George W. Bush Slips Michelle Obama a Piece of Candy (Again!) at His Father's Funeral Service

Via:  galen-marvin-ross  •  4 days ago  •  105 comments

George W. Bush Slips Michelle Obama a Piece of Candy (Again!) at His Father's Funeral Service
George W. Bush’s fondness for Michelle Obama was evident on Wednesday, as the grieving son snuck her what appeared to be a piece of candy at the state funeral for his father, former president George H.W. Bush.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

George W. Bush’s fondness for Michelle Obama was evident on Wednesday, as the grieving son snuck her what appeared to be a piece of candy at the state funeral for his father, former president George H.W. Bush.

The former president was greeting his predecessors and successors in the first row at the National Cathedral, when he removed what looked like candy from his pocket and handed it to Mrs. Obama. She smiled at the gesture.
Mrs. Obama, 54, was attending with her husband, former President Barack Obama. Obama and George W. Bush were two of the five living presidents in attendance for the funeral in Washington, D.C.
Earlier this year, Bush was seen on camera offering Mrs. Obama a piece of candy at John McCain’s funeral.
“[President Bush] is my partner in crime at every major thing where all the formers gather. So we’re together all the time, and I love him to death. He’s a wonderful man. He’s a funny man,” Mrs. Obama said during a visit on the Today show in October.
She went on to explain why she believed the bipartisan moment quickly went viral. “That’s what people are hungry for. … Party doesn’t separate us; color, gender, those kinds of things don’t separate us. It’s the message that we send,” she said.

Ahead of the services, the former first lady paid tribute to Bush Sr. by sharing a throwback photo of the late 41st president giving her a sweet kiss on the cheek in the Oval Office.

“As a public servant, father, and grandfather, President George H.W. Bush was an extraordinary example for us all. His spirit of service and decency will be missed by many, including our family,” she wrote. “I hope his memory will be a guiding light for our country and those around the world.”

In order to attend the funeral, Mrs. Obama cancelled her planned book tour appearances for her memoir, Becoming, in Paris and Berlin.
“It’s important to me to join the Bush family in celebrating President George H.W. Bush’s exemplary life,” she wrote on Twitter. “This will unfortunately preclude my visits to Paris and Berlin. I’ve been deeply touched by the enthusiasm for my memoir, and I’m working to reschedule my trip for next year.”
“I hope readers and ticket holders will understand my decision regarding my desire to attend President Bush’s funeral, and join me in paying tribute to him and his tremendous contributions to our world,” she added.

The world first witnessed the unlikely friendship between Mrs. Obama and Bush, 72, when they shared a hug at the opening of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture in 2016.

She noted in an interview with Bush’s daughter, Jenna Bush Hager, on Today, though that she and the former president — a Republican, and Mrs. Obama a Democrat — don’t agree on everything.
“We’re all Americans. We all care about our family our kids, and we’re trying to get ahead,” she told Bush Hager, adding, “We have different ideas about what’s the best way to get there.”
Following Thursday’s state funeral, Bush Sr.’s remains will be transported to Houston, where he lived. A second memorial service will also be held at St. Mary’s Episcopal Church in Houston at 11 a.m. local time on Thursday.
He will then be laid to rest at the George H.W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum at Texas A&M University. His late wife Barbara as well as their daughter Robin, who died at the age of three from leukemia, are also buried there.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
Galen Marvin Ross
1  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross    4 days ago

Nice to know that things are working so well between the Bush's and, the Obama's.

320Notice the look on Trumps face as George W. hands Michelle some candy passing up Melania.

Trout Giggles
1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1    4 days ago

You can tell that George and Michelle genuinely like each other.

It was very gracious and classy of her to cancel her book tour so she could attend the funeral

Vic Eldred
1.1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1    4 days ago
It was very gracious and classy of her to cancel her book tour so she could attend the funeral

Actually, that is what anyone would do in this case. It is called the appropriate thing to do. I thought it was very classy of W to reach out to the Obama's after Barak had blamed him for every malady in the world for all of 3 years.

Trout Giggles
1.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    3 days ago

You people just can't find any thing good to say about the former first lady, can you?

Galen Marvin Ross
1.1.3  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.2    3 days ago
You people just can't find any thing good to say about the former first lady, can you?

Their ODS runs really deep.

Rmando
1.1.4  Rmando  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.1.3    3 days ago

And you couldn't stop yourself from mentioning Trump in your first post.

Galen Marvin Ross
1.1.5  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Rmando @1.1.4    3 days ago
And you couldn't stop yourself from mentioning Trump in your first post.

Considering that the photo of the event shows plainly that everyone in the picture, except for Trump and, Melania are smiling at the gesture and, Trump is giving Michelle a look that could kill, yeah, I'm going to mention it.

Rmando
1.1.6  Rmando  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.1.5    3 days ago

And by mentioning it defeating the bipartisan point of the article. Or are you skilled at mind reading  and know exactly what Trump was thinking?

Galen Marvin Ross
1.1.7  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Rmando @1.1.6    3 days ago
Or are you skilled at mind reading  and know exactly what Trump was thinking?

Really? Look at Trumps face in the picture, do you really think he's thinking fuzzy thoughts at that moment?

Rmando
1.1.8  Rmando  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.1.7    3 days ago

I think he's looking at the people who left him the mess he has to clean up.

Trout Giggles
1.1.9  Trout Giggles  replied to  Rmando @1.1.8    3 days ago

He's not looking at anybody

Paula Bartholomew
1.1.10  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.1.5    3 days ago

He was just pissed that he didn't get a piece of candy too.

Galen Marvin Ross
1.1.11  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Rmando @1.1.8    3 days ago
I think he's looking at the people who left him the mess he has to clean up.

No, he's pissed because of two things, Michelle got candy and, he didn't and, he's not the center of attention here.

Vic Eldred
1.1.12  Vic Eldred  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.2    3 days ago

When there is I say it, but I don't praise her for doing what is expected like you did.

Dismayed Patriot
1.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1    4 days ago
Notice the look on Trumps face as George W. hands Michelle some candy passing up Melania.

It's times like these that we really get the stark picture of how different and un-Presidential Trump is when compared to so many former Presidents. Watching all the footage of Bush Sr and even watching George W's eulogy makes it clear that the era of sanity, civility and cooperation across the political aisle has come to an end. The intellectual debate over political policy and governance has been abandoned in favor of partisan bickering, demonizing an opponent and their policies regardless of how they might actually help or fix things. The conservative Republican wagons have been circled and are in full Trump protection mode even though it's Trump standing in the center of their circle with a metaphorical bull horn shouting insults at every ally and the majority of American citizens who disapprove of his job so far as President. At the same time he's shouting praise for authoritarians.

“I am certain that, at some time in the future, President Xi and I, together with President Putin of Russia, will start talking about a meaningful halt to what has become a major and uncontrollable Arms Race,” “The U.S. spent 716 Billion Dollars this year. Crazy!” DJT Tweet 12/3/18

Sure, turn to an authoritarian dictator bent on destroying America and a communist President for life to help you de-militarize America, that sounds like something a sane President would say. /s

He ignores or insults our allies, praises authoritarians, practically worships the mobster oligarchs in Russia, wishes we would all act more like the people of North Korea, "(Kim) speaks and his people sit up at attention. I want my people to do the same.", ignores the brutal murder of a Washington Post journalist and the CIA's assessment of who ordered the murder claiming we shouldn't stand up for human rights and the freedom of the press because the Saudi's buy weapons from us, so it's all okay.

Everything happening today is anathema to former Presidential norms, the class, grace, and American ideals of what the Presidency used to represent have all been shattered which is now magnified by the contrast seeing the ex-Presidents and First Ladies there with the current Commander in-Competent and his Third Lady.

r.t..b...
1.2.1  r.t..b...  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.2    4 days ago
The intellectual debate over political policy and governance has been abandoned in favor of partisan bickering, demonizing an opponent and their policies regardless of how they might actually help or fix things.

Bush 41 championed the necessity for intellectual debate. He viewed the Dems of his day less as enemies and more as challengers...honing his beliefs and policies in consideration of opposing viewpoints knowing that in cooperation they were made stronger. It must have been difficult for him to witness the downward spiral of public civility and decorum, but to the end, his class and genuineness never wavered.   R.I.P. 

Vic Eldred
1.2.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.2    4 days ago
It's times like these that we really get the stark picture of how different and un-Presidential Trump is when compared to so many former Presidents. Watching all the footage of Bush Sr and even watching George W's eulogy makes it clear that the era of sanity, civility and cooperation across the political aisle has come to an end. The intellectual debate over political policy and governance has been abandoned in favor of partisan bickering, demonizing an opponent and their policies regardless of how they might actually help or fix things. The conservative Republican wagons have been circled and are in full Trump protection mode even though it's Trump standing in the center of their circle with a metaphorical bull horn shouting insults at every ally and the majority of American citizens who disapprove of his job so far as President. At the same time he's shouting praise for authoritarians.

Yup, that is the liberal narrative. The left now uses the memory of President Bush 41 as a contrast to the man they loathe so much. I think it's great that we are so unified in remembering both Bush 41 and John McCain in a manner that they deserved to be remembered. A manner of treatment the left did NOT extend to hem when they were President and a young Senator respectively.

Galen Marvin Ross
1.2.3  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.2    4 days ago
I think it's great that we are so unified in remembering both Bush 41 and John McCain in a manner that they deserved to be remembered.

As Reagan would say, "There you go again", trying to separate the whole country into two segments, Left and, Right. I remember Bush as VP and, as president, I agreed with his foreign policy but, disagreed with his domestic policy, I thought and, still think he was a good man personally but, not that good at being president, he was a fair president and, over saw many things, like the end of the Cold War, Desert Storm but, domestically he wasn't able to get much done.

A manner of treatment the left did NOT extend to hem when they were President and a young Senator respectively.

McCain I didn't know that much about until he decided to run for president in the 2000 primary, I actually knew more about his predecessor Barry Goldwater than him. I thought he made a bad choice in VP picks in the 2008 election and, so, voted for Obama and, against Palin, not against McCain, I didn't want the Bimbo one heart beat away from the Oval Office.

WallyW
1.2.4  WallyW  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.2    3 days ago

A manner of treatment the left did NOT extend to hem when they were President and a young Senator respectively.

We clearly remember how the left treated Bush 41 and John McCain while they were alive and active in politics. Fear and loathing would best describe it.

Galen Marvin Ross
1.2.5  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  WallyW @1.2.4    3 days ago
We clearly remember how the left treated Bush 41 and John McCain while they were alive and active in politics. Fear and loathing would best describe it.

Here, let me repeat what I said earlier, it seems you missed it,

As Reagan would say, "There you go again", trying to separate the whole country into two segments, Left and, Right. I remember Bush as VP and, as president, I agreed with his foreign policy but, disagreed with his domestic policy, I thought and, still think he was a good man personally but, not that good at being president, he was a fair president and, over saw many things, like the end of the Cold War, Desert Storm but, domestically he wasn't able to get much done. McCain I didn't know that much about until he decided to run for president in the 2000 primary, I actually knew more about his predecessor Barry Goldwater than him. I thought he made a bad choice in VP picks in the 2008 election and, so, voted for Obama and, against Palin, not against McCain, I didn't want the Bimbo one heart beat away from the Oval Office.

SteevieGee
1.2.6  SteevieGee  replied to  WallyW @1.2.4    3 days ago

We clearly remember how the right treated the Clintons and the Obamas  while they were active in politics too. In fact you guys are still doing it.

Vic Eldred
1.2.7  Vic Eldred  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.2.3    3 days ago
trying to separate the whole country into two segments, Left and, Right

Actually, I was specifically singling out the radical left.

I agreed with his foreign policy but, disagreed with his domestic policy

What domestic policy?

I thought he made a bad choice in VP picks in the 2008 election and, so, voted for Obama and, against Palin, not against McCain, I didn't want the Bimbo one heart beat away from the Oval Office.

Lol, that's the reason you voted for Obama?   So if I accept your reasoning, you rejected McCain because he had someone who had no general knowledge as his VP and istead went over with someone who had Biden for a VP.  Wow!

Trout Giggles
1.2.8  Trout Giggles  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.7    2 days ago

Biden had experience in government. And he has a brain. Can't say the same for Palin

sandy-2021492
1.2.9  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.7    2 days ago

Comparing Biden, who commits the occasional gaffe but has never been known as a drunken idiot, to Palin, who repeatedly shows herself to be a drunken idiot (and self-righteous, to boot), is ridiculous.

Vic Eldred
1.2.10  Vic Eldred  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2.8    2 days ago

But that's not normally why someone decides to either vote for Obama or McCain....There were some differences there during the campaign...Even greater differences after Obama was elected and pulled back the veil.

Vic Eldred
1.2.11  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.9    2 days ago

I have to disagree. Aside from the lack of general knowledge of both there is the thought of either holding the office of President. I would be concerned about both...Palin because I would have no idea what she would do and Biden because I know he would follow the policies of Obama. Do you recall when President Obama tried to get him to run in the 2016 Primary?  If the dem primary ever had come down to Biden vs Hillary, I'd go for Hillary.  

KDMichigan
1.3  KDMichigan  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1    4 days ago
Notice the look on Trumps face

Ah yes the moment in time that describes everything to some.

You couldn't just go with the moment of friendship shown but had to make a dig out of it.

Seems kind of silly pointing this out when we all know Michelle is the Queen of resting bitch face. 

devangelical
1.4  devangelical  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1    4 days ago

The look on melania's face was even funnier. like a "you didn't bring enough for everyone?" look.

Vic Eldred
1.5  Vic Eldred  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1    4 days ago

George W Bush has given her candy before (kind of a private joke). It hardly qualifies as a news story, though it is a human moment.

Galen Marvin Ross
1.5.1  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.5    4 days ago
George W Bush has given her candy before (kind of a private joke).

Usually, those are between friends, wow, think of it, a Democratic First Lady friends with a Republican President, I find it interesting that the current FLOTUS didn't get anything but, a hand shake out to the deal, twice.

It hardly qualifies as a news story, though it is a human moment.

Nice to know SOME people still have the ability to be human.

Paula Bartholomew
1.5.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.5    3 days ago

I think it was a sweet gesture.

Vic Eldred
1.5.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.5.1    3 days ago
Usually, those are between friends, wow, think of it, a Democratic First Lady friends with a Republican President, I find it interesting that the current FLOTUS didn't get anything but, a hand shake out to the deal, twice.

The current FLOTUS only receives hate from those who hate.

Nice to know SOME people still have the ability to be human.

Yet look at the way W was demonized in the movie "W".

Vic Eldred
1.5.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.5.2    3 days ago

It was, by a sweet man.

Paula Bartholomew
1.5.5  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.5.4    3 days ago

Absolutely.

Galen Marvin Ross
1.5.6  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.5.3    2 days ago
The current FLOTUS only receives hate from those who hate.

Ahh, like Michelle did when Obama was president and, still is receiving to this very day.

Vic Eldred
1.5.7  Vic Eldred  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.5.6    2 days ago

Are you now going to search Google for an example?  She was among the many First Ladies who was well received. No First Lady should be treated any other way 

Galen Marvin Ross
1.5.8  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.5.7    yesterday
Are you now going to search Google for an example? 

Since you wrote this I guess you know there are thousands of examples, even on here I've seen her called Moocelle and, if I remember correctly, you thought that was funny.

She was among the many First Ladies who was well received. No First Lady should be treated any other way 

And, since you know I could find many examples, this statement is false.

Vic Eldred
1.5.9  Vic Eldred  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.5.8    7 hours ago
Since you wrote this I guess you know there are thousands of examples, even on here I've seen her called Moocelle and, if I remember correctly, you thought that was funny.

First you have me mixed up with someone else. I have been consistent that the families of politicians should be off limits. Second, if there are so many examples, I would expect you could give us at least one (though I know there may be one or two).. Instead you are empty handed. Basically Obama was worshiped by the media and the DNC. Weren't you living through those 8 years. If you doubt it just ask the Clintons. They thought the DNC & media turned on them as soon as Barak entered the primaries. You may not recall that either. It was supposed to be all about Hillary in 2008, just like 2016.

And, since you know I could find many examples, this statement is false.

Nope, you can't find more that one or two. The Obama's were well treated

Galen Marvin Ross
1.5.10  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.5.9    an hour ago
Nope, you can't find more that one or two. The Obama's were well treated

Yeah, sure,

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/jul/15/barackobama.usa

384384384Get the picture or, do you need more evidence?

1stwarrior
1.6  1stwarrior  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1    3 days ago

Don't think Trump is the topic.

Galen Marvin Ross
1.6.1  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  1stwarrior @1.6    3 days ago
Don't think Trump is the topic.

Just noticing that if looks could kill, Michelle would have been dead right then and, there.

It Is ME
2  It Is ME    4 days ago

"snuck her what appeared to be a piece of candy"

Someone needs to try and sweeten her up now and again.

She's such a "Sour Patch kid" all the time !

Galen Marvin Ross
2.1  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  It Is ME @2    4 days ago
Someone needs to try and sweeten her up now and again. She's such a "Sour Patch kid" all the time !

Nice to see you're still putting out childish comments about Michelle.

It Is ME
2.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @2.1    4 days ago
Nice to see you're still putting out childish comments about Michelle.

Truth is Truth.

Gotta HATE Truth.....huh ! jrSmiley_52_smiley_image.gif

MrFrost
2.1.2  MrFrost  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.1    3 days ago

I remember the right freaking out about Michelle Obama wearing a dress that *gasp* showed her arms... OMG! What an outrage!!!! But Malaria trump poses completely nude and the rights reaction? "She is so classy!!!!". 

Fake outrage much? 

Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו
2.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  It Is ME @2    4 days ago

[Removed]

Tessylo
2.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @2.2    4 days ago

Removed for context

It Is ME
2.2.2  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.1    4 days ago

removed for context

Dismayed Patriot
2.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  It Is ME @2    4 days ago
She's such a "Sour Patch kid" all the time !

“[President Bush] is my partner in crime at every major thing where all the formers gather. So we’re together all the time, and I love him to death. He’s a wonderful man. He’s a funny man,” Mrs. Obama said during a visit on the Today show in October.
She went on to explain why she believed the bipartisan moment quickly went viral. “That’s what people are hungry for. … Party doesn’t separate us; color, gender, those kinds of things don’t separate us. It’s the message that we send,” she said.

“As a public servant, father, and grandfather, President George H.W. Bush was an extraordinary example for us all. His spirit of service and decency will be missed by many, including our family,” she wrote. “I hope his memory will be a guiding light for our country and those around the world.”

She sounds so sour and bitter... /s

I've listened to many of her speeches and interviews and she doesn't seem "sour" at all. Now if you've only been replaying the one snippet Fox likes to use every time her name is mentioned, "For the first time in my adult life, I am really proud of my country because it feels like hope is finally making a comeback," then you might believe she's more sour than sweet, but you'd be sorely mistaken.

It Is ME
2.3.1  It Is ME  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.3    4 days ago
She went on to explain why she believed the bipartisan moment quickly went viral. “That’s what people are hungry for...

She's a LIAR !

Galen Marvin Ross
2.3.2  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  It Is ME @2.3.1    4 days ago
She's a LIAR !

You don't think that people are open to bipartisan relationships or, are you just calling her a liar to have something negative to say?

Tessylo
2.3.3  Tessylo  replied to  It Is ME @2.3.1    3 days ago

[deleted]

Paula Bartholomew
2.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  It Is ME @2    3 days ago

Seriously, lay off the kool aid.  It is making you myopic.

3  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו    4 days ago

"W" seems to have a thing for the former First Lady (the one that's not his wife).  Seems a bit creepy but she seems to like him, too. 

Galen Marvin Ross
3.1  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @3    4 days ago
W" seems to have a thing for the former First Lady (the one that's not his wife).  Seems a bit creepy but she seems to like him, too. 

Yep, it's called friendship.

3.1.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @3.1    4 days ago
Yep, it's called friendship.

But this candy passing thing W seems to have....cute or weird?  

321steve
3.1.2  321steve  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @3.1.1    4 days ago

I vote for weird but cute with the candy thing. 

It reminds me of a little thing my dad did with my sister, He'd pick up those those little Pillsbury Doughboy figurines whenever he saw one for a couple of bucks somewhere and gift it to her for the next B-day or christmas... She kinda hated those little things for some reason but it was an ongoing joke between them for years. 

sandy-2021492
3.1.3  sandy-2021492  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @3.1.1    4 days ago

Cute.  It's just a bit of a joke between them.

Galen Marvin Ross
3.1.4  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @3.1.1    4 days ago

Cute.

MrFrost
3.1.5  MrFrost  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @3.1.1    3 days ago

I think it's just a trend the two started a long time ago... No harm in it. 

lady in black
5  lady in black    4 days ago

Here's a little bit more info on the candy.....too funny....

Observant viewers of Wednesday's funeral for George H.W. Bush likely saw son George W. Bush slip Michelle Obama something before taking his seat. 

So, what did he hand her?

Likely a cough drop or mint, perhaps even one that's many years old. 

The exchange is part of an inside joke between the two, who have become close friends over the years.

A similar handoff at Sen. John McCain's funeral in September was caught on video, and the former first lady later explained what it was all about on a segment of NBC's Today Show. George W. Bush and Obama are often seated next to each other at official functions. In that particular moment, Bush gave her an Altoid from his wife and former first lady, Laura Bush. 

"He is my partner in crime at every major thing where all the formers gather,” Obama said. “So we’re together all the time, and I love him to death. He’s a wonderful man. He’s a funny man.”

She noted that they were "old cough drops."

"That’s the funny thing, because they were in the little White House box, and I was like, ‘How long have you had these?’ And he said, ‘A long time, we got a lot of these!'"

On Wednesday, Bush reached into his pocket as he walked up the aisle for his father's funeral. He leaned over to shake hands with President Donald Trump, first lady Melania Trump and former president Barack Obama.

And when he got to Michelle Obama, the exchange took place.

One can only wonder about whether whatever he handed her has an expiration date, and just how many Bush has left.

Kavika
6  Kavika     4 days ago

Kudos to Mrs. Obama and President Bush for showing a very human side...

Split Personality
6.1  Split Personality  replied to  Kavika @6    4 days ago

Absolutely!

squiggy
7  squiggy    4 days ago

Cancelled a book hawk - oh the pain.

Paula Bartholomew
7.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  squiggy @7    3 days ago

Pffft.  If Trump currently had a book out there, he would blow off his own funeral to go to the signing.

Tacos!
8  Tacos!    4 days ago

Aww, that's nice. jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

1stwarrior
9  1stwarrior    4 days ago

[Deleted]

Dismayed Patriot
9.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  1stwarrior @9    4 days ago

Removed for context

The article is about Michelle and G.W., not Grandma Clinton, no matter how badly you want it to be. This memorial to Bush Sr. reminds us all what a real President looked and acted like, a refreshing vacation from the pussy grabber in chief who is a constant embarrassment to all Americans with any conscience and self respect.

Paula Bartholomew
9.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @9.1    3 days ago

Bush was a class act his entire life.  The Bush children were lucky to have him as a father.

Galen Marvin Ross
9.2  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  1stwarrior @9    4 days ago

removed for context

WallyW
9.2.1  WallyW  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @9.2    3 days ago

Removed for context

Galen Marvin Ross
9.2.2  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  WallyW @9.2.1    3 days ago
Removed for context

Strange, George W. didn't seem to have a problem with it, he went straight down the line and, shook the hands of everyone of the presidents and, the first lady's.

ArkansasHermit-too
9.2.3  ArkansasHermit-too  replied to  WallyW @9.2.1    3 days ago
Deleted for context

They were all sitting in the front row for Christ sake. 

_104629950_frontpew2_976reuters.jpg

President Bush had no problem acknowledging each & every one of the previous Presidents and their spouses.

resized_1544028039135_6488990_ver1.0_640

bush-trump-1stld-writethru-346cbaae-f8ea

181205140020-36-bush-funeral-1205-super-

Deleted

Paula Bartholomew
9.2.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @9.2.2    3 days ago

That is because he is also a class act just like his father was.

KDMichigan
9.3  KDMichigan  replied to  1stwarrior @9    3 days ago

Removed for context

1stwarrior
9.3.1  1stwarrior  replied to  KDMichigan @9.3    3 days ago

Removed for context

JohnRussell
10  JohnRussell    3 days ago

Watching Trump try to be socially appropriate in public is hilarious. He knows that normal human beings consider him to be a blowhard scumbag, so he is forever at ill ease when trying to do normal things.

Paula Bartholomew
10.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @10    3 days ago

It is more SOP for him than it is hilarious.

lady in black
11  lady in black    3 days ago

Love the folded arms and scowl 

2018-12-06T010743Z_1_LYNXMPEEB504U_RTROP

Deleted

Texan1211
11.1  Texan1211  replied to  lady in black @11    3 days ago

Deleted

Trout Giggles
11.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1    3 days ago

Deleted

Texan1211
11.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Trout Giggles @11.1.1    3 days ago

Deleted

Trout Giggles
11.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.2    3 days ago

Deleted

lady in black
11.1.4  lady in black  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1    3 days ago

Deleted

cms5
11.1.5  cms5  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1    3 days ago

[Deleted]

Texan1211
11.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  Trout Giggles @11.1.3    3 days ago

[Deleted]

Texan1211
11.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  lady in black @11.1.4    3 days ago

Deleted

Trout Giggles
11.1.8  Trout Giggles  replied to  cms5 @11.1.5    3 days ago

Deleted

Trout Giggles
11.1.9  Trout Giggles  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.6    3 days ago

Deleted

Tessylo
11.1.10  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @11.1.8    3 days ago

Deleted

Texan1211
11.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  Trout Giggles @11.1.9    3 days ago

Deleted

Trout Giggles
11.1.12  Trout Giggles  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.11    3 days ago

Deleted

cms5
11.1.13  cms5  replied to  Trout Giggles @11.1.8    3 days ago

[Deleted]

r.t..b...
11.2  r.t..b...  replied to  lady in black @11    3 days ago
the Apostle's Creed

Thinking it the latest Sly Stallone picture, became confused and spent the remainder of the service looking for the projection screen. And really jonesing for a piece of candy.

Trout Giggles
11.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  lady in black @11    3 days ago

In Melania's defense she does look like she's praying here

Split Personality
11.3.1  Split Personality  replied to  Trout Giggles @11.3    3 days ago

for deliverance?

Galen Marvin Ross
11.3.2  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Split Personality @11.3.1    3 days ago

Galen Marvin Ross
11.3.3  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @11.3.2    3 days ago

Couldn't help it. Now, back to the topic.

Paula Bartholomew
11.3.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @11.3.2    3 days ago

DB was the first thing I learned to play on the banjo.

Paula Bartholomew
11.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  lady in black @11    3 days ago

His body language speaks volumes and none of it good.

MrFrost
11.5  MrFrost  replied to  lady in black @11    3 days ago

Of course, he wasn't the center of attention. No matter what it is, trump is pissed if he isn't the center of attention. 

lady in black
11.5.1  lady in black  replied to  MrFrost @11.5    3 days ago

It probably killed him that he was muzzled from giving any sort of speech.

cms5
12  cms5    3 days ago

Yes, G.W. is a class act. He learned that from his father...G.H.W. will be missed by many.

MrFrost
12.1  MrFrost  replied to  cms5 @12    3 days ago

Agreed, wholeheartedly. 

devangelical
13  devangelical    6 hours ago

it wasn't a piece of candy, it was a note. the note said "FYI - the pornstar sitting next to your husband is staring at his crotch whenever we bow our heads in prayer"