╌>

Pelosi And Schumer Humiliate Trump In Front Of The Entire Country

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  don-overton  •  5 years ago  •  63 comments

Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer threw down on Trump and showed that the adults in the room aren’t playing.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Pelosi said:

I appreciate the opportunity to speak directly to the American people tonight about how we can end this shutdown and meet the needs of the American people. Sadly, much of what we heard from president trump throughout the shutdown as been full of misinformation and even mall — malice. The president has chosen fear. We want to start with facts. The fact is house Democrats passed Senate Republican legislation to reopen government and fund smart, effective border security solutions. But the president is rejecting the bipartisan bills, which would reopen government over his obsession with forcing American taxpayers to waste billions of dollars on an expensive and ineffective wall, a wall he always promised Mexico would pay the fact is, president trump has chosen to hold hostage critical services for the health, safety and well being of the American people and with hold the paychecks of 800,000 innocent workers across the nation, many of them veterans.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
1  seeder  Don Overton    5 years ago

Facts is facts folks

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Don Overton @1    5 years ago

I like what Donny Deutsch had to say about the turd in chief - 'he's impotent' 'he's weak'

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.4  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Don Overton @1    5 years ago

While I agree, Schumer and Pelosi royally humiliated Trump and showed what a ridiculous man baby he is, the fact remains that neither he nor his sycophant followers have an ounce of shame left so it's nearly impossible for them to feel humiliated. They would actually have to have some humility for that to ever happen, and it's not hard to see that ship sailed long ago.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
1.4.2  Colour Me Free  replied to    5 years ago
The shutdown could go on for a long time.

Should the shutdown be ended?  Albeit I rarely disagree with a shutdown, I do however disagree with the nation being held hostage .. but is that not the (D)'s doing as much hostage holding as the (R)'s or the presidents?  Who held the nation hostage over DACA, only to ultimately do nothing .. as DACA is still unresolved?

Humiliation and partisanship are the name of the game, right along with assessment of blame i.e. you did it, no you did, no you did it .. and so on and so forth  .. do you see a point to it all?  

Since 'part' of the government is shutdown can 'we' not finally resolve an issue without kicking it down the road?  Does it not frighten you a wee bit that 'part' of the government is shutdown, but 'that part' still involves 800k employees?  and government continues to grow?  It seems to me that government employees have become their own hierarchy of sorts .. I will not go into details .. but I do wonder where the outcry is for those that have lost a 'life style' due to a plant closure .. while there is gnashing of teeth over poor government employees bills being late, when their job is guaranteed and their benefits remain intact.....

There is fear mongering on all sides .. I have to laugh a lil about the US not negotiating with terrorists .. yet within 'our' own government terrorists are dealt with everyday - threats are made and steps are taken … now if only something could be accomplished....

I am putting Soapbox back in her stall .. she needed a good workout : )

Peace.....

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
1.4.4  Colour Me Free  replied to    5 years ago
This one somehow feels worse given the combatants, but it is just another example of how far the bar has been lowered...dare I say razed.

The combatants are arrogant, power hungry, old stale politicians and a knucklehead 'business man' ... all of whom think the world revolves around them … what more could possibly go wrong?

I 'almost' think that 'we' should shut the whole damn'd thing down and start back at the beginning with:

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

I believed 'razed' is quite appropriate terminology.....

P.s... Soapbox says thanks ; )

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.4.5  Tessylo  replied to    5 years ago
'and have his manhood challenged'

Or lack thereof.  I believe Ann Coulter has bigger balls than him.  

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3  Ed-NavDoc    5 years ago

There were adults in the room? Did not see any....

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
3.1  seeder  Don Overton  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3    5 years ago

Maybe you ignored them, btw it wasn't baby trump

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
3.1.1  Cerenkov  replied to  Don Overton @3.1    5 years ago

It wasn't retarded Pelosi...

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
3.1.2  seeder  Don Overton  replied to  Don Overton @3.1    5 years ago

Sure it was, no diapers on Dems just on Repugs

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4  Tacos!    5 years ago

More like they humiliated themselves.

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmediadc.brightspotcdn.com%2F85%2Fa8%2Fe9f0926a4817a2e9dd8775b23268%2Fscreenshot-2019-01-08-22.55.58.png

920x920.jpg

255.jpg

910.jpg

nancy-pelosi-and-chuck-schumer-wall-rebuttal-memes-mz9.png

2qq3gp.jpg

183614.jpg

Iamak47
Freshman Silent
4.3  Iamak47  replied to  Tacos! @4    5 years ago

I immediately thought of this scene:

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
4.4  seeder  Don Overton  replied to  Tacos! @4    5 years ago

Wow Tacos you really had to work at this or someone sent them to you

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.4.1  Tacos!  replied to  Don Overton @4.4    5 years ago

The internet is a gold mine.

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
4.4.2  seeder  Don Overton  replied to  Tacos! @4.4.1    5 years ago

Sure is if you just use it correctly,  if you need help I'm sure fish would help

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
6  bbl-1    5 years ago

Pelosi nor Schumer 'humiliated' the Trump.  Doesn't matter.  The base sticks because its stuck.

The Democratic  'reply'---such as it were---would have been more effective if the message would have been short, to the point, simply saying, "There it is.  There you have.  Trump has spoken.  And by the way Trump, Where are the Pesos?" 

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
7  MonsterMash    5 years ago

Pelosi and Schumer looked and sounded like a couple of wooden dummies, Adam Schiff must have been pulling their strings.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
7.1  1stwarrior  replied to  MonsterMash @7    5 years ago

[deleted]

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
7.1.1  seeder  Don Overton  replied to  1stwarrior @7.1    5 years ago

[Removed]

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
7.3  seeder  Don Overton  replied to  MonsterMash @7    5 years ago

Trump looked like a rubber baby that's been stepped on too many times by his own mouth

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
8  Ronin2    5 years ago
The fact is house Democrats passed Senate Republican legislation to reopen government and fund smart, effective border security solutions.

First lie. The budget the Senate passed kept the border security solutions the exact same as the they are. Which everyone that isn't blinded by a blue blindfold can see isn't working.  Border Security, Military spending, and Dreamers were supposed to be negotiated before a new February deadline.

president trump has chosen to hold hostage critical services for the health, safety and well being of the American people and with hold the paychecks of 800,000 innocent workers across the nation, many of them veterans.

Lie number two. Funny when Obama shut down government it was always first the fault of Republicans in the House, and then Republicans in all of Congress when they took control of the Senate as well, for the shut downs. Now that the Democrats control only the House, and don't want to negotiate, it is all Trump's fault.

The fact is, we all agree we need to secure the borders while honoring our values. We can build the infrastructure and roads at ports of entry. We can install new technology to scan cars and trucks for drugs coming into the nation. We can hire the personnel we need to facilitate trade and immigration at the border. We can fund more innovation to detect unauthorized crossings. The fact is, that women and children at the border are not a security threat. They are a humanitarian challenge a challenge president trump’s own cruel and counter productive policies have only deepened and the fact is, president trump must stop holding American people hostage, must stop manufacturing a crisis and must reopen the government.

So many damn lies, and so little time.

1. Pelosi had better get her own damn party in line. Many Democrats want open borders; and the Border Patrol and Ice done away with.  They have stated so repeatedly to any of their media lap dogs that will listen.
  2. The budget the House Democrats offered up does nothing of what Pelosi states. No extra funding for any of the measures she discusses. It is a flat out lie.
  3. This was a problem during the Obama administration as well; yet Obama and the Dems weren't worried about it in the slightest and did nothing to fix it. The media abdicated their jobs and stayed silent. The only difference now is who is in the White House. They don't like Trump; and are coloring their coverage to make him look bad.  Not that he needs their help.
  4. Most of the caravan immigrants are young working age males; not women and children. Of course the left wants to believe the partisan media whose cameras have a hard time finding those poor women and children, Instead of the Mexican government and US Border Patrol- both that have first hand knowledge of the caravan.

Schumer tried to out lie Pelosi

pay for his ineffective, unnecessary border wall and unable to convince the Congress or the American people to foot the bill has shut down the government.

Funny, the US Border Patrol doesn't think that a wall/fence/or even barrier is ineffective.  They aren't against expanding it to enable them to do their jobs better. Also, Mexico is paying.  Just as them how much they are paying for having the Caravan in their country as they try and force their way into the US. Mexico is deporting those that attempt to violently cross the US border; and is making efforts to secure their southern border against caravans that are forming in South America now. Seems they are getting a really bad taste of what the US has had to put up with for a very long time.

American democracy doesn’t work that way. We don’t govern by temper tantrum. No president should pound the table and demand he gets his way or else the government shuts down. Hurting millions of Americans who are treated as leverage.

Nope. the President must be politically correct and use Americans for leverage in a shut down- taking steps to inflict the most pain on veterans by shutting down open air memorials (that were never shut down before); but still allowing illegal immigrants and Democrats to hold a rally there. But I guess it is OK if it done by anyone with a D behind their name. Isn't that right Obama?

The arrests came after a rally by thousands of supporters of an immigration overhaul held in the middle of the National Mall, with a stage and live music by the Tigres del Norte, a popular Mexican-American band.

In a storm of Twitter posts, conservatives questioned how the immigration groups could hold a demonstration on the Mall, which is a national park, when national parks and memorials are closed as a result of the government shutdown. House Republicans have tried to reopen parks and monuments while keeping most of the federal government closed.

Conservatives said the Obama administration was showing a double standard by allowing the rally a week after World War II veterans were blocked from entering their memorial on the Mall. The veterans went in despite barricades placed there. After that, the National Park Service said veterans would be allowed to enter the memorial during the shutdown.

In a statement, the Park Service said it had allowed the immigration rally as an expression of “First Amendment rights,” the same rationale it had provided for opening the war memorial.

Again, so long as there is a D behind the president's name using the shutdown to hurt Americans is OK; so long as it is those considered on the right that are being hurt the most.

Make no mistake, Democrats and the president both want stronger border security.

Schumer tells the same lie as Pelosi. He had better get the jackasses in his party in line first. The ones calling for open borders, and doing away with the Border Patrol and Ice.

There is bipartisan legislation supported by Democrats and Republicans to open the government while allowing the debate over boarder security to continue. There is no excuse for hurting millions of Americans over a policy difference. Federal workers are about to miss a paycheck.

Another lie, but that is all he has at this point.  Extending the talks to February will do nothing when the left won't budge on expanding the wall.  A complete waste of time.

Some families can’t get a mortgage to buy a new home. Farmers and small businesses won’t get loans they desperately need. Most presidents have used oval office addresses for noble purposes. This president just used the backdrop of the oval office to manufacture a crisis, stoke fear and divert attention from the turmoil in his administration.

Where was he during the Obama and Bush administrations? Must have been too busy counting his millions earned from insider information garnered from his position. The left didn't seem to care about those hurt American people during Obama's shutdowns.

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
8.1  seeder  Don Overton  replied to  Ronin2 @8    5 years ago

Sorry of no practical value and off topic bye

bugsy
Professor Participates
8.1.1  bugsy  replied to  Don Overton @8.1    5 years ago

Um, the entire post was on topic, no reason to flag it as you did. The topic is Pelosi and Schumer's response to Trump's Oval Office speech and he used almost every word they said to debunk their rebuttal.

Now, you are the seeder and zero of your posts have been on topic. Most just say another poster's post is wrong....and nothing to say why.

Go ahead and flag my comment. I know you will.

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
8.1.2  MonsterMash  replied to  Don Overton @8.1    5 years ago

In other words, your saying " Ronin, don't derail my seed by presenting facts."

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
8.1.3  seeder  Don Overton  replied to  MonsterMash @8.1.2    5 years ago

You didn't have any, nice diversion try but no cookie

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
8.1.4  seeder  Don Overton  replied to  bugsy @8.1.1    5 years ago