╌>

Democrat Governor Ralph Northam Refuses To Resign After Racist Photo Emerges

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  badfish-hd-h-u  •  5 years ago  •  243 comments

Democrat Governor Ralph Northam Refuses To Resign After Racist Photo Emerges

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Amid calls from an increasing number of political figures and organizations to step down, embattled Virginia Democratic Governor Ralph Northam refused to resign in a message he delivered to the public on Friday night as the blowback from his racist KKK and blackface photo continued to gain momentum.

"My fellow Virginians, earlier today I released a statement apologizing for behavior in my past that falls far short of the standard you set for me when you elected me to be your governor," Northam said. "I believe you deserve to hear directly from me."

"I am committed to continuing that fight through the remainder of my term and living up to the expectations you set for me when you elected me to serve," Northam said in a video

The photo, from Northam's 1984 yearbook at Eastern Virginia Medical School, became public early Friday afternoon after multiple media outlets reported on it.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

pat wilson
Professor Participates
2  pat wilson    5 years ago

He will be gone in 24 hours or less, maybe as we speak.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2  Texan1211  replied to  pat wilson @2    5 years ago

Uh, no.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     5 years ago

He's history and good riddance.

charger 383
Professor Silent
4  charger 383    5 years ago

Political Correctness run amuck.  I didn't vote for him but don't think he should quit, mostly because I'm tired of people digging up old stuff people did years ago.   

He knew this was out there and somebody was waiting for time to spring it.  Northern should have been prepared and maybe brought it out himself

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1  Texan1211  replied to  charger 383 @4    5 years ago

I tend to agree with that.

Something done 30+ years ago--just like in the Kavanaugh hearings---is old news. Are we assuming that people don't change over time?

It will be interesting to see comments here, though, especially in light of what his quote in the yearbook was---"there are more old drunks than old doctors in this world, so I think I'll have another beer".

charger 383
Professor Silent
4.1.1  charger 383  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1    5 years ago

I do like that quote, In fact I am going to follow Doctor's orders right now

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  charger 383 @4.1.1    5 years ago

LMAO!

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4.1.3  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1    5 years ago

It was the 1980s, not the 1950s, he was 25..... he should have known better.  There were other "Cool" costumes he and his buddy could have come up with back then.

You are accountable for everything you do in life.  And no..... Kavanaugh should never have been nominated nor confirmed for his past. 

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
4.1.4  Studiusbagus  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4.1.3    5 years ago

Absolutely correct!

If that was the "go to" costume, it was also the "go to" attitude.

Life has consequences for your actions.

He should own up and resign.  Not because he did this but because he did this and didn't come forward with it in the first place. Either way he was taking a risk. He gambled wrong.

Time to go.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4.1.3    5 years ago

I don't hold things against people their entire lives.

When we are young, sometimes we do things we wouldn't dream of doing when we are 40.

But I would like to know how this affects his job performance in any way.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
4.1.7  Cerenkov  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4.1.3    5 years ago

He had no past except as a well respected judge. Anything else was demonstrated to be liberal slander.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
6  Perrie Halpern R.A.    5 years ago

What I would like to know (being one of the yearbook editors) is who allowed this in the yearbook? Yikes! Nice High School. 

charger 383
Professor Silent
6.1  charger 383  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6    5 years ago

"Northam's 1984 yearbook at Eastern Virginia Medical School,"   from article

yearbook editors of a medical school were happy with it in 1984  

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.1.2  Split Personality  replied to  charger 383 @6.1    5 years ago

There were only 40 people in his graduating class.

charger 383
Professor Silent
6.1.3  charger 383  replied to  Release The Kraken @6.1.1    5 years ago

It might serve Democrats right for political correctness to take out one of their rising stars. But if everybody who ever did something that was accepted years ago but then somebody later said is bad now is taken out, real assholes that never even farted in public will take over 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
6.1.6  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Kathleen @6.1.5    5 years ago

Well, maybe the media isn't as bias as some think they are. I think that there are still honest news agencies out there. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1.9  Krishna  replied to  Kathleen @6.1.7    5 years ago

Unfortunately, I have not been a big fan of the media lately.

But what about Fox News-- aren't they (unlike the "liberal media") reporting the facts? Aren't they the only ones to do so?

(Well, except for a few people of great character and integrity, such as Rush Limbaugh and Anne Coulter :-)

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
6.2  sandy-2021492  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6    5 years ago

It was his medical school.  And sadly, it happens.  I mentioned on another discussion that my senior yearbook has a pic of two of my classmates doing the Nazi salute, and it had to have been approved by the editor and yearbook advisor.

charger 383
Professor Silent
7  charger 383    5 years ago

This was brought out now because of his resent statement on abortion.   I'm sure somebody was just holding this for time that suited them

Split Personality
Professor Guide
7.2  Split Personality  replied to  charger 383 @7    5 years ago

probably...

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8  Sean Treacy    5 years ago

Lucky for him, he didn’t he mention a drinking game. Or, heaven forbid, a picture of him smirking.

The democrats would already have  impeached and probably arrested him for that.

charger 383
Professor Silent
8.1  charger 383  replied to  Sean Treacy @8    5 years ago

He did say he was going to have a beer

Split Personality
Professor Guide
8.1.1  Split Personality  replied to  charger 383 @8.1    5 years ago

Me too.

"Imported Rolling Rock"

Well, it's imported in Texas. 

Still cheaper than all of these micro breweries....

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
8.1.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  charger 383 @8.1    5 years ago

Beer makes everything better.

Ender
Professor Principal
8.1.4  Ender  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @8.1.2    5 years ago

A beer summit !

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
8.1.5  Paula Bartholomew  replied to    5 years ago

"Nothing burps better than bacon." (Al Bundy)

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
10  bbl-1    5 years ago

If I were Northam I would not resign.  Why should he?  "I like beer" and "Do you blackout" qualifies for Supreme Court.  Considering Charlottesville, Pittsburgh Synagogue shootings and all the rest, this is just another instance of another instance of another instance.  And a minor one at that.  "Grab em' by the puffy" slides.  No big deal, right? 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
10.1  Split Personality  replied to  bbl-1 @10    5 years ago

While I may not agree with the logic, I agree with the conclusion.

He should not resign.

But it's inevitably his decision, right or wrong;

just another car accident in super slow motion;

will the driver survive?

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
10.1.1  bbl-1  replied to  Split Personality @10.1    5 years ago

The others I alluded to did.

charger 383
Professor Silent
12  charger 383    5 years ago

Things in the Virginia legislature are going to get interesting, it started in January and ends in February.   

Tacos!
Professor Guide
13  Tacos!    5 years ago

He was in high school, right? Is this really important? Kids play at stuff or dress in costumes all the time that they might not if they were older or led different lives. They don't get the gravity of a lot of things. I'm sure for the kids in this photo, the implications of their costumes were just not something they could relate to at the time.

There is always the chance that someone could be uncomfortable with someone's costume. We have to decide if we're going to get upset about or maybe realize it's just a costume.

Meanwhile, we have an almost 35 years of intervening history to examine. Does this guy have a record of being a racist? If not, maybe we could put a high school costume in its proper perspective.

Still not ok, you say? That's an opinion and one people are entitled to. I just see a costume. Very few people alive today have actually experienced blackface as it was known in the 19th century - or even Amos n Andy for that matter. Very few people alive today have been terrorized for real by KKK in white hoods. People also get in trouble for dressing like nazis, but they were defeated over 70 years ago now. That's a long time.

When will it be ok to dress up as those people so we can laugh at them? We do that with other people who terrified their contemporaries. People dress as Napoleon. As Jack the Ripper. As Genghis Khan. As Julius Caesar. You might find those irrelevant comparisons, but they each were notorious killers in their day. How about just classic executioner costumes?

How about this toddler dressed as a bong? (I'm guessing accompanied by Mother of the Year.)

a-baby-bong-photo-u1?w=650&q=60&fm=pjpg&

Kavika
Professor Principal
13.1  Kavika   replied to  Tacos! @13    5 years ago
He was in high school, right?

No, it was his medical school year book and he was 25 years old at the time.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
13.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  Kavika @13.1    5 years ago
his medical school year book and he was 25 years old at the time

Meh. Either way. 25 is still young. And it's still just a costume. It's probably not a costume I would have chosen for myself, but I'm sure I've worn something else that made someone uncomfortable. I was Jesus once in my early 20s, complete with thorns on my head, holes in wrists and feet and lots of blood. I'm pretty sure one or two people didn't love that. 

Another time my wife and I were zombies with lots of open sores, worms coming out of our faces, and so on. We scared a few toddlers pretty good who were trick or treating. I felt kinda bad, but I don't hate kids or worship the undead. It's just a costume.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
13.1.2  Split Personality  replied to  Kavika @13.1    5 years ago

Still, incomplete as far as frontal lobes go, maybe, maybe another year.

As I posited earlier. Once you start treating actual patients of different ethnicities, your outlook begins to change.

The formulas for preventing shock due to blood loss, low temperature trauma don't vary by skin color.

That's very sobering and maturing......

just suggesting that he changed a great deal after starting to practice military medicine...

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
13.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Tacos! @13    5 years ago

OK where do you guys find this stuff. Do you google bong outfit for toddlers? 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
13.2.1  Tacos!  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @13.2    5 years ago
OK where do you guys find this stuff.

LOL. Thank God for the internet. You can find pretty much anything.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
13.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tacos! @13    5 years ago

He was no high school kid back then.  He was in medical school at the time.

Kavika
Professor Principal
14  Kavika     5 years ago

Last week the Secretary of State of Florida resigned after photo of him in blackface became public. 

Happy that he is no longer in public office in Florida. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
14.1  Kavika   replied to  Kavika @14    5 years ago

Here is another one from Florida...

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
14.1.1  Studiusbagus  replied to  Kavika @14.1    5 years ago

Ya know what?

I vehemently opposed DeSantis. Now, I'm not sure if he's pandering, or genuine yet but so far I'm liking the way he's handling things.

PJ
Masters Quiet
16  PJ    5 years ago

This picture should broaden Northam's re-electability by bringing in Trump supporters.  He should stay the course because it's okay to be racists in today's America. [deleted]

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
16.1  KDMichigan  replied to  PJ @16    5 years ago
Trump supporters.
voted for and continue to support Trump.

Someone seems to have Trump on the brain.

But what does President Trump have to do with a governor who is  demonstrating Democrat roots?

The pig Hillaryious Hillary has made more racist comments than Trump ever will. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
16.1.3  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Kathleen @16.1.2    5 years ago

agreed Kathleen

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
16.1.4  Studiusbagus  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @16.1.3    5 years ago

Don't fall for her trap Perrie.

First she sucks you in with an intelligent deduction...

Then....she whispers in your ear...begging you to declare your favorite ice cream.

By the time her influence wears off you are too fat to go vote and she and her cohorts move in for world domination!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
16.1.5  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Studiusbagus @16.1.4    5 years ago

OMG... Must....fight... the... urge...... 

Help me!

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
16.1.7  Studiusbagus  replied to  Kathleen @16.1.6    5 years ago

Yessss my caloric queeeen...your dish is my commannnnnd

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
16.1.9  Studiusbagus  replied to  Kathleen @16.1.8    5 years ago

You are good at these lighthearted polls.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
16.1.10  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @16.1.5    5 years ago

"Bring me something deep fried and smothered in chocolate." (The Fairy Godmother...Shrek 2)

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
18  Sean Treacy    5 years ago

Northam will go because he’s expendable. A liberal democrat  will replace him.   National democrats don’t care about the Governor  of Virginia. Were he a senator from a state with a Republican Governor, an apology would suffice.

Ender
Professor Principal
21  Ender    5 years ago

How he could possibly think this would never come out...

I am surprised it took this long.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
21.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  Ender @21    5 years ago

Like charger, I find the timing suspicious.  It comes right after he was vilified and his words were taken out of context about late-term abortion.  Somebody was striking while the iron was hot.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
21.1.2  KDMichigan  replied to  sandy-2021492 @21.1    5 years ago
I find the timing suspicious.

Wow you mean someone used a democrat tactic on him? say it isn't so.

Of course now he denies it was him.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
21.1.3  sandy-2021492  replied to  KDMichigan @21.1.2    5 years ago
Wow you mean someone used a democrat tactic on him?

I'm not aware that this is exclusively a Democratic tactic.

Yes, he's denying it.  No, he shouldn't be.  Of course, that's hardly a novel approach, either, is it?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
21.1.4  Jasper2529  replied to  sandy-2021492 @21.1    5 years ago
his words were taken out of context about late-term abortion

Northam's words weren't taken out of context. He never referred to a "clump of cells" or a "fetus" and specifically stated infant more than once.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
21.1.5  sandy-2021492  replied to  Jasper2529 @21.1.4    5 years ago

And many choose to believe that he advocates for abortion during labor or killing infants after birth.

He did not.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
21.1.7  Jasper2529  replied to  sandy-2021492 @21.1.5    5 years ago
And many choose to believe that he advocates for abortion during labor or killing infants after birth. He did not.

What do you think he meant when he said in the WTOP interview when he said:

“So in this particular example if a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen, the infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother.”

He never condemned it. Period. Full stop.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
21.1.8  sandy-2021492  replied to  Jasper2529 @21.1.7    5 years ago

I notice that you left out some key phrases, aka context:

Northam told WTOP that late-term abortions are “done in cases where there may be severe deformities. There may be a fetus that’s not viable. So in this particular example, if a mother’s in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen. The infant would be delivered, the infant would be kept comfortable, the infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired. And then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother.”

Surely you're aware that, unfortunately, things can go wrong during pregnancy.  Some of those things that can go wrong are incompatible with life.  Sometimes, those things that go wrong are discovered late in the pregnancy, or perhaps even occur late in the pregnancy.  And then some hard decisions have to be made, same as would happen if you or I were critically ill or injured and unlikely to survive without ongoing extreme measures.

He didn't say a fetus or infant would be aborted during labor.  He said that if the mother's in labor, the infant would be delivered, kept comfortable, and resuscitated.  That's not an abortion, and that's not killing the infant after birth, any more than discontinuing life support on a terminally ill adult is killing them.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
21.1.9  Sean Treacy  replied to  sandy-2021492 @21.1.8    5 years ago
, kept comfortable, and resuscitated

And then what happens?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
21.1.10  sandy-2021492  replied to  Sean Treacy @21.1.9    5 years ago

Read the rest of the quote.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
21.1.11  Sean Treacy  replied to  sandy-2021492 @21.1.10    5 years ago

I did. 

What do you think it means? 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
21.1.12  sandy-2021492  replied to  Sean Treacy @21.1.11    5 years ago

Some families will choose extreme measures to prolong life, and some won't. You know that these are babies with severe health issues, right?  Babies whose conditions make them unlikely to live without extraordinary measures to keep them breathing?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
21.1.14  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  sandy-2021492 @21.1.12    5 years ago

I have had patients die and the persons who have medical decision making for them had requested a DNR order (Do Not Resuscitate).  As I worked in the Army Burn Center (San Antonio TX) at the time, we all understood why DNR orders were often used.  When you have someone who is 80% burned, suffering systematic organ failure, and in so much pain that morphine is no more effective than if they took aspirin.  We had one lovely gentleman who was epicenter to a bomb explosion.  Although his injuries were severe, the doctors said that he would heal in time, it was like he inhaled all the heat generated by the explosion totally destroyed his lungs.  Back then lung transplants were not done, so he would be on a  respirator for the rest of his life.  The rest of his story is long so I will save it for another time.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
21.1.15  sandy-2021492  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @21.1.14    5 years ago

Just so.

Sometimes, letting our loved ones go is the most merciful thing we can do.  It's one of the hardest decisions a family has to make for a loved one, but some, sadly, are forced to do so.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
22  Tacos!    5 years ago

He's now claiming he's not in that photo and doesn't know why it's on his page in the yearbook.

“That is not my picture. That is not my person in that picture,” Northam told reporters at the Executive Mansion in Richmond.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
23  Nowhere Man    5 years ago

The list calling for him to resign is getting longer and longer by the hour....

• The Legislative Black Caucus.
  • Tom Perez, chairman of the Democratic National Committee.
  • State Sen. L. Louise Lucas (D-Portsmouth).
  • Planned Parenthood.
  • The State Democratic Party
  • Democratic leadership in the General Assembly.
  • Former Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D)
  • Sen. Elizabeth Warren (Mass.)
  • Sen. Kamala D. Harris (Calif.)
  • Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (N.Y.)
  • Sen. Cory Booker (N.J.)
  • Julián Castro, a former mayor of San Antonio.
  • Derrick Johnson, president of the NAACP.
  • Virginia Attorney General Mark R. Herring (D), who plans to run for governor in 2021.
  • Sen. Tim Kaine (D Vir.)
  • Sen. Mark R. Warner (D Vir.)
  • Virginia state legislature’s Black Caucus
  • Jack Wilson, chairman of the Republican Party of Virginia, said Northam should step down.
  • Vivian Paige, a longtime democrat political activist in Norfolk
  • Bob Holsworth, a veteran analyst of Virginia politics
  • Rep. Abigail Spanberger
  • Rep. Elaine Luria
  • Rep. A. Donald McEachin
  • Virginia House Speaker Kirk Cox (R-Colonial Heights)
  • Vir. Senate Majority Leader Thomas K. Norment Jr. (R-James City)
  • Vir. Senate Minority Leader Richard L. Saslaw (D-Fairfax)

Last week, Michael Ertel, Florida’s secretary of state, resigned after the emergence of photos from 2005 of him in blackface, apparently mimicking victims of Hurricane Katrina.

Resigning is the only intelligent thing to do.....

PJ
Masters Quiet
23.1  PJ  replied to  Nowhere Man @23    5 years ago

If that were your true position then you'd be demanding Trump and his racists nationalist Administration all resign.  

You have a double standard.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
23.1.1  Nowhere Man  replied to  PJ @23.1    5 years ago

Sweets, when they show pics of T-rump in blackface, I will demonstrate my lack of a double standard....

(after puking my guts out)

Until then my dear....

PJ
Masters Quiet
23.1.2  PJ  replied to  Nowhere Man @23.1.1    5 years ago

That makes no sense to me NWM.  You're saying that someone can be as verbally racists and institute racists policies as long as they do it in white face.......

(you walked right into that one.  jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif )

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
23.1.3  Nowhere Man  replied to  PJ @23.1.2    5 years ago
you walked right into that one.

Actually no I didn't.

As a libertarian, everyone is entitled to say whatever they wish. As repugnant many become with such freedom....

Putting on blackface (and acting like a ni**er) is an overt act and not speech in my opinion. (and most others opinions apparently) Identical situation to a black person putting on whiteface and acting like a cra**er......

No difference in my opinion....

The act belies the intent.....

I'm sorry that you can't understand the difference. I believe it is a fairly simple concept..... Free speech is wonderful until it becomes an actual act to disparage others.... No one has a right to do something to disparage others... T-rump hasn't got there yet..... Not too many democrats have either....

That's my opinion on the matter.....

Now we shall open the door and allow the haters their opinions.... (not you sweets, the rest of the maddening crowd)

PJ
Masters Quiet
23.1.4  PJ  replied to  Nowhere Man @23.1.3    5 years ago
No one has a right to do something to disparage others... T-rump hasn't got there yet..... Not too many democrats have either....

You have got to be kidding.  Puh-lease tell me you are pulling my leg to get a reaction.  hahahahaha

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
23.1.5  Cerenkov  replied to  PJ @23.1.4    5 years ago

TDS. There's no evidence of any racism in Trump's policies. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
23.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  PJ @23.1    5 years ago

Is Trump the topic?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
23.1.7  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Nowhere Man @23.1.3    5 years ago

No one has a right to do something to disparage others... T-rump hasn't got there yet.

He got there the day he openly mocked a disabled reporter.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
23.1.8  Nowhere Man  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @23.1.7    5 years ago
He got there the day he openly mocked a disabled reporter.

A very crass act, no doubt about that.......

The governor's act was also very crass. Until he put it in the yearbook, then it became an overt act.

There is a difference.....

Tessylo
Professor Principal
23.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  Nowhere Man @23.1.8    5 years ago
'then it became an overt act.'

You act like this is some criminal conspiracy.  

Northam needs to step down.  

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
23.1.10  Nowhere Man  replied to  Tessylo @23.1.9    5 years ago
Northam needs to step down.  

I've agreed with that 100% so what's your problem?

PJ
Masters Quiet
24  PJ    5 years ago

200.webp?cid=3640f6095c564fdf584b32424903ebee

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
24.1  Cerenkov  replied to  PJ @24    5 years ago

TDS

Texan1211
Professor Principal
24.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Cerenkov @24.1    5 years ago

TDS infects everything some people write, say and do.

Sad, isn't it?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
25  Hal A. Lujah    5 years ago

What a bizarre thing to tweet.  Coming from the pussy grabber in Chief, it basically admits that Democrats are the only party with scruples.

charger 383
Professor Silent
26  charger 383    5 years ago

Do you want to a minor win over an old picture at the cost of taking one of your better players out?  

I have not played chess for a long time but this seems like giving up the queen to save a pawn

This is getting more amusing that the saga of former VA Gov Bob McDonnell

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
26.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  charger 383 @26    5 years ago
This is getting more amusing that the saga of former VA Gov Bob McDonnell

This had me thinking of him, too.  Virginia can't get a break with her governors.

LynneA
Freshman Silent
27  LynneA    5 years ago

Northam should stop digging, just resign.  This is now, what is best for the Commonwealth of Virginia.  I trust they will determine the next steps.

Forgive him?  Ok, you can be forgiven and still own the consequences of your behavior.  We do it with children every day😉  Northam has met his 'time out' moment.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
28  It Is ME    5 years ago

These decades old picture "Framings" are getting a bit ridicules. I don't care who you are in the "City of Politics" ! It's just "STUPID" !

His "Lackadaisical" Radio comment on "Birthin them Babies to possibly killin' 'em later" was more Shocking to "ME" !

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
29  Sean Treacy    5 years ago

The Lt. governor is now accusing Governor Northam of planting the story of his alleged sexual assault with the media.

What a world.

PJ
Masters Quiet
29.1  PJ  replied to  Sean Treacy @29    5 years ago

The Lt. Governor shouldn't sweat this allegation at all.  In fact, it's a requirement in order to hold office these days.  Just ask the President.

PJ
Masters Quiet
29.1.2  PJ  replied to  Release The Kraken @29.1.1    5 years ago
His political party is of no consequence to the victim of his violent rape.

Calm down.  So what if he grabbed a little pussy here and there.  The only thing he did wrong was not having a Cohen of his owen.

After he slaps on some white face he'll have Trump's merry band of rebels voting for him too.  This little episode will boost his electability.  He's halfway to the WH.

charger 383
Professor Silent
30  charger 383    5 years ago

Who did worse the Gov or the Lt Gov?