╌>

Trump warned that a Democrat win would crash the market

Category:  Op/Ed

Via:  adf-frc-cwa-fair-cis-lc-fan-1  •  6 years ago  •  26 comments

Trump warned that a Democrat win would crash the market
The president took to Twitter on October 31 to warn: "The Stock Market is up massively since the Election, but is now taking a little pause – people want to see what happens with the Midterms. If you want your Stocks to go down, I strongly suggest voting Democrat. They like the Venezuela financial model, High Taxes & Open Borders! Maybe it's time to rebrand the Democrats as the party of the rich."

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

President Trump has been proven right after warning America's rich that voting for Democrats in the 2018 midterms would crash U.S. stock markets.

The president took to Twitter on October 31 to  warn : "The Stock Market is up massively since the Election, but is now taking a little pause – people want to see what happens with the Midterms.  If you want your Stocks to go down, I strongly suggest voting Democrat.  They like the Venezuela financial model, High Taxes & Open Borders!  Maybe it's time to rebrand the Democrats as the party of the rich."  

Many progressive Democrats have been cheering for an American economic disaster, if it would politically undermine Donald Trump's populist support.  The host of Politically Incorrect , Bill Maher, who has am  over $100 million  net worth, passionately  stated in June :

211083_5_.png I think one way to get rid of Trump is a crashing economy.  So please bring on a recession. Sorry if it hurts people, but its either root for a recession or lose your democracy.

Maher seems to be getting his wish since the November 6 elections.  The Standard & Poor's 500 stock index led by Silicon Valley tech giant shares is down 10.6 percent in the month for the worst December plunge since 1931 during the Great Depression.

Although Democrats claim to be the party of social justice for the poor, Williams College political science professor Darrel Paul's  2018 analysis  of wealthy Congressional districts found that the real story surrounding the Democrat's 40-seat gain to take control of the U.S. House of Representatives was due to "the swing of the rich toward the Democrats."

The nonpartisan OpenSecrets website that tracks Federal Election Commission (FEC) campaign filings for political spending  found that midterm spending hit a record $5.2 billion in 2018, up over a third from the $3.8 billion in 2014 and triple the $1.6 billion in 1998.

Republicans in the five prior congressional midterms spent slightly more than Democrats each cycle.  But 2018 Democrat candidates spent $2.53 billion versus about $2.20 billion for Republican candidates, a $330-million " blue wave " cash advantage.

OpenSecrets found that Democrats concentrated their funding advantage on the 435 U.S. House seats, where Democratic candidates raised $951 million versus just $637 million for Republican contenders. That gave Democrats a massive 49-percent funding advantage.

The Center for Responsive Politics  found that with the rise of Democrat Barack Obama since 2008, Silicon Valley's annual lobbying expenditures skyrocketed by  800 percent , from $17.8 million to $139.5 million.  CRP wrote, "Just as water flows downhill, money in politics flows to where the power is."  

The TechCrunch named Silicon Valley the " Valley of the Democrats " after PayPal cofounder and top venture capitalist Peter Thiel  commented  in a 2015 interview that 83 percent of political contributions by the area's tech executives went solely to Democrats.

When Thiel announced he was leaving America's tech capital in February, he  commented  that although Silicon Valley claims to have been incredibly successful for America over the last decade, "I think the truth has been more one of specific success, but more general failure."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1  seeder  XXJefferson51    6 years ago

.........The playbook is always the same but has different variations.

No matter how much Trump helps minorities and women move up the economic ladder and no matter how many immigrants are let in each year, journalists and other Democrats just repeat over and over again that Trump is a racist, xenophobe, and sexist and say how divisive he is.

The DNC won't let anyone in government see their computers, but we are told over and over again that Russians hacked them with no evidence.

There never has been any actual evidence of Russian collusion with Trump, but that is repeated over and over again as if it were absolutely true.

Without evidence, we were told over and over again how Brett Kavanaugh abused women.

No matter how many times experts flip and flop between warming and cooling, and no matter how many times they adjust numbers when their predictions don't match the actual climate, we are told over and over that humans, CO2, and fossil fuels are causing warming and the science is settled.

No matter how good the economic statistics, we are told over and over again that a recession is coming up to discourage Americans and to lower Trump's approval.  Never mind that many of these same people said the economy could never grow this fast and that Trump's policies would have crashed the economy by now.......    https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/12/democrats_keep_being_wrong_and_keep_demanding_we_believe_them.html

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1  MrFrost  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    6 years ago
Trump is a racist, xenophobe, and sexist and say how divisive he is.

Walls, shitting on our allies....xenophobe. 

The others? You make this way too easy HA.. 

Sexist? Divisive?

Oh, please.. LOL

512 512

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
1.1.1  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  MrFrost @1.1    6 years ago
Walls, shitting on our allies....xenophobe. 

Walls make you a xenophobe???? I guess Pelosie is one then too. Have you seen the one around her house???

Speaking of shitting on your allies--isn't this exactly what ALL those assholes in D.C. are doing?  When they aren't busy shitting on each other, they're shitting on us!

Maybe NOW you ALL will begin to realize that no matter WHAT Party is in power, THEY DO NOT WORK FOR US!  They work for themselves and their Corporate Sponsors! T-Rump was voted in not because he was anywhere near being anti-Corporatism, he was voted in because he was a Political Outsider with enough money of his own to launch a serious campaign. We are sick and tired of the career politicians but since they are the ones running things, we have very limited recourse when it comes to bringing them to heel.  This is how we wind up with assholes for Presidents, and (almost) witches for Representatives...we'll vote for just about anyone who can buy enough ad time to get their name recognized at the polls...as long as they aren't career politicians! Other than that, our choices is limited to Bad, Worse, or Far Worse at the polls.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
1.1.2  Cerenkov  replied to  MrFrost @1.1    6 years ago

So..  nothing.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1.3  MrFrost  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @1.1.1    6 years ago
Walls make you a xenophobe???? I guess Pelosie is one then too. Have you seen the one around her house???

LMAO!!!!!! Yea, that wall and trumps wall..I mean, fence are the same thing... jrSmiley_23_smiley_image.gif We'll stop here if that's all you have.. 

Thanks! 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.4  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.3    6 years ago

There is nothing wrong with a wall and channeling would be immigrants through set points or ports of entry.  No one is denying legal immigrants approved temporary workers, and legitimate asylum seekers entry into this country.  We do need to control for trafficked kids and women, illegal drugs, and terrorists mixed in with would be illegals.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.5  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  MrFrost @1.1    6 years ago

That post is so blatantly off topic.  

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
1.1.6  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.3    6 years ago

A wall is a wall. Some are tall and some are small but all are walls! I'm  hoping you aren't  dismissing hers because it is smaller than the one he is try8ng to build since both are being used for exactly the same things; keeping out those who are not entering properly, and for security purposes by knowing who exactly is entering the border they guard. Makes sense actually when you put aside the partisanship glasses really. After all, a majority of the Democrats opposing The Wall are the same ones that were "for it before I wuz agin it"...

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
1.2  Studiusbagus  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    6 years ago
No matter how good the economic statistics, we are told over and over again that a recession is coming up to discourage Americans and to lower Trump's approval.  Never mind that many of these same people said the economy could never grow this fast and that Trump's policies would have crashed the economy by now.......  

Bullshit.

And I'll use my owncomment history to prove it.

I have pointed out the market and the coming retail implosion for over a year. 

The question has been the same "This is coming, he and the Republicans are ignoring all the signs, what is he going to do about this?"

And I got the same "only because you're a hater" bullshit, and absolutely nothing in a serious response from you except some canned "shining city on a hill" crap.

Now the shit is hitting the fan and as I also predicted, Trump and then his followers will try to find a way to blame it on the Democrats.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2  MrFrost    6 years ago

It's still a republican congress and a republican president. After yelling and screaming that trump and ONLY trump was responsible for the DJIA rising, now that it's sliding downhill... "It's the democrats fault!!!".. Of course it is. And exactly what policies have the dems passed in the last two years that has caused this? None. Not one. Republicans own it. 

The single biggest gauge of consumer confidence is the DJIA.. If it falls, that means that consumer confidence is falling. What could be causing that? Trade wars which ONLY benefit the wealthy and severely damage the middle class as consumer products rise in price. Tax cuts for the rich while shitting on the working middle class. And a president that is mentally unstable which makes our biggest allies and trading partners unwilling to trade with us. 

Since reagan, the economy has always done better under a democrat president. FACT. 

It was a democrat controlled congress and a democrat president that got us out of the worst REPUBLICAN led financial crisis since 1929. When GWB took office, he was handed a country that had the largest economic growth in almost 40 years. When he left office? The country was in the worst shape it had been since 1929....and he had a republican congress for 6 of his 8 years. Spin all you like, the repubs own the "Great Recession". 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  MrFrost @2    6 years ago

Actually the democrats controlled both houses of congress for the last two years when the recession began to appear right after their election.  Their refusal to reform Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae led directly to the recession which Bush prevented the worst from happening and set the recovery in motion.  

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1    6 years ago

Like I said HA, the economy doesn't change over night. Saying the economy fell apart the day after the dems won is a flat out lie. The crash had been coming for a few years. Our economy doesn't change over night. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3  MrFrost    6 years ago

Small changes affect the market in ~9 months or so, larger changes? ~18 months.... If the stock market is heading downhill...it's ALL on the republicans. 

Remember repubs, when you took over congress and won the presidency, the left warned you to not blame the dems because you run the government. Elections have consequences, so OWN it if the economy crashes. This BS of, "well, the dems took the house and over night, the economy fell apart" bullshit simply wont fly. 

But who are we kidding, dems haven't even taken over the house and trump is already laying blame... What a fucking moron. 

JBB
Professor Principal
4  JBB    6 years ago

With the gop controlling all branches of government a market crash was inevitalble. 

The irresponsible fiscal policy of the damn gop is responsible for the market crash...

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  JBB @4    6 years ago

“Maher seems to be getting his wish since the November 6 elections.  The Standard & Poor's 500 stock index led by Silicon Valley tech giant shares is down 10.6 percent in the month for the worst December plunge since 1931 during the Great Depression.

Although Democrats claim to be the party of social justice for the poor, Williams College political science professor Darrel Paul's 2018 analysis of wealthy Congressional districts found that the real story surrounding the Democrat's 40-seat gain to take control of the U.S. House of Representatives was due to "the swing of the rich toward the Democrats."”

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
5  Steve Ott    6 years ago

So all the good is rump and all the bad is Democrats. Gotcha.

It only makes sense of course if rump is infallible. Which of course makes him...god?

Talk to me about a down market when the DJI hits 15K.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Steve Ott @5    6 years ago

Is that your wish for our country?  

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
5.1.1  Steve Ott  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.1    6 years ago

Is what my wish? I didn't know this was a wish list. The market may be down somewhat, but it is still higher than it was 8 years ago. It was going up while a democrat was in the White House and it continued, until now. Now you don't want rump to take the blame, but you are willing to give him all the praise. It just doesn't work that way.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Steve Ott @5.1.1    6 years ago

The stock market rose big time when Trump won and before he took office and now it is losing big time when Pelosi won and before she becomes Speaker of the House.  

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
5.1.3  Studiusbagus  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.1.2    6 years ago

Nice try. But this economy that's about to flounder belongs to Trump and the right.

It was moving along just fine until your boy got in. Looks like the Democrats yet again have to step in and fix the Republican fuck-ups.

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
6  Studiusbagus    6 years ago

Housing has been sliding, his fucked up rhetoric drove building materials expecially wood up roughly 20% 

Offshoring employment didn't stop at day one as he promised it increased in triple digits!

The tax break is going to be analbatros. It's already failing the economy...the US TREASURY will tell you that.

For all his big talk he actually came out of that lunch with a "doggie bag" containing his nuts that the Chinese cut off and handed to him. 

All his "accomplishments" I keep getting told that I ignore or won't give him credit for are falling down faster than his Mt.Rushmore to himself of the wall.

So far, he's gotten played by every pain in the ass to the USA with ease. His "tough act" has fooled absolutely noone internationally. He's become the Ahmadinejad of the western world..

And now these recent disasterous unilateral decisions made without even consulting the envoy he didn't even know existed.

The market, which was "his market" he took credit for suddenly became the Dems fault when it dropped 2000 points which was also warned ahead of time and could have been avoided if proper leadership was administered, but it wasn't because although he may understand "money" he doesn't understand finances, evident now and certainly throughout his business history.

This doesn't belong to the Dems. This squarely belongs to Donald Trump and his supporters. 

The worst isn't over yet. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Studiusbagus @6    6 years ago

Keep on hoping for that....

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
6.1.1  Studiusbagus  replied to  XXJefferson51 @6.1    6 years ago

There's no "hoping" in there. Those are facts that are being ignored by the right.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.1.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Studiusbagus @6.1.1    6 years ago

And that the worst isn’t over yet is supposed to be a fact, not some wished for opinion?  Why do so many progressives wish ill upon America, Americans,  and our economy?  

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
6.1.3  Studiusbagus  replied to  XXJefferson51 @6.1.2    5 years ago

Look, if you want to ignore the obvious, that's on you.

Umteen times I have pointed them out and when the facts are overwhelming you disappear and do not respond.

If you and the rest choose to ignore, how is that me wishing ill for my country? I'm not the one willfully hating my opposition so much that I refuse to see facts.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7  JohnRussell    5 years ago

This is one of the more disingenuous seeds we have seen, although the cause for that is all Trump's.

He simply wanted to create a "win-win" for (surprise!) himself.

If the market sunk it was someone else's fault, if it stayed high it was his doing.

This deceitful idea may appeal to Trumpsters, but everyone else laughs at it.