╌>

‘Whiteness’ Forum Denounces The Christian Cartoon ‘Veggietales’ As Racist

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  badfish-hd-h-u  •  6 years ago  •  43 comments

‘Whiteness’ Forum Denounces The Christian Cartoon ‘Veggietales’ As Racist
VeggieTales” have ethnic accents, such as Latino, while the heroic characters sound white.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Where are the vegans in defense of Veggietales?

Via   Daily Wire:

Apparently, as the Christian cartoon “VeggieTales” was teaching children about the Bible, it was also secretly teaching them to hate people of color.

According to The College Fix, Cal State San Marcos held a so-called “Whiteness Forum” last Thursday where a variety of topics pertaining to America’s systemic racism was discussed. The two-hour event featured more than a dozen poster board projects critiquing various aspects of society. On top of lambasting the NFL and white women for perpetuating racism, the cartoon where talking vegetables perform biblical stories for children somehow found its way into the discussion, with speakers alleging it portrays racial stereotypes.

“The Christian cartoon ‘VeggieTales’ is racist because the villains are vegetables of color,” The College Fix reports the forum as saying.

A female student who worked on the forum told The College Fix that the villains in “VeggieTales” have ethnic accents, such as Latino, while the heroic characters sound white.

“When kids see the good white character triumph over the bad person of color character, they are taught that white is right and minorities are the source of evil,” the project stated.

Keep on reading…

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2  Texan1211    6 years ago

Lettuce hope this is the end of bad puns!

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
3  Rmando    6 years ago

A few years ago this would've seemed like a spoof or a practical joke because nobody could be this idiotic or ridiculous. But I guess this is what happens when you witness Idiocracy in real time.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1  Texan1211  replied to  Rmando @3    6 years ago

Yes, a couple of decades ago, this would have been a satire piece.

Nowadays, it is necessary to look and make sure!

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
3.2  lennylynx  replied to  Rmando @3    6 years ago

You nailed it Armando!  Idiocracy in real time is EXACTLY what's happening in America right now.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  lennylynx @3.2    6 years ago

Right, because some "see" things that aren't there--like racism in a fucking cartoon!

And then bitch, whine and moan about their perceived "slight".

Toughen up, cupcakes!

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
3.2.2  Rmando  replied to  lennylynx @3.2    6 years ago

Glad to see you agree with me, but I'm not sure if we're on the same page.

zuksam
Junior Silent
3.3  zuksam  replied to  Rmando @3    6 years ago

Idiocracy is when they complain that The Simpsons character Apu is a racist stereotype then complain that The Simpsons producers don't use an Indian Actor for Apu's voice.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4  Texan1211    6 years ago

Okay, I'll bite.

Why is the college holding a "Whiteness Forum"?

Couldn't they just call it a "Progressive Liberal Bitchfest"?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6  Tacos!    6 years ago

Well, this is a bit of a pickle. Cartoons infested with racism are the carrot and the stick they use to reel in the little couch potatoes, I guess - at least those with eyes to see and ears to hear. Hmm, that one might be too corny.

Anyway, I don't know how many will swallow this theory, at least not without some ranch dressing on the side. I, for one, didn't just fall off the turnip truck, you know. In the salad days of my youth, a cartoon was just a cartoon. The SJWs are outraged of course, but I will remain cool as a cucumber and offer this olive branch.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tacos! @6    6 years ago

Nice job!

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
6.2  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Tacos! @6    6 years ago

In the salad days of my youth, a cartoon was just a cartoon.

This isn't your youth. Today cartoons are so much more like reality. The adults who make them can't resist making them these cartoons with an agenda, much like the developer themselves have. Go figure. 

And the division is passed down. 

Good Luck America

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.2.1  Tacos!  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @6.2    6 years ago
The adults who make them can't resist making them these cartoons with an agenda

Sure, and there has always been some of that. However, the notion that there is an agenda in these cartoons to demonize people of color is pretty silly. The people with the nefarious agenda are the ones who came up with that silly idea.

Sophomore Guide
6.2.2  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Tacos! @6.2.1    6 years ago
Sure, and there has always been some of that. However, the notion that there is an agenda in these cartoons to demonize people of color is pretty silly.

Whether to demonise people of color or not as you say  there has always been some of that going on. I'd say from what little I've read about it now it probably still is going on. When race or nationality is normally portrayed in a negative fashion repeatedly these days it's being called out, not long ago it was ether laughed at, ignored or overlooked. That's what's changed. 

Sophomore Guide
6.2.3  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Tacos! @6.2.1    6 years ago
The people with the nefarious agenda are the ones who came up with that silly idea.

I may call it an agenda but I think that's kinda the wrong sometimes besides an agenda in them there is still what I think some of what is in these cartoons the word that fits it better is racism. 

racism and agendas the adults either subconsciously have or are willingly and knowingly promoting and pushing on to the next generation. 

BTW: This is not new. People bitchin about it is. 

lol