╌>

How a 3 a.m. bar fight left a WV delegate blind

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sandy-2021492  •  5 years ago  •  9 comments

How a 3 a.m. bar fight left a WV delegate blind

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

More than 12 years after Eric Porterfield lost his vision in a parking lot brawl, his legal battle against the bar where it happened continues.

Porterfield, now a Republican member of the House of Delegates from Mercer County, started that night in 2006 at a strip club in Harvey, Illinois, a tough suburb just south of Chicago.

It ended in a fight involving as many as 10 people outside a now-closed Indiana bar about 30 minutes away. The fight left Porterfield completely blind at 32 years old.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1  seeder  sandy-2021492    5 years ago

Earlier this year, Porterfield garnered notoriety statewide for his   anti-gay and lesbian sentiments and use of a slur in a committee meeting . He entered the national spotlight when, defending himself, he   compared gay people to the Ku Klux Klan, “without wearing hoods.”

In a 20-minute broadcast interview, he repeated the sentiments and cast himself as the victim, given the feedback and threats he said he received. When asked how he would respond if his son and daughter, as teenagers, told him they were gay, he   seemed to imply drowning them .

“Well, I will address my daughter first: I would take her for a pedicure, I’d take her to get her nails done, and see if she can swim,” he said. “If it was my son, I would probably take him hunting, I would take him fishing, and I’d see if he can swim.”

Ender
Professor Principal
3  Ender    5 years ago

So much for republicans wanting tort reform.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
4  seeder  sandy-2021492    5 years ago

So, a preacher whose church likely frowns on strip clubs leaves a strip club, goes to a bar, insults a woman his friend grabbed, and (probably) starts a fight he can't finish.  Years later, he shows us all that he's still an asshole by insulting gay people and telling us he'd drown his own children.

Well chosen, WV.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
5  lady in black    5 years ago

Another faux christian looking for a payout.  How this POS got elected is beyond me but then again it is WV.

Kavika
Professor Principal
6  Kavika     5 years ago

No sympathy for this scum. 

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
7  Phoenyx13    5 years ago

i find this impossible... i have been told a few times that Republicans are friends of the LGBT community and fully support them... so this simply must be more Conservative Christian Persecution at play.. because we know they are constantly censored and persecuted for just being innocent angels... right ?