Trump Doesn't Want Anyone to See His High School Grades

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  5 years ago  •  48 comments

Trump Doesn't Want Anyone to See His High School Grades

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Politics

Trump Extremely Doesn't Want Anyone to See His High School Grades

d957c87a3cd61809f11108fdc4ba2051

After demanding Obama release his grades, Trump rushed to make sure his own were kept secret.

Last week, when Donald Trump's former lawyer Michael Cohen   testified before Congress, he aired a good deal of his former boss's dirty laundry, from Trump's involvement in paying off Stormy Daniels to his   utter lack of faith   in his oldest son's intelligence. But one of the pettier details that came out was Cohen's work making sure that Trump's school grades never saw the light of day.

During the hearing, Cohen presented   a letter he wrote   in May 2015 to Fordham University, where Trump went to school before transferring to University of Pennsylvania's Wharton, threatening legal action if Trump's grades ever became public. This was shortly before Trump declared his candidacy and several years after Trump demanded to see then-president Barack Obama's high school transcript to prove he hadn't been a "terrible student."

But apparently Cohen's writing Fordham wasn't the first time that Trump pressured one of his alma maters to make sure that his academic records were kept under wraps. A new story from the   Washington Post   reports that in 2011, his old high school, the New York Military Academy, the then-headmaster was pushed to make sure that no one would be able to access Trump's records from his time as a student. From the   Post :

The superintendent of the private school “came to me in a panic because he had been accosted by prominent, wealthy alumni of the school who were Mr. Trump’s friends” and who wanted to keep his records secret, recalled Evan Jones, the headmaster at the time. “He said, ‘You need to go grab that record and deliver it to me because I need to deliver it to them.’ ”

The superintendent, Jeffrey Coverdale, confirmed Monday that members of the school’s board of trustees initially wanted him to hand over President Trump’s records to them, but Coverdale said he refused.

“I was given directives, part of which I could follow but part of which I could not, and that was handing them over to the trustees,” he said. “I moved them elsewhere on campus where they could not be released. It’s the only time I ever moved an alumnus’s records.”

It turns out that this was when Trump was still planning a 2012 run for the presidency and came just   days   after he started making noise about Obama not being a good enough student to get into Ivy League schools. Unlike with Fordham though, here Trump used rich, well-connected friends to make sure his ass was covered.

The thing is, it's hard to imagine that anyone would have changed their vote for or against Trump based on whatever his Fordham GPA was: His appeal or lack thereof isn't more or less intense if he had a 4.0 or a solid C minus. But Trump is, if nothing else, a preening narcissist, and as a result he often picks seemingly irrelevant and obviously false hills to die on: he's lied about historic his   Electoral College win   was, lied about his net worth to improve his   Forbes ranking, and claimed that the Republican tax cuts he signed into law are the   biggest in history, a lie that, to date, is still up on the White House's   official website . He never works harder than he does when trying to fluff up some arbitrary, superficial measure of success.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

It turns out that this was when Trump was still planning a 2012 run for the presidency and came just   days   after he started making noise about Obama not being a good enough student to get into Ivy League schools. Unlike with Fordham though, here Trump used rich, well-connected friends to make sure his ass was covered.

The thing is, it's hard to imagine that anyone would have changed their vote for or against Trump based on whatever his Fordham GPA was: His appeal or lack thereof isn't more or less intense if he had a 4.0 or a solid C minus. But Trump is, if nothing else, a preening narcissist, and as a result he often picks seemingly irrelevant and obviously false hills to die on: he's lied about how historic his   Electoral College win   was, lied about his net worth to improve his   Forbes ranking , and claimed that the Republican tax cuts he signed into law are the   biggest in history , a lie that, to date, is still up on the White House's   official website . He never works harder than he does when trying to fluff up some arbitrary, superficial measure of success.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

'Last week, when Donald Trump's former lawyer Michael Cohen   testified before Congress , he aired a good deal of his former boss's dirty laundry, from Trump's involvement in paying off Stormy Daniels to his   utter lack of faith   in his oldest son's intelligence . But one of the pettier details that came out was Cohen's work making sure that Trump's school grades never saw the light of day.'

I have an utter lack of faith that Rump has any measure of intelligence.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @2    5 years ago

I don't have any faith in donny jr's intelligence, either. Or his sire for that matter

Anybody that goes to those kinds of lengths to keep something from being made public has lots to hide

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.1.1  1stwarrior  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1    5 years ago

So said Obama.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.2  Ozzwald  replied to  1stwarrior @2.1.1    5 years ago

So said Obama.

89c3942ce7cff4814a2ed18e3b7dfa61.png

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.2  Split Personality  replied to  Tessylo @2    5 years ago

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3  Sean Treacy    5 years ago

Pulling an Obama...

Trump sure does like to imitate his Democratic predecessors...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    5 years ago

How so?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.2  Split Personality  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    5 years ago

and Republican predecessors......

Bush never released his high-school grades from Andover — an elite New England prep school that his father had also attended — or his SAT scores. But when The New Yorker got hold of Bush’s Yale records, it discovered that he scored a 566 on the verbal SAT and a 640 on the math SAT — 180 points below the median score for his Yale classmates.

From what is known about Bush’s academic performance at Andover, it is doubtful that he would have been admitted to Yale unless his father (at the time a Texas businessman running for the U.S. Senate in a race he eventually lost) and grandfather (Prescott Bush, a former Republican U.S. senator who represented Connecticut from 1952 to 1962) had been Yalies (from, respectively, the classes of 1948 and 1917). In fact, as a student, Bush studied in the Yale library’s Prescott Walker Bush Memorial Wing.

Back then, Yale’s student body was disproportionately made up of white, upper-class students from the nation’s most elite prep schools. But without a Yale legacy, even a student from the most select private high school needed excellent grades and SAT scores to get in. Like other Ivy League colleges, Yale at the time had its own criteria for “diversity.” It looked for students with strong athletic abilities or special skills such as musical or theatrical talent, as well as students from different parts of the country.

These non-legacy students had to meet Yale’s basic academic standards, of course, though the college no doubt rejected plenty of one-dimensional students who may have had higher grades and SAT scores but lacked other qualities Yale was looking for. (At the time, however, Yale made little effort to recruit minorities. In the fall of 1964, there were only 28 African-American students out of 4,093 undergraduates.)

Other than being a legacy, Bush had no qualities that would have gotten him into Yale.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.3  JBB  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    5 years ago

President Obama graduated Magna Cum Laude from Harvard Law School where he was The Editor of The Harvard Law Review while Donald Trump's professors remember him as "The Dumbest Student" they EVER suffered!

Obama is eloquent. Trump is functionally illiterate. So, there is that, too...

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.3.2  Jasper2529  replied to  JBB @3.3    5 years ago

How do you or the people who voted up your comment know that any of what you claim is true? None of Obama's school records are public.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.3.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Jasper2529 @3.3.2    5 years ago

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.3.4  Jasper2529  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.3.3    5 years ago

Thanks for the Bing link, but none of those sources include Obama's high school and/or college/post grad grades.

Since this seeded article moans about not having access to Trump's school grades, the author should also want to see all presidents' grades. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.3.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  Jasper2529 @3.3.4    5 years ago
President Obama graduated Magna Cum Laude from Harvard Law School where he was The Editor of The Harvard Law Review while Donald Trump's professors remember him as "The Dumbest Student" they EVER suffered!

That was JBB's comment. Please show me anywhere in that comment where he said anything about Obama's grades.

Now let me quote this and this was what I was answering:

How do you or the people who voted up your comment know that any of what you claim is true? None of Obama's school records are public.

Once again, where did JBB say anything about Obama's grades?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.3.6  seeder  Tessylo  replied to    5 years ago

Oh for fucks sake.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.3.7  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @3.3.4    5 years ago

You know dear, it's nice to be important but its more important to be nice.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.3.8  Jasper2529  replied to  Tessylo @3.3.7    5 years ago

Yes, I know. Please feel free to use my avatar if you wish -  It's available on Google Images.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.3.9  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @3.3.8    5 years ago

Nah, I truly follow that, no need to announce it.  

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.3.10  Jasper2529  replied to  Tessylo @3.3.9    5 years ago
Nah, I truly follow that

I'm glad that you do.

no need to announce it. 

I'm glad that you often post the quote in your comments to me. 

jrSmiley_2_smiley_image.png

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.3.11  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @3.3.10    5 years ago

Gotta get the last word eh?  Proceed

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.12  Texan1211  replied to  Jasper2529 @3.3.10    5 years ago
I'm glad that you often post the quote in your comments to me.

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.4  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    5 years ago
Pulling an Obama...

i could see Trumpp attempting, but i don't think Obama swings that way.

Trump couldnt lift Obamas used rubbers

asz

he preferred bare feet there in Hawaii    

Sean, you're no Dick  Treacy, but there might be some sort of clue for you to formulate a theory as to Y Trump tends to 'project' what should of always been 'screened' to minimize the infection via the insecticide ways Trumpp attempts to raise concerns on others, as his utterly ridiculous behavior so fortified with excruciating bovine excrement asz to what it is he can't help but expose what it is

that he has most certainly really meant.

As in either a little bird(big little Dick) tweet, cause he obviously is closer to a vegan, when it comes to his meet

n greet his insecurities with  all his beefs, with a giant screen capturing his projection for so many utters, that have proven he has squeezed all he can from a tasty lemon made from sour grapes he has exposed by being a little naked & afraid man, sitting on his thrown out the window Golden  shower to stall, the inevitable reign falling with the bathwater that will not brake his, and/or the big baby's big fall, as  depending, Depends on Diapers and all, asz his rash propensity to quick change with his little hands

the look the other direction of his dire(need to find his) erections of Big Manly 

Walls so offensive, he must be defensive, cause he has     become      a long time ago    sO obviously lacking and in need of aid,   To the dull point ing   to 

LACTAID

of TOLERANCE.

His pent up Cpac  Pence like religious zealot style vent has an X pensive distaste

for Taste,  coming after milked, like a probate in pre prubescent puberty gone domesticated out in the all the wild, as he attempts to bridge tunnels to thin air, with his fake hair wigg outs, his follically challenged heir, apparent    Lee , (another General he new more than) Grant Ted his excellent adventure wished to be with Bill, while we got stuck with it, by being shot

up in the foot stuck in his mouth attached to his suite tie, via his up in  arms, with chairs  men and women     as with all his junk , key is to clean out   the Trunk     of all the    junk, keyed   cars  alike   an auto matic   manual   truck transmitting TV dinner waves served in diners via Radio, activities that include in order to hang

more than off X          surfers, you need eleven

to surf the outer spaces of the internet          to catch    what i allude to,    4   if you have creed

it's more than   just an illusion

katrix
Sophomore Participates
4  katrix    5 years ago

Trump demanded that Obama release his school records .... he's such a hypocrite. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.1  Ronin2  replied to  katrix @4    5 years ago

What else is new. All politicians, and it seems their factions are.

Likewise the left shouldn't give a damn about Trump's grades since they defended Obama not releasing his.  

katrix
Sophomore Participates
4.1.1  katrix  replied to  Ronin2 @4.1    5 years ago

Trump takes hypocrisy to an entirely new level. 

If Obama had demanded that someone else show their grades, then I would have absolutely expected him to show his.  That's the only reason I care about this - because Trump keeps making huge stinks about things that he refuses to do himself.  He doesn't hold himself to any standards at all.  If he thought it was so damned important that Obama show his grades, he should have no problem with showing his own.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  katrix @4.1.1    5 years ago

jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_24_smiley_image.gif

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5  JohnRussell    5 years ago

I'll grant that Trump may be of average intelligence. Although he says an incredible amount of indefensibly stupid stuff, some of that may be an act to appeal to his base. But I see absolutely no evidence whatsoever that Trump is at all above average in intelligence. More often than not he acts like a moron.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @5    5 years ago

I honestly think he is mentally retarded in some way, no offense to those who suffer true impairments.  

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
5.2  Dean Moriarty  replied to  JohnRussell @5    5 years ago

I got a kick out of Comey’s analysis of Trumps intelligence. 

"He strikes me as a person of above average intelligence“

luther28
Sophomore Silent
5.3  luther28  replied to  JohnRussell @5    5 years ago
I'll grant that Trump may be of average intelligence

Gee John, you must have a much lower bar for average than I. Other than being a master manipulator and consummate con man, I find the fellow to be quite the dolt.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.3.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  luther28 @5.3    5 years ago
I find the fellow to be quite the dolt.

i'm glad no A before Dolt,

unless,

followed by SSHOLE

luther28
Sophomore Silent
5.3.2  luther28  replied to  igknorantzrulz @5.3.1    5 years ago

:)

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6  Sparty On    5 years ago

Meh .... like health records, school records are private.   Nobodies business if you don't care to share them.  

Now was Trump being hypocritical by asking for Obama's while not wanting to share his?   Sure.   But so are all the pricks asking for Trumps records while not sharing theirs.

And the wheel goes around and around, round and around .....

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
6.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Sparty On @6    5 years ago

how many people threaten their alumins over it...?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  igknorantzrulz @6.1    5 years ago

I don't know.   Do you you?

Do you think Trump is the first person to do something like this?

Do you think private records, should be public?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
6.1.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Sparty On @6.1.1    5 years ago

1) of course there are pols that might hypocritically pull this same bull$hip

2) No, but i will  on occasion drink a YOO HOO

3) No    see #1

4) If they were, Y would "you you" call them "private records" ? , cause me me thinks they they should be then called 

public records.

If anyone wants to call out another as loudly and placentifull as after Trumps' Birther movement,

their privacy should be open to being aborted.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  igknorantzrulz @6.1.2    5 years ago
If anyone wants to call out another as loudly and placentifull as after Trumps' Birther movement, their privacy should be open to being aborted.

Whatever rationalizations and justifications you try use here, you will still be wrong.

Gotta go now.   I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night and the breakfast buffet is almost over ....

katrix
Sophomore Participates
6.2  katrix  replied to  Sparty On @6    5 years ago

Trump made it an issue by bragging about his grades after demanding that Obama show his, and was most likely lying.  Otherwise why would he have insisted that his records be hidden as soon as he realized that his demands to see Obama's could bite him in the rear end?  But I agree, school records really aren't anyone else's business.  School grades don't really prove much about a person's qualification for many areas in politics, anyway.  I don't want a doctor who barely passed med school (not that I'd ever know), but no President is ever going to be educated about everything he/she needs to know for the job.  It's just not possible.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.2.1  Sparty On  replied to  katrix @6.2    5 years ago

Education can be over rated IMO.   Plenty of under educated/under achievers have gone on to do great things.

Gates, Allen, Jobs, McCain, Dell, Henry Ford, John D Rockefeller, etc, etc .......

Still ..... none of that changes the private nature of school records.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.2.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  katrix @6.2    5 years ago
I don't want a doctor who barely passed med school

What do you call the person who graduated last in his/her medical school class?

Answer: Doctor

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.3  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @6.2.1    5 years ago

If the turd demanded President Obama show his grades - the turd needs to show his grades.