‘Whiteness’ Forum Denounces The Christian Cartoon ‘Veggietales’ As Racist

Via:  badfish-hd-h-u  •  4 days ago  •  43 comments

‘Whiteness’ Forum Denounces The Christian Cartoon ‘Veggietales’ As Racist
VeggieTales” have ethnic accents, such as Latino, while the heroic characters sound white.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Where are the vegans in defense of Veggietales?

Via Daily Wire:

Apparently, as the Christian cartoon “VeggieTales” was teaching children about the Bible, it was also secretly teaching them to hate people of color.

According to The College Fix, Cal State San Marcos held a so-called “Whiteness Forum” last Thursday where a variety of topics pertaining to America’s systemic racism was discussed. The two-hour event featured more than a dozen poster board projects critiquing various aspects of society. On top of lambasting the NFL and white women for perpetuating racism, the cartoon where talking vegetables perform biblical stories for children somehow found its way into the discussion, with speakers alleging it portrays racial stereotypes.

“The Christian cartoon ‘VeggieTales’ is racist because the villains are vegetables of color,” The College Fix reports the forum as saying.

A female student who worked on the forum told The College Fix that the villains in “VeggieTales” have ethnic accents, such as Latino, while the heroic characters sound white.

“When kids see the good white character triumph over the bad person of color character, they are taught that white is right and minorities are the source of evil,” the project stated.

Keep on reading…

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
badfish hαηd ⊕ƒ †hε Ωuεεη
1  seeder  badfish hαηd ⊕ƒ †hε Ωuεεη    4 days ago

We have to beet Racism wherever it grows.

WallyW
1.1  WallyW  replied to  badfish hαηd ⊕ƒ †hε Ωuεεη @1    4 days ago

It appears to be under every rock and tree these days. That's why nobody pays any attention to cries of "racism" anymore.

1.1.1  seeder  badfish hαηd ⊕ƒ †hε Ωuεεη  replied to  WallyW @1.1    4 days ago

Well when you run out of people to accuse of racism, naturally you move on to veggies and then fruits.

TTGA
1.1.2  TTGA  replied to  badfish hαηd ⊕ƒ †hε Ωuεεη @1.1.1    3 days ago
naturally you move on to veggies and then fruits.

OOPS!!  Sorry Fish, can't use fruits, that would be homophobic.  It would seem that we have arrived at the point where we can say NOTHING because it might be considered a code word for something offensive to someone; exactly who doesn't matter as long as it rips our society (what's left of it) apart.  After all, to destroy a nation, first destroy the society that supports it by making everything that society says or does offend the current bogeyman.  I've heard this before and remembered where; it's what the KGB "advisers" were teaching the war protesters back in the 60's and 70's.  Straight out of the Stalin playbook.

squiggy
1.2  squiggy  replied to  badfish hαηd ⊕ƒ †hε Ωuεεη @1    4 days ago

Now the race police have to takedown Jeff Dunham and that flaming, bigoted Jalapeno On A Stick.

Texan1211
1.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  squiggy @1.2    4 days ago

Can't forget about Achmed, too!

lennylynx
1.2.2  lennylynx  replied to  squiggy @1.2    4 days ago

I sure miss our Laverne and Shirley days...

squiggy
1.2.3  squiggy  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.1    4 days ago

Oh, yea. Take out Walter for his white privilege and they're left with the gay purple queer.

Texan1211
1.2.4  Texan1211  replied to  squiggy @1.2.3    4 days ago

Naw--they'd let the Bubba guy alone--it reinforces their stereotypes of Southerners.

Even if he IS white!

MUVA
1.2.5  MUVA  replied to  squiggy @1.2    4 days ago

I love that one and sweet daddy I have the white folks picking cotton and other classic.

arkpdx
1.2.6  arkpdx  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.1    4 days ago

Or Sweet Daddy D. 

squiggy
1.2.7  squiggy  replied to  MUVA @1.2.5    3 days ago

I haven't seen Sweet Daddy. The purple queer thing is the tall lanky, goofy thing.

Gordy327
1.2.8  Gordy327  replied to  squiggy @1.2.7    3 days ago

That's Peanut. He often has a rivalry with Jalapeño on a stick.

321steve
1.2.9  321steve  replied to  Gordy327 @1.2.8    3 days ago

https://youtu.be/kYAqQGEHg7I?t=24

Gordy327
1.2.10  Gordy327  replied to  321steve @1.2.9    3 days ago

Classic Jeff Dunham.

321steve
1.2.11  321steve  replied to  Gordy327 @1.2.10    3 days ago
Classic Jeff Dunham.

I Love that thru his puppets he can say stuff many other comedians cant get away with anymore. 

Gordy327
1.2.12  Gordy327  replied to  321steve @1.2.11    3 days ago

Many times its Walter that says otherwise questionable things.

321steve
1.2.13  321steve  replied to  Gordy327 @1.2.12    3 days ago

LOL.. That's probably why Walter is my favorite. 

He represents a time gone by. 

It's funny as Hell usually  !

NOW

321steve
1.2.14  321steve  replied to  Gordy327 @1.2.12    3 days ago

AS I got older I gained an appreciation for speaking your mind. LOL

Walter is the epitome of it. Rock on Walter ! 

Gordy327
1.2.15  Gordy327  replied to  321steve @1.2.13    3 days ago

Walter is awesome. As is his constant sour expression. Throw in Achmed and Peanut, and you have the trifecta of hilarity. 

Gordy327
1.2.16  Gordy327  replied to  321steve @1.2.13    3 days ago
That's probably why Walter is my favorite. 

I would have to go with Achmed. If for no other reason than his catchphrase: "SILENCE! I keel you!" puts him a small step above the others. Have you ever seen the animated special "Achmed saves America?" 

Dismayed Patriot
1.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  badfish hαηd ⊕ƒ †hε Ωuεεη @1    3 days ago

I've watched the show with my daughter and the fact is, they're right. The main characters all have mostly lovable American voices (some are whiny and annoying but that's to be expected from evangelicals I guess), some with even a slight southern affectation, while nearly all the villains have thick Mexican accents or Middle Eastern accents. On top of that it's overtly Christian themed to the point of pushing more Christianity on kids than any supposed good morals found within. My daughter watched like four episodes and then said "I don't like this show anymore, can I watch something else?". I had debated with myself after the first episode whether I should allow her to watch such blatant attempts at indoctrination but decided not to try and ban her from it but let her make her own decision.

Is Veggietales overtly racist? No, but they were certainly created for the WASP youth and do contain their faith's same subversive racism.

Paula Bartholomew
1.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  badfish hαηd ⊕ƒ †hε Ωuεεη @1    3 days ago

Did you mean beat?  Beets are a vegetable I think.

Gordy327
1.4.1  Gordy327  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.4    3 days ago

I think he was making a pun.

1.4.2  seeder  badfish hαηd ⊕ƒ †hε Ωuεεη  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.4    3 days ago

PUN....

Texan1211
2  Texan1211    4 days ago

Lettuce hope this is the end of bad puns!

2.1  seeder  badfish hαηd ⊕ƒ †hε Ωuεεη  replied to  Texan1211 @2    4 days ago

We have to squash racism. It typically grows in the country pumpkin patches.

Rmando
3  Rmando    4 days ago

A few years ago this would've seemed like a spoof or a practical joke because nobody could be this idiotic or ridiculous. But I guess this is what happens when you witness Idiocracy in real time.

Texan1211
3.1  Texan1211  replied to  Rmando @3    4 days ago

Yes, a couple of decades ago, this would have been a satire piece.

Nowadays, it is necessary to look and make sure!

lennylynx
3.2  lennylynx  replied to  Rmando @3    4 days ago

You nailed it Armando!  Idiocracy in real time is EXACTLY what's happening in America right now.

Texan1211
3.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  lennylynx @3.2    4 days ago

Right, because some "see" things that aren't there--like racism in a fucking cartoon!

And then bitch, whine and moan about their perceived "slight".

Toughen up, cupcakes!

Rmando
3.2.2  Rmando  replied to  lennylynx @3.2    4 days ago

Glad to see you agree with me, but I'm not sure if we're on the same page.

zuksam
3.3  zuksam  replied to  Rmando @3    3 days ago

Idiocracy is when they complain that The Simpsons character Apu is a racist stereotype then complain that The Simpsons producers don't use an Indian Actor for Apu's voice.

Texan1211
4  Texan1211    4 days ago

Okay, I'll bite.

Why is the college holding a "Whiteness Forum"?

Couldn't they just call it a "Progressive Liberal Bitchfest"?

squiggy
5  squiggy    4 days ago

"Another project also denounced the NFL as a racist institution that exploits the talents of mostly black athletes for rich white owners."

Perhaps these snowflakes can follow my lead as I have personally accepted that I don't qualify for a $50million sports job because my fat white ass is just too slow. Otherwise, I'd be a ball bitch.

Tacos!
6  Tacos!    4 days ago

Well, this is a bit of a pickle. Cartoons infested with racism are the carrot and the stick they use to reel in the little couch potatoes, I guess - at least those with eyes to see and ears to hear. Hmm, that one might be too corny.

Anyway, I don't know how many will swallow this theory, at least not without some ranch dressing on the side. I, for one, didn't just fall off the turnip truck, you know. In the salad days of my youth, a cartoon was just a cartoon. The SJWs are outraged of course, but I will remain cool as a cucumber and offer this olive branch.

Trout Giggles
6.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tacos! @6    3 days ago

Nice job!

6.1.1  seeder  badfish hαηd ⊕ƒ †hε Ωuεεη  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.1    3 days ago

Great way to explantain that!

321steve
6.2  321steve  replied to  Tacos! @6    3 days ago

In the salad days of my youth, a cartoon was just a cartoon.

This isn't your youth. Today cartoons are so much more like reality. The adults who make them can't resist making them these cartoons with an agenda, much like the developer themselves have. Go figure. 

And the division is passed down. 

Good Luck America

Tacos!
6.2.1  Tacos!  replied to  321steve @6.2    3 days ago
The adults who make them can't resist making them these cartoons with an agenda

Sure, and there has always been some of that. However, the notion that there is an agenda in these cartoons to demonize people of color is pretty silly. The people with the nefarious agenda are the ones who came up with that silly idea.

321steve
6.2.2  321steve  replied to  Tacos! @6.2.1    3 days ago
Sure, and there has always been some of that. However, the notion that there is an agenda in these cartoons to demonize people of color is pretty silly.

Whether to demonise people of color or not as you say  there has always been some of that going on. I'd say from what little I've read about it now it probably still is going on. When race or nationality is normally portrayed in a negative fashion repeatedly these days it's being called out, not long ago it was ether laughed at, ignored or overlooked. That's what's changed. 

321steve
6.2.3  321steve  replied to  Tacos! @6.2.1    3 days ago
The people with the nefarious agenda are the ones who came up with that silly idea.

I may call it an agenda but I think that's kinda the wrong sometimes besides an agenda in them there is still what I think some of what is in these cartoons the word that fits it better is racism. 

racism and agendas the adults either subconsciously have or are willingly and knowingly promoting and pushing on to the next generation. 

BTW: This is not new. People bitchin about it is. 

lol  

7  seeder  badfish hαηd ⊕ƒ †hε Ωuεεη    4 days ago

If only The Whitness forum was televised?

A bunch of White SJW slobs that never got invited to the campus parties trying to find a cause.

Get some zit remover and a Gym membership!

Then get a life.....