╌>

Bill Maher Accused Of Making Fried Chicken Joke To Black Republican Congressman

Category:  News & Politics

By:  badfish-hd-h-u  •  5 years ago  •  130 comments

Bill Maher Accused Of Making Fried Chicken Joke To Black Republican Congressman
“That’s where you’d collect it, huh? Wow. By the Popeyes Chicken?”

Maher will be given a pass.

Via   Fox News:

Comedian Bill Maher was accused of racism after making a fried chicken joke to a Black Republican during an interview on Friday’s HBO show of “Real Time with Bill Maher.”

Texas Republican Rep. Will Hurd came on the show to discuss the border wall which he opposes, while the host went on to ask the congressman why he remains a member of the GOP and sides with “traitor” President Trump.

“I’m a Republican because I believe in limited government,” Hurd responded, prompting Maher to interject and accuse Republicans of not actually supporting smaller government.

“I’m just asking why you’re Republican? Because they’re not good at the debt, that was their big thing. You said limited government, they don’t do that.” Maher said. “What’s in it for you? What is in the Republican Party for you? You were in the CIA!”

Hurd responded: “I was in the CIA for almost a decade. I was the dude in the back alleys at four o’clock in the morning collecting intelligence on threats to the homeland.”

That’s when Maher made the joke, causing awkwardness on the set. “That’s where you’d collect it, huh? Wow. By the Popeyes Chicken?”

Keep reading…

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
3  Studiusbagus    5 years ago

He should just retire...period..

His desperate attempts at humor, let alone political humor are obvious. I stopped watching him at all over 10 years ago.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Studiusbagus @3    5 years ago

Actually, Maher has never been better.  He has grown more agitated over the fact that the atrocity known as the Trump presidency still exists.  Most sane credible people have the same concerns.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
3.1.2  Nowhere Man  replied to  Release The Kraken @3.1.1    5 years ago

True, but he is also a democrat, which excuses everything for some people....

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    5 years ago

Only four posts total to go off topic and bring Trump into it.

Good job John!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.3    5 years ago

Trump is by far he biggest topic on Maher's show every week. Evidently you never watch it.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.6  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.4    5 years ago

So?   

Was this seed about Trump?

C’mon John, don’t be a hypocrite.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.8  Sparty On  replied to  Release The Kraken @3.1.7    5 years ago

Yeah, it’s pretty amazing what people can convince themselves of if they try hard enough.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.9  JohnRussell  replied to  Release The Kraken @3.1.5    5 years ago

You don't understand what Maher is doing. That is not his problem.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.11  JohnRussell  replied to  Release The Kraken @3.1.10    5 years ago

On this forum we have people who defend statues of Confederate civil war figures as "history" that should not be disturbed.

Do such people know that almost all of these statues were erected long after the Civil War as a part of the "Lost Cause" mythology which was created decades after the war to justify the South?

Most of those statues could not be more racist in intent.

My point is that people often misunderstand what they are seeing.

Bill Maher dislikes the Republican party. He certainly dislikes Trump. And he probably doesn't approve of black Republicans. That doesn't make him racist.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.1.13  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.11    5 years ago
he probably doesn't approve of black Republicans. That doesn't make him racist.

Disapproving of a Republican because he's black and a Republican would absolutely make him racist. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.1.14  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.11    5 years ago

Maybe....but most of them were erected by Democratic lawmakers.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
3.1.15  KDMichigan  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.11    5 years ago

Gee JR you sure are a smart feller. You also forgot to mention that these racist statue were almost all erected by.....Democrats.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
3.2  Raven Wing  replied to  Studiusbagus @3    5 years ago
He should just retire...period.

Agree.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4  Jasper2529    5 years ago

I find Bill Maher neither humorous nor intelligent. However, I'm still trying to understand why fried chicken is such a "racist" trigger for some people. One of my grandmothers made the best fried chicken I've ever tasted, and she was white.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5  JohnRussell    5 years ago

Bill Maher lampoons stereotypes, and that is what he was doing with this passing comment. It is less than nothing.

He wasn't pegging Hurd with the "fried chicken" stereotype he was making fun of it.  The same thing when he used the n word a few years ago. Bill Maher is not a racist.  This is a desperate right wing attempt to muddy up someone who gets the best of them 52 Friday nights a year.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
5.2  A. Macarthur  replied to  JohnRussell @5    5 years ago

"Satire" -- the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.

"Mockery" -- teasing and contemptuous language or behavior directed at a particular person or thing:

"Irony" -- the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect

"Ignorance" -- lack of knowledge or information

"Feigned Ignorance" -- the pretense of being affected by (a feeling, state, or injury) … usually as a ruse to conceal one's inability to viably debunk something with which they do not wish to acknowledge

I think that covers it.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6  Tacos!    5 years ago

If this is supposed to be a funny joke, what's the point of it? Was Hurd supposed to laugh at this? "Ha Ha that's right. I'm black. Fried chicken. Ya got me." Why is that funny? How is that clever?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @6    5 years ago

I dont think I would characterize it as "funny" either. It was just a passing reference to the way blacks are stereotyped.

It certainly doesn't mean that Maher is racist.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.2.2  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2    5 years ago
It was just a passing reference to the way blacks are stereotyped.

Who - other than Maher himself - is stereotyping them? Was the topic of conversation "absurd stereotypes about black people?" It doesn't seem like it. It seems like - apropos of nothing - Maher decided to make a stereotypical joke about black people to a black man's face. I'm missing how that adds to the entertainment value of the show.

It certainly doesn't mean that Maher is racist.

What would? If Dennis Miller made this joke to Cory Booker's face, wouldn't liberal media be exploding over the racism?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.2.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Release The Kraken @6.2.1    5 years ago

Are you on the verge of holding your breath until I agree with you?

Maher makes fun of just about everyone. Including blacks. He attacks stereotypes.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.2.5  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.3    5 years ago
He attacks stereotypes.

I see no attack on a stereotype. Where in this joke is Bill being critical of a stereotype?

I'd say he's employing a stereotype. For his own amusement and - he hopes - the amusement of his audience (which doesn't say much for them either)

He's making fun of a man and his important professional history and he's doing it by attacking him based on his race.

Ender
Professor Principal
7  Ender    5 years ago

Is this guy still relevant?

Honestly I can't stand the pompous ass.

Every time I see a pic of him I just want to smack that ugly smirk off of his face.

I looked up his ratings, he averages a .3 in the demo. One day I looked had him at 1.7 mil. I think he averages around 1.5.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
8  Thrawn 31    5 years ago

I hope more comedians say racist shit lol. Watching those on the right pretend like they don't agree is funny. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9  Texan1211    5 years ago

They won't fire Maher over this.

He's been getting away with it under the excuse that he is a "comedian".

Besides, seems like one side gets lots of "news" from the like of Bill Maher and Saturday Night Live.

Whatever would they do without such a credible "news" source?

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
9.1  Cerenkov  replied to  Texan1211 @9    5 years ago

[Deleted]

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
9.1.1  Cerenkov  replied to  Cerenkov @9.1    5 years ago
(deleted)

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Cerenkov @9.1.1    5 years ago

jrSmiley_18_smiley_image.gif

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
10  bbl-1    5 years ago

Ah.  In the age of Birtherism and the word m---------er being inserted into the common vernacular I find it hilarious that the 'right wingers' are offended and demand anything form anybody for any reason. 

Holy Crackers! 

TTGA
Professor Silent
10.1  TTGA  replied to  bbl-1 @10    5 years ago
I find it hilarious that the 'right wingers' are offended and demand anything form anybody for any reason. 

I don't think that "offended" is the right term.  Amused might be closer, as when Leftists finally get the word that constantly screaming racism with little or no real cause is a double edged sword.  If they hand it out, they'd better be ready to get it back.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
10.1.1  bbl-1  replied to  TTGA @10.1    5 years ago

[Deleted]

TTGA
Professor Silent
10.1.2  TTGA  replied to  bbl-1 @10.1.1    5 years ago
Racism?  Oh.  But of course.  Run with it, its all the right wing has.

Of course that doesn't count the Right Wing ideas that are producing jobs and keeping the country safe. 

[Deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  bbl-1 @10.1.1    5 years ago

[Deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  Release The Kraken @10.1.4    5 years ago

jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

Perfect example?  Because you say so?

'Politically driven acquisitions of racism and they are seen heard everyday on thenewstalkers.'

What does this mean?  Do you even know?

WTF is a politically driven acquisition of racism?

Is it something Faux 'news' said, like 'process crimes'?

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
10.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  Release The Kraken @10.1.4    5 years ago
What we have hear is a perfect example of selective condemnation. Politically driven acquisitions of racism and they are seen heard everyday on thenewstalkers.
Check out the 16 year old kid we knew nothing about but declared a racist for his uncomfortable smirk. Take what you just wrote and reread the threads.

Now you've gone and done it.

Be prepared to spend hours explaining what some can't see.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  TTGA @10.1.2    5 years ago
'Of course that doesn't count the Right Wing ideas that are producing jobs and keeping the country safe.' 

'Ideas' don't produce jobs or keep the country safe.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
10.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  TTGA @10.1.2    5 years ago
Of course that doesn't count the Right Wing ideas that are producing jobs and keeping the country safe.
The Left Wing doesn't seem to have anything that works except Resist Trump, help criminals and cry racism, bigotry or misogyny whenever they get called out on them.

Resist Trump IS all they seem to have. Well, that, and a whole lot of whining. Think they are still just pissed off because:

A. Trump beat the Chosen Abuela?

B. The economy is doing fine for most of us working folks?

C. Obama couldn't run for a third term?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11  Texan1211    5 years ago

Some on the left are probably just scared Maher will get cancelled, and then wherever will they get their "news"?

bugsy
Professor Participates
11.1  bugsy  replied to  Texan1211 @11    5 years ago

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  bugsy @11.1    5 years ago

Removed for context

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12  Tessylo    5 years ago

How can one see what isn't there?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
12.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Tessylo @12    5 years ago
How can one see what isn't there?

With the naked eye, can we see ...

• the moon or a meteor shower on a very cloudy, overcast night?
  • an airplane when it's far above the clouds?
  • our exhaled breath on a temperate day or night?
  • an atom?
  • ultraviolet light?
  • gravity?

Yet, all of the above exist and are real.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @12.2    5 years ago

[Deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.2.3  Texan1211  replied to  Jasper2529 @12.2    5 years ago

While your post spoke volumes to some, others still will be confused.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
12.2.5  Jasper2529  replied to  Texan1211 @12.2.3    5 years ago
While your post spoke volumes to some, others still will be confused.

The smoke point is important to know when choosing an oil to fry chicken.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.2.6  Texan1211  replied to  Jasper2529 @12.2.5    5 years ago

I believe that if you mention Trump, the boiling point will be reached instantaneously.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
12.2.7  Jasper2529  replied to  Texan1211 @12.2.6    5 years ago
I believe that if you mention Trump, the boiling point will be reached instantaneously.

No doubt. But I still can't understand why people accused Bill Maher of being racist for his Popeye's Chicken comment. The company has stores in over 40 states! Do only black people go to them?  

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.2.8  bugsy  replied to  Jasper2529 @12.2    5 years ago

I can't believe someone flagged this comment. As I look at comments posted the same time as yours, there is only one lib on here.

I think those that flag FTF of it should get ticketed for wasting moderator time.

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.2.9  bugsy  replied to  Jasper2529 @12.2.7    5 years ago

I wouldn't call it racism, but just a bad situation using a stereotype of blacks liking fried chicken in a conversation where it had no need to be there. I don't know where the stereotype came from, it is a stupid one. There are millions of whites who enjoy fried chicken, and Popeyes in particular.

I'm a white guy and I visit my local Popeye's at least twice a month. Haven'y been to a KFC, Bojangles or Chrch's in years.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
12.2.10  Jasper2529  replied to  bugsy @12.2.8    5 years ago
I can't believe someone flagged this comment [ 12.2 ]. As I look at comments posted the same time as yours, there is only one lib on here. I think those that flag FTF of it should get ticketed for wasting moderator time.

That's how things roll on social media, bugsy. I don't worry about it.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
14  A. Macarthur    5 years ago

Speaking only for myself, I just take heart when right-wing media outlets and apologists for a self-acknowledged "pussy-grabber," caller of neo-nazis … "fine people," champion of xenophobes, employer, friend and vote-getter from white-supremacist-bigots, a racist housing discriminator, serial liar, incarcerator of children, apparent lap dog of foreign dictator-violators of human rights … defenders of their boy, "Jess Willard" … and … not to mention … their failing to mention and condemn (in the same manner as herein) the nazi bastard who ran over and murdered an innocent woman in Charlottesville, Virginia …

… I just take heart when they put on their right-wing, righteous-indignation-metaphorical-equal-rights hats, and have their come-to-Jesus moments with regard to racism, sexism and pure stupid shit behavior … doing so when a dumb-fuck liberal Democrat comedian, asshole Governor, and/or a Democrat Senator (ass/breast-grabber and kiss-stealer) get their just punishments and public/political condemnations!

I so hope that these are, at worst "blind squirrel" moments and not purely, political piss-in-our-faces and telling us "it's raining" Trumpisms!

Please, someone tell me these expressions of right-wing humanism are not merely "fake news."

NOTE: Think of this as a stand-alone article should it somehow fade from view.

Just sayin'

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
15  Perrie Halpern R.A.    5 years ago

For goodness sakes. The man used to have a show called "Politically Incorrect". This is what he does. And you are against being PC, so what is the issue? It's not like Maher hasn't been this way all along. You first posted a story about Mary Poppin's blackface to show how liberals are overly PC, then you go after a liberal who is not PC and call him a racist. You really need to make up your mind. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
15.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @15    5 years ago

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
15.2  Tessylo  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @15    5 years ago

jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
15.3  Raven Wing  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @15    5 years ago
You really need to make up your mind. 

Agree. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
15.4  Dulay  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @15    5 years ago
You really need to make up your mind. 

Yet he won't. Hypocrisy is oh so much easier. As are failed attempts at humor. Or at least the excuse at the attempt at humor. 

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
16  A. Macarthur    5 years ago

As a matter of respect, especially towards those with whom I disagree, I make it a point never to evade the answering of direct questions.

And more importantly, from time-to-time, I make it a point to state that, no matter how vehemently I may disagree with someone, it is never intended to be "personal".

Dulay
Professor Expert
16.1  Dulay  replied to  A. Macarthur @16    5 years ago

‘You’re a better man than I am, Gunga Din!’

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
16.1.1  A. Macarthur  replied to  Dulay @16.1    5 years ago

To each his own, my friend.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
17  A. Macarthur    5 years ago

When a liberal Democrat is found to have done something deemed politically incorrect , (in recent times, often the "finding" of political opposition research -- hacked, foreign and/or domestic … true or fabricated ), that individual is immediately repudiated as a hypocrite by his opposition outers, and, by other liberal Democrats , who publicly censure and shame their own. 

Conversely, when a right-wing, Republican conservative is found to have done something racist, sexist, xenophobic, and, thus considered politically incorrect, as Steve Bannon has advised , the perpetrator is awarded by the Republican base, a “badge of honor”!

Mar 10, 2018, 2:47 PM ET

Steve Bannon: 'Let them call you racist ... Wear it as a badge of honor'

Few phenomena in politics and life are any more Republican base-like , than the act of metaphorically pissing in the faces of the people and the media, and telling them “it’s raining”!

NOTE: Before the possibility of this comment being flagged as a "sweeping generalization," I urge readers to go back through this discussion and read each comment … to see "who-is-who" and "what-is-what," allowing such a search to determine whether or not I have made such a "generalization."

Sparty On
Professor Principal
17.1  Sparty On  replied to  A. Macarthur @17    5 years ago

Oh BS Mac.  

Its fallacious as hell alluding that someone like Bannon represents a Republican base.  

That's just as crazy as saying someone like Louis Farrakhan is representative of a Democrat base.   Clearly neither are.

That said, it IS a well known tactic of liberal groups like the "resist" movement to make disingenuous/fallacious arguments or accusations towards those who are not of like mind.   That's part and parcel for follks like that.   Especially these last two years.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
17.1.1  A. Macarthur  replied to  Sparty On @17.1    5 years ago
Its fallacious as hell alluding that someone like Bannon represents a Republican base.  

Disagree; Bannon, Breitbart, Trump, Gorka, Miller, Hannity, et al are indisputably the voices of the Republican base.

That's just as crazy as saying someone like Louis Farrakhan is representative of a Democrat base.   Clearly neither are.

Farrakhan is not acknowledged nor "sent out" as a spokesperson nor sycophant for Democrats; however, I readily concede that when he appears to be thus, it is an embarrassment if/when Democrats do no publicly repudiate and denounce him.

That said, it IS a well known tactic of liberal groups like the "resist" movement to make disingenuous/fallacious arguments or accusations towards those who are not of like mind.   That's part and parcel for follks like that.   Especially these last two years.

Do share with us that which the "resist" movement resists … if you don't … later on, I will.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
17.1.2  Sparty On  replied to  A. Macarthur @17.1.1    5 years ago
Disagree; Bannon, Breitbart, Trump, Gorka, Miller, Hannity, et al are indisputably the voices of the Republican base.

I disagree.   Do you feel like folks like Rahm Emanuel, Maddow, or the Daily Kos are the voice of the Democrat base?

Farrakhan is not acknowledged nor "sent out" as a spokesperson nor sycophant for Democrats; however, I readily concede that when he appears to be thus, it is an embarrassment if/when Democrats do no publicly repudiate and denounce him.

And neither is Bannon ..... well perhaps in Bannons mind he is but thats about it.

Do share with us that which the "resist" movement resists … if you don't … later on, I will.

In short, anything that resists the Trump Presidency.  

No regard for any damage done to anyone or anything else that happens to be in the path of their hatred for Trump.

Yeah, that's it in a nutshell.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
17.1.3  A. Macarthur  replied to  Sparty On @17.1.2    5 years ago

Disagree.   Do you feel like folks like Rahm Emanuel, Maddow, or the Daily Kos are the voice of the Democrat base?

If they are, they never advocate nor defend the hateful agenda items of Trump's base; no homophobia, xenophobia, sexism, racism, pussy-grabbing, Trump's "workday" schedule, incarcerating children, separating families, blocking legal access to petitioning for asylum and protected legal status, then arresting those they illegally denied entry, supporting candidates who approve lynching and having sex with minors and porn stars … nothing close.

And neither is Bannon ..... well perhaps in Bannons mind he is but thats about it.

Really? Where have you been so as not to know Bannon's connection to Trump?

In short, anything that resists the Trump Presidency.  

That's real short … so short it's a dodge, not a specific answer; if you're a critic of the resistance movement, at the very least, to be a credible one, you should have no trouble spelling out the specifics rather than foisting a one line summary dismissal of the question at hand.

No regard for any damage done to anyone or anything else that happens to be in the path of their hatred for Trump.

Yeah, that's it in a nutshell.

I didn't request a "nutshell" … if you actually are aware of the resistance's criticisms of trump, post them one-by-one and I'll respond with "agree" or "disagree," and explain precisely my reason for disagreeing!

I'll get you started … feel free to specifically rebut any/all:

1. He is poorly educated
  2. He has very little grasp of the responsibility of a president to unite people
  3. He dosen’t understand the importance of allies
  4. He has no understanding of the economy
  5. He ignores the ballooning national debt
  6. He won’t admit much less listen and learn from his mistakes
  7. He believes he is an expert on everything when in fact he is expert on nothing
  8. He is childish and prone to knee jerk tantrums
  9. He is so uninformed he believes he is telling the truth when in actuality he is spouting off misinformation
  10. He spends too much time trying to get the public to ignore his crimes by making up crimes of others that do not exist.

A very partial list of False statements involving Donald Trump

tom-false.png

Ignores proposals, laws, votes, facts

Just 11 more pages to go …

NOTE: I never bring "nutshells" to a serious debate … and I never bluff. Disagree by all means, but be ready to fill more than a nutshell with your disagreements.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
17.1.4  Sparty On  replied to  A. Macarthur @17.1.3    5 years ago

I gave you a valid "nutshell."   That you don't like or agree with it is not my problem.   And please Mac, if you're going to resort to veiled threats/insults we might as well stop this discussion right now.    Not interested if thats your purpose here.

But yes, i still disagree in concept with your original comment as i noted in my first response.   The bandwidth you wasted after that changes nothing related to Bannon and is just one more off topic extension of the Trump hate i spoke of.   Sad!

So back on topic and to summarize:

Bannon is no more the Republican base than people like Rahm or Maddow are for Dems.   All are on the extremes of their particular parties

Also if i might, please try to get your quoting technique under control.   Everything you are posting isn't a quote.   Or is that another sort of internet insult i'm not aware of?

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
17.1.5  A. Macarthur  replied to  Sparty On @17.1.4    5 years ago

You have not posted a rebuttal nor backed any of your dismissive statements with specific examples; further, you allege as “threats” that which you fail to recognize as characterizations of debate style that should be the standard, and, enter into ad hominem attacks on posting style.

I responded specifically to your every assertion and essentially challenged you to post particulars which I stated I would individually agree or disagree with ... promising to defend my disagreements with reasons.

”Nutshells” of information are something less than what a point-counter-point discussion adds positively to a “discussion” forum.

Ad hominem commentary and the use of flagging to attack positions to which the flagger disagrees, are making many NT discussions dysfunctional.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
17.1.6  Sparty On  replied to  A. Macarthur @17.1.5    5 years ago

My original comments stands on its own:

Few if any in the Republican base are going to Bannon for direction.   He may have been relevant at one time  but he's clearly irrelevant to the current base platform.   Therefore, does not represent the Republican base.    No amount of debate, attempted redirect or red herring injection is going to change that.   So that's it in another nutshell.   The nutshells are starting to pile up.   Perhaps you can get a nutshell cleanup in aisle five .....

What's is funny though, you accuse others here of Ad Hominem attacks while your style here is largely Ad Hominem.   That said i'm done with one but to be clear and as pointed out above.   My comment still stands on its own. 

Enjoy your day Mac ....

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
17.1.7  A. Macarthur  replied to  Sparty On @17.1.6    5 years ago
My original comments stands on its own:

Few if any in the Republican base are going to Bannon for direction.   He may have been relevant at one time  but he's clearly irrelevant to the current base platform.   Therefore, does not represent the Republican base.    No amount of debate, attempted redirect or red herring injection is going to change that.   So that's it in another nutshell.   The nutshells are starting to pile up.   Perhaps you can get a nutshell cleanup in aisle five .....

That is entirely speculative … you make a declarative pronouncement, then back it with another, namely …

"No amount of debate, attempted redirect or red herring injection is going to change that.   So that's it in another nutshell.   The nutshells are starting to pile up.   Perhaps you can get a nutshell cleanup in aisle five ..... "

Perhaps, instead of the sarcastic ad hominem, you can start being specific with your assertions … again, I asked you to list some of the specific objections to the so-called "resistance" … offered to discuss any/all with which I disagreed … and you failed to do so.

What's is funny though, you accuse others here of Ad Hominem attacks while your style here is largely Ad Hominem.   That said i'm done with one but to be clear and as pointed out above.   My comment still stands on its own. 

My style always states my positions with the particulars and my reasons for disagreeing with those whom and with that which I disagree; those who take that style personally need to ask themselves why they see point-counterpoint discussion as shooting the messenger rather than shooting holes in the message.

Enjoy your day Mac ....

And you do the same.

FYI: Bannon and the Trump base: While Bannon is no longer part of the Trump Administration, he still preaches its politics and ideology.

I could go on, and will if you continue to doubt …

But what about one of your previous assertions …

Disagree.   Do you feel like folks like Rahm Emanuel, Maddow, or the Daily Kos are the voice of the Democrat base?

My response to which was/is …

If they are, they never advocate nor defend the hateful agenda items of Trump's base; no homophobia, xenophobia, sexism, racism, pussy-grabbing, Trump's "workday" schedule, incarcerating children, separating families, blocking legal access to petitioning for asylum and protected legal status, then arresting those they illegally denied entry, supporting candidates who approve lynching and having sex with minors and porn stars … nothing close.

Further … are you seriously in doubt as to the Trump-trumpeting of the "voices" of those I specified?

Anyway … it's just a political disagreement … it's not personal. 

Peace.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
17.1.8  Sparty On  replied to  A. Macarthur @17.1.7    5 years ago

Thx, have a good one