╌>

Elizabeth Warren Claimed On Her State Bar Of Texas Application Her Race Was ‘American Indian’

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  badfish-hd-h-u  •  5 years ago  •  192 comments

Elizabeth Warren Claimed On Her State Bar Of Texas Application Her Race Was ‘American Indian’

Washington Post broke the story yesterday.

She never used the claim for anything.

Although Harvard listed her as Native American

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2  Sean Treacy    5 years ago

I assume Rachel Dolezal will be her running mate.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Sean Treacy @2    5 years ago

Too bad AOC won't be old enough. She's claimed to have grown up in a low income area as well as being Jewish. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.2    5 years ago

I hope AOC runs whenever she is eligible. Time for America to see her for what she truly represents.

Not only that, with her past history of having monumentally stupid things falling out of her piehole, debates should be hilarious!

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.2.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Texan1211 @2.2.1    5 years ago
I hope AOC runs whenever she is eligible.

2024, I think. 

Not only that, with her past history of having monumentally stupid things falling out of her piehole, debates should be hilarious!

She can show off her statesmanship talent and maturity like she did last night by dancing in circles while the audience chanted, "USA, USA, USA".

Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו
Junior Participates
2.2.3  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.2    5 years ago
She's claimed to have grown up in a low income area as well as being Jewish. 

Fresh new bullshit.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.4  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @2.2.3    5 years ago

Most of what falls out of her piehole is bullshit.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.2.5  Jasper2529  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @2.2.3    5 years ago
Fresh new bullshit.  

Really?

1. She claimed to have lived in lower class area of the Bronx for many years, but facts show that her family moved to an upscale town in Westchester County when she was 5 and she went to that town's schools.
  2. She claimed to be a descendant of Sephardic Jews.

I'm not going to do research for you, so look it up yourself.

Junior Participates
2.2.7  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.2.5    5 years ago
I'm not going to do research for you, so look it up yourself.

Thanks for admitting that it was bullshit.  First you wrote above that she claimed to be Jewish but now you've revealed that it was lie by changing the wording to Jewish ancestry.  And that's entirely possible.  Try looking up the history of Jews in Spain both during the Moorish rule and their fate after it came under Christian domination.  Of course, you can always try to prove she doesn't have Jewish ancestry.  Good luck with that.  

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.2.8  Jasper2529  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @2.2.7    5 years ago

Your comments don't make sense, so as I did on a different seed, I will not longer try to translate your incoherent comments on this one. Go find another member to harass, because I will not take your bait.

IMPASSE.

Junior Participates
2.2.9  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @2.2.1    5 years ago
Not only that, with her past history of having monumentally stupid things falling out of her piehole,

If you only knew what a ricochet joke that comment is.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.10  Trout Giggles  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @2.2.3    5 years ago

I'm not even sure what AOC has to do with this seed

Ender
Professor Principal
2.2.11  Ender  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.2.10    5 years ago

It seems that trumps faux calls for bipartisanship has already sailed.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.12  Trout Giggles  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @2.2.7    5 years ago

I think you got the best of someone....anyway.....

Just for shits and grins:

Sephardi Jews , also known as Sephardic Jews or Sephardim ( Hebrew : סְפָרַדִּים ‬, Modern Hebrew: Sefaraddim , Tiberian: Səp̄āraddîm ; also יְהוּדֵי סְפָרַד Ye'hude Sepharad , lit. "The Jews of Spain", Spanish : Judíos sefardíes ), originally from Sepharad, Spain or the Iberian peninsula , are a Jewish ethnic division . They established communities throughout areas of modern Spain and Portugal , where they traditionally resided, evolving what would become their distinctive characteristics and diasporic identity, which they took with them in their exile from Iberia beginning in the late 15th century to North Africa , Anatolia , the Levant , Southeastern and Southern Europe , as well as the Americas , and all other places of their exiled settlement, either alongside pre-existing co-religionists, or alone as the first Jews in new frontiers. Their millennial residence as an open and organised Jewish community in Iberia began to decline with the Reconquista and was brought to an end starting with the Alhambra Decree by Spain's Catholic Monarchs in 1492, and then by the edict of expulsion of Jews and Muslims by Portuguese king Manuel I in 1496, [1] which resulted in a combination of internal and external migrations, mass conversions and executions.

AOC is Puerto Rican. It's plausible that many people of Spanish origin could claim Sephardic Jewish ancestry.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.13  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @2.2.9    5 years ago

Oh, so gems like "unemployment is so low because everyone is working two or three jobs" is golden to you, and makes PERFECT sense and logic, hmmm?

LMFAO!

Junior Participates
2.2.14  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.2.10    5 years ago
I'm not even sure what AOC has to do with this seed

It's their "got nothing, so just randomly lie and smear AOC" gambit. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3  Tessylo    5 years ago

Outrage of the du jour?  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4  Texan1211    5 years ago

Gee, whatever will Democrats do without the next Chosen One?

or will this be passed off as some mistake due to confusion over the question?

Junior Participates
4.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @4    5 years ago
Gee, whatever will Democrats do without the next Chosen One?

What is this about Dems and their "chosen ones" when it's  republicans who practice scumbag worship?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @4.1    5 years ago
What is this about Dems and their "chosen ones" when it's republicans who practice scumbag worship?

Ooh, sorry, don't have enough hours in the day to explain it to you.

Try next week, I may have more free time to waste.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
4.2  SteevieGee  replied to  Texan1211 @4    5 years ago

My ex wife always claimed to be part Choctaw.  Her mother claimed it. Her brother even used his heritage to get a sweet state job. It was always accepted that they had significant Choctaw in them.  My youngest son had his DNA run and, Surprise!, Not one drop of native blood.  I don't think there was any fraud here.  I think they honestly believed it to be true.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5  Texan1211    5 years ago

Poor Lizzy Warren.

Doomed to failure before she officially even launches her campaign.

No self-respecting Democrats could never bring themselves to vote for her now after her fraud has been exposed so openly.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @5    5 years ago
Poor Lizzy Warren.

Actually I believe she is quite wealthy.

Doomed to failure before she officially even launches her campaign.

How so?

No self-respecting Democrats could never bring themselves to vote for her now after her fraud has been exposed so openly.

Please provide Texas statute stating minimum percentage of DNA/genes that is required to claim minority status.

I also seem to remember another Presidential candidate who had committed fraud multiple times (steak, water, university, foundation, etc) that you still support.  Not terribly consistent are you?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @5.1    5 years ago
Actually I believe she is quite wealthy.

I am sure that she is. Poor has more than one meaning, you know?

worse than is usual, expected, or desirable; of a low or inferior standard or quality.
"many people are eating a very poor diet" · [more]
synonyms:
substandard · below standard · below par · bad · deficient · defective · [more]
(poor in)
deficient or lacking in.
"the water is poor in nutrients"
synonyms:
deficient in · lacking (in) · wanting (in) · short of/on · low on · [more]
(of a person) considered to be deserving of pity or sympathy.
"they inquired after poor Dorothy's broken hip"
synonyms:
unfortunate · unlucky · luckless · unhappy · hapless · ill-fated · [mor

And legal definition is far more important to you than to me. Look it up yourself if you are that interested. She claimed she is American Indian, and she is not.

And aren't you one of those always criticizing the current President, but are willing to ignore this?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.1.2  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.1    5 years ago
And legal definition is far more important to you than to me. Look it up yourself if you are that interested. She claimed she is American Indian, and she is not.

DNA tests say otherwise.  Since you are so desirous of "LEGAL DEFINITIONS", please provide the "LEGAL DEFINITION" of what makes up a minority.  Exactly what percentage must she have to be able to claim it?

Junior Participates
5.1.3  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.1    5 years ago
Poor has more than one meaning, you know?

Is there something you need to tell us that we don't already know?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.1.4  Jasper2529  replied to  Ozzwald @5.1.2    5 years ago
DNA tests say otherwise. 

Do we really need to go through this again? The Cherokee Nation elders already called her out on her bogus claim and she made a half-assed apology.

Now, we have even better concrete evidence that she has a long history of lying about her high cheekbone "heritage".

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @5.1.3    5 years ago

No idea what you know, nor do I particularly care. Maybe you can explain it better, but since my comment was not understood very well, I elaborated.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  Release The Kraken @5.1.6    5 years ago

Pobrecita for her!

But now you will have to explain what "poor" means in this context!

Junior Participates
5.1.8  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.1.4    5 years ago
Now, we have even better concrete evidence that she has a long history of lying about her high cheekbone "heritage".

If by lying, you mean she proved that she, in fact, does have Native American DNA.  She never, ever, EVER made any claim to tribal membership.  But you already know that and never intend to stop spreading the lies about it, right?  

Junior Participates
5.1.9  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.1.4    5 years ago

[deleted/taunting]

Junior Participates
5.1.10  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.5    5 years ago
but since my comment was not understood very well, I elaborated.

[deleted]

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.1.12  Ozzwald  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.1.4    5 years ago
Do we really need to go through this again? The Cherokee Nation elders already called her out on her bogus claim and she made a half-assed apology.

Wow, what a complete fabrication you just made.  They just said that about her being a member of the Cherokee nation, while neither confirming or denying that she does have native American blood.  It speaks nothing to the FACT that DNA testing shows she does have that Native American blood.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.1.13  Ozzwald  replied to    5 years ago
More than 1/1024th of a percent. In other words, she has Indian no DNA to speak of

Wow, 2 sentences and you completely contradicted 1 sentence with the next.  1/1024th of a percent means she DOES have Native American DNA in her. 

Maybe not as much as YOU want her to have, but frankly WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT WHAT YOU WANT?  I know that she doesn't and neither does the Texas Bar Association.

Junior Participates
5.1.14  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to    5 years ago
In other words, she has Indian no DNA to speak of

Well, it's there whether you care to acknowledge it or not.  We're already used to you ignoring facts that you don't care to recognize.  That lack of recognition does not make a fact disappear no matter how much you wish it did. 

Junior Participates
5.1.15  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Ozzwald @5.1.12    5 years ago
Wow, what a complete fabrication you just made. 

It's a trademark.  

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.1.17  Jasper2529  replied to  Ozzwald @5.1.12    5 years ago
It speaks nothing to the FACT that DNA testing shows she does have that Native American blood.

And neither did my comment 5.1.4 . My comment mentioned nothing about DNA.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.18  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @5.1.10    5 years ago
I was attempting irony since you've already revealed who and what you are very clearly.

It was a very piss-poor attempt.

Stay in your lane.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.1.19  Ozzwald  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.1.17    5 years ago
And neither did my comment 5.1.4 . My comment mentioned nothing about DNA.

And yet, that is what this discussion is about, that you decided to jump into the middle of.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.1.20  Ozzwald  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @5.1.15    5 years ago
It's a trademark.

You'd think he'd learn to do it better....

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
5.1.21  Cerenkov  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @5.1.8    5 years ago

Lol. No she didn't. Look at the science. Sound out the words if you need to.

Junior Participates
5.1.22  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.18    5 years ago
It was a very piss-poor attempt.

So, you don't get irony, then.  I could help you with that.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.23  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @5.1.22    5 years ago

Not my fault you aren't any good at it.

What you could help me with might fit on the head of a pin.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  Texan1211 @5    5 years ago

elf-respecting Democrats could never bring themselves to vote for her now after her fraud has been exposed so openl

I think you overestimate integrity of many Democrats.

They'll support her no matter what facts come out, rather than admit Trump and her critics were right.  

Junior Participates
5.2.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.2    5 years ago
I think you overestimate integrity of many Democrats.

[deleted]

Junior Participates
5.2.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.2    5 years ago
They'll support her no matter what facts come out, rather than admit Trump and her critics were right.

You really face-planted on that one.  Warren isn't even in the top 3 choices for Dems at this point.  I'm not supporting her for the nomination even though I admire her personally and recognize that she's right on the mark on the issues.  She's just too wonky to be the candidate.  Hate to burst your bubble but she will not be the nominee.  

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
5.3  arkpdx  replied to  Texan1211 @5    5 years ago
self-respecting Democrats

That is an oxymoron! 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.3.1  Texan1211  replied to  arkpdx @5.3    5 years ago

True enough!

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
5.3.2  Cerenkov  replied to  Texan1211 @5.3.1    5 years ago

Indeed. They have no integrity. 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.3.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Cerenkov @5.3.2    5 years ago

Very little honor either. Not even sure they understand the concept.

Junior Participates
5.3.4  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Cerenkov @5.3.2    5 years ago
Indeed. They have no integrity.
Very little honor either. Not even sure they understand the concept.

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

That from those who bow to The All-Time Scumbag and Chickenshit-in-Chief.  This is one of those times that reminds me that if you lot didn't exist we'd have to create you for our sport. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6  Tacos!    5 years ago

This is what you call a rich fantasy life. A minuscule DNA percentage. Zero tribal affiliation. No apparent native cultural influence in her life. And features that are about as Northern European as you can get, guaranteeing she will never have been the victim of racial discrimination. And yet she's putting herself down as Native American.

And I don't mean Elizabeth Warren is the one with the rich fantasy life. She's bad enough. It's the Democrats who are still ok with all of this. The ones who are all "oh it's fine, she can identify as whatever she wants and no one should ever criticize her for it." 

Junior Participates
6.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Tacos! @6    5 years ago
A minuscule DNA percentage.

Oh, so now the tack is going from she lied about having Native American ancestors to she doesn't have enough of that DNA.  Never underestimate the rightwing determination to smear then smear again and keep on smearing no matter how much the facts work against them.  

Junior Participates
6.1.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to    5 years ago
No smear here, just pointing out the old biddy's dishonesty and history of unending lies.

Let's just review her actual claims:

She has Native American heritage:  ✔️ She has never used that heritage for advantage: ✔️

So the "dishonesty of unending lies" describes your side, not hers.  And, it's been that we since your side started lying about it from the very beginning of this non-story. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.3  Tessylo  replied to    5 years ago
'dishonesty and history of unending lies.'

We're not talking about Donald Rump here.  

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
6.1.4  Cerenkov  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.3    5 years ago

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @6.1    5 years ago
Oh, so now the tack is going from she lied about having Native American ancestors to she doesn't have enough of that DNA. Never underestimate the rightwing determination to smear then smear again and keep on smearing no matter how much the facts work against them.

Still hard to believe that some people actually believe she is an American Indian!

LMFAO and SMMFH at the sheer idiocy of thinking that!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  Cerenkov @6.1.4    5 years ago

Removed for context

Junior Participates
6.1.7  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to    5 years ago
No smear here, just pointing out the old biddy's dishonesty and history of unending lies.

Which is as completely and utterly untrue now as it was when  rightwingers attack dogs first started smearing her.   

Junior Participates
6.1.8  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.5    5 years ago
LMFAO and SMMFH at the sheer idiocy of thinking that!

It's no surprise that that's how you would view the facts.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @6.1.8    5 years ago

Hey, I am not the genius who thinks she actually is American Indian.

I believe that would be you and others claiming she did nothing wrong whatsoever.

Which seem to be facts you choose to ignore.

As usual.

Carry on!

Junior Participates
6.1.11  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.10    5 years ago
Hey, I am not the genius who thinks she actually is American Indian.

But you are dogged in perpetuating that lie...I'll give that much to you.  The only thing she has claimed, and now proved, is that she had distant Native Peoples ancestry.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.12  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @6.1.11    5 years ago

LMFAO!!

Give it up! She lied, I know it and you know it.

Whether you choose to publicly admit it is a different story, however.

And you admission or denial won't change what she did!

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
6.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Tacos! @6    5 years ago
No apparent native cultural influence in her life.

Wellllllll, she did pass down some family recipes in that AI cookbook. Oh, wait, never mind ... she plagiarized the recipes from the NYT and got caught.

Junior Participates
6.2.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Jasper2529 @6.2    5 years ago
she plagiarized the recipes from the NYT and got caught.

And you can prove that?  

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
6.2.3  Jasper2529  replied to  XDm9mm @6.2.2    5 years ago

Thank you for posting proof of Elizabeth Warren's plagiarized recipes, XD. I was unavailable, and didn't see Atheist's post until a few moments ago.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
6.2.4  Jasper2529  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @6.2.1    5 years ago
And you can prove that? 

By now, you should know that I can prove everything I post, even Warren's plagiarized recipes. See the link XD's comment 6.2.2

Junior Participates
6.2.5  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  XDm9mm @6.2.2    5 years ago

I'll start off by pointing out how desperately petty it is to use one of these ubiquitous recipe books that service groups of all kinds put out by the boxcar loads every year with recipes that have been collected from all over the place--never claiming they're original.  Certainly crab dishes are not traditional Native American fare and this is not claimed by Warren or the cookbook's editor.  

The source for this is, of course, a  rightwing Brit tabloid well known for its vigorous lying about climate change and notorious for its "unreliability" (read: lying):

The Daily Mail has been widely criticised for its unreliability, as well as printing of sensationalist and inaccurate scare stories of science and medical research, [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] and for copyright violations. [17]

Even more fun is that, true to form, you didn't bother reading the article you hoped would be a "gotcha" which it is but you're the one it "got:"

Mrs Warren lists 10 ingredients for the cold omelet, while Mr Franey lists only four, but the preparation of the omelet is nearly identical, with both detailing the use of a 'seven-inch Teflon pan.'

That's a pretty big discrepancy even by rightwing "standards."  Pretty hard to allege some kind of plagiarism with the much difference but desperate people do really dumbshit things, right?  But what about the directions, you whine?  Okay, just prove that Warren claimed this was an original recipe and the editor of the recipe book didn't use an established recipe.  Should be easy with your crack investigatory skills jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Thanks once again for be so eager to fall on your face for your dishonest need to smear a person so much your superior. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7  JohnRussell    5 years ago

In an objective world, this story would be meaningless.  So someone exaggerates her ethnicity. Ok, so what? Unless she used it to gain unfair advantage somehow, which is seemingly not the case, who gives a shit. People say I am part this or part that all the time, when they are not or they dont know it they are.

BUT, in this fucked up world, this may very well hurt her chances because the RWNJ will never let her live it down.

What I want to know is when they, or our libertarians and anarchists, are going to give a shit about the outrageous things that Trump has done over the years and in fact does every stinking day?

I seeded an article this morning about an anarchist website urging it's folowers and adherents to libertarianism and right/anarchy to support Trump.   And they do.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
7.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @7    5 years ago
n objective world, this story would be meaningless.

In an objective world, race wouldn't be a factor in hiring at the University level. But we all know what racial box is checked makes a big difference.   

Unless she used it to gain unfair advantage somehow

Be honest for a second. You know that's exactly why she started calling herself a Native American for professional purposes right?  

The idea that a WASP like Warren just coincidentally started calling herself a minority at the exact same time in her life she would benefit from  minority status is too insane to believe, even for the left wing fever swamp. This isn't a person claiming over beers that she has a native American ancestor.

It's amusing watching the same people who demand the government discriminate on the basis of race when hiring, defend WASPs who cheat the system for their own gain as no big deal. 

Junior Participates
7.2.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Sean Treacy @7.2    5 years ago
You know that's exactly why she started calling herself a Native American for professional purposes right?  

And, yet, not one university admissions official document and none of her employers since then provides any evidence that Warren used her NA heritage to gain admission to university or law school or got her job on that basis.   In fact, every one of her former colleagues, including ones that hired her,  have categorically denied that they even knew she had that heritage much less used it for any advantage.  I know lying is essential to the rightwing smear campaign but it really should stop.  

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
7.2.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  Release The Kraken @7.2.2    5 years ago

She listed herself as a minority in the national legal directory used for hiring as a minority teacher before she hired by Harvard 

Penn advertised her as a minority when she taught there. 

Harvard promoted her as a minority faculty member to the public when it was criticized for lacking diversity.

Harvard identified her as a Native American in federal affirmative action documentation.

But gullible people still believe she never used her minority status professionally. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
7.2.4  Split Personality  replied to  Release The Kraken @7.2.2    5 years ago
She did tell Harvard she was a minority.

Yes, reportedly in the late 90's after she was hired according to your link, in a conversation with other faculty over lunch.

Harvard's own standards for listing a Native American teacher include genealogical proof and official membership in a tribe, and Warren had neither and did not claim to.

At the University of Texas in the 80's she self reported as white.  (That in my estimation would be using race for leverage, it's a two edged sword)

On the May 1986 Texas Bar Association registration she wrote American Indian.  She  was already admitted to the Bar

and it served no purpose other that a statistic, as noted on the form.

DNA testing was in it's infancy in 1983 and used for the first time in court in 1986.

I think  the whole thing is just a tempest in a teapot.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
7.2.5  Sean Treacy  replied to  Split Personality @7.2.4    5 years ago
s, reportedly in the late 90's after she was hired according to your lin

How do you imagine she was listed as a woman of color by the Harvard Woman's Law Journal in 1993?  By looking at her?

She was also promoting herself as a minority in the Association of American Law Schools Directory before being hired by Harvard.

arvard's own standards for listing a Native American teacher include genealogical proof and official membership in a trib

Yet they listed her a Native American.  weird, huh?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.2.6  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @7.2.3    5 years ago
Harvard promoted her as a minority faculty member to the public when it was criticized for lacking diversity.

Harvard identified her as a Native American in federal affirmative action documentation.

But gullible people still believe she never used her minority status professionally. 

Wow, you are strict. You must REALLY be hard on Trump for all his lies and falsitys.

Oh, not so much?  Hmmmmm.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.2.7  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @7.2.6    5 years ago
Wow, you are strict. You must REALLY be hard on Trump for all his lies and falsitys.
Oh, not so much? Hmmmmm.

Have you ever once been successful in tamping down that outbreak of TDS, or does every topic in the world come back to Trump for you?

nice DEFLECTION AGAIN.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
7.2.8  Split Personality  replied to  Sean Treacy @7.2.5    5 years ago

Everyone I grew up with was told they were AI. 

It was never important to us, but we still respected what our great grandparents, grandparents, parents aunts and uncles told us.

Couple of years ago, we were DNA tested and guess what?  Over 90% UK, later narrowed down 93% and to two villages in Ireland.

Not even a drop of AI blood or DNA.

We communicate with some of the namesakes over there and guess what they believe?

They insist we're all descended from Vikings.....

Also not true. 

What Harvard believed and printed in violation of their own standards is Harvard's issue.

It's what someone at Harvard wanted to believe.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
7.2.9  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @7.2.6    5 years ago
You must REALLY be hard on Trump for all his lies and falsit

So now you are reduced to arguing that Warren is no better than Trump. 

Okay, I won't argue that.

By all means though, point out when I simply accepted Trump's word as definitive on any subject despite documentary evidence that contradicts it. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
7.2.10  Jasper2529  replied to  Sean Treacy @7.2.3    5 years ago
Penn advertised her as a minority when she taught there. 

And she never denied/corrected those claims even when she knew they weren't true, which then shows that she used it for her own advancement. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
7.2.11  Sean Treacy  replied to  Split Personality @7.2.8    5 years ago

And there's nothing wrong with that.  It's an interesting conversation piece. No one would care at all if this just a matter of family gossip/pride that she'd talk about when it came up.

But we live in a country where, unfortunately, race matters.  In academia, there's a huge advantage to being an AI, as opposed to just another WASP.  Law schools, like Penn and Harvard, were (and still are) under attack for a lack of biological diversity when she was hired.  Even under the most charitable interpretation  of her family's oral tradition of an Indian ancestor, by no account was she a even close to a majority AI. Yet, when it was to her professional advantage, she labeled herself as an AI, even though she could only believe herself to have been a tiny percentage AI. 

what someone at Harvard wanted to believe.

I agree that Harvard absolutely wanted her to be a Native American.   But where did Harvard get the idea that she was? 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
7.2.12  Split Personality  replied to  Sean Treacy @7.2.11    5 years ago
even though she could only believe herself to have been a tiny percentage AI. 

Doesn't seem to be a basis to prove that, is there?

For centuries, white Europeans judged others by the one drop rule. The British especially, in India and other places. including "the colonies" and the East Indies.

One drop of Indian, Muslim, African or "Jewish" blood, rendered people second class citizens in the eyes of many.

Funny how some have now "evolved" huh?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
7.2.13  Sean Treacy  replied to  Split Personality @7.2.12    5 years ago
Doesn't seem to be a basis to prove that, is there?

The claim is that her Great Great Great Grandmother, was Cherokee. So even if that were true, she'd be 1/32 AI.  That's a tiny percentage. 

Junior Participates
7.2.16  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Release The Kraken @7.2.2    5 years ago

And every school that ever admitted her as a student or hired her as a professor has declared firmly that she was not a minority admission or hire.  Pick up the mike and try a new tune.  That one you've been singing is off-key and sour.  

Junior Participates
7.2.17  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Sean Treacy @7.2.13    5 years ago
That's a tiny percentage. 

And, yet, it's something when the rightwing attack goons' line has always been that she lied about it altogether which we now have proof that is the lie.  Do you think we don't see you moving the goal line (or rubbing it out altogether)?  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.2.19  Texan1211  replied to  Release The Kraken @7.2.18    5 years ago
Well that is actually not true, i provided a link as i always do. You should start backing up your claims with links, then you might actually be able to carry on a debate on this forum.

I believe that the way it works is you are supposed to read it to them.

Just so they don't have to think or anything.

Junior Participates
7.2.20  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Release The Kraken @7.2.18    5 years ago
i provided a link as i always do.

And, as always it's garbage.  

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
7.4  Cerenkov  replied to  JohnRussell @7    5 years ago

So you embrace cultural appropriation? Sad.

Junior Participates
7.4.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Cerenkov @7.4    5 years ago
So you embrace cultural appropriation? Sad.

You pervert other people's words.  Disgusting. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
9  Sparty On    5 years ago

I think Warren has listened to that Paul Revere and the Raiders song too many times.   But never-mind.   This is what the Cherokee nation said about it:

Cherokee Nation Secretary of State Chuck Hoskin Jr.

TAHLEQUAH , Okla. — Cherokee Nation Secretary of State Chuck Hoskin Jr. issued the following statement Monday in response to Senator Elizabeth Warren’s DNA test claiming Native Heritage:

"A DNA test is useless to determine tribal citizenship. Current DNA tests do not even distinguish whether a person’s ancestors were indigenous to North or South America," Cherokee Nation Secretary of State Chuck Hoskin Jr. said. "Sovereign tribal nations set their own legal requirements for citizenship, and while DNA tests can be used to determine lineage, such as paternity to an individual, it is not evidence for tribal affiliation. Using a DNA test to lay claim to any connection to the Cherokee Nation or any tribal nation, even vaguely, is inappropriate and wrong. It makes a mockery out of DNA tests and its legitimate uses while also dishonoring legitimate tribal governments and their citizens, whose ancestors are well documented and whose heritage is proven. Senator Warren is undermining tribal interests with her continued claims of tribal heritage."

That was taken from Cherokee.org

Her attempts to claim American Indian ancestry reeks of self serving motives only and have little to nothing to do with advancing Cherokee Tribal initiatives.

I liken this to Military Stolen Valor.   It's pathetic!

Kavika
Professor Principal
9.1  Kavika   replied to  Sparty On @9    5 years ago

It's called a ''box check Indian'' by tribal members. 

Unfortunately Warren's case is not that unusual at all. The colleges have the ''box check'' and do not require any proof of said Indian blood. What you'll find is that there are many that are ''box check Indians'' enrolled in colleges through out the US...They are from every political background and nationality.

It has been used by others to become a ''Plastic Shaman''....phonies trying to pass themselves off as tribal medicine men/women and profiting from it. The case a few years back a ''Plastic Shaman'' ended up killing a couple of people and injuring numerous others in a phony ''Sweat Lodge'' ceremony.  

Appropriating  native identity has been going on for decades. Iron Eyes Cody of the TV commercials on pollution in the 70's and actor claimed to be Indian, usually Cherokee or Cree...He had NO Indian blood in him. He was Italian...

Actors, actresses, professors, politicians, have all claimed Indian blood over the years.  Most turn out to be false family history or simply made up claims. 

DNA testing doesn't, as Hoskins said, determine tribal connections. DNA cannot distinguish between tribes. Tribal membership differs from tribe to tribe.

If it weren't for the political aspect of this how many of you would actually care about this. Probably none.  

BTW,  anytime someone states that ''my great great grandmother was Cherokee''....is generally met with a great deal of skepticism by Indians.  

Kavika
Professor Principal
9.1.2  Kavika   replied to  Release The Kraken @9.1.1    5 years ago
Our politicians have no shame.

It's not only politicians that do this as I stated in my comment above. I have no idea why she did it, nor do I have any idea why numerous others have done the same. 

The thing that is interesting to me is that it's become a political football. As stated above if it wasn't political how many non Indians would care...Based on history not many. 

Ender
Professor Principal
9.1.3  Ender  replied to  Kavika @9.1    5 years ago
He had NO Indian blood in him

I didn't know that.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
9.1.4  Split Personality  replied to  Kavika @9.1.2    5 years ago
The thing that is interesting to me is that it's become a political football. As stated above if it wasn't political how many non Indians would care

eXACTLY.!!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Kavika @9.1.2    5 years ago

People all over the country and all over the world misunderstand or misrepresent their ethnic heritage because in many cases their parents and grandparents and great grandparents have misunderstood it or misrepresented it to the younger generation. It's ridiculous that this particular case has been elevated to this level of handwringing.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
9.1.6  Split Personality  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1.5    5 years ago

Forgive me for repeating this, but it seemed to be appropriate

It was never important to us, but we still respected what our great grandparents, grandparents, parents aunts and uncles told us.

Couple of years ago, we were DNA tested and guess what?  Over 90% UK, later narrowed down to 93% and to two villages in Ireland.

Not even a drop of AI blood or DNA.

We communicate with some of the namesakes over there and guess what they believe?

They insist we're all descended from Vikings.....

Also not true. 

What Harvard believed and printed in violation of their own standards is Harvard's issue.

It's what someone at Harvard wanted to believe.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
9.1.7  Sparty On  replied to  Kavika @9.1    5 years ago
If it weren't for the political aspect of this how many of you would actually care about this. Probably none.

While that might be true, such is to be expected when choosing such a public life.   Their lives get scrutinized to a greater degree.   That's the nature of the beast.   One rarely bothers with your average John Q Public for anything like this.   Or course your average John G Public isn't doing this sort of thing so why bother.

This might have started as an honest case of mistaken identity with Warren but it clearly became a tool she used to advance in a world that favored minority status for her chosen path.

Despicable!

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
9.1.8  dave-2693993  replied to  Kavika @9.1    5 years ago
BTW,  anytime someone states that ''my great great grandmother was Cherokee''....is generally met with a great deal of skepticism by Indians. 

Kavika, I am learning this is more and more true and rightly so.

Although there was a chasm in the family, I saw my grandfather. I have no doubts there. My dad and i eventually began connecting the dots of things he had pushed out of his mind for many years.

My grandmother on that side was always said to have been partial native, and although European in appearance, she had give away facial features.

When I was, maybe summer of 3rd grade I met her mom, my great grandmother. She had definite native features.

Eventually, we came across an old picture of her mom. She was a beautiful Indian maiden. Best guess is my grandmother was "25%" Native.

There is still more to uncover. I must say, I am not too pleased about folks who have advanced themselves based on conjecture and modern day political correctness. Yet, I understand I might be considered a Johnny Come Lately by folks such as yourself who have always been there.

Junior Participates
9.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Sparty On @9    5 years ago
I liken this to Military Stolen Valor.   It's pathetic!

Oh, you mean what Scumbag does every time he takes credit for some military action or swaggers around like a marinet when in fact he was a chickenshit draft-dodging POS*?  

*He's still a chickenshit POS, btw. 

Furthermore, the fact that Native American DNA cannot be distinguished between those in NA and SA just tells us that all Native Americans on both continents share the same DNA.  That she has any of it at all proves that she has been telling the truth all along. And, with all due respect to the Chief, Warren has never, ever, EVER said she has or believes she has a claim on tribal membership.  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
11  It Is ME    5 years ago

Reading through the comments, it sounds like a "Lie" is actually acceptable in the Democrat party ! jrSmiley_18_smiley_image.gif

Now..….put some dark makeup on 20 years or so ago, and you should be beheaded !

"Disbar", "Disbar", "Disbar" Pocahontas ! jrSmiley_79_smiley_image.gif

lib50
Professor Silent
11.1  lib50  replied to  It Is ME @11    5 years ago
it sounds like a "Lie" is actually acceptable in the Democrat party !

Do you have any idea how little anybody cares what a conservative deems as 'lie' or 'fake'?   When you actively believe and promote what a pathological proven liar says, the credibility is out the window.  And we aren't laughing.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
11.1.2  It Is ME  replied to  lib50 @11.1    5 years ago
When you actively believe and promote what a pathological proven liar says, the cr

Warren and the Democrats have been perpetrating Pocahontas's lie waaaaaaay before Trump came into the picture !

Junior Participates
11.1.3  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Release The Kraken @11.1.1    5 years ago
People actually care about lies.

So much so that some people can't stop making them, right, BF? 

Junior Participates
11.1.4  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  It Is ME @11.1.2    5 years ago
Warren and the Democrats have been perpetrating Pocahontas's lie waaaaaaay before Trump came into the picture !

Gotta just love how you people actually use a slur against an historical Native American woman to slur another woman today with Native American heritage.  You just can't seem to help yourselves, eh? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  Release The Kraken @11.1.5    5 years ago
Let's add plagiarism to the list of fraud. She plagiarized a french recipe posted in the NYT, called it Cherokee published in Pow Wow Chow.
Can you think of a more racist name for your white people claiming to be Cherokee cook book?

I think he wants everyone to just stop picking on poor old Lizzie Warren.

besides lying about being an American Indian, and the cookbook thingy, what else has the poor innocent done?

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
12  bbl-1    5 years ago

Yawn.  Warren and the 'Indian Incident'.

Whatever.  Still waiting for Trump's Birther proof.  And still waiting.

Iamak47
Freshman Silent
14  Iamak47    5 years ago

Why is WaPo digging up dirt on fauxcahontas?  Are they trying to thin the herd for their favorite candidate?

katrix
Sophomore Participates
14.1  katrix  replied to  Iamak47 @14    5 years ago

Maybe they're not as biased as you claim they are?

Iamak47
Freshman Silent
14.1.1  Iamak47  replied to  katrix @14.1    5 years ago

That would certainly be refreshing

Junior Participates
14.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Iamak47 @14    5 years ago
Why is WaPo digging up dirt on fauxcahontas?

I love it when  Warren smearers actually use NA slurs against her.  

Junior Participates
16  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו    5 years ago

I think it's hilarious when rightwingers think Warren gives a shit that they wouldn't vote for her.  The importance they give themselves with no basis whatsoever is a feature not a bug.