╌>

Tucker Carlson Blames Higher-Earning Women For 'Men In Decline'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  5 years ago  •  16 comments

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

710c91c0-4b9c-11e7-8912-374be9390b1b_H-1   Lee Moran, HuffPost   9 hours ago  

8fe1d750be5d8ea42340ee7c61e5e3ae Fox News host Tucker Carlson on Wednesday lamented about what his show's

Fox News host  Tucker Carlson  on Wednesday lamented about what his show’s chyron described as “men in decline.” During one segment, he claimed there was “more drug and alcohol abuse” and “higher incarceration rates” in areas where   women earn more money   than their male counterparts.

Carlson — whose show lost sponsors in December after he said  immigrants make America “dirtier”  ― proclaimed “all that remained in many places” following the decline of “manufacturing and male-dominated” industry were the schools and hospitals that “traditionally” employ women, which meant that “in many areas, women suddenly made more than men.”

But rather than applaud it as “a victory for feminism,” Carlson asked viewers to “consider some of the effects.” He then cited unnamed studies that claimed women “generally don’t want to marry” men who earn less than them. 

“Over big populations this causes a drop in marriage, a spike in out-of-wedlock births and all the familiar disasters that inevitably follow. More drug and alcohol abuse, higher incarceration rates, fewer families formed in the next generation,” he added in the clip   shared online by Media Matters :

This iframe is not allowed

Carlson’s comments sparked ire on Twitter:

This iframe is not allowed This iframe is not allowed This iframe is not allowed This iframe is not allowed This iframe is not allowed
  • This article originally appeared on   HuffPost .

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

Is that why you're impotent Fucker?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2  Trout Giggles    5 years ago

Why is there a decline in manufacturing, Tucker?

Gordy327
Professor Expert
3  Gordy327    5 years ago

"Men in decline?" Well, I guess once women figure out how to mow the lawn and change their own motor oil, men are done. Lol

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4  Dismayed Patriot    5 years ago

When You’re Accustomed to Privilege, Equality Feels Like Oppression.

Ender
Professor Principal
5  Ender    5 years ago

Falling further down that rabbit hole.

I think if he wants to be more manly, do something about that high squeaky voice. Almost sounds like his balls never dropped.

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1  Krishna  replied to  Ender @5    5 years ago

I think if he wants to be more manly, do something about that high squeaky voice. Almost sounds like his balls never dropped.

Exactly!

What is the actual cause of Tucker Carlson coming across as being so impotent?

Why its "higher earning women" of course!

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
6  Jasper2529    5 years ago

Tucker Carlson is an odd character, IMO. Not a good host because he giggles and can't moderate. He's a registered Democrat, and this possibly explains why he speaks about identity politics and shows his low opinion of women so much.

According to D.C. Board of Elections and Ethics spokeswoman Denise Tolliver, Carlson is a registered Democrat in the District of Columbia. His registration dates back to 2006.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2015/04/10/tucker-carlson-registered-democrat/?utm_term=.c94f43dd8089

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @6    5 years ago

So what?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @6.1    5 years ago

It's superfluous information that only Jasper deems important

Tucker is probably a registered Dem so he can vote in the Democractic primaries. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
8  Kavika     5 years ago

I found Carlson's explantion of why he is a registered democrat to be interesting to say the least...

He is no more democrat than Mitch McConnell is. 

Nicholas Carlson:   Who'd you vote for and which party are you registered to?

Tucker Carlson:   I don't want to give the party thing because it's actually misleading. I never vote so that's the truth. I didn't vote this time, I never do. "Then you don't have the right to give your opinion" — yeah, I do. And in fact, I do.

I'm registered with a party that I sincerely despise because I think it's really a force for bad in this country and it's the Democratic party. But I'm registered because I live in the district, it's a one-party state and the one election I always vote in is the mayor's race because it matters. I own property there, I race for children there. If you live in the city, I think it's worth voting for an election so I always do.

I always vote for the more corrupt candidate over the idealist. Always. The person who will just like be happy taking payoffs from developers and leave me alone. This is like a meaningful decision in my life. Every four years, there's some guy who's like, "I'm going to make your life better!" I vote against that person every single time. You know what I mean? It's usually some progressive candidate who's got big plans for me, and so, I just vote for the status quo, corrupt criminal operation that runs the city and I'm really happy with that.

https://www.businessinsider.com/tucker-carlson-fox-news-democrat-ignition-mayor-most-corrupt-candidate-2017-12?utm_source=reddit.com

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.1  Krishna  replied to  Kavika @8    5 years ago

I just vote for the status quo, corrupt criminal operation that runs the city and I'm really happy with that.

Tucker Carlson always voting for the most corrupt candidate? Actually that should come as no surprise to anyone who's watched his programme on Fox-- he is effusive in his praise for Trump appointees-- the more corrupt the better!

Ender
Professor Principal
8.2  Ender  replied to  Kavika @8    5 years ago

He contradicts himself several times.

First saying he doesn't vote, then saying he does vote but only for mayor.

Then he says he votes in that election because of his children, then says he votes for the most corrupt. I am guessing despite his children.

That just shows me what an idiot he actually is.

Kavika
Professor Principal
8.2.1  Kavika   replied to  Ender @8.2    5 years ago
That just shows me what an idiot he actually is.

BINGO

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9  Vic Eldred    5 years ago

That title up there is false and contradicted by the few sentences taken from Tucker Carlson's show:

"proclaimed “all that remained in many places” following the decline of “manufacturing and male-dominated” industry were the schools and hospitals that “traditionally” employ women, which meant that “in many areas, women suddenly made more than men.”

Carlson clearly blamed the decline of manufacturing and male dominated industries. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

Well report it then or get to stepping!

I honestly don't give a shit though bud

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
11  Jack_TX    5 years ago
proclaimed “all that remained in many places” following the decline of “manufacturing and male-dominated” industry were the schools and hospitals that “traditionally” employ women, which meant that “in many areas, women suddenly made more than men.” But rather than applaud it as “a victory for feminism,” 

I didn't realize feminists were working to destroy American manufacturing.  Are we sure they consider this a victory?