╌>

Why Do Some People Wish the Attack on Smollett Happened?

Category:  Op/Ed

Via:  make-america-great-again  •  5 years ago  •  118 comments

Why Do Some People Wish the Attack on Smollett Happened?
Washington Post columnist Jonathan Capehart told MSNBC there has been "an atmosphere of menace and hate" since Donald Trump was elected president, which made "people want to believe" Smollett's story. Exactly. Capehart a black leftist, wanted to believe that racists yelling "This is MAGA country" beat up blacks. Another black leftist who writes hate columns for The Washington Post, Nana Efua Mumford, wrote: "I wanted to believe Smollett. I really did." Again, exactly. Mumford wanted to...

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By Dennis Prager                                                            The reactions of many on the left to the case of Jussie Smollett prove two important things:

1. There is little racism in America.

2. The left -- white and black -- is morally and psychologically impaired.

There is no doubt that most Americans on the left, including black Americans, are distraught over the fact that Smollet faked the "racist" attack on him. Apparently, leftists, Democratic leaders and, most depressingly, many of his fellow blacks wish Smollett had  been attacked by white racist homophobes.

Rep. Eric Swalwell, D-Calif., a white leftist, tweeted, "I hope this was not something that Mr. Smollett did to himself, or created...."

Washington Post columnist Jonathan Capehart told MSNBC there has been "an atmosphere of menace and hate" since Donald Trump was elected president, which made "people want to believe" Smollett's story. Exactly. Capehart a black leftist, wanted  to believe that racists yelling "This is MAGA country" beat up blacks.

Another black leftist who writes hate columns for The Washington Post, Nana Efua Mumford, wrote: "I wanted to believe Smollett. I really did." Again, exactly. Mumford wanted  to believe that racists yelling "This is MAGA country" beat up blacks.

Corey Townsend, the social media editor of The Root, a black-oriented website (founded in 2008 by Harvard black studies scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr.), opened his column on his private doubts that Smollett was attacked as he claimed with the words, "I wanted to be wrong." Three paragraphs later: "But still, I wanted to be wrong."

This should tell you a great deal about how morally and psychologically sick the left is. And their reactions prove how little racism there really is in America.

Here's the proof of both these assertions: When American Jews, even most left-wing Jews, heard of the mass killing of Jews at a Pittsburgh synagogue, how many were hoping the shooter was truly an anti-Semite, and how many were hoping he was a mentally deranged individual who could have just as easily shot up a church? Or, if a well-known Jew had been beaten at 2 a.m. on a Chicago street, how many American Jews would have wanted the attackers to be Jew-haters, and how many would have wished they were just thugs who wanted money?

As a Jew who has been deeply involved in Jewish culture all my life, I am pretty certain the majority of Jews -- certainly liberal and conservative Jews, and even most left-wing Jews -- would have wished that neither the Pittsburgh synagogue nor the theoretical attack on a Chicago street I conjured up were perpetrated by anti-Semites.

Why is that? Why do almost all Jews wish attackers of Jews not be anti-Semites, but so many blacks and so many white leftists wish Smollett had been attacked by racists?

Because Jews want to believe there is little anti-Semitism in America while most black leftists and most white leftists want to believe there is a lot of racism in America.

And why is that? Because the left and many American blacks are politically and personally dependent on one of the greatest mass libels in history -- namely, that America is a racist country. If just one 1 of 5 black Americans woke up tomorrow and announced, "You know, this a great country for anyone, including a black person, to live in, and the truth is the vast majority of white Americans bear no ill will toward blacks [or any other race or ethnicity]," that would end the Democrats' chances of winning national elections. The Democratic Party is dependent on nearly universal black acceptance of the leftist libel of America.

about the personal? Why do so many black Americans, living in the freest country for all its citizens -- and in the least-racist multiracial, multiethnic country in history -- want to believe America is racist? That is one of the most important questions all Americans need address at this time.

And there is another one, which I posed in my column last week: Does the left believe its own lies?

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1  seeder  XXJefferson51    5 years ago

“When American Jews, even most left-wing Jews, heard of the mass killing of Jews at a Pittsburgh synagogue, how many were hoping the shooter was truly an anti-Semite, and how many were hoping he was a mentally deranged individual who could have just as easily shot up a church? Or, if a well-known Jew had been beaten at 2 a.m. on a Chicago street, how many American Jews would have wanted the attackers to be Jew-haters, and how many would have wished they were just thugs who wanted money?

As a Jew who has been deeply involved in Jewish culture all my life, I am pretty certain the majority of Jews -- certainly liberal and conservative Jews, and even most left-wing Jews -- would have wished that neither the Pittsburgh synagogue nor the theoretical attack on a Chicago street I conjured up were perpetrated by anti-Semites.

Because Jews want to believe there is little anti-Semitism in America while most black leftists and most white leftists want to believe there is a lot of racism in America.

And why is that? Because the left and many American blacks are politically and personally dependent on one of the greatest mass libels in history -- namely, that America is a racist country.”

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1  Kavika   replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    5 years ago

Here are a few names of white people that blamed the imaginary black man for a crime that was never committed. And in some cases covering their own crime, and some damn serious crime. 

Sherry Hall...A LEO in Georgia that blamed a imaginary black guy for shooting her. When the truth came out she had shot herself in the foot...Perfect irony. 

Ashley Todd

Bethany Storro

Charles Stuart

Susan Smith

Bonnie Ann Weeten

There are many many more but these are a good cross section. 

These folks must really hate black people. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Kavika @1.1    5 years ago

I’m sure that you could seed your own article.  

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Kavika   replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.1    5 years ago

And this from just yesterday. 

Maine governor praises the Electoral College for keeping white people in power

cjfrommn
Professor Silent
1.1.3  cjfrommn  replied to  Kavika @1.1    5 years ago

well sadly your list as you know it , is small hint. What is sad is that this seeder by his / her own profile name has been here on NT's promoting the same stuff in a manner to identify and keep close those like minded in the values trump pushes (benefit of a public blog site). 

I think this seeded attempt back fires because anyone with any logical sense can think to themselves. WOW one black guy pulls a ruse....golly wow!(not to suggest it is not criminal or wrong) but i am suggesting that it PAILS IN COMPARISON to violent acts directly meant to hurt or harm black people at the hands of whites who have admitted doing so just because that person is black.

In the end, i appreciate you and others here at NT that show up and remind these type folks that if the script were flipped or they were FORCED to walk in the shoes of those who have been directly effected by violence for being different, these members would have a different perspective. 

sadly reality as it is, (non internet) there is a benefit to being where we each all are. But i think a good american is one who can acknowledge that what they may not know first hand doesn't mean they should act as if it doesn't happen to there fellow Americans(key word - fellow  Americans) -- 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.4  It Is ME  replied to  Kavika @1.1    5 years ago
Here are a few names of white people that blamed the imaginary black man for a crime that was never committed.

Just another one of those "One good turn deserves another" thingy ?

An idiot is an idiot....no matter what !

When folks start thinking that way, instead of trying to "One Up" each other on whose worse, this country will be a better place !

cjfrommn
Professor Silent
1.1.5  cjfrommn  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.4    5 years ago
just another one of those "One good turn deserves another" thingy ?

well Its me, this is more of a FACT that a criminal act did not occur that was alleged, that is not a good turn it is a LIFE WREAKER depending on how a police dept handles this situation. Much less how a suspect is also treated. 

An idiot is an idiot....no matter what !

yes but this is not about an idiot it is about a calculated risk that someone who is white will not have to be held responsible because THEY believe the climate for investigation will be in there favor if they use the "black man did it " mentality. This old and in some cases very wrong, is the real problem. And so when i read your comment it seems to me that YOU have no experiences that would allow you to assume that a white person blaming a black person who is innocent would be a huge disruption into that suspected black persons life, ablity to live and work and even recover from an arrest. 

When folks start thinking that way, instead of trying to "One Up" each other on whose worse, this country will be a better place !

well actually this country would be a better place if WHITE folks would just be honest about accepting that being different is not a threat and actually beneficial to all. vs those whites who feel threatened by color or use it as a reason to act out.

white walls are painted so they dont look the same and COLOR is added to them. White folks spend MILLIONS on indoor tanning to add COLOR to make there skin more attractive. Most folks add color to almost every aspect of there personal life but society wise we dont express it as a means to acknowledge it as a plus. And yet we spend millions on the best color hdtv / the best pixelled iPhone. Meaning the message of color being ok should start as soon as possible in childhood. Of course that would also mean it would have to come from parents and not just schools.

my point is that this country has evil folks that are black and yes they do terrible things. And in many cases we (in general ) never look for a excuse for them.  But when a white person does terrible things to a black person ( in general) we hear of the laundry list of reasons why this white person did what they did. when people stop(news reporting style) giving that pass off and DEMAND that it not be a quantifiable way to accept that person behavior then things will change. 

This country will be a better place when some white folks who NEVER EVER will experience the up and downs of being black.  Can actually do a personal inventory and acknowledge how much it would suck to deal with some of the crap they know off / heard of/ read about / by simply changing the circle they are comfortable with. 

That mental experience would do wonders. the old saying " walking in someone elses shoes" is the best way i can try to express the mess above.( i am horrible about what i think and how it turns out when i type it out) 

On a positive note, it is actually been a huge relief thanks to age of video recordings and youtube how many white people are tired of the WHITE excuse and demand change and action. In the end, i would say that the potential for this country to be great is based on the shift of a mentality that suggests "those type folks" have no place in this society. And that cant happen until were honest about the difference and acknowledge that what is not known is something to disregard vs embrace it.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    5 years ago

Who wishes the attack happened on Smollett?

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
1.2.1  Bob Nelson  replied to  Tessylo @1.2    5 years ago
Who wishes the attack happened on Smollett?

Good question.

What do you say, MAGA? I'm sure you wouldn't seed such a title unless you know the answer... and have proof!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @1.2    5 years ago

It says who in the article 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    5 years ago

2. The left -- white and black -- is morally and psychologically impaired.

1.  Since when?

2.  Total sweeping generalization and moronic  

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.3.1  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @1.3    5 years ago
1.  Since when?

Give our country a break. It's actually a pretty good place on the whole. After more obvious reasons like economic opportunity, family, and safety, our relative diversity and  lack of racism is a reason why a lot of people want to come here. This map , for example, shows that America is one of the least racist places on Earth. Notice how well we compare to much of Europe, that so-called bastion of liberalism.

racial-tolerance-map-hk-fix.jpg&w=1484

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.3.2  SteevieGee  replied to  Tacos! @1.3.1    5 years ago

If you ask 100 American racists if they are racists 99 of them will say no.

[Deleted]

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
1.3.3  arkpdx  replied to  SteevieGee @1.3.2    5 years ago

removed for context

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.3.5  Tacos!  replied to  SteevieGee @1.3.2    5 years ago
If you ask 100 American racists if they are racists 99 of them will say no.

They might be right. Who are you to say otherwise?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.6  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @1.3.5    5 years ago

Duh, he said if you asked a racist if he was a racist, would they say yes?

A deplorable might and be proud of it, or a Klan member but what thinking person would admit it?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.3.7  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @1.3.6    5 years ago

[deleted]

he said if you asked a racist if he was a racist, would they say yes?

I already asked: Who decides they are a racist?

A deplorable might and be proud of it, or a Klan member but what thinking person would admit it?

Thinking people are racists?

Do you have some actual reason to dispute the map and the article I linked to? Why are you so eager to paint America as some kind of capital of racism?

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2  Bob Nelson    5 years ago

The title of this seed is a sweeping generalization.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Bob Nelson @2    5 years ago
sweeping generalization.

"Sweeping generalization" is a subjective term which never should have found it's way into the Coc, as evidenced by how it's been applied.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    5 years ago

Actually the original headline as posted was a lie and the seeder was forced to post the correct headline. 

Sad, that someone that's been on NT for quite a while would try that con, but it is what it is. 

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2.1.2  Bob Nelson  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    5 years ago

Inelligent conversation requires the participants to know the topic in a minimum of detail.

Without sweeping generalizations, some of our members have nothing to say.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2.1.4  Bob Nelson  replied to    5 years ago

Hi, MUVA!

Interesting that you should pop up here. Did you feel an affinity wth my Comment?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.6  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    5 years ago

True enough.  The original headline of the article from all conservative sources such as the authors own site, real Clear Politics, creators syndicate, Town Hall, etc. except NR was considered that.  Google the headline above and the search will surprise.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.7  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to    5 years ago

Well said! jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.8  Vic Eldred  replied to  Bob Nelson @2.1.4    5 years ago

Which ones?  The ones who usually call millions of people racist? (or "clingers" or "deplorables")

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2.1.9  Bob Nelson  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.8    5 years ago
... replied to Bob Nelson @2.1.4

WTF? My 2.1.4 was addressed to MUVA.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.10  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Bob Nelson @2.1.9    5 years ago

And?  

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2.1.11  Bob Nelson  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.10    5 years ago

What?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3  Perrie Halpern R.A.    5 years ago

The article's title has been corrected as well as its source. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4  Vic Eldred    5 years ago

Good article.  So let us ask ourselves why would Corey Townsend rather have Smollett actually attacked than simply caught in a hoax?  Answer - For the same reason the hoax was committed - to further the narrative that Trump supporters are racist and/or that Trump is fostering "racism".  It has been one of the great lies of the left. The real problem for America is not racism but grievance. The perpetrators are progressives who have blamed whites for every deed they don't like and the granting of victim status for all those groups they want to keep firmly under their control.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @4    5 years ago

Excellent summary.  Well said.  

cjfrommn
Professor Silent
5  cjfrommn    5 years ago

well i can suggest that in this case, many who did, believed it because it is not a far fetched story to believe could have occurred. 

it is not a surprising event to have a black person attacked for being black and gay, or for being different when it occurs at the hands of white people( the few white people who do act this way). 

sadly because this is something that occurs from when we are young until we are old.  And there are not many events that can occur to a white person that can be directly connected to being different from birth to death that are noted in history.

in the end, this black man did the wrong thing for the wrong reasons(assuming there are facts that change this presumption of appearing guilty before court happens)

But again,  in my two cents, those who wanted to believe did so in many respects due to what i stated above.  and also to NOTE another instance where this racial incident of (alleged) violence was perpetrated in a manner not noted to date.  meaning we have seen forms of racial attacks coming in different manners. like letters left for black family's at there home, we have seen words in the workplace on black employees lockers. , antics on social media, historical photographed black face (virgina), and so on. But nothing like a noose and assault in a manner that happened in recent times where it reminded me / them of a related event to date.  

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
5.1  SteevieGee  replied to  cjfrommn @5    5 years ago
well i can suggest that in this case, many who did, believed it because it is not a far fetched story to believe could have occurred.

It seems more believable to me than faking it like he did. The fame is where his diabolical scheme came apart.  If he wasn't famous and was just a regular black guy the Chicago PD would have never investigated it.  [Deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  SteevieGee @5.1    5 years ago

Yet still no word from Rump and his supporters about that Coast Guard guy and his stockpiling weapons and ammo and calling to kill lots of democrats and journalists.  Hmmmmmmm

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.1    5 years ago

Yup, we all should denounce the insane:

"Court papers detail a June 2017 draft email in which he wrote that he was "dreaming of a way to kill almost every last person on the earth," and pondering how he might be able to acquire anthrax and toxins to create  botulism  or a deadly influenza.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.2    5 years ago

So please supply a source citing that the turd in chief has mentioned it.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.3    5 years ago

Because he sounds like a homegrown terrorist to me

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
5.1.5  Phoenyx13  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.4    5 years ago
Because he sounds like a homegrown terrorist to me

sorry - that's impossible.. from what i'm told by the conservative minded - terrorists only come from the southern border and a wall will stop 100% of them and 100% of their drugs... at least that's what i'm told... just look at the many comments on NT for proof :)

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  Phoenyx13 @5.1.5    5 years ago
sorry - that's impossible.. from what i'm told by the conservative minded - terrorists only come from the southern border and a wall will stop 100% of them and 100% of their drugs... at least that's what i'm told... just look at the many comments on NT for proof

Who has told you that, and can you provide any quotes to support that statement?

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
5.1.7  Phoenyx13  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.6    5 years ago
Who has told you that, and can you provide any quotes to support that statement?

well if you spend a little time on NT - you'll find plenty of comments from the conservative minded about the topic and why they want the wall built - even the President has stated he believes it'll stop drugs 100% if the wall is built  

Speaking Monday at a joint news conference with Finland’s president, Trump turned his attention back to the wall he has promised to build along the U.S. border with Mexico. “The drugs are pouring in at levels like nobody has ever seen,” Trump said. “We’ll be able to stop them once the wall is up.”

i'm glad i'm not that enamored with the President so i can see both sides ( good and bad ). Anyway, most of rest of my statement is opinion - which is why i stated " I've been told " .. it's anecdotal evidence and i won't pretend to pass it off as fact - which is why i just plainly and clearly stated it's opinion .

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.8  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Phoenyx13 @5.1.7    5 years ago

No one ever said 100%. That’s impossible.  The fact is that extending walls/barriers will reduce the occurrences of trafficking, drugs, would be terrorists, and gangsters crossing the border and that’s enough to justify taking the steps needed to add to the existing border barriers.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  Phoenyx13 @5.1.7    5 years ago

So you claim you have been told by various people and yet, can't come up with a single quote from one member stating what you claim they have told you.

Yeah, that is kind of what I figured would happen.

I am just absolutely shocked.

/S

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1.10  It Is ME  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.9    5 years ago
come up with a single quote from one member stating what you claim they have told you.

"Slim Pickins" !

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
5.1.11  Phoenyx13  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.1.8    5 years ago
No one ever said 100%. That’s impossible.  The fact is that extending walls/barriers will reduce the occurrences of trafficking, drugs, would be terrorists, and gangsters crossing the border and that’s enough to justify taking the steps needed to add to the existing border barriers.

that's an adorably uninformed comment . Most drugs right now come through legal points of entry - correct ?

yes, i know you prefer myths and talking points over facts - but facts don't care about what you prefer, they just exist as fact. So a wall will stop drugs huh ? i don't think so . Would you like to try that again ? right now, the majority of our illegal drugs come through the already legal points of entry - a wall won't stop that
you think it'll stop gangsters and terrorists ? even gangster bosses in jail still run their gangs and coordinate their drug trades - and they are in jail ! so you think a wall will stop them ? 

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
5.1.12  Phoenyx13  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.9    5 years ago
So you claim you have been told by various people and yet, can't come up with a single quote from one member stating what you claim they have told you.

Yeah, that is kind of what I figured would happen.

/S

wait.. you want support for an opinion and you couldn't be bothered to look it up yourself on this very site ? .. yeah, that is kind of what i figured would happen.

/s

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.13  Texan1211  replied to  Phoenyx13 @5.1.12    5 years ago
wait.. you want support for an opinion and you couldn't be bothered to look it up yourself on this very site ? .. yeah, that is kind of what i figured would happen.

So now it is just your opinion that people stated stuff to you? You don't know for a fact whether they did or not? They either did or didn't--it isn't a matter of opinion.

If you insist on claiming that people stated stuff to you, you should be able to provide quotes.

But I won't embarrass you further by asking again, I will just assume in the future that it is pointless and you'll be unable to. Like now.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.14  Texan1211  replied to  It Is ME @5.1.10    5 years ago
"Slim Pickins" !

I know!!!!! Maybe people shouldn't make claims they are unwilling to support.

It sounded like loads of people were saying that stuff, but I have yet to see anyone say it, which is why I asked for proof and that is when it became an "opinion" that they said stuff. Weird shit, huh?

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
5.1.15  Phoenyx13  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.13    5 years ago
So now it is just your opinion that people stated stuff to you? You don't know for a fact whether they did or not? They either did or didn't --it isn't a matter of opinion.

oh they have stated it to me - but that's anecdotal evidence and it's also opinion . You do realize what an opinion is right and how they differ from people stating facts ? ( i can't believe i still have to explain this to you... i had to explain to you what a debate was too.. it's pathetic )

If you insist on claiming that people stated stuff to you, you should be able to provide quotes.

i do insist - it's my personal experiences . I have a variety of friends, conservative minded and liberal minded, religious and non religious . Would you like me to provide their contact information and biographies ? jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

But I won't embarrass you further by asking again, I will just assume in the future that it is pointless and you'll be unable to. Like now.

you have yet to start embarrassing me - but you keep on trying... i could definitely tell you quotes - but you wouldn't know the people ( since we don't know each other in real life ) and for comments on NT - you should use the search function that Perrie has provided to do your own research for a change :) have a good evening :)

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
5.1.16  arkpdx  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.1.8    5 years ago

Funny how those that are saying that a physical barrier should not be built because it won't be 100 percent effective are the same ones that think a piece of paper (new restrictive laws) will be 100 percent effective in keeping criminals and the bad guys from getting guns.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.17  Texan1211  replied to  Phoenyx13 @5.1.15    5 years ago
oh they have stated it to me - but that's anecdotal evidence and it's also opinion. You do realize what an opinion is right and how they differ from people stating facts ? (i can't believe i still have to explain this to you... i had to explain to you what a debate was too.. it's pathetic)

You made the claim that "people" have told you, and I merely asked you for proof, which you have thus far been unable or unwilling to provide. I that as you being unable to provide the statements which you claim were made.

i do insist - it's my personal experiences. I have a variety of friends, conservative minded and liberal minded, religious and non religious. Would you like me to provide their contact information and biographies ?

Quotes would be sufficient, and all I have asked for. If you can't because they don't exist, it's okay, I didn't really believe they did anyways.

you have yet to start embarrassing me - but you keep on trying... i could definitely tell you quotes - but you wouldn't know the people (since we don't know each other in real life) and for comments on NT - you should use the search function that Perrie has provided to do your own research for a change have a good evening

Yes, I realize now that you making statements and then refusing to corroborate them would not be embarrassing to you. And since you made the claim, as you always tell me, it is incumbent on you to prove it, right?

And here, I will let you have the last word, again, since it is important to you. Unless you prove your statements. Which we now know is a lost cause.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.18  Texan1211  replied to  arkpdx @5.1.16    5 years ago
Funny how those that are saying that a physical barrier should not be built because it won't be 100 percent effective are the same ones that think a piece of paper (new restrictive laws) will be 100 percent effective in keeping criminals and the bad guys from getting guns.

The complete lack of logic is rather mind-numbing, isn't it?

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
5.1.19  Phoenyx13  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.17    5 years ago
You made the claim that "people" have told you, and I merely asked you for proof, which you have thus far been unable or unwilling to provide. I that as you being unable to provide the statements which you claim were made.

they sure have - would you like their contact information and biographies ? or would you like videos of them making the statements ? how about i just record all of my conversations in real life from now on so i can provide everything to you when i provide my opinion or anecdotal evidence - does that sound good to you ?

I have quite a few conservative minded friends who are absolutely convinced the wall will stop all drugs ( like the President, which i provided in a earlier link ) and will stop terrorism since only those immigrants coming from the southern border are the terrorists

Quotes would be sufficient, and all I have asked for . If you can't because they don't exist , it's okay, I didn't really believe they did anyways.

i can absolutely give you quotes - i'll provide them along with the contact information and biographies of every person that stated those quotes , sound good to you ? jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Yes, I realize now that you making statements and then refusing to corroborate them would not be embarrassing to you . And since you made the claim, as you always tell me, it is incumbent on you to prove it, right?

it's really pathetic to have to explain this again - if you make the claim to pass off as fact, then yes you are going to have to prove it . if you are simply stating your opinion, then it's a different scenario . most 5th graders know this already, i'm not sure why you are having such a hard time understanding this .

And here, I will let you have the last word, again, since it is important to you. Unless you prove your statements. Which we now know is a lost cause.

you are adorably amusing to say the very least !! thanks for the honor of the last word - considering your comment history :)

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
5.1.20  Phoenyx13  replied to  arkpdx @5.1.16    5 years ago

swing and a miss ! i don't pretend that restrictive gun laws will do anything other than restrict law abiding gun owners from having guns - i support the 2nd amendment. Care to try that again and maybe not fail this time ? (gee... if a piece of paper won't work... you think a wall will ? same concept... yet you support the wall and not the paper... the lack of "logic" is mind numbing..)

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.21  Texan1211  replied to  Phoenyx13 @5.1.19    5 years ago
sorry - that's impossible.. from what i'm told by the conservative minded - terrorists only come from the southern border and a wall will stop 100% of them and 100% of their drugs... at least that's what i'm told... just look at the many comments on NT for proof

Your words. Not opinion. Stated as a fact.

I knew you couldn't anyways.

jrSmiley_30_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_7_smiley_image.png

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
5.1.22  Phoenyx13  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.21    5 years ago
Your words. Not opinion. Stated as a fact. I knew you couldn't anyways.

do you have reading comprehension problems ? from @5.1.7

i'm glad i'm not that enamored with the President so i can see both sides (good and bad). Anyway, most of rest of my statement is opinion - which is why i stated "I've been told" .. it's anecdotal evidence and i won't pretend to pass it off as fact - which is why i just plainly and clearly stated it's opinion.

i'm pretty sure i know what i'm posting my words as much better than you do.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
5.1.23  arkpdx  replied to  Phoenyx13 @5.1.20    5 years ago
swing and a miss

Not really since I was not replying to you nor did I even mention you and you are not the only one that comments in the wall or gun control. 

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
5.1.24  Phoenyx13  replied to  arkpdx @5.1.23    5 years ago
Not really since I was not replying to you nor did I even mention you and you are not the only one that comments in the wall or gun control

oh... you replied to a poster who replied to.... can you tell me who ? .... thanks :)

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.25  Texan1211  replied to  Phoenyx13 @5.1.22    5 years ago
do you have reading comprehension problems ? from @5.1.7

Not at all. I comprehend that once you were called out and asked for proof, your story changed.

i'm pretty sure i know what i'm posting my words as much better than you do.

Really not looking that way.

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
5.1.26  Phoenyx13  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.25    5 years ago
Not at all. I comprehend that once you were called out and asked for proof, your story changed.

apparently you do since you claimed i posted it as a fact when i actually specifically stated it was an opinion.

Really not looking that way

i'm not surprised.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.27  Texan1211  replied to  Phoenyx13 @5.1.26    5 years ago
apparently you do since you claimed i posted it as a fact when i actually specifically stated it was an opinion.

Here is your post. Note the word opinion does not appear in it.

It didn't become "opinion" until I asked you this:

Who has told you that, and can you provide any quotes to support that statement? i'm not surprised.

You shouldn't be.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
5.1.28  arkpdx  replied to  Phoenyx13 @5.1.24    5 years ago

Again it was a general statement and comment and not in anyway directed specifically or in any other way to you. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.29  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  arkpdx @5.1.28    5 years ago

It’s a bummer when something meant as a general comment is taken personally by an individual as if it was directed at an individual.  

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
5.1.30  Phoenyx13  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.27    5 years ago
Here is your post. Note the word opinion does not appear in it.

It didn't become "opinion" until I asked you this:

Who has told you that, and can you provide any quotes to support that statement? i'm not surprised.

You shouldn't be.

here's my post as well --

i'm glad i'm not that enamored with the Presidentso i can see both sides (good and bad). Anyway, most of rest of my statement is opinion - which is why i stated "I've been told" .. it's anecdotal evidence andi won't pretend to pass it off as fact- which is whyi just plainly and clearly stated it's opinion.

this was in reply to your assumption that it was stated as fact. i clarified it for you that it was strictly opinion - i guess you didn't grasp that from my exact words stating it was an opinion ? please get some help with the reading comprehension - if i specifically state it's an opinion then guess what ? i'm not passing it off as fact :) understand ? and i'm definitely not surprised about the lack of reading comprehension at all.

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
5.1.31  Phoenyx13  replied to  arkpdx @5.1.28    5 years ago
Again it was a general statement and comment and not in anyway directed specifically or in any other way to you. 

ok, good deal. i apologize for the assumption otherwise, thanks for clarifying :)

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.32  Texan1211  replied to  Phoenyx13 @5.1.30    5 years ago
this was in reply to your assumption that it was stated as fact. i clarified it for you that it was strictly opinion - i guess you didn't grasp that from my exact words stating it was an opinion ?

So it is your "opinion" that your conservative acquaintances "told" you something.

Wow, that is some weird shit right there.

You might just want to say "I'm making this next part up" and then go into your spiel.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
5.1.33  Cerenkov  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.32    5 years ago

Is it some type of sociopathy when you don't know whether real people told you things? Versus the voices I presume? 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.34  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.18    5 years ago

It is.  You are absolutely right. jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_79_smiley_image.gif

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.35  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.32    5 years ago

As usuall, you make great points!👍

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
5.1.36  Phoenyx13  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.32    5 years ago
So it is your "opinion" that your conservative acquaintances "told" you something.

Wow, that is some weird shit right there.

You might just want to say "I'm making this next part up" and then go into your spiel.

i can't make you understand the words written on your screen, [Deleted] and as if you were unaware (or any of your buddies), you are very far off the mark (unsurprisingly)

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.37  Texan1211  replied to  Phoenyx13 @5.1.36    5 years ago

Yeah, I am not the person who claimed something, got called out on it, then claimed it was an "opinion". That would be you. As I have already proven. And which everyone can easily verify simply by reading what you wrote.

Pray tell us, O Wise One, how someone telling you something can be in any way your opinion? They either did tell you or not, That isn't open to "opinion" in the real world.

Like I stated earlier, next time, preface your "opinion" with "I'm making this part up" before you start your spiel.

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
5.1.38  Phoenyx13  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.37    5 years ago
Yeah, I am not the person who claimed something, got called out on it, then claimed it was an "opinion". That would be you. As I have already proven. And which everyone can easily verify simply by reading what you wrote.

you are adorably amusing to say the very least. It was opinion, i'm sorry that upsets you, but it was opinion and i didn't claim it as fact - as i specifically told you. It's pathetic that i had to explain this to you multiple times. (in fact, it was easy to tell that it was opinion when i stated "I've been told" ... i'm not surprised you didn't figure that out)

Pray tell us, O Wise One, how someone tellingyou something can be in any way your opinion? They either did tell you or not, That isn't open to "opinion" in the real world.

hmmm... well short of giving you my friend's contact information, biographies or posting a video of the conversation - when i restate it as they told me, it would be anecdotal evidence at best which is opinion (viewpoint on an event personally experienced basically or personal testimony - if your Google isn't broken or you have an adult that has extreme patience then i suggest you use those options to understand it). Again, it's pathetic i have to tell you this since you are an adult and should know this already.

Like I stated earlier, next time, preface your "" with "I'm making this part up" before you start your spiel.

next time, please preface all your responses to me with "i'm intentionally being obtuse" before you start your spiel. Thanks :)

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.39  Texan1211  replied to  Phoenyx13 @5.1.38    5 years ago
It was opinion, i'm sorry that upsets you, but it was opinion and i didn't claim it as fact - as i specifically told you. It's pathetic that i had to explain this to you multiple times. (in fact, it was easy to tell that it was opinion when i stated "I've been told" ... i'm not surprised you didn't figure that out)

Still going to hold onto that fantasy that someone can tell you something and it will be your "opinion"? LOL!

Look, let me set you straight. If you say "Some people told me something"--that is NOT opinion, no matter how you try to spin it. It is a fact if they told you or a lie if they didn't.

You have fun spinning, but be careful, you might get dizzy with all of it you are doing.

[Deleted]

60 years on the planet, and never heard anyone say "Someone told me something" and then have that person try to spin it as opinion. Of course, I don't associate with folks who would try that shit. 

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
5.1.40  Phoenyx13  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.39    5 years ago
Still going to hold onto that fantasy that someone can tell you something and it will be your "opinion"? LOL!

[ Deleted ]

Look, let me set you straight. If you say "Some people told me something"--that is NOT opinion, no matter how you try to spin it. It is a fact if they told you or a lie if they didn't.

LOL oh this is rich ! oh they absolutely told me - that's not the opinion part ( again, i won't overestimate your ability to understand in the future ). The opinion part is me repeating it - it becomes personal testimony since it didn't happen on NT and happened in my actual life ( away from NT ). get it yet or do you need someone to draw you a picture ? ( seriously, this is pathetic that i have to keep explaining it to you )

You have fun spinning, but be careful, you might get dizzy with all of it you are doing.

the only one spinning would be you thinking that me repeating something that someone told me ( which becomes personal testimony ) needs evidence to be proven like facts .. would you like a website link to my personal life now ? jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

[ Removed for context ]

Sorry for your luck - i understand English just fine . It seems you don't understand personal testimony ( which is odd since you are religious - don't they testify ? ) or anecdotal evidence - this is completely unsurprising to me considering your comment history .

60 years on the planet, and never heard anyone say "Someone told me something" and then have that person try to spin it as opinion. Of course, I don't associate with folks who would try that shit

60 years on the planet and you still don't know what anecdotal evidence is ? that really is pathetic !

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.41  Texan1211  replied to  Phoenyx13 @5.1.40    5 years ago

years and I have rarely seen the level of spin you are pathetically attempting. Your original statement was that your "conservative friends" had told you something. Simple fact is, you didn't mention "opinion" until I asked for some quotes from the conservative friends of yours, and THEN you claimed your original statement was "opinion".

Hell, even my 6th grade niece knows whether someone told her something or not and can tell the difference between opinion and fact. Should I introduce you?

You keep spinning and jrSmiley_76_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_76_smiley_image.gif. jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
5.1.42  Phoenyx13  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.41    5 years ago
years and I have rarely seen the level of spin you are pathetically attempting. Your original statement was that your "conservative friends" had told you something. Simple fact is, you didn't mention "opinion" until I asked for some quotes from the conservative friends of yours, and THEN you claimed your original statement was "opinion".

here is what is the most amusing - you even admit that i was giving personal testimony which is anecdotal evidence and it is opinion while simultaneously showing your severe ignorance on what anecdotal evidence is . I love it ! keep it up !

Hell, even my 6th grade niece knows whether someone told her something or not and can tell the difference between opinion and fact. Should I introduce you?

why would i want to know your 6th grade niece ? she can tell the difference between opinion and fact - sounds like you should be spending more time talking to her about it so you can understand it too .

You keep spinning and

sorry for your luck - no spin :) but you keep showing off that ignorance on anecdotal evidence ! 60 years and you still didn't figure it out... too late now i suppose . jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.43  Texan1211  replied to  Phoenyx13 @5.1.42    5 years ago

What I figured out is that you changed your little story when pressed for proof. I know, I know, shocking, huh?

You said to look at comments here for "proof".

Still waiting on that magical "proof" you think you have, but are just too darn busy to find.

Because you can't, not that you are unwilling. You made a statement, got called out on it, and have then proceeded to make a fool of yourself over it instead of just admitting your post was untruthful.

[Deleted]

LOL!

Please do come back when you have it all together. 

And here, since it is important to you, and I figure you can't hurt your credibility any more than you already have, please, take the last word.

[Deleted]

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
5.1.44  Phoenyx13  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.43    5 years ago
What I figured out is that you changed your little story when pressed for proof. I know, I know, shocking, huh?

1st clue was when i stated " i've been told "... your 2nd clue was when i specifically told you it was an opinion ... looks like you are a horrible detective .

You said to look at comments here for "proof".

i said look at NT.. not this specific article - this sitejrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Still waiting on that magical "proof" you think you have, but are just too darn busy to find.

are you kidding ? you haven't figured out the search function YET ? i guess 60 years will do that to you. jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif Good luck to you - i still have " faith " you can do it on your own. jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Because you can't, not that you are unwilling. You made a statement, got called out on it, and have then proceeded to make a fool of yourself over it instead of just admitting your post was untruthful.

Dance, monkey, dance!

LOL!

you have quite an imagination , i guess it's the same one that let's you see imaginary entities all around us like Him , right ?

Please do come back when you have it all together. 

And here, since it is important to you, and I figure you can't hurt your credibility any more than you already have, please, take the last word.

LOL! I love it when people don't even know when they are being made to look foolish.

wait.. you consider this making someone look foolish ? are you serious ? that's the best you can do - showing your ignorance about anecdotal evidence and claiming your ignorance on that topic makes me look foolish ? LOL that's hilarious !
thanks for the last word - considering your comment history, it's an honor ... but i'm very far behind your record :) ( yes, look at the comment history.. ya know.. the search function ? that's just one way to do it... )

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.45  Texan1211  replied to  Phoenyx13 @5.1.44    5 years ago

jrSmiley_90_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_90_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_90_smiley_image.gif

jrSmiley_84_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_84_smiley_image.gif

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1.46  It Is ME  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.14    5 years ago
Maybe people shouldn't make claims they are unwilling to support.

It was funny watching the "Jump-on-the-bandwagon" folks Stutter and stammer about this afterwards, then go off on some other tangent about "Race Relations" in this country. They just couldn't bring themselves to say that this guy was an ass and they (liberals) had Fucked Up in their typical "Kneejerk" reactions !

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.47  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  It Is ME @5.1.46    5 years ago

Good points well said!  

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6  Sean Treacy    5 years ago

The unifying glue of the contemporary left consists of victimization and identity politics.   They require a constant siege mentality to maintain their simple "good vs evil" worldview that they are so emotionally invested in.  Everything is Armageddon and has been for the last 20 years, at least.  To many on the left, a Nazi takeover is always just around the corner. 

Its tough for left wingers when reality isn't what they tell themselves it is.  That they've won the culture war.  Simple common sense will tell you a country where the most powerful elected people include openly atheist bisexuals and lesbians and whose government will destroy businesses who don't want to participate in gay ceremonies is not a Christian theocracy. But not being oppressed is not an option.  They need the idea, if not the reality.     

So when a rich, gay black actor's vicious  attacks on Trump are largely ignored and he doesn't become the oppressed hero he wants to be, drastic actions are necessary.  So he invents the oppression as so many, many  others have recently. 

Jews in Nazi Europe didn't fake hate crimes. Blacks in the Jim Crow south didn't either. In actual oppressive, racist societies  attacks happen and the victims aren't heroes given fame and fortune. The state doesn't invest ten times more resources investigating a hate crime then they do a murder.  But a large chunk of the left's entire worldview is invested in believing the US is some oppressive regime that they are heroically resisting.

It's hard to be a hero when no one cares enough to oppress you. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sean Treacy @6    5 years ago

That the USA is an evil oppressive racist state is the mantra of the secular progressive left.  

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6.2  Bob Nelson  replied to  Sean Treacy @6    5 years ago
The unifying glue of the contemporary left consists of victimization and identity politics.

Sweeping generalization. The whole post.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.2.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Bob Nelson @6.2    5 years ago

Virtually all opinion comments and seeds are sweeping generalizations to make a particular point.  In the context here the term above is nothing more than an attempt at content control/censorship of an opinion one does not like.  

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6.2.2  Bob Nelson  replied to  XXJefferson51 @6.2.1    5 years ago
sweeping ... particular

Seriously, C4P... saying two contrary things in the same sentence is pretty impressive.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6.3  Bob Nelson  replied to  Sean Treacy @6    5 years ago
The unifying glue of the contemporary left consists of victimization and identity politics.

The unifying glue of the right is racism.

The right requires a constant siege mentality to maintain the paranoid worldview that they are so emotionally invested in.  Everything is Armageddon and has been for the last 20 years, at least.  To many on the right, a Communist-Nazi-Socialist-BlackPanther-whatever takeover is always just around the corner.

Its tough for right wingers when reality isn't what they tell themselves it is.  That they've won... anything.  Simple common sense will tell you that imagining the government will destroy businesses is crazy paranoid. Hearing imaginary voices saying that the US is a Christian theocracy is crazy paranoid. Holding most levers of power and yet feeling oppressed is crazy paranoid.  They need their crazy paraloia - it is what unites them against reality.

So they make a mountain out of a National Enquirer molehill. Having no serious topics to discuss - would anyone like to propose a replacement for Obamacare, perhaps jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif ? - they must inflate nothing into something. Distract! Deflect!

Jews in Nazi Europe didn't fake hate crimes. They suffered real violence, the genocide of millions. That crime is honored by the neo-fascist, White-supremacist right wing, who are in turn protected by the "ordinary right", including here on NT where their apologists abound.

Blacks in the Jim Crow south didn't fake hate crimes either. They were lynched. The tradition of neo-fascist White-supremacists murdering Blacks continues today, as does the tradition of the "ordinary right" denying it all - "There are good people on both sides."

In actual oppressive, racist societies the minorities die ... as they do here in America! Meanwhile mendacious neo-fascist White-supremacist propagandists obfuscate with straight-up lies. I would post images of the victims of that murder, but NewsTalkers doesn't allow truth if it is ugly.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.3.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Bob Nelson @6.3    5 years ago
The right requires a constant siege mentality to maintain the paranoid worldview that they are so emotionally invested in

Paranoid like claiming "Democracy ended in 2014" like you were a few months ago?  That paranoid?

.  Simple common sense will tell you that imagining the government will destroy businesses is crazy paranoid.

C'Mon, you are playing dumb! At least I hope it's act. After you inability to understand what the word "stalwart" means, I can't say I'm sure. 

ing imaginary voices saying that the US is a Christian theocracy is crazy paranoid.

It's like you've never even been on this site before. Just the other day, someone was freaking out, yet again,  about "christian sharia" law.  Pay better attention.

hey need their crazy paraloia - 

Last decade,we had the George Bush will" cancel elections and rule as a dictator" farce that infected the left.  Then, of course, the loons claimed democracy ended in 2014 . I look forward to the "Trump will cancel the 2020 election" fever that will start in a few months.

tual oppressive, racist societies the minorities die... as they do here in America

Thanks Bob. I knew you'd confirm your belief that America is an oppressive racist society.  You are like the poster child for my post. 

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6.3.2  Bob Nelson  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.3.1    5 years ago
Paranoid like claiming "Democracy ended in 2014"

You led with this beside-the-point, erroneous-definition ad hominum insult. I assume you were hoping to deflect. No. Your intentional misquotes do not amuse me.

... then you did a bit of hand-waving, before concluding brilliantly:

the minorities die... as they do here in America
Thanks Bob. I knew you'd confirm your belief that America is an oppressive racist society.  You are like the poster child for my post.

FOUR THOUSAND have died in America at the hands of White-supremacist terror. The apologism for neo-fascist White-supremacist terrorism demonstrated here on NT by you and a number of others is... sickening.

It's particularly disgusting when an intelligent person turns their intelligence to the service of evil. And make no mistake: neo-fascism and White-supremacy are evil.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.3.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  Bob Nelson @6.3.2    5 years ago

FOUR THOUSAND have died in America at the hands of White-supremacist terror. 

Since when, Bob?  Given your favored "argument", one could simply compare that to other causes of death over that time period and claim you are lying about actually caring about minority deaths.  How many blacks have died at the hands of lawnmowers this century?    

But I would hope you aren't counting incidents from centuries ago to justify claiming that America in 2019 is an "oppressive, racist society."

The apologism for neo-fascist White-supremacist terrorism demonstrated here on NT by you and a number of others is... sickening

Why do you have to make things up to support whatever point you are trying to make? 

Only you could turn my highlighting of the racist Jim Crow governments as exemplars of oppressive, racist government into  "apologism" for terrorism.  Describing your argument as bad faith would be the understatement of the century. 

Racist acts in America are vigorously prosecuted and punished.  Two dozen detectives in Chicago were tasked with hunting down imaginary racists who were at worst guilty of punching Smollett and throwing a noose around his neck.  A murdered kid get the attention of two.   And yet you still call America racist and equate it with Nazi Germany. Sad!

In actual racist, oppressive countries the government doesn't punish racist attacks, they are celebrated. 

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6.3.5  Bob Nelson  replied to  Release The Kraken @6.3.4    5 years ago

... nor is linking hands with neo-fascist White-supremacist apologists...

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6.3.6  Bob Nelson  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.3.3    5 years ago

Sean Treacy... once again doing everything he can to diminish the reality of neo-fascist White-supremacist terrorism in America.

Sean Treacy... making light of four thousand victims.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.3.7  Sean Treacy  replied to  Bob Nelson @6.3.6    5 years ago
Sean Treacy... making light of four thousand victims.

Why do you continuously say things that aren't true?

cjfrommn
Professor Silent
6.3.9  cjfrommn  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.3.7    5 years ago

ooho for shits sake treacy- what number works for you. 

lets say 300 hundred, does that work for you.

does 300 hundred or so dead Americans by fellow Americans, work now. 

the point is or should be..... that enough gun shooting , building bombing and church and school chaos has occurred at the hands of american males that has resulted in victims of YOUR FELLOW AMERICANS.And no real reason for it to have occurred except for this theme of UNHAPPY with life suspects. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.3.10  Sean Treacy  replied to  cjfrommn @6.3.9    5 years ago
W AMERIC

What are you talking about? I have no idea what you are even attempting to argue.

Hate crimes, when they occur, are punished in this country. In actually oppressive countries, they are not.  Feel free to dispute that. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.3.11  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Bob Nelson @6.3    5 years ago

And you complained about sweeping generalizations from others and then post the above? Please be consistent.  

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6.3.12  Bob Nelson  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.3.7    5 years ago

Sean,

You compare lynching to lawnmower accidents... and then deny that you're making light of the lynchings.

I wonder... Are you so accustomed to minimizing the horror of terrorist murder of Black Americans by neo-fascists and White-supremacists that you don't even notice when you do it?

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6.3.13  Bob Nelson  replied to  XXJefferson51 @6.3.11    5 years ago
And you complained about sweeping generalizations from others and then post the above? Please be consistent.

Dear Lord, give me patience!

My post was a Reply, a rephrasing of Sean's Comment 6 .

Please, XX... do try to READ before Replying ...

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
6.3.14  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Bob Nelson @6.3.2    5 years ago
FOUR THOUSAND have died in America at the hands of White-supremacist terror.

over 100 million killed by socialism.... but the left supports that all day long.

why? is the left trying to rack up another 100 million deaths?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.3.15  Tessylo  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @6.3.14    5 years ago

[deleted]

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6.3.16  Bob Nelson  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @6.3.14    5 years ago

Interesting.

You evade the topic of four thousand terrorist murders by American White-supremacists... 

You try to change the subject. 

Do you have a reason for dissimulating American White-supremacist terrorism? 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.3.17  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @6.3.14    5 years ago

Good point.  Well said.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.3.18  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Bob Nelson @6.3.16    5 years ago

Your whole 6.3 thread is an off topic disruption of the seeded article and I don’t care how anyone responds to it or totally ignores it.  

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6.3.19  Bob Nelson  replied to  XXJefferson51 @6.3.18    5 years ago

You really should read your own seeds...

To which I Replied 

The unifying glue of the right is racism.

What's your problem?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.4  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sean Treacy @6    5 years ago

[deleted]

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
7  The Magic 8 Ball    5 years ago
2. The left -- white and black -- is morally and psychologically impaired

not news... LOL

cheers :)

Tacos!
Professor Guide
9  Tacos!    5 years ago

People lose perspective on what matters in life. The attention that comes with victimhood becomes an addiction. They are happiest when they can be outraged about something. As pointed out above by Kavika, above, no particular political ideology is immune to this addiction.

cjfrommn
Professor Silent
9.1  cjfrommn  replied to  Tacos! @9    5 years ago
People lose perspective on what matters in life. The attention that comes with victimhood becomes an addiction. They are happiest when they can be outraged about something. As pointed out above by Kavika, above, no particular political ideology is immune to this addiction.

This comment is made by a member who clearly lacks perspective because your day to day routine has nothing that interferes with it enough to realize that VICTIMHOOD is not an addiction, 

it is a survival technique.

It is the way some people have to LIVE their day to day lives because there are some factors they will never be able to control.

Racist people don't have signs above their heads. or change color like a cartoon before they act. 

So before you keep typing this crap, wonder to yourself this......here's my example ( i know you will reply with the deflection and spin it) 

tacos is in a huge room. This huge room is a flat area and you are standing up. This huge room is blacked out and is as big as a basketball court. this represents your life as a black person. Now in this darkness you see shadows here an there as you try to find an exit out of this darkness.

and boom an exit sign lights up and you make your way across the darkness to it. But then BAM a person with a strobe light bumps into you and shoves you in a different direction (this is a racist fellow american).

now you realize that this racist person interfered with your ability to do what you wanted to do, which is exit this area. And now the exit sign is not visible where you last saw it. 

but again you walk to where you think it was on...then another exit sign lights up and you move towards it and bam two more racist strobe light racist again get in your way before you can get to the exit and the light goes out. 

But Taco your a smart guy so you come up with a plan (that's called hope) to count your steps to the next exit sign and determine that you can get to one with (lets guess) 50 steps.

Bam exit sign goes off and tacos your'e on the move again.. and wow you almost got to the exit sign but guess what another strobe light racist person blocked your way again.

HUMM do you get it..... the exit sign is way many black people want to use to get on with there day to day life.... And yet at ANY UNKNOWN PART OF THAT DAY a strobe light racist can fuck it up. So now try to picture( i know it will be a challenge and struggle) to think of all the good white cops that do there job daily but the one strobe light cop that works that day. Now that strobe light cop acts racist that day and the next and the next and so on--- (do you get it) how many black folks can he effect---deep yes i know!!!

now heres the deep part.... how many strobe light racist could one black person deal with in there life time. I am now 50 years old. and i can recall the first day a classmate called me the N word in grade school. I remember the first time i got stopped by a racist cops with made up P.C. in high school ( car is on a stolen hotlist) funny how my dad worked for the sheriffs office and the officer changed his story....-- to he entered the wrong plate number of my dads new honda( school dance). 

do you get it...... for all the good white people in america ...that only helps so much because they cant help those who can only be seen when they act out. 

But the GREATEST proof positive is now a days is that a lot more white people are tired of seeing these racist white people act out. and thanks to video and youtube they can see it for themselves. And make changes to never be associated with those type of people. that is so much appreciated. 

And yes i know your comment is your opinion but for some of us... the day to day is real. 

Your comment displays to me( in my own opinion) that it shows proof of the disconnect that is really a matter of choosing to not acknowledge the difference.  And that lack of personal or assumed experience makes your comment showing how much you have a loss of PERSPECTIVE based on the words your type.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
10  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    5 years ago

I bet Jussie Smollett wishes it had really happened.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
10.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @10    5 years ago

I’m sure he does both for his legal issues and the propaganda points he could have made against about half of America were it to have been true.