╌>

Ben Carson blasts ‘barbarous’ practice of aborting unborn babies: ‘I can guarantee you they can feel’

Category:  Op/Ed

Via:  make-america-great-again  •  5 years ago  •  118 comments

Ben Carson blasts ‘barbarous’ practice of aborting unborn babies: ‘I can guarantee you they can feel’
Carson expressed disgust at the barbarism of abortion and shock at the new trend of late-term abortion sweeping through the Democratic party. Drawing from his experience as a doctor, Carson described abortion procedures in detail and hit back at the usual left-wing rhetoric to downplay the reality of the lives destroyed. “You have a baby who could live outside of the womb,” Carson said. “But some people feel that it’s okay to murder that baby.” He added, “And the level of barbarism that...

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Celebrated neurosurgeon Ben Carson talked about the evil of abortion at the 2019 Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) Thursday.  Speaking from his experience operating on unborn babies, Carson condemned the “barbarous” practice of abortion and the left’s “totally ignorant” description of babies in the womb as “clump of cells,”  Breitbart  reported.

“I can guarantee you they can feel,” Carson told the crowd in National Harbor, Maryland. “They can react.”

Recent late-term abortion bills in New York and Virginia rolled back restrictions on abortion up until and even after the moment of birth, citing the mother’s health as a justification. Democrats also recently rejected a GOP-backed bill, the Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act, which would have required doctors to provide life-sustaining care to babies who survive botched abortions.

Carson blasts abortion

The Housing and Urban Development Secretary spoke on a panel titled “The Heartbeat of Humanity,” which touched on abortion and the recent late-term abortion push in state and federal legislatures. Penny Nance, president of the conservative group Concerned Women for America, interviewed Carson and Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA), mother of a child with Down syndrome, who both urged CPAC attendees to oppose lawmakers who vote for late-term abortion.

Carson expressed disgust at the barbarism of abortion and shock at the new trend of late-term abortion sweeping through the Democratic party. Drawing from his experience as a doctor, Carson described abortion procedures in detail and hit back at the usual left-wing rhetoric to downplay the reality of the lives destroyed.

“You have a baby who could live outside of the womb,” Carson said. “But some people feel that it’s okay to murder that baby.” He added, “And the level of barbarism that requires — I, quite frankly, don’t know how people can do it.”

“You have to give them anesthesia if you’re going to cut them, believe me,” Carson said. “But they can also respond to comfort and to warmth,” adding, “And for somebody to say that’s a meaningless bunch of cells, honestly, is just totally ignorant.”

Carson expressed his views that life is sacred and marveled at the “amazing” wonder of God’s creation. “That’s a very good question because, with all the technology that we have acquired as human beings, we still don’t have the ability to create life,” he said. “The heart has started to beat,” Carson said. “It’s absolutely amazing.”

He was also skeptical of the “women’s health” argument for late-term abortion, citing the emotional scarring that mothers who have abortions can suffer. “They talk about they’re doing this for the health of the mother,” Carson said. “What about the mother’s mental health that she has to endure for the rest of her life?”

Blasts Dems on infanticide

In a separate interview with Fox, Carson wondered aloud whether society is heading off a cliff with the Left’s recent embrace of late-term abortion. “I think it’s a critical issue because we are talking about the morality of our society,” Carson told Fox. “Are we going off the deep-end here or are we still loving and compassionate people?”

Asked about the Democrats’ rejection of the Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act, Carson said, “I would say please stop and spend a little time educating yourself about what life is all about, and about when babies can feel and when they can respond to external stimulation.”

Democrats should heed Carson’s message. Do they realize what they’re supporting?

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1  seeder  XXJefferson51    5 years ago

“In a separate interview with Fox, Carson wonderedaloud whether society is heading off a cliff with the Left’s recent embrace of late-term abortion. “I think it’s a critical issue because we are talking about the morality of our society,” Carson told Fox. “Are we going off the deep-end here or are we still loving and compassionate people?”

Asked about the Democrats’ rejection of the Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act, Carson said, “I would say please stop and spend a little time educating yourself about what life is all about, and about when babies can feel and when they can respond to external stimulation.””

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1  Split Personality  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    5 years ago
“I would say please stop and spend a little time educating yourself about what life is all about, and about when babies can feel and when they can respond to external stimulation.””

And fish can feel that they are suffocating out of water unless they are being bludgeoned to death,

and baby male chickens are silent as they are being dropped into the shell/chick grinder.

Egg layers beyond their prime are forced head first into metal cones while shrieking, so their throats can be sliced easily.

Humans, despite the pro-life mantra of some, are at war with most life on earth, often times, other humans.

We are at war with competing mammals, insects and reptiles consuming those foolish enough to have been domesticated.

They all have feelings and fear death.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    5 years ago

Another regurgitated seed about this nonsense 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2  seeder  XXJefferson51    5 years ago

HUD Secretary Ben Carson is exactly right about what he said in his speech to CPAC and interview with Fox News about late term abortions.  Since he’s operated on babies before they were born he knows that they are actually human babies and not some objectified clump of cells that can be terminated without remorse for the most selfish of reasons.  

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3  Jasper2529    5 years ago
Asked about the Democrats’ rejection of the Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act, Carson said, “I would say please stop and spend a little time educating yourself about what life is all about, and about when babies can feel and when they can respond to external stimulation.””

Dr. Carson is correct. From personal experience, I know that unborn babies can feel and respond. During one of my wife's pregnancies, she had an amniocentesis test. Our little fellow, at 16 weeks, was very "active", and our OB/GYN had trouble keeping the needle away from him. The reason for keeping the needle away from the baby was because the baby would feel PAIN if pricked. 

Gordy327
Professor Expert
3.1  Gordy327  replied to  Jasper2529 @3    5 years ago
The reason for keeping the needle away from the baby was because the baby would feel PAIN if pricked. 

Response to a stimuli is not the same as feeling pain. At 16 weeks, a fetus has not yet developed the necessary neural pathways to perceive pain. That does not occur until about 28 weeks gestation.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4  Hal A. Lujah    5 years ago

Who is planning on paying for all these unwanted babies?  Certainly not those who are the most vocal about ending abortion.  They’re more interested in tearing down what social safety nets we have.  They are more likely to buy your foreclosed house and rent it back to you at twice your monthly mortgage.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.1  Jasper2529  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @4    5 years ago
Who is planning on paying for all these unwanted babies?

Oh, please. A woman should be able to decide long before the 40th gestational week of her pregnancy or after the birth of her baby whether or not she wants to keep her baby.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4.1.2  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Jasper2529 @4.1    5 years ago

You just said that babies can feel pain at 16 weeks.  Where is your line?

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.1.3  cjcold  replied to  Jasper2529 @4.1    5 years ago

When was the last time you experienced an unwanted pregnancy?

It's not your body so butt out.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4.1.4  Split Personality  replied to  cjcold @4.1.3    5 years ago

1947_eating_popcorn_and_drinking_be.gif?w=280&h=210&fit=crop

Habibertina
Freshman Quiet
4.1.5  Habibertina  replied to  Jasper2529 @4.1    5 years ago

Oh please.  Ben Carson (and you) need to practice what he preaches:  EDUCATE YOURSELF.  These laws regarding late-term abortions place restrictions on such procedures, so it's not a question of whether a woman wants to keep her baby.

But then, you and the Ben Carsons of the world -- like the one who posted this article -- certainly don't let facts get in the way of your rants.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1.6  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Habibertina @4.1.5    5 years ago

And Carson was talking about new secular progressive laws loosening those very restrictions on late 3rd term abortions as well as letting babies already born alive die as if the mother’s intent to have aborted her child trumps the fact that the baby was born alive anyway.  Carson is right on.  

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4.1.7  Split Personality  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.1.6    5 years ago

Live births are instantly protected by The Born Alive Abortion Survivor Act of 2002 and every state's laws covering the same circumstances.

Get educated.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4.1.9  Split Personality  replied to    5 years ago

The mother has no choice if there is a live birth.

End of the discussion.

She can either take the newborn home

or sign the newborn over to a perinatal social worker for adoption.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.10  Tessylo  replied to  Habibertina @4.1.5    5 years ago
'But then, you and the Ben Carsons of the world -- like the one who posted this article -- certainly don't let facts get in the way of your rants.'

This is like the umpteenth regurgitation of this nonsense and outright lies regarding democrats' stance on this issue.

Ben Carson's braindead stance

Michelle Malkin's 

Lara Ingraham's 

and on

and on

and on

and on

and on

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.11  Trout Giggles  replied to    5 years ago

Let me ask you a question. Your baby is born without a brain stem or hydroencephaly or some abnormality. Are you going to spend tens of thousands of dollars for a child that will probably not live to see its second birthday? Or are you going to hold it in your arms, make it as comfortable as you can, and watch it breathe its last breath?

Y'all need some education and fast

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @4    5 years ago
Who is planning on paying for all these unwanted babies?

The wait time to adopt a newborn is between 2 and 7 years.  That's really not an issue.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4.2.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.2    5 years ago

Are you seriously claiming that every abortion could be converted to an adoption?  What about those babies who end up being born with disabilities?  Are you planning on forcing that baby on the non-maternal mother?  Or will that burden fall on the mother who didn’t want a baby to begin with?  This is not a black and white subject.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4.2.3  Hal A. Lujah  replied to    5 years ago

You are dreaming.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4.2.5  Hal A. Lujah  replied to    5 years ago

Did you knowingly adopt a disabled child?  No?  Then how does your comment have anything to do with the issue of adopting disabled babies?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4.2.7  Hal A. Lujah  replied to    5 years ago

You are clearly on another page in this conversation.  We’re talking about the statistically guaranteed fact that some percentage of abortions would end up as a special needs child if the abortion had not occurred.  Obviously, the vast majority of women seeking an abortion would not have any indication that their unborn was destined to be disabled.  Try to keep up here.

And don’t pull the disabled family member card.  I too have a family member who has had millions of dollars worth of surgeries, to correct a fatal heart defect in his case, and worthy of note - all paid for by the federal government, ie your taxes.  The mother was given the option of abortion late in her term, when the defect was discovered.  She chose not to terminate, and I have a fifth grandchild as a result.  

The other day my daughter posted another heartbreaking story on her Facebook page about a heart baby with a condition identical to her son’s, who unexpectedly died due to their condition.  This one died at three years old in daycare, the same age as my grandson.  My daughter is forever haunted by this potential outcome.  She dotes over that boy like a mother possessed with keeping him safe and healthy, but she knows how easily it can all end.  It is a brutal decision to make when you know what the reality is, and it should be entirely the mother’s decision to make.  If she chooses to not terminate even though she clearly doesn’t have the financial means to meet his needs without social support, then don’t you dare complain about those “takers” spending millions of your tax dollars on their free healthcare.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.2.9  Gordy327  replied to    5 years ago
So you think it's ok to abort handicapped children and not even try to give them a life? 

That's up to the woman who is pregnant to decide.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.10  Tessylo  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @4.2.5    5 years ago
'Then how does your comment have anything to do with the issue of adopting disabled babies?'

Absolutely nothing.  

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.2.11  Dulay  replied to    5 years ago
So you think it's ok to abort handicapped children and not even try to give them a life? 

Does the mother of a baby have the right to remove life support? 

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.2.13  Dulay  replied to    5 years ago

There is no such thing as abortion AFTER being born. Sheesh...

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.2.16  Dulay  replied to    5 years ago
I would like you to answer my question I posed.

I would like you to recognize that since there it no such thing as abortion AFTER birth, your question is ridiculous. In FACT, for that reason, all of the BS about 'they are aborting their babies after they are born' is ridiculous. 

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.2.18  Gordy327  replied to    5 years ago

Abortions are not done after birth. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.2.19  Dulay  replied to    5 years ago

Then pose your question cogently MUVA. 

Oh, who the hell is Ralph? 

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.2.22  Dulay  replied to    5 years ago
Ralph is the governor of Va.

So you're misrepresenting what he said too. 

If you really don't understand the questionI'm done with you it means you don't have ability to converse with a someone you disagree with politically.

It has nothing to do whit disagreements. You've admitted TWICE that you misstated your question and now you claim that I don't understand it. 

Utter obfuscation. 

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.2.23  Gordy327  replied to    5 years ago

That "procedure" is called "comfort measures." It allows natural death to occur when there is no hope of recovery or no quality of life, rather than forcing interventions which will ultimately be futile to prolong life. We do it for adults too.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.3  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @4    5 years ago

So we terminate human life over 💰 money?  

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4.3.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.3    5 years ago

Humans live outside the body, without medical assistance.  Please do not pretend that you are willing to help pay for unprepared mothers to raise their unwanted children.  We all know that is a lie.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.3.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @4.3.1    5 years ago

I am prepared to see them adopted by prepared families who do want them.  

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.3.3  cjcold  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @4.3.1    5 years ago

Funny how far right wingers care for fetuses but deny health care for babies and new mothers.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
4.3.4  lady in black  replied to  cjcold @4.3.3    5 years ago

They are pro birth, once born they are anti child

Ender
Professor Principal
4.3.6  Ender  replied to  Release The Kraken @4.3.5    5 years ago

" Let them eat cake " is the traditional translation of the  French  phrase " Qu'ils mangent de la brioche ", supposedly spoken by "a great princess" upon learning that the peasants had no bread. Since  brioche  was a luxury bread enriched with butter and eggs, the quotation would reflect the princess's disregard for the peasants, or her poor understanding of their situation.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.3.7  cjcold  replied to  Release The Kraken @4.3.5    5 years ago
irresponsible?

Pretty sure this world will fuck you over no matter how responsible you are.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4.3.8  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.3.2    5 years ago

In 2015, 638,169 legal induced abortions were reported to CDC from 49 reporting areas.

Are there 1,748 Americans looking to adopt every day?  Do the math, Christians.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4.3.9  Split Personality  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.3    5 years ago

Is life a gift from God?

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
4.3.10  Phoenyx13  replied to  Release The Kraken @4.3.5    5 years ago
What? You mean mommy and daddy are irresponsible? They can't work and insure their kids?

gee.. that must be it ... it always must be mommy and daddy being irresponsible and not working to insure their kids .. yeap.. every time... jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif ( please don't tell me i need to add a /s tag )

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.3.11  cjcold  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @4.3.8    5 years ago

Considering that the vast majority of the world's problems are due to unsustainable overpopulation, why take away any viable alternative to an unwanted pregnancy?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4.3.15  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  cjcold @4.3.11    5 years ago

Can you imagine an America with an extra 1,500 unwanted kids per day?  Living in loveless homes, with little supervision because the mothers are working 3 jobs to feed, clothe, shelter and insure the kid(s) she never wanted, but was forced into keeping in high school.  The logical outcome is a cash cow for the prison system, and a never ending fountain of self serving red meat outrage for conservatives.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.3.16  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Split Personality @4.3.9    5 years ago

Yes.  God created life.  It is His gift.  

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4.3.17  bbl-1  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.3    5 years ago

Of course.  We're in Supply Side.  Get with the program or get the hell out of the way.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4.3.18  Split Personality  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.3    5 years ago

We terminate most life for $$,

why is another human's regulation of her body or her family any different,

or any of your business?

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
4.3.19  Phoenyx13  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.3.16    5 years ago

so, due to your religious belief that God created life - you wish to impose your beliefs and restrictions on everyone else through the lense of your religious beliefs so that women become nothing more than breeding mares and you can control what others do with their bodies ?

charger 383
Professor Silent
4.3.20  charger 383  replied to  cjcold @4.3.11    5 years ago

very true

lib50
Professor Silent
4.3.21  lib50  replied to    5 years ago

If everybody were perfect and accidents and exceptions didn't happen, you might make sense.  But when the same people who think abortions are just easy birth control also go out of their way to make contraception more expensive and less covered by insurance,  it says the opposite.    Men don't pay a price for not using contraception and often refuse.  Women often don't have insurance coverage or the means to afford other forms (because Hobby Lobby decided that for them).  Certain states also try to stop women from abortion access and by the time the can, they are further along.  But the thing that really pisses me off is the smug patronizing comments by (mostly) men slut shaming women for doing something natural, something men don't get judged for AT ALL (case in point, pussygrabber and adulterer in chief).  No thanks,  and stop trying to stop women from obtaining FULL healthcare that includes contraception.  Because most men (and too many women) say really stupid and ignorant things about this all the time. 

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.3.22  Gordy327  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.3.16    5 years ago

That's nice. Prove it!

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.3.25  Kavika   replied to    5 years ago

Abortions have been declining for decades. They are now at the lowest level since Row vs Wade.

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.3.27  Kavika   replied to    5 years ago

I don't know what is ''good enough''....They are in decline and that is a positive IMO.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.3.28  cjcold  replied to    5 years ago

So you support planned parenthood?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4.3.29  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  lib50 @4.3.21    5 years ago

[Deleted]

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4.3.32  Hal A. Lujah  replied to    5 years ago

So you’re saying one of two things:  1) no pregnancy is ever the result of an accident, or 2) abstinence is the only solution.  Tell that to Mother Nature.

The funny thing is, the conservatives who preach the abstinence line are typically so mentally and physically unattractive that they don’t have to worry about getting pregnant in the first place.  They’ve got no skin in the game, literally or figuratively.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4.3.34  Hal A. Lujah  replied to    5 years ago

Few an far between spread across tens of millions of people regularly having sex amounts to a number like 638,169 unwanted pregnancies per year.  It’s called math.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4.3.37  Hal A. Lujah  replied to    5 years ago

112,800,000 US citizens 18 to 44

conservatively assume they have sex an average of once a month

638,169 abortions per year

Let’s math:

638,169/(112.8m x 12) = 0.047% of sexual encounters end in abortion per year.

Is that “few and far between” enough for you?

Btw, I have two kids, and my kids have five kids, all unplanned and not aborted.  You can step down from your throne of morality now.  And I didn’t even have rich in-laws forking over money and opportunity to me like you did.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4.3.39  Hal A. Lujah  replied to    5 years ago

They had better access to birth control.  The ultimate irony is that it’s you conservatives that are trying to roll back that accomplishment.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
4.3.40  Dean Moriarty  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @4.3.39    5 years ago

I think they sell condoms at gas stations and convenience stores. Is there really limited access to birth control? 

lady in black
Professor Quiet
4.3.41  lady in black  replied to  Dean Moriarty @4.3.40    5 years ago

Condoms break 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4.3.42  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Dean Moriarty @4.3.40    5 years ago

I don’t mind a minuscule portion of my taxes going to provide free condoms to people on tight budgets, or even for people who are just bad a saving money.  The alternative can be hugely expensive for society in general.  It would be worth it to just send them out in the mail for free to whoever wants them.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4.3.44  Hal A. Lujah  replied to    5 years ago

Lol.  Another self serving, self defeating ideology.  Congratulations.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.3.45  Tessylo  replied to    5 years ago

[Deleted]

lady in black
Professor Quiet
4.3.46  lady in black  replied to    5 years ago

I'm referring to people who bitch, moan and complain about having their tax dollars used for any and all social services.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4.3.49  Hal A. Lujah  replied to    5 years ago

Let’s see - you refuse to acknowledge that fewer unwanted pregnancies benefits society as a whole (which is self defeating), and you certainly don’t want to contribute a “very small” amount of your tax money towards that goal (which is self serving to the extreme).

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4.3.51  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @4.3.29    5 years ago

[Deleted]

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4.3.52  Hal A. Lujah  replied to    5 years ago

Nah, I’m done here.  You’ve made your backwards assed argument clear to everyone reading it.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
4.3.53  lady in black  replied to    5 years ago

Yes I do.  Once upon a time I was working at a fast food restaurant with NO benefits, my husband was in college and working part time with NO benefits, I got pregnant and went on welfare when I was six months along, for a year and a half, long enough for my husband to graduate college and get a job and I could go back to work.  He then worked days and I worked nights.  It was there when I needed it and I don't begrudge others that need it.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4.3.54  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.3    5 years ago

Or something even smaller like a radio station?

" Grabbing the camping knife I carried in my back pocket, I snapped it open and lunged for the boy who had been my friend. With all the power of my young muscles, I thrust the knife toward his belly. The knife hit the big, heavy ROTC buckle with such force that the blade snapped and dropped to the ground. I stared at the broken blade and went weak. I had almost killed him. I had almost killed my friend.” -Ben Carson

" Carson was 14 years old. He and his friend were arguing over radio stations. The disagreement escalated, Carson tried to stab him, and the blade ended up hitting his friend’s belt buckle—causing the knife to break and saving Carson and his victim from harm."

That's the conservatives anti-choice hero?

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.3.55  Gordy327  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.3    5 years ago

Financial status is a legitimate concern when deciding if having a child is feasible or not.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.3.56  Tessylo  replied to    5 years ago

[Deleted]

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4.3.57  Split Personality  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.3.16    5 years ago

Then Ben should not be one of your heroes, as he interfered with this gift.

What's the phrase?  'What God has joined together let no man put asunder.'

Separating twins conjoined at the head violates the Hippocratic Oath.

His first pair were institutionalized for life; it destroyed the parents marriage and the mothers faith.

The second pair died on the table.

Of the 3rd pair, one died, one survived, blind, unable to walk well and developmentally "challenged" but sentient.

In 1994, both South African girls died, one on the table, the other a few days later.

In 1997 two Zambian twins joined at the back of the skull, were separated and at least according to Carson were neurologically normal and still alive in 2015.

Of the five sets of Siamese twins, or 10 individuals, which Carson surgically attempted to separate, five people died and two were institutionalized with serious neurological damage. According to the New York Times, those results are not anymore stellar than the results dating back to the 1920s. In The Times report on the Bijani adult twins, writers Wayne Arnold and Denise Grady report the following:

“Similar operations have been reported on 30 to 40 sets of infants and young children since the 1920’s, but the death rate has been high, about 50 percent, and many survivors have suffered brain damage.”

Abortion would have been a more humane option IMHO.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.3.58  Gordy327  replied to  Split Personality @4.3.57    5 years ago
Abortion would have been a more humane option IMHO.

But somehow, some view abortion as the most terrible thing ever. Go figure.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.3.59  Tessylo  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @4.3.37    5 years ago
'Btw, I have two kids, and my kids have five kids, all unplanned and not aborted.  You can step down from your throne of morality now.  And I didn’t even have rich in-laws forking over money and opportunity to me like you did.'

jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.3.60  Tessylo  replied to    5 years ago
How? I bet you can't explain what you just posted.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.3.61  Trout Giggles  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.3    5 years ago

Why not? We do it every day. How many young lives were lost fighting stupid wars like Vietnam and Iraq?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.3.62  Trout Giggles  replied to  Dean Moriarty @4.3.40    5 years ago

Are you one of those men who actually buys the condoms at the gas station or do you insist that the women buy them?

Just curious because you seem to be one of those men on here that think birth control is strictly the responsibility of women. I've seen you say that a time or two. Something along the lines of "if women don't want to get pregnant they shouldn't have sex" or " accept the consequences of sex even if you use birth control (like pregnancy)."

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.3.64  Trout Giggles  replied to  Release The Kraken @4.3.63    5 years ago

Well, it's not like they're recyclable or something.....

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5  bbl-1    5 years ago

Celebrated affirmative action neurosurgeon Ben Carson threw the bloody meat to the faithless at the CPAC klavern today.  Wonder who or what showed him how to get there?  And will the same who or what show him how to get home?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  bbl-1 @5    5 years ago

He was the best neurosurgeon in the world during his career and he was speaking of his own experience of operating on preborn babies and what they are like and could feel.  HUD Secretary Carson was speaking from his own experiences Thursday.  

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.1.1  Split Personality  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.1    5 years ago
He was the best neurosurgeon in the world during his career

Not even close.

He was unique because of his race, age and religious beliefs.

He took cases, that the best neurosurgeons in the world declined to perform, and Carson had average success rates.

Separating conjoined twins, his failure rate was the same as any other neurosurgeon at the time or past, 80%.

In more recent surgery's, at least one twin survives 75% of the time,

so one could say that Carson's success rate of 20% has been improved to about 37% by his successors.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Split Personality @5.1.1    5 years ago

So he's not that great

Dulay
Professor Expert
6  Dulay    5 years ago
“I can guarantee you they can feel,” Carson told the crowd in National Harbor, Maryland.

I can guarantee that you can't guarantee that. 

charger 383
Professor Silent
7  charger 383    5 years ago

This country is overpopulated, reducing both the birthrate and immigration is needed very much and fast

cjcold
Professor Quiet
8  cjcold    5 years ago

Ben Carson was sued for malpractice at least 8 times.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
8.1  Split Personality  replied to  cjcold @8    5 years ago

and his "amazing gifts" of neurological surgical skills separating conjoined twins ?

20% success rate, same as those who went before him.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
8.1.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Split Personality @8.1    5 years ago

He’s got an amazing gift for picking out expensive dining room furniture at taxpayer expense.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
8.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  cjcold @8    5 years ago

The Daily Beast cites a study from the New England Journal of Medicine, published in 2011, which found that neurosurgeons face a higher risk of malpractice than other physicians, and 19 percent of neurosurgeons face malpractice claims each year (as opposed to, say, just 5 percent of doctors who practice family medicine, for example). So eight lawsuits across the length of Carson's career actually isn't out of the ordinary for such a risky field. There's also no way to know how trustworthy the claims against Carson actually were, without the court records.

A recent article in The Guardian, meanwhile, describes several of the other cases against Carson, including a woman who claims a surgery Carson performed gave her severe nerve damage. (Carson argues that the patient was aware of the risks of the procedure.) Still, The Guardian also notes that the number of claims against Carson isn't out of the ordinary, as he performed about 400 operations yearly at the peak of his career.

Carson has been praised for his work separating conjoined twins, and many patients would defend his record as a neurosurgeon. It's impossible for us to truly know what happened in the cases presented against Carson, but they shouldn't affect voters' views of him as a presidential candidate. If anything, Carson's neurosurgery career proves that he's able to handle an incredibly risky and stressful job, which could actually prepare him to be president quite well.   

https://www.bustle.com/articles/121524-why-was-ben-carson-sued-the-neurosurgeons-malpractice-suits-actually-arent-all-that-unusual

Split Personality
Professor Guide
8.2.1  Split Personality  replied to  XXJefferson51 @8.2    5 years ago
If anything, Carson's neurosurgery career proves that he's able to handle an incredibly risky and stressful job, which could actually prepare him to be president quite well.

Well that ship has sailed and we can thank Mr Trump for exposing Ben Carson as "not ready for prime time" during the 'debates'.

Veronica
Professor Guide
9  Veronica    5 years ago

A "gift from God".  That all-knowing, ever loving being that fails to see that "He" implanted a fertilized egg into a woman that is going to terminate her pregnancy.  LOL LOL - so much for all knowing.  Or that "he" implanted a fertilized egg into a woman that will abuse the child.  LOL LOL LOL - so much for ever loving.