╌>

Trump Has Just Hired An Army Of 17 Lawyers To Hide From Mueller

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  5 years ago  •  33 comments

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Politics

a344e1a0-c371-11e6-9393-b137ba7675b9_Esq   Olivia Ovenden, Esquire   2 hours 33 minutes ago  

gettyimages-1079949834.jpg?crop=1.00xw%2

From Esquire

Despite his attempts to cause confusion and chaos with a national address on the proposed border wall - in which he said very little - the heat of the Mueller investigation is clearly getting to Donald.

So much so that he's considerably strengthened his legal team in order to help protect himself as the feared contents of Mueller's report loom.

The significantly larger team has been assembled with the aim of preventing Trump's discussions with top legal advisors being disclosed to House Democrats or revealed in Mueller's forthcoming report.

The Independent   report that, " The strategy to strongly assert the president's executive privilege   on both fronts is being developed under newly arrived White House counsel Pat Cipollone, who has hired 17 lawyers in recent weeks to help in the effort."

Were Trump to succeed in blocking areas of Mueller's report from becoming public it would enrage Democrats, many of which have long been hoping the contents of the report will give them grounds to issue subpoenas.

With the report potentially due as soon as next month, Democrats are especially concerned that Trump's legal team is attempting to conceal obstruction of justice by the president - an impeachable offence.

55c4b6f0cb2b0e09410c51b0aa992681

Hoping to hide behind an army of lawyers, Trump's legal team have told special counsel Robert Mueller he will not answer any more questions.

Trump's lawyer Rudy Giuliani told   Reuters , " As far as we're concerned, everything is over.   We weren't convinced they had any questions they don't know the answer to."

He added, "They could try to subpoena him if they want. But they know we could fight that like hell," he said.

The investment in a bolstered legal team is particularly galling for federal government workers who continue to go unpaid amid the partial government shut down. Donny always said his priority was protecting American jobs, but perhaps he should have made clear he only meant his own.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

Sounds like the big fat turd has a lot to  hide.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @1    5 years ago

I think all this wall talk is a distraction

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2    5 years ago

Because of this:

and other things?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.1    5 years ago

wow....

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.3  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @1    5 years ago

that's what, a lawyer for each incident of obstruction of justice? or 1 for each incident of russian collusion? how many lawyers has the fuckwad got now, I've lost count.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2  Ozzwald    5 years ago

Same as usual, only a witch hunt, nothing to see, so he's going to do his best to make sure you can't see it.

Nothing-to-see.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Ozzwald @2    5 years ago

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Ozzwald @2    5 years ago

Someone needs to superimpose the white house blowing up behind him... In all my decades of following American politics I've never seen anything like this, and pretty much every Presidential historian agrees. The Trump administration has lowered the bar even below the Nixon administration yet they continue to insist "Nothing to see here...Please disperse...".

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ozzwald @2    5 years ago

I've always loved that scene

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.3.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.3    5 years ago
I've always loved that scene

Loved all 6 episodes of the series.

2FmhlrD.png

JBB
Professor Principal
3  JBB    5 years ago

Here Come The Indictments...

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JBB @3    5 years ago

Only in the progressive liberal left's twisted dreams...jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
3.2  livefreeordie  replied to  JBB @3    5 years ago

Only if justice is done and conspiracy convictions come to the Obama Administration for their illegal attempt against Trump and his campaign

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.2.1  devangelical  replied to  livefreeordie @3.2    5 years ago

why stop there? GWB, Cheney, and Rumsfeld could still easily be fitted with hemp neckties for war crimes.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  livefreeordie @3.2    5 years ago

jrSmiley_23_smiley_image.gif

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.2.3  Ronin2  replied to  devangelical @3.2.1    5 years ago

You want to add Obama, Biden, and Gates to that as well? Or are extra judicial killings not considered a crime anymore?

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
3.2.4  livefreeordie  replied to  devangelical @3.2.1    5 years ago

No war crimes I’m aware of.

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.2.5  devangelical  replied to  Ronin2 @3.2.3    5 years ago

Hypocrites should probably first check with the russian puppet in the white house about the validity of American laws on foreign soil. In my opinion, the CIA should be exercising extreme prejudice against Americans involved in unamerican activities outside America. I'm disappointed certain oil company executives that were involved in buying black market terrorist oil didn't end up decorating a middle eastern desert.

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.2.6  devangelical  replied to  livefreeordie @3.2.4    5 years ago

[deleted/taunting]

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.2.8  Ronin2  replied to  devangelical @3.2.5    5 years ago

How does that excuse Obama's extra judicial killings of Americans w/o trial?

Further, how does it excuse his extra judicial killings of foreign citizens in countries that the US is not at war with. If Bush is guilty of war crimes- then so is Obama.

Hypocrites should hold both sides accountable for violations of US and international laws.

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.2.9  devangelical  replied to  gooseisgone @3.2.7    5 years ago

what US Federal courts are located on foreign soil? I thought reading comprehension issues by the right were limited to the bible and Constitution.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.2.10  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ronin2 @3.2.8    5 years ago
How does that excuse Obama's extra judicial killings of Americans w/o trial?

In my not so humble opinion, those so-called Americans gave up their American card when they decided to go fight with jihadist terrorists

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.2.11  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.2.10    5 years ago

no shit. that doesn't stop the but, but, but Obama chorus though. There's a lot more rightwing entrepreneurs selling out America to our enemies besides the POS/POTUS. Due process applies here, but once they step out of the park, they deserve to get their tickets punched by the CIA.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.2.12  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  livefreeordie @3.2    5 years ago

Yep! Especially after Obama, Holder, and their minions walked away scot free over the Fast and Furious debacle...

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4  bbl-1    5 years ago

The Trump is proving his brilliance of the slide/skate/dodge and come out standing with not a hair out of place.

Within three months, Mueller, Rosenstein, Comey, Both Clintons, Obama and his traitorous family--especially the children, Biden, Pelosi, Schumer and the majority of the democrats in the house and senate will be indicted for treason against the gawd that has delivered onto us the Trump.

It is time to 'bow and kneel' as foretold by the Omarosa on that day which now seems like centuries ago.

No sarc.  Worship the Trump or get out of gawd's land. 

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
5  Sunshine    5 years ago

Having legal representation is mind boggling for the looney left.

Only Mueller is entitled to a host of lawyers. jrSmiley_23_smiley_image.gif

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
6  igknorantzrulz    5 years ago

Do any of you Trump defenders that are bringing up Obama and company, or Hillary etc, 

realizze 

that NO INDICTNENTS FOR the Obama Administration

again, NONE,

now how many m counting for the A whole lot of treason in our White House Again ???

The most investigated Bitch in the world  , Hillary , was NEVER charged with ANYTHING, but I agree that she is an unlikable pol, and made some unscrupulous devious imho, but all within the boundaries of the laws

you know laws u give TRUMPP A PASS ON

WTF

hypocriy much 

let me help use

YES!

lady in black
Professor Quiet
6.1  lady in black  replied to  igknorantzrulz @6    5 years ago

They just can't help spewing whataboutisms even when they're alternative facts.......jrSmiley_23_smiley_image.gif