╌>

Trump denies Pelosi aircraft for foreign trip in response to call for State of the Union delay

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  badfish-hd-h-u  •  5 years ago  •  437 comments

Trump denies Pelosi aircraft for foreign trip in response to call for State of the Union delay

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

President Trump on Thursday abruptly denied military aircraft to House Speaker Nancy   Pelosi   for a foreign trip just minutes before the congressional delegation was set to depart, in a stunning response to her call to delay the   State of the Union   address amid the government shutdown.

In a curt letter, Trump said her trip has been “postponed.”

“Due to the Shutdown, I am sorry to inform you that your trip to Brussels, Egypt, and Afghanistan has been postponed. We will reschedule this seven-day excursion when the Shutdown is over. In light of the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay, I am sure you would agree that postponing this public relations event is totally appropriate,” Trump wrote.

I also feel that, during this period, it would be better if you were in Washington negotiating with me and joining the Strong Border Security movement to end the Shutdown. Obviously, if you would like to make your journey by flying commercial, that would certainly be your prerogative.”

AIR-FORCE.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

According to sources, the president pulled the plug on her aircraft as she was about to leave for her overseas trip. Her congressional delegation military aircraft was slated to leave at 3 p.m. ET, Fox News' John Roberts reports.

SHUTDOWN STANDOFF: PELOSI RENEWS CALL TO DELAY STATE OF THE UNION, TRUMP SAYS DEMS 'HIJACKED' BY 'FRINGE' 

A source also told Fox News that when moving to cancel the flight, the White House reasoned that the trip would keep Pelosi out of the country beyond next Tuesday night—when the next government pay period would occur.

"If she had gone on this trip she would have guaranteed that 800,000 federal workers would not receive their second paycheck because she would not have been here to negotiate any kind of deal," a senior White House official said Thursday.

The president's move to cancel Pelosi's trip came in response to the House speaker's request to delay his annual State of the Union address. The president has been slated to deliver his message to a Joint Session of Congress on Jan. 29, but Pelosi urged the president to delay his delivery until the government re-opens, or deliver the address in writing.

The speaker stood by that call earlier Thursday.

“The date of the State of the Union is not a sacred date. It’s not constitutionally required. It’s not the president’s birthday. It’s just a date we agreed to,” Pelosi told reporters during a press conference on Capitol Hill Thursday. “That’s why I said to the president, if you don’t open up government, let’s discuss a mutually agreeable date.”

She added: “It could be a week later—if the government is reopened.”

For more than 24 hours, Trump did not respond to Pelosi's request, even as fellow Republican condemned her push for delay.

Congressional lawmakers, meanwhile, have been sitting on a bus waiting to see if they can depart. Fox News is told Capitol Hill security officials got an emergency call from the Pentagon canceling the overseas trip due to the shutdown.

Amid mounting confusion, Fox News is told there are furious calls going back and forth among Capitol Hill, State, Pentagon and White House offices.

When asked for additional context about the congressional delegation and the apparent trip delay, White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders reiterated that Pelosi could fly commercial: "The Department of Defense has to approve military air travel. As he made clear in the letter she can still go she just has to travel commercial."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
2  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu     5 years ago

in a stunning response to her call to delay the  State of the Union  address amid the government shutdown.

In a curt letter, Trump said her trip has been “postponed.”

Someone WILL do a movie ! 

Because ya really can't make this shit up !  

No wonder SNL loves this crap. it writes itself. 

PS: I'm kinda surprise this whole trump reality show hasn't moved tp pay per view, yet. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1  Ronin2  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @2    5 years ago

At least this is entertaining.

Seems that Trump learns fast; and his timing is still on from his days on television.

Only thing better would be if someone caught Nancy's reaction and posted it to every social media out there. I am sure everyone around her got an earful. 

Sophomore Guide
2.1.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Ronin2 @2.1    5 years ago

O yeah If you chose to play in the filed with this man exspect to get hurt and dirty. 

Many have walked away to keep their own dignity and career intact instead. A true force to be reckoned with, If he ever actually turns against us, we're in trouble. 

Best to keep the pied piper happy. 

Sad !

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.2  Ronin2  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @2.1.1    5 years ago
If he ever actually turns against us, we're in trouble. 

Trump doesn't care about us any more than Pelosi, Schumer, and the rest of the Democrat and Republican Congress critters do.

Trump will do whatever is best for Trump. Which is the same as any other politician. Hopefully that is what is best for the rest of us as well. 

One good thing is that Trump has many assets both within the US and without. He wants to protect those assets; so that pretty much rules out him starting WWIII.  Much to the chagrin of Hillary and the rest of the Hawks on both sides of the isle.

Sophomore Guide
2.1.3  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.2    5 years ago
Trump doesn't care about us

I know, trump does want to be the best president in history though. 

Not for you or me,  for himself.  He wants/needs the attention and the glory it would bring. It drives this man. 

Personally I doubt he succeeds !  I really dont know how he could with his personally and his ways and means of accomplishing anything he wants. 

He'll never have my support unless I see changes in him and I highly doubt that happens. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.5  Buzz of the Orient  replied to    5 years ago

I think it's just going to make her dig her heels in even stronger - and that this has now become more than a political battle for her, but a personal one as well.  Because Trump's move has probably embarrassed the hell out of her it will incentivize her to become even more of a tiger in the fight. And who will suffer more for it?  The American people, of course.  For the rest of the world it's entertainment.  Microwave popcorn sales should increase.

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
2.1.6  lennylynx  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.5    5 years ago

The only person Trump's move embarrassed is Trump.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
2.1.8  KDMichigan  replied to  lennylynx @2.1.6    5 years ago
The only person Trump's move embarrassed is Trump.

Watching Pelosi get played and just now watching Democrats unloading off the bus for there trip on the news  is President Trump being embarrassed I want to see him be embarrassed more. 

Sophomore Guide
2.1.9  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  KDMichigan @2.1.8    5 years ago

You will, I look for the man to pull out all the stops soon. I dont think it will be pretty or really very entertaining even just more sad. This man does not do unhappy or mad well. He turns really ugly real easily. Nasty is about to get even nastier in the oval office I'll bet. 

just makin the country great again.

LOL 

Sad

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.1.10  1stwarrior  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.5    5 years ago

Buzz - the really, really interesting thing about this is - I looked over the U. S. Constitution, specifically Article 1 (the legislative), searching for any, and I mean ANY authority given for ANY Congressional folks - specifically the Speaker of the House and President Pro Tempore of the Senate.  I mean I read that Article so much my eyes almost bled.

What did I find??  NOWHERE - ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE does the U. S. Constitution give either the Speaker nor the President Pro Tempore the authority - nor permission for that matter - to travel outside of the United States to conduct their business - nor the business of the United States. 

The Department of State, one of the Executive Officers appointed by the President and approved by the House/Senate, functions as the diplomatic wing of the federal government, handling matters of foreign affairs with other nations and international bodies. The State Department's primary job is to promote American foreign policy throughout the world, which includes Commerce and the monitoring of Treaties.

So, why would Nancy feel that she has free-rein to wander all over the world on our dollar when, technically, she ain't authorized????  I mean Ryan didn't jet set - Boner didn't jet set - Reid didn't jet set - Tip O'Neil didn't jet set.  Who does this person think she is????

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.11  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  1stwarrior @2.1.10    5 years ago

Whooooo!  Everyone should see that - their tax dollars are being used for personal journeys. Maybe that should have been the reason Trump did not provide military transport. 

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
2.1.12  tomwcraig  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.5    5 years ago
Microwave popcorn sales should increase.

I actually prefer stove-top popped popcorn, so Orville Redenbacher's  kernel popcorn and oil sales should rise as well.  I'm loving Nancy being embarrassed, since she is a rich person who should be paying her own way and should be staying in Washington, DC to negotiate and compromise on building the wall.  In reality, she needs to capitulate and agree to building the wall or fence along the border.  As I keep telling people we need the wall/fence as the first line of defense and sensors to help guide our agents to areas where people are trying to breach the border as part of a "defense-in-depth" strategy.  I even said so in a reply to Rep. Peter DeFazio this evening of his reply to my urging him to vote for a wall or I would have to file an Ethics complaint against him for not following through with his oath of office as the preamble states that one of the primary duties of the Federal government is to "provide for the common defence."

Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו
Junior Participates
2.1.13  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.5    5 years ago
And who will suffer more for it? 

So far it's all your Scumbag's suffering, Buzz.  

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.1.14  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  1stwarrior @2.1.10    5 years ago

Probably wants to go on her own personal apology tour just like Obama did...

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3  bbl-1    5 years ago

This is amazing.  If Mexico would just pay for that 'effen Wall' the Trump can save face, the taxpayers will save money and Ivanka can continue to purchase her favorite offerings at Starbucks.

The maturity of the president is staggering.

On an aside.  I wonder if the president ( the Trump ) ever flew commercial in his life.  And if he did, when that occurred.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.2  Ronin2  replied to  bbl-1 @3    5 years ago
This is amazing. 

Yes, and damn entertaining. Probably Trump's best barb yet; and will be nearly impossible to beat.

If Mexico would just pay for that 'effen Wall' the Trump can save face, the taxpayers will save money

If Congress would just stop wasting tax payer money on frivolous trips, and government programs that are over funded, misused, and never end; then we could pay for the wall and it wouldn't cost tax payers one dime more.  Of course there is as much chance of that happening as Mexico paying for the wall. Congress can't live without their wasteful pork.

The maturity of the president is staggering.

Yes, Nancy, Chuck, and the rest of the Dems have matched his maturity level remarkably well. We expect this out of Trump. The left claims to be better than Trump; but it seems that there are no grownups in the room. Best thing to do is to send them all to bed permanently with no pay or perks until they negotiate an end to the shut down.

On an aside.  I wonder if the president ( the Trump ) ever flew commercial in his life.  And if he did, when that occurred.

Sure and we can ask the same thing of Nancy. It isn't like her family is hurting for money.  If she wants to go that badly on her vacation she can charter a jet for herself and her entourage.  She can more than afford it.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.2.1  Split Personality  replied to  Ronin2 @3.2    5 years ago
If she wants to go that badly on her vacation...

To Afghanistan?  I think that part of the trip is fact finding, definitely not  a vacation.

Maybe it's a scientific research trip to harvest camel spiders, lol

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Split Personality @3.2.1    5 years ago

Whatever it is, like Nancy says, It's best postponed until after the government is open again.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.2.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Ronin2 @3.2    5 years ago
(deleted)

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.2.4  Ronin2  replied to  Split Personality @3.2.1    5 years ago

Afghanistan was only 1 stop on the tour. It is also a photo op/face time with the troops. To show how much the Dems in Congress really care./S

As for camel spiders- they are indeed nasty. Almost as nasty as US politicians.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.2.5  Ronin2  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.2.3    5 years ago

So long as she is paying for it- she should go for it. It is not like she is doing any good in Washington. Maybe a few month cruise with her entourage while the government is shut down will show everyone exactly how much she cares.

Junior Participates
3.2.7  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.2.3    5 years ago

Deleted

Junior Participates
3.2.8  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Ronin2 @3.2.4    5 years ago
To show how much the Dems in Congress really care./S

Well that would be more than Scumbag has ever done.  All he does on these junkets is tell the troops how great he is and brag about his tax cuts which he  must think is on the top of the minds of soldiers in a war zone.  To be fair, he hasn't lobbed rolls of paper towels to them.....yet. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.2.9  Trout Giggles  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.2.3    5 years ago

I thought that was Betsy DeVos' yacht (one of many)

Junior Participates
3.2.10  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.2.9    5 years ago
I thought that was Betsy DeVos' yacht (one of many)

Yep.  Buzz really does his due diligence on the facts, eh? 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.2.11  Split Personality  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.2.3    5 years ago

Sorry Buzz, but can you cite that?

Betsy Devos owns 10 yachts.........one of which is worth $40 million, the one that was "vandalized" recently.

maybe she can lend one or two to Nancy.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.2.12  Split Personality  replied to  Ronin2 @3.2.4    5 years ago

Yes, for safety reason the plane would have flown to Brussels and allowed the crew to rest while the entourage visited NATO.

The only one who mentioned Egypt was Trump, Pelosi said that was incorrect.

The rest of the trip would have been to Afghanistan.

Junior Participates
3.2.13  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Split Personality @3.2.11    5 years ago

Pelosi's entire net worth in $16M.  That only puts here as the 4th wealthiest MoC from CA much less the richest in all of Congress.  IOW, a small fraction of the massive DeVos fortune.  But liars gotta lie, right? 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.2.14  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Ronin2 @3.2    5 years ago

Silence! How dare somebody quote logic and common sense to progressive leftist liberals. There heads will implode at the very thoughtjrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.2.15  Ronin2  replied to  Split Personality @3.2.12    5 years ago
Yes, for safety reason the plane would have flown to Brussels and allowed the crew to rest while the entourage visited NATO.

Allow the crew to rest, right. They have planes that can make the trip in one go and refuel in the air.  They also have planes that could drop seat a new crew if they Pelosi wanted them to.  They are making stop offs, however many, at her whim- period.

As for visiting NATO, and the troops. If Pelosi wants what Europe has social program wise she should be telling NATO to pull their damn weight, and pay their fair share- but that means backing Trump. All she should be going to Afghanistan for is to ensure the troops they will be coming home soon; and to make sure they have what they need to hold the course until they leave. 

Real reason for her going is to further undermine Trump.  She has nothing to do with foreign policy being a member of the House- isn't that what the Dems screamed when the Republicans sent a letter to Iran reminding them that Obama didn't get final say on sanctions being lifted?

She has a track record of undermining Republican presidents on her trips abroad as Speaker.

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi undermined the Bush Administration's Middle East policy during her trip to Syria this week. Her unauthorized diplomatic interfering not only undercut U.S. national interests and set back international efforts to isolate and pressure the Syrian dictatorship, but also undercut the interests of America's allies in Israel, Iraq, and Lebanon who continue to be murdered by Syria's surrogates. The Syrian regime, which ranks second only to Iran in supporting terrorist groups, trumpeted Pelosi's visit as a major victory. For Syria, it was.

The speaker of the US House of Representatives, Nancy Pelosi, delivered a powerful challenge to the Bush administration's stewardship of American interests in the Middle East by breaking with its policy of isolating Syria and holding talks in Damascus with President Bashar Assad.

Yesterday's visit defied warnings from President George Bush about sending "mixed signals" to Damascus, and was widely seen as a sign of growing determination from a Democratic Congress to have a hand in setting US foreign policy.

"We come in friendship, hope, and determined that the road to Damascus is a road to peace," Ms Pelosi told reporters before travelling on from Syria to Saudi Arabia.

However, her foray into diplomacy stumbled when she told reporters that she was relaying a message of peace to President Assad from the Israeli prime minister, Ehud Olmert. "[Our] meeting with the president enabled us to communicate a message from Prime Minister Olmert that Israel was ready to engage in peace talks," she told reporters after her talks with Mr Assad.

Hours later, Mr Olmert's office issued a statement on its website saying that Israel remained unconvinced that Mr Assad was interested in a peace process. "The prime minister emphasised that although Israel is interested in peace with Syria, that country continues to be part of the axis of evil and a force that encourages terror in the entire Middle East," the statement said, adding that Israeli policy remained unchanged.

U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi met Syrian President Bashar al-Assad on Wednesday for talks criticized by the White House as undermining American efforts to isolate the hard-line Arab country.

Pelosi said Assad assured her of his willingness to engage in peace talks with Israel, and that she and other members of her congressional delegation raised their concern about militants crossing from Syria into Iraq, as well the Israeli soldiers kidnapped by the Lebanese militant group Hezbollah and the Palestinian group Hamas.

The Californian Democrat spoke to reporters shortly after talks with Assad at the end of a two-day visit to Syria.

She said the delegation gave the Syrian leader a message from Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert whose essence was that Israel was ready to hold peace talks with Syria.

She did not say more about the message, but Israel has previously made such talks conditional on Syria’s cutting off its support for hard-line Palestinian groups and Hezbollah.

“We were very pleased with the assurances we received from the president that he was ready to resume the peace process. He’s ready to engage in negotiations for peace with Israel,” Pelosi said.

Pelosi and accompanying members of Congress began their day by holding separate talks with Foreign Minister Walid al-Moallem and Vice President Farouk al-Sharaa and then met Assad, who hosted them for lunch after their talks.

Pelosi’s visit to Syria was the latest challenge to the White House by congressional Democrats, who are taking a more assertive role in influencing policy in the Middle East and the Iraq war.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.2.16  Split Personality  replied to  Ronin2 @3.2.15    5 years ago
They have planes that can make the trip in one go and refuel in the air.

True, we went to Afghanistan on 23000 with in flight refueling, it was wheels up less than 6 hours later. It's just shy of 7,000 miles one way.

Apparently AF1 & AF2 ( 28000 & 29000) were not offered to Congress for this junket.  Especially  not to be the largest target in the world parked in Afghanistan for any length of time.

The press releases keep referring to military aircraft/airlift which could be anything, most likely C-32's which are also capable of 6000 mile trips but are not equipped for inflight refueling.  C-40s would likely be a good fit for less than 100 people but the range is only 4-5,000 depending on the load and has no inflight refueling capability.

Both planes come in the official Blue & White trim as well as all white or grey for a measure of anonymity.

Hence a stop in Brussels to schmooze NATO.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.2.17  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.2.9    5 years ago

Wow.  I must have been asleep when I posted that.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.2.18  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Split Personality @3.2.11    5 years ago

I admit my error. I think I misled myself when I read that she was wealthy.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.2.19  Split Personality  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.2.18    5 years ago

The husband is wealthy - a stock broker maybe? used to own some sports teams etc.

There are frequent misquotes as to her wealth versus their wealth primarily to disparage her.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
3.2.20  1stwarrior  replied to  Split Personality @3.2.16    5 years ago

Well, 'cording to Nancy's Press dude, the stop in Brussels is for nothing more than letting the pilots/crew get some rest.  Nothing 'bout no NATO.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
3.2.21  1stwarrior  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @3.2.13    5 years ago

Her net worth is listed as 

• As a couple, Pelosi and her husband have a combined net worth between -$58.7 million and $72.1 million.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
3.2.22  1stwarrior  replied to  Ronin2 @3.2.15    5 years ago

She WANTS to be the leader but is too muddle-headed to even make the right decisions.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.2.23  JBB  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.2.3    5 years ago

Glad that blatant misinformation got deleted. I copied it to Polosi's office...

JBB
Professor Principal
3.2.24  JBB  replied to  Kathleen @3.2.6    5 years ago

Really? No, NOT TRUE! REALLY! That post got deleted for being UNTRUE.

I'd like to know is how this happened. Polosi does not own one yacht... 

The Polosi family has a net worth of about 1% of what Trump claims and it moltly all comes from money earned by Congresswoman Polosi's husband. Do you resent relative and legally obtained business success in Democrats but admire it when a bankrupt swindler like Trump gets his illigitimately by stuffing contractors, little businesses and other suppliers? Maybe you should be less gullible and perhaps should be skeptical of unreliable undocumented unbelievable anti-Democratic foreign propaganda...

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.2.25  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JBB @3.2.24    5 years ago

Yes. I admitted that I made a mistake - I must have been semi-conscious to have made it. I believe it was late at night here and I must have been tired.  I think I got fooled by the comments that spoke of her wealth and being able to afford to pay for the flight herself.  At least I have the integrity to ADMIT I erred, and I deleted the comment because it was untrue and because of my embarrassment for having posted it.  Is that enough?  Or do I have to face an inquisition now? Does it deserve jail time or capital punishment?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.2.26  Ronin2  replied to  JBB @3.2.24    5 years ago

First it is Pelosi, not Polosi. 

Do you resent relative and legally obtained business success in Democrats

Oh, you mean Pelosi has never used her position to help her husband's business interests, or those of her political contributors?

But she has that all important D behind her name, so Dems will overlook anything.

She is a career politician- they are all scumbags that use their positions to further enrich themselves; it doesn't matter which side of the isle they are on.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
4  KDMichigan    5 years ago

Well played Donald, well played.

I'm turning on CNN now to see what the snowflake left response will be. It seems that some think that the speaker has authority over the CiC

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
4.1  Sunshine  replied to  KDMichigan @4    5 years ago
I'm turning on CNN

I am sure somehow all of America and Pelosi will be the victims.  CNN has the victimhood narrative well rehearsed and ready to go at a moments notice.  

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
4.1.1  KDMichigan  replied to  Sunshine @4.1    5 years ago
Pelosi will be the victims. 

Yup, CNN is talking how the President has Jeopardized Pelosi by exposing her plans to the Taliban and ISIS.

CNN is like painting by numbers, they lay all there dumbass shit out for the snowflake goobers to gobble up.

Sophomore Guide
4.1.2  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  KDMichigan @4.1.1    5 years ago
CNN is like painting by numbers, they lay all there dumbass shit out for the snowflake goobers to gobble up.

Yep just opposite of their competition Fox, Go figure.

LOL 

It's cool, everyone has their choice of what and who ta believe now. Ya get to choose which "facts" ya chose isn't that nice.

LOL 

Pay per view it all donny, ya'd clean up.  Most controversial reality show going today right in our own oval office. 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
4.1.3  KDMichigan  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @4.1.2    5 years ago
Yep just opposite of their competition Fox, Go figure.

Opposite? How is that? They both are the same just target different demographics.

Although in my opinion CNN has become pretty desperate.

Sophomore Guide
4.1.4  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  KDMichigan @4.1.3    5 years ago
Opposite? How is that?

LOL

Seriously. ?

CNN =dems are good nothing bad

FOX  =cons are good nothing bad

Where the hell ya been ? And is there room for one more ? LOL 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
4.1.5  KDMichigan  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @4.1.4    5 years ago

jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

They both are the same just target different demographics.

Sophomore Guide
4.1.6  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  KDMichigan @4.1.5    5 years ago
They both are the same just target different demographics.

resulting in opposite views of the same subject. True. 

jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

Junior Participates
4.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  KDMichigan @4    5 years ago
I'm turning on CNN now to see what the snowflake left response will be.

I don't know about "snowflakes" but my response to this limp-dick move by Scumbag is jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Sophomore Guide
4.2.2  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to    5 years ago
She had it coming. She' been acting all high and mighty and important lately.

Yeah who the Hell does she think she is, the president or something ? 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4.2.3  bbl-1  replied to    5 years ago

Damn uppity women, right?

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
4.2.4  Cerenkov  replied to  bbl-1 @4.2.3    5 years ago

Careful, you let some hidden misogyny slip out.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
4.2.5  katrix  replied to    5 years ago
She had it coming. She' been acting all high and mighty and important lately

She's third in line for the Presidency, dear.  I know you hate that fact, but she IS important now.  Trump finally has someone with the balls to stand up to him, and he can't stand it.  Congress is equal to the President and for the last two years, they've acted like they're his direct employees.  It's about damn time they stop being his toadies.  Now we just need the Senate to grow some balls too.

PJ
Masters Quiet
4.2.6  PJ  replied to    5 years ago
She had it coming. She' been acting all high and mighty and important lately.

Hahahahaha - what a predictable comment.  

We need to put these women back in their place.  How dare they stand up to a man!  What a cold hearted bitch.  

Donald should teach her a lesson and grab her by the pussy.  He has every right to do that as a man.  

Junior Participates
4.2.7  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Cerenkov @4.2.4    5 years ago
Careful, you let some hidden misogyny slip out.

Desperate much? 

katrix
Sophomore Participates
4.3  katrix  replied to  KDMichigan @4    5 years ago
It seems that some think that the speaker has authority over the CiC

Congress is the President's equal, which he and the Senate don't seem to understand.  And Pelosi is the top person in Congress, 3rd in line for the Presidency.   And she DOES have the authority to do what she did regarding the SOTU.  Just as Trump has the authority to do what he did about her trip.  The former Speaker was Trump's toadie and Trump's having a hard time adjusting to his new reality, where not everyone bows down to him.

Still, it was pretty juvenile on both sides.  She goaded him, knowing he'd do something vindictive in response - and he played into her hands.  As Graham pointed out, sophomoric all around.

Junior Participates
4.3.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  katrix @4.3    5 years ago
She goaded him, knowing he'd do something vindictive in response - and he played into her hands. 

But, she has a point.  Why give him the "bully pulpit" to come in a spew lies while he alone is responsible for the shutdown.  Starving a narcissistic sociopath of an audience is exactly the right way to handle these destructive people.

Junior Participates

charger 383
Professor Silent
8  charger 383    5 years ago

Her trip is non essential  

Junior Participates
8.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  charger 383 @8    5 years ago

She deserves a Medal of Freedom for sparing the country from Scumbag's "Shlate" of the Union BS.  

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
8.1.1  Ronin2  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @8.1    5 years ago

Right, because Pelosi has done anything to qualify her for that. jrSmiley_27_smiley_image.gif

Presidential Medal of Freedom , the foremost U.S. civilian decoration, awarded to individuals who have made “an especially meritorious contribution to the security or national interests of the United States, world peace, cultural or other significant public or private endeavors.” Recipients of the award are selected by the  president of the United States , with the assistance of the Distinguished Civilian Service Awards Board, an advisory group created in 1957. Although the majority of honorees are U.S. citizens, individuals from other countries are also eligible.

Junior Participates
8.1.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Ronin2 @8.1.1    5 years ago

And yet compared to the traitor Scumbag she's an American hero. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
8.1.3  Ronin2  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @8.1.2    5 years ago

I you limited opinion. She is a career politician that has used her position to enrich herself. Just like all of the other career politicians.  You only worship her for the D behind her name.

Junior Participates
8.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  charger 383 @8    5 years ago

Sorta like Scumbag, then. 

Sophomore Guide
9  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu     5 years ago

Lesson here , do not oppose anything this man wants or it will cost you.  

Our president. 

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
9.1  Sunshine  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @9    5 years ago

I'm sure Pelosi will be just fine...jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

Sophomore Guide
9.1.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Sunshine @9.1    5 years ago
I'm sure Pelosi will be just fine.

LOL... I never worry about the rich, it's the rest of us I'm concerned about. 

I repeat: do not oppose anything this man wants or it will cost you.  

On Second though do not support anything this man wants, that may cost you as well. 

Ask the workers furloughed today. 

Who Knew winning at all costs would actually have a cost ? 

LOL ... me and millions of others

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
9.1.2  Sunshine  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @9.1.1    5 years ago
I repeat: do not oppose anything this man wants or it will cost you.  

Just as easily to say do not oppose the Democrats...but you seem to think it is all on Trump just because he hit back at Pelosi's stupid ass stunt.  

Seems the Democrats want a win at all cost.

Remember Pelosi said....not one penny. 

Sophomore Guide
9.1.3  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Sunshine @9.1.2    5 years ago
Seems the Democrats want a win at all cost. Remember Pelosi said....not one penny. 

If you're going to fight with this man, consider he is already the winner and You are the loser. Best to keep the pied piper happy

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
11  Mark in Wyoming     5 years ago

last I knew , congress critters could book on a space available status on flights already going where they need to go through the military , and its a lot cheaper than most would think , I can just see her in the jump seat of a C-130 flying over the north atlantic…… down side is some poor schmoe using space available would get bumped....

lib50
Professor Silent
11.2  lib50  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @11    5 years ago

Guess you and Trump don't know the Speaker doesn't go commercial anywhere since 9/11.  Catch the hell up.  Oh, and all those 'good' optics you thought Trump is getting?  Lol, the dumbass sent Melania to Maralago on a military flight TODAY. 

Are you looking forward to a Trump indictment as much as I am?  I have my money on Don Jr being first. 

katrix
Sophomore Participates
11.2.1  katrix  replied to  lib50 @11.2    5 years ago

Knowledge of civics is not the forte of Trump supporters.

Junior Participates
11.2.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  katrix @11.2.1    5 years ago
Knowledge of civics is not the forte of Trump supporters.

I hope you won't mind a slight edit:

Knowledge is not the forte of Scumbag supporters.

Sophomore Guide
12  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu     5 years ago

Is it too soon to say I really do feel sorry for our president ?  

Perhaps being born with a silver spoon in your mouth isn't such a good thing after all because I wouldn't trade places with this man for all the Gold in America. His own ego is his worst enemy in my opinion and it's just the head of a long line. 

Good luck to America, this time too shall pass. 

Junior Participates
12.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @12    5 years ago
Perhaps being born with a silver spoon in your mouth

And his head up his kiester where it remains today and forever. 

Sophomore Guide
12.1.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @12.1    5 years ago
And his head up his kiester where it remains today and forever. 

Well that would never be a good thing even without the silver spoon thingy.

LOL 

Ender
Professor Principal
12.1.2  Ender  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @12.1    5 years ago

The really sad thing is people cheering for things like this. Acting like they are in grade school.

Ender
Professor Principal
12.1.4  Ender  replied to    5 years ago

? I don't see both sides cheering on one guy taking away from another.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.1.5  Tessylo  replied to    5 years ago

WRONG

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
12.1.7  tomwcraig  replied to    5 years ago
Pelosi wants to negotiate but leaves town.

You mean Pelosi says she wants to negotiate, but tries to leave town for a week after citing security concerns over the State of the Union address in order to visit a known unstable country...which requires increased security for herself and her companions...

Junior Participates
12.1.8  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to    5 years ago
Both sides right?

Wrong.  But keep trying. 

Junior Participates
12.1.9  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  tomwcraig @12.1.7    5 years ago
tries to leave town for a week

"Trying" to leave town in order to go to Afghanistan in order to try to reassure the military that there are adults still in charge in D.C. and then to Brussels to do the same thing with our NATO allies.  I suppose you think that's like taking a weekend at Mar-a-Lago which, btw, Scumbag ordered a military plane to take Melania down there.  How is it that you fiscal "conservatives" are only that when the Dems are in control but have complete amnesia of that when a wastrel like your Scumbag is in office?  

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
12.1.10  Ronin2  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @12.1.9    5 years ago

Pelosi and being an adult do not coincide with one another; so she can not reassure them of anything.

She should be telling troops in Afghanistan we are finally working on bringing them home; no more endless fighting propping up a weak and corrupt government that Obama tied the US with his SOFA agreement.

She should be backing Trump and telling NATO to pay their damn fair share; or next time the US will not be there to bail them out against some third world country they are either afraid of, or want something from.  

Scumbag ordered a military plane to take Melania down there.  How is it that you fiscal "conservatives" are only that when the Dems are in control but have complete amnesia of that when a wastrel like your Scumbag is in office?  

Wow, I am against all frivolous government spending no matter who is in charge. But the left only seems to concentrate on it when there is a Republican in the WH. When a Democrat "Scumbag" (To use your term) is in the White House no amount of waste is too much. Maybe Trump should have Melania do a fund raiser while down there? That was a favorite ploy by the Obamas to justify all of their travel. Would you find that more palatable?

Junior Participates
12.1.11  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Ender @12.1.2    5 years ago
Acting like they are in grade school.

That shows great generosity on your part. 

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
12.1.12  tomwcraig  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @12.1.9    5 years ago

You do realize that unlike Pelosi, Melania would be a major target and a security nightmare would ensue if she were to fly commercial, correct?  Pelosi is only the leader of the House and as such can be considered expendable.  Melania is the wife of the President of the United States and could be considered a vital asset as she could be used as leverage over the President.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
12.1.13  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  tomwcraig @12.1.12    5 years ago
You do realize that unlike Pelosi, Melania would be a major target and a security nightmare

Huh? The person third in line for the Presidency, the speaker of the house, the leader of the majority party is "expendable"? What the fuck have you been smoking tonight Tom? Melania is about as vital an asset to the United States as a dock whore is to the Navy.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
12.1.14  livefreeordie  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @12.1.13    5 years ago

All of the anti American Democrats in Congress are expendable

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
12.1.15  tomwcraig  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @12.1.13    5 years ago

So, tell me, how would kidnapping the Speaker of the House actually affect national policy or give anyone influence over the President?  Kidnapping Melania would give someone the ability of forcing the President to make decisions against the best interests of the United States.  That is why she has to use military planes, while the Speaker can just use commercial flights.  Killing the Speaker of the House would be a major political boost for a person or a group, but would not really affect the make-up or policies of the United States as a whole.  The Democrats would just put someone else in her place for the rest of her term both as a Representative from California and as Speaker.  Killing Melania would probably cause Trump to go to war with whomever did it.  But, that would ultimately be a bad decision.  The country could survive anything happening to Pelosi, not so much if something happened to Melania.  THAT is why Pelosi is expendable.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
12.1.16  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  tomwcraig @12.1.15    5 years ago
Kidnapping Melania would give someone the ability of forcing the President to make decisions against the best interests of the United States.

Not any more than the pee tapes they already have do. We are already witnessing a compromised President. When he and his stooges all go down for conspiracy, corruption and obstruction of justice Nancy Pelosi will be sworn in as President and the majority of Americans, the patriotic justice and equality loving Americans, who have been practically holding their breath since Trump took office will let out a long well deserved sigh of relief.

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
12.1.17  tomwcraig  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @12.1.16    5 years ago

What "pee tapes"?  If you are talking about the Steele dossier, that part was completely debunked and the rest is completely unverifiable.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.1.18  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @12.1.16    5 years ago
ot any more than the pee tapes they already have do

If you have them, produce them. It is that simple.

Otherwise, it is just a bunch of very poor guesses from people who SHOULD know better but don't.

Not a chance in hell that if they existed they wouldn't have leaked by now. Just like with Trump's taxes the left seems to be in such a hissy tizzy about.

lib50
Professor Silent
12.1.19  lib50  replied to  tomwcraig @12.1.17    5 years ago
the rest is completely unverifiable.

Not all.  This is a good summation of the dossier and what it is.  Its a collection of raw data, and some has been confirmed.   The main point I make is that until Mueller gives his report and the dems do a REAL investigation, we have limited knowledge from indictments and testimony and our own eyes and ears.  The proof will come when the investigating is done.  And the ducks are falling as it moves forward.  To act like this is all a big nothing is to strain credulity.  The pee tape isn't verified, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist,  I could could not care less about that part, but I do think it rings true to everything I know about that jackass. 

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
12.1.20  tomwcraig  replied to  lib50 @12.1.19    5 years ago

The problem is that it wasn't an intelligence document.  It was essentially the same thing that Donald Trump Jr supposedly tried to gain from the meeting with the female Russian lawyer.  You know "DIRT" on Trump.  Yet, this "DIRT" is being used as the basis of an investigation on Donald Trump.  Why isn't there an investigation into how the dossier was compiled and why hasn't Hillary's campaign officers been investigated for collusion with a foreign citizen to influence the 2016 election, which we have HARD evidence of from testimony by Glenn Simpson and Chris Steele?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
12.1.21  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  tomwcraig @12.1.20    5 years ago
It was essentially the same thing that Donald Trump Jr supposedly tried to gain from the meeting with the female Russian lawyer.  You know "DIRT" on Trump.  Yet, this "DIRT" is being used as the basis of an investigation on Donald Trump. 

Total and utter bullshit. Hiring an ex-MI6 agent who was familiar with the Russian oligarch mobsters to gather intel on the numerous very real connections Donald Trump and his campaign staff had with Russian mobsters and the kingpin himself, the pig fucker Vladimir Putin, is a far cry from going to the pig fucker Putin and asking for help in return for removing sanctions, ending the Magnistky act and having a "better" relationship aka being Russia's little bitch, all in exchange for their illicit help winning a national election.

The two aren't even on the same planet, how anyone can draw any sort of correlation boggles my mind. They'd either have to be fans of the Russian pig fucker Putin, or are so stupid and gullible they believe Putin has our best interests at heart.

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
12.1.23  tomwcraig  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @12.1.21    5 years ago

Cite the proof that Trump did all that, please.  Right now all you have is allegations that are completely unproven.  And, what can be proven are the SAME THINGS THE CLINTON CAMPAIGN DID.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
12.1.24  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  tomwcraig @12.1.23    5 years ago
Cite the proof that Trump did all that, please

" numerous very real connections Donald Trump and his campaign staff had with Russian mobsters"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/inside-trumps-financial-ties-to-russia-and-his-unusual-flattery-of-vladimir-putin/2016/06/17/dbdcaac8-31a6-11e6-8ff7-7b6c1998b7a0_story.html?utm_term=.ec65a436a9bf

" Putin and asking for help in return for removing sanctions, ending the Magnistky act and having a "better" relationship"

“President Putin, did you want President Trump to win the election and did you direct any of your officials to help him do that? ” 

Yes, I did. Yes, I did. Because he talked about bringing the U.S.–Russia relationship back to normal.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/12/20/trump-tower-meeting-gets-another-intriguing-layer/?utm_term=.184f8e4c444e

" all in exchange for their illicit help winning a national election"

It amazes me how all of a sudden conservative Republicans have become terrible at "connect the dots". It's almost like they don't want to know what actually happened, they'd rather be lied to by the gold plated piece of shit in the oval office.

lib50
Professor Silent
12.1.25  lib50  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @12.1.24    5 years ago

Grads of Trump U don't need to actually attend to graduate with honors in turning a blind eye.  Funny how easy it is for them to not see what is right in front of their faces after years of seeing things that weren't there.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
13  Tacos!    5 years ago

This is a top notch burn. Well played, sir.

Sophomore Guide
13.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Tacos! @13    5 years ago
This is a top notch burn. Well played, sir.

LOL

Your next !

Just kidding,

I hope. 

:)

lib50
Professor Silent
13.2  lib50  replied to  Tacos! @13    5 years ago

Haha, not so fast!  Still think he has a brain cell?

Donald Trump declared today (Jan. 17) he was grounding Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi’s upcoming trip to visit troops in Afghanistan “in light of the 800,000 Great American workers not receiving pay,” alluding to the expense of flying military aircraft there. Hours later, his wife Melania Trump was on board a US military plane to Palm Beach, Florida, where the couple have a private club, on a flight that Quartz calculates cost US taxpayers $35,000.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
13.2.1  Ronin2  replied to  lib50 @13.2    5 years ago

So what?

Does the first lady have the power to negotiate the budget instead of Nancy? Did the first lady cancel the State of the Union Address sighting security concerns? Then try to jump on an air force jet for a vacation at tax payer expense, while stretching the man power of the poor unpaid security agents during the shut down?  What is worse scheduling a stop off in Afghanistan which requires extra security. 

Love the hypocrisy that the left will not call Pelosi out. Poor Nancy, her little stunt backfired.  Better slam the First Lady again. Of course Melania hasn't been shown any respect by the left since becoming First Lady, so it is no surprise. 

katrix
Sophomore Participates
13.2.3  katrix  replied to  Ronin2 @13.2.1    5 years ago
Then try to jump on an air force jet for a vacation at tax payer expense

Visiting the troops in a war zone isn't a vacation.  Did you call it a vacation when Trump finally got his ass in gear and visited Iraq (and nobody violated protocol by telling the world about it, either). 

I don't think her stunt backfired.  She had to know that Trump would do something juvenile in response; his thin skin makes him unable to let anything slide.  I'd probably rate this as a tie. As Graham pointed out, both of them behaved in a sophomoric manner.  Meanwhile, the furlough continues.  Have you ever read Dr. Suess' "The Zaxx?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
13.2.4  Ronin2  replied to  katrix @13.2.3    5 years ago
Visiting the troops in a war zone isn't a vacation.  Did you call it a vacation when Trump finally got his ass in gear and visited Iraq (and nobody violated protocol by telling the world about it, either). 

Afghanistan is just 1 stop on the tour. Which the left is trying really, really hard to ignore. Visiting the troops in a war zone is a feel good photo op. Trump POTUS is the Commander in Chief; head of all of the US armed forces. If you can't tell the difference between the two positions there is no point trying to hold a rational discussion.

As for violating protocol- her trip is delayed or canceled. To quote Hillary, "What difference, at this point, does it make anyways?"; if it let slip one of their stops was Afghanistan?

I don't think her stunt backfired.

Right. I am sure her entourage knows exactly how much it did; and was told very loudly.

She had to know that Trump would do something juvenile in response; his thin skin makes him unable to let anything slide.

Because any other president would have let what she did slide. Try again.

I'd probably rate this as a tie. As Graham pointed out, both of them behaved in a sophomoric manner.

Sorry, no tie. Pelosi threw down the gauntlet and Trump beat her with it. Yes, both acted juvenile; but Pelosi and the Dems claim they are the grown ups in the room. They have proven repeatedly that they are not.

Meanwhile, the furlough continues.  Have you ever read Dr. Suess' "The Zaxx?

Yes it does. Tell me, where is the budget that Pelosi and House have put forward with all of her wonderful ideas on border security? She seems to think she has the answers; but is not willing to commit to them. Of course the Dems were for walls/fences and border security before Trump; now that Trump is in power there is no longer any reason for increased border security. Thousands of illegal immigrant caravaners, with two more caravans forming in South America, trying to storm our borders proving them wrong. 

As for the Zaxx reference. I am well aware of it. It takes two to negotiate. Right now only Trump is talking about negotiating. Pelosi and Schumer have made their ultimatums and will not budge. So the analogy is wrong. 

Ender
Professor Principal
14  Ender    5 years ago

Pelosi didn't even cancel the stotu address, she asked that it be postponed or moved to the oval office.

I don't blame her. Bad optics.

Plus trump just uses any opportunity to make it just another political rally.

This just shows me what the child in chief actually is.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
14.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @14    5 years ago
Pelosi didn't even cancel the stotu address, she asked that it be postponed or moved to the oval office.

And Trump is only postponing her trip. She is still able to go

Ender
Professor Principal
14.1.1  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @14.1    5 years ago

And trump had what he wanted last year. He turned it down.

Sophomore Guide
14.1.2  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Vic Eldred @14.1    5 years ago
And Trump is only postponing her trip. She is still able to go

I just wonder how much time and effort he spent thinking up this counter punch. 

Lesson here: do not question or oppose this man or there will be a price to pay. 

Sad. 

Sophomore Guide
14.1.3  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Ender @14.1.1    5 years ago

Of course he did, He wasn't getting everything his own way then either. 

The man acts like a damn child most of the time. Me me me !!  I want it MY WAY.

Wa wa wa. 

Sad !

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
14.1.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @14.1.1    5 years ago

No he didn't.  The deal is a Wall, the end of chain migration, the end of the visa lottery, the end of abuse of our asylum system by tightening standards, imposing penalties for fraud, and ensuring detention while claims are verified, the end of "sanctuary cities" and the hiring 10,000 more ICE officers and 300 federal prosecutors in return for DACA concessions.  Dems don't get to pick one or two of those conditions. If they want DACA amnesty it will cost all of the above.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
14.1.5  Vic Eldred  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @14.1.2    5 years ago
I just wonder how much time and effort he spent thinking up this counter punch. 

Don't know, but he played it perfectly

Ender
Professor Principal
14.1.6  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @14.1.4    5 years ago

The deal had an end to 'chain migration'. It had 25 mil for a wall and it had more spend on going after criminal immigrants.

The only reason it was turned trump refused it was because of DACA. Which happens to be the only thing the Dems wanted.

It is not a negotiation when the only thing one side wants will not be on the table.

Sanctuary cities is a misnomer.

Also all you are saying is give me every thing I fucking want and I will give you one thing. 

That is not negotiation by any stretch of the imagination.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
14.1.7  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @14.1.6    5 years ago
Also all you are saying is give me every thing I fucking want and I will give you one thing. 

American sovereignty was never a partisan issue before Trump. Why now?

The only reason it was turned trump refused it was because of DACA. Which happens to be the only thing the Dems wanted.

WRONG!  What ended those negotiations was a liberal judge who suddenly declared that the DACA EA was legal!!!  Even Obama didn't think that, he said it wasn't 3 times before he took action.  That decision, which now has to slowly move through the Courts, took away any incentive for democrats to negotiate.

Sophomore Guide
14.1.8  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Vic Eldred @14.1.5    5 years ago
just wonder how much time and effort he spent thinking up this counter punch. 
Don't know, but he played it perfectly

oF course he did, it's not his first fight. The man is used to getting what he wants anyway he can get it. While that may seem wonderful, until and unless what HE wants is in contrast to what YOU want and think is best, then it's still ...   O well. 

If you're going to fight with this man, consider he is already the winner and You are the loser. Best to keep the pied piper happy. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
14.1.9  Vic Eldred  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @14.1.8    5 years ago

You'll survive. I survived 8 years of it.

Ender
Professor Principal
14.1.10  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @14.1.7    5 years ago

Wrong. They could still pass DACA protections.

It was trump that refused to have it on any bill. He has said he wants it to go to the SC.

So now you are basically saying, give me everything I fucking want and you all get nothing.

And it is the Dems that won't negotiate? Please...

Ender
Professor Principal
14.1.11  Ender  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @14.1.8    5 years ago

What gets me is the sheer hypocrisy. If a Democratic president had done even 1/8th of what trump is doing, they would be screaming bloody murder.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
14.1.12  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @14.1.10    5 years ago
Wrong. They could still pass DACA protections.

Of course they can. Where did I say they couldn't?  Your'e wrong!

It was trump that refused to have it on any bill. He has said he wants it to go to the SC.

Right because the dems won't negotiate if DACA remains protected. Remember DACA protections were supposed to end months ago. Now we have to wait for the SCOTUS to rule on that decision.  Please tell us - HOW DO YOU THINK THEY WILL RULE?

So now you are basically saying, give me everything I fucking want and you all get nothing.

I'm saying that granting amnesty (AGAIN!) requires all of Trumps conditions be met. I consider those things equal. 

And it is the Dems that won't negotiate? Please..

You finally got it!

Sophomore Guide
14.1.15  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Vic Eldred @14.1.9    5 years ago
You'll survive.

I intend to, I dont plan on getting in this mans cross hairs. 

Sophomore Guide
14.1.16  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Ender @14.1.11    5 years ago

They did and still do. 

Ender
Professor Principal
14.1.17  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @14.1.12    5 years ago

The DACA protections were not an amnesty, so you can quit with that lie.

Granting them protections has nothing to do with the meltdown the right is having.

trump can take his demands and shove them up his ass.

Last I heard there was co-equal branches of government. Not trump rule.

Again you are saying fuck the DACA people, just give me what I want.

No matter how you try to say it, negotiation is not give me everything I want even though I am taking what you want out of the equation.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
14.1.18  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @14.1.17    5 years ago
The DACA protections were not an amnesty, so you can quit with that lie.

Again you attribute something to me that I never said or implied. I don't know where you get it, but since you don't understand DACA or why Obama had no right to do what he did or why the liberal judge had even less right to back it, let me explain it to you:

DACA was an immigration policy adopted by Obama, which allows individuals who were brought to the US ILLEGALLY as children to receive a renewable two year deferred action from deportation and they are eligible for work permits in the US. The policy was an executive memorandum of then President Barak Obama. Obama himself questioned publically if he had the legal right to create this policy. Legal experts have argued on whether DACA is constitutional. No Court has yet ruled on it's legality. President Trump announced that he intended to repeal it. He extended it for a six month period first to allow congress (which is the branch to legislate) to enact a DACA Act, while he negotiated with democrats for border security.

Again you are saying fuck the DACA people, just give me what I want.

No, I haven't given MY opinion on the DACA people.

No matter how you try to say it, negotiation is not give me everything I want even though I am taking what you want out of the equation.

Sometimes the "everything" one side wants is equal to the one thing the other side wants. ( 5 pennies for one nickel).  Another round of amnesty is a huge consession, especially since dems reneged on border security the first time it was granted.

Ender
Professor Principal
14.1.19  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @14.1.18    5 years ago

I never saw anywhere in the bill where there was amnesty.

lib50
Professor Silent
14.1.20  lib50  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @14.1.2    5 years ago
Lesson here: do not question or oppose this man or there will be a price to pay. 

Sad. 

What kind of lesson is that?   You don't cave to that behavior,  its 3 yr old behavior and they aren't equipped to govern.  Force McConnell to do his damn job instead.  

Sophomore Guide
14.1.21  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  lib50 @14.1.20    5 years ago
What kind of lesson is that? 

a very dangerous one. Letting trump have his way is insane. He's gonna want more. That was my point. 

Thus the pied piper reference. I think we all know how that story ends.   Badly !

katrix
Sophomore Participates
14.1.22  katrix  replied to  Ender @14.1.6    5 years ago
The deal had an end to 'chain migration'

But of course, not to end it before Melania's parents took advantage of it to get their citizenship, after Melania was an illegal immigrant for a time (but since she's hot and willing to have sex with Trump, apparently none of the Trump supporters care about that - what hypocrisy).

Texan1211
Professor Principal
14.1.23  Texan1211  replied to  katrix @14.1.22    5 years ago

Melania Trump became a permanent U.S resident in 2001, and a U.S. citizen in 2006.

Whining about it now is rather pointless.

But since you seem to know a lot about her, please describe when she came here illegally or overstayed her visa.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
14.1.24  katrix  replied to  Texan1211 @14.1.23    5 years ago

She apparently worked 10 modeling jobs when she only had a B1/B2 visitor visa.  That's illegal.  It's also one of the more common ways for someone to be an illegal immigrant - overstaying a visa, or working without the proper work visa.

It's never pointless to point out hypocrisy.  Trump has had illegal immigrants work at his properties and that's also hypocritical - he's only against illegal immigration when it doesn't benefit him. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
14.1.25  Ronin2  replied to  katrix @14.1.24    5 years ago

Then by all means try to deport her, unfortunately she is a US citizen now; so it will damn tough if not impossible.

Raid all of Trump's businesses to get rid of the illegals. Better be damn sure your information is accurate- and you know which are illegal immigrants and which are not. Be prepared for a massive lawsuit(s) when mistakes are made.

I don't give a damn about Trump; but trying to claim he is the only hypocrite in this mess is inaccurate. The system that fostered these abuses has been put in place by both sides. Neither side has any desire to fix the problem. It is too valuable of a campaign tool.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
14.2  KDMichigan  replied to  Ender @14    5 years ago
I don't blame her. Bad optics.

But taking a trip to Brussels, Egypt and Afghanistan during a shutdown isn't?

They ALL need to keep their asses in Washington until a agreement is met.

It is awful funny that the dingbat Nancy says the State of the Union address shouldn't happen because of security concerns, But wants to take a trip with her entourage overseas. jrSmiley_23_smiley_image.gif

Ender
Professor Principal
14.2.1  Ender  replied to  KDMichigan @14.2    5 years ago

I will actually agree with you on that. Postpone the trip.

Though I will say, maybe not as easy to do. If meetings were already set up with other dignitaries.

Sophomore Guide
14.2.2  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  KDMichigan @14.2    5 years ago
It is awful funny that the dingbat Nancy says the State of the Union address shouldn't happen because of security concerns, But wants to take a trip with her entourage overseas.

That I agree with. trumps behaviour, ways and means once again I do not. 

maybe not as easy to do. If meetings were already set up with other dignitaries.

Yet another point to consider that may not have been.  trump isn't real keen on details I've noticed. LOL 

Understatement to be sure ! 

Ender
Professor Principal
14.2.3  Ender  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @14.2.2    5 years ago
trump isn't real keen on details

That is what gets me.

The leaders of these other countries knew they were coming. Meetings were most likely planned and set up.

It makes us all look bad in the eyes of the other countries.

I can imagine Pelosi calling up other dignitaries (at the last minute) and saying, sorry we will have to reschedule, trump is being an ass.

Sophomore Guide
14.2.4  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Ender @14.2.3    5 years ago
I can imagine Pelosi calling up other dignitaries (at the last minute) and saying, sorry we will have to reschedule, trump is being an ass....yep but

Do you think that would be the first time someone has needed to say something like that regarding this man ?  

"Sorry Trumperika needs to renege, the boss is in a mood."   I'm sure this isn't the first or last time. 

Just another day in magaland. 

sad

Tessylo
Professor Principal
14.2.5  Tessylo  replied to  Ender @14.2.1    5 years ago

They would have to be set up well in advance.  Pelosi told him no.  TRump tantrum.  Cancel hours ahead of trip.  Fuck you, you told me no. 

Fuck you foreign dignitaries,  fuck everyone.  NO ONE TELLS RUMP NO YOU CANT DO THAT

TᵢG
Professor Principal
14.2.6  TᵢG  replied to  Tessylo @14.2.5    5 years ago

Is it not great to see our lead politicians behaving as petty asses?

When are Trump, Pelosi, Schumer and McConnell scheduled to appear on the Jerry Springer show?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
14.2.7  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @14.2.6    5 years ago

I don't feel that Pelosi and Schumer are acting like petty asses.  

I think you hit on something there though.  I think you've given Steve and I an idea for another Rump reality show, like the old Geraldo Rivera show back in the day and the apprentice and Jerry Springer show on steroids

lib50
Professor Silent
14.2.8  lib50  replied to  KDMichigan @14.2    5 years ago

Its even worse when you cancel a visit to our troops for a lie and send your wife on same type of military plane to her mansion in Florida for fun, alone, all in the same day.  Dumbass doesn't even begin to describe him.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
14.4  Cerenkov  replied to  Ender @14    5 years ago

So what? Trump didn't cancel her trip. He just postponed it. Only a hypocrite would claim any difference here.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
14.4.1  katrix  replied to  Cerenkov @14.4    5 years ago

She didn't cancel the SOTU, either.  He's free to hold it at the White House. 

Too bad Trump doesn't actually give a shit about national security.  Announcing her planned trip was against security protocol, and the Speaker really should not fly commercial - they are 3rd in line for the Presidency. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
14.4.2  Texan1211  replied to  katrix @14.4.1    5 years ago
She didn't cancel the SOTU, either. He's free to hold it at the White House.

I hope that is exactly what he does. He doesn't need Congress as an audience. Or maybe Trump can invite Republicans to hear it?

Too bad Trump doesn't actually give a shit about national security. Announcing her planned trip was against security protocol, and the Speaker really should not fly commercial - they are 3rd in line for the Presidency.

Why worry about "security" for a non-trip?

That is silly!

Trump DID make one crucial error, IMP.

He should have waited and then cancelled little old Nancy's RETURN flight.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
14.4.3  Ronin2  replied to  Texan1211 @14.4.2    5 years ago
Trump DID make one crucial error, IMP. He should have waited and then cancelled little old Nancy's RETURN flight.

I was thinking the same thing; but that would have stranded her security detail as well. No one deserves to be stuck with Nancy when she is that mad. Trump did them a favor, one I am sure they are thankful for. 

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
14.4.4  Sunshine  replied to  Texan1211 @14.4.2    5 years ago
He should have waited and then cancelled little old Nancy's RETURN flight.

haha...jrSmiley_68_smiley_image.png

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
15  Vic Eldred    5 years ago

"I also feel that, during this period, it would be better if you were in Washington negotiating with me and joining the Strong Border Security movement to end the Shutdown"

So well put!

Sophomore Guide
15.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Vic Eldred @15    5 years ago
negotiating with me

I didn't know there was a negotiation, I though trump said he wanted 5 billion and nancy said No. What negotiation ? Did trump change what he wants or will accept ?   Perhaps if so He should say so. 

I didn't hear nancy say she would change the No either so..... Where is the negotiating ?

Sounds more like a stalemate ta me. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
15.1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @15.1    5 years ago

So you admit the dems will never agree to a wall, because of their radical base. They need to deny Trump!  Ya, I already got that, but Trump does want to give Nancy one last chance before he declares a national emergency

Sophomore Guide
15.1.2  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Vic Eldred @15.1.1    5 years ago
So you admit the dems will never agree to a wall

No one in their right mind will agree to build a damn wall 2000 miles and pay for it, Not The dems not the cons and in reality not the president or mexico.  What most people agree we need and want is a damn fence, as does border patrol.  I do wish this president would learn the meanings of words he uses. It would make everyone's life so much damn easier.  

First the man called for a great wall , then a wall, now last I heard he called it a "Protection barrier" He seems to have a real problem with the word fence replacing his great WALL.  WTF ? 

And BTW:  Now he wants it tomorrow. Grandiose BS once again from trump. Over and over this mans solutions are grandiose, over blown and therefor unrealistic, scaled back perhaps workable.  

sad

Sophomore Guide
15.1.4  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to    5 years ago
Now the wall is immoral according Nancy .

This lady is trying to fight trump on his own terf and losing poorly, desperate people sometimes say and do stupidly desperate shit they don't even believe themselves. 

I have little doubt that is the case here. 

Dems already voted to fund more fencing, technology and border patrols, trump wanted to PUMP IT UP as usual. The man can't help himself everything has to be Grandiose ! Today and Huge, which of course is unrealistic. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
15.1.5  Vic Eldred  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @15.1.2    5 years ago
No one in their right mind will agree to build a damn wall 2000 miles and pay for it

It's not going to be 2,000 miles and the President is only asking for $5.7 Billion. Not much in today's budgets.Yet, democrats can smother the economy with all kinds of pork spending.

What most people agree we need and want is a damn fence, as does border patrol.  I do wish this president would learn the meanings of words he uses. It would make everyone's life so much damn easier.  

Nope, that's not what is wanted. The dems want to deny, the President they hate, his campaign promise. The President is determined to build some wall for the same reason. Whoever backs down now pays a huge political cost.

First the man called for a great wall , then a wall, now last I heard he called it a "Protection barrier" He seems to have a real problem with the word fence replacing his great WALL.  WTF ? 

Progressives made it the monster issue it now is.

Sophomore Guide
15.1.6  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Vic Eldred @15.1.5    5 years ago
Progressives made it the monster issue it now is.

BS, trump doesn't use his word worth a shit, The man cant stop saying he wants a wall. a wall is unrealistic. So is trump. 

Sophomore Guide
15.1.8  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to    5 years ago
10 of thousands or more try to flood the border it would  be nice to have a barrier at that point right.

A wall or a fence alone would not stop 10s of thousands of people, at least the national guard would need to be called into action. And either a wall of a fence would only slow that much force coming at either down for a short time. Manpower would be necessary. 

Sophomore Guide
15.1.10  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to    5 years ago
It will help slow them down that's the point

Border patrol wanted a fence, trump wanted a wall. I'm of the mind the people actually doing the job usually know what tools they need.

Some "managers" disagree and the workers deal with the crap. A really good leader know this stuff and doesn't insist on everything being his way, Yep trump finnlay backed off his great wall. now it's build it all today.  Grandiose is not realistic maybe someday someone will point out the difference to trump. 

till then this is what we deal with, daily Chaos. Sooner or later his unpredictability will affect the stock market, Investors want and need stability. 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
15.1.11  bbl-1  replied to    5 years ago

If there were a natural disaster or pandemic in South or Central America I would assume that the United States would do everything it could to help. 

It would wouldn't it?  Or would the MAGA philosophy prevail?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
15.1.12  Tessylo  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @15.1    5 years ago

Rump walked  into that meeting with Schumer and Pelosi: 

'Am I getting my wall?'

'No'

'We have nothing to talk about'

'Bye bye'

And the turd walked  out

Sophomore Guide
15.1.13  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Tessylo @15.1.12    5 years ago

I'm not surprised. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
15.1.14  Tessylo  replied to  bbl-1 @15.1.11    5 years ago

Excellent!  I don't know why I didn't get that before.  Why wouldn't we want to help people facing death by disease or devastation. 

We have to stop these folks at our border fleeing death and destruction by any means necessary 

This sounds eerily like Puerto Rico.  They're still devastated there and Rump wants to divert disaster funds from there towards building his fucking wall

How humane

Sad

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
15.1.15  bbl-1  replied to  Tessylo @15.1.14    5 years ago

The whole point is this.  America always stood for something.  Lately, that 'something' is questionable.

I just never bought into the MAGA stuff.  Because I never DID NOT believe America was great.  Of course we always had issues, but America always strived to be better.  Always!  That is what great nations do.

Sophomore Guide
15.1.16  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  bbl-1 @15.1.15    5 years ago
America always stood for something.  Lately, that 'something' is questionable.

Its worst than questionable our new national motto is "Fuck you I come first in the world." 

Now get the Hell outta the way, it's picture time ! 512

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
15.1.17  bbl-1  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @15.1.16    5 years ago

Understand what you're saying.  But nothing is that simple.

The Isolationist wing in America installed the Trump ( possibly with foreign help ) and their goal is exactly what the Trump is proposing.

Thusly, America must decide whether it wishes to make the sacrifices and reap the benefit of being a world power or just another world player.

I personally prefer being the nation calling the shots rather than being the nation trying to make them.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
15.1.18  bbl-1  replied to  bbl-1 @15.1.17    5 years ago

It is midnight.  Good night.  Sleep well everyone.  Tomorrow will be more Trump news---of that I am confident.

Sophomore Guide
15.1.19  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  bbl-1 @15.1.17    5 years ago

As long as we are the worlds police force we are significant, when we stop, we are just another nation to be policed...I agree !

lib50
Professor Silent
15.1.20  lib50  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @15.1.4    5 years ago

She ain't losing my friend.  You don't seem to know her very well, I have been watching her for years and Trump himself knows he has met his match.  By the way, Trump sent Melania on a military flight to FL TODAY.  His 'victory' wasn't one.

Sophomore Guide
15.1.21  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  lib50 @15.1.20    5 years ago
She ain't losing my friend.  You don't seem to know her very well, I have been watching her for years and Trump himself knows he has met his match.

She ain't losing my friend.  Did nancy anticipate trumps move ? Did she know this was his move and have an alternative plan in place ?

IMO: She lost the round. She poked the bear and it backfired. This is going to get nothing but nasty and disgusting before it's over and trump will eventually get what he wants or damn close to it. 

Why people still underestimate this man I'll Never understand, Hes hell set on control and willing do do damn near anything to get it. Pelosi is like the rest to him, indispensable. He'll do all he can to destroy her if and when she opposes him and his will.

Fight to the death of a career. Trumps specialty. 

That Is his nature.  

Good Luck America !

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
15.1.22  tomwcraig  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @15.1.2    5 years ago

Do you understand "defense-in-depth"?  A wall is a necessary first line of defense along our southern border to 1) protect our agents, 2) protect our sovereignty, and 3) protect immigrants.  It would protect our agents by diverting many illegal immigrants to areas where we have higher concentrations of agents, which in turn would reduce the danger to those agents by the simple concept of "greater numbers equaling greater protection".  It would protect our sovereignty by demarking our border and increasing the chance of catching those that cross illegally by delaying and diverting them.  It would protect immigrants, because illegal immigrants would not be crossing in areas where there is little or no water or food and would be diverted to areas where a greater number of agents are available to help them in case they are sick or starving.

Sophomore Guide
15.1.23  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  tomwcraig @15.1.22    5 years ago
Do you understand "defense-in-depth"? 
dont need to. 

do you understand the border patrol recommends a fence so they can see thru it to prepare for whats on the other side ? 

Seems the president is having a tough time understanding that one. Go figure, No great wall needed . OUCH where will trumpy hang his name ?

Well now probably on a fence.

LOL  

PS: I highly doubt trump knows more about protecting the border than does the border portal themselves. most people doing a job, know what they need to do that job well.  I doubt that our Border patrol personal is any exception to that. 

If the US Border patrol says they want and need a fence, that's what they should get IMO: Not a monumental great wall .

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
15.1.24  tomwcraig  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @15.1.23    5 years ago

I guess you missed the prototypes tested for the past year in the San Diego sector.  Trump is letting the Border Patrol design the wall/fence.  So, in reality, the Border Patrol will get what they feel they need, if the Democrats will spend the money.  You do realize that the Democrats are refusing to spend 0.129% of the budget on the wall, which is what $5.7 billion of the $4.407 trillion budget is.  Or, if you go by expected revenue it is 0.167% of the $3.422 trillion in expected revenue.  So, would you object to paying $56.76 for a partial fence or wall around your home if you had a yearly budget of $44,000?  You see that is the equivalent of that 0.129% or 0.00129 of a $44,000 budget.

Sophomore Guide
15.1.25  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  tomwcraig @15.1.24    5 years ago

As you probably know I have NO say in either why we spend nor how we spend funds 

From what I've seen hardly any congres people are willing to spend what is truly wanted or needed to build a 2000 mile fence let alone a Wall.

Until very recently trump insisted on calling any barrier a Wall. Whose fault is it that, people that know what a wall is had a problem with that. Why in the Hell are We supposed to "Read between the words" our president uses to know WTF he really means ?  That's immature and ridiculous !

Most civilized adults use proper wording to describe what they talk about . WTF is trumps problem. Seriously doesn't he understand that words have specific meanings ? 

When people use correct terminology it's much easier to understand WTF they actually mean. Trump doesn't care. He himself has said "Words to me don't mean much, it's deeds that matter."   What Bull Shit. Words do matter especially for people in power over others. 

When and IF this man ever acts like a true adult. he'll probably be treated as such.

Now his grandiose plan is to do it all  instantly.  First a wall, now it's fund it all TODAY.  

Me thinks our president needs to grow up and start acting much more as an adult and not as a spoiled child who believes he should get his own way at a moments notice.

Reality doesn't work that way, Doing anything takes time, money and effort, Building anything to last takes even more. 

It is not an instantaneous world as this man would like. No matter how much power, fame or money one has.  Anything worth doing takes time. and usually corporation.

again trump doesn't seem to get that nor care. IMO: This man is no great leader, he's a megalomaniac wanting to have and hold great power and I think the quicker he's gone the better for us all. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
15.2  Ozzwald  replied to  Vic Eldred @15    5 years ago
it would be better if you were in Washington negotiating with me

You mean coming to a meeting with me to negotiate so I can walk out on you?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
15.2.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ozzwald @15.2    5 years ago

Dems haven't been coming to meetings. This is a life and death struggle over the wall AND now it is a question of who backs off - Its an epic war between the bases!

Sophomore Guide
15.2.2  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Vic Eldred @15.2.1    5 years ago
Its an epic war between the bases!

IMO: An unnecessary one. Funding the border fence has been happening in stages for years. this mans fixation on a wall of any sort that bears his name at this point seems to be his objective. At any cost I might add. 

Sad

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
15.2.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @15.2.2    5 years ago
this mans fixation on a wall of any sort that bears his name at this point seems to be his objective. At any cost I might add. 

Who's fixation? Trump's? or the hate-filled liberals?  Nancy and her followers had a bad day today. May they have many more.

Sophomore Guide
15.2.4  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Vic Eldred @15.2.3    5 years ago
Who's fixation? Trump's? or the hate-filled liberals?  Nancy and her followers had a bad day today. May they have many more.

Start giving this man everything he wants and it wont stop. People advocating for that I dont think have thought it true worth a shit either. 

lib50
Professor Silent
15.2.5  lib50  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @15.2.4    5 years ago

Exactly.  Can't believe people expect anybody to follow toddler behavior.  All for a wall no republican thought important enough to pay for until just before Nancy got the gavel. 

lib50
Professor Silent
15.2.6  lib50  replied to  Vic Eldred @15.2.3    5 years ago
Nancy and her followers had a bad day today. May they have many more.

Lol, I can't stop laughing every time I read this. 

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!

As Trump grounds Pelosi’s troop visit, FLOTUS boarded a $35,000 military flight to Florida

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
15.2.7  Vic Eldred  replied to  lib50 @15.2.6    5 years ago

Too bad you wouldn't link the source

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
15.2.8  Ronin2  replied to  lib50 @15.2.6    5 years ago

Breaking news.

Who gives a shit! Can the FLOTUS negotiate a budget on Nancy's behalf? Did the FLOTUS claim that there isn't enough security due to the shutdown for the president to give the State of the Union Address to a joint session of Congress; then try and jump on a military jet which one of the stops is Afghanistan which requires extra security?

No, that is Nancy Pelosi- the self entitled career politician. She played her political hand, and lost. The cards are being dealt again now. Care to wager if she is going to put her grand ideas on border security into a budget and present it to the Senate so a final budget can be negotiated; or if she is going to be petulant child and come out swinging against Trump again?

The left is making me defend Trump. What levels have they sunk to make that happen? They are as easily as bad as he is. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
15.2.10  Ozzwald  replied to    5 years ago

And she wasn't planning to visit the troops.

You going to provide a source for today's claim Wally?  Why else would a government official fly only to Afghanistan and back?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
15.2.12  Texan1211  replied to  lib50 @15.2.6    5 years ago
As Trump grounds Pelosi’s troop visit, FLOTUS boarded a $35,000 military flight to Florida

Two completely unrelated events.

I figured anyone would be able to see that.

Oops! I was wrong.

Some can not see that.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
15.2.13  Ozzwald  replied to    5 years ago
She had a stop in Brussels - and get this bullshit - so the pilot could rest.

Yeah, who cares if it is an 8 hour flight, those pilots never need to rest no matter what the rules say. /s

lib50
Professor Silent
15.2.14  lib50  replied to  Vic Eldred @15.2.7    5 years ago
Too bad you wouldn't link the source

Well Vic it wasn't hard to find, I'm sure its easier today for you.

lib50
Professor Silent
15.2.15  lib50  replied to  Texan1211 @15.2.12    5 years ago
Two completely unrelated events.

Yes, we agree on that.  One was a congressional visit to our allies in NATO and to our troops in a war zone the president hasn't had the balls to go to.  The other was a woman flying to her mansion in Florida by herself for some vacation time. 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
15.2.16  KDMichigan  replied to  lib50 @15.2.6    5 years ago

Isn't that just freaking awesome. 

FLOTUS flying after that hag Pelosi got grounded was the coup de grace to the shlonging she already got from President Trump.

The House needs to do there job. Jet setting isn't doing your job. They need to work till a agreement is reached.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
17  1stwarrior    5 years ago

Gads - one member feels they have to answer everyone's comments, totally disrupting the flow of conversation just to see their name in print???

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
18  bbl-1    5 years ago

Got a strange feeling that 'the Trump' took a big bite without the teeth. 

Pelosi 'de-planed' from visiting NATO and the troops in Afghanistan.  Melania took a military flight to Mar-A-Lago.  Did Barron accompany her?

Sophomore Guide
18.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  bbl-1 @18    5 years ago

The bad news just does writes itself these days from the oval office eh ? 

"President's wife's weekend vacations plans trump senators dignitary trip, News at11"

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
18.1.1  bbl-1  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @18.1    5 years ago

Yep.  Everything is covered with a used adult diaper.

So The Speaker of The House will be unable to meet UN leaders face to face to discuss...…………...Americas commitments?   Or our military commanders in Afghanistan to get a first hand account of the current situation, future prospects and needs of the military?  Gee Trump, you should have went along too.  Also a good move Trump, for letting our enemies know The Speaker of The House would be in the area.  Very classy.  Very patriotic.

None the less...……...did Barron also go to Mar-A-Lago?  And who else made the trip?

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
18.1.4  bbl-1  replied to    5 years ago

Barron is 13.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
18.1.5  bbl-1  replied to    5 years ago

Sure.  Then what was the reason/explanation of the republican delegation's visit to Moscow, Russian Federation on July 4, 2018.  Why was that?

lib50
Professor Silent
18.2  lib50  replied to  bbl-1 @18    5 years ago

I do believe she was alone. 

So much for the republican celebrating.  We can always count on Trump to eff up his limited 'success'. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
19  bugsy    5 years ago

What this little stunt of attempting to leave the country during the shutdown shows is that Pelosi had no intention of negotiating a budget and purposely intended to allow these 800,000 workers not get paid. It was supposed to be a week long junta, so when she returned mid to late next week, she would probably attempt to have the same, or a different government jet take her to Cali for the weekend, not coming back until the following week.

Trump played his hand well. Now, if Pelosi tries anything else like this or her attempt to postpone the SOTU over "security concerns", the American people will certainly turn on her and make Democrats pay in 2020.

Dragon
Freshman Silent
20  Dragon    5 years ago

Trump flew to Iraq during shutdown, a Republican led delegation flew during shutdown, and right after Trump denies Pelosi, Melania flies to Florida for a weekend. As usual Trump's hypocrisy and childish behavior is glaringly obvious. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
21  JohnRussell    5 years ago

There are enough ignorant comments on this seed to sink an iceberg.

Nancy Pelosi recently became third in line to the presidency. She is actually a big deal, whether our baby president* and his legion of minions realize it or not.

Virtually every member of Congress, Democrat or Republican, or independent, makes congressional delegation trips to foreign countries. It is a completely routine activity that goes back a hundred years, at least.  AND, although Pelosi was to stop in Belgium to meet with EU officials, which might not be an unpleasant location to spend a day, Afghanistan is hardly a vacation spot.

Of course Trump wouldn't know because he's never frigging been there.

cms5
Freshman Quiet
21.1  cms5  replied to  JohnRussell @21    5 years ago

Pelosi decided to flex her muscles. Unfortunately for her, Trump flexed his.

Pelosi and everyone in Congress needs to shut up and do their jobs. Legislation needs to be passed stating that when there is a government shutdown...Congress stays until they RESOLVE the issues. It isn't that difficult.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
21.2  Sunshine  replied to  JohnRussell @21    5 years ago
Virtually every member of Congress, Democrat or Republican, or independent, makes congressional delegation trips to foreign countries.

No kidding, it is postponed not forbidden.

cms5
Freshman Quiet
21.2.1  cms5  replied to  Sunshine @21.2    5 years ago

Not even postponed...she could have taken a commercial flight!

katrix
Sophomore Participates
21.2.2  katrix  replied to  cms5 @21.2.1    5 years ago

The person who is third in line for the Presidency is not supposed to fly commercial for security reasons.  So for all intents, it was postponed. 

And since Trump blew it by announcing the trip to the world - again, totally against security protocol - even if flying commercial was an option, the trip would have to be postponed.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
21.2.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Sunshine @21.2    5 years ago
No kidding, it is postponed not forbidden.

The first three comments on this seed, and many others here, are whining about why she needs to go over there.

She is the single most important person , now, in the Congress concerning future funding for our presence in Afghanistan. That's why.

Just because a moron like Trump tries to imply she wants to go joy riding is no reason for Newstalkers to ape him.

cms5
Freshman Quiet
21.2.4  cms5  replied to  katrix @21.2.2    5 years ago

Well then, Pelosi can seat her 'third in line' ass at the negotiation table and get to work!

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
21.2.5  Sunshine  replied to  JohnRussell @21.2.3    5 years ago
The first three comments on this seed, and many others here, are whining about why she needs to go over there.

I agree with those comments...why does Congress even need to go on these expensive trips?  Either party could cut way back on travel expenses.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
21.2.6  Tessylo  replied to  cms5 @21.2.4    5 years ago

The 'president' needs to get back to work, snort, guffaw, dear and end the shutdown

katrix
Sophomore Participates
21.2.7  katrix  replied to  cms5 @21.2.4    5 years ago

It was Trump who walked out of the last meeting.  Kind of hard to negotiate with someone like that.  Pelosi has been submitting bills to fund the various agencies which have nothing to do with border security, such as Treasury (bills the GOP already approved before this whole fiasco), and McConnell won't even allow the Senate to vote on them.  He said he won't submit anything Trump won't sign.  But Trump is so mercurial that there is no way McConnell can ever be sure what he will sign.  He had agreed to sign a bill before the government closed, but as soon as Ann Coulter called him a mean name, he changed his mind.  He is guided only by his ego.  McConnell is the one who needs to get off his ass and do his job, and stop being Trump's toadie.  Congress is Trump's equal, and they need to stop letting him walk all over them.

PJ
Masters Quiet
21.2.8  PJ  replied to  katrix @21.2.7    5 years ago

Agree with so much of your comment.

The real problem here is not Pelosi or Trump at this point.  It's actually Mitch McConnell.  He has a responsibility to bring the bills that Congress has passed to a vote.  The vote will dictate next steps.  If it fails it goes back to Congress for them to fix.  If it passes it goes to the president to sign or veto.  

McConnell is the problem.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
21.2.9  Colour Me Free  replied to  cms5 @21.2.1    5 years ago

Looks like that was the 'plan' but the president ruined everything...

A day after President Trump canceled military flights for a planned congressional trip to Afghanistan, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi abandoned her plans to travel instead on commercial flights due to security concerns.

Drew Hammill, a spokesman for Pelosi (D-Calif.), blamed the Trump administration in a written statement for disclosing news of the trip, which included several other House Democrats, and thus increasing the danger to lawmakers.

“After President Trump revoked the use of military aircraft to travel to Afghanistan, the delegation was prepared to fly commercially to proceed with this vital trip to meet with our commanders and troops on the front lines,” Hammill said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/security-concerns-created-by-trump’s-disclosure-will-delay-afghanistan-trip-pelosi-says/ar-BBSq59X?ocid=spartanntp

Apparently since the shutdown is seen as the presidents doing congress does not need to try to work out an agreement …?  I sincerely question if plans to fly commercial were actually considered .. seems to be a bit risky to do so whether the trip had been compromised or not... 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
21.2.10  KDMichigan  replied to  Tessylo @21.2.6    5 years ago
The 'president' needs to get back to work, snort, guffaw, dear and end the shutdown

President Trump is in Washington, dear. That hag Nancy needs to submit  spending bills till she gets it right. Until then she can stick to flying her broom.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
21.2.11  sandy-2021492  replied to  cms5 @21.2.4    5 years ago

Was there a pressing national concern that took Melania to Florida on the taxpayer dime this weekend?

bugsy
Professor Participates
21.3  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @21    5 years ago
The person who is third in line for the Presidency is not supposed to fly commercial for security reasons.

During these times when Americans are not being paid, there should be NO travel by anyone in government, especially on "fact finding" trips that actually FIND nothing but more empty taxpayer coffers.

As I said above, if Nancy went on this trip, it would be guaranteed that theses workers would not be paid until AT LEAST the week after next. Would you be OK with that? Seems she is.

She needs to stay here and do her job.

PJ
Masters Quiet
21.3.1  PJ  replied to  bugsy @21.3    5 years ago

How about the first lady using funds to fly to one of her properties.  Using secret service agents that are not getting paid to put their lives at risk for someone who wanted to get away for a break.

What are your feelings about that?

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
21.3.2  livefreeordie  replied to  PJ @21.3.1    5 years ago

ALl First Ladies receive required Secret Service protection. Did you complain about Mrs Obama getting that protection

Junior Participates
21.3.3  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  livefreeordie @21.3.2    5 years ago
Did you complain about Mrs Obama getting that protection

Please cite one example of Mrs. Obama using government transportation to go conduct private business. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
21.3.4  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @21.3    5 years ago
During these times when Americans are not being paid, there should be NO travel by anyone in government

Melania Trump has flown to Florida on a military plane last night. The First Lady is an official governmental position.

Maybe you would like to restate your comment to align it with reality.

PJ
Masters Quiet
21.3.5  PJ  replied to  livefreeordie @21.3.2    5 years ago

Please provide evidence that supports your claim that during an extended government shut down any of the obamas used government resources for personal use.

After you provide concrete factual evidence I will respond. 

Good luck

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
21.3.6  1stwarrior  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @21.3.3    5 years ago

Barack and Michelle Obama have traveled more than any other first couple -- doing Spain, Africa, China, South America, among other distant spots. Often they're accompanied by friends and Michelle Obama's Mom, Marian Robinson, who's been living in the White House at taxpayer expense since her son-in-law's inauguration. And in some cases, Mrs. Robinson's friends tag along.

By one accounting, as of last July the Obamas had spent more than $44.4 million in taxpayer money on travel for 31 international trips lasting 119 days. For comparison, at the same point in his presidency Ronald Reagan had made 14 trips lasting 73 days.

You may recall Michele Obama's controversial trip with friends to Spain's luxury Costa del Sol in 2010 at a time when the U.S. unemployment rate was 9.5% on the way to 9.8%. 

According to numbers gathered by Judicial Watch, the public interest group that investigates government corruption, that trip cost Americans at least $468,000.

Turns out, by Obama administration standards that was a bargain tour.

Mrs. Obama's latest foreign junket was to Japan and Cambodia, allegedly to promote an Agency for International Development program to encourage education for girls.

On a one-day, side-trip to visit two shrines in Kyoto, including one honoring a god of rice, Michelle Obama's party incurred almost $79,000 in expenses just for rental cars, Judicial Watch reports. That's a lot of tuition for girls! Or boys.

When the Obamas visited Northern Ireland in 2013, Michelle Obama took her daughters on  a two-day, side-trip to Dublin . That side-trip alone cost U.S. taxpayers a quarter-million dollars, including a $3,300-a-night hotel suite of the sort Mrs. Obama prefers. The Obamas' Ireland trip set us back just under $8 million.

Dublin rental cars alone for the first lady cost $114,000.

In 2014 when Mrs. Obama, her mother and daughters toured China, she stayed in Beijing's Westin Hotel in a suite costing you $8,400 per night. Previously, that price was deemed too expensive for Vice President Joe Biden to use.

However, JB does OK. On a European jaunt two years ago  Biden and his unusually large entourage had a hotel bill  in London of $460,000 for one night.

The next night in Paris, the vice presidential party -- and we do mean party -- ran up one-night hotel charges of $585,000.50. Now, that's a lot of mini-bar items and in-room movies.

Oh, and both those government hotel contracts were done on a no-bid basis, eliminating messy competition and cost-cutting. 

Next question.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
21.3.7  Colour Me Free  replied to  1stwarrior @21.3.6    5 years ago

February 2016 Michelle and daughter spend a weekend in Aspen …  was in the 60k range for transportation cost

June 2016 the First Lady and daughters take a trip to Morocco Spain and someplace else (I do not recall) was in the 400k range for transportation alone..

I do not know why anyone wants to argue this crap … the President, First Lady and their children have to fly on specific transportation, when Michelle and daughters went to London, they had to fly on a government plane, it just is what it is..

A seated president and family may pay their own personal expenses while on a family trip - but not for the transportation used to get there.

cms5
Freshman Quiet
21.3.8  cms5  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @21.3.3    5 years ago

Such short memories:

First lady Michelle Obama's family trip to South Africa and Botswana in June cost taxpayers well over $424,000, according to new accounting based on Air Force manifests obtained by Judicial Watch, a taxpayer watchdog group.
The use of Air Force aircraft alone for the June 21-27 trip cost $424,142, said the group, and that doesn't include the food, lodging, and ground transportation for the 21 family and staff members.

bugsy
Professor Participates
21.3.9  bugsy  replied to  PJ @21.3.1    5 years ago

2 things.

1. I said anyone in government should not leave. Malania is not in government.

2. It is a REQUIREMENT for the first lady to fly with SS, but at the same time, she could have stayed in DC with her husband until the shutdown was over.

Is that good?

lib50
Professor Silent
21.3.10  lib50  replied to  bugsy @21.3.9    5 years ago

I agree with you.  I don't think ANY member of congress, the senate, the pres or the vp should be paid, be allowed to leave, and lose their benefits every time the gov't is shutdown.  No FLOTUS flights, nothing.   Shut it all down until they do their damn jobs.  3 damn shutdowns in 2018 alone!  And that was with full gop control!  They all need to suffer until its done.

cms5
Freshman Quiet
21.3.12  cms5  replied to  lib50 @21.3.10    5 years ago

The Pres has already waived his salary...but I agree. (holding breath!) Nobody leaves...time to do their jobs instead of posturing.

Maybe they'd all do a better job if they were moved to the border so that they can see first hand how barriers work...and where barriers are needed. Seriously...border security is a win for all of us in this Nation.

PJ
Masters Quiet
21.3.13  PJ  replied to  bugsy @21.3.9    5 years ago

Yes, that's good.  Thank you  jrSmiley_68_smiley_image.png

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
21.3.14  Trout Giggles  replied to  cms5 @21.3.8    5 years ago

Did the Obamas go places during government shut downs?

Junior Participates
21.3.15  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to    5 years ago
He said "protection", you said "transportation", you Pelosian believer, you.

The protection is automatic with the transportation, so no cigar for you.  "Squiggy?"  That names seems familiar to me.  You didn't happen to go to a lot of highschool parties and drink a lot of beer with a guy that called himself Bart who went to Georgetown prep and was (and still is) a real prick, did you?

PJ
Masters Quiet
21.3.16  PJ  replied to  1stwarrior @21.3.6    5 years ago

The travel you posted would be a fair argument if we were discussing travel associated with the duties of the President and First Lady.  

When did the Obama's use government resources for personal travel during an extended government shut down?

Junior Participates
21.3.17  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  bugsy @21.3.9    5 years ago
Is that good?

Amazingly, yes. 

Junior Participates
21.3.18  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  PJ @21.3.16    5 years ago
if we were discussing travel associated with the duties of the President and First Lady.  

You sure don't make it easy for them but I think that might get through the cement.  

PJ
Masters Quiet
21.3.19  PJ  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @21.3.18    5 years ago

There are times when it's legitimate to compare previous administrations to the current administration.  This is not one of them.

I do not hold out hope that those on the opposite side will see the difference but I was happy bugsy and I could find common ground.  I've always gotten along with him even if we vehemently disagree on issues.

Junior Participates
23  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו    5 years ago

In taking this 3 year old's  action, all Scumbag really did was just reveal classified travel plans of not just Pelosi but a congressional delegation that included republicans as well.  Scumbag supporters seem not to care how much danger he puts this country or its citizens in. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
23.1  bugsy  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @23    5 years ago

You really think Pelosi was going to take commercial aircraft to AFGHANISTAN????? She won't even take commercial to California.

I guess you believe it because she said so.

Junior Participates
23.1.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  bugsy @23.1    5 years ago
She won't even take commercial to California.

Cite source for that. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
23.1.2  Split Personality  replied to  bugsy @23.1    5 years ago

Well, the information came from the White House, so there's that...

Junior Participates
23.1.3  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Split Personality @23.1.2    5 years ago
Well, the information came from the White House, so there's that...

Well, no wonder bugsy was suspicious then. 

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
23.1.4  Cerenkov  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @23.1.1    5 years ago

Feigned ignorance is not becoming. The speaker flies a government jet since 2001.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
24  It Is ME    5 years ago

Shut Down ........ JUST BEFORE she was going to take off !

Luv it, Luv It, LUV IT !

To be a "Fly" on Pelosi's wall would have been "PRICELESS" when she got that news ! LMAO !

Junior Participates
24.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  It Is ME @24    5 years ago
Luv it, Luv It, LUV IT !

I'll bet you "luv" that he leaked secret information as well.  He's a f**king traitor.  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
24.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @24.1    5 years ago
I'll bet you "luv" that he leaked secret information as well. 

aaaahhhhh ! The "Conjecture" argument.

You "toe-the-party line" well ! (rolling eyes Face)

The "Media" told you so right ?

Junior Participates
24.1.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  It Is ME @24.1.1    5 years ago
The "Media" told you so right ?

Funny from someone who obviously feeds constantly at the rightwing pukefunnel of lies. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
24.1.3  It Is ME  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @24.1.2    5 years ago
Funny from someone who obviously feeds constantly at the rightwing pukefunnel of lies.

It's just like you really DON'T know me ! :-(

"Did the "Media" tell you to say that ? :-)

Junior Participates
24.1.4  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  It Is ME @24.1.3    5 years ago
It's just like you really DON'T know me

It's always hilarious when rightwingers think they're indecipherable.  It's apparently a conceit they must present to the world despite how transparently false it is.  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
24.1.5  It Is ME  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @24.1.4    5 years ago

"Psychological projection"

"a defense mechanism in which the human ego defends itself"

Junior Participates
24.1.6  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  It Is ME @24.1.1    5 years ago
aaaahhhhh ! The "Conjecture" argument.

Not very "conjecture" in this:

Dear Madame Speaker:

Due to the Shutdown, I am sorry to inform you that your trip to Brussels, Egypt, and Afghanistan has been postponed. We will reschedule this seven-day excursion when the Shutdown is over. In light of the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay, I am sure you would agree that postponing this public relations event is totally appropriate. I also feel that, during this period, it would be better if you were in Washington negotiating with me and joining the Strong Border Security movement to end the Shutdown. Obviously, if you would like to make your journey by flying commercial, that would certainly be your prerogative.

I look forward to seeing you soon and even more forward to watching our open and dangerous Southern Border finally receive the attention, funding, and security it so desperately deserves!

Sincerely,

[Scumbag]

As she was actually in the process of doing just that, the revelation that might even be doing so compromised the security of the whole trip.  My guess is that if any Dem telegraphed the travel plans of Scumbag* to the whole world you'd probably be less than pleased.  

*Although he's already demonstrated how careless and ignorant about security when he ordered the lights turned on in AF-1 on his trip to Afghanistan last year.  If it were just him in the plane it wouldn't be any big deal but he put the whole staff and crew in danger with that dick-stupid move. 

Junior Participates
24.1.7  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  It Is ME @24.1.5    5 years ago

I applaud your efforts in self-understanding, ME

It Is ME
Masters Guide
24.1.8  It Is ME  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @24.1.7    5 years ago
I applaud your efforts in self-understanding, ME

So Cute !

It Is ME
Masters Guide
24.1.9  It Is ME  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @24.1.6    5 years ago

I think the "Fan Fair' of the Bus leaving, as shown by the "Media", kinda gave it away. (Facepalm Face)

Junior Participates
24.1.10  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  It Is ME @24.1.9    5 years ago

It's fanfare, one word, not a proper noun, and nothing to do with a "fair."  But, tell me how you think the "Media" found out about it all in the first place?  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
24.1.11  It Is ME  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @24.1.10    5 years ago

Oh...it's fan "FAIR" alright.

One good turn deserves another !

Junior Participates
24.1.12  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  It Is ME @24.1.11    5 years ago
One good turn deserves another !

We note you're jrSmiley_76_smiley_image.gif

It Is ME
Masters Guide
24.1.13  It Is ME  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @24.1.12    5 years ago

"YOU".....is now "WE" ?

Do you have a "Split Personality" too ?

cms5
Freshman Quiet
24.2  cms5  replied to  It Is ME @24    5 years ago

I kinda thought the 'Perp walk' off the bus was priceless!

It Is ME
Masters Guide
24.2.1  It Is ME  replied to  cms5 @24.2    5 years ago

LMAO !

I forgot about that one.

They were all looking around like they didn't know what to do, and were looking for someone "ELSE" to lead them in the direction they should go.

Junior Participates
24.2.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  cms5 @24.2    5 years ago

Then you're really going to love it when Scumbag gets that walk.  

lib50
Professor Silent
24.2.3  lib50  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @24.2.2    5 years ago

I know I am.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
24.2.4  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  cms5 @24.2    5 years ago

What "perp walk"? It was more like parents being pulled off a plane because their child called in a false bomb threat to keep them from leaving him with a strict baby sitter. The parents just have to shake their heads and wonder what they have to do to get the petulant brat to behave, "maybe military school?" they think, but no, he'll just claim the vanishing bone spurs have returned.

Junior Participates
25  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו    5 years ago

Awww, seems like Scumbag's little tantrums just keep blowing up in his dumb-shit face:

Forget the partisan results in this poll and focus on the 30 point deficit among "independents."  That's a political death knell. 

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
25.1  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @25    5 years ago
  • being responsible for the shutdown is not a bad thing.   
  • being responsible for open borders is a bad thing.
 30 point deficit among "independents." 

30% of independents did not vote for trump in the first place... LOL

a smaller, more efficient govt is never a bad thing.

hint: those who "resisted" are now gone and not coming back.

Junior Participates
25.1.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @25.1    5 years ago
 30% of independents did not vote for trump in the first place... LOL

You're right.  It was 48% and they probably made the difference:

source:  

You're move. 

cms5
Freshman Quiet
25.2  cms5  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @25    5 years ago

Where's the rest of the poll data? How many were polled by WAPO?

Junior Participates
25.2.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  cms5 @25.2    5 years ago

1505  and here are a bunch of polls collected by Fivethirtyeight.com which show just as bad, and steadily worsening, numbers for Scumbag.  Even the Republican in-houe pollster, Rasmussen, couldn't fake it:512

Please go to 
to see all of the polls (although the WaPo/ABC poll above hasn't been added yet) since Scumbag shut down the gov.  It's impressive agreement by many different polls with aggregate samples in the 10's of thousands.  

bugsy
Professor Participates
25.3  bugsy  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @25    5 years ago

This poll is smoke and mirrors. They combine numbers from Trump and Republicans and put them as one, where the democrats remain as single.

For instance...the all column..Trump could represent 25 of the 53 percent and republicans can represent the remaining 28 percent. With that, poll takers believe the democrats are responsible with 29 percent.

Junior Participates
25.3.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  bugsy @25.3    5 years ago
This poll is smoke and mirrors.

Yeah....everyone who gets a bad one says that.  The above is just one of many showing very similar results.  Scumbag is goin' down.  

Junior Participates
25.3.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  bugsy @25.3    5 years ago
For instance...the all column..Trump could represent 25 of the 53 percent and republicans can represent the remaining 28 percent. With that, poll takers believe the democrats are responsible with 29 percent.

Making up fake ways to read the poll aren't going to make it go away. 

evilone
Professor Guide
25.3.3  evilone  replied to  bugsy @25.3    5 years ago

It doesn't even look good from the known conservatively biased Rasmussen Reports.

Junior Participates
25.3.4  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @25.3.1    5 years ago
Yeah....everyone who gets a bad one says that. 

It's the same thing when someone's team loses and the whiners start blaming the refs.  It's to go-tp weenie move for sore-losers. 

Junior Participates
25.3.5  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  evilone @25.3.3    5 years ago

When Rasmussen can't even fudge the numbers for Scumbag you know it's bad.

bugsy
Professor Participates
25.3.6  bugsy  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @25.3.2    5 years ago

No, my reply stands. The poll is smoke and mirrors.

bugsy
Professor Participates
25.3.7  bugsy  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @25.3.1    5 years ago
Scumbag is goin' down.  

Who is scumbag, and how are they going down?

Show you "reasoning" and "cough cough proof cough"

Junior Participates
25.3.8  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  bugsy @25.3.6    5 years ago
No, my reply stands. The poll is smoke and mirrors.

Awwwwwww jrSmiley_52_smiley_image.gif

Junior Participates
25.3.9  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  bugsy @25.3.7    5 years ago
Who is scumbag, and how are they going down? Show you "reasoning" and "cough cough proof cough"

Might I suggest that you come up for air:

bugsy
Professor Participates
25.3.10  bugsy  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @25.3.9    5 years ago

Look, I get it. You understand you lose even before you start typing. Maybe you can answer my original question...or maybe you can't...who cares?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
25.4  Ronin2  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @25    5 years ago

Damn, another poll? Why does anyone trust polls after Trump beat Hillary. Polls can be made to say anything the pollster wants. Over sample in heavily Democrat areas and you can easily skew the poll to the far left.

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
25.4.1  lennylynx  replied to  Ronin2 @25.4    5 years ago

The polls had Hillary winning the total vote by about two percent.  In the Trump/Hillary contest the polls were bang on.  Let me repeat that as it seems to never sink through some people's thick skulls.  In the Trump/Hillary contest THE POLLS WERE BANG ON!!  This is not in dispute.  The polls do not even attempt to predict the electoral college victor, all they predict is the popular vote.  The polls had Hillary winning the vote by a small percentage AND SHE DID!!  Once more because I don't think you quite have it yet.  THE POLLS WERE BANG FUCKING ON!!!

Have you got it now?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
25.4.2  Ronin2  replied to  lennylynx @25.4.1    5 years ago
In the Trump/Hillary contest THE POLLS WERE BANG ON!!  This is not in dispute. The polls do not even attempt to predict the electoral college victor, all they predict is the popular vote.  The polls had Hillary winning the vote by a small percentage AND SHE DID!!  Once more because I don't think you quite have it yet.  THE POLLS WERE BANG FUCKING ON!!!

Bullshit. 

After a brutal week for Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump, Democrat Hillary Clinton maintained a substantial projected advantage in the race to win the Electoral College and claim the U.S. presidency, according to the latest results from the Reuters/Ipsos States of the Nation project released on Saturday.

If the election were held this week, the project estimates that Clinton's odds of securing the 270 Electoral College votes needed to win the presidency at more than 95 percent, and by a margin of 118 Electoral College votes. It is the second week in a row that the project has estimated her odds so high.

The results mirror other Electoral College projections, some of which estimate Clinton's chance of winning at around 90 percent.

For the Trump campaign there are a handful of states the Republican candidate must win if he is to cobble together enough states to win the White House. Among them is Florida, but numerous recent visits to the Sunshine State by Trump and his vice-presidential running mate Mike Pence did little to dent Clinton’s advantage in the contest for the state’s 29 Electoral College votes. She leads by 6 percentage points, about the same lead she enjoyed last week.

Still, the race tightened in Ohio, another important state for Trump. Both Ohio and Nevada were leaning toward Clinton last week but are now toss-ups.

However, Clinton’s support grew in North Carolina and Colorado, both of which moved from toss-ups to leaning Clinton.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2016/10/11/the-prospects-for-a-clinton-landslide/?utm_term=.72a31fc6db47

Last month,  we suggested that “if [Hillary] Clinton keeps [Donald] Trump under 200 electoral votes and/or winds up with a popular vote percentage in the high 40s, it will be fair to call this if not a landslide, then a slam-dunk win.” At the time she was leading, but within the margin of error in most polls.

Until the first debate, a Clinton win in a close race seemed the most likely outcome. After the first debate, it looked like we were heading for a 2012-style win. (President Obama won by four points.) After the disastrous week following the first debate, many anticipated a 2008-type win. (Obama won by seven points.) Now many will ask: Is this 1980 (a victory by nearly nine points)?

In two national polls, Clinton has moved to a double-digit lead . In the RealClearPolitics average, her percentage is up to about 48 percent in a two-person race; in the Pollster.com average, she breaks 49 percent . According to the RCP electoral map with no toss-ups, she has 340 electoral votes to Trump’s 198. Yup, right now this looks more like Ronald Reagan’s 1980 romp than either of Obama’s wins.

With hours to go before Americans vote, Democrat Hillary Clinton has about a 90 percent chance of defeating Republican Donald Trump in the race for the White House, according to the final Reuters/Ipsos States of the Nation project.

Her chances are roughly similar to last week’s odds, and any upset by Trump on Tuesday depends on an unlikely combination of turnouts of white, black and Hispanic voters in six or seven states, according to the survey released on Monday.

The former secretary of state was leading Trump by about 45 percent to 42 percent in the popular vote, and was on track to win 303 votes in the Electoral College to Trump’s 235, clearing the 270 needed for victory, the survey found.

1 quick internet search to prove you 100% wrong. Or maybe you would like to see the melt down on CNN again, or the Hillary Clinton campaign "celebration", or the countless other left wing melt downs that occurred by those that believed those bullshit polls.

Next time do a little research before you post what can be easily proven wrong.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
25.4.3  Ronin2  replied to  Ronin2 @25.4.2    5 years ago

And just to beat an already dead horse. The pollsters themselves on why they were so very wrong.

Junior Participates
25.4.4  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Ronin2 @25.4.2    5 years ago

So, your first link was a month before the election and before Comey dropped the bomb on Clinton with reopening that bogus email case and your next one had to do with the PV which had it exactly right.  And you completely "forgot" to cite the several cautionary notes in the Reuters article written the day before the election and which was prescient:

Trump’s chances rest with his performance in Florida, Michigan, North Carolina and Ohio, which were too close to call on Sunday, when polling ended, and Pennsylvania, where Clinton enjoyed a slim lead of three percentage points. For Trump to win, he will have to take most of those states.

IOW, as we got closer to the election there were plenty of signs that Clinton's chances were getting shakier.  Still the prediction of her PV win was right on the mark. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
25.4.5  Ronin2  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @25.4.4    5 years ago

i provided three links. Or did you miss that started "Just hours before Americans vote".  The one that gave Hillary a "90% chance of winning". 90% chance is not within the margins for error. I posted links- I can provide several more- of the pollsters themselves trying to figure out how they could have blown it so badly. 

Polls are bullshit. The questions can be slanted, the sampling can be skewed to target the desired demographic for the outcome, those sampled can flat out lie, and then the results can be adjusted by the polling company.  I proved his statement was flat out wrong. They conduct polls at the national, state, and local levels. They were predicting not just votes at a national level- but how many electoral college votes each would get.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
25.4.6  Texan1211  replied to  Ronin2 @25.4.5    5 years ago
Polls are bullshit

But the left seems to cling desperately to them. Probably makes them feel better about Clinton's stunning loss.

The fact that they STILL like to parrot the line that "The polls were accurate" when the pollsters THEMSELVES were asking "How did we get it so wrong" should have been a clue, but the bubble they seem to inhabit doesn't allow them to see facts.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
25.4.7  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @25.4.4    5 years ago
month before the election and before Comey dropped the bomb on Clinton with reopening that bogus email case

And before Comey exonerated her publicly.

Do you honestly think significant numbers of people had NOT already made their minds up who to vote for?

That is laughable.

Junior Participates
25.4.8  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Ronin2 @25.4.5    5 years ago
Polls are bullshit.

Polls predicting the Dem wave last November would have been a bullseye for the fact that they underestimated the size of the sweep.  

Junior Participates
25.4.9  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @25.4.7    5 years ago
And before Comey exonerated her publicly.

And how long before the election was that?  Two days?  Three days?   In fact, polls very clearly recorded the effects of Comey's first announcement and damn right I think it had an effect on people who were leaning to Clinton and then just decided not to bother voting after hearing that.  The same Comey that you people whine about for being partisan against your Scumbag is probably one of the big reasons he got in--along with Putin's help, of course.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
25.4.10  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @25.4.9    5 years ago
And how long before the election was that? Two days? Three days? In fact, polls very clearly recorded the effects of Comey's first announcement and damn right I think it had an effect on people who were leaning to Clinton and then just decided not to bother voting after hearing that. The same Comey that you people whine about for being partisan against your Scumbag is probably one of the big reasons he got in--along with Putin's help, of course.

Oh, gee, what is THAT?
Excuse #317 of "Why Abuela Lost"????

it is rather stupid to think that Comey had such an effect on the election when he freaking EXONERATED your darling.

But you keep thinking that way, because that proves you learned nothing.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
25.4.11  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @25.4.8    5 years ago
Polls predicting the Dem wave last November would have been a bullseye for the fact that they underestimated the size of the sweep.

Sweep??

You DO realize that the Dems did NOT take the Senate?

And for the record, the GOP lost fewer House seats than Democrats did under Obama's first midterm election, where Dems lost some 63seats.

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
25.4.12  tomwcraig  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @25.4.9    5 years ago

As I keep saying, Comey should have been fired just for how he handled the Clinton email investigation.  Instead, Trump haters kept screaming Trump was violating the law and Constitution for firing Comey, when, in fact, Comey could have been fired at any time for any reason by either Obama or Trump.  Everyone should have supported the Comey firing because of how screwed up the handling of a VERY public investigation became.

Junior Participates
26  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו    5 years ago

I sure hope Scumbag keeps letting Ann Coulter push him around.  I'd like to see him drop another 10 points and read his worshipers try to wish that away. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
27  Jeremy Retired in NC    5 years ago

I LOVE it.  In a nut shell President Trump to Democrats - YOU AREN'T RUNNING A DAMN THING.  

Now they just have to get back to the capital and fix the problem they caused.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
27.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @27    5 years ago
Now they just have to get back to the capital and fix the problem they caused.

As I said, they did their job. Just because the dip shit in chief demands his wall and "tells" them to do it doesn't mean shit. If the worthless Republicans can't govern, refuse to negotiate and demand their pork barrel useless fucking wall, then they will rot till we have no Republicans left in any elected position. They own this shut down. And nothing in the "secure border act" changes that. Kick the useless pieces of trash to the curb, they refuse to even vote on the bill that's been passed by the house as is their job. "I will be the one to shut it down. I’m not going to blame you for it." DJT - the lying piece of filth pretending to be President.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
27.1.1  livefreeordie  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @27.1    5 years ago

Let the shutdown continue, works for me

Anything that leads to tearing down the massive state apparatus in Washington is a move in the right direction 

Trump should use this as an opportunity to further downsize improper and or unnecessary federal bureaucracy 

privatize TSA and Air Traffic Control

reduce the size of FBI and DOJ by at least 50%

Downsize IRS

Get rid of Depts of Agriculture, Education, Energy, FDA and more

this is a great opportunity to return to only the Enumerated Powers of the Federal Government 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
27.1.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  livefreeordie @27.1.1    5 years ago
works for me

Good to know you're still looking out for numero uno. But it doesn't work for the 800,000 effected workers or their families and kids, it doesn't work for our military families, it doesn't work for our parks, our airports and the entire infrastructure we have built over the last 90 years since the great depression. I get it, you hate progress, you hate people working together, pooling funds to create something that benefits everyone but requires everyone to pitch in a little. You hated the new deal that lifted up so many and created a safety net for our poor and elderly. I get it, there are those who are so self absorbed, selfish and self centered that they froth at the mouth at the idea of having to pitch in for anything, maybe because they are such lazy worthless piece of shit workers they don't have much to pitch in, but they are few and far between. The majority of Americans like the benefits government workers provide.

I do agree on one point you made, privatizing the TSA. 

I do believe that most of what the TSA does is security theater and is completely useless and doesn't actually catch any threats. 95% of the test attempts to bring weapons on board got through, so they really aren't providing hardly any security for the expense of time and money they cost.

The inspections and how thorough they are should be up to each airline. If an airline wants to let passengers walk on with no check so they can save money and pass that savings on to the consumer, I'm all for it. Cheap flights with no security check or pay a little more for the airlines that have their own security checks. If I could save a hundred bucks and walk on with no security check, that's the airline I'm choosing for all my domestic travel.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
27.1.3  livefreeordie  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @27.1.2    5 years ago

Try reading

i called for privatizing TSA and Air Traffic controllers, in fact the entire FAA should be disbanded.

Trump didn’t shut down National Parks like Hussein Obama

get rid of FDA and Dept of Agriculture including federal food inspectors. That is up to state and local governments and food inspectors should be privatized 

i don’t hate progress. I simply believe in making government obey the Constitution and stick to the enumerated powers listed to them

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
27.1.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @27.1    5 years ago

If they did their job then funding would be there in accordance with the Secure Border Act.  Since the funding isn't there, THEY DIDN'T DO THEIR JOBS.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
27.1.5  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @27.1.4    5 years ago
then funding would be there in accordance with the Secure Border Act.  Since the funding isn't there, THEY DIDN'T DO THEIR JOBS.

How is it so easy for bullshit to roll off your fingers? The Secure Borders Act has exactly ZERO to do with the government funding bill. 

Here are the results of the Secure Fence Act of 2006, (there is no such thing as the "Secure Borders Act" no matter how many times you repeat the lie):

" A 2018 paper by Dartmouth College and Stanford University economists found that "at a construction cost of $7 per person, the fence led to a small reduction in migration but had negligible effects on the economy, with high-skilled US workers losing $4.60 per year in income, and low-skilled US workers gaining just $0.36 per year."

Every actual study says the wall is essentially pointless, it will cost far more than it will actually save us while also being nothing but an expensive metaphor to appease bigots and xenophobes who deserve America's benefits less than the immigrants seeking asylum do who truly understand what our founders were intending to create. Not some walled in feudal state with racist natives trying to block out other faiths and nationalities. We are a shining city on a hill welcoming in " your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”.

I think that ideal of America has been rejected by Trump and the white nationalists who support him, they see everything in an "us vs them" mentality, they view themselves as somehow apart from the world as if they live above everyone else on their little white Christian pillar of privilege and see immigrants as a threat to their survival instead of viewing them as the vital resource they are.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
27.1.6  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @27.1.5    5 years ago
The Secure Borders Act has exactly ZERO to do with the government funding bill. 

You should try doing something most people call "research".  I know it's not that common with the left and MSM but it really works.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
27.1.7  Thrawn 31  replied to  livefreeordie @27.1.3    5 years ago
i called for privatizing TSA and Air Traffic controllers, in fact the entire FAA should be disbanded.

Fucking terrible idea. I mean, what could possibly go wrong with a for profit industry regulating and policing itself? 

Trump didn’t shut down National Parks like Hussein Obama

Oh right, they are open just with no one to provide any services so they are being completely trashed. So much better!

get rid of FDA and Dept of Agriculture including federal food inspectors. That is up to state and local governments and food inspectors should be privatized 

Fuck that. Again, do you not see what could possibly go wrong with industries policing themselves?

I simply believe in making government obey the Constitution and stick to the enumerated powers listed to them

And since nothing you listed has ever been found to be unconstitutional, they are doing exactly that. 

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
28  The Magic 8 Ball    5 years ago

We will reschedule this seven-day excursion when the Shutdown is over.