╌>

YUGE: Over 100,000 RSVPs for Trump’s Texas Rally

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  xxjefferson51  •  6 years ago  •  169 comments

YUGE: Over 100,000 RSVPs for Trump’s Texas Rally
“Today, Donald J. Trump for President Inc. announced the Donald Trump – Big Texas Tailgater at the site of the Make America Great Again rally at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas, tomorrow, October 22.” “With requests for tickets exceeding over 100,000 online, the Trump Campaign has organized the tailgater to take place in the afternoon leading up to the rally starting at 6:30 pm CT. The tailgater will feature food trucks, live music courtesy of the Marcus Eldridge Band and the Will...

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

President Donald Trump’s campaign manager, Brad Parscale announced on Twitter on Sunday that along with his team, he will be setting up the first ever tailgater outside Monday’s rally in Houston.

“Incredible numbers for # HoustonRally . 100,000+ RSVPs. I have flown in early and my great team is setting up the first ever TAILGATER for outside. So everyone come, room for everyone. Come see @ realDonaldTrump inside or out!”

Incredible numbers for # HoustonRally . 100,000+ RSVPs. I have flown in early and my great team is setting up the first ever TAILGATER for outside. So everyone come, room for everyone. Come see @ realDonaldTrump inside or out!

The announcement reads:

“Today, Donald J. Trump for President Inc. announced the Donald Trump –  Big Texas Tailgater at the site of the Make America Great Again rally at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas, tomorrow, October 22.”

“With requests for tickets exceeding over 100,000 online, the Trump Campaign has organized the tailgater to take place in the afternoon leading up to the rally starting at 6:30 pm CT. The tailgater will feature food trucks, live music courtesy of the Marcus Eldridge Band and the Will Carter Band, appearances by Trump Campaign spokespeople, big screens to see President Trump’s speech and more.”

“‘Texas is big and so will be the turnout for our MAGA rally in Houston, Texas Monday,’ said Michael Glassner, Chief Operating Officer of Donald J. Trump for President, Inc. “That’s why we’ve organized the Donald Trump – Big Texas Tailgater outside the Toyota Center. We’ll have great food, live music, big screens, and a great time for all of our guests. Inside and out, the excitement at this Trump rally will be as big as Texas – it’s going to be epic,’ he concluded.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1  seeder  XXJefferson51    6 years ago

“‘Texas is big and so will be the turnout for our MAGA rally in Houston, Texas Monday,’ said Michael Glassner, Chief Operating Officer of Donald J. Trump for President, Inc. “That’s why we’ve organized the Donald Trump – Big Texas Tailgater outside the Toyota Center. We’ll have great food, live music, big screens, and a great time for all of our guests. Inside and out, the excitement at this Trump rally will be as big as Texas – it’s going to be epic,’ he concluded.”

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    6 years ago

Somebody call Guinness, this has to be the worlds biggest jag-off convention ever.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  devangelical @1.1    6 years ago

No, that was the final night of the democrat national convention in Denver in 2008, complete with Greek columns.   

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.2  Ozzwald  replied to  devangelical @1.1    6 years ago

Somebody call Guinness, this has to be the worlds biggest jag-off convention ever.

So was the guy that counted these ticket requests the same guy that counted the attendees at Trump's biggest inauguration ever?

peak-trump-from-wash-mon.jpg

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.2    6 years ago

If you have any evidence that the story is wrong, feel free to post some facts contradicting the story.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.5  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.3    6 years ago
If you have any evidence that the story is wrong, feel free to post some facts contradicting the story.

Where did I say the story was wrong?  A little sensitive aren't you?  I asked who did the counting.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.5    6 years ago

You seemed to be questioning the story.

I never said you stated that.

Keep up better.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.7  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.6    6 years ago
You seemed to be questioning the story.

I asked who did the counting.  Are you so unsure of yourself that you cannot accept any questioning?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.7    6 years ago

Usually the venue handles ticket sales and requests. or they contract it out.

You seem fixated on who counted for some reason.

Why?

Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו
Junior Participates
1.1.9  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.1    6 years ago

You mean like these columns:

or these:

Where the man who was nominated in Denver in 2008 lived for 8 years:

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.10  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.8    6 years ago
You seem fixated on who counted for some reason.

I think you  need to look up the definition of "fixated".  I asked 1 question about it.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.10    6 years ago

And it has been answered. Let it go!

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.12  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.11    6 years ago
And it has been answered. Let it go!

I asked it once and only once, you're the one that won't drop it.  You're also the one that hasn't answered it.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.13  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.12    6 years ago

jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.14  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.13    6 years ago

Wouldn't it be easier for you to just say that you don't know who it was?  Instead of continuing to evade the question.

Junior Participates
1.1.15  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.14    6 years ago
Wouldn't it be easier for you to just say that you don't know who it was?

But that's never been Tex's m.o.  Once s/he dives into that pit of WRONG s/he just keeps burrowing deeper.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.16  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.14    6 years ago

What would REALLY be easier is for YOU to look it up since it seems important to you.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    6 years ago

Ya, they choose a venue that holds less than 20,000 and then give away 100,000 tickets so they can show the lemmings lined up outside. Trump has been doing the same schtick of giving away more tickets than the capacity of the venue for over two years. 'Look, so many people love me that there is a crowd outside!' and his sycophants lap up the pablum.

The estimate of those in and outside of the stadium was just over 30,000. 

Beto and Willy had 55,000 in Austin, a city less than half the size of Houston. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2  Vic Eldred    6 years ago

The heart of Republican territory

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    6 years ago

And it needs to stay that way.  Houston is the second most blue area in Texas after Austin so this kind of turnout there is encouraging.  It will be interesting to see how the mainstream media covers the event.  

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  cjcold  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1    6 years ago

Trump and the far right lies about everything. You own the original lie of religion so how can a thinker expect for you to tell the truth about anything? 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.1.2  Jasper2529  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1    6 years ago
It will be interesting to see how the mainstream media covers the event.

I'm not holding my breath waiting for MSM to give much coverage. 

In the coverage I saw from other media videos and interviews, people have enthusiastically been on line since Friday with chairs and even tents. Tailgate party atmosphere with live music and food trucks and  no violence.

A couple of examples:

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1    6 years ago
And it needs to stay that way.

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may". ...Sam Houston 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.5  Vic Eldred  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.4    6 years ago

It started today in MA as well. It means a lot less here because we barely have a Republican party here. We do have a liberal Republican Governor who is expected to win re-election easy, another Republican, Geoff Diehl, who has about as much chance of defeating our Native American Senator as winning the Lottery. Other than that we got a bunch of unopposed dems and 3 ballot questions. I think I can wait a bit to cast the two Republican votes, write in cartoon names vs the unopposed and vote and NOs on a requirement that hospitals maintain a certain amount of nurses for a certain amount of patients, and two other expensive, idiotic ideas.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.7  Vic Eldred  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.6    6 years ago

I've heard that San Antonio has grown tremendously, but it was by as you describe annexing areas.  I'm glad the law has changed.

The point about the legal immigrant is true. Many Hispanics who came here legally feel strongly about what they went through to attain citizenship. I'm glad to hear that!

Get in there and vote no matter how long it takes...

Do it for Texas and the Nation
Cowboycheerleaders.jpg

luther28
Sophomore Silent
3  luther28    6 years ago

Well I suppose, if folks are willing to fork over a nickel to see the side show at the carnival then they'll happily pay nothing to witness the talking Cheeto.

Take the monies they spend on these absurd theatrics and spend it on the needy. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4  Paula Bartholomew    6 years ago

Will Chapstick be one of the sponsors?

luther28
Sophomore Silent
4.1  luther28  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4    6 years ago

Preparation H is a sub-sponsor of the event I believe.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.1.1  cjcold  replied to  luther28 @4.1    6 years ago
Preparation H is a sub-sponsor of the event I believe.

Always figured that the far right wing was seriously anal retentive.

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.2  devangelical  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4    6 years ago

wingnuts that attend receive a swagbag that contains an American flag made in China, lip balm, and tic tacs

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @4.2    6 years ago

I hear at the Dem rallies they give grab bags of tissues, make-up (it must be reapplied after all those tears!) and crayons.

What was your favorite out of those?

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.2.3  devangelical  replied to  Release The Kraken @4.2.1    6 years ago

yup, once they've passed thru the digestive system.

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.2.4  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.2    6 years ago

the toilet paper roll with a picture of trump's face on every sheet

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.6  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @4.2.4    6 years ago

I'm betting on the tissue.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.2.7  Sparty On  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.2    6 years ago

You forgot the jumbo size tube of Preparation-H.   They can never have enough of that .....

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5  Jasper2529    6 years ago

100,000 requests to fill an 18,000 venue. Joe Biden was happy that 200 people showed up to his rally last week.  jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
6  bbl-1    6 years ago

No big deal.  Good for the Trumpers. [deleted]

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
6.1  bbl-1  replied to  bbl-1 @6    6 years ago

Deleted?  A recollection of a real, recorded historical/political event is not a 'sweeping generalization.'

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7  Sparty On    6 years ago

Perrie got it before i was able to respond.   Speedy girl!

I was going to say we need an axiom to Godwins law.   The axiom would include any event related to Hilter and his regime.

In this case it took only 11 hours .......

Junior Participates
8  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו    6 years ago

It's the epitome of desperation when people start trying to make crowd size at a rally mean anything.  

MrFrost
Professor Expert
10  MrFrost    6 years ago

Too busy to visit the troops, but not too busy to have yet another rally so people can kiss his ass. Trump is a disgusting POS. 

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
10.1  lennylynx  replied to  MrFrost @10    6 years ago

Yes he is, but his approval is up in the mid 40s, as high as it's ever been.  Almost half the country supports this lunatic, it is what it is.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
10.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  MrFrost @10    6 years ago

As if Presidents don’t campaign for party members running for various other offices ever off year election campaign.  Why hold Trump to a different standard?  

MrFrost
Professor Expert
10.2.1  MrFrost  replied to  XXJefferson51 @10.2    6 years ago

He has a rally almost every week and they are almost always for him, not other party members. No other president has had NEARLY that many campaign rallies...it's not even close. And trump had them starting a week after he took office... Why? Because he needs to have his ego stroked. Simple as that. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
10.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @10.2.1    6 years ago

Let's see what the results are in the election, okay?

Can't be any worse than Democrats losing over 1000 seats under Obama!

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
10.2.4  arkpdx  replied to  Release The Kraken @10.2.3    6 years ago

I heard that Booker went do the Wiener Nationals and was terribly disappointed to find out it was all about dogs. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
10.2.5  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  arkpdx @10.2.4    6 years ago

And Booker confessed on national tv about being in a grope fest......

Sparty On
Professor Principal
10.2.7  Sparty On  replied to  MrFrost @10.2.1    6 years ago
He has a rally almost every week and they are almost always for him, not other party members.

Really?   So he is just picking random states/locations that just happen to have a close race for Governor, Senate or House of Reps?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
10.2.8  Sparty On  replied to  Release The Kraken @10.2.6    6 years ago

Corey was disappointed when he attended a Nathans hot dog eating contest and found out it was about eating real hot dogs and not something else .....

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
10.2.9  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sparty On @10.2.8    6 years ago

Lol!  

cjcold
Professor Quiet
10.2.10  cjcold  replied to  XXJefferson51 @10.2    6 years ago
Why hold Trump to a different standard?  

Because Trump is bat shit crazy insane?

Junior Participates
11  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו    6 years ago

Oops:

At a rally in Houston on Monday evening, the president boasted, without evidence, that there were 50,000 people were watching the event outside the arena. Contradicting Trump's account, Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo tweeted that there were only 3,000 people watching outside the Toyota Center, where Trump rallied in support of his former foe Senator Ted Cruz in his re-election bid.

Scumbag's crowd-size lies are just like lies about his tiny dick and hands. 

Ender
Professor Principal
12  Ender    6 years ago

So we have a bunch of people that love a con man. Not surprising.

Then we have vitriol raised to new levels. Now we have a thread replete with homophobic jokes.

Nationalism being celebrated. Sickening.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13  Vic Eldred    6 years ago

Junior Participates
13.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Vic Eldred @13    6 years ago
"Dems produce mobs. Republicans produce JOBS!" President Trump at Make America Great Again Rally

Apparently the most recent job creation is fascist terrorist:

Latest On Suspect Devices

Here’s the quick rundown on what’s currently known:

1. A total of two “potential explosive devices” have been intercepted: one addressed to the Clintons’ residence in Chappaqua and one to the Obamas’ residence in Washington, D.C..
  2. None of those devices detonated.
  3. CNN is now reporting that it has evacuated its offices at Time Warner Center in New York City due to a suspicious package. Fire alarms could be heard going off on air live a few minutes ago.
  4. The devices in question are apparently similar to a device found in George Soros’ mailbox earlier this week.
  5. There was some initial confusion about whether the device sent to the Obamas went to former President Obama’s office or to their residence. The Secret Service statement confirmed it was their residence.
  6. While the devices are being described by the Secret Service as “potential” explosive devices, there are reports that the devices were “functional” if primitive.

The Secret Service has denied a CNN report that a third device, sent to the White House. But there was a third device:  the first one found yesterday in George Soros's mailbox.

Those people who yell at poor Republicans who are just trying to enjoy their gourmet dining experience are sooooooo evilllllllll!  Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @13.1    6 years ago

Oh well, lets hope he is caught and punished, unlike Bill Ayers

Junior Participates
13.1.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.1.1    6 years ago

Still gumming that bone.  Not that facts matter, nevertheless:

Due to the illegal tactics of FBI agents involved with the program, including conducting wiretaps and property searches without warrants, government attorneys requested all weapons-related and bomb-related charges be dropped against the Weather Underground, including charges against Ayers. [21] [22]

So, if you're looking for someone to blame for Ayers getting off, look to the DoJ's misbehavior.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @13.1.2    6 years ago

Well, hell, if THAT doesn't prove that the Weather Underground and Ayers is innocent, what does?

/S

Junior Participates
13.1.4  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @13.1.3    6 years ago
Well, hell, if THAT doesn't prove that the Weather Underground and Ayers is innocent, what does?

Who said anything about innocence?  Get a grip, Tex.  Your game was never that solid but it's been slipping badly of late.  Sad. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @13.1.4    6 years ago

Someone posted that they hoped whoever sent these bombs or poison letters was caught and punished, unlike Bill Ayers.

Then you came back with some remark about facts, as though you believe that Ayers is and was innocent. Otherwise, your remark would have been completely unnecessary.

No need to worry your pretty little head about me.

Junior Participates
13.1.6  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @13.1.5    6 years ago
Then you came back with some remark about facts, as though you believe that Ayers is and was innocent.

But I do worry about you when you invent things that never were said or happened.  When you have to resort to that pathetic gambit to try to score points that's worrisome.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @13.1.6    6 years ago

Score points?

Are you playing a game only you are aware  of?

WTF are you babbling on about now?

Your post is there for all to see. I'll let folks draw their on conclusions as to WHY you posted what you did about Ayers.

Dulay
Professor Expert
13.1.8  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @13.1.3    6 years ago

The one thing those facts DO prove is that the FBI WASN'T innocent. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @13.1.8    6 years ago

WTF does that have to do with Bill Ayers and the Weathermen? Did they set bombs or not?

Did they get off virtually scot-free?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
13.1.10  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @13.1.9    6 years ago

Yes and yes.  

Dulay
Professor Expert
13.1.11  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @13.1.9    6 years ago
WTF does that have to do with Bill Ayers and the Weathermen?

Since you replied to 13.1.2, I presumed that you actually READ the content. My bad.

If you actually want an answer to your question, READ the posted quote in 13.1.2. 

Did they set bombs or not?

Yes 'they' did. 

NO, 'they' didn't. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.1.12  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @13.1.11    6 years ago

How many years did Bill Ayers get and serve?

Dulay
Professor Expert
13.1.13  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @13.1.12    6 years ago
How many years did Bill Ayers get and serve?

WHY are you asking me a question that you have ALREADY been given the answer to, TWICE? 

Obtuse?

Do you acknowledge the facts behind WHY Ayers wasn't prosecuted?

Do you acknowledge the fact that other members of the Weatherman WERE prosecuted and served time? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.1.14  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @13.1.13    6 years ago

Please list any and all consequences through the law that Ayers had to face because of his illegal activities.

Dulay
Professor Expert
13.1.15  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @13.1.14    6 years ago
Please list any and all consequences through the law that Ayers had to face because of his illegal activities.

Why are you continuing to ask the same obtuse question?

Answer MY questions. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.1.16  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @13.1.15    6 years ago

Because it is kind of fun watching you deflect, deflect, deflect.

Dulay
Professor Expert
13.1.17  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @13.1.16    6 years ago
Because it is kind of fun watching you deflect, deflect, deflect.

Conversely, it isn't fun at all to watch you make false statements. 

Directing you to an answer to your question is in no way deflecting. The fact that you characterize it as such merely illustrates a lack of credulity. 

Your question was ANSWERED TWICE. You either chose to IGNORE the facts or are incapable of understanding them. 

Either way, you've made it clear that you have no intention of discussing this in good faith. 

Carry on...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.1.18  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @13.1.17    6 years ago

Name one false statement I have made here, and then BACK IT UP.

Take your "good faith" NONSENSE and apply it to yourself before getting on that high horse and lecturing me.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
13.1.19  Sparty On  replied to  Texan1211 @13.1.18    6 years ago

C'mon man!   Don't you know its a false statement with some around here when you simply disagree with them?

Get with the propaganda program bro!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.1.20  Texan1211  replied to  Sparty On @13.1.19    6 years ago

I did notice no follow-up post outlining my supposed "lies".

That's typical, too.

Dulay
Professor Expert
13.1.21  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @13.1.18    6 years ago

You stated that I 'deflect, deflect, deflect'. That is false. 

Take your "good faith" NONSENSE and apply it to yourself before getting on that high horse and lecturing me.

Sure, right after you answer my questions in good faith. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
13.1.22  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @13.1.20    6 years ago
That's typical, too.

Actually I said 'false statement' but if you'd rather characterize your posts as "lies", so be it. 

Junior Participates
13.1.23  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @13.1.9    6 years ago

I'm sure there's a price on their heads hoping some version of Cesar Sayoc will do to them what they never did to anyone else--murder.  I suppose one can always hope for vengeance, especially when it's asymmetrical,  right?

Junior Participates
13.1.24  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @13.1.20    6 years ago

Geez, Tex, there's only so much time and bandwidth.   

Junior Participates
13.1.25  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Dulay @13.1.21    6 years ago
You stated that I 'deflect, deflect, deflect

S/he's just trying to protect her/his territory and m.o.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.1.26  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @13.1.22    6 years ago

Gee, where I come from a false statement IS a lie.

Maybe in your world, it is just another political speech by a Democrat?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.1.27  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @13.1.23    6 years ago

Price on their heads?

Where do you live???

Sorry, Bill Ayers was elevated by the academic community after his atrocious crimes.

Not a chance the Dems would let anything happen to old Bill.

Dulay
Professor Expert
13.1.28  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @13.1.26    6 years ago

As I said, so be it. Your statement was a lie. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
13.1.29  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @13.1.27    6 years ago
Sorry, Bill Ayers was elevated by the academic community after his atrocious crimes.

A LOT of people get away scot-free with crimes.

Unlike Ayers, most of them COULD have and SHOULD have been prosecuted.

Hell, some of them are on the Federal Court and NO, I'm NOT even including Kavanaugh. There are a LOT of people that SHOULD have spent time in jail who are on the faculty of the most respected educational institutions in the country or on the boards of Fortune 500 corporations. 

Junior Participates
13.1.30  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @13.1.26    6 years ago

You oughta know if anyone does. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.1.31  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @13.1.30    6 years ago

Yes, I can recognize bullshit quite easily, and I have had lots of practice on here, and fully expect that to continue.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
13.1.32  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Dulay @13.1.8    6 years ago

The LBJ administrations FBI

Dulay
Professor Expert
13.1.33  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @13.1.32    6 years ago
The LBJ administrations FBI

Hence the use of a past tense verb.

Though I'm pretty sure that you've posted quite a few comments that infer that you have no love lost for the Trump FBI...

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
13.1.34  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Dulay @13.1.33    6 years ago

Once Trump has reformed it, I’ll trust the FBI again.  Obama bastardized the organization as part of his failed transparency transformation attempt

Junior Participates
13.1.35  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Dulay @13.1.13    6 years ago
WHY are you asking me a question that you have ALREADY been given the answer to, TWICE?  Obtuse?

More like pathetic and desperate at 11 on the meter. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
13.1.36  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @13.1.34    6 years ago
Once Trump has reformed it, I’ll trust the FBI again.  Obama bastardized the organization as part of his failed transparency transformation attempt

But everything was going to be so easy Xx. Trump appointed his DOJ leadership, Sessions has been in there since Feb. 2017 and Trump's FBI Director Wray has been in there for over a year now. WTF is taking so long? 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
13.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @13    6 years ago

The irony is that the jobs not mobs would likely have been deleted as a no value sweeping generalization had it not been said by the President of the United States and made into a GOP campaign statement so now it’s protected speech.  

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
13.2.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  XXJefferson51 @13.2    6 years ago
The irony is that the jobs not mobs would likely have been deleted as a no value sweeping generalization

Yep, and the real irony is that the slobs not mobs would also just as likely have been deleted as a no value sweeping generalization.

LOL Now I see why so many jump on the division bandwagon, Its sooo easy.

Ya just flip whatever the other side says upside down or play with a couple of words. 

But, who really wins ?  IMO: Not America not as a whole. Sliding further down the o slope one day at a time.    

sad

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.2.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  XXJefferson51 @13.2    6 years ago

Ya, the sweeping generalization clause!  Who was it that wanted that included in the Coc?  Do you remember?  Forget it..I don't think you are allowed to answer that.

Junior Participates
13.2.3  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  XXJefferson51 @13.2    6 years ago
The irony

No matter how many times we give some people the definition for irony it just won't stick.  It's a small thing compared to the many other ways they murder the language but still...........

cjcold
Professor Quiet
13.2.4  cjcold  replied to  XXJefferson51 @13.2    6 years ago
jobs not mobs?

So far rightwing lies, slogans, slurs, racist comments and fascist propaganda are now protected speech?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
13.2.5  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.2.2    6 years ago

Well it certainly wasn’t me.  It’s nothing more than a censorship tool.  Same applies to “no value”.  I can’t wait for the next coc rewrite and vote.  

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
14  Thrawn 31    6 years ago

Damn, a lot of people in Texas really need something to do on the weekends. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
14.1  Dulay  replied to  Thrawn 31 @14    6 years ago

Actually, in a city of over 2 million, that is a low turn out. Quite a few were from out of state too [CA, OK and LA]. 

Junior Participates
14.1.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Dulay @14.1    6 years ago
Quite a few were from out of state too.

Everyone knows garbage attracts rats.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
14.1.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @14.1.1    6 years ago

thus why coastal urban California has so many problems.  

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
14.1.3  Thrawn 31  replied to  XXJefferson51 @14.1.2    6 years ago

They are doing no worse than any other place with a lot of people. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
14.1.4  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Thrawn 31 @14.1.3    6 years ago

They are the prime definition of garbage attracting rats 🐀.