╌>

Reading Genesis From a Different PoV Part II

Category:  Religion & Ethics

Via:  drhunk  •  5 years ago  •  11 comments

Reading Genesis From a Different PoV Part II
Seek Enlightenment

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Picking up where we left off this video covers Chapter 2 of Genesis.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

DRHunk
Freshman Silent
1  seeder  DRHunk    5 years ago

I love that they use Morgan Freeman as God, its just classic.

Few things from this one.

Interesting that they talk about god resting on the 7th day, but if we look at a day could be a billion years, maybe that is why God is not present today, he is still resting, but then i remember God is very involved with Moses so he was not resting anymore at that point. He get tired again and is taking another Vacation day?

Also like how they point out the discrepancy i Verse 4 when it says no plants or shrubs are on earth yet, but they were clearly created in Chapter 1.  Genesis seems to be full of these types of discrepancies like when they put the bible together they took bits of different stories but forgot to edit them to make the story fluid with each other.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2  FLYNAVY1    5 years ago

And I believe that the Catholic Church has tossed the book of Genesis on the rubbish heap of religious history.

Oh..... by the way, did anyone ever figure out who was Cain's wife and where she came from?

DRHunk
Freshman Silent
2.1  seeder  DRHunk  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2    5 years ago

Maybe we will find out, in a later episode, no watching ahead, that's cheating =)

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.2  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2    5 years ago
Oh..... by the way, did anyone ever figure out who was Cain's wife and where she came from?

We can get a hint here,

Genesis Chapter one:

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Gen 4:16 “And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.” Gen 4:17 “And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.”

DRHunk
Freshman Silent
2.2.1  seeder  DRHunk  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @2.2    5 years ago

You touched on something in that scripture that the 3rd video i am posting also touches on, but wont discuss till later, and that is there was more than one God in the first few chapters of Genesis.

Let "us" make him in "our" image, and in Chapter 3 He is like "us" now. 

The bible reflects humanity ad how they transitioned between having multiple deities to just one. 

When the bible stops saying God and says the "Lord" instead that is the transition to a singular deity in the bible. I believe the original word for God is actually plural. As these videos go on you can feel for how the current "God" came to be by showing he was more powerful than others and defeating them in some form or another. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.2.2  Split Personality  replied to  DRHunk @2.2.1    5 years ago

Well, Catholics believe in the Father, the Son & the Holy Spirit, right?

DRHunk
Freshman Silent
2.2.3  seeder  DRHunk  replied to  Split Personality @2.2.2    5 years ago

Those are all the same person in different form, not 3 separate entities, but i could be wrong.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.2.4  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  DRHunk @2.2.1    5 years ago

I always felt that was true, think about how the Ten Commandments are written, "You will not have any other god before me", sounds like "Yes, there are other gods but, I want to be the one you come to first".

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3  Split Personality    5 years ago

I think we are up to 2,500 gods over recorded history

and we are down to the gods of the hindus

and the gods of the Abrahamic religions.

Maybe a handful of others?

99.99% of the gods have been forgotten or fallen out of favor.

Seems like a pattern...

DRHunk
Freshman Silent
4  seeder  DRHunk    5 years ago

Link to Part 3 (Genesis Chapter 3)

charger 383
Professor Silent
4.1  charger 383  replied to  DRHunk @4    5 years ago

keep them comming