╌>

Trump Says Retired 4-Star Gen. Stanley McChrystal Has 'A Big, Dumb Mouth'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  5 years ago  •  30 comments

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Politics

710c91c0-4b9c-11e7-8912-374be9390b1b_H-1   David Moye, HuffPost   Tue, Jan 1 7:29 PM EST  

3e755d1dc208512e580a654f391a9b4e The world's most powerful man has once again proved he has the world's

The world’s most powerful man has once again proved he has the world’s thinnest skin.

On Tuesday, President  Donald Trump  tweeted to gripe about comments retired Army Gen.   Stanley McChrystal  made Sunday to   ABC News .

Asked whether he would work for the president, McChrystal, the former top commander of U.S. and international forces in Afghanistan, explained why   he would not , calling Trump “shady” and “immoral.”

“It’s important for me to work for people who I think are basically honest, who tell the truth as best they know it,” McChrystal said, suggesting that the president has been, at times, “openly disingenuous on things.”

Trump didn’t take the criticism well, based on this reaction on Twitter.

This iframe is not allowed

As typically happens after one of Trump’s tweeted tirades, Twitter users were happy to pile on with lots of snark.

Some woman noticed Trump seemed confused about man’s best friend.

This iframe is not allowed This iframe is not allowed

Others lamented the president’s lack of courtesy toward the military.

This iframe is not allowed This iframe is not allowed

One man noted that when   Barack Obama   forced   McChrystal to resign   in June 2010, he didn’t actually treat the general like a dog.

Another guy struggled to understand Trump’s position.

Finally, one man came up with what he thought was a reasonable solution to settling the differences between Trump and McChrystal.

• This article originally appeared on   HuffPost .

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

The world’s most powerful man has once again proved he has the world’s thinnest skin.

On Tuesday, President  Donald Trump  tweeted to gripe about comments retired Army Gen.   Stanley McChrystal  made Sunday to   ABC News .

Asked whether he would work for the president, McChrystal, the former top commander of U.S. and international forces in Afghanistan, explained why   he would not , calling Trump “shady” and “immoral.”

“It’s important for me to work for people who I think are basically honest, who tell the truth as best they know it,” McChrystal said, suggesting that the president has been, at times, “openly disingenuous on things.”

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Tessylo @1    5 years ago

Karl Rove strategy #3: Accuse your opponent of your own weakness

" Psychological projection is the act or technique of defending oneself against unpleasant impulses by denying their existence in oneself, while attributing them to others."

It is also a political strategy. One that works.  It is strategy #3 on the list of USA Republican political strategist Karl Rove.  If you see two groups basically making the same claim, it is hard to decide who is right. That requires going into the details, investing time and most people will not do that. They will simply select the version they like most and go on with their lives.

We all know who really has the "Big Dumb Mouth" and it is not one of our four star generals.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1    5 years ago

I was gonna say - big dumb mouth - only applies to the tRump.  [deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.1    5 years ago

[Removed]

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.2    5 years ago

Maybe someone is trying to tell you something...jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

'I don't think he tells the truth': Retired Gen. Stanley McChrystal says Trump is immoral

aaaa2f80-fa39-11e8-8fbf-da9c00b689c4   William Cummings, USA TODAY   Sun, Dec 30 5:33 PM EST  

07c5cef66e39bd2f1b0641616dd3b139

Retired four-star Army Gen. Stanley McChrystal sharply criticized President Donald Trump in an interview Sunday, saying he does not think the president is moral or honest. 

The former commander of U.S. and international forces in Afghanistan – whom former President Barack Obama removed for comments criticizing his administration in Rolling Stone magazine – told ABC’s “This Week” host Martha Raddatz that, if asked, he would not serve in Trump’s administration. 

"I think it's important for me to work for people who I think are basically honest, who tell the truth as best they know it," McChrystal said. 

“You think he’s a liar?” Raddatz asked. 

"I don't think he tells the truth," McChrystal replied.

"Is Trump immoral, in your view?" Raddatz then asked. 

"I think he is," McChrystal said. 

McChrystal said he "can't tell any supporter of one politician or another that they are wrong." But he asked Americans to look in the mirror and ask themselves if they are willing to ignore the "unacceptable" things Trump does "just because they accomplish certain other things that we might like." 

He said that Trump is so "shady" that he wouldn't want to do a business deal with him and that a willingness to be governed by such a man is "in conflict with who I think we are." 

McChrystal also rebuked Trump for attacking Democrats and pushing for a border wall in his address to U.S. troops during a surprise visit to Iraq last week. 

"When leaders visit soldiers, young women and men out in potentially harm's way, there's a sacred interaction that occurs," McChrystal told Raddatz. "You're also listening to their problems. You don't use that as a time to tout your politics or your personal opinions." 

He also said that images of troops presenting Trump with red "Make America Great Again" hats was "unfortunate" because "if the U.S. military becomes politicized, it will be something we're not happy with."

McChrystal said Trump's plan to begin drawing down the U.S. troop presence in Afghanistan is a "mistake." 

"Just when we were starting to sit down with the Taliban, just when we were starting to begin negotiations, he basically traded away the biggest leverage point we have," he said.

"If you tell the Taliban that we are absolutely leaving on date certain, cutting down, weakening ourselves, their incentives to try to cut a deal drop dramatically," he added, ironically echoing a criticism Trump routinely made of Obama's announced troop withdrawal from Iraq. 

This article originally appeared on USA TODAY:   'I don't think he tells the truth': Retired Gen. Stanley McChrystal says Trump is immoral

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1  Ronin2  replied to  Tessylo @2    5 years ago

Yet he worked for Obama. He must be a piss poor judge of character to begin with. Of course, Trump is so bad that even McChrystal could see it. Still doesn't excuse him for working for Obama.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1    5 years ago

No, he doesn't want to work for Rump - he is a very good judge of character.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.1.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1    5 years ago
Yet he worked for Obama. He must be a piss poor judge of character to begin with.

President Obama has extremely high approval ratings, was voted most admired man in America and has more class and dignity in a toe nail than Trump has in his entire fat sack of worthless flesh. President Obama will be remembered by history as one of the greatest Presidents of all time while Trump will be remembered as the shit stain that astonishingly got elected by the minority and never even got close to 50% approval by the American people.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.3  Ronin2  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.1.2    5 years ago
President Obama has extremely high approval ratings, was voted most admired man in America

Proving a lot of sheeple are very,very stupid.

President Obama will be remembered by history as one of the greatest Presidents of all time

He will be remembered as a president who claimed, "I have a pen and cell phone"; and refused to work with Congress.  He will be remember for using the government to "punish his enemies".  He will also be remembered for the slowest economic recovery from a recession ever.  Destabilizing more countries than Bush. His horrendous SOFA agreement tying the US forever with a weak corrupt Afghanistan government. That had more extra judicial drone killings than Bush. Finally whose crowning achievement the PPACA was built on a house of cards; and came crashing down soon after he left office (Along with all of his EO's).

Unless of course the historians put on the blue colored blinders like the Nobel Peace Prize committee did; and honor him for the potential of his presidency; and being the first mixed race president.

What I find hilarious is that we are on a fast decent of corrupt criminals in the government over the past several administrations- that look to enrich themselves both in and out of office. I was hoping that Trump would leave the WH so enriched that there would be a real discussion of abuse  (kickbacks and pay for play) at all levels of government. But it seems Congress likes their "perks" and neither side will even broach the subject.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.4  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.3    5 years ago

WTF are you ranting on and on about?

Rump and his administration are the ones enriching themselves via the presidency and they're looting, pillaging and raping the people and the treasury as fast as they can.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.1.5  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.3    5 years ago
Proving a lot of sheeple are very,very stupid

Sure, sure, tell yourself whatever you need to if it gets you through the day.

"refused to work with Congress"

“If (Obama) was for it, we had to be against it,” then Republican Senator George Voinovich said of the McConnell meeting ... “(McConnell) wanted everyone to hold the fort. All he cared about was making sure Obama could never have a clean victory.”

"He will be remember for using the government to "punish his enemies"

Lifelong Republican Lois Lerner was appointed IRS Director of Exempt Organizations in January 2006 under the Bush administration. There has never been any evidence to suggest that President Obama asked her to, or directed her to use key words that would weed out potential 501 c3 and c4 violators. Besides, the fact is not only were conservative names like "Tea Party" targeted, but key words like "progressive" "occupy" and "medical marijuana" were also used proving it was not some partisan attempt to "punish" President Obama's enemies.

"the slowest economic recovery from a recession ever"

It was also the worst crash since the great depression. We should be praising him for the steady recovery he managed and that we recovered at all after the mismanagement by Republicans, not angry with the fact we didn't recover faster.

"Destabilizing more countries than Bush"

Utter nonsense. As if Lybia was "stable" before Obama chose to let congress decide whether to put boots on the ground.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.6  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.3    5 years ago

Sounds like Russia/little putin have more kompromat  on the turd in chief - something about some nude photos.  This is getting better all the time!!!!!!!

I just read somewhere (The Daily Mail - so consider the source) that this was a spoof.  

Not so sure about that!

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     5 years ago

LMAO, pot meet kettle.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Kavika @3    5 years ago

At least President Trump still has his jpb. More than can be said of McCrystal...jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3.1    5 years ago

'At least President Trump still has his jpb.'

For now.

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3.1.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3.1    5 years ago
At least President Trump still has his jpb.

Joyful Pee Bed?

Just Putin's Boyfriend?

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
3.1.3  lennylynx  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3.1    5 years ago

Better get used to saying President Pelosi.  It has a nice ring to it too! jrSmiley_2_smiley_image.png

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
3.1.4  arkpdx  replied to  lennylynx @3.1.3    5 years ago

[Deleted]  You are really talking crazy. 

Ender
Professor Principal
3.1.5  Ender  replied to  lennylynx @3.1.3    5 years ago

Talk about some on the right having a meltdown.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.1.6  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  lennylynx @3.1.3    5 years ago

Then we can emulate the liberal left and scream "She's not my president!".jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.1.7  Kavika   replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3.1    5 years ago

You're aware that General McChrystal is the co founder of the McChrystal Group, quite the impressive organization. So he really does have a job. 

Now for Trump, when he becomes as good at being president as McChrystal was at being a commanding general he just may, just maybe, figure out where is ass is located....jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
3.1.8  Sunshine  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3.1.6    5 years ago
"She's not my president!".

hilarious....

Impeach!

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
4  Rmando    5 years ago

Looks like Trump and Obama actually agree on something. The only difference is Trump didn't fire him.

Ender
Professor Principal
4.1  Ender  replied to  Rmando @4    5 years ago

Obama let him retire with full rank.

Somehow I doubt trump would have done the same.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5  Paula Bartholomew    5 years ago

Big dumb mouth....is that the best that the POS CIC can come up with?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5    5 years ago

He could have called him a doody head

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Ender  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.1    5 years ago

Probably saving that for a rally.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

Old Hermit