╌>

DNC Bars Fox News from Covering 2020 Democratic Primaries

Category:  Op/Ed

Via:  make-america-great-again  •  5 years ago  •  162 comments

How very Stalin-esque of the DNC. It won’t even risk the possibility of its primary audience hearing anything but leftist mainstream press propaganda during the primary debates.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The Democratic National Committee – the same party that has been crowing nonstop for two years alleging that President Donald J. Trump is a threat to the First Amendment and the rights of reporters – will exclude Fox News from covering its 2020 primary debates.

“In a statement Wednesday, DNC Chairman Tom Perez cited a story in the New Yorker magazine this week that detailed how Fox has promoted President Trump’s agenda. The article, titled ‘ The Making of the Fox News White House ,’ suggested that the news network had become a ‘propaganda, vehicle for Trump,”  Washington Post  reported Wednesday.

Perhaps the Democrats have not been paying attention, but Fox News is a relatively neutered network in terms of its support for Trump. Most of their programming actually features borderline #NeverTrump basket cases who associate more with the political class than Trump’s base. But that’s neither here nor there. The Democrats have a decided to bar a news network from covering the news. So much for that First Amendment.

“I believe that a key pathway to victory is to continue to expand our electorate and reach all voters,” Perez told Washington Post . “That is why I have made it a priority to talk to a broad array of potential media partners, including Fox News. Recent reporting in the New Yorker on the inappropriate relationship between President Trump, his administration and Fox News has led me to conclude that the network is not in a position to host a fair and neutral debate for our candidates. Therefore, Fox News will not serve as a media partner for the 2020 Democratic primary debates.”

Trending: Rapper Briefly Identifies as Female, Smashes Female Deadlifting Record, Goes Back to Identifying as Male

How very Stalin-esque of the DNC. It won’t even risk the possibility of its primary audience hearing anything but leftist mainstream press propaganda during the primary debates.

According to the report, there will be 12 primary debates to help Democrats whittle down to one of nearly 15 candidates for the presidency. So far, contracts have been awarded for the first two debates – one to NBC, and the other to CNN – both safely within the realm of leftist propaganda, and outside the realm of reality.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1  seeder  XXJefferson51    5 years ago

......Perez released the following statement about the subject:

I believe that a key pathway to victory is to continue to expand our electorate and reach all voters. That is why I have made it a priority to talk to a broad array of potential media partners, including Fox News. Recent reporting in the New Yorker on the inappropriate relationship between President Trump, his administration and Fox News has led me to conclude that the network is not in a position to host a fair and neutral debate for our candidates. Therefore, Fox News will not serve as a media partner for the 2020 Democratic primary debates.

What Perez didn't anticipate, however, was how President Donald Trump would react to the news. Trump took to Twitter to remind Perez of one thing: in order for a general election debate to take place, the president has to be on stage. And he's refusing to cooperate as long as Fox News is left out of the picture:          

Democrats just blocked @FoxNews from holding a debate. Good, then I think I’ll do the same thing with the Fake News Networks and the Radical Left Democrats in the General Election debates!

Fox News remains hopeful that the DNC will eventually come around.

“We hope the DNC will reconsider its decision to bar Chris Wallace Bret Baier and Martha MacCallum all of whom embody the ultimate journalistic integrity and professionalism from moderating a Democratic presidential debate. They’re the best debate team in the business....https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2019/03/06/trump-chimes-in-after-dnc-says-fox-news-cant-host-a-primary-debate-n2542741

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    5 years ago

Democratic candidates seem to need shelter from real questions. Isn't it strange how candidate Trump wasn't afraid to go anywhere. He was almost a regular feature on "Morning Joe"

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.1.1  cjcold  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1    5 years ago

And lied his ass off every time.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  cjcold @1.1.1    5 years ago

Sounds like a "sweeping generalization!"

Have you got the proof for that one?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.3  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.2    5 years ago

The left attacking the President with proof?  Hasn’t yet happened.  

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.1.4  cjcold  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.2    5 years ago

Who needs proof? If Trump's mouth is open, he is lying. It's pathological with him.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2  Tacos!    5 years ago
Recent reporting in the New Yorker on the inappropriate relationship between President Trump, his administration and Fox News has led me to conclude that the network is not in a position to host a fair and neutral debate for our candidates.

For real? After CNN gave questions to Hillary Clinton in advance, the Democrats are going to claim Fox can't host a fair debate?

Chris Wallace Bret Baier and Martha MacCallum

I can't say I've really seen any of those people be particularly supportive of Trump.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tacos! @2    5 years ago

The DNC simply has an infantile obsession with the Fox News Channel.  It’s the one TV NEWS source they don’t have control over.

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @2    5 years ago
For real? After CNN gave questions to Hillary Clinton in advance, the Democrats are going to claim Fox can't host a fair debate?

CNN did NOT give Clinton a question in advance. Donna Brazil did and she called Clinton. Fox News CEO Roger Ailes tipped off Trump about a question when Trump called Ailes.

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.2  Dulay  replied to    5 years ago

BTW, when was the last time that Fox hosted a DNC debate? 

katrix
Sophomore Participates
2.2.3  katrix  replied to  Dulay @2.2    5 years ago

Notice how they don't care that Trump got tipped off .... it only matters if it's the other side, to them.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2.2.4  Snuffy  replied to  Dulay @2.2.2    5 years ago

Well,  your link says that Ailes MAY have tipped off Trump,  not that he did. Fox News, as expected, denied it and even Megyn Kelly stated that Ailes did not oversee her preperations for the debate and that she and others wrote their own questions. So no direct link there.

And later in the article, there's a curious case of timing. If Ailes gave Trump advance knowledge about the question then why after the debate was there a feud between Trump and Fox ?

The confrontation, reports The New Yorker's Jane Meyer, helped "shape Trump's image as shamelessly unsinkable. It also kicked off a feud between Trump and Fox, in which Trump briefly boycotted the channel, hurting its ratings and forcing Ailes to grovel."

Can't say this didn't happen but your link does not show any proof beyond a couple of "unnamed" sources and provides some information that doesn't line up to me.

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.5  Dulay  replied to  Snuffy @2.2.4    5 years ago
If Ailes gave Trump advance knowledge about the question then why after the debate was there a feud between Trump and Fox ?

Maybe Trump thought that his whining would get Fox NOT to ask the question...

THEN Trump saw the coverage of the question and answer and hit the roof. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.7  Dulay  replied to    5 years ago
You failed to make your point.

Better than failing to have one. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.2.8  Tacos!  replied to  Dulay @2.2    5 years ago
CNN did NOT give Clinton a question in advance.

That's true. They gave her questions (plural). And when they got caught, they fired their scapegoat. Plausible deniability you know.

Fox News CEO Roger Ailes tipped off Trump about a question when Trump called Ailes.

That's speculation.

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.9  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @2.2.8    5 years ago
They gave her questions (plural).

Link? 

That's speculation.

No more than your comment...

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.2.10  Tacos!  replied to  Dulay @2.2.9    5 years ago
Link? 

Brazile: Leaking town hall topics to Clinton campaign 'mistake I will forever regret'

Donna Brazile finally admits she shared debate questions with Clinton campaign

Donna Brazile is totally not sorry for leaking CNN debate questions to Hillary Clinton

Topics. Questions. You can tell they're plural because they end in s. Also, if you read, you'll see it was more than just one debate.

That's speculation. No more than your comment...

You made a claim. Prove it or shut it. You asked for a link from me. I gave you three. You make claims with no proof.

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.11  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @2.2.10    5 years ago

I asked you for a link supporting your claim that Brazile gave Clinton questions for the DEBATE. You linked articles that state that she admitted to giving Clinton questions for a TOWN HALL.

Here is the quote that they cite from Brazile:

"[I]n October, a subsequent release of emails revealed that among the many things I did in my role as a Democratic operative and [Democratic National Committee] Vice Chair prior to assuming the interim D.N.C. Chair position was to share potential town hall topics with the Clinton campaign," she said.

Try harder. 

You made a claim.

So did you and it was just as speculative. 

Prove it or shut it.

Get over yourself. 

You asked for a link from me. I gave you three. You make claims with no proof.

I address the quality of your links above. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.2.13  Jasper2529  replied to  XDm9mm @2.2.12    5 years ago

Hello, XD - It's so easy to debunk left wing lies. Bravo!

jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.14  Dulay  replied to  XDm9mm @2.2.12    5 years ago

The first one is the SAME one that Tacos! posted and I quoted.

FAIL.

The second one has Carlson saying this right at the beginning:

CARLSON: So, they've come after you -- they've come after you and said, look, it's a little much for you to criticize the DNC for colluding with the Hillary campaign when you conceded that you leaked questions to the Hillary campaign during a CNN town hall, before a CNN town hall.

Guess you just read the headline...

Another FAIL. 

Can't read the third one since it's behind a pay wall but based on the content of your first two I presume it's another fail. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.15  Dulay  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.2.13    5 years ago

Actually, it looks like getting sycophants to drink the kool aid is what's easy. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.17  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.2.13    5 years ago
'Hello, XD - It's so easy to debunk left wing lies. Bravo!'

How did he do that?

Easy, he didn't.  

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.18  Dulay  replied to  XDm9mm @2.2.16    5 years ago
Can't read
And this is a revelation how?

How is posting an incoherent truncated block quote relevant XD? 

I'm not PAYING to read an 3rd FAILED article. 

Face it, your attempt to defend Tacos! posit was as much a failure as his was. 

But hey, it impressed the peanut gallery...

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.2.19  Tacos!  replied to  Dulay @2.2.11    5 years ago
You linked articles that state that she admitted to giving Clinton questions for a TOWN HALL.

Yes. In addition to debates. Consider it a bonus. Debates and Town Halls. Once again you ignore relevant evidence. Read all the links, not just the headlines you think work for you. Even better, do a little easy research yourself. There is a lot out there about this.

Meanwhile, you still can't prove what you said about Trump.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.2.20  Tacos!  replied to  Dulay @2.2.14    5 years ago

So, it's your position that it's just fine as long it's only a town hall? How does that make it ok?

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
2.2.21  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Dulay @2.2.7    5 years ago
You failed to make your point.
Better than failing to have one.

Actually, you do fail to have one. First off, for those that are attempting to claim Donna  Brazille did not give the Clinton campaign debate questions ahead of time; maybe you will believe her when she says " I did it ". Straight answer to a straight question. You cannot deny it any further .

Secondly, for those claiming that T-Rump got questions ahead of time: There are rumors reported, but no one has come forward as an eyewitness nor has anyone admitted to providing him with questions ahead of time. Hearsay is inadmissible in court for a reason. Anyone can claim to have heard something from someone who says they saw something. Anyone in that chain can be lying.  But just so you know--my unnamed sources tell me that someone you worked with said that you all are actually Greys disguised as human.

I trust my unnamed  sources as far as I trust yours.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.2.22  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tacos! @2.2.20    5 years ago

It doesn’t.  A town hall is simply a debate format in this context and is no excuse or rationalization.  

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.23  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @2.2.19    5 years ago
Yes. In addition to debates. Consider it a bonus. Debates and Town Halls. 

Neither of your first 2 articles say that she admitted to giving Clinton question for 'debates'. You are misrepresenting the articles. Why? 

Meanwhile, you still can't prove what you said about Trump.

At least I posted an article that ACTUALLY says what I said it says. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.24  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.2.22    5 years ago
It doesn’t. A town hall is simply a debate format in this context and is no excuse or rationalization.

Bullshit Xx. It's a totally different format and most of the questions are from the audience to only ONE of the candidates. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.25  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @2.2.20    5 years ago
So, it's your position that it's just fine as long it's only a town hall?

No 

It is my position that if you are going to make an allegation about what someone did or said you should make them ACCURATELY and be able to prove THAT allegation. 

"Well she didn't do what I alleged but she did do this." doesn't cut it. 

How does that make it ok?

I never said it was. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.26  Dulay  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @2.2.21    5 years ago
Actually, you do fail to have one.

But did Wally? 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.2.27  Sean Treacy  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.2.22    5 years ago

She did give Clinton a debate question too. 

but  can you imagine being so  desperate To defend your party’s cheating that you would embarass yourself by trying to argue there is a substantive difference between the two?

[deleted]

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.2.28  Tacos!  replied to  Dulay @2.2.23    5 years ago
Neither of your first 2 articles say that she admitted to giving Clinton question for 'debates'.

You can NOT be serious! The title of the second article is literally that.

Donna Brazile Finally Admits She Shared Debate Questions With Clinton Campaign

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.2.29  Tacos!  replied to  Dulay @2.2.25    5 years ago
So, it's your position that it's just fine as long it's only a town hall?
No

What would you say is the difference between a debate and a town hall?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.30  Texan1211  replied to  Tacos! @2.2.28    5 years ago

Facts don't matter to some when they can parse words.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.2.31  Tacos!  replied to  Texan1211 @2.2.30    5 years ago

When they don't have an argument and can't admit they were wrong, it's all that's left, I guess.

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.32  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @2.2.28    5 years ago
You can NOT be serious! The title of the second article is literally that.

I KNOW what the headline says Tacos!, rags like that Washington Examiner are known for their headlines saying one thing and their articles saying another.

It seems that both you and XD just read headlines...

I quoted what she ACTUALLY said.

You first insisted that it was questions for a debate and then stated that it was both debates AND town halls. 

That is FALSE. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.33  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @2.2.29    5 years ago

It is my position that if you are going to make an allegation about what someone did or said you should make them ACCURATELY and be able to prove THAT allegation. 

"Well she didn't do what I alleged but she did do this." doesn't cut it. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.2.34  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.2.13    5 years ago

Indeed it is.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.2.35  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.2.27    5 years ago

jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.2.36  Tacos!  replied to  Dulay @2.2.32    5 years ago
both debates AND town halls

Again, what's the difference?

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.37  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @2.2.36    5 years ago
Again, what's the difference?

Gee Tacos!, you tell me. You clearly insisted that there was a distinction: 

Yes. In addition to debates. Consider it a bonus. Debates and Town Halls.

If there was no difference between town halls and debates, they wouldn't be 'in additions to' anything, would they Tacos!? 

If there was no difference, you wouldn't have said Debates AND Town Halls, right Tacos!? 

So that begs the question, Why are you asking ME what the difference is when you MUST have had an understanding of that difference before you made that statement? 

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.39  Dulay  replied to  dennis smith @2.2.38    5 years ago
Dlear violation of the 1st amendment

Oh I gotta hear this.

How is the DNC denying Fox's speech? 

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2.2.40  Snuffy  replied to  Dulay @2.2.39    5 years ago
Dlear violation of the 1st amendment
Oh I gotta hear this. How is the DNC denying Fox's speech? 

Oh come on,  there's more to the 1st amendment than just speech.  Case in point, the whole  uproar when the White House tried to pull the credentials from Jim Acosta,  it was pushed hard that it was a 1st amendment issue.  Freedom of the press....

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.41  Dulay  replied to  Snuffy @2.2.40    5 years ago
Freedom of the press....

The WH is owned by the people.

Trump can't take something of value away from CNN without due process. 

Do you think that it's a violation of the 1st Amendment for Fox to have exclusive interviews with Trump?  

The DNC is a PRIVATE corporation. 

Fox is free to cover the DNC debates, they're just not being given a chance to bid for a contract to HOST one.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.2.42  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tacos! @2.2.36    5 years ago

None whatsoever....that’s all.  

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.2.43  Tacos!  replied to  Dulay @2.2.37    5 years ago
Why are you asking ME what the difference is

Because @.2.2.11 you said Town Hall did not qualify as an example of a debate. Your complaint reads as follows:

I asked you for a link supporting your claim that Brazile gave Clinton questions for the DEBATE. You linked articles that state that she admitted to giving Clinton questions for a TOWN HALL. Try harder.

The only distinction with the Town Hall setting is that audience members ask questions. Often the moderator will ask questions, too, usually in the form of follow ups. Either way, there is still back and forth between the candidates and the questions are supposed to be a surprise to the candidates.

In fact, in actual practice, the two are both considered to be debates, with the term "town hall" only introducing a variation in debate format. Basically, "town hall" is an adjective describing a debate. For example, 

Town Hall Format Brings Different Dynamics to Second 2016 Debate

Who won the town hall debate?

Celebrate the cringeworthiness of the town hall debate

5 ways town hall debates can go very, very wrong

So, a "town hall" IS a debate, and whether it's a moderator asking questions in a debate or audience members asking the questions, the problem is the same - it's cheating to give a candidate topics or questions in advance if they're supposed to be a secret.

And maybe you can now stop deflecting. But I consider that unlikely to happen. You'll defend your heroes no matter what.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.3  Jasper2529  replied to  Tacos! @2    5 years ago
I can't say I've really seen any of those people be particularly supportive of Trump.

I haven't looked up party affiliations for Baier and MacCallum, but Wallace is a registered Democrat.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.3.1  Tacos!  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.3    5 years ago
Fox News CEO Roger Ailes tipped off Trump about a question when Trump called Ailes.

I don't watch the news channels that much, but I have seen the people at Fox be plenty critical of Trump and actions taken by his administration. Bret Baier in particular is pretty much just "doing the news" - old school style.

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
2.4  Studiusbagus  replied to  Tacos! @2    5 years ago
For real? After CNN gave questions to Hillary Clinton in advance, the Democrats are going to claimFoxcan't host a fair debate?

Fox was busted for doing the same thing for Trump, what's your point?

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
2.4.1  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Studiusbagus @2.4    5 years ago
Fox was busted for doing the same thing for Trump, what's your point?

Evidence?  I mean something besides "he said she said" that is...

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
2.4.2  Studiusbagus  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @2.4.1    5 years ago

Ex-Fox News CEO Roger Ailes Fed Trump 2015 Presidential Debate Questions (Report)

Longtime Fox News president Roger Ailes fed Donald Trump debate questions, according to a  lengthy new investigation  from the New Yorker.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.4.3  Tacos!  replied to  Studiusbagus @2.4.2    5 years ago

Have you tried reading that article? It's pretty weak stuff compared to what we have with Brazile and CNN.

A pair of Fox insiders and a source close to Trump believe that Ailes informed the Trump campaign about Kelly’s question.

So, a couple of unnamed people have a belief. No evidence. No observation. No experience. No proof. A belief. Where did it come from?

Two of those sources say that they know of the tipoff from a purported eyewitness.

So both the source and the source of the source remain unidentified. This is so lame, even the person who wrote the article isn't ready to lay her reputation on the table over it.

These claims are hard to evaluate

Yeah, no kidding!

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
2.4.4  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Studiusbagus @2.4.2    5 years ago

Must I repeat myself...

Evidence?  I mean something besides "he said she said" that is...

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

Is it hypocrisy or getting even?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1  Tessylo  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3    5 years ago

You speak of hypocrisy and the republicans and getting even?

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Tessylo @3.1    5 years ago

[deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.1    5 years ago

[deleted]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.3  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.2    5 years ago

Be civil and respectful of all members on my seeds.  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.3    5 years ago

"Great Expectations" 

Failure, just as in the Dickens' novel.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.5  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.2    5 years ago

[deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.1    5 years ago

[Removed

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.3    5 years ago

Yes Buzz - Be civil and respectful of all members.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.9  Tessylo  replied to    5 years ago

Perrie told me.  I won't chat to you anymore.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6  Tessylo    5 years ago

I can't wait to see the republican 'debates'.  It's going to be very entertaining.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
6.1  KDMichigan  replied to  Tessylo @6    5 years ago
I can't wait to see the republican 'debates'.  It's going to be very entertaining.

In 2024?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.2  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @6    5 years ago
I can't wait to see the republican 'debates'

Why do you imagine Trump would debate anyone in the primaries?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @6.2    5 years ago

So I made a mistake.

[Removed

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
6.2.4  Studiusbagus  replied to  Tacos! @6.2    5 years ago
Why do you imagine Trump would debate anyone in the primaries?

I'm wondering that same question. Will they do a split screen from Leavenworth?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.5  Tessylo  replied to    5 years ago

You mean flags to hump like he is doing to the world as well

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.2.6  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tacos! @6.2    5 years ago

Well he could hold a live campaign rally event at the same time as each of their debates.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.2.7  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Studiusbagus @6.2.4    5 years ago

Is that where Trumps general election campaign opposition will be fighting for election from?  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.8  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @6.2.6    5 years ago

'Well he could hold a live campaign rally event at the same time as each of their debates.'

Sounds like a really shitty thing to do, so I'm sure Rump will.  All his 'campaign' rallies look more like klan rallies.  

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.2.9  Tacos!  replied to    5 years ago
though plenty of flags to hug

I honestly think he should make a regular thing of that.

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
6.2.10  MonsterMash  replied to  Tessylo @6.2.2    5 years ago
So I made a mistake

Par for the course

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.2.11  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @6.2.8    5 years ago

As opposed to the anti Semite gatherings at democrat party campaign events? 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
7  It Is ME    5 years ago

Just another person/entity put on the Tolerant Liberals "LIST" of "Shun-ables !

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8  Tessylo    5 years ago

When did Fux 'news' ever cover the DNC?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @8    5 years ago
ever cover the DNC?

I guess your tv only got a couple of stations--like MSNBC and CNN.

Everyone else knows when.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1    5 years ago

'How very Stalin-esque of the DNC. It won’t even risk the possibility of its primary audience hearing anything but leftist mainstream press propaganda during the primary debates.'

After reading this bullshit - no need to read any more.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.3  Tessylo  replied to    5 years ago

Fux 'news' and 'truth'?  A posting by a Rump supporter?  Big League Politics?

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

MEDIA BIAS/FACT CHECK

The Most Comprehensive Media Bias Resource

• Home  » Big League Politics

Big League Politics

Has this Media Source failed a fact check?   LET US KNOW HERE .

Share:

right031.png?resize=600%2C67&ssl=1 RIGHT BIAS

These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy.  See all Right Bias sources.

• Overall, we rate Big League Politics strongly Right Biased based on story selection that favors the right and Mixed for factual reporting due to use of poor sources and promotion of conspiracy theories.

Detailed Report

Factual Reporting:  MIXED
World Press Freedom Rank:   USA 45/180

History

Big League Politics is an Alt-Right news and opinion blog founded by Patrick Howley, former writer for the far right   Daily Caller   and   Breitbart . According to their about page “Big League Politics is a fast-paced news site led by a team of top-level investigative reporters, filmmakers, and citizen journalists all over the country. We challenge powerful politicians in both the Republican and Democratic Parties. We are not conservative. We are not liberal. We are road warriors fighting the good fight for journalism.” They further state that “All stories on Big League Politics are factually accurate.” 

Funded by / Ownership

In early 2018, Big League Politics was   acquired   by   Mustard Seed Media , a company run by a political consultant who previously worked for Moore’s campaign. Funding is not disclosed, but appears to be through online advertising.

Analysis / Bias

In reviewing articles on the Big League Politics website it is clear that the sole mission is to promote the agenda of President Trump. Essentially, this could be classified as a propaganda media arm for the President. While there are nice examples of well sourced journalism on this website there are also unproven conspiracy type stories. For example, in one article the author is making the claim that Justice John Roberts was  hacked by Obama officials  as evidence of a Deep State conspiracy. The source of this audio is from  two discredited public figures . In other stories, there is the use of conspiracy theorists as sources of information.  In this story , they are relying on  Infowars’ Alex Jones  and fellow conspiracy theorist  Roger Stone  for information and opinion. Overall, the blog is well written, but with a strong right wing bias in story selection. Many stories are factual or at the very least rooted in fact, but there are some stories that are unproven with conclusions being drawn by the authors. These stories are propaganda at best and conspiracy theories at worst.

A   factual search   reveals some   failed fact checks.

Overall, we rate Big League Politics strongly Right Biased based on story selection that favors the right and Mixed for factual reporting due to use of poor sources and promotion of conspiracy theories. (D. Van Zandt 8/2/2017) Updated (6/22/2018)

Source: 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.1    5 years ago

And yet, you did read it and bothered yourself to comment on it.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
8.1.5  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.3    5 years ago

It’s one of my favorite sites and the rating it got from the slimeball sleaze 3rd party site that you quoted above made it all the more attractive to me.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1.4    5 years ago

Why are you following me around? 

I'm not interested.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
8.1.7  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.6    5 years ago

Texan is always welcome on my seeds.  And you responded to something he said and he reasonably responded back.  Not a big deal.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.6    5 years ago

I'm reall sorry in this day and age your tv only gets two channels.

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
8.1.9  Studiusbagus  replied to    5 years ago
Afraid of the truth? It can hurt, ya know!

Then why do you run away when it shows up just after your comments?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.10  JohnRussell  replied to  XXJefferson51 @8.1.5    5 years ago

The seeded article, particularly the headline, is a lie.

The fact that HA keeps it up on this site is good evidence as to the worth of his seeds.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
8.1.11  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.10    5 years ago

Actually it turns out that the reason the DNC Chairman used to censor and blackball Fox News was itself a lie by the author of the New Yorker article.  Fox followed real journalism in doing what they did. https://thenewstalkers.com/community/discussion/44971/i-stopped-the-stormy-daniels-story-at-fox-news-heres-why

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
8.1.12  Studiusbagus  replied to  XXJefferson51 @8.1.11    5 years ago

I read the whole article.

What does it have to do with Ailes giving Trump the questions before the debate?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
8.1.13  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Studiusbagus @8.1.12    5 years ago

There is no journalistic or legal standard evidence that that ever happened.  The sorry excuse used by the DNC Chairman was the New Yorker article, not the baseless allegations you refer to.  

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
8.1.14  Studiusbagus  replied to  XXJefferson51 @8.1.11    5 years ago

Still a load of bullshit.

Trump's relationship with Fox is no secret....and then there's this...also in that article.

Among other things, she reported that Roger Ailes, the network’s late chief executive, may have informed the Trump campaign   about a question involving Trump’s treatment of women   that former Fox News host Megyn Kelly intended to ask at the first Republican debate in 2015. Mayer also reported that Trump was tipped by Fox sources to a second debate question about   whether the candidates would support the Republican nominee for president, regardless of who won.

In addition, Mayer wrote that a Fox reporter,   Diana Falzone , had detailed information about Trump’s relationship with porn star Stormy Daniels prior to the 2016 election, but network officials declined to publish the story, apparently on orders from Fox Chairman Rupert Murdoch. Fox has denied this account; it said it was unable to confirm Daniels’s story and didn’t publish anything as a result.

The most startling revelation may have been that Trump ordered his former chief economic adviser   Gary Cohn   to pressure the Justice Department to pursue an antitrust case against AT&T;’s merger with Time Warner, the parent of Fox rival CNN, allegedly as payback for CNN’s unfavorable news coverage of Trump. Cohn purportedly declined to pursue the president’s directive, although the Justice Department did file an antitrust case, which a judge rejected.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.2  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @8    5 years ago

The last time they had a convention. And the time before that. And the time before that . . . 

Dulay
Professor Expert
8.2.1  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @8.2    5 years ago

The topic is the primary debates. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  Dulay @8.2.1    5 years ago
'The topic is the primary debates.'

Thank you!

Funny how smug some are when they THINK they've trounced you.  

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.2.3  Tacos!  replied to  Dulay @8.2.1    5 years ago

Is it? Oh, then read on . . . i.e. see below

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.2.4  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @8.2.2    5 years ago
The topic is the primary debates.'

Actually there was a primary debate scheduled to be on Fox. It was scheduled for May of 2016 in San Francisco ahead of the California primary. They were all set to go when Hillary Clinton pulled out. So maybe point your finger of blame at her, not Fox.

Clinton Declines to Debate Sanders in San Francisco

Dulay
Professor Expert
8.2.5  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @8.2.4    5 years ago
Actually there was a primary debate scheduled to be on Fox. It was scheduled for May of 2016 in San Francisco ahead of the California primary. They were all set to go when Hillary Clinton pulled out. So maybe point your finger of blame at her, not Fox.

And the hits just keep on coming. 

Your link states that the Fox debate was 'proposed' NOT 'scheduled'. 

The quote in your link from the VP of Fox says it was a 'invitation'. 

Bill Sammon, FOX VP and Washington managing editor, said in a statement, "Naturally, Fox News is disappointed that Secretary Clinton has declined our debate invitation, especially given that the race is still contested and she had previously agreed to a final debate before the California primary."

NOTHING was 'all set to go' or 'scheduled'. 

Secondly, after Clinton declined, Trump then offered to debate Sanders 'for charity', Sanders agreed and then Trump reneged, stating there was no need to debate Sanders because he wasn't going to win the nomination. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.2.6  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @8.2.4    5 years ago

NOPE

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10  Tessylo    5 years ago

What news does Fux 'news' actually cover?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
11  Jasper2529    5 years ago
So far, contracts have been awarded for the first two debates – one to NBC, and the other to CNN – both safely within the realm of leftist propaganda, and outside the realm of reality.

Translation: Candidates will be asked only softball questions.  jrSmiley_90_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_84_smiley_image.gif

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
12  JohnRussell    5 years ago

The seeder MAGA did copy the headline from the source site, a far right fantasyland called Big League Politics, but that doesn't make the headline any more accurate than if he made it up himself.

The DNC did not bar Fox News from covering the Democratic primaries. That is a simple lie.

The DNC said that they will not have Fox News serve as a host for one of the debates. Fox can cover the primaries and debates all they want, and can show clips of them and the after debate "spin" as much as they want. What they will not be doing is having their news personalities serving as network moderators for a debate.

We really need to have these lie filled seeds monitored and perhaps removed when they are so false and inaccurate.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
12.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @12    5 years ago

you mean the site that broke both the gov. Northam photo scandal and their Lt. Gov. being sexually abusive to women story?  Sounds credible to me.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
12.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  XXJefferson51 @12.1    5 years ago

The article you seeded is a lie. The DNC did not bar Fox News from covering the Democratic primaries.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
12.1.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @12.1.1    5 years ago

We all know that the DNC censored Fox News from hosting any of their so called debates which is what this seed is about.  Quit playing ridiculous word games as everyone else knows what we are talking about here.  It seems that Trump may not participate in the general election debates if the debate commission does not include Fox News persons as part of the moderating panels in some of them.  

Split Personality
Professor Guide
12.1.3  Split Personality  replied to  XXJefferson51 @12.1.2    5 years ago

From the subtitle of the seed  -  "Fox won’t be covering any of the 12 Democratic Party primary debates."

and the first paragraph of the seeded article.

The Democratic National Committee – the same party that has been crowing nonstop for two years alleging that President Donald J. Trump is a threat to the First Amendment and the rights of reporters – will exclude Fox News from covering its 2020 primary debates.

Totally false statements.  Fox will not be hosting any of the debates. They can cover them the same as any other network covers a debate on a competitors network.

That's not playing ridiculous word games, that is an accurate summation of the ridiculous seed.

furthermore,

What Perez didn't anticipate, however, was how President Donald Trump would react to the news. Trump took to Twitter to remind Perez of one thing: in order for a general election debate to take place, the president has to be on stage. And he's refusing to cooperate as long as Fox News is left out of the picture:

Trump isn't running in the DNC primary.  No worries, Mr. Trump.  You aren't invited.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
12.1.4  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Split Personality @12.1.3    5 years ago

No, he’s saying that because of this that there won’t be any general election debates without Fox News being included. Asto the primary debates, he could hold live rallies and campaign events opposite of each democrat debate for Fox to cover. Then we could check the ratings.  

Split Personality
Professor Guide
12.1.5  Split Personality  replied to  XXJefferson51 @12.1.4    5 years ago
No, he’s saying that because of this that there won’t be any general election debates without Fox News being included.

Trump has zero to do with DNC primary debates and the article has ZERO to do with National election debates which the DNC cannot control.

Capiche?

As to the primary debates, Trump could hold live rallies and campaign events opposite of each democrat debate for Fox to cover. Then we could check the ratings.

He's actually done that before to Republican debates, remember?

Is it illegal?

Apparently not.  Since Trump has already done so.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
12.1.6  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Split Personality @12.1.3    5 years ago

That you and John don’t like the seed is proof positive that the seed is right on.  

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
13  The Magic 8 Ball    5 years ago
How very Stalin-esque of the DNC

typical "progressive" BS.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
13.1  Split Personality  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @13    5 years ago
How very Stalin-esque of the DNC
typical "progressive" BS.

And again to you, sir.

Trump isn't running in the DNC primary, so his input is moot.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
13.1.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Split Personality @13.1    5 years ago

And it turns out that there is no unity among democrats on this issue and that the DNC Chair made his decision based on a lie, the New Yorker article that has since been completely debunked.  Now they will have to reconsider or double down on their bs 💩.  

Split Personality
Professor Guide
13.1.2  Split Personality  replied to  XXJefferson51 @13.1.1    5 years ago

Still voting up your own BS  💩 ?

The DNC has every right to choose who covers their primaries, just as the RNC chose to cancel a GOP debate on NBC in 2015.

Get  over it already.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
13.1.3  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Split Personality @13.1.2    5 years ago

We did it in response to what the DNC did to Fox.  And we’ll do it to both CNN and NBC the next time we have primary debates.  As to if I vote up my seeds and posts or not, what concern is it of yours? Inquiring minds want to know.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
13.1.4  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Split Personality @13.1.2    5 years ago

You capiche and get over it yourself.  

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
13.1.5  Studiusbagus  replied to  XXJefferson51 @13.1.1    5 years ago
the DNC Chair made his decision based on a lie, the New Yorker article that has since been completely debunked.  

Please link where it was completely or even partially debunked?

Or is that a lie?

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
13.1.6  Studiusbagus  replied to  XXJefferson51 @13.1.3    5 years ago
And we’ll do it to both CNN and NBC the next time we have primary debates.

Is this the same "We" that said they were going to keep the government shut down until Trump gets his wall money?

Looks like "They" of the "We" aren't listening to " You"

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
13.1.7  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Studiusbagus @13.1.5    5 years ago

See the link provided at 8.1.11.  All the proof you need.  

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
13.1.8  Studiusbagus  replied to  XXJefferson51 @13.1.7    5 years ago

I read the whole article. What does it have to do with Ailes giving Trump the questions before the debate?

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
13.1.9  Studiusbagus  replied to  XXJefferson51 @13.1.7    5 years ago

I even looked again.

The DNC is correct. FOX is carrying Trumps water and cannot be trusted as journalists. 

Last time they gave him the questions before the debate. They've become his hiring pool. (Probably because anyone with education and ethics won't go near him for a job)

Split Personality
Professor Guide
13.1.10  Split Personality  replied to  XXJefferson51 @13.1.3    5 years ago
We did it in response to what the DNC did to Fox

Who is "we" and what did you do?

Are you implying that because the RNC (that would be 'you') canceled a G OP debate on NBC 4 years ago , that

that was retaliation for a decision that wasn't made by Perez until this week?

By the way, the DNC has favored ABC, CBS and NBC since the first debate of any kind in 1956, but regular debates did not start until 1972.

Fox apparently didn't get to host the DNC primaries in 2016 either.

Debate Date Viewers Network
1 October 13, 2015 15.8 million CNN
2 November 14, 2015 8.5 million CBS
3 December 19, 2015 7.8 million ABC
4 January 17, 2016 10.2 million NBC
5 February 4, 2016 4.5 million MSNBC
6 February 11, 2016 8.0 million [9] PBS
7 March 6, 2016 5.5 million [10] CNN
8 March 9, 2016 5.9 million [11] Univision /CNN
9 April 14, 2016 5.6 million [12] CNN/NY1

In fact I cannot find where Fox has ever hosted a televised debate for the DNC.

Nor in 2012 or 2008.

So why the feigned outrage?

Just more fake 💩 ?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
14  Sparty On    5 years ago

Meh, its still a free country ..... mostly.   The DNC is free to make that decision.   And we are free to judge that decision for what it is.   The truly cogent question people should be asking themselves is WHY they did it.

Its pretty clear to me.   Fox doesn't automatically tilt towards their liberal bias like other networks and therefore its tougher for the DNC to control the narrative with Fox.

Its really not that hard to see for eyes that are fully open and willingly to see it for what it is.

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
14.1  Studiusbagus  replied to  Sparty On @14    5 years ago
Its really not that hard to see for eyes that are fully open and willingly to see it for what it is.

Something best suggested in a mirror.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
14.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  Studiusbagus @14.1    5 years ago

Yep, that was part of the point.

One should stop spending so much time looking at them-self in the mirror.  

It really limits the view

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
14.1.2  Studiusbagus  replied to  Sparty On @14.1.1    5 years ago
It really limits the view

Tunnel vision is not a view...

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
14.1.3  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Studiusbagus @14.1.2    5 years ago

But that is all that you get with CNN, MSNBC, etc.  pure preaching to the choir. Echo chamber  anyone?

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
14.1.4  Studiusbagus  replied to  XXJefferson51 @14.1.3    5 years ago
But that is all that you get with CNN, MSNBC, etc.  pure preaching to the choir.

Says the person that seeds from sources with less credibility than Alex Jones.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
14.2  Split Personality  replied to  Sparty On @14    5 years ago
The truly cogent question people should be asking themselves is WHY they did it.

The real question appears to be, why would they if they have not (apparently) in the past?

Fox is only 22 years old,  so they have only had the opportunity in 2000, 2004, 2008, 2012 & 2016 so far.

I don't think cable was ever considered by the DNC in the early days of Fox.

The info is readily available on line ( although in different formats for each election season) that Fox did not host a debate in 2016, 2012 or 2008

Sparty On
Professor Principal
14.2.1  Sparty On  replied to  Split Personality @14.2    5 years ago

Why Fox would want to host a debate is a much less interesting question than why the DNC doesn't want them to.   After all, Fox is a network media outlet.   Doing such things is clearly within their business model.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
14.2.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sparty On @14.2.1    5 years ago

It’s because the DNC clearly does not want to appeal for votes from Fox News viewers.  That’s the real bottom line.  

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
15  The Magic 8 Ball    5 years ago

this will only produce an even more batshit crazy socialist/communist leftwing candidate.

problem? I don't see a problem jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Sparty On
Professor Principal
15.1  Sparty On  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @15    5 years ago

Over 12 last i counted with a dozen or so more considering a run.

I'm pre-ordering bulk popcorn.   Going to need a lot or corn to watch this clown car of Democrat Primary.

I can hardly wait ......