╌>

How UberEats uses data to help restaurants rebrand online, creating entirely new eateries

Category:  Stock Market & Investments

Via:  perrie-halpern  •  5 years ago  •  12 comments

How UberEats uses data to help restaurants rebrand online, creating entirely new eateries
UberEats is using data to help restaurants reach more online customers, turning one Chicago pizzeria into eight different virtual eateries. Critics warn that expanding the availability of takeout could adversely impact communities where access to healthy food is already limited.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.    5 years ago

So now you don't even have to get off your couch to get a meal. The ultimate couch potato invention! 

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
2  dave-2693993    5 years ago

Unfortunately, the vid won't play for me. So let me ask, in practice how is this any different than, say, pizza delivery which has been around for a good long while?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  dave-2693993 @2    5 years ago

It's faster and it's literally any kind of food. 

btw, what browser are you using? I am trying to figure out why the vid isn't playing for you.

Ender
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Ender  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.1    5 years ago

Worked for me. I use chrome.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.1.2  Raven Wing  replied to  Ender @2.1.1    5 years ago

Same here.

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
2.1.3  dave-2693993  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.1    5 years ago

Okay, thank you.

I am using Fireox, but I have a Chrome, Yandex and a Maxthon too.

Perrie, I wouldn't waste too much time on it. I was tired, under the weather and didn't feel like experimenting at the time.

Thank you again.

Ender
Professor Principal
3  Ender    5 years ago

Sort of takes away the experience of going out to eat. Takes away any social aspect.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
3.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Ender @3    5 years ago

I agree.  If you’re not going to a restaurant then learn to cook.  Otherwise your food budget will explode, along with your waistline.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4  Hal A. Lujah    5 years ago

I’m holding out for PrimeEats.  Free Delivery.  Amazon is amazing.  You can buy something from China and not pay for delivery.  You can’t even get a waiter to deliver something across the room without paying them.