╌>

Republicans Can Win The Shutdown If…

Category:  Op/Ed

Via:  donald-trump-fan1  •  5 years ago  •  227 comments

Republicans Can Win The Shutdown If…
Rather than being sucked into answering for every sad tale of woe, most of which are fed to reporters by liberal activists and Democratic operatives, Republicans have to stand strong and refuse to take the bait. Respond to these inquiries with simple, obvious truths like, “It’s sad what’s happening. I wish Democrats had kept the House in session this weekend so we could work together to end this, but they have no interest in negotiation. So maybe you should ask them about it.”

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

It’s not a joke to say Republicans have an uncanny knack for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Of all the things the GOP excels at, this tops the charts. So as the longest partial shutdown of the government in history rolls on, it’s important to take a moment to check the status of things and game out how things could go. And, believe it or not, Republicans could actually end up with money for a border wall (or barrier, whatever) if only they ignore all their natural instincts and stand strong.

The sad profiles of federal employees claiming to be on the verge of destruction have already begun, as have the stories of others impacted by the absence of a small percentage of a small percentage of the government. These “human interest” stories are a staple of everything liberals do – appealing to feelings is much easier than making a logical argument when your policies make no logical sense. 

Rather than being sucked into answering for every sad tale of woe, most of which are fed to reporters by liberal activists and Democratic operatives, Republicans have to stand strong and refuse to take the bait. Respond to these inquiries with simple, obvious truths like, “It’s sad what’s happening. I wish Democrats had kept the House in session this weekend so we could work together to end this, but they have no interest in negotiation. So maybe you should ask them about it.” 

Most of these stories don’t stand up to basic scrutiny. As I said on my podcast on Thursday , one of the first stories of hardship doesn’t make any sense, but it was reported as fact anyway. 

CNBC reported on a man whose purchase of a new home was put on hold because of the shutdown. They reported , “Michael Thallheimer was looking forward to hosting Christmas Day at his new three-bedroom house in Rio Dell, California.  Then the government shutdown hit on Dec. 22, putting his USDA loan on hold. The government's mortgage program for low- and middle-income Americans in rural areas is currently not issuing any new funds in the meantime.”

The 22nd was a Friday, the shutdown didn’t start until midnight. How was this guy planning on hosting Christmas Day the following Tuesday, even with both Monday and Tuesday being federal holidays? Aside from the logistics of moving and hosting anything other than an unpacking party a few days later, how did the shutdown ruin his plans? Were federal workers going to work on the weekend to process his paperwork? Were they going to forego their Monday holiday? None of it makes sense, and none of it appears to have been questioned by the reporter. 

CNBC simply published it because of its emotional appeal. “Thallheimer doesn't know how much longer his landlord will let him stay at his current rental house, from which he was supposed to be long gone.  ‘I may have to be homeless for a while,’ Thallheimer, 58, said,” they wrote.

I don’t know the truth, but it sure doesn’t seem like the reporter does either. Yet only one of us seems to have any questions about a story that doesn’t hold up under casual scrutiny. 

There may be a logical reason for it, like shoddy writing, but it comes across as too good to check. And that’s what Republicans are up against as the shutdown rolls into its 4th week. 

All Republicans have to do is ignore their instincts, their weaker members, every pundit and journalist, and stick to their guns. 

A few Republicans have expressed a desire to cave, but they’re the ones whose natural position is submission - the Lisa Murkowskis of the world. Otherwise, it’s been refreshing to see so many not only refuse to buckle, but actually fight back. 

Across the aisle, Democrats are seeing cracks. Far more have spoken favorably of some kind of compromise that includes a barrier than Republicans begging for mercy. 

That fact will lead to more “shutdown stories,” because it’s all the left has. 

Their talking points have been surprisingly weak – calling walls “immoral” or saying they don’t work (which makes anyone who understands what happens when 2 solids meet, laugh). They’ve already started down the path of their disgusting hail mary pass – cries of racism . These aren’t the actions of people winning an argument. 

President Trump and Congressional Republicans have their fate in their hands, which is what makes me nervous. The mutant liberal army and rent-a-mob protesters are about to come out in full-force to cause made for TV scenes of screaming in faces and hearing on the Hill (think Kavanaugh hearings on steroids). 

A wall, a barrier, a couple of rocks stacked on top of each other, or some tall grass are all things that will trigger the Democratic Party’s army in the coming days. Government unions will provide the victims, and the media will provide the megaphone. But what Democrats don’t have on their side is common sense. 

Walls work. If the objective is to stop the flow of people and drugs across the vast open spaces along the border, something more than a line on a map is required. And the American people know that. 

Republicans are holding all the cards here, the only thing needed before the mounting pressure cracks Democrats in half is for them to have a spine; to prove their underpants aren’t empty and keep the government shutdown until, come Hell or high water, funding for a wall is passed out of Congress and signed by the president. It’s really that simple…which is why I worry that Republicans will screw it up.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1  seeder  XXJefferson51    5 years ago

“Walls work. If the objective is to stop the flow of people and drugs across the vast open spaces along the border, something more than a line on a map is required. And the American people know that. 

Republicans are holding all the cards here, the only thing needed before the mounting pressure cracks Democrats in half is for them to have a spine; to prove their underpants aren’t empty and keep the government shutdown until, come Hell or high water, funding for a wall is passed out of Congress and signed by the president. It’s really that simple…”

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
1.1  Studiusbagus  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    5 years ago
Republicans are holding all the cards here,

Hahahaha! 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  Studiusbagus @1.1    5 years ago

I find it funnier that the Likes of Pelosi and Chucky talk about "Compromise"....ALL THE TIME, but are "Blatant" in their little feel good speeches in how they "Won't" Compromise.

Now that's worthy of a LMFAO Hahahahahahaha !

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.2  Ozzwald  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.1    5 years ago

Now that's worthy of a LMFAO Hahahahahahaha !

What's even funnier is Trump's talk of negotiation after walking into a meeting, asking if they will fund his wall, then immediately walking out when the answer was "no".

Great negotiator my ass!  Hahahahahahaha ! jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.3  It Is ME  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.2    5 years ago

Trump has always been about the "art of the deal" from day one. Did you know he wrote a book about it ?

Read it !

Pelosi and Chucky types are all about "Nothing". If they were actually about "Something", they and other Liberal Politicians wouldn't be running on the same thing Over and Over if they were actually ABOUT "something", because they would have ACTUALLY FIXED what they constantly run on ! ! (Facepalm Face)

By the by.....What "Promise" was broken by Trump ?

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.4  devangelical  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.3    5 years ago

trump's books weren't written by him because he's too fucking stupid, as proven by his nonsensical and illiterate tweets. his idea of compromise is that he gets everything he wants and the opposition gets nothing. as long as trump's shutdown continues, his and the republicans public approval ratings nose dive. the whole purpose of trump's shutdown now is to keep his decade long bromance with putin out of the news. his dumbass wall would be being built now if he hadn't reneged on the first deal. watching trump drag the blue haired relics in the senate over the cliff with him in 2020 will be hilarious, if the traitorous russian puppet is still around by then.

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
1.1.5  Studiusbagus  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.1    5 years ago

Ahhh good! 

You should laugh, it's good for the soul.

Several compromises were offered over time...I kept hearing about how much the Dems offered before, at one point 42 billion to build the wall. 

Then each and every time he backed away and tried to hold DACA hostage again.

So, who won't compromise?

He wanted 5 billion this time and was offered 2.6 billion so he shut down the government.

You really think this will backlash on the Dems? I certainly don't.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.7  Ozzwald  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.3    5 years ago
Did you know he wrote a book about it ?

No, I know his ghost writer wrote a book about with Trump's name on it. 

Trump 'Art of the Deal' co-author: It’s been fraud all along

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.8  devangelical  replied to    5 years ago
Who's the dumbass?

_v=1528148239

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.10  It Is ME  replied to  Studiusbagus @1.1.5    5 years ago

Democrats were a bit stuck on the Lottery and Chain Migration part of the lottery. They just couldn't give up that New Voter Registration. LOL !

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.11  It Is ME  replied to  devangelical @1.1.4    5 years ago

The info in the book has to come from somewhere. Is their a link that shows this supposed "Ghost Writer" just adlibbed ?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.12  JohnRussell  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.7    5 years ago
Did you know he wrote a book about it ?

Donald Trump has never written a book in his life. I think he would struggle to write a paragraph.

JumpDrive
Freshman Silent
1.1.13  JumpDrive  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.3    5 years ago
Trump has always been about the "art of the deal" from day one. Did you know he wrote a book about it ? Read it !

Don't waste your time, a 1988 review can be read here (spoiler -- Trump hasn't changed in 30 years):

Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו
Junior Participates
1.1.14  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Studiusbagus @1.1    5 years ago
Republicans are holding all the cards here,

Again, we have to note that the lies they have to tell themselves are even bigger than they tell the rest of us. If that isn't the very definition of pathetic, I don't know what else would be. 

Junior Participates
1.1.15  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.7    5 years ago
No, I know his ghost writer wrote a book about with Trump's name on it. 

And here's what he (Tony Schwartz) had to say about Scumbag:

Schwartz was the subject of a July 2016 article in  The New Yorker  in which Schwartz describes Donald Trump unfavorably and relates how he came to regret writing  The Art of the Deal . [4]  He also stated that if it were to be written today it would be very different and titled  The Sociopath . [4]  Schwartz repeated his self-criticism on  Good Morning America , saying he had "put lipstick on a pig." [10]  In response to these claims, Trump's attorneys have demanded that Schwartz cede all his royalties from the book to Trump. [11] [12]

And this is a guy who had to spend months with Scumbag seeing him in all his fetid splendor day-in and day-out.  It must have taken years to purge those demons.  

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.1.16  Raven Wing  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.12    5 years ago
I think he would struggle to write a paragraph.

That is more than evident in his tweets. jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
1.1.17  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Raven Wing @1.1.16    5 years ago
That is more than evident in his tweets. 

LOL, I'd love to see him try to keep up here even. I can see it now, Ticket, ticket, ticket ...  suspended !

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.18  Ozzwald  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.12    5 years ago

Seriously?  A paragraph?  He can't even get a 2 sentence tweet right.

Sophomore Guide
1.1.19  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  It Is ME @1.1.3    5 years ago
Trump has always been about the "art of the deal" from day one. Did you know he wrote a book about it ?

yep, too bad he is still living that book, cause now he's president and we need much more from a president than a person who is negotiating 24/7/375. We need someone we can trust to tell us the truth, not just what he thinks will get him whatever He wants.  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.20  It Is ME  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @1.1.19    5 years ago
we need much more from a president

I still can't figure out what makes for a "Great" President as a whole.

When you read through history, Presidents are known as "Great" for a few specific things. Take their (entire Tenure) ....snicker :-) and it gets questionable if they were actually "GREAT" !

Sophomore Guide
1.1.21  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  It Is ME @1.1.20    5 years ago
we need much more from a president
I still can't figure out what makes for a "Great" President as a whole.

Personally I don't need a Great president I would prefer one who when he says the sky is falling I could really believe him though. Now I would figure trump is once again either exaggerating, lieing or just saying stuff too get his own way.  That's sad. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.22  It Is ME  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @1.1.21    5 years ago
Personally I don't need a Great president I would prefer one who when he says the sky is falling I could really believe him

Obama noted that the sky was falling. Did you believe him, or did you look out the window to make sure ?

But of course....One of Obama's "Sky is falling" memes, has caused a lot of Police to be "OFF'D" over the last few years. Thank Goodness he had a "Beer Summit" to Quelch his "Gloom and Doom" philosophy/s !

Oooooo….sorry.....that Friendly little "Beer Summit" actually got things a goin'. 

Sophomore Guide
1.1.23  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  It Is ME @1.1.22    5 years ago
Obama noted that the sky was falling. Did you believe him, or did you look out the window to make sure ?

Nope, I missed that one completely. 

Was he correct ?

lol

Sophomore Guide
1.1.24  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  It Is ME @1.1.22    5 years ago
Thank Goodness he had a "Beer Summit" to Quelch his "Gloom and Doom" philosophy/s ! Oooooo….sorry.....that Friendly little "Beer Summit" actually got things a goin'. 

Beer is OK I'd really like to see all of congress get together and get stoned sometime instead though. Not too much just enough to be happy and get alone better.  trump could even order in the munchies for em all.  Mickydees for everyone !

Cooperation built america it could make it really great as well. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.25  It Is ME  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @1.1.24    5 years ago

Politics was NEVER set up on the "GET ALONG ALL THE TIME" mantra !

if it was.....there wouldn't have been a need for "Side" Labels !

This "Can't we just get along" and this "Work Together" crap..... requires getting RID of Political "Labels" and "Differing thought" ! Ain't gonna happen.

NO ONE ….and I mean …..NO ONE...…."THINKS" alike …. and I hope they never do !

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.26  Ender  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @1.1.24    5 years ago

That would be something. Lock them all in a room and pipe it in.

They might come up with an actual idea or two.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.27  It Is ME  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @1.1.23    5 years ago
Was he correct ?

Apparently not !

TRUMP is getting rid of the "Obama SKY" as we speak.

Apparently…"Obama's Sky" wasn't worth much and easy to get rid of.

Sophomore Guide
1.1.28  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  It Is ME @1.1.25    5 years ago
.NO ONE...…."THINKS" alike …. and I hope they never do !

Me ether some people have really stitty solutions to problems. 

Although having different minds thinking of the best solutions and then convincing the others of their reasoning and or cooperating to find the best solution has seemed to work fairly well for the last 241 years for America.  

Cooperation and working together to accomplish goals used to be respected. WTF happened ? 

I think the politicians now know they only have to convince half of the population and they can control the whole. Same with the news networks. Half makes em rich. 

To me thats sad and probably dangerous to the type of governing we will have in the future of our country. Thankfully when I'm done here, I dont really care, or try not to anyway. 

Sophomore Guide
1.1.29  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Ender @1.1.26    5 years ago
Lock them all in a room and pipe it in.

YES ! My thought exactly !

Just a little.  Ya dont want the first timers freakin...lol 

Sophomore Guide
1.1.30  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  It Is ME @1.1.27    5 years ago
Apparently…"Obama's Sky" wasn't worth much and easy to get rid of.

Time will certainly show and tell us. regulations are put in place usually for a reason. A "Falling sky" would indicate too much pollution. By then all the warning wouldn't do much good.

And if I'm not mistaken "Obama's sky" is the same one as trump started out with. So as I said, time will show us who really was correct.  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.31  It Is ME  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @1.1.30    5 years ago

"regulations are put in place usually for a reason."

Sure...….Someones Reasoning at least !

Regulations are added all the time (sigh)….so much for Freedom?). To bad they never did get rid of the "Bad" parts regulation that don't apply anymore.

IMHO....if your gonna add to something, at least get rid of repetitive or non-essential regulation first ! 

Seems TRUMP is doing that.

Ever heard a Liberal say it's time to get rid of some nonsensical regulation ?

They just want to "ADD, ADD, ADD" !

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.1.32  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.3    5 years ago

Nah, he didn't write it, some other guy wrote it and, he put his name on it.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.33  It Is ME  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @1.1.28    5 years ago
Cooperation and working together to accomplish goals used to be respected

Now, Now.….you've been in the business, right ?

Whose idea really get's done in the real world ?

When the "Real" boy and/or girl walks in.....You and I do what THEY want. LOL !

Real World ISN'T a democracy !

Sophomore Guide
1.1.34  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  It Is ME @1.1.31    5 years ago
IMHO....if your gonna add to something, at least get rid of repetitive or non-essential regulation first !  Seems TRUMP is doing that.

I agree with your first part, The second part I have no idea.

when trump announced his deregulations he said "Two regulations must go for every new regulation enacted" That leaves a lot of wiggle room for what is thrown out without much further scrutinization. Is that scrutinization happening responsibility ? I have no idea. I doubt many do. If not we may be screwing ourselves and not even know it. For now. All for the almighty buck. 

Again, time will show us. Reality doesn't lie. Politicians do. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.35  It Is ME  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @1.1.34    5 years ago
The second part I have no idea.

Blame the "Media" !

They're just about "Political OPINION" anymore !

As for:

"Two regulations must go for every new regulation enacted"

There might even be 4 regulations that should go for every 1 enacted. But...…we're right back to "The Media" dontchyaknow. LOL !

Sophomore Guide
1.1.36  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  It Is ME @1.1.33    5 years ago
When the "Real" boy and/or girl walks in.....You and I do what THEY want.

I have a tendency to walk out the door instead. Anyone who puts themselves over me I walk from. I bow down to no one and haven't for a very long time. I dont need Anything form Anybody badly enough not to be treated as anything but an equal. I show others respect and expect the same in return, If not I end the relationship quick. I figure GOD gave me feet for that reason and I'm  not afraid to use em. 

lol

Sophomore Guide
1.1.37  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  It Is ME @1.1.35    5 years ago
"Two regulations must go for every new regulation enacted" There might even be 4 regulations that should go for every 1 enacted.

Perhaps without probably responsible scrutiny no one will ever know for sure, Wiping out regulations just to be wiping out regulations though could have some pretty serious consequences. 

as I said time will tell if responsibility was used or not. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.38  It Is ME  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @1.1.37    5 years ago

"No Ordinary American Cares About Their Constitutional Rights" 
Joe Biden

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.39  It Is ME  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @1.1.36    5 years ago
I have a tendency to walk out the door instead.

Does that mean you have had MANY different jobs ?

Old Hermit
Sophomore Silent
1.1.40  Old Hermit  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.38    5 years ago
"No Ordinary American Cares About Their Constitutional Rights"  Joe Biden

If you have a point to make try doing so without lying.

Bogus Biden Quote Circulates Again

Posted on October 22, 2018

Q: Did former Vice President Joe Biden say “no ordinary American cares about his constitutional rights”?

A: No. That viral quote is false and has circulated for several years.

FULL ANSWER

A quote making the rounds on social media has been falsely attributed to former Vice President Joe Biden, who may run for president in 2020.

“No ordinary American cares about his constitutional rights,” reads the supposed quote. It was included in a popular meme , posted Oct. 20 on Facebook, that bears the logo of the conservative group Turning Point USA.

The quote has circulated   online for years, although there is no evidence Biden ever said that.

A YouTube video , for example, was posted in October 2015 and titled, “Biden: no ordinary American cares about his constitutional rights.” It’s been viewed over 30,000 times.

The video doesn’t show Biden saying that. Instead, it’s a clip of him talking about “roadblocks” set up by the “organized opposition” to gun control.

Biden  spoke  at Western Connecticut State University in February 2013 at a conference on gun violence. It was convened two months after the Sandy Hook Elementary School  shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, which left 20 children and six adults dead. The shooter had also killed his mother and later took his own life.

“They say all you’re going to do … [is] deny law-abiding citizens their rights under the Second Amendment,” Biden said. “Not true.”

He went on to add, “Let me say at the outset to all the press: No law-abiding citizen in the United States of America has any fear that their constitutional rights will be infringed in any way. None, zero.”

The day Biden made his remarks, a  headline on the conservative website Breitbart paraphrased the then-vice president this way: “Biden: No Ordinary American Cares About Their Constitutional Rights, Facebook Questions are Plants.” That appears to be how those words became attributed to Biden.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.41  It Is ME  replied to  Old Hermit @1.1.40    5 years ago
If you have a point to make try doing so without lying.

It's NOT a lie !

“They say all you’re going to do … [is] deny law-abiding citizens their rights under the Second Amendment,” Biden said. “Not true.”

“Let me say at the outset to all the press: No law-abiding citizen in the United States of America has any fear that their constitutional rights will be infringed in any way. None, zero.”

When Government "Bans" anything using a "Feel Good" policy ...… It only deprives Law Abiding Citizens.....and Liberal Types don't get that !

Thus we come full circle to the Liberal "Go-For-It" types !

"No LIBERAL American Cares About Their Constitutional Rights" !

So what Joe noted in his little speech.....is the FUCKING LIE !

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
1.1.42  Larry Hampton  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.41    5 years ago

You equate fear with caring. How telling.

Old Hermit
Sophomore Silent
1.1.43  Old Hermit  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.41    5 years ago

If you are claiming someone said something that they did not say, then yes, you are doing what is known as lying or, as it's becoming known these days, you are trying to tell "A Trumpism".

Either way, you shouldn't do it.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.44  It Is ME  replied to  Old Hermit @1.1.43    5 years ago

I …. claimed NOTHING !

That was taken from "Biden Quotes", and I found it on numerous "Quote Sites" !

Biden....a Politician that helped run the country....is the Fucking Liar !

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.45  It Is ME  replied to  Larry Hampton @1.1.42    5 years ago
You equate fear with caring. How telling.

What fear ?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.46  Tessylo  replied to  Old Hermit @1.1.43    5 years ago
'If you are claiming someone said something that they did not say, then yes, you are doing what is known as lying or, as it's becoming known these days, you are trying to tell "A Trumpism". Either way, you shouldn't do it.'

That's all he's got.  

Sophomore Guide
1.1.47  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  It Is ME @1.1.39    5 years ago
I have a tendency to walk out the door instead.
Does that mean you have had MANY different jobs ?

No I wouldn't say too many. I normally stayed with an employer for between 5 an d 10 years. However every job I accepted and stayed with I was respected and showed respect for others on.

I actually changed the atmosphere in one whole company that I was hired into on the day I was hired. I  was offered the job, I told them I would accept the job, BUT I would not be answering to anything but my name. I  told them, "No B.S. backhanded pet names like I have been witnessing being used with each other since I came to apply here for me."  

I still got the job, they evidently took my observations and desires to heart. The whole atmosphere got much better. They stopped using the derogatory pet names and everyone got respect. Myself included. It ended up a great job I was at for 11 years. 

That's how I handle shit my friend.  I'm real with people. It works for me. 

Sophomore Guide
1.1.48  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Tessylo @1.1.46    5 years ago
That's all he's got.

I thought he was making a point to me and even included a link. this one:

My response back to him is yes most politicians lie or exaggerate way too much. 

Sophomore Guide
1.1.49  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  It Is ME @1.1.38    5 years ago

yes most politicians lie or exaggerate way too much.

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
1.1.50  Larry Hampton  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.45    5 years ago

Biden didn't say that that law abiding citizens don't care about their constitutional rights, he said they don't fear that said rights will be infringed upon. Are you saying that those two things are one in the same?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.51  It Is ME  replied to  Larry Hampton @1.1.50    5 years ago
Biden didn't say that that law abiding citizens don't care about their constitutional rights, he said they don't fear that said rights will be infringed upon.

Don't play "Biden" ….. but really think about that statement for a "Change" !

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
1.1.52  Larry Hampton  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.51    5 years ago
Don't play "Biden" ….. but really think about that statement for a "Change"!

Pardon me; but, I don't understand what you mean. Could you please rephrase to help me better understand your position?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.53  It Is ME  replied to  Larry Hampton @1.1.52    5 years ago
Pardon me; but, I don't understand what you mean.

I understand !

If he was actually in the "Real World", he and YOU, would have known.....It's saying the same thing !

The word "don't" …… doesn't mean two different things !

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.54  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.41    5 years ago

Exactly! jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gifYour posts are right on.  Biden and democrats are a clear and present danger to Americans constitutional rights. 

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
1.1.55  Larry Hampton  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.53    5 years ago
I understand !

If he was actually in the "Real World", he and YOU, would have known.....It's saying the same thing !

The word "don't" …… doesn't mean two different things !

Oh I get it now, you really aren't up for an exchange of ideas. What you are up for it seems is making ignoramus statements without clarification or backing. 

No it is not the same thing. Words do make a difference (that's why we use different ones for different meanings). The fact that you believe that caring about constitutional rights, is the same as fearing losing said rights, says more about your world view than about the issue.

Just put the fear aside; it'll eat ya alive.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.56  It Is ME  replied to  Larry Hampton @1.1.55    5 years ago

I'm not Impressed with your "Idea" !

Now what do we do ?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.57  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.56    5 years ago

Good question.  I’d say that those fearing loss of constitutional rights most certainly care more about said rights than those not concerned about the possible imminent loss of them. 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.2  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    5 years ago
Republicans are holding all the cards here, the only thing needed before the mounting pressure cracks Democrats in half is for them to have a spine;

Keep dreaming, Trump tried to do an end run around Pelosi yesterday by offering lunch to the House Democrats and, got told by all of them, "No thanks we don't want McDonald's at the White House". It also seems that more Republicans are slipping away from McConnell and, Trump than there are any Democrats slipping away from Pelosi or, Schumer.

JBB
Professor Principal
2  JBB    5 years ago

The goddamn gop will win this goddamn shutdown if...Hell Freezes Over...

Ender
Professor Principal
2.1  Ender  replied to  JBB @2    5 years ago

I have come to the conclusion that they have to have the wall controversy.

It takes away the spotlight from everything else.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.1  JBB  replied to  Ender @2.1    5 years ago

There is so much proof of Trump malfeasence it is hard to absorb it all...

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.2  It Is ME  replied to  JBB @2.1.1    5 years ago
There is so much proof of Trump malfeasence it is hard to absorb it all...

At least the "Media" says so anyway. (Facepalm face)

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
2.1.3  Studiusbagus  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.2    5 years ago
At least the "Media" says so anyway. (Facepalm face)

So has the other defendants. And now that he's pegged as an unindicted co-criminal by the court....see the media anywhere in there?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.4  It Is ME  replied to  Studiusbagus @2.1.3    5 years ago
So has the other defendants.

Weird what folks will say when they are in trouble for everything …… BUT !

Junior Participates
2.1.5  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.4    5 years ago
Weird what folks will say when they are in trouble for everything …… BUT !

Yeah, the prospect of jail time does tend to focus the mind.  Especially when the Scumbag they committed crimes for is smearing them.  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.6  It Is ME  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @2.1.5    5 years ago

More "Wander" than "Focus" !

Now what can one think of to get themselves out of a jam......hmmmmmm !

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
2.1.7  Studiusbagus  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.4    5 years ago
Weird what folks will say when they are in trouble for everything …

That's the best part of Cohen keeping records. He didn't have to say a word. They had him and Trump involved by the records...and then there is the recording at the American Media office with Trump taking the lead...

They also have Trump's CFO in a collar, on a leash..

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.8  It Is ME  replied to  Studiusbagus @2.1.7    5 years ago

If it was TRUMP, TRUMP, TRUMP....he would be dragged down town, like the rest of us. 

Don't forget, "Others" in the Political realm are ………. shall we say ………. "Immune" to being Dragged downtown !

Lot's of "Apologies" for those "Political Nitwits", but not much, if anything, ever REALLY happens !

We ARE....talking about TRUMP and the Lynch mob right ? If EVERYTHING that has been "Conjectured" were true, you truly don't think TRUMP would be in front of an impeachment board by now ? With all the internal Leaks going on ?

REALLY ?

LMAO Face !

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.9  JBB  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.8    5 years ago

Zero Obama campaign or administration officials have ever been indicted.

Yes , REALLY...

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.10  It Is ME  replied to  JBB @2.1.9    5 years ago
Zero Obama campaign or administration officials have ever been indicted...

Since it is .……. "TRUMP, TRUMP, TRUMP all the time" with Liberal types......TRUMP.....hasn't been indicted on ANYTHING !

Who gives a crap about some outside personal attorney or some outside "Campaign helper" guy.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
2.1.11  katrix  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.10    5 years ago

His campaign manager is not just some campaign helper guy.

His fixer is not some outside personal attorney.

His fake university was determined to be fraudulent.

His charity was determined to be fraudulent.

The investigation is not yet complete.

And an awful lot of his associates have been indicted, pled guilty, or convicted at trial.

If you think those things don't matter, you truly don't give a rat's ass about ethics.  Why do you only care about ethics when it's a Democrat doing something wrong, while giving anyone in the GOP a free pass no matter what they do?  It's a shame you don't seem to have any patriotism ... unless it's for Russia.  Otherwise why don't you care about these things?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.12  It Is ME  replied to  katrix @2.1.11    5 years ago

And here he is.....STILL PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA !

All this crap going on is.....just another way for "Liberals" to try and get some of their "POWER" back. That's IT !

If you were truly "Worried" about "Ethics", you would be whining about everything ALL politicians had ever done throughout their lives.

Get it ? (facepalm face)

ALL...…….....

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.1.14  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.10    5 years ago
Who gives a crap about some outside personal attorney or some outside "Campaign helper" guy.

You might want to ask people like H.R. Halderman and, Chuck Colson about that.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.15  It Is ME  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @2.1.14    5 years ago
You might want to ask people like H.R. Halderman and, Chuck Colson about that.

Who gives a shit ! It wasn't any skin off anyone's back except the one's that went ! It was all about the theater then, just as it's all about the Theater NOW !

Politicians spend more time on which one of them is going to get whom, than they do being actual Statesmen and Stateswomen !

The only thing I care about is how the "Other" folks in this country aren't being over "Lawed" (snicker), Billed (snicker) or regulated by the Hollier-than-thou "D.C. Insiders" !

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.17  It Is ME  replied to    5 years ago
Confession is good for the sole [sic], It Is (all about) ME.

And now here YOU are....making YOUR presence known. 

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
2.1.18  Studiusbagus  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.8    5 years ago
REALLY ?

Yes, really. If it were as you described, but we have heard so many times over "you can't indict a sitting president" and right now Mitch &Co are running cover for him. Which btw seems also to be getting tiring to the rank and file Republicans.

You made the point that these folks will say anything to get away from the heat. I'm showing where they don't need to speak.

Trump has already lied only to find Cohen's recordings and notes PROVE he's lying....then he quietly admits.

Like he did about the payments "Fake News" he said and the droolers ran with it....then "Well, yes, I knew about the payments. But they weren't illegal! Oh, they are? Then it was all Cohen's idea, I wasn't involved.  Oh, there's a recording? "

How much more bullshit is the public expected to just sigh and shrug?

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
2.1.19  Studiusbagus  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.12    5 years ago
And here he is.....STILL PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA !

For the moment, yes.

If the latest allegation proves true it'll be nothing but crying from the right

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.20  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Studiusbagus @2.1.19    5 years ago

It is not true per the special council.  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.21  It Is ME  replied to  Studiusbagus @2.1.19    5 years ago
If the latest allegation proves true

So many...hang there hats on "Allegations"....it has actually become "Sickening" ! 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.22  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.21    5 years ago

Well their lord god Mueller ended their premature celebrations 🥳 last evening and now they have nothing to say.  

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
2.1.23  Studiusbagus  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.20    5 years ago
It is not true per the special council.  

I never knew English could be so difficult.

Can you link to where ANYONE from Mueller's corner said that it was not true?

No, you can't.

He said it wasn't "accurate" for instance it was said "two bags of cash" when it was actually a check. The amount of money and destination was true, the method of payment was inaccurate.

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
2.1.24  Studiusbagus  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.21    5 years ago
So many...hang there hats on "Allegations"

Yeah, I know! And then you find them in the streets and at rallies screaming "lock her up!"

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.25  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Studiusbagus @2.1.23    5 years ago

Whatever you want to hang your hat on hoping against all hope that someone somewhere has some dirt on the President of the United States 🇺🇸.  Keep jrSmiley_76_smiley_image.gif

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.26  It Is ME  replied to  Studiusbagus @2.1.24    5 years ago

hmmmmmmm…... Hillary Loses ...……… THEN...……..

" Donations to Clinton Foundation plunged along with Hillary’s election defeat"

Interesting……….Very Interesting ! (scratching head face)

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.27  Sean Treacy  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.26    5 years ago

It's amazing!

Why would a legitimate charity's fundraising  evaporate over a single election?    Did the American Cancer Society's fundraising plunge over the 2016 election?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.28  It Is ME  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1.27    5 years ago
Why would a legitimate charity's fundraising  evaporate over a single election?

Surprise....Surprise....Surprise ……. Shazzam !

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
2.1.29  Studiusbagus  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.26    5 years ago

They should investigate that. But if it's like all the other Republican investigations ......D in H.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.1.30  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.15    5 years ago
Who gives a shit ! It wasn't any skin off anyone's back except the one's that went ! It was all about the theater then, just as it's all about the Theater NOW !

The problem here is that the people involved in Trumps campaign and, business are being indicted and, convicted of crimes, remember, it was Trump who said he "hired the best people" for the job so, if you have any irony in your bones you have to ask, what job was he hiring them for? After all they are criminals and, this has been proven by the courts.

Politicians spend more time on which one of them is going to get whom, than they do being actual Statesmen and Stateswomen !

I can agree with you on this part of your statement.

If you were truly "Worried" about "Ethics", you would be whining about everything ALL politicians had ever done throughout their lives.

You mean like Representative King from Iowa or, like Trump himself? It seems you have double standards when it comes to Trump.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.31  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @2.1.30    5 years ago

It seems like the democrats are having their share of sexual assault and racist problems yet again.  

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.1.32  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.31    5 years ago
It seems like the democrats are having their share of sexual assault and racist problems yet again.  

What's your point? You support a president that thinks it's alright to grab women by the crotch and, a Representative that thinks hanging with racists is cool and, don't get me started on Kavanaugh. At least the Democrats are demanding an investigation into one and, demanding the other resign. What are the Republicans doing about Trump, an admitted molester of women? Oh, yeah, nothing. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  JBB @2    5 years ago

Then the shutdown isn’t going to end anytime soon....

JBB
Professor Principal
2.2.1  JBB  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.2    5 years ago

The gop in Congress is starting to turn on Trump. He is losing his mind...

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
2.2.2  Studiusbagus  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.2    5 years ago

Oh yeah, it's going to end soon. And will be a traumatic experience to Trump and the trumpettes. 

He's cornered by his own rhetoric, this is just another facet of Trumps ass that's showing his incompetence and his followers' ignorance.

You'd think they would learn after being fleeced by the Tea Party and Sarah Palin. 

This is where the majority get to look, point, and laugh at the stupidity 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.2.3  Ronin2  replied to  Studiusbagus @2.2.2    5 years ago

Only the left thinks they are going to come out of this Scott free.  5 billion is nothing, the government wastes more than that in foreign aide. Not to mention the federal level over-funded, corrupt, programs that never come off the books.

This is where the majority get to look, point, and laugh at the stupidity 

What is funny is that the left thinks they are the majority. Just as bad as the right thinking they are. 

The middle is the majority, and those of us here are sick of the ODS, TDS, and overall BS. Trust us, none of us are laughing at the stupidity of either side. Now, call your moronic Democratic Congress critters back from their asinine PAC paid for vacations in Puerto Rico- and tell them to get to work on a budget that the Senate is able to pass, and Trump is willing sign. 

And no more of this kick the can down the road bullshit by funding everything but DHS; or funding everything and extending DHS funding by a month or two- so only DHS is shutdown when both sides dig in their heels again.  If Pelosi has all of these grand ideas on border security put them in the damn budget. Sorry Dems- you get nothing in return for what you want. No wall; but increased border security in other areas- along with new facilities to process families together.

Best policy is not to let illegal aliens in; but the left seems stuck on stupid. They were for walls before Trump, and now they are against them because Trump is for them. Morons all of them. 

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
2.2.4  Studiusbagus  replied to  Ronin2 @2.2.3    5 years ago
and tell them to get to work on a budget that the Senate is able to pass, and Trump is willing sign. 

They did, it just didn't have the wall money. So manchild shut down the government....funny thing is this started before the Dems took power, now why didn't the Republicans hand over that money to Trump?

Firstly, because he can't pass it through his own party....so blame it on the Dems, right?

And yes, the Dems were willing to fund the wall in exchange for DACA. When it was all buttoned up, he pulled DACA out of the deal.

Same shit, different day 

Junior Participates
2.2.5  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Ronin2 @2.2.3    5 years ago
The middle is the majority, and those of us here are sick of the ODS, TDS, and overall BS. Trust us, none of us are laughing at the stupidity of either side.

Are you going to tell us you didn't vote for Scumbag and yet now feel the need to carry his water?

Junior Participates
2.2.6  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  JBB @2.2.1    5 years ago
The gop in Congress is starting to turn on Trump. He is losing his mind..

Reps have to defend 22 of the 33 (or 34) senate seats up in 2020.  Think that's on their minds, maybe? 

katrix
Sophomore Participates
2.2.7  katrix  replied to  Ronin2 @2.2.3    5 years ago
And no more of this kick the can down the road bullshit by funding everything but DHS; or funding everything and extending DHS funding by a month or two- so only DHS is shutdown when both sides dig in their heels again. 

Since DHS is where the impasse exists, it actually makes perfect sense for the American people to fund everything but DHS.  The border security budget isn't included in the budgets for FDA, Interior, Coast Guard, Border Patrol, TSA, Treasury, etc.  At least then people can get back to work, tax refunds and IRS audits will continue, our TSA and Border Patrol agents will get paid instead of being forced to work for free ...

Including too much crap in a single bill always causes problems and a lack of transparency, anyway.  It should be one issue, one bill.  Neither side seems to have much interest in that, though.  Then the voters would actually know how they voted and they'd be held more liable to their constituents.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.2.8  Ronin2  replied to  Studiusbagus @2.2.4    5 years ago
They did, it just didn't have the wall money.

Wrong, they didn't. One of their budgets funded everything but DHS, really smart. The second one funded everything but DHS, which was extended only to the end of February.  Look it up yourself it you don't believe me. Kicking the can down the road is what got us here in the first place.

You obviously didn't listen to Pelosi's grand speech about how she wanted to handle border security. Not one damn bit of it was included in the House budget.

And yes, the Dems were willing to fund the wall in exchange for DACA. When it was all buttoned up, he pulled DACA out of the deal.

You mean amnesty, call it what it is. Non starter, and they know it. Been down that path back with Reagan. The Dems got their amnesty; and the wall never got funded. The Dems must think no one remembers history. 

Same shit, different day 

You have that right. You are just wrong on whose shit it is. Funny how the Dems were for walls as recently as Obama. Now that Trump wants to add to the border wall, they are against it.

I can't stand Trump; but the hypocrisy on the left is unreal.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.2.9  Ronin2  replied to  katrix @2.2.7    5 years ago
Since DHS is where the impasse exists, it actually makes perfect sense for the American people to fund everything but DHS.

Considering many Dems want to do away with ICE, and the border patrol; no it really doesn't make sense. It just makes shutting down a small portion of the government easier on the Dems. It allows them to not negotiate, and use the issue as a campaign tool. No difficult votes needed, no strong arming of their more radical members in the House.

Including too much crap in a single bill always causes problems and a lack of transparency, anyway.  It should be one issue, one bill. 

Nice in theory; but it never works that way. Neither side is willing to be seen as giving something for nothing. The only way they are willing to pass anything is if they get some meat to hold up their constituents; or the bill is so muddled that all sides have protection.

Neither side seems to have much interest in that, though.  Then the voters would actually know how they voted and they'd be held more liable to their constituents.

That much we can agree on.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.2.10  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @2.2.5    5 years ago

I didn’t vote for President Trump and I certainly support him on this issue.   The irony is that the democrats have to be willing to forgo all of their desires, ambitions, accomplishments for the next two full years as there is nothing on their wish list that Trump couldn’t veto without funding the wall as well.  A total do nothing Congress.  And that’s even if we end the general budget shutdown right now.  

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
2.2.11  Studiusbagus  replied to  Ronin2 @2.2.8    5 years ago
You mean amnesty, call it what it is. Non starter, and they know it.

Then why did he make the deal and back away?

JumpDrive
Freshman Silent
2.2.12  JumpDrive  replied to  Ronin2 @2.2.8    5 years ago
You mean amnesty, call it what it is. Non starter, and they know it. Been down that path back with Reagan. The Dems got their amnesty; and the wall never got funded. The Dems must think no one remembers history. 

"And all he had to do was accept a 10- to 14-year path to citizenship for children of undocumented immigrants brought to the United States at a young age.

That deal has been on the table for more than a month now: Trump gives Democrats a path to citizenship for 1.8 million Dreamers; Democrats give Trump his full $25 billion wall funding request. The Trump administration balked at this clean trade when the Senate was negotiating immigration in February and again in the weeks before the omnibus. The master dealer always wanted something more, be it sharp cuts to family-based immigration or enhanced interior enforcement. Democrats were willing to blow money on Trump’s vanity project, handing him a political victory, but they were never going to secure Dreamers’ future by agreeing to the sharpest tightening of legal immigration levels in decades or selling out other undocumented immigrants."

Full article here: 

katrix
Sophomore Participates
2.2.13  katrix  replied to  Ronin2 @2.2.9    5 years ago
Nice in theory; but it never works that way. Neither side is willing to be seen as giving something for nothing. The only way they are willing to pass anything is if they get some meat to hold up their constituents; or the bill is so muddled that all sides have protection.

True, which is why one issue per bill will never happen.  One of my friends was asking why my area is so impacted by the shutdown; I mentioned the heavy Border Patrol and Coast Guard presence (as well as Interior and IRS).  My friend started laughing and pointed out that I live nowhere near the coast, and nowhere near the border.  I had a two word response:  Harry Byrd.

Too bad we can't force this, but neither side is willing to be that transparent or that honest.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.14  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @2.2.1    5 years ago
'The gop in Congress is starting to turn on Trump. He is losing his mind...'

Losing his mind . . . that ship done sailed a long time ago.  

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
2.2.15  Studiusbagus  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.2    5 years ago

Excellent! Because here we are, 3 days later and this is falling down all over Trump and his lackey crew.

Hear that little squeak? That Trump's rusty little balls being squeezed buy Nancy Pelosi.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.2.16  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  JBB @2.2.1    5 years ago

Five days later we are still standing firm for a border barrier/wall.  

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
2.2.17  Studiusbagus  replied to  Ronin2 @2.2.8    5 years ago
You mean amnesty, call it what it is. Non starter, and they know it.

And yet he just dangled that "non starter" as you called it.

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
2.2.18  Studiusbagus  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.2.16    5 years ago

Five days later and he's getting desperate. His own party is turning against this. It's a pr nightmare for them.

This is where his shared ass is in trouble. Everyone owns a piece of him, he can't escape. 

The Freedom Caucus is up his ass, public opinion of him is dive bombing, Mitch has a piece, Cohen has one, and now....he's getting his ass kicked by a woman.

I don't think we're all that far away from his resignation.

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
2.2.19  Studiusbagus  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.2    5 years ago

Uh huh.....your boy just caved this morning....government is opening back up and no money for his wall.

Must suck for you huh?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.3  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  JBB @2    5 years ago

The government shutdown will last that long or more without a compromise on funding for the border wall.  

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
2.3.2  Studiusbagus  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.3    5 years ago
The government shutdown will last that long or more without a compromise on funding for the border wall.  

Nope, the pressure is on the pussy grabber.

He'll fold, he bullshitted too much and backed himself in to a corner.

He already admitted he can't compromise because "that would make him look bad"

He shut the government down while Republicans had the power. Seems he didn't get the money from them either...

Have fun with this righties...you own this shutdown.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.4  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  JBB @2    5 years ago

The GOP will win the shutdown or there will be a compromise deal that includes some funding for some portion of the barrier or the shutdown will simply run the rest of the fiscal year.  

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
2.4.1  Studiusbagus  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.4    5 years ago
or the shutdown will simply run the rest of the fiscal year.  

Big talk but there's no meat.

You can say it's the Dems fault all day long.

You're overlooking quite a bit though. He shut the government down BEFORE the Dems took the house.  The pressure is on Trump, he won't compromise, walked out of a meeting he called because she said "no". She sends him a letter telling him he can postpone the STOU or give it from thr Oval office. He grounds her trip to Afghanistan like a child and puts his wife on AF1 to hang out for the weekend in WPB.

Now, the media is showing Federal workers in bread lines. (There's a prediction that came true) While Mitch is refusing to put anything on the floor....

And you think the public doesn't see this? You actually think they're going to blame the Dems? His own rank and file are getting disturbed. 

Pelosi has a Ninja death grip on his balls.

Junior Participates
4  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו    5 years ago

[Removed]

lady in black
Professor Quiet
5  lady in black    5 years ago

President Trump has  claimed repeatedly  that most federal workers support his tactic of shutting down the government to enforce his demand for a border wall — including those directly affected by it. But a new poll of government employees shows that few actually do.

Junior Participates
5.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  lady in black @5    5 years ago

There is no subject, great or small, about which Scumbag will lie....and lie.....and lie....ad infinitum.  It obviously was an inborn trait as his Scumbag father was a crook and liar as well.  Evil spawn of evil spawn.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @5.1    5 years ago

You shouldn’t talk like that about Obama and his dad.