╌>

Kellyanne Conway embarrasses CNN’s Jim Acosta during heated exchange: 'You're such a smarta--'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  donald-trump-fan1  •  5 years ago  •  93 comments

Kellyanne Conway embarrasses CNN’s Jim Acosta during heated exchange: 'You're such a smarta--'
"Yes, Jim," Conway shot back, "Can you promise that you will? The whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help you God? Am I allowed to mention 'God' to you?" Acosta – who has emerged as a household name for interruptions when Trump and members of his administration are made available to the press – responded by telling Conway that he doesn’t have an “alternative facts” problem like she does. "Make sure that goes viral. This is why I’m one of the only people around here who gives you the...

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Kellyanne Conway embarrasses CNN's Jim Acosta: 'You're such a smarta--'

Kellyanne Conway embarrassed CNN White House correspondent Jim Acosta during a press gaggle on Tuesday, referring to him as a 'smarta--' unliked by other reporters. Acosta questioned Conway about whether President Trump would tell the truth when addressing the nation Tuesday night, prompting the heated exchange.

Kellyanne Conway embarrassed CNN White House correspondent Jim Acosta during a press gaggle on Tuesday, referring to him as a "smarta--" unliked by other reporters.

Acosta asked Conway if she could promise that President Trump would tell the truth when addressing the nation on Tuesday night.

"Yes, Jim," Conway shot back, "Can you promise that you will? The whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help you God? Am I allowed to mention 'God' to you?"

Acosta – who has emerged as a household name for interruptions when Trump and members of his administration are made available to the press – responded by telling Conway that he doesn’t have an “alternative facts” problem like she does.

"Make sure that goes viral. This is why I’m one of the only people around here who gives you the time of day," Conway said. "You’re such a smarta-- most of the time and I know you want this to go viral."  

Conway then told Acosta that “a lot of these people” don’t like him, while pointing to his peers.

“Don't you put it back in my face for all corrections your network needs to issue,” she continued, mocking CNN. “I was on your network 25 or 26 times in 2018. I’m one of the last people here who even bothered to go on, and the disrespect you show to me personally, I’ll look past it.”

Acosta replied, “Ma’am.”

“Don't call me ma'am,” Conway responded.

Last year Acosta was briefly banned from the White House after he engaged in a contentious back-and-forth with Trump during a Nov. 7 press conference. During the now-infamous moment, Acosta refused to pass the microphone to a female White House aide.

Acosta’s press pass was restored on Nov. 19 after CNN argued that keeping him out of the White House violated the network and Acosta’s First and Fifth Amendment rights.

To coincide with Acosta being allowed to return to the White House, Press Secretary Sarah Sanders implemented a series of rules to govern White House press conferences going forward.

The CNN reporter has been praised by liberal comedians such as Jimmy Kimmel, and even appeared in the most recent season of the Netflix political drama “House of Cards.”

Brian Flood covers the media for Fox News.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1  seeder  XXJefferson51    5 years ago

“Kellyanne Conway embarrassed CNN White House correspondent Jim Acostaduring a press gaggle on Tuesday, referring to him as a "smarta--" unliked by other reporters.

Acosta asked Conway if she could promise that President Trump would tell the truth when addressing the nation on Tuesday night.

"Yes, Jim," Conway shot back, "Can you promise that you will? The whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help you God? Am I allowed to mention 'God' to you?"

Acosta – who has emerged as a household name for interruptions when Trump and members of his administration are made available to the press – responded by telling Conway that he doesn’t have an “alternative facts” problem like she does.

"Make sure that goes viral. This is why I’m one of the only people around here who gives you the time of day," Conway said. "You’re such a smarta-- most of the time and I know you want this to go viral."  

Conway then told Acosta that “a lot of these people” don’t like him, while pointing to his peers.

“Don't you put it back in my face for all corrections your network needs to issue,” she continued, mocking CNN. “I was on your network 25 or 26 times in 2018. I’m one of the last people here who even bothered to go on, and the disrespect you show to me personally, I’ll look past it.””

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    5 years ago
referring to him as a "smarta--"

I think Jim and most people with more than half a brain prefer being smart-asses to being dumb-asses. That does seem to be the two sides today, with Trumps base ridiculing higher education, angry with the "smart people" and scientists who tell them their reliance on oil and coal isn't sustainable, rabid individualists, bitter about feeling left behind by technology versus those who revere higher education, listen to those who have worked their entire lives studying specific scientific fields, embrace diversity and believe we are stronger together than we are apart.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1    5 years ago

Its obvious that Jim prefers being a flaming asshole but its unclear how big a dumb-ass he is.

The fact that he's a heavily biased reporter certainly does not add any good points to his intelligence balance sheet.

And education?   He's got a BA in Mass Communication.   Whoopee fuckin do!

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.2  Ozzwald  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    5 years ago

How about a 2nd article titled: 

"TRUMP EMBARRASSES CNN BY USING THEIR CHANNEL TO LIE TO THE AMERICAN PUBLIC DURING HIS CNN BROADCAST, OVAL OFFICE SPEECH"?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  Tessylo    5 years ago

The dumb bitch embarrassed herself, not Mr. Acosta.  

katrix
Sophomore Participates
2.2  katrix  replied to  Tessylo @2    5 years ago

It's hilarious to see how pissed off she gets when she's merely challenged to tell the truth.  To Trump fanatics, being expected to be honest is "disrespectful." 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.2.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  katrix @2.2    5 years ago

Actually he challenged whether the President would tell the truth last night and the President did just that, the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.  And for the record, Acosta is exactly as she called him.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  katrix @2.2    5 years ago

I doubt he's embarrassed from being called a smartass that nobody likes. If Acosta is anything like me, he wears that proudly

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
2.2.3  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.2.2    5 years ago
If Acosta is anything like me, he wears that proudly

I have a Scarlette

S  A

tattoed on my foot

that

i wear like a respirator,

asz i have it ussually i,planted in my mouth

but

ive learned how to floss with my toes

while 

removing toe jam simultaneously.

just be careful after walking in the woods with bare feet,

as

i''m also claws trophobic, 

and

it is true about bares and the woods

, they live there. Once

i was walking to the Jim'and i was accosted by the White House Staff

infection in our White House with White Hoods and used to be White sheets (now yellow and orange) 

who, with his tanker ship of White Out, has tried to erase

all

things Obama,

but it ain't so easy when the hecklin crowd

keeps shoutin out your momma

wears Army boots, that i wear while flossing my teeth and removing toe jam N

peanut better butter the bread on both sides  you received as i gave you a 10% pay raise after a decade of decadence, as some could not be denser by a con

densing so many points into our star spangked banner, like a star

of David, hulking over US like a metamorphosized mighty morphine ranger of

Carl 4Sagan rove, but, powerless to control those out of

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
2.2.5  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Release The Kraken @2.2.4    5 years ago

in what font ?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
2.2.7  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Release The Kraken @2.2.6    5 years ago

ill take that as a 2

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
2.2.9  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Release The Kraken @2.2.8    5 years ago

don't drown

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.2.11  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.2.1    5 years ago

Fast check has already proven his lies from that speech.

epistte
Junior Guide
2.2.14  epistte  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.2.1    5 years ago
Actually he challenged whether the President would tell the truth last night and the President did just that, the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.  And for the record, Acosta is exactly as she called him.  

Do you understand that Google can be and is used to be a very effective fact checker?  Trump lied last night and just because you may agree with him doesn't mean that he didn't lie. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.2.15  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.2.11    5 years ago

There were no lies in his speech.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.2.16  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.2.11    5 years ago

And how quick was your fast check? 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3  Sparty On    5 years ago

Jim Acosta is that sanctimonious prick, that seems to be at every party, that everyone tries to avoid at all costs.

What a nimrod!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4  Sean Treacy    5 years ago

I appreciate Jim Acosta.   He's doing a great service demonstrating how biased the MSM is.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5  Jasper2529    5 years ago

Acosta reminds me of annoying grammar school pests who pick their noses and then try to smear their snot on the girls just to get their attention.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Jasper2529 @5    5 years ago
smear their snot on the girls just to get their attention.

looks like KellyAnn really likes bugerz

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  igknorantzrulz @5.2    5 years ago

That's the trump taint - anyone involved with the turd - has an overwhelming stink and oily greasy aura.  

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.2.2  devangelical  replied to  igknorantzrulz @5.2    5 years ago

she's more used to having another bodily fluid smeared on her, in the oval office

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.2.3  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  devangelical @5.2.2    5 years ago

Why are you bringing up Bill Clinton and what was on Monica Lewinski’s blue dress? Way to keep it classy here.  

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.2.4  devangelical  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.2.3    5 years ago

after years of providing political consulting services to rightwing leadership, you would think Kellyanne's skin and hair would be in a lot better condition

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2.5  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @5.2.4    5 years ago
'after years of providing political consulting services to rightwing leadership, you would think Kellyanne's skin and hair would be in a lot better condition'

She has been wearing out her kneepads quickly.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.2.6  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @5.2.5    5 years ago

Is that typical of the cheap shots toward conservative women by women who call themselves progressives? 

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.2.7  devangelical  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.2.6    5 years ago

[deleted]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.2.8  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  devangelical @5.2.7    5 years ago

That comment seems to have a misogynistic tone regarding women in my opinion.  

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.2.9  devangelical  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.2.8    5 years ago
cheap shots toward conservative women

trump is a billionaire

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.2.11  devangelical  replied to  Kathleen @5.2.10    5 years ago
It's disgusting to have to look at those types of comments on here. You would think that people that are for women's rights would not post such things.

too bad the lying c*nt article was deleted so that I can't link it here to refute that comment jrSmiley_23_smiley_image.gif

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
5.2.12  Jack_TX  replied to  devangelical @5.2.9    5 years ago
trump is a billionaire

Is he?  Why do we think so?

IMO, the reason we haven't seen his tax returns is because he doesn't want everybody to know he's not nearly as rich as he likes everybody to think.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.2.13  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  devangelical @5.2.11    5 years ago

What article was deleted?  What did Kathleen say that you could possibly refute?  

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.2.15  devangelical  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.2.13    5 years ago

Nothing to refute on her article. If I recall correctly, the second to the last sentence was the most believable thing she has ever said on NT.

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.2.16  devangelical  replied to  Jack_TX @5.2.12    5 years ago

trump would be wealthier now if had put his inheritance in the bank, that's how successful he was in business. I have a feeling we'll be seeing some of trumps tax returns before the next election.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.2.18  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  devangelical @5.2.16    5 years ago

That’s not true.  Some say that about if he’d just invested it all in an S&P 500 passive index fund and they might be right as that index is incredibly tough to beat over time.  As for bank savings accounts, I and many have little or nothing in those anymore.  CD’s and MM’s perhaps but traditional bank savings accounts?  Not.  Even rainy day highly liquid accounts can be in a brokerage away from the 0.1% interest many banks savings accounts have been paying until recently.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.2.19  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to    5 years ago

I think that you are right.  

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
5.2.20  Jack_TX  replied to  devangelical @5.2.16    5 years ago
trump would be wealthier now if had put his inheritance in the bank, that's how successful he was in business. I have a feeling we'll be seeing some of trumps tax returns before the next election.

That could be an issue.  He's not required to release them, and federal law protects them except to "authorized agencies".

Now, Congress is certainly an "authorized agency", but federal law prohibits them from disclosing any information about returns.

It could get very interesting.

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.2.21  devangelical  replied to    5 years ago

that's a possibility. he could resign before they get released by the Mueller investigation.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.2.22  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  devangelical @5.2.21    5 years ago

Not a chance that Trump will resign.  None whatsoever.  

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.2.23  devangelical  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.2.22    5 years ago

you're right. not even to save his criminal offspring from collecting forks in a NY prison.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.2.24  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  devangelical @5.2.23    5 years ago

Trumps sons and daughter are not in any way shape or form criminal.  No way they are going to prison.  Even if a zealous avenging evil special prosecutor fabricated charges, as President he could pardon them. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.2.25  igknorantzrulz  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.2.24    5 years ago

his sons and daughters will be part of the leverage to force Trumpp to resign

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.3  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @5    5 years ago

Did you do that a lot Jasper?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.3.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @5.3    5 years ago

Please stay on topic and not make another member the topic of your post. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.5  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Jasper2529 @5    5 years ago

I’m old enough to remember Sam Donaldson the ABC White House correspondent when Reagan was President. Acosta makes him seem calm and reasonable by comparison. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.5.1  devangelical  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.5    5 years ago

Reagan is making his best contribution to America now.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.5.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  devangelical @5.5.1    5 years ago

Reagan was one of America’s greatest Presidents.  

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
5.5.3  arkpdx  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.5.2    5 years ago

Reagan IS America’s greatest Presidents!

That's better! 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.5.4  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  arkpdx @5.5.3    5 years ago

I agree.  He’s the very best! 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.5.5  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  devangelical @5.5.1    5 years ago

Few realized that beneath that quiet demeanor was actually a brooding long-term strategist with a grand plan. (Photo: Rick Friedman/Polaris/Newscom)

He has been out of office for nearly three decades, and yet the name of Ronald Reagan is heard often today. Even as history fades and the precise details of his presidency become less distinct, many believe that the fortieth president of the United States would have answers to the complex and almost implacable issues we face today, or, at a minimum, he might have the bearing and strength of character to significantly improve global geopolitical conditions.

In our extraordinarily disruptive world, Reagan is recalled as a leader who could verbally wrestle global agitators into submission. Some people look for his character traits to be represented in the voices of today’s leaders. Few find them there.

In poll after poll, Reagan is referred to as a standard-bearer in leadership and communication. His public approval rating is higher now than when he left office. His overall standing has positioned him in the top ranking of those whom the public considers to be the greatest American leaders.  https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailysignal.com/2016/04/27/what-made-ronald-reagan-great-and-why-it-matters/amp/