╌>

Every single member of Congress on the border, Democrat or Republican, they don't support the wall

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  5 years ago  •  60 comments

Every single member of Congress on the border, Democrat or Republican, they don't support the wall
Interesting that we've had Texas representatives Thorneberry, Hurd, and yourself  say they don't believe the Wallis not the right way, who are the Congressman who cover most of texas border.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Texas Congressman Will Hurd (R-TX)

Excerpts:

The problem is we don't have the local Border Patrol Chiefs sit diown with the local communities and work out what sort of security we need-- it cannot be Washington driven! Those folks down there at the border know better than Washington bureaucrats.

Interesting that we've had Texas representatives Thorneberry, Hurd, and yourself  say they don't believe the Wallis not the right way, who are the Congressman who cover most of texas border.

There are areas where you can stand with one foot on the Mexican side and one foot on the American side. We have pretty much walled that up fenced thatup. But if you look at the river, when they put a Wall up there, they don't put it at the river bank they actually go one mile inside (the U.S.) so if you believe in property right  which I know y'all do, why are we giving up one mile of territory over there.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago

Every single Congressman on the border, they don't support the Wall.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Krishna @1    5 years ago

Every single Democrat and one Republican Congressman on the border, they don't support the Wall.

There, I fixed it for you...

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago

The problem is we don't have the local Border Patrol Chiefs sit diown with the local communities and work out what sort of security we need-- it cannot be Washington driven! Those folks down there at the border know better than Washington bureaucrats.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Krishna @2    5 years ago

Border security is something for the feds to handle--just like illegal aliens, right?

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1    5 years ago

Border security is something for the feds to handle--just like illegal aliens, right?

Actually Area 51 is in New Mexico, not Texas.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @2.1.1    5 years ago

Not to be confused with Bob Dylan's  Highway 51:

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  Krishna @2.1.1    5 years ago

LOL!

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.1.4  1stwarrior  replied to  Krishna @2.1.1    5 years ago

Area 51 is an extension of Edwards AFB and is located in Nevada - not even close to New Mexico.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
2.1.5  Nowhere Man  replied to  1stwarrior @2.1.4    5 years ago
Area 51 is an extension of Edwards AFB and is located in Nevada

Originally it was an airbase supporting the USAAF in WWII. currently it encompasses Groom Lake, a dry salt flat known as The Groom Lake Test Facility which was established in April 1955 by the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) for Project AQUATONE, the development of the Lockheed U-2 strategic reconnaissance aircraft.

According to Kelly Johnson..... (lockheed's designer of the U-2 and head of the skunkworks)

"We flew over it and within thirty seconds, you knew that was the place ... it was right by a dry lake. Man alive, we looked at that lake, and we all looked at each other. It was another Edwards, so we wheeled around, landed on that lake, taxied up to one end of it. It was a perfect natural landing field ... as smooth as a billiard table without anything being done to it". Johnson used a compass to lay out the direction of the first runway. The place was called "Groom Lake".

Hence the top secret designation.

About 25 miles south of Rachel NV.

It is also thought that it is still being used as a top secret aircraft test and evaluation center.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
2.2  KDMichigan  replied to  Krishna @2    5 years ago
Those folks down there at the border know better than Washington bureaucrats.

So why don't the Democrats listen to the border patrol agents that work the southern border instead of feeding there sheeple bullshit?

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago

Let's talk about the border. McAllen in my district,which is where I live, had 4.8 murders per 100,000. Washington DC which is where we are now had 17.7 per 100,000.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1  Texan1211  replied to  Krishna @3    5 years ago

That tends to happen in large cities. Probably almost all cities of more than 2-3 million have higher murder rates.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  Krishna @3    5 years ago

In other words, violent crime really isn't much of an issue. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Thrawn 31 @3.2    5 years ago

Many illegal aliens don't stay on the border.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3.2.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.1    5 years ago

Okay?

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
3.3  KDMichigan  replied to  Krishna @3    5 years ago
Washington DC which is where we are now had 17.7 per 100,000.

And Flint Michigan is 46 per 100,000. 

WTF do murder rates have to do with our porous borders?

The murder rate of Sault Ste. Marie on the Canadian border is 0 per 100,000.

Isn't unnecessary statistics fun?

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
4  Bob Nelson    5 years ago

If you live near the Mexican border, then you know the Wall is pointless.

Period.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
4.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Bob Nelson @4    5 years ago

It most definitely is. 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
4.2  KDMichigan  replied to  Bob Nelson @4    5 years ago
If you live near the Mexican border, then you know the Wall is pointless.

Because you say so?

People that live along the border want security and if you believe they don't then obviously you are clueless as to what the people actually want. The only ones who don't want border security are the those who profit from a lack of it and a few LWNJ

JBB
Professor Principal
4.2.1  JBB  replied to  KDMichigan @4.2    5 years ago

Apparently, most people living near the border think The Wall is stupid...

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
4.2.3  KDMichigan  replied to  JBB @4.2.1    5 years ago
most people living near the border think The Wall is stupid...

Have citations for this B.S. or not?

And by wall I'm referencing a barrier to stop future illegal democratic voters from crossing over.

I do understand that a lot of Democrats are stupid enough to think that when a wall is referenced they think the Great Wall in China.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
4.2.4  Thrawn 31  replied to    5 years ago

And why is it required?

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
4.2.5  Thrawn 31  replied to  KDMichigan @4.2.3    5 years ago
I do understand that a lot of Democrats are stupid enough to think that when a wall is referenced they think the Great Wall in China.

Pretty sure that is why most Trump voters voted for him.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Bob Nelson @4    5 years ago

I beg to differ Bob. I live on the border just like you do, but I most certainly do not think a wall is pointless so we will just have to agree to disagree on that one. I will say no more. Have a good day Nob.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.3.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @4.3    5 years ago

Sorry, I meant Bob. Darned auto correct!!!

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
5  Thrawn 31    5 years ago

It amuses me to hear fat ass and his idiots blame democrats for the lack of wall funding when they had 2 fucking years to make it happen. Clearly none of them think a wall is actually that big of a deal, Trump just sells it to his idiot base to keep them distracted.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1  Texan1211  replied to  Thrawn 31 @5    5 years ago

Using that logic. Democrats don't care about comprehensive immigration reform because they didn't pass it when in the majority.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
5.1.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1    5 years ago

Quite possibly. 

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
6  Nowhere Man    5 years ago

You know, for all that think they know anything about politics in this country haven't a clue about what this fight is all about.....

It's a standoff aimed directly at both parties base voters.....

T-rump has made promises to the republican base, Schumer and Pelosi have made promises to the democrat base.

Promises they have sworn to keep.....

They both want to win more than lose and trust me the middle voters are watching for which one blinks first.....

The democrats have offered 20 billion in the past rejected by T-rump.....

The republicans are offering a path to citizenship for the dreamers and other illegals currently being rejected by the democrats.

This has nothing to do with anything the nation actually needs it has everything to do with winning in the view of the middle voter....

While playing to the base.......

It's the bad part of party politics in the spotlight, neither side want's to appear weak......

The first side that flinches or blinks will be perceived as the losing side....

It's an all the marbles fight over nothing of real importance.....

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.1  Split Personality  replied to  Nowhere Man @6    5 years ago

In 2013, a bipartisan bill written by Schumer passed the Senate 68.32

It included up to $46 bIllion  for 10 years of wall/fence construction and maintenance.

Additional 40,000 CBP agents

eliminated H2A visas, restricted H1B visas and eliminated the Diversity Lottery.

Provided job training to Americans, and established the groundwork for a 13 year path to citizenship for dreamers and immediate famiy.

John Boehner

Said it was dead on arrival in the House because

it was too long to read

Schumer was involved

Obama wanted it.

Since Tip passed and Gingrich poisoned the well, nothing seems to get done

even when a party has complete 3 branch control...

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
6.1.1  Nowhere Man  replied to  Split Personality @6.1    5 years ago

I know, ain't that the damndest thing?

The last thing passed with full party control of the government was Obamacare, and look at how much of a political disaster that was.....

since then?

Nothing.....

and I'm sorry to say with the state the government in is today?

That is a good thing......

JBB
Professor Principal
6.1.2  JBB  replied to  Nowhere Man @6.1.1    5 years ago

The last time either party had the 60 votes in the US Senate to get anything big done was when Ted Kennedy managed to drag himself dying up and out of his deathbed to cast the last required 60th vote to pass the ACA..,

The damn gop never let Obama have anything else he proposed even proposals the gop previously supported. Trump is a manifestation of the gop's intransigence and incompetence...

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
6.1.3  Nowhere Man  replied to  JBB @6.1.2    5 years ago

That 60 vote majority was the only reason they got that..... and in doing it they completely ignored one complete half of the country and very arrogantly so....

The 2010 midterms was the response to that, the greatest legislative landslide in history.

And wasn't it Reid that was preventing anything the House passed from coming to the floor of the Senate for the next six years?

Of course it was..... (there's that GOP intransigence for ya, didn't know Harry was a closet republican)

So the current political environment is directly caused by democrats and their arrogance telling the other side to shut up, "WE HAVE THE VOTES", yep they certainly did......

And today is a representation of that....

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @6.1.2    5 years ago
The damn gop never let Obama have anything else he proposed even proposals the gop previously supported. Trump is a manifestation of the gop's intransigence and incompetence...

So Obama's only accomplishment was the PPACA?

Wow, in 8 years--how effective.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
6.1.5  Thrawn 31  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.4    5 years ago
So Obama's only accomplishment was the PPACA? Wow, in 8 years--how effective.

Something no other president achieved in 60 years. So yeah, pretty big fucking deal. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  Thrawn 31 @6.1.5    5 years ago

Okay, Joe. Take it easy there.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
6.1.7  Thrawn 31  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.6    5 years ago

Glad you got it ;)

But still, he was right. It really was a presidency defining bit of legislation, and one that is increasingly popular.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  Thrawn 31 @6.1.7    5 years ago

Funny how some tout how popular it is now.

Usually those same people tell me the wall is unwanted by the majority of Americans as though it matters.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
6.1.9  Thrawn 31  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.8    5 years ago
Funny how some tout how popular it is now.

Because people realized all the GOP nonsense about it was just that? Nonsense? Government takeover of healthcare? Why I am still paying an insurance company? My premiums were better till Trump took charge. My last Obama year premium increase was 6%, my first Trump increase was 14%. So I guess thanks fuck face, MAGA right?

And the wall is useless, all the data says it is.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  Thrawn 31 @6.1.9    5 years ago
Because people realized all the GOP nonsense about it was just that? Nonsense? Government takeover of healthcare? Why I am still paying an insurance company? My premiums were better till Trump took charge. My last Obama year premium increase was 6%, my first Trump increase was 14%. So I guess thanks fuck face, MAGA right?
And the wall is useless, all the data says it is

Oh, FFS, your premiums didn't go up because of Trump. Where do you get that from?

The majority of Americans were against the PPACA prior to passing. Democrats ignored their constituent majority and passed it anyways. I didn't say a word about government takeover of healthcare, so really not sure why you insinuated I did.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
6.1.11  Thrawn 31  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.10    5 years ago
Oh, FFS, your premiums didn't go up because of Trump.

Perhaps because of his efforts to undermine the ACA. But I am willing to be petty, if he wants to say everything good that happens is because of him (a God King?) then so is everything bad. Therefore fuck face is personally responsible for my insurance premiums. 

The majority of Americans were against the PPACA prior to passing. Democrats ignored their constituent majority and passed it anyways.

And now a majority like it. So much so that a GOP majority failed to get rid of it.

I didn't say a word about government takeover of healthcare, so really not sure why you insinuated I did.

[Deleted]

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
7  Sean Treacy    5 years ago

Because illegal immigration only effects the border. 

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
7.1  Nowhere Man  replied to  Sean Treacy @7    5 years ago

Don't get me wrong, I'm with you on something needs to be done about illegals.

But this current fight, transcends that issue and all the other issues surrounding it.

It's become a political cat fight.... Both sides drawing lines publicly they can't back off without the appearance of losing the fight. It is more about the 2020 election that fixing what is wrong.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
7.1.2  Nowhere Man  replied to    5 years ago

AS much as I agree with you, your missing what is happening....

This little minor issue over 5 billion (a drop in the budget bucket) is becoming an overall referendum on Democrat/Republican.

Neither side can afford to budge.

T-rump CAN do it without Congress in a number of ways with any number of justifications. but taking that road would be viewed as a democrat win. He can't afford that politically.

Schumer and Pelosi could defuse this in any number of ways also, heck slip the funding into any number of bills as an unnoticed line item, they CAN'T afford to either.... they would look like they are caving it also.....

Given both those facts of what could be done, why is it still an impasse?

Cause neither side politically can afford to be seen as weak to their base. Party politics right now is ruling the roost.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
7.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  Sean Treacy @7    5 years ago
Because illegal immigration only effects the border.

True enough, illegal immigrants clean my hotel rooms and pick my food across the country. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Thrawn 31 @7.2    5 years ago
True enough, illegal immigrants clean my hotel rooms and pick my food across the country.

Gee, you should report them to authorities then.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
7.2.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  Texan1211 @7.2.1    5 years ago

Fuck no, why would I make an effort to increase costs for myself?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.2.3  Texan1211  replied to  Thrawn 31 @7.2.2    5 years ago

Oh, so it is all about you and nothing to do with supposed exploitation of illegal aliens.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
8  Jeremy Retired in NC    5 years ago

Whether they support it or not is irrelevant.  Securing the border was voted on and signed into law in October 2006 (with a democrat majority).  They owe it to us to enforce that law and secure the border.  Time to get to work.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
8.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @8    5 years ago

It is a long ass border and takes a lot of manpower. It will NEVER be 100% secured. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Thrawn 31 @8.1    5 years ago
It is a long ass border and takes a lot of manpower. It will NEVER be 100% secured.

I have never, ever seen anyone claim that it will be 100% successful at eliminating illegal aliens from crossing our border.

But it damn sure can't hurt.

Failing to do something because it might not be 100% effective is shortsighted and rather stupid.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
8.1.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Thrawn 31 @8.1    5 years ago

There is an option that nobody is willing to address.  Manning the border could be made a military duty assignment just like being assigned to units in Korea, Germany or anywhere else.  Think of it like the 1st Calvary Division's rotations into South Korea.  They rotate in every 9  -10 months with a fully equipped BCT to include M1s Abrams, M2s, M142's and cannon artillery.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
9  1stwarrior    5 years ago

Have absolutely no idea how to get these videos in the comments other than cut'n'pasting the link.

We don't need a border fence/wall?  Watch the video.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
9.1  Nowhere Man  replied to  1stwarrior @9    5 years ago
Have absolutely no idea how to get these videos in the comments other than cut'n'pasting the link.

There is no way to do it directly with a facebook video...... (or any other video service except youtube or vimeo (the vimeo plug in for the site is not installed I believe))

Linkage is the only way

And no shite! that is some wall they are showing there

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
9.2  KDMichigan  replied to  1stwarrior @9    5 years ago
We don't need a border fence/wall?  Watch the video.

This is funny. Acosta trying to prove Trump wrong by showing that walls actually work...The LWNJ are desperate with there Anti-Trump fanaticism. 

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
10  tomwcraig    5 years ago

Here is where planning takes place.  What happens when a wall/fence/barrier is built in Location A?  Location B and other locations have a sudden uptick in illegal border crossings; because they don't have a wall/fence/barrier.  That is a natural progression, so it makes sense to plan to build a wall/fence/barrier across the entire border.  But, Democratic geniuses like Maxine Waters and Kamala Harris don't get called out for their lack of thinking skills, since they are not thinking ahead; but are thinking of their immediate goals of gaining more power for themselves.  They ignore the impact of illegal immigration on the health of their constituents due to the lack of immunizations, the economic impact due to the need to create low income housing and funding for these people that their state has declared as seeking sanctuary, and the legal impact on the citizens as these illegal immigrants commit more crimes.  A recently released study regarding crime and illegal immigration in Arizona shows that illegal immigrants are FAR more likely to commit violent crimes than a US Citizen or legal immigrant: