory"?

Once again, calling for a more thorough investigation does not constitute "coming forward against Kavanaugh".  

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
9.4  livefreeordie  replied to  freepress @9    6 years ago

Only the radical left suddenly cares what the ultra liberal council of churches has to say. And the ABA did NOT change their extremely well qualified rating for Kavanaugh

“The correspondence by Robert Carlson, President of the American Bar Association...was not received by the American Bar Association’s Standing Committee on the Federal Judiciary prior to its issuance...The ABA’s rating for Judge Kavanaugh is not affected by Mr. Carlson’s letter.”