╌>

God 'wanted Donald Trump to become president,' Sarah Sanders says

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  5 years ago  •  51 comments

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

aaaa2f80-fa39-11e8-8fbf-da9c00b689c4   Christal Hayes, USA TODAY   10 hours ago  

WASHINGTON – In an interview on Wednesday, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said she believes that God wanted Donald Trump to be president. 

Talking with the   Christian Broadcasting Network , Sanders offered her thoughts on a wide array of topics, including immigration, a border wall, the White House press briefings and how real estate mogul Donald Trump ended up at the White House. 

"I think God calls all of us to fill different roles at different times and I think that He wanted Donald Trump to become president," Sanders said, according to CBN News. "That's why he's there and I think he has done a tremendous job in supporting a lot of the things that people of faith really care about." 

Much of Sanders' 20-minute interview with the media organization revolved around the intersection of faith and politics, including how Christians in Syria will be affected by pulling troops out of the country, abortion and whether a wall along the southern border, Trump's key campaign promise that led to a 35-day government shutdown, is moral. 

Sanders argued that Trump is the "most conservative president that we've ever had," pointing to how the administration has reshaped the judicial system with a wide assortment of conservative judges. 

"I think that will be one of the greatest legacies that the president has after his 8 years in office is how he has completely remade the judiciary and started to stop this activist court that we've started to see over the last 8 years," Sander said. "There's a reason evangelicals are sticking with the President, and that's because he's delivered on all the things he said he would do."

Sanders questioned whether press briefings were the best way to distribute information and criticized members of the press who used the briefings as a way to "find this gotcha moment." 

Sanders said her faith helps comfort her in her daily duties at the White House and when she faces tough questions from the news media about the administration.

"The goal is to be the best version of who God created us and who he called us to be," Sanders told CBN. "Some days I do that better than others, but the goal is always to be open about my faith. I think it's part of the reason it gives me a sense of calm when I'm in that room." 

This article originally appeared on USA TODAY:   God 'wanted Donald Trump to become president,' Sarah Sanders says

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1  TᵢG  replied to  Tessylo @1    5 years ago

People do indeed believe that God appoints the leaders of nations.   

Romans 13:1 13 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities,  for there is no authority except that which God has established.  The authorities that exist have been established by God .

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @1    5 years ago

daddy got her an on air audition to see how she'd fare at licking thumper ass after the WH gig was over.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

If god existed, that lying bitch, and the whole damned administration would have been struck by lightning with that remark.

More like Lucifer wanted Rump to become 'president'

epistte
Junior Guide
2.1  epistte  replied to  Tessylo @2    5 years ago
If god existed, that lying bitch, and the whole damned administration would have been struck by lightning with that remark.

More like Lucifer wanted Rump to become 'president'

God has fallen on hard times in the past 2000 years. He used to appear to people with choirs of angels and halos but now his PR staff are often pedophiles, con-men, and political shysters. He only appears as himself in the knots of trees and on grilled cheese sandwiches. 

Maybe we need to start a Patreon account for him?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  epistte @2.1    5 years ago
He used to appear to people with choirs of angels and halos

He used to appear to people, mostly nomadic people living on the edge of survival in the wilderness of northeastern Africa, before food refrigeration... I wonder if there is a correlation? Something in the water perhaps? Or in the slightly tainted meats? Or possibly the ingestion of some fermented herbal remedy like ayahuasca?

epistte
Junior Guide
2.1.2  epistte  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.1.1    5 years ago
He used to appear to people, mostly nomadic people living on the edge of survival in the wilderness of northeastern Africa, before food refrigeration... I wonder if there is a correlation? Something in the water perhaps? Or in the slightly tainted meats? Or possibly the ingestion of some fermented herbal remedy like ayahuasca?

That is just a bit too obvious for rational people, but it is also utterly heretical in the eyes of devout believers.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  Krishna    5 years ago

Correct!

Although unfortunately She (God) was unable to vote in the election due to racist laws in her home state which were deliberately passed to disenfranchise voters of Her ethnic background! :-(

Gordy327
Professor Expert
3.1  Gordy327  replied to  Krishna @3    5 years ago

Is God even allowed to vote? I'm not sure if God is a citizen or not?

epistte
Junior Guide
3.1.1  epistte  replied to  Gordy327 @3.1    5 years ago
Is God even allowed to vote? I'm not sure if God is a citizen or not?

He is an illegal alien.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
3.1.2  Gordy327  replied to  epistte @3.1.1    5 years ago

Then he should be deported. 

luther28
Sophomore Silent
4  luther28    5 years ago

Which god might that be pray tell?

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4.1  bbl-1  replied to  luther28 @4    5 years ago

Lucifer

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
5  FLYNAVY1    5 years ago

Considering the God told the likes of the "Icky Rickys" (Santorum, Perry), Mike Huckabee, Bachmann, and Carson to run, I've decided that she must have a huge sense of humor....! 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @5    5 years ago

She must have a very twisted sense of humor.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
5.1.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Tessylo @5.1    5 years ago

Twisted...... yep, lets go with that!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @5.1.1    5 years ago

Actually, a very sick, twisted, perverse, amoral, sense of humor.  

freepress
Freshman Silent
6  freepress    5 years ago

Ha, ha, ha. Very funny indeed. So God wants Sara to lie? God wants Trump's daily lies to be repeated and God approves? 

The man who would rather spend every weekend golfing, including Sundays instead of spending Sunday in church, the man who doesn't read and certainly could not even accurately repeat the Ten Commandments is "God's" choice?

No, Trump is the devils choice and he is deceiving Sara and all of Trump's followers.

Veronica
Professor Guide
7  Veronica    5 years ago

None of my gods or goddesses did.

Kavika
Professor Principal
8  Kavika     5 years ago

God speaking to herself...

Oh darn, do I get a do over or a mulligan. 

evilone
Professor Guide
9  evilone    5 years ago

Sarah, it's a sin to lie. You're going straight to Hell! Hahahahahaha!

Krishna
Professor Expert
9.1  Krishna  replied to  evilone @9    5 years ago
Sarah, it's a sin to lie.

Not if you're in the Trump administration..!!!

katrix
Sophomore Participates
10  katrix    5 years ago

Sanders is such an idiot.  Who could be stupid enough to think that god, if it existed, would give a rat's ass about who is elected President of the United States?  I mean, it couldn't be bothered to stop the Holocaust (a fact which led quite a few Jews to lose their faith), or the genocide in Rwanda, or any other genocide ... actually, it clearly didn't bother to stop any atrocity ever.  So if it did exist, it would clearly be non-interventionary.

If it were interventionary, it would have smited Trump long before now.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
10.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  katrix @10    5 years ago

"Sanders is such an idiot."

Idiot..... no.  Opportunistic liar to attract the weak minded..... most definitely.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
10.2  Gordy327  replied to  katrix @10    5 years ago

But God did want the Rams to be in the Super Bowl. After all, a deity needs to keep his priorities straight. jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.2.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Gordy327 @10.2    5 years ago

I remember a comedian, cannot remember his name now, when the football players thank Jesus for their wins - and the losers - So Jesus wanted me to fumble?

Gordy327
Professor Expert
10.2.2  Gordy327  replied to  Tessylo @10.2.1    5 years ago

Sounds like George Carlin.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.2.3  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Gordy327 @10.2.2    5 years ago

Everything Was Going Great, 'til Jesus Made Me Fumble.

I'm trying to wean myself off sports, it's too time consuming. I don't watch football anymore, I gave that up. I got tired of the interviews after the games, because the winning players always give credit to God, and the losers blame themselves. You know, just once I'd like to hear a player say, 'Yeah, we were in the game, until Jesus made me fumble. He hates our team.' - Jeff Stilson, comedian 

katrix
Sophomore Participates
10.2.4  katrix  replied to  Gordy327 @10.2    5 years ago

I knew there was something up with that non-call for the PI.

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
10.3  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  katrix @10    5 years ago
Who could be stupid enough to think that god, if it existed, would give a rat's ass about who is elected President of the United States?

The bible. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
11  Trout Giggles    5 years ago

Did that dummy think this wouldn't go viral simply because she said it on CBN?

I swear.....so much I should have my mouth washed out with soap

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
12  bbl-1    5 years ago

Gawd wanted the Trump to win? 

Strange.  Did gawd also know that Mexico wouldn't pay for the wall?  If that be the case then it must be the Gorsuch/Kavanaugh factor.  "I like beer."  And.  "Do you blackout."  Gawd has spoken. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
12.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  bbl-1 @12    5 years ago
Did gawd also know that Mexico wouldn't pay for the wall? 

If Gawd wanted Trump to win and supports Trumps agenda, why doesn't he pay for the wall? Or better yet, build it himself, maybe create a tsunami that rushes in from the gulf of Mexico to Baja creating a moat that he can fill with white sharks with lasers on their heads...

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
13  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu     5 years ago

Justification takes many avenues. 

Poor woman. 

Wake UP !

sad 

Kavika
Professor Principal
14  Kavika     5 years ago

If it's true it does prove one thing. God in not infallible. 

Gordy327
Professor Expert
14.1  Gordy327  replied to  Kavika @14    5 years ago

That or he has a wicked sense of humor.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
14.1.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Gordy327 @14.1    5 years ago
That or he has a wicked sense of humor.

Or a third option... Trump is Gods next extinction event...

"Sub-creatures. Gozer the Gozerian, Gozer the Destructor, Volgus Zildrohar, the Traveler has come. Choose and perish."

"What do you mean, choose? We don't understand"

"Choose. Choose the form of the Destructor"

"I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something I loved from my childhood, something that could never, ever possibly destroy us: Donald Trump..."

"5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them. 17 And, behold, I, even I, do bring Trump upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die."

Gordy327
Professor Expert
14.1.2  Gordy327  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @14.1.1    5 years ago
Or a third option... Trump is Gods next extinction event...

Aw crap. We're screwed. Nice Ghostbusters reference though jrSmiley_79_smiley_image.gif

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
15  Thrawn 31    5 years ago
God 'Wanted Donald Trump To Become President,' Sarah Sanders Says

Makes sense, the Abrahamic god is an asshole and enjoys making humans suffer. 

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
16  Phoenyx13    5 years ago
God 'Wanted Donald Trump To Become President,' Sarah Sanders Says

so "God" wanted to punish everyone ? who committed that grave sin that forced "God" to give us Trump for President ?!

TᵢG
Professor Principal
16.1  TᵢG  replied to  Phoenyx13 @16    5 years ago

If only people would take the Bible as a mere book (re)written by ancient men we would not be discussing the logical contradiction of God choosing leaders for all nations for all of history.

Why do we have good and bad leaders?   Because the dynamics of reality produce good and bad results.   Same reason why bad things happen to good people and good things happen to bad people.   Reality operates as if there were no sentient entity directing things.

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
16.1.1  Phoenyx13  replied to  TᵢG @16.1    5 years ago
Because the dynamics of reality produce good and bad results.   Same reason why bad things happen to good people and good things happen to bad people.   Reality operates as if there were no sentient entity directing things.

sorry, that comment makes way too much logical sense and forces people to accept that they are solely responsible for their own decisions and actions - it's much easier to suspend that logic and be wrapped in illusionary comfort of a father figure who's an unproven entity, plus you don't have to take responsibility for your actions or decisions (just blame the devil) and you don't have to worry about trying to figure out those tough questions or concepts in life (god just works in mysterious ways - much easier)

TᵢG
Professor Principal
16.1.2  TᵢG  replied to  Phoenyx13 @16.1.1    5 years ago

Comfort.

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
16.1.3  Phoenyx13  replied to  TᵢG @16.1.2    5 years ago
Comfort.

and that's quite a high cost to pay for "comfort" in my opinion - especially after looking at some of the devout religious in real life and on NT

TᵢG
Professor Principal
16.1.4  TᵢG  replied to  Phoenyx13 @16.1.3    5 years ago

Well you know my view on this Phoenyx, I am a big advocate of critical thinking.   I very much oppose simply accepting things as true out of convenience or because the claim is something one wants to be true.

Hoping that something is true is one thing.   Believing something is true based solely on words by other human beings (ancient or not) has historically caused all sorts of problems and continues to do so in modern times.

As I have noted before as a contemporary extreme example, a suicide bomber is quite likely believing something is true based solely on what other human beings have said and not as a result of critical thinking.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
16.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Phoenyx13 @16    5 years ago
who committed that grave sin that forced "God" to give us Trump for President ?!

<raises hand slowly>

I...I...think it might be my fault

Tessylo
Professor Principal
16.2.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @16.2    5 years ago

Bad girl!  jrSmiley_68_smiley_image.png

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
16.2.2  Phoenyx13  replied to  Trout Giggles @16.2    5 years ago
I...I...think it might be my fault

WHAT ?! what on earth did you do ?!?!?!? ( and for the record, if you are going to do something that bad, just do it twice, it's way more fun jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif )

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
16.2.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Phoenyx13 @16.2.2    5 years ago

I wore white after Labor Day

epistte
Junior Guide
16.2.4  epistte  replied to  Trout Giggles @16.2.3    5 years ago

You are a rebel. Emily Post would have you flogged.

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
16.2.5  Phoenyx13  replied to  Trout Giggles @16.2.3    5 years ago
I wore white after Labor Day

you had better start   jrSmiley_11_smiley_image.gif now !!!  i'm sure you will be condemned by many of the religious and you'll never ever ever ever ever get to heaven for committing this grievous sin ! ( no matter how hard you try ! ) jrSmiley_68_smiley_image.png