╌>

Pittsburgh Synagogue Suspect Robert Bowers is Neo-Nazi Who Posted About Killing Jews on Far-Right Social Network Gab

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  johnrussell  •  6 years ago  •  388 comments

Pittsburgh Synagogue Suspect Robert Bowers is Neo-Nazi Who Posted About Killing Jews on Far-Right Social Network Gab

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The man accused of murdering at least 11 people at a Pittsburgh synagogue Saturday morning appears to be a neo-Nazi who posted online about murdering Jews.

BBOYXXA.img?h=169&w=300&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

Robert Bowers, 46, of Pittsburgh had an account on Gab, a social media site beloved by the far-right. On Saturday morning, shortly before the shooting, Bowers posted an anti-semitic conspiracy theory and what appeared to be a threat of violence.

“Screw your optics,” he wrote. “I’m going in.”

Shortly thereafter, around 10 a.m., he allegedly entered Pittsburgh’s Tree of Life synagogue during a crowded service and started shooting. Witnesses said he shouted, “all Jews must die” upon entering, according to multiple reports.

The only Robert Bowers in the Pittsburgh area with the same birth month and year as the synagogue suspect has an email address listed in public documents that is linked to the Gab account.

Bowers’ Gab handle, “OneDingo” appears to be authentic. He has used the screen name in connection with his legal name on computer programming sites for years. His Gab profile was verified. Unlike Twitter, which verifies accounts that can prove their identities, Gab verifies accounts that pay for the status.

Shortly after the shooting, Gab deleted his profile and issued a statement claiming it has “zero tolerance” for terrorism and violence and boasting that it had contacted law enforcement after being alerted to the account.

But Bowers used his paid platform to promote neo-Nazi conspiracy theories and violence. Bowers used his paid platform to promote neo-Nazi conspiracy theories and violence. He repeatedly posted about the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society, a Jewish nonprofit that aids refugees, and on Saturday claimed the group was bringing “invaders in that kill our people.”

BBOZ5eZ.img?h=153&w=300&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f a screenshot of a cell phone

The claim echoes a neo-Nazi conspiracy theory underlying much of modern anti-semitism, which falsely claims Jewish people are trying to “replace” whites through immigration. It’s why neo-Nazis at a torchlit rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, last year chanted, “Jews will not replace us.” The conspiracy theory is the cornerstone of some neo-Nazis’ white supremacist ideology.

“There are no words to express how devastated we are by the events in Pittsburgh this morning,” the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society wrote in a statement. “This loss is our loss, and our thoughts are with Tree of Life Congregation, our local partner Jewish Family and Community Services (JFCS) of Pittsburgh, the city of Pittsburgh and all those affected by this senseless act of violence. As we try to process this horrifying tragedy, we pray that the American Jewish community and the country can find healing.”

Bowers also posted conspiracy theories about George Soros, a Democratic donor whom another right-wing attacker allegedly targeted with a bomb this week, and who has become the subject of an anti-Semitic smear campaign by right-wingers. Other posts targeted individual anti-fascist activists whom Gab users have routinely harassed. He shared a post complaining about charges against the far-right group the Proud Boys, some of whom were arrested for their involvement in a NYC brawl this month.

He also posted conspiracy theories about George Soros, a Democratic donor whom another right-wing attacker allegedly targeted with a bomb this week, and who has become the subject of an anti-Semitic smear campaign by right-wingers. Other posts praised Hitler and targeted individual anti-fascist activists whom Gab users have routinely harassed. He shared a post complaining about charges against the far-right group the Proud Boys, some of whom were arrested for their involvement in a NYC brawl this month.

His header image was a neo-Nazi meme.

Bowers was also among a set of neo-Nazis who criticized President Donald Trump for what they perceived as him being not biased enough toward Jews.

Like Cesar Sayoc , the Florida Trump fan arrested Friday for allegedly mailing a dozen pipe bombs to Trump critics, Bowers used his account to threaten violence. He called for the killing of Jews and posted pictures of his guns, three Glock pistols.

He also appeared to have referenced Sayoc’s alleged bombing campaign. On Thursday, when far-right forums were in a frenzy over the bombs, he complained about “an amazing among of division on gab today,” followed by an anti-semitic comment.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    6 years ago
The claim echoes a neo-Nazi conspiracy theory underlying much of modern anti-semitism, which falsely claims Jewish people are trying to “replace” whites through immigration.

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1  Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell @1    6 years ago
The claim echoes a neo-Nazi conspiracy theory underlying much of modern anti-semitism, which falsely claims Jewish people are trying to “replace” whites through immigration.

Whoa-- wait a second!

Do you mean to say that all those hordes of Mexicans (Not their best people-- you know, all those rapist, thieves, and secret Jewish members of ISIS trying to enter the United States are not actually secretly Jews disguised as Mexicans?

That it may actually be a False Flag Operation by The Jewish Mossad (and other equally sinister Jewish groups?)

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.2  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @1    6 years ago
Jewish people are trying to “replace” whites through immigration.

Aren't most (obviously not all) jews pretty white? jrSmiley_26_smiley_image.gif

JBB
Professor Principal
1.2.1  JBB  replied to  Tacos! @1.2    6 years ago

Judaism is a faith and not a race though Nazis do not agree.

Butt, Nazis a/k/a White Nationalists are all olde dumbasses...

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.2.2  Skrekk  replied to  JBB @1.2.1    6 years ago
Judaism is a faith and not a race though Nazis do not agree.

It's a faith and both a cultural identity and an ethnic identity, although the latter is the case largely due to the history of pogroms to expel or exterminate Jews like the Alhambra Decree in 1492.    But because of that some folks can trace their ancestry straight to the Sephardim.

As far as the Nazis and neo-Nazis go they seem to have issues with anyone who's even vaguely semitic but Jews seem to take the brunt of their hate.    At least the modern white supremacists have expanded their hate to include Muslim semites too.    And then there's Stephen Miller.....hard to say how that one got so effed up.

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.2.3  Krishna  replied to  Skrekk @1.2.2    6 years ago
As far as the Nazis and neo-Nazis go they seem to have issues with anyone who's even vaguely semitic

The exception being, in many cases, the "Palestinians" who are definitely Semitic.

(BTW there's a common misperception that "Semitic" refers to a specific race. It does not. It refers t people of a certain linguisitic group (Semitic languages being for the most part Arabic, Hebrew, and Aramaic). Its not a relious group nor a racial group.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.2.4  Skrekk  replied to  Krishna @1.2.3    6 years ago
As far as the Nazis and neo-Nazis go they seem to have issues with anyone who's even vaguely semitic
The exception being, in many cases, the "Palestinians"

Are they?   If so I've never been aware of that.    Maybe I can see some "enemy of my enemy" logic but otherwise it doesn't make sense.    But it's not something I've ever discussed with anyone.

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.2.5  Krishna  replied to  Skrekk @1.2.4    6 years ago

Are they?   If so I've never been aware of that.    Maybe I can see some "enemy of my enemy" logic but otherwise it doesn't make sense.    But it's not something I've ever discussed with anyone.

Well, there are things that I've never discussed with anyone as well...so therefore I used to think they were untrue. (Eventually I begun to realized that just because I didn't know about something, it didn't necessarily mean it didn't exist). 

To put it another way-- there are two types of things that I don't know.

-The things I know that I don't know. (For example, the annual # of bushels of Wheat produced in the U.S. in 2016. While I have no idea how many there were-- i do know that the U.S. did produce that wheat, and a certain number of busahels were produced. Even though I don't know the number.

-The things that I don't know-- where I didn't even know that information exists. 

Just because I don't know that something exists doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

And just because I had no idea that something happened doesn't mean it didn't happen.

(I find this to be a constant problem on NT-- often people assume something didn't happen-- because they didn't know about it). Or to put it yet another way-- when you're dealing with a bunch of "know it-alls", its hard to have an intelligent conversation! They say it never happened-- because they know nothing about it.)

P.S: This is not a criticism of any specific individual or group of individuals.

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.2.6  Krishna  replied to  Skrekk @1.2.4    6 years ago

Haj Amin al-Husseini, the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, in Nazi Germany ,1943.   Kedem Auction House

Ok-- now you are aware of it! Or at least beginning to be-- there's lots more after this. Although it is a bit off topic-- so I probably won't continue.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.2.7  Skrekk  replied to  Krishna @1.2.5    6 years ago

My point being that I know a few Palestinians and I've never heard them express any fondness for white supremacists or antisemites.     I doubt the current crop of neo-Nazis here would even be aware that there are both Christian and Muslim Palestinians, and I can't imagine that they have any fondness for the latter anyway.   But please educate me if you know something I don't.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  seeder  JohnRussell    6 years ago

I am hoping the connection of the two instances of violence (or attempted violence) over the past few days will open the eyes of some Trump supporters who perhaps voted for him and the GOP in '16 halfheartedly. 

I know they won't change the minds of Trump's "Trumpsters", his ill informed and non thinking "deplorables", but perhaps these grave events will cause some of the half hearted Trump supporters to come to their senses. 

These recent events are the fruits of the logical extensions of Trump's appeal. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @2    6 years ago

And I hope someday people will start blaming criminals for criminal behaviors.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1    6 years ago

Trump's a criminal and I blame him for his behaviors all the time. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.1    6 years ago

Please list the crime for which Trump was indicted, tried, convicted of, where the trial took place, and his sentence.

If you can't do that, I'll take your post as just another Hate Trump rant.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.3  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.2    6 years ago

LOL. You are a criminal because you commit crime, not because you have been convicted and sentenced. 

It is also noted that criminal has another meaning which applies to Trump

DISGRACEFUL   

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.3    6 years ago

So, just another Hate Trump rant.

Got it, must be another day ending in a "y".

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.5  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.3    6 years ago

Definition of crime 

1: an illegal act for which someone can be punished by the governmentespecially : a gross violation of law

2: a grave offense especially against morality

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
2.1.6  Studiusbagus  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1    6 years ago

Oh, the criminal will.

But then there is thefrequent reminder of association.

Something like the broad sweep used to tie antifa with liberals. Or even the rehashed yet again connection of Bill Ayers.

I mean we can't forget "paling around with terrorists" now can we?

Well, now we have more than one deadly violent incident recently and the trails of association lead directly back to the right.

Suddenly we're being called to deal with.the individual...how ironic!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.8  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.4    6 years ago

Let's just say I am not quaking in my boots out of fear of the day you will make more sense than I do. Stop making excuses for this fool. Maybe it will be good for the soul. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.5    6 years ago

When you say someone is a criminal, you need to use the correct definition.

A criminal is as follows:

Definition of criminal (Entry 2 of 2)
: one who has committed a crime
: a person who has been convicted of a crime

When you call someone a criminal, as you did, then that word criminal is being used as a NOUN.

I just gave you the definition of the word criminal as a noun.

So, unless you give me a time and place of a criminal conviction, he is not considered a criminal by definition.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.10  Texan1211  replied to    6 years ago

Amazing, isn't it?

LMAO!

What part aren't they getting?

Or is TDS so strong it defies all logic?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.11  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.9    6 years ago

You don't even understand your own definition. 

You don't have to be convicted of a crime to be a criminal. 

If I rob a bank and I never get caught, are you trying to say I am thus not a criminal ?

That is a laughable argument. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.12  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.11    6 years ago

Tell me what crime you think Trump has committed.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.13  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.12    6 years ago

He committed tax fraud. Most likely on many many occasions. I also think he has committed numerous financial crimes. He is lucky we dont really prosecute white collar crime in America. 

He also grabbed a few pussies that were no doubt prosecutable at the time. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.1.15  MrFrost  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.2    6 years ago

Fraud is a crime and trump has been sued for fraud ~3,000 times. Trump is a criminal. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.1.16  MrFrost  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.12    6 years ago
Tell me what crime you think Trump has committed.

Apparently you've never heard of Trump University. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1.18  Greg Jones  replied to  MrFrost @2.1.15    6 years ago

To be accused is not being a criminal. Remember how you defended HRC about the illegal use of her email account.

A person has to be tried and convicted in order to be labeled a criminal. Wouldn't you agree?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.19  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.17    6 years ago

There is a 14,000 word article on the New York Times, for weeks now, which goes into great detail about how the Trump family committed tax fraud. That includes Donald Trump personally. You can find the article and read it today. In the article it says LAWS were broken. It names names and dates. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.21  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.20    6 years ago
You're speaking of that "article" that they ran back in the, what was it, the 1970's or 80's?

The article in the NYT is entirely from reporting done in 2018. The newspaper acquired tens of thousands of Trump family financial records. A lot of the criminality is from 20 or 30 years ago, that is true, but since they have gotten away with it, it seems likely the Trump crime family is still going at it. 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
2.1.23  KDMichigan  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.20    6 years ago
Please show me the criminal complaints and CONVICTIONS that resulted.

Because he can't. 

What do you expect in the age of Anderson "fake news" Cooper.

People can see a man holding a apple and if there favorite news tells them that although it appears to be a apple it is actually a orange, they gobble it up.

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
2.1.24  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.22    6 years ago
Are you having problems locating them?

LOL... He should search "trump pays fines" 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.25  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  KDMichigan @2.1.23    6 years ago
Because he can't.  What do you expect in the age of Anderson "fake news" Cooper.

I've never seen anyone so anxious to wallow in their own personal embarrassment the way you are. The "Anderson Cooper" story completely embarrassed you when the facts came out. What planet are you living on? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.27  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.13    6 years ago

Tax fraud.

Prove it.

With real facts, not some bullshit about "investigations" and "audits".

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.28  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.27    6 years ago
Tax fraud.

Prove it.

With real facts, not some bullshit about "investigations" and "audits".

Although I could copy and paste from the NYT story, which is 14,000 words and goes into the details of this tax fraud the way a good book would, I am not going to comply with the demands of lazy people who want to remain ignorant of the facts. I told you where the "facts" are, go and find the article for yourself. 

This site is deluged with intentional ignorance, and often from the people who post the most comments. It's a shame, really. 

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
2.1.29  Cerenkov  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.28    6 years ago

Translation. He can't prove shit.

Fake news.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2.1.30  lady in black  replied to  Cerenkov @2.1.29    6 years ago

Long read but here you go.  Fake news my aunt fanny

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.31  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Cerenkov @2.1.29    6 years ago

I'm not going to lead you by the nose. You have to do at least a little of the work to prove your sincerity. 

The New York Times Accuses President Trump of Tax Fraud ...

Bottom line, Trump inherited almost half a billion dollars from his parents, and according to the NYT, he committed fraud in the inheritance-process by failing to give the …

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.32  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  lady in black @2.1.30    6 years ago

Donald trump is a known fraud. He is paying 20 MILLION dollars to the victims of his Trump University scam. He also took part in pyramid schemes (multi-level marketing). Why would someone who was so rich need to put his name on pyramid schemes? Maybe he wasnt that rich at the time. He was blowing through the money his mother and father were leaving him like there was no tomorrow. 

Trump is a KNOWN fraud, and yet we have the ignorant Trumpsters acting SHOCKED, shocked I tell you, at the suggestion that their hero committed criminal tax fraud. 

Sophomore Guide
2.1.33  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.26    6 years ago
The funny thing about that is there aren't any criminal convictions there.

Yeah I know or he'd have done jail time...LOL

LOL  LOL  lOL 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.35  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.34    6 years ago

Is there any way we can get you to stop repeating the same drivel over and over again ? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.38  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.28    6 years ago

I figured you were just smack-talking, with no intentions of proving your claims.

That's cool, and what I expected anyways.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.39  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.3    6 years ago
You are a criminal because you commit crime, not because you have been convicted and sentenced. 

OK, so what crime has Trump committed....be specific, and, "I don't like him" is not a crime.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.40  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.13    6 years ago
He committed tax fraud. Most likely on many many occasions. I also think he has committed numerous financial crimes.

So you really have no idea...got it!!!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.41  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @2.1.39    6 years ago

Take a hike. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.42  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @2.1.40    6 years ago

Give me a T

Give me an R

Give me an O

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.43  Krishna  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1    6 years ago

Me too!
I've always wondered how come Criminals get off Scott Free -- and all those people in are prisons are not criminals but rather just innocent Americans?
Isn't it about time we start blaming Criminals for their actions...?

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.44  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.41    6 years ago

John, if you can't reply to the comment coherently, please do not reply at all.

Just because "you think" or " you believe" does not make Trump guilty, except in your deluded world.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.45  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @2.1.44    6 years ago

It is a shame that on this forum we are not allowed to reply to people like you in a way you so richly deserve. I have specifically addressed what you are saying, numerous times on this seed and others. The proper response to you would involve the phrase "where the sun don't shine". Sadly, we don't have that option. 

So, take a hike. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.46  Texan1211  replied to  bugsy @2.1.44    6 years ago

Rather Hitlerian to think Trump is guilty solely because someone says so, huh?

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.47  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.45    6 years ago

Sorry, but you lose....yet again..

You have made comments that Trump is guilty...of something...anything. But you have no idea what.You just use your opinion as fact, then demean anyone that asks for proof of your comments.

Quite possibly, unless you can show proof of your false allegations, it is YOU who needs to take a hike.

I'm pretty sure most on here would agree.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.48  Texan1211  replied to  Krishna @2.1.43    6 years ago

I always have. screw that nonsense about society and environment and being poor or "disadvantaged".

People are responsible for their OWN actions.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.49  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @2.1.47    6 years ago

There have actually been books written about Trump's crimes. Do you know how to read a book Bugsy? 

How about a newspaper? Do you know how to read a newspaper? Maybe you don't. That might explain why you keep asking questions that have already been addressed. Should I arrange to have them read to you?  That might be possible to set up. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.50  bugsy  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.46    6 years ago

[deleted]

[The CoC] is [pretty straight foreword,  address the topic or other's comments,]

not the [seeder or other members.]

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.51  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.49    6 years ago

Sorry John...I call bullshit..and so does most of America...except for the loons

If Trump has committed a crime, he should have been indicted, tried in court and sentenced, all of which has never happened.

[Deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.52  Texan1211  replied to  bugsy @2.1.51    6 years ago

[deleted]

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.53  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @2.1.43    6 years ago

Me too!
I've always wondered how come Criminals get off Scott Free -- and all those people in are prisons are not criminals but rather just innocent Americans?
Isn't it about time we start blaming Criminals for their actions...?

Oh-- I forgot to mention: That was meant as sarcasm!!!

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
2.1.54  cobaltblue  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.10    6 years ago
What part aren't they getting?

What the fuck aren't YOU getting, Tex? I looked for an article you've written, maybe explaining your stance on something ... anything, and I didn't find shit. If I don't like the subject, I scroll past it. You have such a fuckin' crush on JR and devangelical and I bet  you have pillows made with their avatars on them so you can cuddle with them at night. See, when I see bullshit articles, when I see shit I wouldn't comment on because it'd be a waste of my time, I scroll past. Oh wait. Do you have one of those rogue mouses that take you to articles you don't want to visit? I swear to god, Logitech should get their shit together. 

Some guy kills 11 people in a place of worship, another nut is denied entry to a black congregation and walks next door to Walmart and kills a grandfather holding his grandson's hand, and you're bitching about the definition of criminal? People who comment like that are pussies. Loser pussies at that. Get a life. Get a wife. Write something smart. Or get out of someplace that makes you comment like someone who couldn't buy a clue. Holy shit. What a fuckin' zoo. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.55  Texan1211  replied to  cobaltblue @2.1.54    6 years ago

[Removed]

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
2.1.56  cobaltblue  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.55    6 years ago
You seem triggered and a little upset.

Naw ... you obviously don't know me that well. What I don't get is why you're here. If your commentary made an iota of sense, if your commentary didn't make you appear like someone who has nothing to do except eat Nutter Butters while thinking they're putting one over on someone, if your comments didn't make it seem like you're someone doesn't have anyone else to bounce ideas off of at night or enjoy good conversation with, someone he has something in common with, if your commentary didn't make you seem lonely because the only joy is going into someplace where you're not wanted or have anything worthwhile to contribute, then you're giving me joy. Pure unadulterated joy. It reminds me of a kitten playing with a cockroach. You don't have enough to upset me. It'd be like saying an erased blackboard makes me upset. 

Write an article and see if you can upset me that way.

Internet-tough-guy-troll.jpeg

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.57  Texan1211  replied to  cobaltblue @2.1.56    6 years ago

[Removed]

[Discuss seeds not members of this forum]

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
2.1.58  A. Macarthur  replied to  Studiusbagus @2.1.6    6 years ago

How full of shit for Trump and his base of fools, to simultaneously bad mouth Antifa while telling Jews they need to protect themselves in their synagogues by hiring armed guards!

Fucking hypocrites!

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
2.1.59  cobaltblue  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.57    6 years ago

Whaaaaat?!? You don't know the word "pussy" can be used in multiple ways?? I thought you knew all definitions of all words. You know, like 'criminal' and the like.

The word   pussy   is also used in a derogatory sense to mean cowardly, weak, or easily fatigued. The   Collins Dictionary   says:   "( taboo, slang, mainly US) an ineffectual or timid person."   It may refer to a male who is not considered sufficiently masculine, as in: "The coach calls us pussies." Men who are dominated by women (particularly by their partners or spouses and at one time referred to as 'hen-pecked', see   pecking order) can be referred to as   pussy-whipped   (or simply   whipped   in slightly more polite society or media).   This may be used simply to denigrate a man who is contented in a relationship. The hyphenated phrase is parsed as "whipped by pussy", a manipulative relationship dynamic wherein a female deliberately or subconsciously   withholds sexual intercourse   to coerce the male into surrendering power in other aspects of the relationship. The male's weakness is his desire for access to female genitalia, and his willingness to weaken his position in the relationship to obtain that access, combining two uses of the word pussy.

Cite .

Get thee to a  dick tionary.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.60  Texan1211  replied to  cobaltblue @2.1.59    6 years ago

[Removed]

[Discuss Seeded topic not members of this forum]

user image
Freshman Silent
2.1.61    replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.60    6 years ago
Need me to find a therapy puppy for you?

E.A  LOL Here I think this is what is needed!!!!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.62  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.1    6 years ago

Really? Thanks for that info. I didn't know he was a criminal - so can you please post his criminal police record for us?  You, know, the list of serious offences in which he has been convicted (never mind the parking tickets or speeding tickets, please, because if they count towards the definition of being a criminal then I am, and I'll bet you too, are criminals as well).  As well, if what he has been accused of has not culminated in his being convicted of it then it is NOT a crime.  Crime must be proven in a court of law.  Otherwise it is conjecture.  Because, calling him a criminal if he has not been convicted of a crime other than a misdemeanor, would make the person who does so over the internet liable to be sued for libel.  Even that bastard Bowers cannot be called a criminal until he has been convicted of a crime.

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
2.1.63  cobaltblue  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.60    6 years ago
Calm down.

Hilarious! I love it. You pretend to be all-knowing about everything, yet you've never done anything except insert yourself someplace where you're intellectually overmatched so you feel you can annoy the left, and when you can't because of ineffectual commentary, you attempt what I'm sure you think is a manipulative way to make someone appear as if you have done something you set out to accomplish. It's hilarious and I appreciate it. Unfortunately you're counting on what Trump counts on for his constituents. You're hoping that most of the commentors here have IQs in lukewarm digits. Awwww. That's cute. 

I've said it a thousand times, and I'll say it again to you, Tex. Don't come to an intellectual duel wielding only your spork. 

user image
Freshman Silent
2.1.64    replied to  cobaltblue @2.1.63    6 years ago
I've said it a thousand times, and I'll say it again to you, Tex. Don't come to an intellectual duel wielding only your spork. 

E.A   I recommend Members of NT do a search on that " quote " and see how oft it been used and why, Have FUN!!!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.65  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  cobaltblue @2.1.56    6 years ago

There are a half dozen or so right wingers here, including those who post comments , sometimes many comments, just about every day. This half dozen doesn't seed any articles, doesn't write any articles, and rarely includes a link or even a quote to support what they say. Their sole purpose here appears to be to be a peanut gallery of ankle biting contrarians , dedicated to the cause of defending Trump in every aspect, and dedicated to attacking "the left" in every topic. They say important things like "CNN is fake news", and "Trump is keeping his promises" and "The Clinton crime family..." . This half dozen deplorables regurgitates the shop worn slogans of the Fox News nation and the dull excuse for thinking hammered home by conservative radio. In other words, their arguments have a shelf life of about 5 seconds when exposed to facts and logic. 

The protocols of Newstalkers demand that these folks be presumed to have as much to offer as those among us who seed articles, write articles, and understand the difference between facts and real fake news. Here, as long as you can bash away at a keyboard you are presumed to be a viable contributor. It really should not go down that way. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.66  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  A. Macarthur @2.1.58    6 years ago

The Temple I attended in Toronto started using an armed guard at the door 40 years ago. Antisemitic violence is not something that just started happening when Trump became POTUS.

Did schools just start being shot up two years ago?

Did all of these happen only since Trump became POTUS?

"Bowers used a lightweight semi-automatic AR-15 in the attack, identical to the weapons used in mass shootings in Aurora, Parkland, Las Vegas, Sandy Hook, Sutherland Springs and San Bernardino in recent years. Each shooting resulted in mass casualties."

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.67  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.62    6 years ago
Really? Thanks for that info. I didn't know he was a criminal - so can you please post his criminal police record for us?  You, know, the list of serious offences in which he has been convicted (never mind the parking tickets or speeding tickets, please, because if they count towards the definition of being a criminal then I am, and I'll bet you too, are criminals as well).  As well, if what he has been accused of has not culminated in his being convicted of it then it is NOT a crime.  Crime must be proven in a court of law.  Otherwise it is conjecture.  Because, calling him a criminal if he has not been convicted of a crime other than a misdemeanor, would make the person who does so over the internet liable to be sued for libel.  Even that bastard Bowers cannot be called a criminal until he has been convicted of a crime.

Buzz, I can call you a criminal, you can call me a criminal, we can both call Trump a criminal, you can call Pope Francis a criminal. And so on. You don't have to be convicted to be a criminal. Period. You have to commit crime. 

There are writers, I am thinking of a David Cay Johnston, who have written about Trump for decades, and who have said flat out that Trump has committed financial crimes. And they will tell you how he did it and when he did it. Has Trump sued them? Of course not, any such suit would require trump to reveal his tax returns. 

The New York Times is the latest to specifically accuse Trump of tax fraud. They even posted copies of the documents that show it. 

Why are you so invested in protecting the "honor" of Donald Trump? It is inexplicable . And my gosh, what a fool's errand. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.68  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.67    6 years ago

Is Fraud Part of the Trump Organization’s Business Model ...

https:// www.newyorker.com /news/swamp-chronicles/is- fraud -part-of...

Donald , Ivanka, and Donald Trump , Jr., promote a Panama real-estate project at an event in New York in 2006.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.69  Texan1211  replied to  cobaltblue @2.1.63    6 years ago

Oh, I wouldn't. I know some couldn't even withstand that low-grade kind of firepower. I wouldn't want to be too mean to them, what with hurt feelings and all.

You keep stating you aren't upset, but it seems every post proves you wrong. 

Might want to work on that.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.70  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.67    6 years ago
"Why are you so invested in protecting the "honor" of Donald Trump? It is inexplicable . And my gosh, what a fool's errand."

You know damn well that I just enjoy being devil's advocate. (In fact I was one recently with respect to a certain conversation on chat, and was thanked for it.)  And I'm not denying that Trump could well be the devil.  The only thing about Trump that I support is his support for Israel - but until I've seen what he has up his sleeve for his "Deal of a Lifetime", I shouldn't speak too soon.

Sophomore Guide
2.1.71  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.70    6 years ago
The only thing about Trump that I support is his support for Israel - but until I've seen what he has up his sleeve for his "Deal of a Lifetime", I shouldn't speak too soon.

Buzz I don't think you are alone. I think a lot of Americans also like trump for a one or a few reasons. Personally I think he's good at seeing what the problems are.(big deal so am I) but IMO: president trump's solutions are always grandiose, over the top and therefore actually unrealistic, his solutions always seem to need to be scaled down and brought into reality. Also IMO: his ways and means of accomplishment also suck !!

As you say we need to wait and see with this man What he actually does, not putting to much stock in what he says. He seems to say whatever he wants to get whatever he wants. Watching WHAT he DOES IS still REALITY though. 

I hope.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
2.1.72  A. Macarthur  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.31    6 years ago

Good chance Mueller has Trump’s tax returns; if Democrats take the House, in January when they take office, we will likely see more than just tax evasion, fraud, money laundering, debts to Russia, Saudi Arabia and other creditors that have Trump’s ass over a barrel.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.73  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @2.1.71    6 years ago

Your nonchalance over having a pathological liar serving in the most important public office in the world is "amusing". 

He is also unrestrained by common decency. I think decency is a valuable trait for a leader to exhibit. He has very little of it. 

"Both sides"ers are not as detrimental to the public good right now as Trumpsters are, but they're not helping either. 

Sophomore Guide
2.1.74  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.73    6 years ago
Your nonchalance over having a pathological liar serving in the most important public office in the world is "amusing". 

John, I don't know what I call how I feel about trump or him being president. 

Its certainly a mix. I do not personally like the man, his personality or his attitudes , ways and means of accomplishment much at all. To me one of his only saving graces is I do believe deep down he does want to do good for America. I believe he really would love to be "The Best American president ever!" Selfish ulterior motive, but saving grace nonetheless. 

IMO: He never could be the best president with what he really is.  

But that's besides the point. Hating this man or anyone isn't me. I dont need or want the hate in me. It doesn't change reality. Hate is hard on a person, so no thanks. 

I didn't want trump to be president , I did what I could not to have him be president and I dont want him to stay president.

However he is president. To not see what he is realistically does me no good. 

a pathological liar..  YES !

I have no idea how many times I have said and/or typed: "Words to me don't mean much, its deeds that matter!" Trump

IF other's can't or don't want to understand WTF that means I dont think calling them names is gonna change that. Calling their Idol a pathological liar doesn't seem to change anyone's mind.. No matter  who that idol is. 

I have for a very long time now not underestimated this man, But hating him isn't going to stop what he does either. Spewing hate turns others off from listening to what I do believe so I try to not do that. 

So whatever you choose to call how I see trump is your choice, amusing isn't what I call it though, slightly horrified may be closer. Totally sceptital maybe. Unhappy, for damn sure.

later, john, have a nice rest of the evening

Sophomore Guide
2.1.75  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.73    6 years ago
He is also unrestrained by common decency. I think decency is a valuable trait for a leader to exhibit. He has very little of it.  "Both sides"ers are not as detrimental to the public good right now as Trumpsters are, but they're not helping either. ................

Agreed !

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
2.1.76  Skrekk  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.67    6 years ago
The New York Times is the latest to specifically accuse Trump of tax fraud. They even posted copies of the documents that show it.

The cool part is that NY state is now investigating Trump's tax fraud scheme, but it's doubtful that the IRS will since Trump controls them.    However he can't hide that fraud from Mueller or from the Dems once they take over the House in January.

It's a shame the GOP neither has the balls or the ethics to do that investigation but will only try to obstruct it.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2.1.77  Snuffy  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.26    6 years ago
but I've NEVER seen an SpecOps operator doing HALO jumps or breaching a door while in a wheel chair, or reading braille

That might be a good script for a Jack Black movie..   :)

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
2.1.78  cobaltblue  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.69    6 years ago
Might want to work on that.

Keep tryin', Tex. Saying it a thousand times doesn't make it so. Telling the truth doesn't equate anger. I enjoy pointing out someone's intellectual frailties and watching the pisspoor way they try to spin it. You've never contributed  to this site in any meaningful way by seeding or writing an article. It seems you're here to garner the attention of those you have crushes on. That's it. It's either that or you're playing the troll game. That's what lonely and somewhat pathetic losers do. Or you're extremely envious of JR. You either want to be JR or you want to cuddle with him.

Keep insisting I'm angry, Tex. Everyone can see you're trying desperately to spin. Ha! You remind me of a junebug. Everyone knows my junebug story.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.79  Texan1211  replied to  cobaltblue @2.1.78    6 years ago

You seem adept at projecting.

I don't insist on you being angry. Good lord, I don't care if you are angry. I am just pointing out what appears to be so.

I know some people are emotional. I can cut them some slack, I am sure it is something that they are unable to control. It is probably why they are unable to resist from getting personal and making emotional arguments.

Which isn't an excuse for adults.

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
2.1.81  cobaltblue  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.79    6 years ago
You seem adept at projecting.

And you try to be adept at spinning. Ha! Adorable ... weakly adorable. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.1.82  MrFrost  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1.18    6 years ago

If trump was innocent why did he settle out of court for 25 million dollars? Because he wasn't innocent perhaps? Lol

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.83  Tessylo  replied to  cobaltblue @2.1.56    6 years ago

'Write an article and see if you can upset me that way.'

Internet-tough-guy-troll.jpeg

jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_24_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.84  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.65    6 years ago

'There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

This has been here before seemingly Teflon Don but especially so now that he is 'president'

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.85  Tessylo  replied to  cobaltblue @2.1.78    6 years ago

I knew some of my detractors were sweet on me!  You're so good at getting to the bottom of things!  Some loved me so much they couldn't bear to be around me so they ran to the moderators and had me blocked from speaking to them here on the forum.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.86  Texan1211  replied to  cobaltblue @2.1.81    6 years ago

Don't be mad.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.87  bugsy  replied to  bugsy @2.1.50    6 years ago

To SP....

I understand that you are assigned to me as moderator, but how about showing a little fairness when you delete and give out tickets. You say the Coc is straightforward and we are to not address other members, but it seems JR not only directed a post to me that tells me to take a hike, more than once, he also goes to the name calling by calling me a troll, and yet, his posts are still there.

Wonder why that is...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.88  Texan1211  replied to  bugsy @2.1.87    6 years ago

Do you really?

I don't anymore.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.89  bugsy  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.88    6 years ago
Do you really?

No I don't. The obviousness is, well,........obvious.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.1.90  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.2    6 years ago

So, if someone rapes and murders someone and still has not been captured, they aren't a criminal simply because they have not been tried and convicted?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.1.91  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.9    6 years ago

Your own definition defines a criminal as being.......one who has committed a crime.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.92  Tessylo  replied to  A. Macarthur @2.1.72    6 years ago

'Good chance Mueller has Trump’s tax returns; if Democrats take the House, in January when they take office, we will likely see more than just tax evasion, fraud, money laundering, debts to Russia, Saudi Arabia and other creditors that have Trump’s ass over a barrel.'

He's indebted up to his ludicrous combover.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.93  Tessylo  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @2.1.74    6 years ago
'To me one of his only saving graces is I do believe deep down he does want to do good for America.'

This is where we part company.  He's only doing what is best for the richest of the rich and those who paid their way to jobs in his administration as well as paying back his big time donors when he cut their taxes.  

Also by not putting sanctions on Russia and Saudi Arabia.  

Sophomore Guide
2.1.94  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Tessylo @2.1.93    6 years ago
'To me one of his only saving graces is I do believe deep down he does want to do good for America.'
This is where we part company.  He's only doing what is best for the richest of the rich

Yes I agree president trump sure seems to be favoring the wealthy, but he probably believes that is how to make America better. Right or wrong, it is he who holds the gold that does make the rules.  So the wealthy do kinda run America.  Flawed logic, perhaps, nefarious, certainly questionable to me at this point. It still fits with what I believe trump's Ultimate Goal is,  To be the best president america has ever had.....LOL 

There ya go.. This mans goal is totally selfishly driven.  His ulterior motive is to be the best.

Whatta bet he fails ?

LOL 

The really confusing part to me is . I stopped underestimating this man long ago.

So I'm left with not liking him, fearing what he is and is doing to the country and still not underestimating both the good and bad he is and will do.

Gosh it would be so much easier to either hate or love.

Realistically, I'm some where in the middle, leaning heavily against the love.

Yep company parted, I agree. 

To each their own thankfully we are all not alike 

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
2.1.95  Don Overton  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.4    6 years ago
texas-conservatives.jpg

Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו
Junior Participates
2.1.96  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.10    6 years ago
Or is TDS so strong it defies all logic?

You tell us.  

lib50
Professor Silent
2.1.97  lib50  replied to    6 years ago
..because this was an individual - see how that works?

so is the guy in the Trump/gop ad that made one criminal into all all immigrants.  Or like when Trump call then rapists and gang thugs and drug dealers.  Do you think Trump and gop adhere to different standards?  Explain.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.98  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @2.1.96    6 years ago

Don't really need to.

Some posts and seeds speak for themselves.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.99  Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.31    6 years ago
Bottom line, Trump inherited almost half a billion dollars from his parents, and according to the NYT, he committed fraud in the inheritance-process by failing to give the …

Correct...that has now been verified to be true.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.1.100  MrFrost  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1.18    6 years ago
A person has to be tried and convicted in order to be labeled a criminal. Wouldn't you agree?

1) He has been sued ~3,000 times for fraud... Are you seriously suggesting that out of ALL of those times, he was never once guilty? You're kidding, right?

2) He settled out of court for 25 MILLION dollars in the trump u case. If he wasn't guilty, why settle? I mean, he said himself that he never settles out of court if he knows he is innocent. 

Keep spinning though! 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.1.101  MrFrost  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.48    6 years ago
People are responsible for their OWN actions.

Interesting. So lets say a 25 year old guy is coming home from work and....he has a flat tire, over corrects, flips his car, breaks his back, can't work anymore. No ones fault, just an accident....and you are saying he should just go die and should receive NO help from his fellow American's? 

I mean, we are certainly expected to, "band together" to help people in Florida after they have had their house destroyed by a hurricane for the 5th time, but yo want this, "every man for himself" attitude? 

Fine. 

Tell ya what... Call your congressman and tell them, "I no longer want to help anyone that is in need of help". Good luck. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.102  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @2.1.101    6 years ago

I have absolutely no clue as to how you missed the point by so much.

Please learn the difference between criminal activity and accidents.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.3  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @2    6 years ago

There you go again, John....attempting to tie Trump to these sad and hateful events. But you know it's not true. In fact, just about everything you say about Trump and his supporters is just made up fiction and wishful thinking. All the hate and resistance coming from the left makes it more likely that the GOP will prevail in the midterms. The voters have finally seen the left for the miserable wretches that they are.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.3.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @2.3    6 years ago

There is too much ignorance on Newstalkers. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.3.2  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @2.3.1    6 years ago

As we see displayed on a daily basis here on NT by some outspoken members.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.3.4  Krishna  replied to  Greg Jones @2.3    6 years ago
But you know it's not true

Where did you get your Psychic powers? (I would also like to have those, and to be able to read peoples' minds and know what they are really thinking!)

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.3.5  Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell @2.3.1    6 years ago
There is too much  ignorance on Newstalkers. 

True. But after all-- this is a Social Media site!

Every time I log on I expect a YUGE amount of stupidity. And I'm rarely disappointed. So it mostly doesn't bother me. 

Well-- sometimes there is an intelligent comment-- and that's when I shocked!

(For example your comment #2.3.1. Nice to hear a bit of sanity in the midst of all the nonsense from the "Chattering Classes")

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.3.6  Krishna  replied to  Greg Jones @2.3.2    6 years ago

As we see displayed on a daily basis here on NT by some outspoken members.

I assume by that comment you are referring to people who have different opinions than you do. And that only those that have the same views as you do you consider to be extremely wise!

Of course many of those on the "other side of the aisle" feel the same way you do-- equally intolerant of different opinions.

(Funny how that works, eh?)

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.3.7  Tessylo  replied to  Krishna @2.3.4    6 years ago
'Where did you get your Psychic powers?'

What a waste of powers.  If given a choice I'd choose invisibility

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.3.8  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tessylo @2.3.7    6 years ago

I would have settled for the numbers to the 1 billion dollar lottery last week.  I could have afforded people to keep me invisible.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.3.9  Tessylo  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.3.8    6 years ago

See with my invisibility - I'd steal the money - from drug lords and the mafia of course and white collar criminals like Rump and his administration - ill gotten gains!  

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.3.10  MrFrost  replied to  Greg Jones @2.3    6 years ago
But you know it's not true.

And you know it is. 

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
2.4  Rmando  replied to  JohnRussell @2    6 years ago

"I am hoping the connection of the two instances of violence (or attempted violence) over the past few days will open the eyes of some Trump supporters who perhaps voted for him and the GOP in '16 halfheartedly."

Right...... Because voting for the party of Keith Ellison, Eric Holder, Maxine Waters and Hillary Clinton is so much better. Nothing beats saying you're anti violence like voting for the guy with domestic abuse allegations against him or calls to kick others or harrass others in public.

Junior Participates
2.4.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Rmando @2.4    6 years ago
Because voting for the party of Keith Ellison, Eric Holder, Maxine Waters and Hillary Clinton is so much better.

Now you got it!  By light years better. 

Junior Participates
2.5  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  JohnRussell @2    6 years ago

I'm so enjoying all the rightwingers above demanding to see the convictions.  This was exactly what they were demanding from Mueller a year ago and, boy howdy, did they get what they asked for.  As I always counsel these impatient ones--just give the legal system time and you'll get your wish. 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
2.5.1  arkpdx  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @2.5    6 years ago
did they get what they asked for.

And just how many of the"convictions" that Mueller got were directly related toTrump and/or Russian collusion and interference in the election?

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
2.5.2  Skrekk  replied to  arkpdx @2.5.1    6 years ago

Sounds like you haven't paid any attention at all since some of the indictments include crimes committed by specific Russians and Russian organizations and include election-related crimes like hacking DNC servers (which Trump publicly asked them to do).     Mueller’s team has indicted or gotten guilty pleas from 32 people and 3 Russian companies that the public knows of, including Trump's campaign manager and 3 former Trump advisers, 26 Russian agents, some dude in California, and a London-based lawyer.   6 of those (including all 4 former Trump aides) have already pleaded guilty.    In addition many other key persons like Trump's CFO have agreed to cooperate with Mueller and testify for the prosecution.

You live in a Faux News bubble I presume?    Too lazy to turn the channel to get some real news and learn something? 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
2.5.3  arkpdx  replied to  Skrekk @2.5.2    6 years ago

And which of the people with the campaign were indicted or convicted of dealing between the Trump campaign and the Russians? What direct connection did the Russians and the Russian companies and Trump? 

Oh and I do not watch FOX news. Maybe you should get yours from somewhere other than the DNC and Rachel Maddow

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
2.5.4  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Skrekk @2.5.2    6 years ago

Shrekk, there are plenty of members here who just aren’t going to accept anything less than Donald Trump’s actual DNA found on anything related to anything.  However, at that point DNA technology will become fake news.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
2.5.5  Skrekk  replied to  arkpdx @2.5.3    6 years ago
And which of the people with the campaign were indicted or convicted of dealing between the Trump campaign and the Russians? What direct connection did the Russians and the Russian companies and Trump? 

I like how you keep shifting the goal posts and make them far narrower than what Mueller's mandate actually is.     So far the score shows that most of the key people in Trump's campaign were profoundly corrupt and will soon be in prison if they aren't already (including his campaign manager who had direct ties to Russian oligarchs and owed huge debts to them), that the Trump campaign did indeed try to collaborate with Russian agents to influence the election, and that the Trump campaign repeatedly lied about their illegal efforts to get help from a hostile foreign power.

It's also revealed the depth of Russian efforts to manipulate the election to get Trump and other nutty Republicans elected, and it's done so despite the ongoing efforts of Trump, McConnell, Nunes and the GOP to thwart the investigation through obstruction of justice and other means (including threats against Obama from McConnell before the election).    It's even shown direct collaboration between Russian agents, Republican operatives and Republican candidates in Florida.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
2.5.6  arkpdx  replied to  Skrekk @2.5.5    6 years ago

the goalposts are just where they started out .They haven't moved an inch. Now you may not like my question but that is something different. 

Junior Participates
2.5.7  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  arkpdx @2.5.1    6 years ago
And just how many of the"convictions" that Mueller got were directly related toTrump and/or Russian collusion and interference in the election?

Without even having to look anything up, here are the big three right out of the Scumbag campaign at the highest levels:

Flynn

Gates (was also in the tansition/inauguration (where $100M seems to have disappeared) 

Manafort

Junior Participates
2.5.8  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  arkpdx @2.5.3    6 years ago
Oh and I do not watch FOX news.

So, the ones of the online pukefunnel that are even worse, then. 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
2.5.9  arkpdx  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @2.5.7    6 years ago

And the charges and/or convictions on them were for things that took place outside of their duties with the campaign andwere even before there was a campaign. 

Junior Participates
2.5.10  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  arkpdx @2.5.9    6 years ago
And the charges and/or convictions on them were for things that took place outside of their duties with the campaign andwere even before there was a campaign. 

Not so and false, in that order.  But keep praying for a miracle. You'll need it. 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
2.5.11  arkpdx  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @2.5.10    6 years ago

Because you say so? Pfft! 

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.6  Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell @2    6 years ago
I am hoping the connection of the two instances of violence (or attempted violence) over the past few days will open the eyes of some Trump supporters who perhaps voted for him and the GOP in '16 halfheartedly. 

Probably some-- many blue collar workers-- lifelong Democrats and even lifelong union familes-- voted for Trump because their factories were closing and they thought it might pay to try something different-- so they voted for Trump. (Of course not surprisingly Trump blamed the closings on the Democrats when in reality the problem was caused by "technological unemployment" (Machines replacing workers).

My guess is that many of these will return to the Democratic Party-- especially as the China tariffs start to have an effect. (Well, some Republicans may change over to the Democrats-- especially many Suburban well-educated white women who were traditionally republican but who are appalled by Trumps "unusually cruel and unusual punishment" of toddlers by forceably separating them from their parents and putting them in cages where no human physical contact is permitted. 

And of course many of these intelligent college educated formerly republican women are intelligent enough to realize that all of trump's hate mongering-- and especially his numerous calls to violence -- leads to acts of violence such as perpetrated by the MAGA terrorist in Pittsburg-- or the MAGA Bomber).

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.6.1  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @2.6    6 years ago
trump's hate mongering-- and especially his numerous calls to violence

See, for example: 

The Use Of Violence As A Political Weapon - What Trump Actually Said

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
2.6.2  Skrekk  replied to  Krishna @2.6    6 years ago

It doesn't seem to be impacting Trump voters much at all, but it sure is motivating everyone else!    I've only heard of a few cases where Republicans are reconsidering their support for our Fuhrer:

Image-1.png?1540836094

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3  Jasper2529    6 years ago
Like  Cesar Sayoc , the Florida Trump fan arrested Friday for allegedly mailing a dozen pipe bombs to Trump critics, Bowers used his account to threaten violence. 

Unlike Cesar Sayoc, Robert Bowers hated Trump, Trump supporters, Israel, and Jews.

In other posts, Bowers made his hatred of Trump clear. “Trump is a globalist, not a nationalist,”  he wrote two days ago . “There is no #MAGA as long as there is a kike infestation.” At another point, Bowers reposted a message that suggested Trump was under the control of Jews, who are out to destroy Western civilization.

Next.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Jasper2529 @3    6 years ago

He only "hates" Trump because Trump hasn't succeeded in eliminating non whites from America.  You can deny reality all you want, it is well known that the "you will not replace us" crowd is a noticeable element of Trump support. We are seeing that viewpoint acted on, in reality, not his blowhard speeches and rallies. 

Donald Trump played with fire with all his talk of beating people up and body slamming them because they are his "enemies". 

Now we see people, who see such expressions as a go ahead for violence, coming into the open. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    6 years ago

Is this your latest conspriacy theory?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1.1    6 years ago

If you don't have anything intelligent to say it is generally better to say nothing. This advice applies to every one, not necessarily a particular individual. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.1.3  Jasper2529  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    6 years ago
He only "hates" Trump because Trump hasn't succeeded in eliminating non whites from America.

Mea culpa, John. I didn't know that you personally interviewed Robert Bowers and learned this tidbit from him. Please post the transcript or video of your interview, because I'd like to see it.  

Donald Trump played with fire with all his talk of beating people up and body slamming them because they are his "enemies". 

Oh?

"After we win this election, it’s our turn. Payback time. Everyone not with us is against us and they better be ready because we don’t forget. The ones who helped us will be rewarded, the ones who opposed us will get what they deserve. There is going to be hell to pay. Congress won’t be a problem for us this time. No election to worry about after this is over and we have two judges ready to go."  Valerie Jarrett, President Obama's Senior Advisor

"I want you to argue with them [Republicans and Independents] and get in their face."  President Barack Obama

"When they bring a knife, we bring a gun."  President Barack Obama 

And that's not a full list. Remember Joe Biden's threats of violence, too.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.4  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Jasper2529 @3.1.3    6 years ago
"When they bring a knife, we bring a gun."  President Barack Obama 

This is the kind of stupid thing right wingers regularly say. Obama was partaking in political metaphor. He didnt literally mean Republicans had used real knives against Democrats therefore Democrats would be justified in using real guns. It was metaphor. 

On the other hand, when Trump said that someone who body slammed a reporter was "my kind of guy" , he was talking about something that had literally happened , in reality, and Trump went through the motion of pretending to physically body slam someone. No metaphor. 

You need better arguments. All Trumpsters do. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.1.8  Jasper2529  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.4    6 years ago

I asked you to post your interview with Bowers. It shouldn't take you long to find it and post a link.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.1.9  Jasper2529  replied to  XDm9mm @3.1.5    6 years ago
What's REALLY disturbing is that they don't even recognize the utter hypocrisy of their own positions and statements.

GM, XD.

Since it happens on a daily basis, I generally ignore when it happens. Those who do it think they've earned a gold star, and I like to make them happy. jrSmiley_7_smiley_image.png  

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.1.10  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    6 years ago
Trump hasn't succeeded in eliminating non whites from America

Or even so much as made an attempt in that direction.

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
3.1.11  cobaltblue  replied to  Jasper2529 @3.1.3    6 years ago
I didn't know that you personally interviewed Robert Bowers and learned this tidbit from him. Please post the transcript or video of your interview, because I'd like to see it.  

Oh please, jasper. You're not starting this nonsense again. What? It's not Pizzagate? Someone once seeded an article about Pizzagate like it was gospel. Could you imagine the brouhaha if someone said what you've said here? I think you were once friends with that person. If memory serves me, you commented on it. In a favorable way, in fact.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
3.1.12  arkpdx  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.2    6 years ago
If you don't have anything intelligent to say it is generally better to say nothing

Do you think it is possible that someday you may take your own advice? 

pat wilson
Professor Participates
3.1.13  pat wilson  replied to  Tacos! @3.1.10    6 years ago
Or even so much as made an attempt in that direction.

Except when he discriminated against non-whites renting apartments in his properties, and there's the Muslim ban. And the Mexicans, hell, he campaigned on the WALL to keep out the Mexican criminals, drug dealers and rapists the Mexico sends us.

These are just some of his " attempts in that direction."

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.14  Texan1211  replied to  pat wilson @3.1.13    6 years ago

There is no Muslim ban.

Some of the people that come here from or through Mexico are indeed criminals, or do you think every alien is innocent of any wrongdoing?

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
3.1.15  arkpdx  replied to  pat wilson @3.1.13    6 years ago
there's the Muslim ban.

There is not now nor has there ever been a Muslim  ban. 

keep out the Mexican criminals

Just keeping those out that do not think they need to honor and follow our laws. Let see?  What is it that you call people that do not follow the law?  Oh yeah!  They are called criminals

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
3.1.16  cobaltblue  replied to  arkpdx @3.1.12    6 years ago
Do you think it is possible that someday you may take your own advice? 

Oh please. You're constantly on articles that you could easily scroll past, arkie. But keep talking ... you're the left's biggest booster. Remember ... one needn't be a member to read comments. Anyone on the fence would look at those who make sense and those that don't. Funny how you keep appearing where your personal opinion is vastly different than those of the seeder or author, yet you can't keep out of it. Does that make sense to you? It never ceases to amaze the number of people that don't realize they have a scroll function on their mouses. 

Please keep talkin' arkie ... it's close to midterms and people want to see the difference between the left and the right. You're our biggest weapon to win the midterms!

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
3.1.17  arkpdx  replied to  cobaltblue @3.1.16    6 years ago

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.18  Texan1211  replied to  arkpdx @3.1.17    6 years ago

Remember when people last saw the difference between the left and the right and the right won majorities in the House, Senate, won the WH, hold the majority of state legislatures and governor's chairs?

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
3.1.19  arkpdx  replied to  arkpdx @3.1.17    6 years ago

removed for context

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.1.20  MrFrost  replied to  arkpdx @3.1.15    6 years ago

Trump said several times it was a Muslim ban. And he wouldn't lie..would he?

😂

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
3.1.21  arkpdx  replied to  MrFrost @3.1.20    6 years ago

then you should not have any trouble linking to one or three would you? 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.1.22  MrFrost  replied to  arkpdx @3.1.21    6 years ago

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.1.23  MrFrost  replied to  arkpdx @3.1.21    6 years ago

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.24  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @3.1.20    6 years ago

Please, point out where and in what document it BANS MUSLIMS.

You wouldn't be wrong about that, would you?

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1.26  Krishna  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.14    6 years ago
There is no Muslim ban.

Actually there is. Some argue that was not his intent (to ban Muslims). But that's false-- the proof of intent is present in his Tweets.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.27  Texan1211  replied to  Krishna @3.1.26    6 years ago

Please show me something--Anything--that BANS Muslims.

Anything at ALL in the executive order.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.1.28  Skrekk  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.27    6 years ago
Anything at ALL in the executive order.

Which version?   The most recent one or the previous several which the federal courts found were unconstitutional because they were motivated due to religious animus?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.29  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @3.1.28    6 years ago

Any of them.

Show me the words banning MUSLIMS, as has been claimed by many on the left.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.1.30  Skrekk  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.29    6 years ago

Feel free to read the court rulings which struck down the first several variants - the courts found Trump's self-admitted Muslim ban to be clearly unconstitutional.    That's why his regime kept going back to the drawing board.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.31  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @3.1.30    6 years ago

Feel free to continue to deflect.

The question IS:

Show me where in ANY EO from Trump where it bans Muslims.

Now. we BOTH know you can't, so you have nothing ELSE except deflection!

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.1.32  Skrekk  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.31    6 years ago
Show me where in ANY EO from Trump where it bans Muslims.

It would be obviously unconstitutional for an EO to do that, so that's why the courts had to examine the stated intent, scope and rationality of the bans to determine if they were motivated by anti-Muslim animus.....and that's exactly what the courts repeatedly found in the first several versions of Trump's Muslim ban.

However I'm not surprised that you haven't actually read those court rulings to learn why the previous versions were struck down.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.33  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @3.1.32    6 years ago

However, I am not surprised when you deflect and can't answer the question as asked.

I knew you couldn't and wouldn't even try!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.34  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @3.1.32    6 years ago
It would be obviously unconstitutional for an EO to do that...."

Which is exactly why I am always amused when someone claims that the EO did that when you freely admitted they did not.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.1.35  Skrekk  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.34    6 years ago
Which is exactly why I am always amused when someone claims that the EO did that when you freely admitted they did not.

Except our federal courts repeatedly proved your claim to be false - it was intended as a Muslim ban and thus clearly unconstitutional.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.36  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @3.1.35    6 years ago
Later, other orders (Executive Order 13780 and Presidential Proclamation 9645) were signed by Trump and superseded order 13769. On June 26, 2018, the U.S. Supreme Court upheld the third executive order (Presidential Proclamation 9645) and its accompanying travel ban in a 5-4 decision, with the majority opinion being written by Chief Justice John Roberts.[4]

Now, once AGAIN, please provide your proof that it was a Muslim ban. Just point out the word Muslim anywhere in there.

Whoopsie!

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.1.37  Skrekk  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.36    6 years ago

So, SCOTUS let the 3rd version slip through?   What happened to the several previous versions - including the ones which were rejected before they were officially issued?   Why did they all get blocked by the courts?

Is the Trump regime so incompetent that they can't write a constitutional Muslim ban without help from the courts?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.38  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @3.1.37    6 years ago

Well, since there is NO Muslim ban...……..

Point out the differences between any of the EOs. Did one say "Ban Muslims"?

Most folks can read the orders and conclude that there isn't one thing in them about Muslims.

What the FUCK kind of Muslim ban would EXCLUDE over 90% of the world's Muslims??

That can not make sense to liberals and progressives, can it?

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
3.1.39  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.38    6 years ago

What the FUCK kind of Muslim ban would EXCLUDE over 90% of the world's Muslims??

That can not make sense to liberals and progressives, can it?

yes,,, jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.40  JBB  replied to  Skrekk @3.1.37    6 years ago

Regarding your last query, apparently so...

Frankly, I don't see reason to engage Tex...

There is a word for what he's doin to you...

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.1.41  Skrekk  replied to  JBB @3.1.40    6 years ago
Frankly, I don't see reason to engage Tex...

I agree 100%.   That's usually why I don't bother responding to him.

[deleted]   Funny too that he's far too lazy to actually read the court rulings to learn why those EOs were unconstitutional.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.42  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @3.1.41    6 years ago

You know what is just fucking HILARIOUS?

The mere fact you think anyone alive has a Fuhrer!

Are you just pining for the old Nazi days or something?

I asked you for something specific, and you have deflected ever since.

I've got a word for that!

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.1.43  Skrekk  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.42    6 years ago

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.44  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @3.1.43    6 years ago

Pretty broad SWEEPING GENERALIZATION there.

Say, aren't YOU the one who said you don't bother to respond to me?

Will that start anytime soon?

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.45  JBB  replied to  Skrekk @3.1.41    6 years ago

You handled it all admirably and made it look like childsplay.

All that he desires is an opportunity to flag your comments...

You can always tell a Texan. You just can't tell a Texan much.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.46  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @3.1.45    6 years ago

Perhaps you can help your friend out.

He claims there is or was a Muslim ban, but seems unable to point out WHERE this alleged Muslim ban is written. Maybe you can point it out to both him and me.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.1.47  Skrekk  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.46    6 years ago

[deleted.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.48  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.46    6 years ago

Trump tried and failed to institute a Muslim ban. He says so...

The courts would not let him butt it was not for lack of trying.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.49  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @3.1.47    6 years ago

I have VERY patiently explained to you numerous times that I do not have a Fuhrer, have never had one, and will never have one.

Is there some part of that statement that is not crystal clear to you by now?

And why are you still responding to me/

Tell you what--you want to respond to me some more---why not just answer what I asked you to start with?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.50  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @3.1.48    6 years ago

You might want to let your buddy know that he is wrong when he insists that there is a Muslim ban, then.

Can YOU point out ANYWHERE in ANY executive order that Muslims were banned, as has been erroneously claimed multiple times now?

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.1.51  Skrekk  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.50    6 years ago

Sounds like you're coming a bit unhinged.    Why did your Fuhrer call it a Muslim ban if it wasn't actually a Muslim ban?    Was he just pandering to his Islamophobic base or to the entire GOP?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.52  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @3.1.51    6 years ago

I am not unhinged at all.

I am also not the person with a Fuhrer, so I really don't get WHY you keep claiming that anyone in America HAS a Fuhrer.

Please explain yourself.

Last time I checked, we have a President here. You might recall an election on November of 2016? Ring any bells? I think lots of Democrats cried like babies that night. And then shortly thereafter, you might remember some folks holding a Scream at the Sky Day?

Why again do you choose to live under a Fuhrer (your words)??

And thank you for proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that you simply can not show me where in the EO's where it bans Muslims---as I knew would happen!

Junior Participates
3.1.53  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.52    6 years ago
I am also not the person with a Fuhrer,

OK..... Scumbag.  Feel better now?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.54  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @3.1.53    6 years ago

I felt fine before.

I can't possibly believe you are in the least concerned about how I feel, so why fake it?

Do YOU have a Fuhrer?

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
3.2  Studiusbagus  replied to  Jasper2529 @3    6 years ago

Unfortunately, one thing is a common thread..

All these..Bowers, Proud boys, Charlottesville, and the bomber all directly link to the right.

Funny that here on NT we actually had members try to distance themselves using "he hated Trump" or even funnier trying to bring his Philipino family heritage in to this to disassociate him. 

Now, who would use someone's ethnic background for that? (Pssst, the same right winger here that has no hesitation using the term "bitch" for females he doesn't like.)

All with direct links back to the right.

Kind of puts an uncomfortable twist on "paling around with terrorists", no?

"Next?"

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Studiusbagus @3.2    6 years ago

It isnt really possible to defend Trump. Trump is kind of a perp in plain sight. 

But because they like the "results" of his regime, they are more or less forced to defend him personally as well. 

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
3.2.3  Studiusbagus  replied to    6 years ago

The links are there. Whether you like it or not.

Flag it....

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
3.2.4  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.2    6 years ago

Just wait till Trump takes away their access to healthcare.  They are the only ones who deserve such a fate.

Sophomore Guide
3.2.6  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to    6 years ago
What's really, really, really fuckin whacko is how the news manages to list the party affiliation of these nuts at the top of the list of the individual's characteristics.

Not at all. It's good business. The media has devided us up for profit, they mostly play to their ideological base. Just like our politicians do. Divide americans  up for power and profit. What a country.  We the people got screwed !!!

It's OK just keep voting straight party line, that should change things....LOL 

Insanity defined !!!

Sophomore Guide
3.2.8  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to    6 years ago
Clickbait - like the Weather Channel in a hurricane.

Yep and it's their bread and butter. Putting steak on the table for years now. 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3.2.9  sandy-2021492  replied to    6 years ago
What's really, really, really fuckin whacko is how the news manages to list the party affiliation of these nuts at the top of the list of the individual's characteristics. Republican, Loner, Divorced, 20 year arrest record, Ex-con, on Parole, who just happens to like torturing cats.

I can see where that would be frustrating for those who insist that acts of terror committed by those on the right are false flag operations to have that conspiracy theory negated so quickly.  But I wouldn't call it whacko to report the political affiliations of those committing politically-motivated crimes.  I'd call it journalism.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
3.2.11  arkpdx  replied to  sandy-2021492 @3.2.9    6 years ago

The only ones that are identified by their party affiliation, at least first thing in the article, are Republicans  If the peep is a democrat they either forget to mention party affiliation at all or it is buried at the end. 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3.2.12  sandy-2021492  replied to  arkpdx @3.2.11    6 years ago

Of course.  That's why Republicans have harped for so long on the shooting of Steve Scalise by a liberal.  Because nobody knew that the shooter was a liberal, and liberals were screaming "false flag!" /s 

Junior Participates
3.3  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Jasper2529 @3    6 years ago
Unlike Cesar Sayoc, Robert Bowers hated Trump, Trump supporters, Israel, and Jews.

Well, that's bullshit.  All he's said is that there'll be no MAGA until all the "kikes" are dead.  The meanest thing he said about Scumbag was that he's a "globalist."  

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.3.1  Jasper2529  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @3.3    6 years ago
Well, that's bullshit.  All he's said is that there'll be no MAGA until all the "kikes" are dead. 

Really? So left-wing Slate is lying? Here ... try left-wing Daily Beast on for size ...

The man accused of  murdering at least 11 people  at a Pittsburgh synagogue Saturday morning was a neo-Nazi who posted online about killing Jews— and raged at Donald Trump for being insufficiently anti-Semitic.

Still not good enough? Check out left-wing Huff Po ...

But archives of his activity on the platform showed that he was an anti-Semite who was critical of President Trump for not being a true “nationalist,”

One more left-wing site - Heavy ...

In the case of Robert Bowers, though, his writings on social media indicate he wrote that he did not vote for Trump and held some animosity toward the president because he saw him as a “globalist” who was not doing enough against Jewish people.

Note: I verified that all 3 of the above sources are left-wing by using NT's gold standard, MB/FC.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.3.2  Skrekk  replied to  Jasper2529 @3.3.1    6 years ago

All you said there is that Bowers shares Trump's vile agenda but wants him to do more.

The far more relevant thing is that Bowers reacted to Trump's repeated dog whistles and demonization of refugees by killing Jews who supported those refugees.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.3.3  JBB  replied to  Skrekk @3.3.2    6 years ago

The MAGA Bomber and The Synagogue Shooter both emerged from the same far right wing swamp. Hate of whomever the damn gop deems to be others is the common denominator. Hate crimes are way way way up across the board. Brown skinned people are twice as likely to be violently assaulted today than they were before Trump became President of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICS! All Black, Hispanic, Asian, Gay, Muslim and Jewish Americans are at significantly greater risk to the loss of their property, freedoms and very lives directly because of the rise of Trumpism. Any political movement is off the track when they become an ism...

Wake Up People! This is not the America we want. Vote like yours and everybody you love's lives depends upon it because they do this time. Peace to all good people and damn the gop on Tuesday November 6th...

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.3.4  Sparty On  replied to  JBB @3.3.3    6 years ago
Peace to all good people and damn the gop on Tuesday November 6th...

This sentence is very instructive to the mindset of the fringe left.   Peace to everyone who agrees with us.   Screw everyone else.

Just one more reason you will continue to lose ground, including this November 6th.   One wonders if you will survive another disappoint like November 2016.   I guess we will see.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.3.5  JBB  replied to  Sparty On @3.3.4    6 years ago

You logic evades comprehension. Butt, that is nothing new round here...

cjfrommn
Professor Silent
3.3.6  cjfrommn  replied to  Sparty On @3.3.4    6 years ago

to normal people this comment makes sense.

because your comment suggest that for folks like you, you dont seem to understand that NOV 6th is really not about democrats vs republicans. 

It is simply about having regular normal people effect change that stupid people have put in place. We under estimated how many mentally lacking people there are in this country. And to be honest it is embarrassing to me to know i am surrounded by so many and this is why the world laughs at us now. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.3.7  Sparty On  replied to  JBB @3.3.5    6 years ago

Lol, the usual  thinly veiled insult ..... how predictable.

That said and again, you'll see the logic the morning of November 7th.    Or not.    Since you apparently still haven't learned anything from 2016.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.3.8  Sparty On  replied to  cjfrommn @3.3.6    6 years ago

Your post is wrong on so many levels it makes no sense to even respond to it really.

I just sincerely hope you have a good personal mental health network to lean on.   I think you might be needing it in about a week.

Junior Participates
3.3.9  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Jasper2529 @3.3.1    6 years ago
So left-wing Slate is lying? Here ... try left-wing Daily Beast on for size .

Funny that any publication in the center or a bit right of that has become "left."  That's how extreme  Republicans have become.   But even funnier is that you think being "insufficiently anti-semitic" or that he wasn't enough of a nationalist* (Trump repeatedly calls himself one--what do you think?) gets Trump off the hook.  I believe this is what's called "damning with faint praise." 

* I note that Republicans have now embraced that term which just underscores its headlong rush to the extreme right.  Extreme nationalism was our enemy in WWII and now it's the 5th column right here at home.  

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.3.10  Krishna  replied to  Skrekk @3.3.2    6 years ago
All you said there is that Bowers shares Trump's vile agenda but wants him to do more. The far more relevant thing is that Bowers reacted to Trump's repeated dog whistles and demonization of refugees by killing Jews who supported those refugees.

Also relevant-- what David Duke said about the election of Trump.

(I just realized many here might have never heard of Duke-- or if they did, don't know anything about his-- so here's a bit):

David Ernest Duke  (born July 1, 1950) is an American white supremacist, white nationalist politician, white separatist, antisemitic conspiracy theorist, Holocaust denier, convicted felon, and former Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan.

Duke speaks against what he alleges as Jewish control of the Federal Reserve Bank, the U.S. federal government, and the media. Duke supports the preservation of what he considers to be Western culture and traditionalist Christian family values, as well as abolition of the Internal Revenue Service, voluntary racial segregation, anti-communism, and white separatism. [5] [6] [7]

Duke has taken part in Iranian government sponsored events in Iran. In 2006, at the invitation of Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Duke took part in an event held in Tehran to question the Holocaust.

"The Zionists have used the Holocaust as a weapon to deny the rights of the Palestinians and cover up the crimes of Israel," Duke told a gathering of nearly 70 participants in Tehran at Ahmadinejad's invitation. "

His website has hosted articles by various authors claiming that Jewish loan-sharks own the Federal Reserve Bank, [154]  and that Jews own Hollywood and the U.S. media. [155]  Duke also opposes what he considers to be "promotion of homosexuality" by Jews.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.3.11  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @3.3.10    6 years ago
Also relevant-- what David Duke said about the election of Trump:

White supremacist leader David Duke has congratulated Donald Trump on his inauguration. “We did it!” he wrote on Twitter.

“Congratulation [sic] Donald J. Trump President of the United States of America!” he wrote. Duke, a former Imperial Wizard for the Ku Klux Klan, was very vocal in supporting Trump throughout his campaign.

In a series of tweets during the inauguration on Friday, Duke praised Trump for “declaring war” on the agenda of the “Jewish establishment” and said he would “return dignity to the white working class.” 

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.3.12  Skrekk  replied to  Krishna @3.3.10    6 years ago

I like how the future gov of Florida put it.....so recycling and modifying a bit:

"I don't know if Trump is a white nationalist, all I know is that white nationalists think Trump is a white nationalist."

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.3.13  Krishna  replied to  Skrekk @3.3.12    6 years ago
"I don't know if Trump is a white nationalist, all I know is that white nationalists think Trump is a white nationalist."
Excellent quote!
Actually I had heard it before-- but it reallt expresses an important point:
Trump may or may not believe much of what he says. My guess is that he's probably a bit racist-- but not overwhelmingly obsessed with it like , say, members of the KKK.
Rather-- all he really intensely cares about is his power, his money, and YUGE Ego.
Its even possible that if he was sure he could win more power, money, and praise by being the champion of various minority groups he now bashes-- he would do that!
In other words, he's probably not so much a political ideologues as he is a ruthless, unprincipled politician who will do or say anything-- as long as it would increase his power and wealth!

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.3.14  Skrekk  replied to  Krishna @3.3.13    6 years ago

We can be pretty sure he's a racist based on his personal history, but more importantly he's a sociopath who panders to racists and worse.    And he's got a real attraction to brutal despots.

I knew things were going to get really bad when he became prez, I just didn't know what it would look like.   Now we all know.   It's also disturbing to see that he and Pence do things like all the anti-LGBT stuff because it's fun to them and helps gin up their base.    They don't care that it hurts children and vulnerable people.     I never used to use the word evil to describe anyone but now I do.

He's sort of like a blend of Joe McCarthy and Father Coughlin from the early era of hate radio, but with a nasty form of dementia.

cjfrommn
Professor Silent
3.3.15  cjfrommn  replied to  Sparty On @3.3.8    6 years ago

you commented on JBB's comment and i stated that YOUR response is wack.  and that JBB's comment is fine because normal non trump lovers can understand it. 

So Jbb's reply to you was accurate.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.3.16  Sparty On  replied to  cjfrommn @3.3.15    6 years ago

Nah, both your comments show just how deranged some on the left have become.    Damning anyone in the GOP?     Unbelievable sweeping hatred typical of the radical left.    A tactic doomed to failure

That path will fail and I only hope that doesn’t cause those on the left to become even more deranged.    But i’m sure they will become more deranged next week and spiral even faster down the toilet of obscurity.

Get your support network spooled up.    You’re going to need it next week.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.3.17  JBB  replied to  Sparty On @3.3.16    6 years ago

It does not seem you are even trying to deny that white nationalist xenophobia is the core elements giving rise to Trumpism but rather instead that you are angry, frustrated and agitated that the vast majority of us now plainly reject such low mindedness. Hate, resentment and avarice are the exact opposites of the values which really make America great and I remain confident that the American People will make this abundantly clear to the damned gop next Tuesday. Damnef, you ask? Yes, damnef. Damned by providence and posterity for politically surrendering to the most low down no good awful bassackwards tribal impulses men are capable of. Damned for ushering in The Age of Trumpism. The ending of which all good and decent American long to see and it cannot come soon enough. The universe willing, the damned gop is entirely deserving of the voter disgust coming its way like an unstoppable freight train on Tuesday. So, prepare yourselves because this one is gonna stink. Sting with the revelation that everything evil the gop now plainly stands for is utterly rejected by the American People...

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.3.18  Sparty On  replied to  JBB @3.3.17    6 years ago
It does not seem you are even trying to deny that white nationalist xenophobia is the core elements giving rise to Trumpism but rather instead that you are angry, frustrated and agitated that the vast majority of us now plainly reject such low mindedness.

Nope, like usual you are spot off to anything but your own extremists underpinnings.   White Nationalist xenophobia?   Hilarious.   I'm not angry, i'm laughing my ass off at your overreaching nonsense.  

Your just mad because it's looking highly likely that you will not gain the traditional ground next week that the minority party historically gains in a mid-term election.   Historically!   So sad for you.

The platform you are spewing has been failing in liberal faces since 2016.   Your freight train is more like a faulty Matchbox Car.   The one that never ran straight or true right out of the box.

Will you ever learn?   Nope, much to your own detriment, it looks like you never will

cjfrommn
Professor Silent
3.3.19  cjfrommn  replied to  Sparty On @3.3.16    6 years ago

for some silly reason you seem to be reply as if the political results effect my life in such a way as if i cant function. 

i am just agreeing with those folks who have noticed that stupid people are being tricked by a person who has no ability to maintain himself with a sense of morality that serves more then himself. 

so next week will only confirm that there are a lot more dumb people or that normal citizens are tired of dealing with politicians that love dumb people. 

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.3.20  Skrekk  replied to  Sparty On @3.3.18    6 years ago
White Nationalist xenophobia?

Fortunately more and more Americans are rejecting such scum.   That's very bad news for the extra-white GOP.

I wonder at what point the GOP will realize that xenophobia and bigotry aren't winning strategies?    2020?   2050?   Will there even be anyone who votes for the GOP in 2050?

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.3.21  Krishna  replied to  Skrekk @3.3.14    6 years ago
It's also disturbing to see that he and Pence do things like all the anti-LGBT stuff because it's fun to them and helps gin up their base.    They don't care that it hurts children and vulnerable people.     I never used to use the word evil to describe anyone but now I do.

Jon Stuart had a very perceptive phrase to describe Trump-- he called Trump's attiiude a sort of "Gleeful Cruelty".

Junior Participates
3.3.22  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Jasper2529 @3.3.1    6 years ago
and raged at Donald Trump for being insufficiently anti-Semitic.

Try to find that actual quote from Bowers.  I've already posted the worst things Bowers has been documented to have written about Scumbag and it isn't even close to rage.  Mild disappointment at most--I guess for not literally calling for Jews to be murdered.   But let's see you try to find an actual quote from Bowers' that comes close to suggesting "hate" for Scumbag. 

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
3.3.23  Studiusbagus  replied to  Sparty On @3.3.4    6 years ago
Just one more reason you will continue to lose ground, including this November 6th.   One wonders if you will survive another disappoint like November 2016.   I guess we will see.

Yeah...we're really disappointed now....lol

Junior Participates
3.3.24  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Sparty On @3.3.7    6 years ago
Lol, the usual  thinly veiled insult ...

The fake-victim gambit....always a go-to attempt to deflect from the topic. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.3.25  Sparty On  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @3.3.24    6 years ago

Hmmmmmm going back three weeks?

Slow propaganda pushing day?

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
3.4  A. Macarthur  replied to  Jasper2529 @3    6 years ago

Bowers disillusionment  with Trump is based on his viewing Trump as a globalist rather than athe nationalist Trump calls himself; and here is Bowers’ connection back to Trump ... pay attention so that you don’t foist your fallacy again thinking you’ve made a case.

Bowers like Trump, hates Soros because Soros is, to both, a globalist and a Jew ... two strikes on the haters Trump and Bowers. And here is strike three on this pair of shit bags; Bowers went after the Jews at the synagogue because of his anger towards Jewish organizations that helped immigrants trying to flee from drug cartels and human traffickers ... like THE CARAVAN that Trump, Fox and haters in Trump’s base denigrate endlessly.

Get the facts before posting half truths and lies ... and then tell the full story.

Eleven innocent human beings were killed NRA style and we have people who want to split hairs and call every fact that doesn’t suit their disgusting  agenda, “fake news.”

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.4.1  Sparty On  replied to  A. Macarthur @3.4    6 years ago
were killed NRA style

Your hyperbole is getting ..... well ..... very hyperbolic there Mac.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.4.2  JBB  replied to  A. Macarthur @3.4    6 years ago

Bower's beliefs are Trump's beliefs just more extreme. Krazy Trumpism...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.4.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  A. Macarthur @3.4    6 years ago
Eleven innocent human beings were killed NRA style and we have people who want to split hairs and call every fact that doesn’t suit their disgusting  agenda, “fake news.”

It is disgusting, isn't it?

Junior Participates
3.5  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Jasper2529 @3    6 years ago
Robert Bowers hated Trump

That is a lie.  

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.5.1  Jasper2529  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @3.5    6 years ago

3.5     Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו     replied to    Jasper2529   @ 3       15 hours ago

Robert Bowers hated Trump
That is a lie.  

Atheist, by now you should know better than to accuse me of lying. I've chosen 2 left wing sources for your reading pleasure:

Have a good weekend.

Junior Participates
3.5.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Jasper2529 @3.5.1    6 years ago

Maybe you should try to look for the worst anti-Trump quote you can find instead of just a headline that says he said something.  

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.5.3  Skrekk  replied to  Jasper2529 @3.5.1    6 years ago

Based on those links it sounds like Bowers fully agrees with Trump's vile agenda but he wants him to be even more antisemitic than merely vilifying Jews like Soros and retweeting antisemitic and neo-Nazi memes.

The far more relevant thing is that Bowers reacted to Trump's repeated dog whistles and demonization of refugees by killing Jews who supported those refugees.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.5.4  Jasper2529  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @3.5.2    6 years ago
Maybe you should try to look for the worst anti-Trump quote you can find instead of just a headline that says he said something.

Your comment indicates that you didn't read the articles I posted in comment 3.5.1 and only read the headlines. Whatever. 

Junior Participates
3.5.5  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Jasper2529 @3.5.4    6 years ago
Your comment indicates that you didn't read the articles I posted in comment 3.5.1 and only read the headlines . Whatever. 

Except it's exactly the opposite of that........but, yeah.....whatever. jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Nice try........jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

JBB
Professor Principal
5  JBB    6 years ago

American Jewish leaders including Senators Diane Feinstein, Chuck Schumer and Bernie Sanders along with philanthropists like George Soros and former NY Mayor Michael Bloomberg are constantly and consistantly demonized and dehumanized right here on NT. In fact, the vast majority of Jewish American who will vote Democratic on November 6th have been BRANDED AS ANTISEMITES by one favored and prolific "contributor". Oddly, the dehumization of American Jews, the vast majority of whom just so happen to be Democratic voterd, has been perpetuated by one supposed Jew, though I do have real doubts about that. It seems to me to be instead rank foreign propaganda specially crafted by our foreign enemies to divide Americans ultimately reducing most American Jews and especially our American Jewish political leadership to being subhuman thus ineligible for basic decency. It all happen right out in the open for all to see under the false grace of supposedly being pro-Israel. Though i doubt that, too. WAKE UP PEOPLE! 

Krishna
Professor Expert
6  Krishna    6 years ago

Interestingly, David Duke made some unusually astute comments on this very topic:

"Why we voted for Donald Trump" : David Duke explains the white supremacist Charlottesville protests

JBB
Professor Principal
6.1  JBB  replied to  Krishna @6    6 years ago

What do you think would, or rather should, be the consequences for demonizing and dehumanizing the Likud Party, their elected political leaders and Prime Minister Netanyahu? I believe, on this site, that would be and also should be met with almost universal derision and probably swift sanctions. On the other hand, any American Jewish politica leaders or popular entertainment figures who ever dare to not toe the extremist stance much less dain to ever criticise Israel are routinely vilified, demonized and dehumanized by questionable butt prolific public figures on American social media.

Calling any person antisemitic is a damn serious thing butt I guess it is just fine and dandy around for the pet crank to routinely dehumanize, degrade and slander Jewish US Senators Bernie Sanders, Diane Feinstein and Chuck Schumer by regularly, publically and vociferously vilifying them all specifically for their Jewishness. I don't get it. Is it all just because John Bolton and the Mellons say so? I don't think so. I think anyone who dares to protest this conundrujm has a target on their heart. Someday it will be revealed just very much dangerous divisive and ultimately violent anti-American foreign propaganda is being spread onto American social media by both unwitting fools and enemy agents right now. Today! It has gone on for a long time now but people are catching on. In any case, I have had it with saying nothing so let the whine heard round the world begin again now...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Release The Kraken @6.1.1    6 years ago

maxresdefault.jpg

JBB
Professor Principal
6.1.4  JBB  replied to  Release The Kraken @6.1.1    6 years ago

What a silly comparison. Plainly you don't understand...

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
6.1.5  A. Macarthur  replied to  Release The Kraken @6.1.1    6 years ago

We’re discussing murderers ... 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.1.6  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Release The Kraken @6.1.1    6 years ago

LOL. No, BF, they won't. In fact I get the feeling that they won't because they're "respected" by so many voters.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
6.1.7  Skrekk  replied to  Release The Kraken @6.1.1    6 years ago
I'm waiting for your party to disavow Farrakhan and Linda Sarsour, two of America's most well known hate mongers.

Ummmm......Farrakhan is an antisemitic and homophobic right winger who has openly praised Trump and said that Trump was appointed by "god."     He's not a Dem.    Not sure what your comment has to do with the topic anyway, other than confirming that antisemitism is still rampant amongst conservatives.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
6.1.8  A. Macarthur  replied to  Release The Kraken @6.1.3    6 years ago

Do you know the actual story behind the photo … I don't think so. And, if you (correctly) see Farrakhan for the hateful piece-of-incendiary shit he is, then, in trying to equivocate the Trump-precipitated horrors we're experiencing, you are being hypocritical.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
6.1.10  A. Macarthur  replied to  Release The Kraken @6.1.9    6 years ago

How about posting the full story instead of the part the suits an agenda?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6.1.12  MrFrost  replied to  Release The Kraken @6.1.11    6 years ago

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.1.13  Tacos!  replied to  A. Macarthur @6.1.8    6 years ago
Do you know the actual story behind the photo … I don't think so.

Are you going to tell us? Because your link doesn't tell much of a story. All it says is that it was some event involving the Congressional Black Caucus. Is that supposed to make to it all better?

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
6.1.14  A. Macarthur  replied to  Tacos! @6.1.13    6 years ago

“Typically guests at the CBC meeting are cleared by the caucus chair and scheduled for a specific date and time. However, sometimes there are unexpected guests. For example, if a member of the caucus has a meeting with someone on the day of the lunch that he or she wants the caucus to meet (e.g. the head of the local NAACP chapter in their district, an actor or actress who is on Capitol Hill advocating for a cause), that member may choose to bring that person to the meeting unscheduled for a quick introduction.”

It’s also unclear if the photo proves that Obama’s relationship with Farrakhan was cozier than previously acknowledged. Farrakhan may have gravitated to the emerging political star to say hello, Muhammad was in the right place and time, a snapshot ensues.

But Jewish leaders like Jonathan Greenblatt, CEO of the ADL, remain adamant.

“Over his career, @barackobama has denounced the bigotry of Farrakhan. Time to do so again,” he tweeted. “Leaders always should make sure that there’s no doubt: America is no place for those who advocate #antisemitism or hate.”

Farrakhan who was in town for a reason associated with the Million Man March, was not necessarily invited to the CBC meeting …

“Typically guests at the CBC meeting are cleared by the caucus chair and scheduled for a specific date and time. However, sometimes there are unexpected guests."

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.1.15  Tacos!  replied to  A. Macarthur @6.1.14    6 years ago
Farrakhan may have gravitated to the emerging political star to say hello, Muhammad was in the right place and time, a snapshot ensues.

You're suggesting he photobombed Obama? I don't think I'm buying that. I think two people who knew very well who the other was took a picture together and both were happy and excited to do it.

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1.16  Krishna  replied to  JBB @6.1    6 years ago
What do you think would, or rather should, be the consequences for demonizing and dehumanizing the Likud Party, their elected political leaders and Prime Minister Netanyahu?
Well, this may be an unpopular stance to many here on NT, but I'm a firm believer in free speech, free political discourse. So asking what should the "consequences" of expressing a political opinion seems like a strange question to me. (More so when you're asking about possible "consequences" for bashing a foreign political leader!)
What would you  like to see here-- making the "demonization" of a foreign political leader a violation of the COC? A one day suspension? A week? If I criticize , say, Theresa May or Vladimir Putin here-- what should be the consequences? A suspension, or an outright banning from this site?)
OK-- I'm exaggerating. But do you actually believe there should be consequences for criticising a foreign leader? Or for that matter (Even worse!???) criticizing an American leader on NT?
I believe, on this site, that would be and also should be met with almost universal derision and probably swift sanctions. On the other hand, any American Jewish politica leaders or popular entertainment figures who ever dare to not toe the extremist stance much less dain to ever criticise Israel are routinely vilified, demonized and dehumanized by questionable butt prolific public figures on American social media.
Well, I've seen prominent figures who criticize Israel being harshly criticized on this site. And I've also seen prominent figures who praise Israel being harshly criticized here as well. 
Heck, for that matter, I've seen those defending various other foreign leaders harshly criticized here as well-- but then again I've seen those bashing those same leaders also being criticized here.
I could be wrong, but it seems that for some reason while you claim to be an advocate of democratic principles and free speech-- you are very upset when someone expresses opinions other than your own. 
(The main thing that bothers me about what is expressed here is when some users are so stupid that they don't have any intelligent opinions on the topic, so resort to attacking other members to hide their ignorance). But if some one wants to defend (or demonize) Netanyui or any other leader-- go right ahead!) 

Junior Participates
6.1.18  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Release The Kraken @6.1.9    6 years ago
I seem to remember Obama being a member of outspoken antisemite Jeremiah Wright's congregation.

Please offer verifiable quotes that Wright made anti-semitic comments.  If you do not do so, we should expect you to formally retract that baseless smear.  

Junior Participates
6.1.19  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Release The Kraken @6.1.11    6 years ago

So all it take is being in the same picture with really bad people and smiling?  Easy peasy, as someone has told be recently:

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
6.1.21  Cerenkov  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @6.1.18    6 years ago

That was pretty disingenuous give the large volume of Wright antisemitic comments to choose from online. Very credible.

Junior Participates
6.1.22  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Release The Kraken @6.1.20    6 years ago

So, you couldn't come up with any actual anti-Semitic comments but had to go to an extreme rightwing Israeli publication to keep the smear alive.  None of the quotes attributed to Wright are any different than moderate and liberal Israelis and American Jews make against the government of Israel.  This is a common tactic of extreme rightwing Jews against anyone, including other Israelis and Jews anywhere else who dare to criticize the ethnic cleansing policies of the extreme rightwing Israeli government.  Your accusation against Wright is just the usual smear and is false. 

Here's more on the extremist Arutz Sheva:

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
6.1.24  Jasper2529  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @6.1.18    6 years ago
Please offer verifiable quotes that Wright made anti-semitic comments.

It took me less than 3 minutes to find 3 of his anti-semitic comments:

Need more?

“We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back to our own front yards. America’s chickens are coming home to roost.” {Sep 2001}

“The Israelis have illegally occupied Palestinian territories for over 40 years now. Divestment has now hit the table again as a strategy to wake the business community and wake up Americans concerning the injustice and the racism under which the Palestinians have lived because of Zionism.”

Ender
Professor Principal
6.1.25  Ender  replied to  Jasper2529 @6.1.24    6 years ago

None of those quotes are ant-Semitic.

Junior Participates
6.1.26  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Cerenkov @6.1.21    6 years ago

A new calumniator joins the pack.   The day you can seem credible on this subject will be the day you call out Scumbag for his many antisemitic smears of George Soros.  Oh, but maybe you agree with those smears.  Are you on record about them either way? 

Junior Participates
6.1.27  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Ender @6.1.25    6 years ago

In trying to make anti-Zionist (the extremist modern version which is better described as "eliminationist") comments into anti-semitism betrays ignorance, indifference and desperation of the extreme rightwing in this country.  For one thing, claiming that anti-government criticism of Israel is anti-semitism leads to the absurd situation where a very large bloc of Israeli  and American Jews are "anti-semitic."  Sometimes the rightwing in this country serves us well as useful idiots. 

JBB
Professor Principal
6.1.28  JBB  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @6.1.27    6 years ago

Some extremely "Pro-Israel" far rightwing American small c christian evangelical fundamentalists have zero affinity for Jews or even Israel except for the essential apocryphal parts Jews and Israel must play in their end time apocalyptical wet dreams. Antisemites? I wouldnt go that far. Pro-Jewish? Hardly. Pro-Israel is a really loaded term today which can mean very different things to different people. What galls me are those who knee jerk equate any disagreement or especially any criticism of Israel as equalling antisemitism. Israelis can criticize the Israeli government butt anyone else does and somebody brands them antisemitic. That is bullshit.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
6.1.29  Skrekk  replied to  JBB @6.1.28    6 years ago

I'll do you one better than that......here's an Orthodox rabbi blaming the terrorist attack on Teh Gayz, in essence blaming the victims.    The Shabbat service included a bris for the newly adopted children of a same-sex couple and the attack apparently happened during the bris, although I don't know if that couple was among the wounded or killed.

New Jersey Orthodox Rabbi Mordechai Aderet publicly advised his followers not to attend a vigil for the victims of the Tree of Life synagogue shooting because the Jews were murdered during a bris for twins adopted by gay parents.

"Somebody came over to me and told me today that he got an email that people should go gather someplace here in town to give the Shema for those 11 people who got killed," the rabbi said in a video that has amassed 10,000 views. "And I still said, I heard it's a Conservative shul, I heard people drove on Shabbat, and I don't think people should join these things."

After remarking that Tree of Life was less strict than the sect of Judaism he adheres to, he went on to say his congregants should not attend the vigil because the local synagogue holding it had held a similar memorial for those murdered in the mass shooting at Pulse nightclub, which he said was "for men to men."

"That's the same people that invited the people two years ago to say Tehillim for those lowlives," Aderet asserted , referring to Pulse victims, whom he called "those sinners, trash." 

T ehillim  is the Hebrew word for the Book of Psalms, which contains some of the most widely recognized phrases from the Torah.

"That's reason enough not to join these people," said the rabbi.

He then referenced an article published in The Advocate on a report from the Delta Foundation of Pittsburgh, a local LGBTQ group, that the synagogue shooting occurred during a bris or brit milah – a Jewish circumcision ceremony – for a gay couple's twins

"Do you know what it says on the whole internet, it's called Advocate.com ... you know about who were the parents?" Aderet bellowed. "Hashem said it to me. Two men. This is a brit milah in a Conservative shul and the two men adopted the boy and did the brit milah, and you wonder why there was a massacre?"

He went on to link the violence in Pittsburgh to the shooting in Florida, mistaking the city of Orlando, where Pulse is located, for Miami. 

"I'm not sorry for this disaster," he declared. "You attend a brit milah of two men?"

Wanna bet that freak of nature is a Trump voter?   The odds are darn near 100%.

JBB
Professor Principal
6.1.30  JBB  replied to  Skrekk @6.1.29    6 years ago

As paulist small c christian fundies often give Christians and all Christianity a black eye some among the far right wing of Judaism, Islam and Hinduism give their own respective faiths bad names. Buddhist? Not so much...

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
6.1.31  Skrekk  replied to  JBB @6.1.30    6 years ago

Usually you only hear about Buddhists when they really go off the rails like with Pol Pot.    I'm sure there must be self-righteous nags and scolds somewhere in that tradition but I don't think there's a textual orthodoxy to support it like there is in the Abrahamic cults.

Junior Participates
6.1.32  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Release The Kraken @6.1.23    6 years ago
President Obama actually commented on his disappointing comments.

So now you've backed off of them being anti-semitic to just "disappointing" and you claim lost?  Last time I checked the dictionary "retreat" was not listed as synonym for "winning."  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8  Buzz of the Orient    6 years ago

I just read an article that said this:

"Bowers used a lightweight semi-automatic AR-15 in the attack, identical to the weapons used in mass shootings in Aurora, Parkland, Las Vegas, Sandy Hook, Sutherland Springs and San Bernardino in recent years. Each shooting resulted in mass casualties."

Out of curiosity, were they all within Trump's presidency or did any of them occur before it?  And if any occurred before it, what was different?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8.1  Sparty On  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8    6 years ago

There you again Buzz ..... using common sense.

Junior Participates
8.1.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Sparty On @8.1    6 years ago
using common sense.

Is that what you folks are calling massive deflection these days?  Odd.  Sad.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8.1.2  Sparty On  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @8.1.1    6 years ago

Nah, it’s common sense.    Shame you don’t recognize it anymore .... if you ever could.

Junior Participates
8.1.3  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Sparty On @8.1.2    6 years ago
Nah, it’s common sense.

It's common, yes, but not sense.  The opposite of sense.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
9  Sparty On    6 years ago

Why do folks insist on giving "crazy" a political label.  

Anything to help push an agenda i suppose .....

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @9    6 years ago
'Why do folks insist on giving "crazy" a political label.'

When the label fits, it fits.  

This 'crazy' wore his political label all over - including his van.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
9.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @9.1    6 years ago

True, "crazy" is a good label for "crazy."    Republican or Democrat?   Not so much.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @9.1.1    6 years ago

Rump crazy or batshit crazy, same difference.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
9.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @9.1.2    6 years ago

Rump?

lady in black
Professor Quiet
10  lady in black    6 years ago

Would you have treated this pos or let him bleed to death?

Jewish doctors, nurses saved wounded synagogue gunman even as he spewed anti-Semitic hate

Jewish doctors and nurses at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh put their personal feelings aside to help save the life of the man who allegedly claimed he wanted to “kill all the Jews” as he opened fire at a synagogue and murdered 11 worshipers.

Robert Bowers, 46, was shot multiple times himself and taken to AGH. In addition to killing eight men and three women, he wounded six other people, including four police officers, before surrendering Saturday. 

“He was taken to my hospital and he’s shouting, ‘I want to kill all the Jews’,” Dr. Jeffrey Cohen , president of Allegheny General Hospital and a member of the Tree of Life Synagogue, told ABC. “The first three people who took care of him were Jewish.”

JBB
Professor Principal
10.1  JBB  replied to  lady in black @10    6 years ago

In Oklahoma it is illegal to give assistance to a run over child bleeding to death on the side of the road if they are undocumented. That is just how awful and inhuman the laws that being passed in red state gop legislatures across America today are. Proud? Not I. Not My America. F That...

user image
Freshman Silent
10.1.1    replied to  JBB @10.1    6 years ago
In Oklahoma it is illegal to give assistance to a run over child bleeding to death on the side of the road if they are undocumented.

[Deleted.]

[It's been true in OK since 2007, HB 1804 aka]

[Oklahoma Taxpayer and Citizen Protection Act 2007][, is a strict anti-illegal immigration law introduced by] [State Representative] [Randy Terrill][, a] [Republican] [from] [Moore, OK][.]
note that the law was passed by members of both parties and signed into law by a Democrat Governor.

[HB-1804 makes it a] [felony] [even to give a person a ride if they know or have grounds to suspect them of being] an [illegal immigrant][. It also forbids the state from providing education, health care and many other services to undocumented immigrants, including infants, and requires police to check the immigration status of anyone "suspected" of being in this country illegally.]

[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HB1804]

JBB
Professor Principal
10.1.2  JBB  replied to  @10.1.1    6 years ago

No it is not. I am on a phone or else I would attach any number of sources butt you can Google it for yourself. It is NOT just in Oklahoma either. It is illegal to give aid or assistance to anyone in Oklahoma that Oklahoma deems to be in Oklahoma illegally. Instead one must first notify law enforcement and have them deal with it in their own good time and this awful inhumane law plainly includes bleeding immigrant children dying for lack of simple first aid on a roadside of suffocating in a rail car. If you are unaware then that is on you. WAKE UP AMERICA! 

user image
Freshman Silent
10.1.3    replied to  JBB @10.1.2    6 years ago

Show me were in HB-1804 it says it's illegal to give emergency medical aid to an injured undocumented immigrant, it simply isn't there. Besides, do you seriously think a private citizen or EMS would first check or ask if the one in need of emergency medical aid was in the country illegally before helping them? That's freaking ridiculous.

Giving aid means it forbids harboring and giving shelter to illegal immigrants. Immigrants use of health care services and receiving emergency medical assistance has been unaffected by HB 1804 because medical services are exempt.

Junior Participates
10.1.4  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  @10.1.3    6 years ago
Show me were in HB-1804 it says it's illegal to give emergency medical aid to an injured undocumented immigrant, it simply isn't there.

There is this provision:

Section 3 of HB1804 makes it a  felony  in Oklahoma, punishable by no less than one year's imprisonment by the  Oklahoma Department of Corrections  or/and a $1,000 fine, to:
  • Transport, move, or attempt to transport any illegal alien

So, it's not at all out of the realm of possibility that this law could be used by some hot-dog sheriff to arrest someone  who transports an undocumented injured or sick child to a hospital.  And it wouldn't surprise me a bit if that would happen in a state like OK.  

user image
Freshman Silent
10.1.5    replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @10.1.4    6 years ago
So, it's not at all out of the realm of possibility that this law could be used by some hot-dog sheriff to arrest someone  who transports an undocumented injured or sick child to a hospital.

That wouldn't happen and if it did the person arrested would immediately have the charges dropped because HB 1804 exempts medical situations from it.

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
11  Willjay9    6 years ago

Wow!...its a good thing we still have funding to investigate those right wing extremist groups....oh wait

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
11.1  Skrekk  replied to  Willjay9 @11    6 years ago

Yeah, it's notable that not only did Trump order the DHS to stop investigating those right wing extremist groups but he's even deliberately not condemned the anti-refugee sentiment which inspired this act of antisemitic terrorism.    But if he were to do that how could he ignore his own role in fomenting that irrational hatred?

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
11.1.2  A. Macarthur  replied to    6 years ago

Incited by an orchestrated political strategy to stoke haters.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
11.1.3  Skrekk  replied to    6 years ago

It would probably be most efficient for DHS simply to monitor Trump's rallies to find terrorists and potential terrorists.

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
11.1.4  Willjay9  replied to    6 years ago

Actually, until they reach our border, their refugees! Until they CROSS the border, their refugees....you see by our law what they are doing is perfectly legal, too bad Fox News is allergic to facts, otherwise a lot of people would know that

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  Willjay9 @11.1.4    6 years ago

It's Rump and his administration who had a ZERO tolerance policy for these folks seeking refuge.

Trying to blame it all on democrats, as usual.  

Junior Participates
11.1.6  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to    6 years ago
Neither of these wacko's belonged to a extremest groups they were lone wolf nut jobs.

False on both.  Bowers was a frequent, social-media active  and regular contributor to a hate forum devoted to nazism.   He was the very opposite of some recluse.  And Beierle was part of the "incel" community feeding one another with male entitlement and resentment at being spurned by women who avoided them like plague.  IOW, both of them elements of the general violent rightwing male community. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @11.1.6    6 years ago
'Neither of these wacko's belonged to a extremest groups they were lone wolf nut jobs.'

'False on both.  Bowers was a frequent, social-media active  and regular contributor to a hate forum devoted to nazism.   He was the very opposite of some recluse.  And Beierle was part of the "incel" community feeding one another with male entitlement and resentment at being spurned by women who avoided them like plague.  IOW, both of them elements of the general violent rightwing male community.' 

Gee and Republicans wonder why they can't get dates.  LOL!

Junior Participates
12  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו    6 years ago

Just as predictable as the tides:  Everytime we get a new rightwing extremist hate crime the rightwing choir begins it's off-key chanting:  "YEAH BUT WHAT ABOUT FARRAKHAN....WAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Louis Farrakhan has never killed a Jew.  His words are despicable but trying to make them offset the acts by killers from the far right just makes the entire rightwing seem complicit.