╌>

ISRAELI COMPANY CREATING WATER FROM PLAIN AIR EYES GLOBAL EXPANSION

Category:  World News

Via:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  5 years ago  •  29 comments

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The company’s large-scale generator can produce up to 5,000 liters of clean water every day, requiring no infrastructure other than a standard electricity supply.

A Watergen machine produces clean drinking-quality water from the air . (photo credit: PR)

It might sound like a sophisticated magic trick or even a biblical story, but one Israeli company’s groundbreaking technology can create fresh drinking-quality water from nothing but plain air.

Established in 2009, Rishon Lezion-based Watergen is the ambitious company behind the development, tapping into atmospheric water to produce safe water wherever it is most needed.

The company, chaired by Israeli-Georgian businessman and philanthropist Mikhael Mirilashvili, has set its sights on expanding its renewable and energy-efficient clean water solution to the 2.1 billion people worldwide who lack access to safe water at home – and wherever else it might be needed.

In recent months, the system has been donated to authorities in Brazil, Vietnam and India. It has also assisted rescue and recovery efforts during the 2018 California wildfires and provided clean water to the residents of Texas and Florida in the aftermath of the devastation caused by Hurricanes Harvey and Irma.

“Our main target is to save and improve people’s lives all around the world,” Mirilashvili told   The Jerusalem Post.   “We also aim to remove plastic from earth, to reduce the global carbon footprint, and of course make our planet cleaner and safer.”

How does the system work? First, Watergen’s built-in blower draws air from the atmosphere into the system’s atmospheric water generator. There, an internal filter cleanses the air by removing dust and dirt. Once clean, the air is directed through the GENius heat exchange and cooling process, and condensed into water.

The water is then filtered again to remove impurities and add minerals, resulting in fresh drinking-quality water. Once produced, the water is continuously circulated in a built-in reservoir to preserve its freshness.
The company’s large-scale generator can produce up to 5,000 liters of clean water every day, requiring no infrastructure other than a standard electricity supply.

Its medium-scale generator can produce up to 900 liters of clean water every day. The “Genny,” a plug-in home or office generator, can produce up to 27 liters per day.

“We are already saving thousands of lives and we are aiming to expand all over the world as soon as possible. Our greatest problem is that we cannot supply the growing demand,” said Mirilashvili.

Scaling up production is now one of the key objectives of the company, in addition to its three existing manufacturing facilities in Israel and the United States.

“Only this year, we are planning to build manufacturing facilities in Vietnam, India, China, Brazil, Hungary and Ukraine,” said Mirilashvili. “And another factory just to manufacture the GENius – the patented heat exchanger – which will be built in Israel.”

A Watergen machine in use in New Delhi, India (Credit: PR)

In January 2019, Watergen announced that it had partnered with the Red Cross to develop a new Emergency Response Vehicle (ERV) for providing fresh water to even the most challenging disaster zones. Equipped with a water generator capable of producing 900 liters of water per day, the ERV can be at the scene of an emergency in little time.

“Our scientist developed the vehicle-integrated atmospheric water generator. It can be integrated in cars, buses, trains, yachts and ships. Now we are left just with airplanes, but we’ll manage this too,” said Mirilashvili.  

"Recently, we had a visit from the Brazilian minister of science, former astronaut Marcos Pontes. He asked whether we can produce something to send into space. I hadn't considered it, but we will try and think of something."

Prior to Mirilashvili’s arrival at the company, its Israeli founders initially aimed to use the technology to reduce home appliance power consumption.

“They didn’t see the potential in generating water,” he said. “They already had collaborations with very large companies like Bosch and Siemens to implement the products inside their home appliances. There was money on the table. Personally, I can understand them, because tackling such a global issue without our strength and vision is very hard.”

People drink from a Watergen machine in Florida after Hurricane Irma, September 2017 (Credit: PR)

While the technology is now firmly focused on tackling the global water shortage, the company has maintained the energy-efficient edge of its early-day designers and boasts the world’s most energy-efficient atmospheric water production system.

Whereas other commercially-available water generators rely on conventional air conditioning and dehumidifying technology to generate drinking water at rates ranging from 650 to 850 watt-hours per liter, Watergen produces safe drinking water at only 250Wh/L – or, in financial terms, a mere two to four cents per liter.

“My first priority is not how to make money but to help people, the planet and make   kiddush hashem   (sanctify God’s name),” said Mirilashvili. “Regarding the revenues, only God decides who makes money and how much.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

Yet another miraculous invention/discovery/development that Israel comes up with to benefit the whole world.  

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1  Split Personality  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1    5 years ago

The only downside is the purity of the water.  How does a filter remove impurities and add minerals?

Pure water is actually bad for mammals, they need dissolved minerals in the water and electrolytes

which is why reverse osmosis and condenser discharge, like distilled water, is generally not a good idea to drink.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Split Personality @1.1    5 years ago

The article did contain this statement:

"The water is then filtered again to remove impurities and add minerals, resulting in fresh drinking-quality water."

Maybe it's not perfect spring water, but I think if you have NO water, or have to drink from cesspool-quality puddles, this is not a bad solution. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.2  TᵢG  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.1    5 years ago

Plus, another add-on process could condition the water to be healthier.

Enoch
Masters Quiet
1.2  Enoch  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1    5 years ago

Dear Brother Buzz: This is a good illustration of a quotation by the late Prime Minister of Israel, David Ben-Gurion.

"In Israel, in order to be a realist, one must believe in miracles".

A nation, surrounded by at least a dozen neighbors wanting to exterminate it, the size of Rhode Island has given the world all out of proportion to its size, population and natural resources so much.

"Nes Gadol Hayah Sham".

A great miracle happened there.

It continues.

P&AB.

Enoch.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2  TᵢG    5 years ago
Watergen produces safe drinking water at only 250Wh/L – or, in financial terms, a mere two to four cents per liter.

Clever idea with, it would seem, quality engineering.   Seems one could produce water (the most critical factor in disaster survival) armed only with air and a source of electricity (which apparently could be a generator if normal electrical power is out).

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.1  Split Personality  replied to  TᵢG @2    5 years ago

Similar in concept to portable oxygen concentrators

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.2  Krishna  replied to  TᵢG @2    5 years ago

Clever idea with, it would seem, quality engineering.   Seems one could produce water (the most critical factor in disaster survival) armed only with air and a source of electricity (which apparently could be a generator if normal electrical power is out).

Israeli technology is amazing-- especially considering the small size of the country. Initially it was focused mainly on military innovation (as they were surrounded by several hostile countries who sought to annihilate them). The other main focus was in extremely innovative solutions to agricultural problems. In following years the focus turned more towards hi-tech. Computer technologies increased significantly.

Actually for years perhaps their main contribution to agriculture was in the area of drip irrigation-- systems that are used in many previously barren areas worldwide:

Usage of a plastic emitter in drip irrigation was developed in Israel by Simcha Blass and his son Yeshayahu.[5] Instead of releasing water through tiny holes easily blocked by tiny particles, water was released through larger and longer passageways by using velocity to slow water inside a plastic emitter. The first experimental system of this type was established in 1959 by Blass who partnered later (1964) with Kibbutz Hatzerim to create an irrigation company called Netafim. Together they developed and patented the first practical surface drip irrigation emitter.[3][4]

(I was surprised when I read this. I was hitch-hiking around North Africa and the European Meditteranean in 1966. Then I went from Athens to Jerusalem,and immediately headed south to then the Negev desert.  I wanted to experience living on a communal farm ("Kibbutz") in the desert. The one I was was on was-- Hatzerim! (Interestingly,  I was unaware of their work with drip irrigation at the time-- I worked all day with the Chickens! :-)

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
3  Cerenkov    5 years ago

I feel sorry for the BDS folks that will surely spurn this lifesaving device in their hour of need.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Cerenkov @3    5 years ago

If they drink the water from one of those machines they're proving their hypocrisy.  Of course if they use a cellphone or a computer they already ARE hypocrites.  

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.1.1  Split Personality  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1    5 years ago
Of course if they use a cellphone or a computer they already ARE hypocrites.  

Buzz....................car phones were round for a while, but Martin Cooper, a Motorola engineer, envisioned them as a separate entity, not a great leap, but boy were they heavy.

Martin Cooper is an American, not an Israeli.  He was an American senior development engineer at Motorola, not a Jewish engineer...

Please tell us, who in your opinion invented the first computer?

Are we talking about the abucus, the slide rule or ENIAC, Collossus or Bombe  ?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.2  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Split Personality @3.1.1    5 years ago

I made that statement because present day computers and cellphones use parts and processes that were invented and produced in Israel, such as INTEL. I wasn't thinking back to the time when a Japanese real estate agent came into my office many decades ago carrying a big suitcase that contained her MOBILE phone and its big battery and control box.  Eventually, when I got caught in heavy traffic on my way to an important meeting and had no way to call there I then bought my first MOBILE car phone which had a control box mounted in the trunk - it was the 1970s I think.

The abacus is not a computer, it's just a calculator - I have seen old street vendors here using them..  I'll bet the first computer was invented in the USA.

Yahoo Best Answer:

Yes cellular phones were invented in Israel. Mobile phones that predated cellular were not. The key components were invented in Israel.... that made them smaller & practical (i.e. cellular technology). 

Much of this initial work that brought them into modern use for everyday people, was done at the Motorola plant in Israel. The first offiicial call was by Motorola in the U.S. The unofficial test calls before that were in Israel. 

And as well:  All Intel Pentium and Celeron computer processor chips in personal computers (desktops, laptops and notebooks were either developed or manufactured in Israel.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.3  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Split Personality @3.1.1    5 years ago

ISRAEL21c is a news source that reports on Israeli inventions/processes/discoveries/developments but since it isn't "rated" by MBFC it is not a permitted source on NT, which makes me furious.  Anyway, if you want to learn about inventions, processes, developments and discoveries that are Israeli, you can click on this link:

That is a SEVEN YEAR OLD REPORT.  Can you imagine what has happened since?  For example, the report said nothing about military things, such as the armour for military vehicles that has saved many American military lives in the Middle East, the anti-missile developments......and so on.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.1.4  Split Personality  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.2    5 years ago
Charles Babbage
We could argue that the first computer was the abacus or its descendant, the slide rule, invented by William Oughtred in 1622. But the first computer resembling today's modern machines was the Analytical Engine, a device conceived and designed by British mathematician Charles Babbage between 1833 and 1871.
Alan Turing
BOMBE was the name of an electro-mechanical machine, developed during WWII by Alan Turing and Gordon Welchman , whilst working as codebreakers at Bletchley Park.

Colossus computer - Wikipedia

Colossus was designed by research telephone engineer Tommy Flowers to solve a problem posed by mathematician Max Newman at the Government Code and Cypher School (GC&CS) at Bletchley Park. Alan Turing's use of probability in cryptanalysis (see Banburismus) contributed to its design.
Eniac Computer Phiadelphia.
ENIAC was the brainchild of John Mauchly ( who, I knew, met and I attended HS with his son ) and J Prescott Eskert invented the first programmable computer designed to predict artillery  trajectories.  The programmers were all women. 
These articles don't declare the religion of these INVENTORS  because it's just NOT THAT IMPORTANT
to most people.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.1.5  Split Personality  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.2    5 years ago

So you admit it was an American company known as Motorola that kept taking Cooper's ideas further and further.

There is no difference between a mobile phone and a cellular phone Buzz.  The credit always goes to Cooper, who at least, for your sake, is Jewish.

The cellular concept

A multi-directional, cellular network antenna array (" cell tower ")

In December 1947, Douglas H. Ring and W. Rae Young , Bell Labs engineers, proposed hexagonal cells for mobile phones in vehicles. [17] At this stage, the technology to implement these ideas did not exist, nor had the frequencies been allocated. Two decades would pass before Richard H. Frenkiel , Joel S. Engel and Philip T. Porter of Bell Labs expanded the early proposals into a much more detailed system plan. It was Porter who first proposed that the cell towers use the now-familiar directional antennas to reduce interference and increase channel reuse (see picture at right) [18] Porter also invented the dial-then-send method used by all cell phones to reduce wasted channel time.

In all these early examples, a mobile phone had to stay within the coverage area serviced by one base station throughout the phone call, i.e. there was no continuity of service as the phones moved through several cell areas. The concepts of frequency reuse and handoff , as well as a number of other concepts that formed the basis of modern cell phone technology, were described in the late 1960s, in papers by Frenkiel and Porter. In 1970 Amos E. Joel, Jr. , a Bell Labs engineer, [19] invented a "three-sided trunk circuit" to aid in the "call handoff " process from one cell to another. His patent contained an early description of the Bell Labs cellular concept, but as switching systems became faster, such a circuit became unnecessary and was never implemented in a system.

A cellular telephone switching plan was described by Fluhr and Nussbaum in 1973, [20] and a cellular telephone data signaling system was described in 1977 by Hachenburg et al. [21]

Not an Israeli design or discovery.

Jewish employees and overseas offices in Israel, absolutely.  Responsible enough to claim discovery?   Hardly.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.1.6  Split Personality  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.3    5 years ago

In the late 60's I had a set or Pirelli racing tires of an old roadster.

They were Italian bias ply tires, made in Israel.

They were Italian tires by design and patent, they were not Jewish or Israeli because of where they were made...

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.1.7  Split Personality  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.3    5 years ago

2 comments

One; innovations are not inventions.

Two, I personally see no reason for blocking Israel21c, but you can verify that easily enough with PH.

According to Wikipedia, Israel21c is an encyclopedia app for children?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.8  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Split Personality @3.1.4    5 years ago
"These articles don't declare the religion of these INVENTORS  because it's just NOT THAT IMPORTANT
to most people."
POINT OUT TO ME WHERE I SAID OR POSTED ONE FUCKING WORD ABOUT RELIGION, OR ABOUT JEWS.  WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO ESTABLISH WITH THAT STATEMENT???
The employees of the companies that produce the products are of ALL religions: Muslim, Druze, Christian, Baha'i, atheists, agnostics, Jews, what have you.  All references have been to the Companies, and the religion of those involved whether they be the scientists, inventors, administrative staff, etc. has NOT been identified.  All references are to ISRAEL and to ISRAELIS. 
I talked about BDS, and BDS is devoted to the delegitimizing of a NATION and to the destruction of that nation. Where does religion come into it?  Israel is 20% Arab/Muslim, and there are Christians, Druze, Baha'i, atheists, agnostics, etc that are Israeli citizens.  BDS already succeeded in putting many Arabs out of work who had jobs that paid them more than any job in the West Bank or Gaza would have provided, when it forced the shutdown of the SodaStream plant in the disputed territories. 
As for my mention of computers and cellphones - ARE YOU DENYING THAT THEY CONTAIN COMPONENTS INVENTED OR DEVELOPED OR PRODUCED BY ISRAELI COMPANIES.  DID YOU NOT READ THE ISRAEL21c report I linked for you?  It ESTABLISHES that.  My statement was directed to the fact that those who support BDS (I think you know what the word "boycott" means) are using computers and cellphones that CONTAIN COMPONENTS INVENTED OR DEVELOPED OR PRODUCED BY ISRAELI COMPANIES.  Did they boycott them?  NO.  THAT MAKES THEM HYPOCRITES

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.9  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Split Personality @3.1.6    5 years ago

Did I say anything about tires?  Nor did I say anything about cameras, light bulbs, telescopes, telephones, fireworks, Salk vaccine, cigarette lighters, pencils, air conditioners, washing machines, chainsaws, fishing rods and reels...................

I talked about computers and cellphones that contained components that were invented, developed and/or produced in Israel or by Israelis and would qualify as items to be BOYCOTTED according to BDS.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.10  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Split Personality @3.1.7    5 years ago

Did you bother to read it?  Do you consider it to be written at a grade level for children, or for adults?

There is a Teachers' Edition of ISRAEL21c that is probably more suitable for children:

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.1.11  Split Personality  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.9    5 years ago
Of course if they use a cellphone or a computer they already ARE hypocrites.  

Your words, your implications, on yet another article

about how Israelis and Israeli companies save the world with inventions...........

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.1.12  Split Personality  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.10    5 years ago

I don't give leap Buzz.

As far as I am concerned the site is not banned on this site as you claimed.

Take my advice and ask Perrie.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.1.13  Split Personality  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.8    5 years ago
DID YOU NOT READ THE ISRAEL21c report I linked for you?  It ESTABLISHES that

In what court of law would a website be sufficient 'evidence'?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.14  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Split Personality @3.1.13    5 years ago

I really don't know what it is you're trying to do here, other than trying your best to put me down, SP.  I really don't see any purpose in continuing with this dialogue. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.1.15  Split Personality  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.2    5 years ago
The first offiicial call was by Motorola in the U.S.

The first official call was made by Martin Cooper.

Martin was born in Chicago. 

He served in the USN Submarines during the Korean conflict later graduating from MIT

In 2004 he received an honorary doctorate from IIT, because he is Jewish, the child of Ukrainian immigrants to the USA.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.16  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Split Personality @3.1.15    5 years ago
"The first official call was made by Martin Cooper."

And the test calls made before that official call were made in Israel (which must have been successful or no official call would be made until they were).  Do you require sworn affidavits, notarized, or does that have to go before the SCOTUS for a unanimous decision?

I believe what ISRAEL21c "reported" (will you accept that?) and I really don't give a shit if you don't, and I don't care if Martin Cooper was a Satanist or a Shinto.  What the religion of anyone involved was seems to be important only to you.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1.17  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.3    5 years ago

ISRAEL21c is a news source that reports on Israeli inventions/processes/discoveries/developments but since it isn't "rated" by MBFC it is not a permitted source on NT

Not permitted by whom-- Perrie? 

I have seen things seeded here from variou biased sites-- some very biased. But I wasn't aware that any site was censored (unless perhaps its a KKK site or a Nazi site?)

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1.18  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @3.1.17    5 years ago

I have seen things seeded here from various biased sites-- some very biased. But I wasn't aware that any site was censored (unless perhaps its a KKK site or a Nazi site?)

Being the curious (& somewhat mischievous :-) person that I am I decided to test this. So I just seeded an article from Stormfront!  

It seeded OK,including a comment I made. (After seeing it could be seeded I immediately deleted it).

So what's all tis Brouhaha about censorship?

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
4  dave-2693993    5 years ago

Some invention Buzz.

If anyone in a critical situation chooses to snub it and what it gives, that's on them.