╌>

Inside ‘the most dangerous place in the world for children’

Category:  World News

Via:  perrie-halpern  •  5 years ago  •  32 comments

Inside ‘the most dangerous place in the world for children’
Six years of fierce civil war between Muslim rebels and Christian militias in the Central African Republic has created a massive humanitarian crises that has been largely overlooked by the rest of the world.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.    5 years ago

I find it unbearable that the world is doing nothing about these children. These are living breathing children... where is everyone?

zuksam
Junior Silent
1.1  zuksam  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1    5 years ago

This has been going on for decades, it's the march of Islam moving slowly across Africa and eastward through Asia. Follow the Money and it will lead to Saudi Arabia and the Wahhabi sect of Islam. The USA won't do anything because they must not have enough Oil or other natural resources for us to exploit. As far as the Saudis go the USA's policy in the Middle East hasn't changed in fifty years, if you have Oil and allow Big Oil to profit from your oil fields you are an Ally and can do anything you want but if you nationalize your oil fields and shut out Big Oil you are a Rouge Nation and an Enemy of the USA.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  zuksam @1.1    5 years ago

Hi Zuksam,

The USA won't do anything because they must not have enough Oil or other natural resources for us to exploit.

But they do! Watch the video. Gold, platinum, diamonds they have it all...It's Russia and China who are trying to make deals. But in the meanwhile, the children are dying from the endless war that has left this vacuum. Russia and China will end up the winners here.

zuksam
Junior Silent
1.1.2  zuksam  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.1    5 years ago

The US Government doesn't seem to support those Industries internationally the way they support the Energy Industry. Maybe it's because mining for those minerals isn't as lucrative as Oil and Gas or that it's more labor intensive and mining in the developing world often involves labor that looks an awful lot like slavery and they don't want that egg on their faces. Maybe the Mining Corporations just don't make enough political contributions to buy a War. 

Enoch
Masters Quiet
1.2  Enoch  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1    5 years ago

Dear Friend Perrie: Great question.

We know the horrible answer.

P&AB.

Enoch.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     5 years ago
where is everyone?

Sadly they are missing in action sister. Out of sight, out of mind. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Kavika @2    5 years ago
The USA won't do anything because they must not have enough Oil or other natural resources for us to exploit.

The Russians and the Chinese don't feel the same way. They just want to exploit what the country has. The children are collateral damage. 

But you are right, out of sight, out of mind. Just look at how few people responded to this article. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.1.2  seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.1    5 years ago

This isn't about arms. It is about feeding kids and stocking the hospitals. 

I don't particularly like the UN. But there are loads of other charities that can help thee children. I could list them if people are interested. 

But also there is a power vacuum there that both Russia and China are filling due to the huge amount of natural resources. That should not go unchallenged. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.1.4  seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.3    5 years ago

Question:

Did you watch the video? Then you would understand what I meant by "Unchallenged"

Life sucks for many.  But, then, it always has and always will.   And that's not pessimistic, just truthful.

Yes it does. Do we have to turn a blind eye to it when so little will help?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.1.6  seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.5    5 years ago
And if it gets really serious, who then do we send in to force the issue?

At the present state the nation is in, all we send in is negotiators for natural resources and swing some humanitarian good on the kids. That is all the Russians and the Chinese are doing (although I am sure quietly somewhere they are also supplying guns to the civil unrest)

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.1.8  seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.7    5 years ago
I noticed in your response that you totally ignored my question to you.  Ok...   you don't know what to do is the obvious answer.

I did answer your question. Neither Russia or China are involved in the civil unrest there. They are there doing negotiations which is what we should be doing. This is a strategic spot. If we are not there someone else will be. And as far as Russia goes, read this:

We have everything to gain at this point. But that aside, if don't children who have nothing to do with why they are here, deserve to get some food from donations?

Enoch
Masters Quiet
2.2  Enoch  replied to  Kavika @2    5 years ago

Dear Brother Kavika: "Aus den legen, aus dem Sinn". (German Proverb - "Out of sight, out of mind").

Precisely.

E. 

zuksam
Junior Silent
5  zuksam    5 years ago

Where can I get some Plumpynut ? That stuff looks pretty good. Seems like the perfect snack for Fishing, Hiking, or when I'm riding my Motorcycle.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
5.1  seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  zuksam @5    5 years ago

It does look good, but kind of fattening. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6  It Is ME    5 years ago

Should this country be the "Leader" on this, or should Trump tell the other leaders of the world to "fulfill their Fair Shared requirement" …… AGAIN ?

Just wondering. 

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
6.1  Dean Moriarty  replied to  It Is ME @6    5 years ago

I’d like to see him return it to the taxpayers pockets and if they want to make a charitable contribution that can be their choice. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
7  seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.    5 years ago

Does anyone watch the videos?

The donations was part of the equation. 

Whether or not our country chooses to be involved, would have a more strategic reason why. 

But right now, what we have are starving kids. 

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
8  Nowhere Man    5 years ago

The help boat sailed a long time ago.....

Anyone remember Mogadishu? If I remember correctly we unilaterally went in to save a starving population there also....

Sometimes it is best to not force help upon a population.... WE can't be the hated "interlopers" again.....

That is an even worse defeat than not having access to resources we didn't have access to in the first place....

Yes, kids are starving and dying but they don't want us there.... so are we to force them to accept our "help"

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
8.1  seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Nowhere Man @8    5 years ago

NWM,

First of all, no one minds helping the children are getting over there. Last night alone, NBC raised a million dollars to help these kids. I am not sure where you got the idea that the kids don't want help. They are literally dying for it. 

Second, right now, there is a vacuum of power that is being filled by China and Russia. They are getting mining contracts. 

This is not Mogadishu. No two situations are the same. We would not be there to fight a war, but rather to help and maybe not be, behind the curve. 

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
8.1.1  Nowhere Man  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @8.1    5 years ago
I am not sure where you got the idea that the kids don't want help.

Where did I say that? Ah I see, THEY mean the adults (even in their disjointed factions) don't want us there. They could care less about the kids that are dying.....

So what is it you advocate?

They have another video available discussing the other side of this crisis.

blob:

It's a civil war, most of the humanitarian groups have left. the reason, over 300 attacks on them in the last year....

Send in the military? Unicef? your kidding..... I do not support anything having to do with the UN, one of the most corrupt organizations ever created.

It's a horriffic tragedy yes, personally, I say don't go where we are not wanted...

Even though I know some here on the site are going to intimate how heartless an individual I am..... the war is over those commodities are what is causing the crisis. what are the Russians and Chinese doing about it? next to nothing..... They want the commodities locked down first......

It's a war of hate and greed, they fix that then maybe the human crisis can be resolved...

The point of Mogadishu and what is similar? is thinking we can fix this foodstuffs.... and that will be enough......

It wasn't there, and it won't be here....