Category:  Op/Ed

Via:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  5 years ago  •  67 comments

DO THE JEWS CONTROL THE WORLD?

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By Alan Dershowitz, Jerusalem Post, January 25 2018

ShowImage.ashx?id=304176&w=898&h=628

Star of David. (photo credit: INGIMAGE)

Our secret is out. The Jews control the world! We own the media. Politicians do our bidding. Wall Street is a Jewish shtetl. Hollywood moguls make secret deals in Yiddish. Jewish professors propagandize their students to support Israel. Jewish puppet masters pull the strings and their compliant puppets simply follow.

If you troll the Internet, these are the absurd allegations that you will find repeated over and over again. It reminds me of the old joke about the two Jews in a Vienna café in the 1930s. One of them is reading the Yiddish newspaper, while the other one peruses the Der Stürmer, the Nazi propaganda organ. The Jew reading the Yiddish newspapers asks accusingly “Why are you reading that Nazi rag?” The other Jew responds: “I used to read the Yiddish newspaper, and all it talked about was how Jews are suffering, being fired from their jobs, being subject to pogroms and starving. Now I read in the Nazi newspaper that we control the world. I prefer the good news!”

Since the publication of the 19th-century Czarist forgery, The Protocols of the Elders of Zion, the primary tropes of antisemitism have been the dual canards that Jews control the world and that all the problems of the world are attributed to the Jews. There is an old Polish proverb that says, “If there is a problem, the Jews must be behind it.”

The reality, of course, is quite different. Jews are subject to antisemitism in many parts of the world, and increasingly on university campuses. Israel is condemned at the UN more than all the other nations of the world combined. There is poverty among many Jews, particularly the elderly.

Holocaust denial is rampant on the Internet. The percentage of Jews in the world, already infinitesimal, is shrinking, while intermarriage and assimilation among Jews are increasing.

Whatever successes Jews have achieved have been as a result of their hard work, creativity and determination. Consider Israel, a nation that until recently had few natural resources or inherent wealth. Yet it has risen to the top of the hi-tech world through its inventions and innovations.

No country in history has contributed more to the world in proportion to its population and its time as a nation than the state of the Jewish people. Should Jews be blamed for Israel’s success? It is true that Jews are represented in large numbers in various professions such as academic, finance and the media. That is not because they are given preferential treatment. It is because they have proved to be successful at these enterprises. Should they be blamed for that? 

THE ESSENCE of antisemitism is to believe that everything positive about Jews should be interpreted negatively. Consider the hard Left’s absurd accusation against Israel of “pinkwashing.” Those who accuse Israel of pinkwashing acknowledge that Israel has among the best records in the world of supporting the rights of gay, lesbian and transgender people. Certainly it has the best record in the Middle East. Yet the antisemites who accuse Israel of pinkwashing claim that the only reason Israel supports the rights of sexual minorities is to cover up – to whitewash, or in this case pinkwash – how badly it treats the Palestinians. This perverse accusation fails to consider the reality that Israel supports these rights because it is the right thing to do. Indeed, within Israeli society those who support gay rights are more likely to support Palestinians than those who oppose these rights. But these facts are irrelevant to the antisemites who believe that the nation-state of the Jewish people can do nothing good, except for bad reasons.

The other lie that follows from “The Jews control the world” is that individual Jews who happen to have succeeded and are in positions of authority, always work together on behalf of Jewish control of the world. The reality is quite different. Consider, for example, the alleged Jewish control of the media. It is true that Jewish families have ownership interests in  The New York Times  and other newspapers. But those newspapers don’t promote Jewish “control” of the world. Indeed, they are often at odds with Jewish public opinion. The same is true of Wall Street, Hollywood and academia, where individual Jews hold diverse opinions on issues of Jewish concern. But to the antisemite, all Jews are the same and their goal – to control the world – is identical.

So, no – Jews do not control the world. Many contribute to the world through their individual accomplishments, but that is true of members of every religion, ethnic and racial group. The world would be a poorer place – intellectually, artistically, charitably and in many other ways – if there were no Jews. Many European countries that were complicit in ridding themselves of their Jewish populations have come to regret their actions. So let’s make sure that Europe’s remaining Jews remain safe from the antisemites who spread the lie of Jewish control of the world.

This article first appeared in The Hill.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

Dedicated to all Dershowitz haters, wherever they may be.

Enoch
Masters Quiet
1.1  Enoch  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1    5 years ago

Dear Brother Buzz: Its a good article on an important topic.

Some lies die hard.

Let's help bury them ASAP.

Enoch.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
1.2  Nowhere Man  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1    5 years ago

Aw this is a GREAT article brother!

Lets see all the big strong bigoted politicians defend their claim of being topped from the bottom....

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
1.3  bbl-1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1    5 years ago

Ah, Dershowitz took to many rides on the Lysergic Acid Diethylamide train. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.3.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  bbl-1 @1.3    5 years ago

So you're saying this article is just an acid dream - all bullshit. Your comment makes me think of all those nice German people who said they didn't know anything about The Holocaust.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
1.3.2  bbl-1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.3.1    5 years ago

Hardly.  My comment was solely on Dershowitz.

"Acid dream?"  Ask him.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
1.3.3  Cerenkov  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.3.1    5 years ago

It's his typical slur and deflection. He cannot argue the facts. After all, prejudice does not require facts.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
1.4  Cerenkov  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1    5 years ago

Look to your left... 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1    5 years ago
Dedicated to all Dershowitz haters, wherever they may be.

Why are you connecting dislike of Dershowitz to anti-semitism?  I hope you are not suggesting that people who don't care for Dershowitz are anti-semites.

Dershowitz has turned himself into a Trump bootlicker.  He has associated himself with the anti-Muslim Gatestone Institute. he did these things, no one did it to him.  You could throw his bizarre defenses of OJ Simpson in there too.  I don't think he's going down in history with the reputation he once had, but it is basically his own doing.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
1.5.1  Cerenkov  replied to  JohnRussell @1.5    5 years ago

On schedule... Pavlov would be proud. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.5.2  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @1.5    5 years ago
Why are you connecting dislike of Dershowitz to anti-semitism?

Wouldn't that be the same as claiming people who want a wall are xenophobes?

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
1.5.3  Cerenkov  replied to  Texan1211 @1.5.2    5 years ago

Yes. But it requires introspection.  Don't hold your breath.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.5.4  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @1.5    5 years ago

My dedication has nothing specifically to do with the subject of this article. I will, as I promised I would do, start posting Dershowitz' articles frequently as a dedication to allow those who criticize him more opportunities to expose their disrespect for a brilliant jurist and critic of antisemitism and defender of Israel and Judaism generally.  It will allow for immature, if not vicious, comments like already posted such as his being a hallucinating acid-head or being a Trump bootlicker, expected from those whose intellect is nowhere near his. Any defence of Trump that he has stated is not in defence of him as a person, but is a defence of the constitutional rights of a person in Trump's position - and you damn well know that but due to your article record that establishes obsession with Trump you refuse to admit it.

As for Gatestone Institute, it is rated as an acceptable source by MBFC and you are yet to point out any lies that have been written by its authors.  Granted, it will publish articles that the left-leaning mainstream media won't in order to not be crucified by SPLC, the Robespierre of modern times. After all, who needs a canary in a coal mine, eh?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.5.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Cerenkov @1.5.1    5 years ago

[deleted]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.5.6  JohnRussell  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.5.4    5 years ago

Wikipedia refers to the Gatestone Institute as "anti-Muslim". Is that mainstream enough for you?

"Multiple viral anti-immigrant and Islamophobic falsehoods originate from Gatestone. [9] [5] [34]

They have footnotes.

-

Dershowitz has embarrassed himself almost beyond words by turning himself into a Trump bootlicker. I can only assume he has done so out of gratitude for Trump's overt support for Israel's settlements.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.5.7  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @1.5.6    5 years ago

Who wrote the article for Wikipedia? Any Stormfronter or Mondoweis advocate could have, even Farrakhan.  Even I have made corrective statements in Wikipedia.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.5.10  JohnRussell  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.5.7    5 years ago

I don't know why you have to use your imagination.  There are a lot of people who can see that Gatestone is anti-Muslim.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.5.11  JohnRussell  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.5.4    5 years ago

How about NBC News? Are they anti-Jewish too?

• John Bolton presided over anti-Muslim think tank

https:// www.nbcnews.com /politics/white-house/john-bolton-chaired...

Yet in fanning anti - Muslim news, Gatestone had a common purpose with a broader Russian disinformation campaign that sought to portray Western society as at risk of “Islamization.” ...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.5.12  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @1.5.2    5 years ago
Wouldn't that be the same as claiming people who want a wall are xenophobes?

Uh, no. Any other questions?

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
1.5.13  Cerenkov  replied to  JohnRussell @1.5.12    5 years ago

Wrong. Try again.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
1.5.14  Cerenkov  replied to  JohnRussell @1.5.5    5 years ago

That seems like a personal problem for you. I suggest more reason and less emotion.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.5.15  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @1.5.10    5 years ago

In my opinion Gatestone Institute is anti Islamist, anti Muslim terrorism, but not anti-Muslim. I have posted articles by reputable Muslims who have said as much.  How is it that it uses a number of Muslim authors?  I think those who say it is anti-Muslim are extremist social justice warriors and radical PC advocates and ultra-inclusiveness individuals or afraid to have their heads cut off if they utter the least criticism of Islam.

John, you are so vehement about this that I'm beginning to wonder if you feel that because Dershowitz wrote this article everything he said is a lie and there is no such thing as antisemitism.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.5.16  JohnRussell  replied to  Cerenkov @1.5.14    5 years ago

[deleted]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.5.17  JohnRussell  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.5.15    5 years ago

NBC News described Gatestone as anti-Muslim. They are a mainstream US news organization.

I didnt even read the whole article. However, I do not think there is no such thing as anti-semitism. To the contrary I have seeded numerous articles about the scourge of anti-semitism,  on NT over the years. It is a very serious matter in the US and around the world.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.5.18  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @1.5.17    5 years ago

But if Dershowitz writes about it it's just a lot of crap because Dershowitz wrote it?

I have in the past defended you when it has been alluded that you were antisemitic.  I know you're not an anti-Semite.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.5.19  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @1.5.12    5 years ago

Thanks for confirming your bias and double standards.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.6  XXJefferson51  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1    5 years ago

Great seed.  It’s right on.  Thanks for sharing it here.  

CB
Professor Principal
2  CB    5 years ago

I think, I think, this article needs further discussion. Lots of it. That said, now that it is in front of me I'm 'digital-tied'! I will hang around waiting for an opening with a really good question!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  CB @2    5 years ago

Oh come on, CB, don't tease us. Come out with it.

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.1  CB  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1    5 years ago

Okay! I will start at an odd place:

I do not understand Israel's President Netanyahu, from a great distance, he lacks charm. It's an impression I get, though I do not know or know of the man.

Is President Netanyahu a truly good man in a business sense locally for Israel or is he a version of President Trump in seeking expediency through using the beliefs shared between two religious people? (Recently, I read he stated that Jews and Christians can bring about the end-times in a lifetime if they act together or words to that effect.)

I did not know until recently that Jewish people were in such small numbers in the world.

Note: I am glad somebody (and I admit you were not whom I was looking to do it) here is going to answer some of the mystique of the Jewish nation. As a believer who has never visited or outright known a Jewish person—I need help. It reminds me of when I was a child and I heard a real nasty joke, joke mind you, about Chinese women an adult told me, and it took a visit to Asia as an adult, many years later to arrest it and clear it up.

If people want to be understood for who they are, there is nothing quite like the hard work of sharing the hard truth to get it out there!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.2  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  CB @2.1.1    5 years ago

As for Netanyahu, let me put it this way.  Sure, he's not likeable, I think he's arrogant but I also think it takes a strong leader to defend a country that is surrounded by nations that want to wipe it off the map, and will make a deal with the devil to not let the nation fall into the hands of a weak leader.  Look at it this way - Suppose you were surrounded by a bunch of savages who were about to cut off your head, who would you want to protect you, whiney Woody Allen or Superman? In any event, public relations has never been an Israeli strong suit.

As for the mystique of the Jewish nation, I'm very much aware of it and it has affected me and my opinions throughout my life but then it's because of my background and experiences all the way back to young childhood, yet I'm probably the wrong person to try to explain it. In my case it would take much too long to even try to relate.  Perhaps Enoch would be better to explain it because of his greater knowledge of Judaism and I believe his wife is an Israeli and he has spent much more time there than I have.

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.3  CB  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.2    5 years ago

Thank you for the Netanyahu insight. And, it speaks volumes. I under the "strongman" imagery, barring the spiritual connotation.  I can live with a man who has strong drives and ambitions, as long as those drives and ambitions do not lead to nefarious activities. (And, what is that for a leader of a unique land as Israel. The mind flutters.)

Does it frustrate Jewish people everywhere and in the land of Israel that most Americans (maybe other religious nations) think of them as a religious 'bloc' in thought?  Based on their ancestral land and high religiosity?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.4  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  CB @2.1.3    5 years ago

It's been made pretty clear lately that American Jews are as diverse in their opinions of Israel as any others are. You don't have to look any farther than Bernie Sanders and Noam Chomsky for Jews who would not give a shit if Israel didn't exist. 

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.5  CB  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.4    5 years ago

I am not aware of these sentiments regarding either men; perhaps I have been inattentive of Bernie S., and ignorant of Noam Chomsky.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.6  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  CB @2.1.5    5 years ago

Well when American Jews start voting for outspoken anti-Israel BDS advocates to congress it's a sign that not all Jews are supportive of Israel's continued existence. According to the psalm "If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand wither and my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth" I'm surprised they aren't running to the hospitals..

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.7  CB  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.6    5 years ago

Informative. Hmm.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.8  XXJefferson51  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.6    5 years ago

It seems that there are a number of American Jews who favor other progressives more than the nation of Israel 🇮🇱 which they now view as being too capitalist, too religious, too conservative. 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3  bbl-1    5 years ago

Personally, I hoped any discussion such as this would no longer be necessary since Fascism was crushed in 1945. 

Obviously I am mistaken.

Do the Jews control the World?  Hardly.  Powerful wealth controls the World.  Arabic, Asian, Western....you know, the usual suspects.

CB
Professor Principal
3.1  CB  replied to  bbl-1 @3    5 years ago

Okay, good sharing. Listening.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3.1.1  bbl-1  replied to  CB @3.1    5 years ago

Simply put and historically speaking, wealth has always been enamored by the poor and is the best weapon the holders of wealth possess to keep the poor not only at bay, but also in their place.

Jews have always been the most convenient target/excuse used by the holders of wealth to explain/justify the plight of the poor.

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.2  CB  replied to  bbl-1 @3.1.1    5 years ago

Why? Help me out here.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3.1.3  bbl-1  replied to  CB @3.1.2    5 years ago

Why?  Why not?  Its biblical.  The wealth is not biblical---that is left for the poor.   Its all a matter of convenience.  Nothing more.  Nothing less.

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.4  CB  replied to  bbl-1 @3.1.3    5 years ago

A statement like that needs fleshing out more.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.5  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  bbl-1 @3.1.3    5 years ago

I don't think antisemitism is limited to only one class of people - it pervades all levels of society.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3.1.6  bbl-1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.5    5 years ago

Did not imply that it didn't.

The Nazi hierarchy instituted The Final Solution.  ( The Solution ) itself was carried out by the "man on the street."

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3.1.7  bbl-1  replied to  CB @3.1.4    5 years ago

It is complicated.  But that is the basics.  The root of it all is germinated in religious concept.

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.8  CB  replied to  bbl-1 @3.1.7    5 years ago

I have a sense of standing on the tip of some kind of iceberg. The suspense is, well, weird. But, I am not one to simply walk away. Listening. . . . 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3.1.9  bbl-1  replied to  CB @3.1.8    5 years ago

Complicated by design.  Opinion is fact.  Facts are to be debated.  Alternative facts are justified.  Religion has abandoned faith for power.

Jesus was a Jew.  He was executed to maintain/protect the status quo. 

Standing on an iceberg?  They are melting.  The Earth is changing----in spite of man or because of man.  Which does not matter.  Not anymore.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.2  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  bbl-1 @3    5 years ago
"Obviously I am mistaken."

You're saying that you've been unaware of the world-wide increase of antisemitism, including increase in the USA?  Did the need for synagogues and other Jewish facilities to have armed guards at their entrances, and cemeteries to be guarded against vandals bring it to your attention.  Did you read the Movie article I posted about antisemitism, the Holocaust and Israel?

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3.2.1  bbl-1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.2    5 years ago

No. I am not unaware of the world-wide increase of anti-Semitism.

Nor am I unaware of the rise of the right wing in the world.

Both are joined at the hip. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.2.2  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  bbl-1 @3.2.1    5 years ago

Nor am I unaware that there is most likely as much antisemitism in the left wing and especially progressive left-wingers as in the right wing.  I don't think politics has much to do with it, save for neo-Nazis whose creed includes it. In my opinion, hiding behind being anti-Israel and anti-Zionism has brought latent antisemitism to the forefront. I am not saying that fair criticism that does not put Israel to a double standard is antisemitic, because if it is then I could be considered antisemitic as well.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3.2.3  bbl-1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.2.2    5 years ago

Progressive left wingers calling for the end of Israel, Judaism?  Really?  Name a left wing Bannon, Gorka.  Hell, there were even gay Nazis.  Charlottesville.   

Hell of a path there.  Watch out for the thorns.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.2.4  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  bbl-1 @3.2.3    5 years ago

Yeah, I've got to wear armour. LOL

luther28
Sophomore Silent
4  luther28    5 years ago

Of course not, everyone knows it is Google that rules our little orb:)

I really don't know what it is about the Jewish folks, they must be like comfort food for shall we say, the misguided. Over the past couple of thousand years I would say they have more than served their time in the bucket of hate, time to find someone new to blame our woes upon.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  luther28 @4    5 years ago

Google or Zuckerberg?

Whoever you pick to be someone new to hate, you will be called a bigot and a ****phobe for doing so.  Therefore due to the power of the SPLC, the social justice warriors, the PC zealots and the inclusiveness radicals everyone's just going to have to remain with the tried and true good old-fashioned Jew hatred.

luther28
Sophomore Silent
4.1.1  luther28  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.1    5 years ago

As I have stated many times, in my world the only hate existing is reserved for celery.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.1.2  Tacos!  replied to  luther28 @4.1.1    5 years ago
the only hate existing is reserved for celery

But it's both crunchy and juicy! A little salt or a little peanut butter and you have a healthy and delightful snack. Also good on salads!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tacos! @4.1.2    5 years ago

Forget it, Tacos. I've had this talk with luther already. He's a celery-phobe

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.5  CB  replied to  Release The Kraken @4.1.4    5 years ago

Yeah, old cooking trick:

Psst! Anything you want to hide in a plate or pot of food cut it fine or grind it down to powder. Think celery or onion. (Not intended for nefarious purposes.)

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.6  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Tacos! @4.1.2    5 years ago

...or cream cheese.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.7  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  luther28 @4.1.1    5 years ago

But it's one of the essential ingredients to make chicken soup, in which case it just becomes soft and flaccid.

luther28
Sophomore Silent
4.1.8  luther28  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1.3    5 years ago

Thank you Trout, you know I cannot be convinced of its merits:) an odious weed.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5  Tacos!    5 years ago

I don't mind saying that Jews - both in modern times and historically - have an outsized impact on society, the economy, religion, the world in general. They have achieved much with relatively small numbers. But I think that's to their credit. It's not some evil conspiracy.

Hollywood moguls make secret deals in Yiddish.

Honestly I would pay a few bucks to see that. Sounds kind of entertaining.

CB
Professor Principal
7  CB    5 years ago

The percentage of Jews in the world, already infinitesimal, is shrinking, while intermarriage and assimilation among Jews are increasing.

I brought up the percent of Jews worldwide above, but I want to ask for a point of clarification: I have often/always heard (and read in the Bible) that anybody marrying into a Jewish family has to convert to Judaism.

1. Am I mistaken?
  2. Is conversion through the male/female member or both?

I seek knowledge, and further understanding.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  CB @7    5 years ago
"I want to ask for a point of clarification: I have often/always heard (and read in the Bible) that anybody marrying into a Jewish family has to convert to Judaism.
  1. Am I mistaken?
  2. Is conversion through the male/female member or both?"

Answers:

1.  Yes, I believe you are mistaken for most streams of Judaism, but you are probably not mistaken when it involves the ultra-Orthodox. If an ultra-Orthodox man or woman marries someone not of their religion, the family would disown them and consider them deceased, and even say the prayer for the deceased over them.

2.  Not sure what you mean.  Both males and females can convert to Judaism.  However, Judaism does not proselytize, and converting to Judaism is NOT made easy for anyone.

It may be of interest for you to know that both Chelsea Clinton and Ivanka Trump married into Jewish families.  Chelsea Clinton did not convert to Judaism but Ivanka Trump did.

CB
Professor Principal
7.1.1  CB  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7.1    5 years ago

That is of interest to me. Because the last time I heard about this (marriages in Judaism) Dana Bash and John King married. He converted . Though from the link it would seem it was of his own volition. Other than that, it makes sense that I am thinking alone the ultra-orthodox (and orthodox?) sects.

Matthew 23:15 15 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert , . . . .

I almost hate to put this negative "woe" forward. But it is enshrined in the pages and thought-process of the Bible. It is something accredited to Jesus. Granted it is where the bulk of Christianity 'rubs' over and over against Judaism in an 'infant' sense.

Thank you for sharing. See? We do have a lot to learn.