╌>

Poll Shows Americans Trust Nancy Pelosi More Than President Donald Trump

Category:  Op/Ed

Via:  krishna  •  5 years ago  •  65 comments

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Pelosi should send the GOP roses

The latest  Quinnipiac poll shows , “American voters trust House Speaker Nancy Pelosi more than President Donald Trump, 49 - 42 percent ‘on issues that are important to you.’ . . . Independent voters trust Pelosi more than President Trump 49 - 36 percent.” There is a substantial gender gap, with men preferring Trump by a small margin, and women preferring Pelosi 54-37 percent. Trump has over 80 percent backing from his party; Pelosi has over 90 percent.

Judging from this and the president’s nose-dive during the shutdown, he might want to avoid tangling with Pelosi, at least in the short term. There really is no good news here for Republicans:

Trump and Republicans in Congress are responsible for the partial government shutdown, 56 percent of voters say, as 34 percent say Democrats are responsible. 

American voters trust Democrats in Congress more than President Trump “on the issue of border security” 50 - 41 percent. Independent voters trust Democrats more [at] 50 - 37 percent. 

Democrats in Congress have a negative 38 - 57 percent job approval rating, their best grade since a negative 38 - 50 percent approval rating in a July 2, 2009 survey. Republicans in Congress get a negative 30 - 65 percent job approval rating . . . Trump gets a negative 38 - 57 percent job approval rating, compared to a negative 41 - 55 percent score January 15.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago

As in prior polling, Trump rates horribly on some issues (37-58 percent on foreign policy and 38-59 percent on immigration), while he’s now slightly underwater on the economy. Trying to shut down the government again, or use emergency powers to get wall money, would almost certainly be a political disaster.

Americans oppose a wall (55-41 percent), don’t think it will significantly reduce crime (64-33 percent) or drugs (60-37 percent), and would not significantly decrease the amount of illegal drugs in the U.S., voters say, 60-37 percent.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago

Voters by a large margin (61-33 percent ) favor border security with no wall, and by an even greater margin oppose his use of executive, so-called  “emergency” powers  (66-31 percent).

Finally, “American voters also oppose 68 - 26 percent shutting down the government to get funding for a wall. Shutting down the government for leverage in policy disagreements is ‘inappropriate,’ voters say 79 - 16 percent.”

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Krishna @2    5 years ago

We don't govern by polls.

If we did, the PPACA would have never been passed.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.2  Ronin2  replied to  dennis smith @2.1.1    5 years ago

If we governed by polls the PPACA would never have been passed. 

luther28
Sophomore Silent
3  luther28    5 years ago

As Mr. Trumps credibility factor hoovers somewhere around zero or less, this would come as no surprise.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  luther28 @3    5 years ago

As Mr. Trumps credibility factor hoovers somewhere around zero or less, this would come as no surprise.

And it may actually get much worse as more and more Republicans are really starting to become even moreannoyed over Trump's betrayal of the country on the real issue re: national security:

Trump Calls His Own Intel Chiefs 'Extremely Passive And Naive'

Trump on Wednesday lashed out at his own intelligence chiefs a day after they gave a Senate committee assessments of foreign threats that radically differed from his own.

On Tuesday, the directors of the CIA, the FBI, the National Security Agency and national intelligence testified publicly before the Senate Intelligence Committee that China and Russia currently pose the biggest risks to the United States.

Their views on relations with North Korea, Iran and Syria were conspicuously at odds with what Trump has said about those countries ( Read it all)

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4  Sparty On    5 years ago

Yes and most polls showed Trump losing to Hillary in 2016 ...... yawn!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @4    5 years ago

Rump had a little help . . . yawn!  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @4.1    5 years ago

Yawn ..... snoring now ......

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.1.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Tessylo @4.1    5 years ago

So did HRC and she still lost...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @4.1.2    5 years ago

What help did Hillary get?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @4.1.2    5 years ago

I know! 

Comey exonerated their darling old Abuela and she still lost!

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.1.5  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.3    5 years ago

Well, Barak Obama, the DNC, Bernie Sanders, and George Soros come to mind off the top of my head. I am sure there are many more...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @4.1.5    5 years ago

Being given debate questions in advance?

The Justice Dept. turning a blind eye to her?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @4.1.5    5 years ago

How did they help Hillary?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.9  Tessylo  replied to    5 years ago
'From all those favor seeking donations to her campaign by influence seeking foreign countries and their corrupt rulers. The Russians wanted her elected because they knew she would be easily bullied and pushed around. China, North Korea, and Iran wanted her elected because they knew she wound not challenge them.'

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Talk about completely ass backwards.  

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4.1.10  Dismayed Patriot  replied to    5 years ago
The Russians wanted her elected

“President Putin, did you want President Trump to win the election and did you direct any of your officials to help him do that?”

“Yes, I did. Yes, I did. Because he talked about bringing the U.S.–Russia relationship back to normal.”

I'm not sure how it can be any more clear than a direct admission from Putin himself in Helsinki. Why do you have such a hard time accepting the truth? Putin wanted Trump to win, spent $1.25 million a month on the social media propaganda blitz in Trumps favor, illegally hacked the DNC and stole emails which he then released the same day Trumps infamous bus tape came out (coincidence? I think not), and now openly admits he wanted Trump to win and directed his people to help Trump surreptitiously.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1.11  seeder  Krishna  replied to    5 years ago

The Russians wanted her elected because they knew she would be easily bullied and pushed around.

Link?

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
4.1.13  Studiusbagus  replied to  Krishna @4.1.11    5 years ago

Look out there on the horizon.

See that plume of dust?

That's Wally running away from his comment.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.1.14  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.8    5 years ago

Campaigning for her, campaign fund contributions, and endorsements just to name a few...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.15  Tessylo  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @4.1.5    5 years ago

But Rump had help from Putin and Fux 'news' with their 24/7 all Rump propaganda network

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
4.1.16  livefreeordie  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.15    5 years ago

And CNN and MSNBC weren’t working around the clock for Hillary?

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.1.17  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  livefreeordie @4.1.16    5 years ago

You beat me to the punch on that one.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
4.1.18  arkpdx  replied to  livefreeordie @4.1.16    5 years ago

And CBS and NBC and ABC and the NY Times and others were all in the bag for Hillary 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.1.19  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  arkpdx @4.1.18    5 years ago

Don't forget The Washington Post and The Huffington Post either...

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.1.20  cjcold  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @4.1.5    5 years ago

The far right Koch brothers are (and have been for a long time) the largest contributors to fascism.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1.21  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @4.1.14    5 years ago

Campaigning for her, campaign fund contributions, and endorsements just to name a few...

Links?

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.1.22  bugsy  replied to  livefreeordie @4.1.16    5 years ago
And CNN and MSNBC weren’t working around the clock for Hillary?

Even Cuomo said on air CNN has done everything they could to help Hillary.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.1.23  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Krishna @4.1.21    5 years ago

Oh come on, you are smarter than that. I don't think Obama, Soros, Bernie, and other progressives campaigned for Trump. It is somewhat redundant to ask for links to something everybody knows already..

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5  It Is ME    5 years ago

I believe it !!!!! jrSmiley_18_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_87_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

10/19/2016 02:54 PM EDT

" Hillary Clinton has a 7-point lead over Donald Trump nationally, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released Wednesday."

jrSmiley_89_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1  Texan1211  replied to  It Is ME @5    5 years ago

Gee, I wonder whatever happened to that 7 point lead?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1    5 years ago
Gee, I wonder whatever happened to that 7 point lead?

Quinnipiac got out side of the California and New York borders and found it wasn't Prudent for their agenda.

Ooooops !

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  It Is ME @5.1.1    5 years ago

I just wonder how long before we hear all the usual "Well, the polls were spot on and showed Hillary winning the popular vote by 2-3 points, which she did" claptrap?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1.3  It Is ME  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.2    5 years ago
I just wonder how long before we hear all the usual

It's already started !

Kamala De'Vil can beat Trump....according tooooooo…….. hmmmmmm. jrSmiley_87_smiley_image.gif

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  It Is ME @5    5 years ago

" Hillary Clinton has a 7-point lead over Donald Trump nationally, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released Wednesday."

While the exact percentage varied from day to day, ( another poll a day or two before the poll you choose might have given her only a 5% point lead-- or an 8% pt lead) the fact is that the final results (the actual vote on election day) was easily won by Hillary-- by close to 3 million votes!:

Hillary Clinton wins 2,864,974 more votes than Donald Trump, final US election count shows

So Hillary did in fact win the election. 

(Obviously the reason she didn't get to win the office of president was because of our strange Electoral College system which occasionally allows the loser of the election to hold office).                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Krishna @5.2    5 years ago

So Hillary did not win. She lost like every other candidate who failed to get the required number of electoral votes, as required by law.

Now, if the popular vote is some sort of second place trophy for her, have fun polishing it up for her.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6  Tessylo    5 years ago

Comey didn't exonerate Hillary.  How foolish

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7  Tessylo    5 years ago

Looks like someone got their emoji privileges back.  Abuse them and lose them!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @7    5 years ago

jrSmiley_96_smiley_image.png jrSmiley_95_smiley_image.png jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg jrSmiley_43_smiley_image.gif

Kinda like that?

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

I just could not resist

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.1    5 years ago

You so silly!

Love it!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8  Texan1211    5 years ago

Comey decided not to prosecute Hillary Clinton.

She should thank him for that.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9  Tessylo    5 years ago

There was nothing to prosecute  her for.  

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
10  Jack_TX    5 years ago
American voters trust House Speaker Nancy Pelosi more than President Donald Trump, 49 - 42 percent

She holds a 7% trust lead over a NY real estate developer who may very well be the least trustworthy person in America.

The fact is there was no question on the poll to accurately reflect the true opinions of the American public.

Those questions would go:

1. Rank your trust of Donald Trump from 1-5, with 1 being "not as far as I could shit him" and 5 being "wouldn't leave him alone with my teenage daughter."
  2. Rank your trust of Nancy Pelosi from 1-5 with 1 being "not as far as I could shit her" and 5 being "never met a dollar she didn't want to tax".

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
12  Jeremy Retired in NC    5 years ago

Central Americans maybe.  

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
13  arkpdx    5 years ago

Hillary must really be bad! Polls taken just before the 2016 election showed her being even less trustworthy than Trump.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
13.1  cjcold  replied to  arkpdx @13    5 years ago

So you send people to a redirect Russian blog site? How telling that move is.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
13.1.1  arkpdx  replied to  cjcold @13.1    5 years ago

TIME is a Russian blog?