╌>

Michael Avenatti reportedly arrested on domestic violence charges

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  6 years ago  •  106 comments

Michael Avenatti reportedly arrested on domestic violence charges

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Michael Avenatti, a Trump critic and the attorney for adult film star Stormy Daniels, was reportedly arrested Wednesday on domestic violence charges.

A report against Avenatti regarding an alleged encounter on Tuesday was filed by his estranged wife, TMZ reported, citing law enforcement sources.

An LAPD public information officer confirmed to Fox News that an individual had been arrested on domestic violence charges. The officer did not confirm that the individual was Avenatti, saying that the ID would be released after booking.

The individual was arrested Wednesday following an incident reported Tuesday, the LAPD said.

Avenatti did not immediately respond to Fox News’ request for comment.

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    6 years ago

To be filed under "What goes around comes around"

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
1.3.2  Cerenkov  replied to    6 years ago

Good point. Democrats are often hypocrites...

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
1.3.3  Rmando  replied to  A. Macarthur @1.3    6 years ago

The difference is that all those allegations against Trump are hearsay and anecdotes. The cops wouldn't have arrested Avenatti without any evidence. 

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
1.3.5  A. Macarthur  replied to    6 years ago
Some of us started back when slick willy was the groper and chief fucking interns while at work

And some of you did so, not as a matter of moral propriety, rather as mere selective, partisan indignation; if your repudiation was sincere, you would have turned your back on Trump at the "Pussy Grabber" self-aggrandizement revelation …

… so spare me the holier-than-thou faux high road.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.3.6  Tacos!  replied to  A. Macarthur @1.3    6 years ago

This post needs to go in the Whataboutism Hall of Fame.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.3.7  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  A. Macarthur @1.3.5    6 years ago

Well Mac , when willie jeff got the nomination , I PCSed to civilian status after 10 years honorable service because I refused to serve under a commander in chief who was accused of rape and got paid a nice separation bonus, I continued in later life in the last presidential election by NOT voting for trump and instead voted for a 3rd party candidate since neither mainstream party had a worthy candidate  to vote for. 

and thanks for acknowledging some did not vote for either for what to them were the right reasons , and not strictly due to partisanship or tribalism. I can and will take the high road on this one.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
1.3.8  Cerenkov  replied to  Tacos! @1.3.6    6 years ago

I second the nomination. It's classic deflection. 

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
1.3.9  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to    6 years ago
That appears to be more of a whataboutism.

when hypocrisy bites one on the behind? 

declaring "whataboutism comes in real handy huh?

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.11  Texan1211  replied to  A. Macarthur @1.3    6 years ago

Nice little rant but what exactly do another person's alleged transgressions have to do with Avenatti?

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
1.3.13  A. Macarthur  replied to    6 years ago
That appears to be more of a whataboutism.

Appearances can be deceiving to the sycophant … think of my post as MULTIPLE SIGNIFICANT, SPECIFIC REFERENCES REGARDING THE FAUX INDIGNATION of the ad hominem Trump defenders.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.3.14  Tacos!  replied to  A. Macarthur @1.3.13    6 years ago
REGARDING THE FAUX INDIGNATION of the ad hominem Trump defenders

Except that no one is indignant. We're all laughing at how the self righteous accuser has been brought low by the very same kind of accusation he was leveling at someone else. It's deliciously ironic poetic justice. No one is indignant because none of us ever had any hope in Avenatti. I can see why you might be indignant, but for the rest of us, it's more like schadenfreude.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
1.3.15  A. Macarthur  replied to  Tacos! @1.3.14    6 years ago
I can see why you might be indignant, but for the rest of us, it's more like schadenfreude.

Good for you!

Self-assessment has great potential value; how gratifying that you acknowledge anyone's indignation regarding your hypocrisy in railing against Avenatti (correctly so if the allegations against him stand), while simultaneously ignoring the many such allegations against Trump!

As for "pleasure derived by someone from another person's misfortune," talk about pots and kettles.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
1.3.16  A. Macarthur  replied to  Texan1211 @1.3.11    6 years ago
Nice little rant but what exactly do another person's alleged transgressions have to do with Avenatti?
They have to do with the selective indignation, hypocrisy and silence of those who look the other way when similar (and worse) allegations are made regarding their self-acknowledged abuser, Jess Willard.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.17  Texan1211  replied to  A. Macarthur @1.3.16    6 years ago

Naw--you just made that shit up to attempt to justify one of your hero's actions.

Not a damn thing to do with Trump or anyone else for that matter.

Please tell us which one of Trump's or Kavanaugh's accusers have filed a police report.

Since you seem to think it is relevant and all.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
1.3.18  A. Macarthur  replied to  Texan1211 @1.3.17    6 years ago
Please tell us which one of Trump's or Kavanaugh's accusers have filed a police report.

When the Trump-truncated FBI investigation on Kavanaugh … and … the Trump-abuser accusers can go forward in January, 2019 and later, all the cowardly, Republican, Congressional Trump ass-kisser apologists and protectors … seeing the political liabilities of Trumpism … will get out of the way, and yours and other ad-hominem "arguments" will dissolve for what they are.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.19  Texan1211  replied to  A. Macarthur @1.3.18    6 years ago

So, once again, you deflect.

I asked for which one of the accusers ever filed police reports, and you come back with that NONSENSE??

wtf?

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
1.3.20  A. Macarthur  replied to  Texan1211 @1.3.19    6 years ago
So, once again, you deflect.

I asked for which one of the accusers ever filed police reports, and you come back with that NONSENSE??

wtf?

Your usual gotcha' crap; once the Republican obstruction (i.e. Kavanaugh FBI "investigation") is brought into the light-of-day, and, all that has been concealed from the public, "reports" and other relevant information … that which has not been answered to date …

… will likely make it impossible for you to legitimately pretend that what has been politically hidden away, doesn't exist.

See you then when you metaphorically shout, "Not so fast … first bring me the broom of the wicked witch … " …

Then we will pay no attention to the "man behind the curtain."

Your "arguments" typically ask for the very evidence being held in exile by the obstructors of justice.

See you then … at subpoena-power time.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.21  Texan1211  replied to  A. Macarthur @1.3.20    6 years ago

Please, stop jrSmiley_76_smiley_image.gif. It isn't a good look for you.

Pray tell what power Trump or Kavanaugh had to prevent those accusers from filing police reports when the events happened, or even today, for that matter.

This should be good---please wait until I can pop some corn!

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
1.3.22  A. Macarthur  replied to  Texan1211 @1.3.21    6 years ago

First, you posit a path to an objective that may not get to that objective, after which you conclude … tuto finito … but partisan, willful myopia conveniently has you dismiss all other paths to that objective.

And your usual adolescent "popcorn" quips and cartoons only serve to punctuate how you whistle past the grave yard.

Let's see what the FBI was prevented from pursuing and revealing regarding Kavanaugh … what Mark Judge may say if/when invited or subpoenaed to answer questions under oath, after which you may need to floss the popcorn from between your toothless innuendo.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.23  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  A. Macarthur @1.3    6 years ago

That list can be addressed after Mr Trump's term/terms. In the meantime I love what he's doing.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
1.3.24  A. Macarthur  replied to  Texan1211 @1.3.17    6 years ago

Since you seem to think it is relevant and all.

Why Don't Victims of Sexual Harassment Come Forward Sooner?

These are eight reasons why victims of sexual harassment don't come forward.

Shame

One of the primary reasons women don’t come forward to report sexual harassment or assault is shame. Shame is at the core of the intense emotional wounding women and men experience when they are sexually violated. As expert on shame Gershen Kaufman aptly stated in his book Shame: The Power of Caring, “Shame is a natural reaction to being violated or abused. In fact, abuse, by its very nature, is humiliating and dehumanizing.” This is especially true with sexual violations. The victim feels invaded and defiled, while simultaneously experiencing the indignity of being helpless and at the mercy of another person.

This sense of shame often causes victims to blame themselves for the sexual misconduct of their perpetrator. Case in point, Lee Corfman, the woman who reported to a Washington Post reporter that she was molested by Roy Moore when she was 14, said, “I felt responsible. I thought I was bad.” Time after time, clients who experienced sexual harassment at work or at school have told me things like: “I assumed it was my fault. I’m a very friendly person, and I always smiled and said hello to my boss. I think he must have thought I was flirting with him.” Another client, a student who was sexually assaulted by one of her college professors told me, “I liked all the attention I was getting from him. We’d sit for hours in his office talking, and I was learning a lot from him. I guess I was sending him the wrong message.”

Understanding more about the emotion of shame can help explain why women blame themselves when they are violated, and why more women do not report sexual assault or harassment. Shame is a feeling deep within us of being exposed and unworthy. When we feel ashamed, we want to hide. We hang our heads, stoop our shoulders, and curve inward as if trying to make ourselves invisible. Most people who have been deeply shamed take on the underlying and pervasive belief that they are defective or unacceptable. They feel unworthy, unlovable, or “bad.” Shame can also cause us to feel isolated — set apart from the crowd. In fact, in primitive cultures, people were banished from the tribe when they broke society’s rules. Being shamed feels like being banished — unworthy to be around others.

Sexual harassment and assault can be a humiliating experience to recount privately, let alone publicly. Victims of sexual harassment and sexual assault in adulthood or sexual abuse in childhood tend to feel shame, because as human beings, we want to believe that we have control over what happens to us. When that personal power is challenged by a victimization of any kind, we feel humiliated. We believe we should have been able to defend ourselves. And because we weren’t able to do so, we feel helpless and powerless. This powerlessness causes humiliation — which leads to shame.

It is often easier to blame oneself than to admit that you were rendered helpless or victimized by another person. As humans, we want to believe that we are in control of our own lives. When something that occurs reminds us that, in fact, we are not always in control, it is very upsetting. So upsetting that we would prefer to blame ourselves for our victimization.

Women, in particular, feel shame, because they are often blamed for being sexually assaulted. Even today, women are accused of causing their own victimization with comments like, “What did she expect when she dresses like she does?” and “She shouldn’t have had so much to drink.”

And women are used to being shamed and feeling shame. Women feel shame when they are heckled by men on the street. They feel shame when men make fun of their body or make disparaging remarks about the size of their breasts or behinds. They feel shame when their entire being is reduced to how attractive or unattractive a man finds them. 

This sense of shame has a cumulative effect. Depending on how much a woman has already been shamed by previous abuse or by bullying, she may choose to try to forget the entire incident, to put her head in the sand and try to pretend it never happened.

Denial, Minimization

This tendency to blame themselves and to be overwhelmed with shame leads into the next important reason why women don’t come forward: denial and minimization. Many women refuse to believe that the treatment they endured was actually abusive. They downplay how much they have been harmed by sexual harassment and even sexual assault. They convince themselves that “it wasn’t a big deal.” As one client told me, “I know a lot of women who were brutally raped, and I have friends who were sexually abused in childhood. Being sexually harassed by my boss was nothing compared to what these women went through. I told myself to just move on and forget the whole thing.”

Unfortunately, this same client had come to see me because she was suffering from depression. She couldn’t sleep at night, she had no appetite, she had lost her motivation, and she had isolated herself from friends and family. When we traced these symptoms back, we discovered that they all began after the sexual harassment incident. Depression is one of the major after-effects of sexual harassment or assault. Victims may experience self-doubt, which can lead to self-blame, and the hopelessness of the situation can also lead to depression.

Other women are good at making excuses for their abusers. I have often heard victims of sexual harassment say things like “I felt sorry for him,” or “I figured he wasn’t getting enough sex at home," or even “I knew he couldn’t help himself.”  

And finally, women convince themselves that they are the only victim of a sexual harasser or abuser. It is often only after other women step forward to say that they were abused by a perpetrator that a victim may realize that they are dealing with a serial abuser or pedophile. For example, Beverly Young Nelson recently went on TV to tell her story of how Roy Moore sexually attacked her when she was 16 and said, “I thought I was Roy Moore’s only victim."

Fear of the Consequences

Fear of the repercussions is a huge obstacle women face when it comes to reporting sexual harassment or assault — fear of losing their job, fear they won’t find another job, fear they will be passed over for a promotion, fear of losing their credibility, fear of being branded a troublemaker, fear of being blackballed in their industry, fear of their physical safety. This is true whether it is a case of a young woman in her first job being harassed, an actress trying to make her way in the entertainment business, or a career woman desperately trying to break through the glass ceiling.

Many don’t disclose, because they fear they won’t be believed, and until very recently, that has primarily been the case. The fact that sexual misconduct is the most under-reported crime is due to a common belief that women make up these stories for attention or to get back at a man who rejected them. Victims' accounts are often scrutinized to the point of exhaustion. In high-profile cases, victims are often labeled opportunists, blamed for their own victimization, and punished for coming forward. 

Another reason why victims don’t report or delay reporting is that they fear retaliation, and we have evidence from recent events to validate that fear. Sexual harassers frequently threaten the lives, jobs, and careers of their victims. And many victims are frightened by the perpetrator’s position of power and what he could do with it. Those who have reported sexual harassment or assault, especially by powerful men, have reported that they lost their jobs, and that their careers or reputations have been destroyed. In the case of Harvey Weinstein, the New Yorker reported that he enlisted private security agencies staffed with “highly experienced and trained in Israel’s elite military and government intelligence units” to collect information on women and journalists who tried to expose sexual harassment allegations against him. This fear of retaliation does not only apply to high-profile cases; people who wield their power to prey on other people are often quite adept at holding onto that power by any means necessary. Sexual harassment cuts across all industries — Hollywood, politics, media, tech, and service industries, like food services. 

Low Self-Esteem

Some victims have such low self-esteem that they don’t consider what happened to them to be very serious. They don’t value or respect their own bodies or their own integrity, so if someone violates them, they downplay it. As one client who had been sexually violated by a boss when she was in her early twenties shared with me: “Guys were always coming on to me and trying to grab me back then. When my boss did it, I figured, ‘Why not let him do what he wants, no big deal.’” But my client had not anticipated what the short-term and long-term consequences of “giving herself away” might be. “When I look back, I can recognize that my boss violating me was a real turning point in my life. After that, I started acting out. I had never taken drugs before, but when someone offered me some cocaine, I thought, ‘Why not?’ When guys wanted to party, including having group sex, I figured, ‘What have I got to lose?’ I just stopped caring about myself.”

Sexual violations wound a woman’s self-esteem, self-concept, and sense of self. The more a girl or woman puts up with, the more her self-image becomes distorted. Little by little, acts of disrespect, objectification, and shaming whittle away at her self-esteem until she has little regard for herself and her feelings. There is a huge price to pay for “going along” with sexual exploitation. A woman doesn’t just give away her body; she gives away her integrity.

In the last several years there has been a focus on raising the self-esteem of girls and young women. We want our young women to feel proud and strong, to walk with their heads held high. We try to instill confidence in them and tell them they can do whatever they set their minds to do. We send them off to college with the feeling that they are safe, that they can protect themselves, and that we will protect them. But this is a lie. They are not safe, they don’t know how to protect themselves, and we don’t protect them.

By far the most damaging thing to affect the self-esteem of young girls and women is the way they are mistreated in our culture. Beginning in early childhood, the average girl experiences unwanted sexual remarks and sexual behavior from boys and men. Remarks about her body and her sexuality come from boys at school and from men on the streets. Young girls today continually complain that they are bullied in school — not in the way we think of boys bullying other boys — but by boys making remarks about their genitals, their behinds, and as they get older, about their breasts. In today’s schools, there is a common practice of boys running by girls and grabbing their behinds or breasts and running away.

Even the most confident girl cannot sustain her sense of confidence if she is sexually violated. She feels so much shame that it is difficult to hold her head up high. She finds it difficult to have the motivation to continue on her path, whether it be college or a career. 

Feelings of Hopelessness and Helplessness

Research has shown us that victims who cannot see a way out of an abusive situation soon develop a sense of hopelessness and helplessness, and this in turn contributes to them giving up and not trying to escape or seek help. Specifically, learned helplessness is a condition in which a person suffers from a sense of powerlessness, arising from a traumatic event or persistent failure to succeed and considered to be one of the underlying causes of depression. A concept originally developed by the research of psychologist Martin Seligman and Steven D. Meier, learned helplessness is a phenomenon that says when people feel like they have no control over what happens, they tend to simply give up and accept their fate.  

Women feel it is useless to come forward, because they have seen the way others have been treated. They feel it is hopeless, because they won’t be believed, and their reputations will be tainted, if not ruined. Women who have already been sexually assaulted or harassed feel especially helpless, since the chances are extremely high that they did not receive the justice they so desperately needed. These fears can cause women to think there is nowhere to turn, to feel trapped and even hopeless. 

Most women feel they are on their own when it comes to protecting themselves from sexual harassment. While they may take precautions to protect themselves, overall, they still feel helpless about changing the situation. Many women have learned the hard way that going to the HR in their company is useless, since HR departments are notorious for protecting the company at all costs.

As mentioned above, many women are overwhelmed with self-blame and debilitating shame due to sexual harassment. This self-blame and debilitating shame robs them of their power, their sense of efficacy and agency, and their belief that they can change their circumstances.

Some women don’t have the emotional strength to stand up to intense manipulation, to sexual pressure, or to threats of rejection. While they may take precautions against being sexually assaulted, from avoiding walking alone at night, to avoiding eye contact, to carrying pepper spray in their handbags, measures such as these don’t take away their overarching fear, brought on by witnessing and experiencing the consistent objectification of women, as well as evidence of the rape culture which currently permeates our country. In a recent study, researchers found that the treatment of women as sex objects has shown to contribute to women’s fear of sexual assault. According to Dr. Laurel Watson, a psychology professor specializing in trauma at the University of Missouri-Kansas City, “Our research supports previous findings that the rampant sexual objectification of women, what some consider an act of sexual terrorism, can heighten women’s fear of incurring physical and sexual harm.”

A History of Being Sexually Violated 

Closely related to the above, women who have already been traumatized by child sexual abuse or by sexual assault as an adult are far less likely to speak out about sexual harassment at work or at school. Research shows that survivors of previous abuse and assault are at a higher risk of being sexually assaulted again. For example, research shows that 38 percent of college-aged women who have been sexually violated had first been victimized prior to college.

Those who experienced previous abuse will likely respond to overtures of sexual harassment much differently than women who have not been abused. As one client shared with me, “Time after time I just freeze when a guy makes a sexual advance, hoping it will stop him or he will walk away.” This “freezing reaction” is a common one for those who were sexually abused in childhood. And as was mentioned above, those who have previously been victimized are more likely to keep quiet about the abuse, since they may have already had the experience of not being believed and not receiving justice.

Lack of Information

Recent statistics show that 70 percent of women suffer sexual harassment on the job. In fact, the stats for sexual harassment are the same as those for sexual assault: one in every four women nationwide have been sexually harassed at work. And yet many women, even highly educated ones, are uneducated about exactly what constitutes sexual harassment, don’t recognize sexual harassment as a real threat, don’t understand how sexual harassment or assault affected them, nor do they understand the real world consequences of not reaching out for help or not reporting it. For example, the emotional effects of this type of harassment can have devastating psychiatric effects, including:

• Anxiety 
  • Loss of self-esteem
  • PTSD — Studies have found a link between victims of sexual harassment and PTSD, which causes the victim to re-live the harassment and avoid situations where it could happen again.
  • Suicidal behavior — Studies suggest that sexual harassment can lead to suicidal behavior. Up to 15 of 1,000 females studied reported saying they made suicidal attempts after suffering from some sort of sexual harassment.

Disbelief, Dissociated, or Drugged

Finally, sometimes women don’t report sexual harassment or assault, because at the time of the abuse they were drugged, inebriated, or dissociated. As was the case with the Bill Cosby accusers — it is not uncommon for women and girls to have been drugged by their abusers and, because of this, to have only vague memories. Others may have been so drunk before the assault that they doubt their memories, and as we know, some are so traumatized that they dissociated during the attack and have only vague memories. It usually takes one woman coming forward before a woman is able to trust her own memories of the experience. Unless other women come forward to make a complaint about someone, most will continue doubting themselves and assuming they will be doubted if they report. 

It is understandable that women have a difficult time coming forward for a number of reasons. These women deserve our recognition about how difficult it is and our compassion for what they have been through. Women need to be encouraged to begin to push away their internalized shame with anger and to learn how to give the shame back to their abusers.  

Instead of focusing so much energy on trying to figure out why victims don’t report, it would be far more productive to ask, “Why do we allow men to continue to sexually harass and assault women?” Perhaps even more important, we need to stop asking why victims wait to report and instead focus on how we can better support victims in their quest for justice and healing.

If you have been sexually harassed or assaulted and need someone to talk to, please contact the following:

National Sex Assault Hotline: (800) 656-4673

Educate yourself before you ask what you think to be a gotcha' question. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Vic Eldred    6 years ago

I don't think "she hit me first" is much of a defense.  Trump should tweet "We are after the truth"

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2.1  lady in black  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    6 years ago

Trump won't know the truth if it bit him in the nose, truth and trump do NOT go together.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  lady in black @2.1    6 years ago

Actually, his gut instincts usually prove to be right!   Dosen't that just gall ya?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.1    6 years ago
Which of the big fat gut instincts of the turd have ever proven to be right?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.4  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.3    6 years ago

I assume that he was born in Hawaii. Has Obama been proven right on anything else?

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
3  Cerenkov    6 years ago

I believe her.

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
3.1  lennylynx  replied to  Cerenkov @3    6 years ago

What did she say that you believe?

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
3.1.1  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  lennylynx @3.1    6 years ago

avanatti

if trump and kavanaugh can be guilty of everything under the sun because of who they are?

so can avanatti :)

do ya reckon avanatti's REAL trial in an actual court of law will be as much fun as kavanaughs SHOW trial in congress?

cheers :)

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.1.2  bugsy  replied to  lennylynx @3.1    6 years ago

Doesn't matter. She made the accusation, therefore she should be believed.

Some of us decided to go with the liberal playbook on this one.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
3.2  A. Macarthur  replied to  Cerenkov @3    6 years ago

Michael Avenatti's ex-wives come to his defense after domestic violence arrest in L.A.

WASHINGTON — Both of Michael Avenatti's former wives are defending the Los Angeles lawyer after he was arrested Wednesday on a domestic violence charge. 

Avenatti, the celebrity lawyer best known for representing porn actress Stormy Daniels in her lawsuit against President Donald Trump,  has denied the felony charges after being released on $50,000 bond

Los Angeles Police have not identified the alleged victim but said the person had visible injuries. 

More:  Michael Avenatti arrested in Los Angeles, denies domestic violence accusations

Avenatti's first wife, Christine Avenatti Carlin,  said on Twitter  that Avenatti was always a kind and loving father and husband. "He has NEVER been abusive to me or anyone else," she said. "He is a good man."

And his second wife, Lisa Storie-Avenatti, denied reports on a gossip website that she was the victim. Through her attorney, she said she wasn't at Avenatti's apartment when the alleged incident occurred, had never been abused by Avenatti and never knew him to be violent. 

The two divorced last year.

The 47-year-old lawyer became a ubiquitous face on cable television news this year after Daniels sued Trump in order to get out of her confidentiality agreement with the president. Daniels, also known as Stephanie Clifford, said Trump paid her $138,000 to keep quiet about a past sexual encounter just before the 2016 election. 

So maybe this turns out to be a Trump-support set up … hmmmmmm …

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  A. Macarthur @3.2    6 years ago
'So maybe this turns out to be a Trump-support set up … hmmmmmm …'

That sounds like a good possibility

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  A. Macarthur @3.2    6 years ago

Gee, when loads of Kavanaugh's female law clerks supported his nomination, you seemed to have discounted them.....double standard?

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
3.2.3  A. Macarthur  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.2    6 years ago

"Loads" may be on-the-mark.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.4  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  A. Macarthur @3.2    6 years ago

He can deny & deny. At least he will get his due process, which he didn't want to grant to others.  Btw the "celebrity lawyer" went from big time to small time in notime

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.5  Texan1211  replied to  A. Macarthur @3.2.3    6 years ago

it would be just swell if you could simply name one woman who was credible in her accusations against Kavanaugh.

Since we both realize you can't do that, you might as well stop digging.

Seems like the very women he worked with almost every day would have SOME insight into how he acts around women, or does that just make too damn much sense for ya?

I don't recall ANY of his clerks saying ANYTHING negative about him.

Go ahead and prove me wrong--if you can, of course!

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
4  Rmando    6 years ago

He puts the creepy in Creepy Porn Lawyer.

devangelical
Professor Principal
5  devangelical    6 years ago

I'd be checking the ex's bank statement for a recent large deposit from an account with a patriotic sounding name.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
5.1  Cerenkov  replied to  devangelical @5    6 years ago

Like Ford's go fund me?

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
5.2  A. Macarthur  replied to  devangelical @5    6 years ago
I'd be checking the ex's bank statement for a recent large deposit from an account with a patriotic sounding name.

Apparently, Avenatti's ex-wife has stated she was not abused … recently, nor in the past, and, the source of the story has backed away; I will see what specifics I can find and post them.

For the sycophants …

MUSIC!

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
5.2.1  Cerenkov  replied to  A. Macarthur @5.2    6 years ago

Still arrested...

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
5.3  A. Macarthur  replied to  devangelical @5    6 years ago

I'd be checking Roger Stone's recent activities!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.3.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  A. Macarthur @5.3    6 years ago

I take it your a fan of Avenatti. Do you also believe that the most obnoxious lawyer in the room is best?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7  Tacos!    6 years ago

Isn't this one of the guys who, just a month ago, was self-righteously insisting that we should all believe accusers? #believewomen or something, right?

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
8  The Magic 8 Ball    6 years ago

avenatti arrested and hillary told she must testify about her emial server all on the same day?

fun enough for a wednesday :)

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
12  A. Macarthur    6 years ago

LEST WE FORGET …

After being arrested for alleged domestic violence, attorney Michael Avenatti is claiming the same person who recently tried to smear Special Counsel Robert Mueller is responsible.

"First Mueller and now me,"   Avenatti tweeted Thursday . "When we are fully exonerated I am coming for you Jacob Wohl aka Surefire." Wohl is the far-right conspiracy theorist who claimed earlier this month a woman was about to come forward to accuse Mueller of sexual misconduct. This claim quickly fell apart when the supposed accuser  never showed up to a press conference , during which Wohl offered multiple spellings of her name. Afterward, it was revealed that a photo supposedly of Wohl with the accuser was  actually of his girlfriend  — although the woman later denied they ever dated.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.1  Texan1211  replied to  A. Macarthur @12    6 years ago

So, the scumbag lawyer suggest that someone else is responsible--not him or his accuser.

Typical scumbag.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
12.1.1  A. Macarthur  replied to  Texan1211 @12.1    6 years ago
So, the scumbag lawyer suggest that someone else is responsible--not him or his accuser.

Typical scumbag.

Yeah!

It's like crying "fake news" every time something someone doesn't want to get out there.

You boys need to leave the land of Where Complicated Thoughts Go to Die …

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  A. Macarthur @12.1.1    6 years ago

How about a false affidavit? Try to get back to the topic

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
12.1.3  A. Macarthur  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.2    6 years ago
How about a false affidavit? Try to get back to the topic

How about a plaintiff who willingly takes a polygraph test while the defendant refuses? Admissible in court or not, one action is ON-THE-RECORD, the other, CONSCIOUSNESS-OF-GUILT.

How about tying the hands of the FBI instead of allowing the facts to take an investigation where it leads?

Stop crying "off-topic" to cover your asses when you count mount anything but dismissive, ad hominem commentary.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.4  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  A. Macarthur @12.1.3    6 years ago
How about a plaintiff who willingly takes a polygraph test while the defendant refuses?

She was an expert at passing polygraph tests. She trained somebody to do it and she lied under oath about it:

"In a letter to the Senate Judiciary Committee, an ex-boyfriend of Dr. Christine Blasey Ford says she once helped a friend “prepare for a potential polygraph exam,” leading committee chairman Charles Grassley to question whether the woman who has  accused Brett Kavanaugh of a teenage sexual assault  was truthful during Senate testimony last week. The friend he identifies, however, denied having been advised by Ford."
In the letter, the ex-boyfriend says Ford once helped ease the nerves of a friend who was preparing for a polygraph. Ford, the letter says, “explained in detail what to expect, how polygraphs worked, and helped [her friend] become familiar and less nervous about the exam.”

During the hearing, Arizona prosecutor Rachel Mitchell asked Ford if she’d ever had discussions with anyone, outside of her lawyers, about “how to take a polygraph.” Ford said she hadn’t.

Mitchell got more specific: “And I don’t just mean countermeasures, but I mean just any sort of tips, or anything like that?” Ford again said no.

Then Mitchell asked one more time: “Have you ever given tips or advice to somebody who was looking to take a polygraph test?”

“Never,” Ford said.

Stop crying "off-topic" 

Then stop dragging Trump into it every time you can't defend Avenatti

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  A. Macarthur @12    6 years ago

Yup, Trump is all powerful, yet not powerful enough to tame a biased media, the deep state or Obama judges who thwart legal directives of the executive branch or those hate filled liberals in congress.  But poor Avenatti who shot his mouth off for months was somehow sandbagged by the President. Sniff..Sniff..

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.2.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Release The Kraken @12.2.1    6 years ago
It's articles like this that show us little bits and pieces of who we really spend our time communicating with.

You put it so well and yes I want everyone to see it.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
12.2.3  A. Macarthur  replied to  Release The Kraken @12.2.1    6 years ago
A derail or trying to throw shiny things into the discussion is to accept violence against women, not good, no bueno, logical and moral fail.

If taking the position (as I have multiple times) … "If he is guilty as charged, he deserves to be punished accordingly,"  if that is "throwing shiny things to accept violence … , then you and I can't have an honest dialogue.

The implied part of my comment is  … "First allow a complete, impartial investigation," and, only then, decide innocence, guilt or not enough information."

The only DERAILS in this thread are those intended to mock and evade point-counter-point discussion … there's a reason the midterms have gone, and, continue to go towards "blue." Those who do what they do to put obstacles in the way of truth, voters and reporting reality for what it is …

Proverbs 11:29.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
12.2.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Release The Kraken @12.2.1    6 years ago
You're a kind and patient seeder, the off topic delusional derails have been many on this article.

Shocking that some simply can't stay on topicand condemn violence against women. It's articles like this that show us little bits and pieces of who we really spend our time communicating with.

A derail or trying to throw shiny things into the discussion is to accept violence against women, not good, no bueno, logical and moral fail.

Per recent rulings by the moderators this is all "meta" and should not be allowed to remain on this seed. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.2.5  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @12.2.4    6 years ago

Let's allow free speech

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
12.2.6  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.2.5    6 years ago

Don't tell me. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13  seeder  Vic Eldred    6 years ago

I want to thank all who participated. This discussion is closed for the night