╌>

‘My strength comes from being a Palestinian,’ says first Muslim congresswoman

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  6 years ago  •  8 comments

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

World Israel News, November 8, 2018

Michigan Democrat Rashida Tlaib won a seat in the US House of Representatives to become the first Muslim of Palestinian origin in the House. 

The daughter of Arabs who left the Samaria region for the US, Tlaib is a vocal critic of President Donald Trump. She told the U.K.’s   Channel 4 News   that she will “absolutely” vote against military aid to Israel. 

“My strength comes from being a Palestinian,” she declared after her victory, wrapped in a Palestinian flag rather than the Stars and Stripes.

Buzz note: I am unable to open the YouTube in order to post it, but if you click this link to the original article you will be able to watch the video:

https://worldisraelnews.com/watch-my-strength-comes-from-being-a-palestinian-says-1st-muslim-congresswoman/?utm_source=MadMimi&utm_medium=email&utm

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    6 years ago

Screenshot / Twitter

I truly doubt that anyone has ever seen a Jewish American lawmaker wrap himself in an Israeli Flag - because they are loyal to the USA, contrary to the lie that some anti-Semites say.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1    6 years ago

Yeah, that is pretty strange.

Maybe she should go back and help her fellow Palestinians out instead of wasting time in America.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
1.1.1  Cerenkov  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1    6 years ago

She should be deported.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Cerenkov @1.1.1    6 years ago

Oh, we shouldn't stoop that low.

But WTF were her constituent thinking, if they even were?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    6 years ago

I think she is showing where her primary loyalty lies.  What bothers me is that her votes in government will be for the benefit of the Palestinians rather than for the Americans. However, her constituency must be the Dearborn Americans, so she can't ignore their needs. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2    6 years ago

Appears she will be more interested in defunding Israel instead of passing legislation to help her constituents.

charger 383
Professor Silent
3  charger 383    6 years ago

I'm sure this is going to improve things all over (sarcastic comment)