╌>

Nancy Pelosi Explains Why She Clapped Like That At Donald Trump

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  nerm-l  •  5 years ago  •  6 comments

Nancy Pelosi Explains Why She Clapped Like That At Donald Trump
“It wasn’t sarcastic,” Pelosi insisted to reporters, per People magazine. “Look at what I was applauding. I wanted him to know that it was very welcomed.”

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

(or Too Late for Damage Control)

Yeah, sure, Nancy.  Nancy Pelosi can try to spin it however she wishes.  But the biggest take away from the State of the Union address is that the political battle is now between Donald Trump and Nancy Pelosi.  Speaker Pelosi has sucked all the attention away from Democrats; the story is now all about her and her opposition to Trump as a person, not Trump as a President.

Nancy Pelosi made the political fight personal.

The story going forward will be about how Pelosi and Trump can dismiss, discredit, and disparage each other.  Public policy has taken a back seat; the media coverage will focus on the next cutting remark, the next personal dig, the next act of revenge.

Republicans have already been required to demonstrate some level of independence from Donald Trump.  Now Democrats may be required to demonstrate the same independence from Nancy Pelosi.  The stage has been set for an internal challenge to the old guard leadership of the Democratic Party.  There are too many new, young elected Democrats that have been influenced by Bernie Sander's revolution.  As the personal fight between Trump and Pelosi go on, those younger Democrats will likely become more vocal about the lack of real leadership within the Democratic Party.

Article is LOCKED by moderator [smarty_function_ntUser_get_name: user_id or profile_id parameter required]
[]

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Nerm_L    5 years ago

Like it or not, Nancy Pelosi has made herself the face of the Democratic Party.  That's good for Republicans.  But I think that is also good for younger Democrats trying to change their party.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3  Perrie Halpern R.A.    5 years ago

The name of this seed was changed to correctly represent the title of the actual article.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
3.1  seeder  Nerm_L  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3    5 years ago
The name of this seed was changed to correctly represent the title of the actual article.

What?  Why didn't you change the commentary, too?

[deleted]

[ I suggest you read through the Code of Conduct, thoroughly]

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
3.2  seeder  Nerm_L  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3    5 years ago

[Deleted]

[Editing the actual title of a seed opens up NT to possible liability of copyright infringement and is not allowed.]

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4  Split Personality    5 years ago

Article is locked