Zero Lawmakers Representing Border Districts Support Donald Trump's Wall

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  5 years ago  •  13 comments

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

0091f5f4326e712ded943ced2ca7cd04

President Donald Trump is doubling down on his demand for border wall funding,

President   Donald Trump   is doubling down on his demand for border wall funding, but every member of the House of Representatives whose district lies along the proposed barrier refuses to back the idea.

The nine House members who represent border districts from California to Texas each voted in favor of bills to reopen the government without additional money for the wall,   CBS News reported Tuesday. The funding package passed the House last week, but stalled in the GOP-led Senate. 

The nine representatives include Rep. Will Hurd of Texas, the only black Republican member of the House.

Rep. Vicente Gonzalez (D-Texas), who supported the House measures, asked on Monday   that Trump “put his calls for a physical barrier to rest.” Gonzalez in November called the wall a “waste of taxpayer dollars.” 

Trump this week plans to visit McAllen, Texas, a border city that has garnered a wave of media attention partly for its massive immigration processing center the government has used to separate families. 

Rep. Raul Grijalva (D-Ariz.), also dismissed the president’s border security rhetoric,   and said on Tuesday “the only crisis at the border is the one manufactured by Donald Trump.”

Rep. Xochitl Torres Small (D-N.M.) has disapproved of Trump’s wall on television and social media.

Trump made clear in his Oval Office address Tuesday that he has no intention of backing down. Meanwhile, the partial government shutdown is in its third week. 

CORRECTION: An earlier version misidentified Rep. Xochitl Torres Small’s state. Small represents New Mexico, not Arizona.

• This article originally appeared on   HuffPost.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

The nine House members who represent border districts from California to Texas each voted in favor of bills to reopen the government without additional money for the wall,   CBS News reported Tuesday . The funding package passed the House last week, but stalled in the GOP-led Senate. 

The nine representatives include Rep. Will Hurd of Texas, the only black Republican member of the House.

Rep. Vicente Gonzalez (D-Texas), who supported the House measures,  asked on Monday   that Trump “put his calls for a physical barrier to rest.” Gonzalez in November called the wall a “ waste of taxpayer dollars .” 

Trump this week plans to visit McAllen, Texas, a border city that has garnered a wave of media attention partly for its massive immigration processing center the government has used to separate families. 

Rep. Raul Grijalva (D-Ariz.), also dismissed the president’s border security rhetoric,   and said on Tuesday  “the only crisis at the border is the one manufactured by Donald Trump.”

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2  Ed-NavDoc    5 years ago

[deleted]

It is both pathetic and amusing at the same time. By the way, Raul Grijalva is a complete embarrassment to the state of Arizona and many Democrats here cannot stand him!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2    5 years ago

Click on "seeded content" and you will see Tessy seeded the title just as it is in the original article.

We're not allowed to change titles on seeded articles

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1    5 years ago

[deleted]

Again,  either way those of us who live on the border know the reality from the fiction stated in the article.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2.1.1    5 years ago

How many articles have you seeded, Ed? If you ever seeded any, you would know the rules.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2.1.1    5 years ago

It's funny, when I bitch about the bullshit I have to put up with where I live, I am advised to move.....

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2    5 years ago

'The nine representatives include Rep. Will Hurd of Texas, the only black Republican member of the House.'

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.3  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2    5 years ago

I didn't leave out dick.  

As TG said - I didn't change the title.  

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.3.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Tessylo @2.3    5 years ago

Please see 2.1.1 above. I still stand by my comments.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.3.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2.3.1    5 years ago

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

removed for context

Again,  either way those of us who live on the border know the reality from the fiction stated in the article.'

So you can read my mind?

[deleted]

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
4  livefreeordie    5 years ago

The Agents protecting our border have an opposing position to the leftist lawmakers

Border Patrol Agents Union willing to go without pay to get the Wall

“And that message, delivered by Brandon Judd, Art Del Cueto, and Hector Garza of the National Border Patrol Council (the union representing Border Patrol agents) was this: Border Patrol agents are willing to keep the government shut down for as long as it takes to get the money Trump wants for his border wall — even if that means they have to continue working without pay.

In their telling, Border Patrol (and Immigration and Customs Enforcement) agents are driven by their mission — to enforce immigration law and catch lawbreakers. Anything that would appear to restrain that mission, such as limiting who they can and can’t arrest or having to care for large groups of unaccompanied children and families, isn’t just an inconvenience to them but an active insult to the reason they signed up for the job.”

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  livefreeordie @4    5 years ago

[Removed]