╌>

The Return of William Barr

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  5 years ago  •  34 comments

The Return of William Barr
“He is a steady hand at a time of turmoil and he will bring much-needed reform to the Department of Justice," Graham said in a statement. "I look forward to working with Mr. Barr on the many issues facing the men and women of the Department of Justice and our nation as a whole."

William Barr was confirmed by the US Senate today (54-45) and sworn in as the new Attorney General. Mr Barr has had a long career within the Justice Department, serving as Deputy Attorney General from 1990 to 1991 and as attorney general under President George H.W. Bush from 1991 to 1993.

He comes to the Department at a time of turmoil.

Though some want to deny it, the Department has been disgraced by ideologues who have allowed/enabled rogue agents in the FBI to pursue rogue missions. Acting FBI director Andrew McCabe launched an investigation of the President without reason nor notification of the DOJ. Bruce Ohr still is employed there.

Then there is the matter of the Mueller investigation. Since acting AG Rod Rosenstein appointed a special prosecutor, over two years ago, it has been a heavily conflicted Rosenstein in charge of the investigation. His signature appears on a fraudulent FISA application. Supposedly Rosenstein would stay on until Barr takes over. That remains to be seen at this hour.

Barr won't be like Sessions, who was in awe of the Department and listened to those "career officials" who hastened his demise. Barr will be the man in charge and although he is a friend of Robert Mueller's, he will have some hard questions for the all powerful special prosecutor. I am sure Barr will find out what Mueller has and on what. I am sure that if there is no conspiracy via the President or legitimate obstruction charges, Barr will want to know why the investigation dragged on like it did. I'm sure Barr will even find out if the investigation was a form of retribution for Trump and others uncovering the rogue FBI agents.

Yup, It's a new day over at the DOJ

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    5 years ago

And it all happened quietly today

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1  Jasper2529  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    5 years ago
And it all happened quietly today

It was no surprise to learn that MSM devoted ZERO program minutes to report on it.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2  bbl-1    5 years ago

Barr is back.  Did the Trump make a safe bet?  Or, are the fields of evidence beyond a simple wager?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  bbl-1 @2    5 years ago

Barr has said he won't release Mueller's report without editing it first so, unless Mueller can find a way to get it to the House committee's without Barr getting his hands on it, I wouldn't trust it coming out of Barr's office.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  bbl-1  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @2.1    5 years ago

You may be correct.  Of course, then one could assume that in some way Barr himself is compromised or is in an awkward position where he is forced to protect others that are compromised.

All things considered, everything about the Trump's, Turkey, The Saudis and Russia are...……...bizarre.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.1.2  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  bbl-1 @2.1.1    5 years ago
All things considered, everything about the Trump's, Turkey, The Saudis and Russia are...……...bizarre.

To say the least. I can't believe that all of that business that took place somehow slipped past Trump during the campaign, before the campaign and, now, during his presidency.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2.1.4  bbl-1  replied to    5 years ago

You wouldn't be speaking of 'Birtherism' would you?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.6  Tessylo  replied to    5 years ago

That's exactly what it was, a printing error 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3  Sean Treacy    5 years ago

He's got his work cut out for him.

The DOJ is a disaster.  

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4  Tacos!    5 years ago
William Barr was confirmed by the US Senate today (54-45)

It's kind of a sad sign of the times that this was even a close vote. When he was approved for AG before, the Senate committee approved him unanimously and the full Senate approved him on a voice vote. Easy peezy.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5  bbl-1    5 years ago

Another interesting fact concerning Barr.  It was he would helped/guided GHWBush in issuing pardons for those convicted in The Iran-Contra Scandal.  Of course I suppose this also means nothing too.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
5.1  1stwarrior  replied to  bbl-1 @5    5 years ago

Even more interesting, that hasn't hit the MSM yet, is that he "parked" some bubble gum under his desk top in the 2nd grade.

Talk about being a rowdy guy, eh?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.1.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  1stwarrior @5.1    5 years ago
he "parked" some bubble gum under his desk top in the 2nd grade.

Really? You're trying to equate someone who, in their professional career, helped craft pardons for convicted, without a doubt guilty, political criminals and is now taking the position of highest law enforcement officer in the land, with sticking bubble gum under a desk in second grade? Really?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5.1.1    5 years ago
Really? You're trying to equate someone who, in their professional career, helped craft pardons for convicted, without a doubt guilty, political criminals and is now taking the position of highest law enforcement officer in the land, with sticking bubble gum under a desk in second grade? Really?

Would there be a point in pardoning someone not found guilty of something?

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5.1.3  bbl-1  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.2    5 years ago

huh?

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5.1.4  bbl-1  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5.1.1    5 years ago

Sounds like it doesn't it?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  bbl-1 @5.1.3    5 years ago
huh?

What part of my post do you need explained?

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5.1.6  bbl-1  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.5    5 years ago

Generally, all of them.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  bbl-1 @5.1.6    5 years ago
Generally, all of them.

Yes, I often have to explain my posts to you. 

But I was referring to a particular post.

Did you not get that either?