Via:  atheist  •  6 days ago  •  59 comments

It's Such A Scarrrrry Time For Men
This Song Proves That Anything BUT A Scary Time For Men

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו
1  seeder  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו    6 days ago

Yeah, really tough to be a man and not get to use women any way you like.  Fuck that shit. 

WallyW
1.1  WallyW  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @1    5 days ago
Yeah, really tough to be a man and not get to use women any way you like.  Fuck that shit. 

Yep...the MeToo movement pretty much has cracked down on the predominantly liberal Democrat abusers and rapists. And the Democrats deplorable actions during the Kavanaugh confirmation will make it even harder from abused women to be heard and believed.

Tessylo
2  Tessylo    6 days ago

Gawd I'm sick of seeing that sniveling whiny little shit's face.  

Farnsworth Horatio Clapstonestacker III
2.1  Farnsworth Horatio Clapstonestacker III  replied to  Tessylo @2    5 days ago

She's not that bad.

Trout Giggles
3  Trout Giggles    6 days ago

I had a whole rant but it's just not worth it.

Suffice it to say that if you are not my husband, my father, or my son, keep your goddamned hands to yourself. And don't talk to me.

Actually that last part goes for the the husband, too

Spikegary
3.1  Spikegary  replied to  Trout Giggles @3    4 days ago

That works.  Not sure why it needs to be more compicated than that.

It Is ME
4  It Is ME    6 days ago

[Removed]

5  seeder  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו    6 days ago

As is always the case, the ones who created the term "snowflake" as a pejorative turn out to be delicate whiny cream puffs.  There's a better word for these snivelling little entitled  punks but I'll leave it to others to come up with their own favorite.  

Tacos!
6  Tacos!    6 days ago

The song doesn't "prove" anything.

The male privilege of walking around at night with impunity is a myth, as is the the notion that women are likely to be attacked by a stranger.

Males are more likely to be victims of violent crime than females are.

The point here is not that women are never victims of violent crime. But they idea that men are safe, while women are in danger is simply wrong.

Most Victims Know Their Attacker

About 85 to 90 percent of sexual assaults reported by college women are perpetrated by someone known to the victim; about half occur on a date. In 2005-10, 78% of sexual violence involved an offender who was a family member, intimate partner, friend, or acquaintance, and rates of rape have declined nearly 60% over the last 20 years.

And it's particularly absurd to see a woman sing about how she can't speak up about something while doing exactly that. But being free to speak up doesn't mean the result will be what you want. Similarly silly are the women dressed up in Handmaid's Tale outfits freely speaking and protesting about how they apparently have no freedom.

And these people want to be able to punish and shame a man based only on the say-so of a single person with no evidence. Will they endorse women receiving the same treatment? I won't hold my breath.

igknorantzrulz
6.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Tacos! @6    6 days ago
The song doesn't "prove" anything

what exactly does your post  "prove" ?

6.1.1  seeder  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  igknorantzrulz @6.1    5 days ago

[Removed]

Tacos!
6.1.2  Tacos!  replied to  igknorantzrulz @6.1    5 days ago

[deleted]

igknorantzrulz
6.1.3  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Tacos! @6.1.2    5 days ago
the assertion that women should be afraid walking the streets at night while men don't have to is not supported by violent crime statistics

how about reality...

I don't worry bout walking alone,

I don't worry about watching my drink.

but I see women should,

and that is the reality I've found.

I find that song to be quite applicable

yester year as well as today.

Sad if you cannot see this, as this is the Reality for most,

cause possibly All realities, r  not gonna be obtained via statistics you rally off

Tacos!
6.1.4  Tacos!  replied to  igknorantzrulz @6.1.3    5 days ago

[deleted]

igknorantzrulz
6.1.5  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Tacos! @6.1.4    5 days ago
The type of crime varies, of course, but men being stabbed, shot, or beaten is not less worthy of attention than women being raped

on this, we are in agreement

/

ive witnessed some crazy shit in my time on this revolving sphere, and know all are entitled to their opinions, I just think so much of the concerns mentioned in this song ring true when checked against my own experiences

6.1.6  seeder  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Tacos! @6.1.2    5 days ago
That the assertion that women should be afraid walking the streets at night while men don't have to is not supported by violent crime statistics.

And the scurrilous lying never stops.  In this case the repeated lie is two-fold: that the threats women face aren't real and that crime statistics accurately reflect those threats when it's an established and despicable fact the women do not report most of their attacks because they know they're going to get the Dr. Ford treatment (from people like you). 

The more things change the more they remain the same. 

6.1.7  seeder  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Tacos! @6.1.4    5 days ago
The type of crime varies, of course, but men being stabbed, shot, or beaten is not less worthy of attention than women being raped.

And yet it gets far more attention.  You like statistics?  This is one of them:   Women report only a small percentage of the outrages perpetrated against them because they know they're going to run up against people like you in police departments, courtrooms and the general public.  When they see what happens to people like Christine Ford and Debbie Ramirez they understand how the system is stacked against them. 

6.2  seeder  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Tacos! @6    5 days ago
Males are more likely to be victims of violent crime than females are.

Irrelevant statistic to the matter of sexual attacks on women by men which means 100% of the victims are women and  100% of the perps are men.  Try to commit that basic truism to memory. 

Most Victims Know Their Attacker

Just as Dr. Ford was 100% sure who sexually attacked her, thankyouverymuch for your input.

Tacos!
6.2.1  Tacos!  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @6.2    5 days ago

[deleted]

6.2.2  seeder  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Tacos! @6.2.1    5 days ago
It's critically relevant to the oft-repeated claim in this song and by other feminists that somehow women are in more danger of being attacked violently than men are.

Not for rape.  This irrelevant point is solely based on the tendency of men to act out violence on one another and not just women.  0 points for deflection attempt.

Tacos!
6.2.3  Tacos!  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @6.2.2    5 days ago

[deleted]

6.2.4  seeder  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Tacos! @6.2.3    5 days ago
So, battery, aggravated assault, armed robbery, and murder don't matter?

Only if your goal is to derail and that's all you've been doing with this thread. 

Tacos!
6.2.5  Tacos!  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @6.2.4    5 days ago
Only if your goal is to derail and that's all you've been doing with this thread. 

Actually, I see the song as an attempt to deflect from the idea that men deserve justice every bit as much as women do.

I don't know anyone (anyone who's not an evil criminal that is) who thinks attacking a woman is ok or is something we should not worry about. All real men, in my opinion, look out for women and don't let them walk around alone at night.

But this past week we saw Democrats insist that men can have their reputations and careers ruined based on unsubstantiated accusations that can't be proven. One woman (a writer at the Colbert show I think) even tweeted that it didn't matter if the accusations were true or not, because "at least we ruined his life." Classy. Actual senators now apparently think it's ok to throw out concepts of justice and fair play because somehow men, generally, deserve it.

You can advocate for women without attacking man. In fact, you should advocate for women without attacking men. It's not necessary and it's pointlessly cruel. 

So, a woman gets raped on the street or at a party and everyone is outraged. Good! We should be outraged. But if a man gets raped (for example, in prison) it's a big joke. Let's all have a big laugh at the rape victim! This singer wants to make out like who is more victimized or oppressed is some kind of contest.

Sadly, this has been leftist thinking in this country for a long time. It's called "Intersectionality." Basically, it means that the more you or your ancestors have been victimized, the more worth you have as a person and your point of view is given greater priority and respect. But if you understand anything about the principles that shape our society and government, you know that we are all supposed to be equal before the law. That can be achieved without tearing down men.

Spikegary
6.2.6  Spikegary  replied to  Tacos! @6.2.5    4 days ago

Very well stated and true.  It's unfortunate in some people's zeal to fix one problem, they are willing to create and/or aggravate one or more other problems-becuase they just aren't as important as the problem they are championing (in their opinions).  The phrase, 'seldom wrong, never in doubt' comes to mind.

Jack_TX
6.3  Jack_TX  replied to  Tacos! @6    5 days ago
The song doesn't "prove" anything.

No no no.  Songs "prove" things now.  It's a thing.

Remember, you're not in America anymore.  You're in "Feelingsland".

lennylynx
6.3.1  lennylynx  replied to  Jack_TX @6.3    5 days ago

Feelings

Nothing more than feelings

Trying to forget my

Feelings of lo-o-o-ove

Cut loose and sing it Jack!! jrSmiley_2_smiley_image.png

igknorantzrulz
6.3.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  lennylynx @6.3.1    5 days ago

ah Lenny,

u knumb skull

lennylynx
6.3.3  lennylynx  replied to  igknorantzrulz @6.3.2    5 days ago

Now Iggy has the song stuck in his head!  Sorry...

igknorantzrulz
6.3.4  igknorantzrulz  replied to  lennylynx @6.3.3    5 days ago
Iggy has the song stuck in his head!

thatswatt eye get 4 sniffin gleeew

Jack_TX
6.3.6  Jack_TX  replied to  lennylynx @6.3.1    4 days ago
Feelings

Nothing more than feelings

Trying to forget my

Feelings of lo-o-o-ove

Cut loose and sing it Jack!!

At the rate we're going, it's going to be our national anthem before much longer.

Buzz of the Orient
7  Buzz of the Orient    6 days ago

Could you please offer me the courtesy of naming the song and performer in text, since both this article and the link just indicate to me that it is a YouTube that I'm unable to open?

7.1  seeder  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7    5 days ago

The search information is in plain sight at the top of the linked video. If you can't figure it out from that, that's your problem. 

Tacos!
7.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @7.1    5 days ago

Or you could just be kind and answer the question. 

7.1.2  seeder  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Tacos! @7.1.1    5 days ago
Or you could just be kind and answer the question. 

[deleted]

igknorantzrulz
7.1.3  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @7.1.2    5 days ago
I'm not his or your nanny or tutor. 

knor should U B

but

in Buzz's D fence, he is in China, and youtube videos are censored

but hey,

he chose to move to China, I'm guessin

whatever

7.1.4  Farnsworth Horatio Clapstonestacker III  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @7.1.2    5 days ago

Remember that the next time you flippantly demand a link.

7.1.5  seeder  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  igknorantzrulz @7.1.3    5 days ago
in Buzz's D fence, he is in China, and youtube videos are censored

Then my taking him by the hand to search isn't likely to help him anyway.  

Tacos!
7.1.6  Tacos!  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @7.1.2    5 days ago

Your reticence is strange. Presumably you wanted people to become familiar with the artist and the song. Now you don't want to share the information with someone who clearly is having trouble accessing it.

I gave Buzz the name in the video (you're welcome), but I would be guessing at the title. Happy to help.

Buzz of the Orient
7.1.7  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @7.1.5    5 days ago

[deleted]

Spikegary
7.1.8  Spikegary  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @7.1    4 days ago

Buzz can't see any Youtube stuff in China.

Is rude the only mode you know?

7.1.9  seeder  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Farnsworth Horatio Clapstonestacker III @7.1.4    4 days ago
Remember that the next time you flippantly demand a link.

No problem there.  Your side rarely produces any and for good reason.  There hardly ever is one when the comment is a lie to begin with.  I just "demand"  one for the fun of watching the commenter disappear. 

7.1.10  seeder  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Spikegary @7.1.8    4 days ago
Buzz can't see any Youtube stuff in China.

So, again....there's no help to be given if that's the case.  Why'd he even ask? 

7.1.11  Farnsworth Horatio Clapstonestacker III  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @7.1.10    3 days ago

It's not obviously youtube, so he's not immediately excluded.

Tacos!
7.2  Tacos!  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7    5 days ago

I don't know the title of the song, but the video indicates that the singer is Lynzy Lab.

igknorantzrulz
7.2.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Tacos! @7.2    5 days ago
the singer is Lynzy Lab

yea, she works in Millwork

her last name is

Adore-Retriever

7.2.2  seeder  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Tacos! @7.2    3 days ago
I don't know the title of the song, but the video indicates that the singer is Lynzy Lab.

Jesus Christ.  jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

7.2.3  seeder  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  igknorantzrulz @7.2.1    3 days ago

Maybe you could also explain to them how they might be able to figure out what the title of the song is  despite having pointed them directly to it more than once.  I repeat, Jeeeesuz Keerist!!!!jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

igknorantzrulz
7.2.4  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @7.2.3    3 days ago

yea,

but Y would the title of an article, have N E thing to do with what it is about, or contains ???

Split Personality
7.3  Split Personality  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7    4 days ago

Lynzy Lab

Best I could do Buzz - the pictures and comments won't stay put.
she's a novice performer with 2 you tubes and 4,000 followers
If that's her real name...

8  seeder  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו    5 days ago

From the Facebooks:

9  seeder  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו    3 days ago

Just to be absolutely clear on why I do not and will not help rightwingers do research on a person whom I might link to in an article or a comment:  As mentioned above, it's not my job to spoon feed these people.  But more importantly, I will not be a party to even the possibility, if not probability, that that help would be used to attack, harass or threaten that person.  We're all to familiar by now with how this has become the default rightwing tactic to deal with anyone who threatens their ideology or false narratives.  

Tacos!
9.1  Tacos!  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @9    3 days ago
But more importantly, I will not be a party to even the possibility, if not probability, that that help would be used to attack, harass or threaten that person.

And yet you posted the video.

9.1.1  seeder  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Tacos! @9.1    3 days ago
And yet you posted the video.

Which, as has been clearly demonstrated (and whined about), contained no personal information about the singer.  Disappointed? Frustrated? 

Tacos!
9.1.2  Tacos!  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @9.1.1    2 days ago
Which, as has been clearly demonstrated (and whined about), contained no personal information about the singer.

Uh no. You're wrong. That's where I got her name. It's embedded in the video. You can see it in the lower right corner of the frame on this very page.

MrFrost
9.2  MrFrost  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @9    3 days ago
As mentioned above, it's not my job to spoon feed these people.

True, and even when confronted with facts, they just say it's not true anyway. 

9.3  Farnsworth Horatio Clapstonestacker III  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @9    2 days ago

"We're all to familiar by now with how this has become the default rightwing tactic to deal with anyone who threatens their ideology or false narratives."

You've been listening to Waters and Holder such that your ears are twisted.

Thrawn 31
10  Thrawn 31    2 days ago

Honestly, anyone who whines about how hard it is to be male these days is just a total pussy. 

badfish hαηd ⊕ƒ †hε Ωuεεη
10.1  badfish hαηd ⊕ƒ †hε Ωuεεη  replied to  Thrawn 31 @10    2 days ago

It's obviously hard to be a man right now, flip on your TV and look at all the twink soy boys. If we have to go to war anytime soon, we are screwed.

Thrawn 31
10.1.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  badfish hαηd ⊕ƒ †hε Ωuεεη @10.1    2 days ago

I've had a pretty easy time of it, and the only reason we lost our war was because our idiot politicians had exactly zero plan for the aftermath of the invasion.