╌>

Trump says he’ll make ‘major announcement’ Saturday about partial shutdown, border ‘crisis’

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  donald-trump-fan1  •  5 years ago  •  221 comments

Trump says he’ll make ‘major announcement’ Saturday about partial shutdown, border ‘crisis’
"A beautiful thing to see, especially when you hear the new rhetoric spewing from the mouths of the Democrats who talk Open Border, High Taxes and Crime. Stop Criminals & Drugs now!" Trump tweeted. The White House has been engrossed in a back-and-forth with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi this week after Trump on Thursday denied her the use of military aircraft for a foreign trip. Trump "postponed" the trip, citing the shutdown, just minutes before the congressional delegation was set to depart.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

President Trump on Friday tweeted that he’ll make “a major announcement” Saturday afternoon concerning the ongoing partial government shutdownand the “humanitarian crisis” on the southern border.

The announcement will occur at 3 p.m. at the White House, the president said.  

Funding for a barrier at the nation's southern border has been a point of contention between Republicans and Democrats during negotiations to end the partial shutdown, which began on Dec. 22. Trump has demanded almost $6 billion in funding for a wall or barrier, but Democrats have balked at that request.

The shutdown affects about one-quarter of the government, including nine Cabinet-level departments. It has also culminated in some 800,000 federal employees off the job or working without pay.

Earlier in the day, the president tweeted that the GOP was "so unified" and there would be "no 'cave' on the issue of Border and National Security."  

"A beautiful thing to see, especially when you hear the new rhetoric spewing from the mouths of the Democrats who talk Open Border, High Taxes and Crime. Stop Criminals & Drugs now!" Trump tweeted.

The White House has been engrossed in a back-and-forth with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi this week after Trump on Thursday denied her the use of military aircraft for a foreign trip. Trump "postponed" the trip, citing the shutdown, just minutes before the congressional delegation was set to depart.

“We will reschedule this seven-day excursion when the Shutdown is over. In light of the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay, I am sure you would agree that postponing this public relations event is totally appropriate,” Trump wrote. "I also feel that, during this period, it would be better if you were in Washington negotiating with me and joining the Strong Border Security movement to end the Shutdown."

While Trump pulled the plug on using military aircraft for the journey, he gave the Democratic leader the option of flying commercially.

"Obviously, if you would like to make your journey by flying commercial, that would certainly be your prerogative,” Trump wrote.

The move came after Pelosi requested Trump to delay the State of the Unionaddress amid the partial shutdown.

On Friday, the situation escalated when Pelosi's office accused the Trump administration of leaking plans for the congressional delegation to fly commercial to Afghanistan, saying the related security risks forced them to postpone the trip. However, the White House adamantly denied the leak allegation, calling it a "flat out lie."

Fox News' Alex Shaw, Brooke Singman, Chad Pergram, John Roberts and Kaitlyn Schallhorn contributed to this report.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1  seeder  XXJefferson51    5 years ago
kUuht00m_bigger.jpg

Never seen the Republican Party so unified. No “Cave” on the issue of Border and National Security. A beautiful thing to see, especially when you hear the new rhetoric spewing from the mouths of the Democrats who talk Open Border, High Taxes and Crime. Stop Criminals & Drugs now!

57.1K people are talking about this. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-says-hell-make-major-announcement-saturday-about-partial-shutdown-border-crisis

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
1.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    5 years ago

Who gives a shit? Twitter is for fucking retards. 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
1.1.1  arkpdx  replied to  Thrawn 31 @1.1    5 years ago

So how much time do you spend there.?

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2  Thrawn 31    5 years ago
What, he had his first period?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Thrawn 31 @2    5 years ago

No but Pelosi has been having her overdue final one the entire length of her shutdown.  

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
3  livefreeordie    5 years ago

I hope he announces the national emergency and just goes forward to get the border secured 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  livefreeordie @3    5 years ago

Except he will be challenged in court within minutes, the legal battle will last long beyond his presidency, and ultimately nothing will happen. But yeah, good times. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Thrawn 31 @3.1    5 years ago

That depends on the nature of the emergency he declares and whether they preemptively launch a friendly lawsuit against themselves in a district court that allows the project to continue while they argue about it in court.  I think that the announcement will really be about an RIF of the federal work force of furloughed workers due to the length of the shutdown, giving Pelosi and Schumer a couple of days to end the shutdown on his terms to keep that day from happening.  

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.2  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.1    5 years ago
That depends on the nature of the emergency he declares and whether they preemptively launch a friendly lawsuit against themselves in a district court that allows the project to continue while they argue about it in court.

Any 'emergency' Trump declares that includes 're-appropriating' funds WILL be challenged and any number of litigants can do so in multiple venues. So your 'friendly lawsuit against themselves' scenario is moot. 

I think that the announcement will really be about an RIF of the federal work force of furloughed workers due to the length of the shutdown, giving Pelosi and Schumer a couple of days to end the shutdown on his terms to keep that day from happening.

The irony of a RIF of the currently furloughed workers is that so many of them are employed doing the business of carrying out Trump's agenda. DHS, Interior, DOJ, Treasury and State. 

Oh and does your RIF include the MILLION + contractors who are furloughed? 

BTW, WHY should Pelosi and Schumer CARE if Trump doesn't? WHY should they or would they bail Trump out of another self created debacle? 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3.1.3  Thrawn 31  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.1    5 years ago
That depends on the nature of the emergency he declares and whether they preemptively launch a friendly lawsuit against themselves in a district court that allows the project to continue while they argue about it in court.

The notion of the "emergency" will be challenged immediately in court. And that will just be one lawsuit, that isn't even taking into account the numerous ED lawsuits that will take decades to get through. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.4  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Dulay @3.1.2    5 years ago

Contractors aren’t directly federal workers and would not be part of a RIF.  Nor would essential workers working without pay.  It would apply to those furloughed over the time mentioned and are deemed non essential.  The essential ones carrying out Trumps agenda would not be affected.  Career deep state employees would be most impacted by the move.  A move that will save tax payers hundreds of billions over time.  

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.5  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.4    5 years ago
It would apply to those furloughed over the time mentioned and are deemed non essential.  The essential ones carrying out Trumps agenda would not be affected.

You know that 90% of Treasury, Interior and Ag is furloughed right? 

Career deep state employees would be most impacted by the move.

Really? You know that Education and Energy aren't furloughed right? 

A move that will save tax payers hundreds of billions over time.  

So would eliminating nuclear weapons. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.1.6  bugsy  replied to  Thrawn 31 @3.1.3    5 years ago
The notion of the "emergency" will be challenged immediately in court.

Let me fix this for you...

The notion of "emergency" will be challenged immediately in a far left activist liberal court, such as in Hawaii, Seattle or the 9th circuit.

Hope that helps you.

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
3.2  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  livefreeordie @3    5 years ago

I hope he announces the national emergency

Me too,

I'd love to see trump over step his authority in public for a change instead of behind our backs.  

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
3.2.1  livefreeordie  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @3.2    5 years ago

It’s fully within his executive powers. It would move quickly to the Supreme Court 

Sophomore Guide
3.2.2  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  livefreeordie @3.2.1    5 years ago
It’s fully within his executive powers. It would move quickly to the Supreme Court 

It very well may be, But Is it justified, as you said it would quickly be questioned. 

Then trump would need to prove his reasoning. Personally, I dont know that he could.

The optics never seem to bother this man, but to many this would show his willingness to once again do whatever he wants to try to get his way. 

America is not set up to be ran, trumps way, for a reason. I might add. 

NO ONE man ever gets his own way all of the time here.  By design, it's called the constitution

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
3.2.3  livefreeordie  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @3.2.2    5 years ago

I don’t know a single Trump supporter who doesn’t support him doing whatever it takes to secure the border.    It’s an issue that has conservative citizens as angry as I’ve ever seen in 60 years of political activism 

Sophomore Guide
3.2.4  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  livefreeordie @3.2.3    5 years ago
I don’t know a single Trump supporter who doesn’t support him doing whatever it takes to secure the border.

I don’t know a single Trump supporter who doesn’t support him doing whatever.

Scary thought on any subject, problem or issue facing the nation.

IMO: NO ONE man should ever have that much free reign of power behind him, IF TRUE.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
3.2.5  livefreeordie  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @3.2.4    5 years ago

Because he’s finally doing what the phony Republicans promised for decades and never did. It’s as simple as that

why should we complain when we finally have a president doing what we’ve wanted

He doesn’t go nearly far enough for me but it’s still very positive compared to past presidents 

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
3.2.6  livefreeordie  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @3.2.4    5 years ago

Cutting taxes, appointing originality judges and justices, and rolling back regulations.  Those 3 accomplishments are enough on their own to make Trump one of our best modern presidents

Sophomore Guide
3.2.7  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  livefreeordie @3.2.6    5 years ago

One of the major problems I have with trump is is ways and means of acplishmnet. Even when he does accomplish stuff usually its not well thought out, extreme and has much room for flaws, problems, and undesired consequences.    

Everything takes time,  Time will actually be the deciding factor of each president's term, trump is no exception. You may like what trump has done so far, but IMO: We have not really seen the full results of any of it yet. 

I expected a nice upturn in our economy for this man based on his business background and his lack of wanted oversight, 

I also exspect to see undesired results from much of anything done haphazardly as I believe this mans usually seems to do things. 

I wish America Good luck often, And mean it. Unfortunately, I also deep down do not believe this is the man to make it happening long term. 

PS: Neither was the beast so.. there is that.

Sophomore Guide
3.2.8  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  livefreeordie @3.2.5    5 years ago
Because he’s finally doing what the phony Republicans promised for decades and never did. It’s as simple as that

I don’t know a single Trump supporter who doesn’t support him doing whatever it takes to secure the border.

I understand the reasoning, I dont agree with,"the solution."

I still feel NO ONE man should ever have that much free reign of power behind him.

"Absolute power absolutely corrupts"  .. or something like that.  

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.2.9  Split Personality  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @3.2.8    5 years ago

Trump just finished a MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT,

He basically reworded and repeated last weeks speech,

complete with the same factual inaccuracies about the cost of drug use in this country which NHS says is correct only

IF you acknowledge that it includes tobacco and alcohol use.

Not much tobacco or alcohol coming across the borders......

Sophomore Guide
3.2.10  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Split Personality @3.2.9    5 years ago

Thanks I knew he was to speak today but haven't had a tv on so I Missed it, I'll check it out. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.2.11  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @3.2.10    5 years ago

....WASHINGTON (January 19, 2019) — Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell says he plans Senate action this coming week on President Donald Trump's plan to end the partial government shutdown. 

In a Saturday afternoon announcement from the White House, Trump outlined a plan that would protect from deportation hundreds of thousands of young "Dreamer" immigrants in the U.S. illegally, in exchange for $5.7 billion to build 230 miles of border wall.

Trump is also offering to extend protections for immigrants who came to the U.S. as a result of war or natural disasters in their home countries.

McConnell calls Trump's proposal a "fair compromise" for ending the standoff. He says "Everyone has made their point — now it's time to make a law."...... https://onenewsnow.com/ap/politics/senate-will-vote-on-trump-plan-to-end-shutdown

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.2.12  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Split Personality @3.2.9    5 years ago

.....Seeking to cast the plan as a bipartisan way forward, Trump said he had support from “rank-and-file” Democrats, as top Democrats made clear they had not been consulted. He also said Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell would bring the legislation to a vote this week, though Democrats appeared likely to block it. McConnell had previously stated that no vote should be held in the Senate until Trump and Democrats agreed on a bill.

Trump listed a series of White House immigration funding demands, including $5.7 billion for the wall he argues is needed on humanitarian and security grounds. He said it would not be a concrete structure “from sea to shining sea,” but rather “steel barriers in high-priority locations.”

To ensure wall funding, Trump said he would extend protections for young people brought to the country illegally as children, known as “Dreamers,” as well as for those with temporary protected status after fleeing countries affected by natural disasters or violence.

Administration officials said the protections would apply only to those currently in the Obama-era program shielding them from deportation, and the temporary protected status would apply to those who currently have it and have been in the U.S. since 2011. That means people from El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras and Haiti — countries that saw the status revoked since Trump took office — would get a reprieve...... https://onenewsnow.com/ap/politics/trump-offers-a-dreamers-deal-for-border-money-proposal

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
3.2.13  arkpdx  replied to  Split Personality @3.2.9    5 years ago
IF you acknowledge that it includes tobacco and alcohol use. Not much tobacco or alcohol coming across the borders.

Well  then I guess that means we don't have to even try an stop the other illegal drugs from coming into the country and 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.2.14  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  arkpdx @3.2.13    5 years ago

And Trump asked for money to combat the flow of illegal drugs that come in through legitimate ports of entry as well in his speech despite what was said by who you are responding to.  

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3.2.15  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.2.14    5 years ago
And Trump asked for money to combat the flow of illegal drugs that come in through legitimate ports of entry as well in his speech

Yeah, after it was pointed out to Republicans that the drugs were not being moved across the open border but through ports of entry, thus the wall would do ZERO to stop the flow of illicit drugs into America. Before that they had been trying to use the flow of drugs as an excuse for spending billions on their stupid, pointless, boondoggle, measly 4 hr delay piece of shit wall.

Sophomore Guide
3.2.16  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.2.11    5 years ago

While its great that president trump does do some stuff for the lower class and has even some consideration for the daca people, it does seem when it comes to those classes of people his solutions are always temporary, but his tax break for the wealthiest and businesses are permanent. 

Not to be nit picky or anything, just sayin 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.2.18  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.2.15    5 years ago

So how long are you willing to keep 800k federal workers unpaid and perhaps half of them furloughed permanently in order to keep trump from fulfilling a campaign promise?  How many of those 300,000 whose time here is about up need to be deported in order to stop 250 additional miles of border barrier?  How long do dreamers have to dream of permanent protection?  How many democrat priorities over the next two years are you willing to put off completely in order to beat Trump.  Personally I am willing to lay em all off permanently in the first group, deport em all in the 2nd group, deny DACA people any security here at all, and hold up each and every single democrat priority forever until there is compromise on building additional border barriers.  Given a deal on additional border barriers, I’m quite flexible on giving ground on all of the above.  Without some additional border barrier  I’m quite willing to go scorched earth on all the other matters.  It is that simple.  

Sophomore Guide
3.2.19  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  dennis smith @3.2.17    5 years ago
So yes you are being nit picky

ya sure ?

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
3.2.20  nightwalker  replied to  livefreeordie @3.2.6    5 years ago

What kind of logic are you using, if any?

Cutting taxes, for the already wealthy and corporations? Who is that going to help, except the wealthy and corporations? It sure isn't a boon for the U.S. that's going to wonder why it has so little money coming in.

Besides, do you pay taxes as a missionary? Does your order pay taxes? aren't taxes sort of a earthly matter for you to worry about?

Originality, what a impressive way to say "new" which is fine because there is nothing original about packing the courts with ultra-conservative judges, they've been trying for years.

Don't like regulations, that seems odd, aren't most Religions just a list of laws, rules, rituals and regulations with a little guilt and fear thrown on them? You must agree with the SoS, who says that a country's economy and security must not be hampered by environmental concerns.

There's a new religion called trumpism, and trump is the ruler of the "originality" church and there shall be no other beings over him, and you shall not believe in any words or thoughts but the holy approved words or thoughts. 

You haven't seen any trumpites in your neck of the woods, have you?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3.2.21  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.2.18    5 years ago
So how long are you willing to keep 800k federal workers unpaid and perhaps half of them furloughed permanently in order to keep trump from fulfilling a campaign promise?

We should not negotiate with terrorists. Trump is holding those workers hostage all to fulfill a moronic campaign promise to bigoted pieces of shit not worthy of calling themselves Americans if they're too stupid to understand that a wall is not the answer to our illegal immigration problem.

So the real question is, how long will worthless pieces of shit continue to support this commander in-competent while he's extorting the American people? How long will they continue to enable a terrorist? How long will they keep making excuses for what they know in their hearts to be the biggest embarrassment America has ever suffered since the civil war?

"Personally I am willing"

Yeah, I get it, you don't give a shit about America or Americans and are willing to make America suffer to push a worthless authoritarians agenda.

"Without some additional border barrier  I’m quite willing to go scorched earth on all the other matters.  It is that simple. "

Without some evidence that a wall would actually solve fuck all I'm willing to let Republicans die on the vine as they are right now considering the majority blame them for the shutdown as they should. Pelosi is kicking the shit out of Trump politically right now, there's simply no way she is giving in to the petulant man baby or his sycophant human centipede of lips sewn to assholes in a continuous chain trailing behind him. Trump and his followers will forever be remembered as a cautionary tale of what not to do, just like many of his supporters confederate ancestors who ended up on the wrong side of history by siding with hate, bigotry and ridiculing education in favor of ignorant superstitions and racist indoctrination. 

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
3.2.22  livefreeordie  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.2.21    5 years ago

Let the shutdown continue then. I’m fine with that

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
3.2.23  livefreeordie  replied to  nightwalker @3.2.20    5 years ago

The income tax is a Marxist evil. Our founders considered it to be part of tyrannical governments 

yes I pay taxes and no non profit organizations don’t pay taxes. But what does that have to do with my post?

originalist is a school of interpreting the Constitution as it’s written. 

Christianity has been called a religion, but is in actuality about restoring mankind’s personal relationship with God as it was with Adam and Eve where YHWH (Jesus) walked and talked with them in the Garden.  It certainly is NOT about rules and regulations

cutting back federal regulations is about returning the federal government to following the Constitution

We who support Trump do so because he is the first president in decades to actually do what we have demanded of politicians for many decades.   That’s why many like myself don’t belong to any political parties. I left the GOP in 1970 because they were too socialist

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3.2.25  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  livefreeordie @3.2.23    5 years ago
I left the GOP in 1970 because they were too socialist

I think it more likely that you were too radical. If both the Republicans and Democrats are "too socialist" for you, then maybe it's you who don't belong, not the hundreds of millions of Americans who vehemently disagree with you.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
3.2.26  arkpdx  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @3.2.2    5 years ago
NO ONE man ever gets his own way all of the time here.  By design, it's called the constitution

Did you admonish Obama the same way when he was using "his position to pen and his phone" to try to govern? 

Sophomore Guide
3.2.27  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  arkpdx @3.2.26    5 years ago
Did you admonish Obama the same way when he was using "his position to pen and his phone" to try to govern? 

Yes much more when he started doing it without a lengthy fight that ended in a lengthy standoff.

I've never been in favor of "the pen" at all. That Is one man taking too much control IMO and even when effective and or seemingly necessary its too easily reversible. Creating an untrustworthy long term government to deal with.  

Well thought out long term laws and regulations are more of a stabilizing factor which is good for investors, the economy, the nation and the world at large.

That needs congress. Not a pen and one man's idea of what the best solution is.

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
3.2.28  nightwalker  replied to  livefreeordie @3.2.23    5 years ago

'k, you have a right to your point of view, I'm just trying to figure out and understand how and where you got it.

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
3.2.29  nightwalker  replied to    5 years ago

When you start figuring your income in the high five figures you're wealthy. When you figure your income in six digits or more, you're rich, as a quick rule of thumb. Investments, property and other assets count in also.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.30  Tessylo  replied to  livefreeordie @3.2.6    5 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Delusional

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.31  Tessylo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.2.21    5 years ago

Rump is such a weak and impotent turd.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.32  Tessylo  replied to  livefreeordie @3.2.22    5 years ago
Let the shutdown continue then. I’m fine with that

Of course you are, pastor

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
3.3  Don Overton  replied to  livefreeordie @3    5 years ago

A comedy comment to reality

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.4  Tessylo  replied to  livefreeordie @3    5 years ago

That's funny because he said I can - or could - and might - but why isn't he?

Answer - he's scared shitless and caved like the bitch ass punk pussy that he is.  

luther28
Sophomore Silent
4  luther28    5 years ago

Gee: What if Mr. Trump made a major  announcement and no one listened?

Mr. Trump and His reality show have run their course, time to cancel this show for the season.

Don't fret, you'll always have the reruns.

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
4.1  Rmando  replied to  luther28 @4    5 years ago

The Trump show will be on for the next six years. Then we'll get the Mike Pence spin off.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
4.1.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Rmando @4.1    5 years ago

Lol, kinda like how the GOP would be fine in the midterms? 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Rmando @4.1    5 years ago

My bet is that Pence will resign the VP during the next 15 months or so to take a cabinet job and that Trump will appoint former U.N. ambassador Nikki Haley to be his new VP who will be our new President in six years.  

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4.1.3  bbl-1  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.1.2    5 years ago

Or they both are indicted and Pelosi becomes president with Ocasio Cortez as Secretary of The Treasury.

HOLY CRACKERS

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1.4  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  bbl-1 @4.1.3    5 years ago

The President can’t be indicted while in office.  The are no grounds to indict the VP on anything at all and even if it happened, Trump would appoint the replacement.  

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
4.1.5  Rmando  replied to  Thrawn 31 @4.1.1    5 years ago

"Lol, kinda like how the GOP would be fine in the midterms?"

The GOP gained seats in the Senate during the midterms and defeated four incumbent Dems.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4.1.6  bbl-1  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.1.4    5 years ago

Can't be indicted?  Why?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1.8  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  bbl-1 @4.1.6    5 years ago

https://www.justice.gov/olc/opinion/sitting-president’s-amenability-indictment-and-criminal-prosecution

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4.1.9  bbl-1  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.1.8    5 years ago

Absolutely.   However, laws, amendments, Constitutional interpretations will change.  Then, some who found protection behind 'the document' ( Constitution ) may find themselves under assault by that very same document.

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
4.1.10  Studiusbagus  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.1.4    5 years ago
The President can’t be indicted while in office

Nothing in that link is law. It's an opinion. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1.11  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Studiusbagus @4.1.10    5 years ago

One that is accepted as settled by a majority on the Supreme Court, as clearly stated by the most recent member.  

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
4.1.12  Studiusbagus  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.1.11    5 years ago

Well good. Because they left enough room in there to indict without a problem.

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
4.1.13  Don Overton  replied to  Rmando @4.1    5 years ago

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
4.1.14  Studiusbagus  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.1.11    5 years ago
One that is accepted as settled by a majority on the Supreme Court,

Checked on that...SCOTUS doesn't have an opinion.

Again all you have is a conservative "go to" opinion.

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
4.1.16  Studiusbagus  replied to  XDm9mm @4.1.15    5 years ago
Memorandum Opinion for the Attorney General

Already read it and obviously you have not.

It's an opinion, not a rule or law.

Actually, the SCOTUS does not need to have an opinion on the matter.  The SCOTUS does not indict anyone.

First of all, I'm not the one that said the SCOTUS did comment on it.

Secondly, SCOTUS doesn't prosecute either but they are called on to interpret law according to the constitution. So, yes, they would have an opinion. And since the constitution itself does not address the method....

The rest of the partisan propaganda I'll leave with you

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
4.1.18  Studiusbagus  replied to  XDm9mm @4.1.17    5 years ago

I said rule or law.

The rest just as obvious as most times.

A rational discussion without what one thinks is a clever jab is not possible here at this moment.

Now, if you'll excuse me please I'll go discuss with others.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1.20  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Studiusbagus @4.1.14    5 years ago

Written by the Bill Clinton justice Department.  Such a conservative go to source...jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif 

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
4.1.21  nightwalker  replied to  Rmando @4.1.5    5 years ago

Wow, good for you, and the GOP lost how many seats in the House? In 2020 there's going to be a lot of seats in the Senate are going to up for election and I expect a repeat of what happened in the House.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.22  Texan1211  replied to  nightwalker @4.1.21    5 years ago
Wow, good for you, and the GOP lost how many seats in the House?

And the answer is:

Fewer seats than the Democrats lost in 2010.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1.23  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.22    5 years ago

Or 1994.....

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
4.1.24  nightwalker  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.1.23    5 years ago

Then with all them GOPers in there for so long, why don't we ALREADY have a wall?

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
4.1.25  Studiusbagus  replied to  nightwalker @4.1.24    5 years ago

They can't answer that either.

They're still trying to convince themselves that the shutdown that happened when all three branches were under Republican control is somehow the fault of the Democrats.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5  bbl-1    5 years ago

What if the Trump's big announcement is----------Melania defected to Slovenia while Ivanka and Jared applied for asylum in Israel?

Boy, that'd be something, right?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2  Texan1211  replied to  bbl-1 @5    5 years ago

[Deleted]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.2.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2    5 years ago

Absolutely false.  I was in a store running an errand for my disabled mom and was not participating here.  I most certainly did not as seeded flag any post here as off topic.  That is a blatant non truth.  The moderator acted on her own or on the flag of a non seeding member just to set the record straight.  

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
5.2.2  Don Overton  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.2.1    5 years ago

Sure/s

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.2.3  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Don Overton @5.2.2    5 years ago

That Texan understands that I as the seeder absolutely did not flag his comment that I never actually saw as it was deleted by the moderator within 25 minutes of being posted is all that matters.  Why the moderator said I did that is a separate issue she will have to own up to.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.4  Texan1211  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.2.3    5 years ago

I knew it wasn't you. I guess moderator can delete whatever they choose.

Not the first time it has happened, and I am sure it won't be the last.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
5.2.5  sandy-2021492  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.2.1    5 years ago

My mistake.  Thick-fingered error on my phone.  It was deleted because it was a personal attack.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.3  Texan1211  replied to  bbl-1 @5    5 years ago
What if the Trump's big announcement is----------Melania defected to Slovenia while Ivanka and Jared applied for asylum in Israel?
Boy, that'd be something, right?

Not going to happen. Onto a new fantasy...…………………..perhaps you'd like to guess what Trump will say again?

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
5.4  Studiusbagus  replied to  bbl-1 @5    5 years ago

And take it out of Trumpanian back to English it reads:

"My wife just left me, and the kids are on the run from NYS prosecution."

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6  seeder  XXJefferson51    5 years ago

He is going to according to Fox News announce a compromise position to get the government reopened.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  XXJefferson51 @6    5 years ago

That was a very solid proposal that all sides can build on to reach an agreement to end the government shutdown and give all sides something of what they want.  The swearing in of a diverse group of legal immigrants in the Oval Office just prior to this announcement was moving as well.  

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
6.1.2  Don Overton  replied to  XXJefferson51 @6.1    5 years ago

Just the same old bullshit from the same old bullshitter

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
6.1.3  Don Overton  replied to  dennis smith @6.1.1    5 years ago

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
7  bbl-1    5 years ago

Saw the Trump speech.  Murder, rape, drugs and mayhem.  The base has been fed.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
9  The Magic 8 Ball    5 years ago

trump only made the offer knowing the dems would refuse.

he will declare an emergency to build the wall and no one can say he did not try to get it done thru legislation

patience is key :)

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
9.1  bbl-1  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @9    5 years ago

Money is also the key.  Our money.  Mexico ain't paying, we are.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
9.1.1  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  bbl-1 @9.1    5 years ago

why is it ONLY the left does not get that "they are gonna pay for it" does not mean they will write a check up front?  there are many ways to take it out of their backside.

everyone else gets it... why is the left so fukin slow? hint: they aren't slow...  they are just obstinate.

but that matters not... all that matters is the border will be secured by a physical barrier and that can not be stopped.

the left can only further show its ass by supporting illegals over citizens = we are counting on this :)

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
9.1.2  Phoenyx13  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @9.1.1    5 years ago
why is it ONLY the left does not get that "they are gonna pay for it" does not mean they will write a check up front?

what ?? it sure seems that was the plan - to have them write a check up front .. check out this Trump Memo from April 2016... looks like he campaigned on exactly " they are gonna pay for it " including writing a check up front :

so why would you state that it doesn't mean what Donald Trump obviously meant ?

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
9.1.3  bbl-1  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @9.1.1    5 years ago

Sure.  ( laughing )  The only 'backside' is ours.   ( Still laughing )

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
10  nightwalker    5 years ago

Something wrong here, "that woman" knew that there was no way to keep trump from preforming for any kind of audience, and the fastest way for her to get trump to do something is to tell him she doesn't want him to do it.

So I suspect she's up to something no-good against the king. I mean president "t".

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
10.1  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  nightwalker @10    5 years ago
So I suspect she's up to something

she is just scared of her lunatic leftwing base

if she makes a deal with trump she loses that gavel in a blink.

cheers :)

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
10.2  Studiusbagus  replied to  nightwalker @10    5 years ago
So I suspect she's up to something no-good against the king.

Yep...he put himself in a corner and he's not getting out without being exposed twice.

The first time for his mouth chattering lies that are catching up to him.

The second.....that a woman is kicking his ass.

Oh look! Out there...it's....it's ...Why yes, it's even more Republican women and their daughters walking away from the conservatives. And over there...a bunch of young women coming. They see advancement, support, inclusion, respect.

Sophomore Guide
10.2.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Studiusbagus @10.2    5 years ago

I stopped underestimating this man long ago. I have little doubt he'll come out of "the corner" doing just fine... In his own mind at least, therefore this won't slow him down it will instead add to his bitterness though.. 

IMO: trump still sees himself as a Boss not a part of our government. 

Bosses dont like it when they are told NO. He's no exception. 

PJ
Masters Quiet
11  PJ    5 years ago

This announcement turned out to be a nothing burder

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
11.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  PJ @11    5 years ago

It is the basis for any future negotiated settlement.  If there’s going to be one.  

PJ
Masters Quiet
11.1.1  PJ  replied to  XXJefferson51 @11.1    5 years ago

This is no genuine deal.  Trump took DACA away and is now trying to pretend giving a 3 year temporary stay is a concession.  In addition to the fact that SCOTUS has already stated they will not hear arguments on DACA this year so Trump knows he has time to play with.  Pffft

This president has waged war on his own people minus his 30% base.  He is hurting his own people and forcing civil servants and the military to work without pay.  It's disgraceful. 

He needs to open the government or the democrats should not negotiate.    

Mitch McConnell should be fired for not doing his job.  He works for the people NOT the president.  He needs to bring the bills Congress has passed to the Senate floor for a vote and follow regular order.

Ender
Professor Principal
11.1.2  Ender  replied to  PJ @11.1.1    5 years ago
SCOTUS has already stated they will not hear arguments on DACA this year

Ahh. That's why he is all the sudden bringing it up. It was always a non-starter before.

PJ
Masters Quiet
11.1.3  PJ  replied to  Ender @11.1.2    5 years ago

I think it's clear that trump isn't a thoughtful or curious person.  I doubt he came up with any of the terms.  This was clearly a stephen miller strategy.  They are hoping he'll get a second term and then they will kick all the brown people out.

In the meantime, McConnell has obfuscated his responsibilities as senate majority leader.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
11.1.4  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  PJ @11.1.1    5 years ago

The government should stay shut down until the house passes a bill the senate will consider and the president will sign.  However long it takes.  Tomorrow Trump can legally permanently lay off furloughed workers who are non essential and not working right now.  Talk about draining the swamp.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
11.1.5  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  PJ @11.1.1    5 years ago

Like the democrat senate did with GOP house passed bills when Obama was President?  Oh wait!  That never happened.  

PJ
Masters Quiet
11.1.6  PJ  replied to  XXJefferson51 @11.1.5    5 years ago

I don't recall the government being closed for this period of time under democratic leadership.  Can you provide a link supporting your claim.

PJ
Masters Quiet
11.1.7  PJ  replied to  XXJefferson51 @11.1.4    5 years ago

It will be interesting to see the ripple affects if trump does what you say he can do.  The country is already at risk because of his decision and delight in shutting down the government for rush and ann.  

I hope they appreciate what he's doing for them.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  PJ @11.1.6    5 years ago

Either side can see to it that the govt. reopens fully at any time they choose to.

What do other govt. shutdowns have to do with this one?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
11.1.9  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.8    5 years ago

Well said.  At least Trump and the GOP are willing to compromise as are some house and senate Dems.  The senate will open Tuesday with Trumps plan.  The senators will have amendments sufficient to get 60 or more votes for a final compromise bill.  Once the senate passes whatever emerges from their negotiations the minority will launch a discharge petition to bring the senate passed bill to the floor for a majority vote.  At that point the shutdown will end or it will all be on Nancy and house democrats.  

Ender
Professor Principal
11.1.10  Ender  replied to  XXJefferson51 @11.1.9    5 years ago
Sen. James Lankford (R-Okla.) on Sunday called President Trump 's proposal to extend protections for some immigrants in exchange for wall funding a "straw man proposal" that is not meant to become law.

Doesn't sound like it to me.

PJ
Masters Quiet
11.1.11  PJ  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.8    5 years ago
Either side can see to it that the govt. reopens fully at any time they choose to

No, absolutely not.  I do not support the democrats caving into this monster.  He said he would be happy to shut the government down and he would take responsibility.  Are you surprised he's now pretending that it's not his fault, I'm not.  He is not an honorable person even if you set aside all the lies he tells every day.

What do other govt. shutdowns have to do with this one?

Ask X, he's the one who inserted it into the conversation.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
11.1.12  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Ender @11.1.10    5 years ago

Sounds like he’s one on our side who thinks Trump gave in too much already in his proposal like Ann Coulter does.  Both sides have their hard core elements we will have to work around to settle the shutdown.  I myself am more liberal on overall immigration issues than most Republicans but that is conditional upon getting border barriers and other security measures up and running first.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
11.1.13  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  PJ @11.1.11    5 years ago

Actually I did not.  I was simply comparing the role of senate majority leader now to the reversed roles across the board from 2011-2014.  

PJ
Masters Quiet
11.1.14  PJ  replied to  XXJefferson51 @11.1.13    5 years ago

X!  You did to bring it up.  OMG - go back and read your previous comments.  Don't even try pulling a Trump on me.

jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
11.1.15  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  PJ @11.1.14    5 years ago

I was clearly referring to what Democrat senate majority leader Reid did to House GOP Bills when Obama was President and how Sen. McConnell is doing likewise now. Did you want Reid fired then? Whether or not there were government shutdowns during that time frame was immaterial to my point.  

PJ
Masters Quiet
11.1.16  PJ  replied to  XXJefferson51 @11.1.15    5 years ago

Please provide a link that showed the democrats shut the government down for 30 days with no end in sight.

Ender
Professor Principal
11.1.17  Ender  replied to  XXJefferson51 @11.1.12    5 years ago
getting border barriers and other security measures up and running first

Even if he did get funding, it would takes years for completion.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
11.1.18  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  PJ @11.1.16    5 years ago

Why would I provide a link to something I never said?  You brought up what you thought of McConnell shielding Trump from facing House passed bills and I responded with what Reid did to House GOP bills when Obama was President.  Nothing more.  As for the length of this partial shutdown, as far as I’m concerned it can last forever and the non essential workers laid off for ever if the wall is not built.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.19  Texan1211  replied to  PJ @11.1.11    5 years ago
No, absolutely not. I do not support the democrats caving into this monster.

Whether you support it or not doesn't change the fact that either party can end whenever they want.

He said he would be happy to shut the government down and he would take responsibility. Are you surprised he's now pretending that it's not his fault, I'm not. He is not an honorable person even if you set aside all the lies he tells every day.

Okay, so blame Trump. What now?

Ask X, he's the one who inserted it into the conversation.

Please tell me in what post he talker of prior govt. shutdowns. I don't see it.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
11.1.20  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Ender @11.1.17    5 years ago

Then the sooner we get started the better. We are only asking for about 250 miles of barriers right now.  

PJ
Masters Quiet
11.1.21  PJ  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.19    5 years ago

I'm not interested in having a discussion with members who pretend reality doesn't exist.  You look for x's comment.  I'm not your fucking secretary.

PJ
Masters Quiet
11.1.22  PJ  replied to  XXJefferson51 @11.1.18    5 years ago

Covfefe felicia

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.23  Texan1211  replied to  PJ @11.1.21    5 years ago
I'm not interested in having a discussion with members who pretend reality doesn't exist.

Oh. You must be talking about those who refuse to see the reality that the shutdown can be ended at any time by either party.

You look for x's comment.

I did. It doesn't exist. Which is why I asked you to point out where it is.

I'm not your fucking secretary.

Something I am eternally grateful for.

Cheers!

jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.24  Texan1211  replied to  XXJefferson51 @11.1.20    5 years ago

Say, can you help me out?

Please point out where you were talking about some past govt. shutdown, 'cuz I sure can't find it and have been assured you made such a statement.

My fucking secretary is falling down on the job!

PJ
Masters Quiet
11.1.25  PJ  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.24    5 years ago

[ deleted ] If you lie and say he didn't suggest the democrats did the same thing then I will never respect you again.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.26  Texan1211  replied to  PJ @11.1.25    5 years ago
read slowly and you may be able to comprehend. If you lie and say he didn't suggest the democrats did the same thing then I will never respect you again.

Oh my, this is quite sad. There he was, talking about what happened to bills in the Senate while Obama was President compared to today's Senate, and you thought he was talking about a government SHUT DOWN?
Oh, my!

jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.27  Texan1211  replied to  XXJefferson51 @11.1.18    5 years ago

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.28  Texan1211  replied to  PJ @11.1.25    5 years ago
I will never respect you again.

And I was so counting on that to comfort me in my retirement years, too.

Now I'm sad.

jrSmiley_5_smiley_image.png

PJ
Masters Quiet
11.1.29  PJ  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.28    5 years ago

I see you had my comment removed.  jrSmiley_84_smiley_image.gif   Lucky you have a woman to protect you.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.30  Texan1211  replied to  PJ @11.1.29    5 years ago
I see you had my comment removed.

Sorry, but that power doesn't lie in my hands.

Lucky you have a woman to protect you.

What or who is this imaginary woman supposed to protect me from?

You know any that could possibly protect me from reading inane posts?

PJ
Masters Quiet
11.1.31  PJ  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.30    5 years ago

I don't believe you......anymore.  That's all I can say without being censored. 

On a side note, I can't believe we can't have spirited disagreements on this site.  It's become boring and too restrictive.  This is not a site that allows open discussion.  Next we'll have to have all our comments reviewed and approved before posting.

Disappointing........  

Ender
Professor Principal
11.1.32  Ender  replied to  PJ @11.1.31    5 years ago

Don't take it to heart. Some are always disparaging and vague without ever making a point.

Yet we get a hit for getting tired of it.

A technicality I gladly get dinged for.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
11.1.33  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.30    5 years ago
You know any that could possibly protect me from reading inane posts?

Hey Tex, i'll take a wild stab in the ole dark

ages n ages add up to more addages 

and a d, but i'll bet you some Richard , wjho's actually prefers Dick

being called of him,

and they progressly proceeed to build a Ft.

n call it Fort Dick's

Sporting , or not   Dick Cheneyb makkes Sport out of Lawyers, rthere oughta be a law, they're never ouutta season

's   of wither 

lord

of the

Flies      in gthe face of reason, yet not reasonible enough to be reasonibull

shit, there must bea reason,  know....?

i didn;yt think so

what    in the world of a Trumpian extra P urine carrier

pigeon toed vietnammin sacrificin likke De Jesus Christ

Ole Mighty 

Morphin Power 

puffed girls

like puffin rice 

paper with some old White heired loomin loon a ticked off at vthe on

button sewed ontop of his off button velcroed to his zippered switch

in out switches with britcherless britches 

off pissed off bitches

creating more water for the Dick's supporters to supporttheir lowcsal Dick at Dick's Sporting but not supporting Goods

unsupportive of Bad

addvice given to add anpther vice, to my grip, as it slips

on ice with ice capades incapable of breaking ice at an ice breaking partyn a;ll the ice has already been broken,

cuz,

someone needed a fix

oflat chested Irish girl with red heir

looming from what she reaped  

a bunch of defprmed snow flakes

creating 

Dan

druffed    n   fluffed like a nutter utter butter 

pee nutted sand which which i might suggest opting out of that white flufffer nutter pee nut better sand which i wouldn't taste,

like the women that would date 

me back to the stone

aged to imperfection

without any taste   T treat

office with respect N receive it

shit on it , and then play with it....?

I don't know Tex therere seemz ta B a Di Lemma \

oh  n buy a way

You, r th eonly one who can't help   themseves

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
11.1.34  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.24    5 years ago

I can’t either.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
11.1.35  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  PJ @11.1.31    5 years ago

You are right about that.  Speak your mind is strictly a slogan and not reality here anymore.  

Ender
Professor Principal
11.1.36  Ender  replied to  igknorantzrulz @11.1.33    5 years ago

You should rap. No offence, that is the way I sometimes read your posts.

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
11.1.37  nightwalker  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.27    5 years ago

If you ever get tired of playing "gotcha" and playing dumb it would make this mess easier to read.

If you really CAN'T understand a conservation it may be a good idea to not get involved.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
11.1.38  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Ender @11.1.36    5 years ago
You should rap.

i'm a Christmas wrapper

who so wrongly rights

whatever

i feel like babbling bout at that given increment in time

sometimes just free floatin thinkin thats usually stinkin n sinkin

other times, 

feeling l.ike writing something or other that mite bug ones to know exactly watt i herd i'm sayin in ambiguity , as on occassio n my posts can say multiple things,

but i can't always   hear here

so i order in a quart

appointed cheater, container of ate more,

in a plane

brown X Christmass wrapper

containing a 40, n i lift my pinky

when perusing the yellow pages n consuming said beverage 

cause it's a high life sp;ecial Ed f ect

that erects thewall i wallow on about

time

im not thinkin, prefer drinkin

to my wealth of health, as i treat body like where Indiana has a Jones

to worship 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.39  Texan1211  replied to  nightwalker @11.1.37    5 years ago
If you ever get tired of playing "gotcha" and playing dumb it would make this mess easier to read.
If you really CAN'T understand a conservation it may be a good idea to not get involved.

Understood and followed along just fine.

Now. if you could just show me where he was ever talking about prior govt. shutdowns, by all means, show it to us.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.40  Texan1211  replied to  PJ @11.1.31    5 years ago
I don't believe you......anymore. That's all I can say without being censored.
On a side note, I can't believe we can't have spirited disagreements on this site. It's become boring and too restrictive. This is not a site that allows open discussion. Next we'll have to have all our comments reviewed and approved before posting.
Disappointing........

Perhaps we'll all learn to write without insulting each other, and then we won't be "censored".

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.41  Texan1211  replied to  igknorantzrulz @11.1.33    5 years ago

Perfect example--thanks for supplying one so readily.

I know I can always count on you.

PJ
Masters Quiet
11.1.42  PJ  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.40    5 years ago

And maybe the site will lose it's diversity and you all can post comments about favorite foods and other innocuous topics.  Of course the site would need to change it's name to rainbows and fluffy clouds so everyone would feel safe and unchallenged.

The site is losing it's edge and it's credibility for open exchange of diverse views.  The moderation has obstructed relationship building during tough conversations.  It's only added to the animosity.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.43  Texan1211  replied to  PJ @11.1.42    5 years ago
And maybe the site will lose it's diversity and you all can post comments about favorite foods and other innocuous topics. Of course the site would need to change it's name to rainbows and fluffy clouds so everyone would feel safe and unchallenged.
The site is losing it's edge and it's credibility for open exchange of diverse views. The moderation has obstructed relationship building during tough conversations. It's only added to the animosity.

Perhaps you'd be more comfortable posting in a leftwing echo chamber?

PJ
Masters Quiet
11.1.44  PJ  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.43    5 years ago
Perhaps you'd be more comfortable posting in a leftwing echo chamber?

What an interesting suggestion.  I actually post on another site that is right leaning and they are more open to conversations that at times can become contentious.  In the end we either work through the argument and find some common ground or we agree to an impasse all by ourselves and without having our voices curbed.  

It's probably time for me to take another break.  I keep returning hoping that things have changed but I'm realizing upon each visit that the site becomes more and more adverse to positions that are not squarely right leaning.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.45  Texan1211  replied to  PJ @11.1.44    5 years ago
It's probably time for me to take another break. I keep returning hoping that things have changed but I'm realizing upon each visit that the site becomes more and more adverse to positions that are not squarely right leaning.

oooh, nice play of the victim card!

PJ
Masters Quiet
11.1.46  PJ  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.45    5 years ago

Huh?  Where'd you get that from.......my suggestion to have open discussions?  jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Never mind, you are a clear representation of the growing problem here.  Now hurry up and click the flag.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.47  Texan1211  replied to  PJ @11.1.46    5 years ago
Huh? Where'd you get that from.......my suggestion to have open discussions?

from your words. These words specifically.

"but I'm realizing upon each visit that the site becomes more and more adverse to positions that are not squarely right leaning."

A clear case of not reading the article posted here or comments made. 

PJ
Masters Quiet
11.1.48  PJ  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.47    5 years ago

right, clearly.......jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.49  Texan1211  replied to  PJ @11.1.48    5 years ago

See?

We can AGREE ON STUFF!

THANKS!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
11.1.50  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  PJ @11.1.44    5 years ago

This site right leaning? jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_76_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif  This site has moved ever to the left and is a pro censorship site since the last coc revisions.  

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
11.1.51  livefreeordie  replied to  XXJefferson51 @11.1.50    5 years ago

Agreed

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.1.52  Tessylo  replied to  Ender @11.1.17    5 years ago

Yeah, some brilliant poster said the other day to build the wall first and then re-open government.

Brilliant!!!!!!!!!

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.1.53  Tessylo  replied to  PJ @11.1.29    5 years ago
I see you had my comment removed.    Lucky you have a woman to protect you.  

jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.1.54  Tessylo  replied to  nightwalker @11.1.37    5 years ago
'If you ever get tired of playing "gotcha" and playing dumb it would make this mess easier to read. If you really CAN'T understand a conservation it may be a good idea to not get involved.'

jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.1.55  Tessylo  replied to  PJ @11.1.44    5 years ago
'I keep returning hoping that things have changed but I'm realizing upon each visit that the site becomes more and more adverse to positions that are not squarely right leaning.'

You are so on the money!  I took several extended breaks but I'm going to keep trying.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
12  seeder  XXJefferson51    5 years ago

Let’s celebrate! 🎉  🎊 Congratulations 🎈🍾 to President Trump! jrSmiley_36_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_24_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif  Today is the 2nd anniversary of his inauguration. jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

Ender
Professor Principal
12.1  Ender  replied to  XXJefferson51 @12    5 years ago

Where is the shit emoji when one needs one...

JBB
Professor Principal
12.2  JBB  replied to  XXJefferson51 @12    5 years ago

[Removed]

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
12.2.1  nightwalker  replied to  JBB @12.2    5 years ago

[removed]

evilone
Professor Guide
13  evilone    5 years ago

I thought President Hamberder was supposed to be a big deal maker? He can't even sell this shit sandwich to his own party! I keep laughing as his numbers keep plunging...

The Hamberder In Chief would have been better off if he used the emergency bullshit at his boarder speech to open the government and let the wall crap work through the courts. He wouldn't have gotten his wall, but he would at least had a better narrative. The longer the closure the worst it gets for the GOP in 2020. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.1  Texan1211  replied to  evilone @13    5 years ago
The longer the closure the worst it gets for the GOP in 2020.

If that were anywhere remotely near the truth, a lot of Democrats would be in hog heaven right now instead of constantly bitching.

evilone
Professor Guide
13.1.1  evilone  replied to  Texan1211 @13.1    5 years ago
a lot of Democrats would be in hog heaven right now instead of constantly bitching.

Come on now, Tex... When have the Democrats not been constantly bitching?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  evilone @13.1.1    5 years ago

I think the last time was for a month or so when Democrats won the House and Oval Office in 2008.

Dang sure didn't last long, though!

PJ
Masters Quiet
13.1.3  PJ  replied to  Texan1211 @13.1    5 years ago

Maybe they're constantly bitching on behalf of those americans who have been cruelly targeted and placed on furlough or required to work without pay.  The real question is why republicans won't.

Your comments along with others on this site reveal your true character.   Now hurry up and click the flag.  jrSmiley_19_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  PJ @13.1.3    5 years ago
Maybe they're constantly bitching on behalf of those americans who have been cruelly targeted and placed on furlough or required to work without pay. The real question is why republicans won't.

Only people with their heads in the sand will refuse to acknowledge the simple fact that either side can end the shutdown whenever they choose.

Your comments along with others on this site reveal your true character. Now hurry up and click the flag.

Your infantile comments in an attempt to goad me are clearly unsuccessful, so you can stop trying.

Is THAT what passes for "open discussion" with you?

LMFAO!

PJ
Masters Quiet
13.1.5  PJ  replied to  Texan1211 @13.1.4    5 years ago

Shrug ......a girl can try.  jrSmiley_68_smiley_image.png

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  PJ @13.1.5    5 years ago

[deleted]

PJ
Masters Quiet
13.1.7  PJ  replied to  Texan1211 @13.1.6    5 years ago

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.1.9  Texan1211  replied to    5 years ago
Removed for context

Calm down.

No one is shouting.

I see you have jumped on the latest media/progressive left bandwagon about how bad men are.

LMFAO!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  PJ @13.1.7    5 years ago
Removed for context

I have seen absolutely no evidence to support that statement from you.

In fact, I have seen proof that the exact opposite is true.

"Your comments along with others on this site reveal your true character. Now hurry up and click the flag."

PJ
Masters Quiet
13.1.11  PJ  replied to  Texan1211 @13.1.10    5 years ago

Now I'm just bored........  Have a good day.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.1.12  Texan1211  replied to  PJ @13.1.11    5 years ago
Now I'm just bored........ Have a good day.

Usually do!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.1.13  Texan1211  replied to  PJ @13.1.5    5 years ago

Do tell me more about clicking the flag! LMAO!

PJ
Masters Quiet
13.1.14  PJ  replied to  Texan1211 @13.1.13    5 years ago

I NEVER report. NEVER in my time as a member here or on other forums have I ever reported someone for any reason.   

The deletion of both mine and your comment is exactly what I was talking about with regards to not allowing members to come to their own resolution.  

You and I did close out our discussion amicably and yet our comments were removed....Why?   Why would moderators insert themselves into a situation that had resolved itself.   

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.1.15  Texan1211  replied to  PJ @13.1.14    5 years ago

I will agree with that point.

Also, how is what I said significantly different than what was said to me and allowed to stand in post 13.1.8?

PJ
Masters Quiet
13.1.16  PJ  replied to  Texan1211 @13.1.15    5 years ago

It depends on the interpretation from the mod.  I don't know why it wasn't caught up in the sting.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
13.1.17  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  PJ @13.1.16    5 years ago

Ok let’s try to keep things civil here.  I flagged none of the comments that were removed as I was on another seed at the time.  I do not know why some stuff stands  that was objected to and other stuff does not.  I’ve just learned to accept that there is a huge different standard between what is allowed to be said to me and about me and what I can say to or about another of the opposing ideology or non believer.  It’s just the way it is.  Can’t we all just get along?  

PJ
Masters Quiet
13.1.18  PJ  replied to  XXJefferson51 @13.1.17    5 years ago

I've always tried getting along with you X.  Even when I don't agree with you.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
13.1.19  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  PJ @13.1.18    5 years ago

Yes, you have.  

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
13.1.20  nightwalker  replied to  evilone @13.1.1    5 years ago

LOL

When did the GOP ever stop bitching? When they lose they bitch and when they win they still bitch because they didn't win enough or by enough. 

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
13.1.21  Studiusbagus  replied to  PJ @13.1.3    5 years ago
Now hurry up and click the flag.  jrSmiley_19_smiley_image.gif

Is that a new reference like "flogging the dolphin" "waxing the submarine"?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.2  Tessylo  replied to  evilone @13    5 years ago

You know all this talk about building that fucking wall and Rump's temper tantrums - there are court cases that have been going on for some time now about taking people's land at the border.  Even if wall funding is approved, which it won't be until the government re-opens, the wall would not be built until all those cases are settled.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
13.2.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @13.2    5 years ago

The national emergency is about to be declared over the whole border issue so that the wall will be built.  

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
13.2.3  Studiusbagus  replied to  XXJefferson51 @13.2.2    5 years ago
The national emergency is about to be declared over the whole border issue so that the wall will be built.

And it will be shot down faster than his mini fingers can get off the paper he signed.

I'm loving watching him squirm for an exit....even better is watching the flacid desperate defiance of the droolers trying to state what trump will and will not be doing.

The palin clone has gotten himself in big trouble, his own party is bailing on him. 

By the time this is over the house and the senate will have one of the most bipartisan agreements in history.

The impeachment of Trump. 

I'll gladly pick up a broom to sweep up the bone matter and goo that exploded from the drooler tea party stooges head explosions. Then watching as their sway becomes a joke for all to see.

And of course we'd have to get used to all the new name changes from the right trying to escape their comment history.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
13.2.4  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Studiusbagus @13.2.3    5 years ago
And it will be shot down faster than his mini fingers can get off the paper he signed

only in the 9th circus court.

the supreme court will trump those fools.

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
13.2.5  Studiusbagus  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @13.2.4    5 years ago

Yep, keep feeding off that debunked "9th circuit court" bullshit the conservative were fed and repeated.

Came down to a simple question that squashed his rant.

"If it's an emergency, why hasn't it already been enacted and why would it be used as a threat?

FAIL!

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
14  Studiusbagus    5 years ago

HA HA HA HA!

Trump caved! Government opening back up...no money for the wall....

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
14.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Studiusbagus @14    5 years ago

Who knew? Oh wait, I did!

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
15  Thrawn 31    5 years ago

The big announcement is that fat fuck gave in and the wall is finished lol.