╌>

Empire’ Actor Jussie Smollett Orchestrated Attack, Source Says

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  badfish-hd-h-u  •  5 years ago  •  23 comments

Empire’ Actor Jussie Smollett Orchestrated Attack, Source Says

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

CHICAGO (CBS) —  Investigators believe Jussie Smollett and the non-cooperating witnesses in last month’s alleged attack of the  Empire   actor “potentially staged the attack,” a source with intimate knowledge of the investigation tells CBS 2 Investigator Brad Edwards.

Chicago police raided the home of two “persons of interest” Wednesday night, a relative of those men says.

Police took bleach, shoes, electronics, receipts and other items from the home.

The men, who are both of Nigerian descent, have appeared as extras on the show and their attorney, Gloria Schmidt, says they do both know Smollett.

“They do know Jussie,” she said. “They have worked with him on  Empire.   My preliminary investigations show that on set it’s very tight. They’re all very cordial with each other, so they’re baffled why they are people of interest.”

The relative who was home Wednesday night says she heard a loud banging at the door, and that door came crashing down. She says a flood of officers were there saying they had a search warrant.

She says she was patted down by an officer, and police asked her if she knows Smollett. The woman, who is in her 20s, says she was “so scared” and thought she was going to die.

The woman says she was confused, but she did know Smollett was from the show. She says she feels the police picked the two brothers up for questioning because there is a loose connection to Smollett, and the men left for Nigeria the same day of the attack.

The men’s attorney says they were visiting family in Nigeria and were picked up at O’Hare Wednesday night.

Smollett himself   was questioned at CPD Area Central Thursday,   police confirmed.

CPD spokesman Anthony Guglielmi says media reports about “the Empire incident being a hoax are unconfirmed by case detectives.” He says the “supposed CPD sources are uninformed and inaccurate.”

20th Century Fox Television and Fox Entertainment released the following statement regarding the reports:

“The idea that Jussie Smollett has been, or would be, written off of EMPIRE is patently ridiculous.  He remains a core player on this very successful series and we continue to stand behind him.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2  It Is ME    5 years ago

Just another "Look at me" du jour ?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4  Sean Treacy    5 years ago

It will be interesting to see if Chicago follows through and charges him. It's election season with all the requisite pandering to the base.   Politics matter, which is why this case had something like 7 times more detectives assigned to it than a murder.  

It wouldn't surprise me if they just close the case quietly. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
6  Perrie Halpern R.A.    5 years ago

Does anyone read these seeds?

Right from the article:

“Interrogations will resume today with the two individuals and their attorney. While we haven’t found any video documenting the alleged attack, there is also no evidence to say that this is a hoax. The alleged victim is being cooperative at this time and continues to be treated as a victim, not a suspect. For clarification, the two individuals interviewed are classified as potential suspects. 

No proof this was a hoax. 

I'll wait to see what the detectives come up with. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.1  Kavika   replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6    5 years ago
Does anyone read these seeds?

LOL, are you kidding...Read the seed, of course not. Then their comments wouldn't fit their agenda. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6    5 years ago

He claims he was attacked by 2 white men shouting MAGA country or whatever.

The people in custody are 2 Nigerians, one of them an actor who knew Smollett. 

This isn't the hate crime the media and politicians claimed it was.  

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
7  Paula Bartholomew    5 years ago

This is right out of the T'wana Brawley playbook.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8  Tacos!    5 years ago

The picture does kinda look like he got hit in the face.