╌>

Ilhan Omar: Obama’s a ‘pretty face’ who got ‘away with murder’

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  1stwarrior  •  5 years ago  •  176 comments

Ilhan Omar: Obama’s a ‘pretty face’ who got ‘away with murder’

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Minnesota Rep. Ilhan Omar ripped former President Barack Obama in an interview published Friday, belittling his “pretty face” and saying his agenda of hope and change was an illusion.

She cited the “caging of kids” at the Mexican border and the “droning of countries around the world” on Obama’s watch — and argued that he wasn’t much different from President Trump

“We can’t be only upset with Trump,” the freshman firebrand told Politico Magazine.

“His policies are bad, but many of the people who came before him also had really bad policies. They just were more polished than he was,” Omar said.

“And that’s not what we should be looking for anymore. We don’t want anybody to get away with murder because they are polished. We want to recognize the actual policies that are behind the pretty face and the smile.”

The explosive comments about a man lionized by Democrats were only the latest in a series of incendiary statements that have put the national spotlight on Omar, a Somali-American Muslim who spent four years in a refugee camp in Kenya after her family fled the violence in their homeland.

In February, her second month in office, Omar responded to a tweet about House GOP leader Kevin McCarthy’s threats to punish her and another congresswoman for criticizing Israel.

“It’s all about the Benjamins baby,” she tweeted, a line from a Puff Daddy song about $100 bills.

Critics said Omar was perpetuating a hateful trope about Jewish Americans and money.

She recently got into another hot mess after another tweet was slammed by some as anti-Semitic.

The ensuing firestorm rattled the Democratic House majority and spurred days of recriminations and tense negotiations that led to the compromise package condemning bigotry that sailed through the House on Thursday, with only 23 Republicans voting against it.

The party’s leftist wing, led by New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, said Omar was being singled out when others at the highest levels of government had said things that were worse and escaped censure.

More moderate Dems, including Jewish lawmakers such as New York’s Eliot Engle, wanted the resolution to focus only on anti-Semitism as a direct response to Omar’s comment, which questioned the loyalty of politicians who accept donations from pro-Israel PACs and organizations.

Ultimately, after days of chaos and acrimony, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi was able to unite her caucus — and box in a big majority of Republicans — to back the compromise.

And Omar — along with Rashida Tlaib of Michigan the first Muslim women in Congress — said she’s willing to keep speaking out and be a Republican punching bag if it helps advance her agenda, a prospect that likely makes many of her fellow Democrats cringe.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1  seeder  1stwarrior    5 years ago

WOW - this new Rep is really gonna face some reckoning - ya don't bad mouth Barry - 'specially if you're a Dem Freshman.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
1.1  Nowhere Man  replied to  1stwarrior @1    5 years ago

And watch, anyone that criticizes her is going to be labeled an Islamophobe....

Bigotry and hate is allowable and protected on the house floor and in whatever a congressperson wants to put out there....

A perfect example of giving in and getting shafted for it as a thank you...

Strange times indeed.....

(I wonder how the progressives and liberal wing of the party is going to deal with this)

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Nowhere Man @1.1    5 years ago
I wonder how the progressives and liberal wing of the party is going to deal with this

By burying their heads in the sand or by watering it down so much any criticism would be meaningless, like they did with the anti-semetic slurs.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1.2  Split Personality  replied to  Nowhere Man @1.1    5 years ago
And watch, anyone that criticizes her is going to be labeled an Islamophobe....

Why?

She is only repeating what the ODS crowd has said 'here and there' for the last decade, most, but not all of them, conservatives of all parties.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
1.1.3  Nowhere Man  replied to  Split Personality @1.1.2    5 years ago
Why? She is only repeating what the ODS crowd has said 'here and there' for the last decade, most, but not all of them, conservatives of all parties.

And listening to the liberal side of the board I thought is was only conservatives that went down the turnaboutism road in defending the indefensible? We can excuse her Antisemitism cause of your Islamophobia.....

Nothing new in this on the board here, the real issue being discussed is that it is now official policy of the political party in control of the US House of Representatives....

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.1.4  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  Nowhere Man @1.1.3    5 years ago

The political party "in control" is rapidly losing its hold on the House with all their infighting.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  1stwarrior @1    5 years ago
ya don't bad mouth Barry

And here I thought all the conservatives would embrace her considering all the Obama bashing they do.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.2    5 years ago

And I thought all liberals would excoriate her for her comments.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.2.3  Split Personality  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.2    5 years ago

Why? Comments like hers have been repeated here by many, and repeated in magazines, and on TV by people of all political walks,

especially about the American father & son who were killed in Yemen.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.4  Texan1211  replied to  Split Personality @1.2.3    5 years ago
Why?

Because Obama is a sacred cow for many Democrats.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2.5  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.4    5 years ago

Sacred; no. Cow?  Perhaps so.  

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.2.6  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.2    5 years ago

Actually, most conservatives didn't bash Obama - they bashed his policies and his "I've got a pen and a phone" management style.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.2.7  Split Personality  replied to  1stwarrior @1.2.6    5 years ago
Actually, most conservatives didn't bash Obama

Really?

Wow....

Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו
Junior Participates
1.2.8  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.2    5 years ago
And here I thought all the conservatives would embrace her considering all the Obama bashing they do.

What a gift Omar gave them and all they can do is, true to form, bitch about it. 

Junior Participates
1.2.9  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.2    5 years ago

And I thought Trumpers would praise her. 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.2.10  KDMichigan  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @1.2.9    5 years ago
And I thought Trumpers would praise her. 

But yet you can't point out who did. 

I love these LWNJ and how the extreme left try to excuse her 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
1.2.11  arkpdx  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.2.5    5 years ago
Cow

I don't think they were talking about Moochelle !

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.2.12  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  Split Personality @1.2.7    5 years ago

Notice that you didn't read the rest of the sentence.

Junior Participates
1.3  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  1stwarrior @1    5 years ago

I'd think you lot would be singing her praises today.  

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.3.1  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @1.3    5 years ago

[deleted]

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3  Sean Treacy    5 years ago

Given her backtracking today.. It's clear a Democrat can say all the anti-Semitic things she wants, but criticizing Obama is not allowed. 

Junior Participates
3.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    5 years ago
Given her backtracking today.. It's clear a Democrat can say all the anti-Semitic things she wants, but criticizing Obama is not allowed. 

You'll let us know when a liberal sends out death threats to or walks into a synagog and kills a dozen Jews, right? 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
3.1.1  KDMichigan  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @3.1    5 years ago
or walks into a synagog

How about a baseball diamond?  

Junior Participates
3.1.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  KDMichigan @3.1.1    5 years ago
How about a baseball diamond?  

So, equating 11 murders to 4 injuries, none lethal---We always enjoy how rightwing math equalizes therefore trivializes the horror of the former.   

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @3.1.2    5 years ago

Only fools would believe that either incident actually had anything to do with political parties.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
3.1.5  KDMichigan  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @3.1.2    5 years ago
therefore trivializes

Wow dismissing a LWNJ because he actually failed to kill anybody speaks volumes about your mindset.

Junior Participates
3.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    5 years ago
It's clear a Democrat can say all the anti-Semitic things she wants, but criticizing Obama is not allowed. 

She's already been the reason for a big in the House brought by Dems to rebuke her for her earlier comments.  You can't even seem to keep up with the smearing you people are doing to her. 

Junior Participates
3.2.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @3.2    5 years ago

Should read "big  censure resolution" up there.  I think the vote was 407 aye, 23 nay, all republicans curiously enough.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @3.2.1    5 years ago

Bull-fucking-shit.

There hasn't been any Congressional censure of the Democratic anti-Semite.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4  Vic Eldred    5 years ago

She's not afraid to shoot her mouth off. She got elected to the US House of Representatives with a grand total of 267,703 votes. She is one of the radical freshmen, which will cause serious problems for Pelosi and the democrats. 

Attacking Obama will be hard to swallow for the party faithful, but swallow they will!

What's this, her third incident since being sworn in?   Keep it coming Ilhan..

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @4    5 years ago

She will.  Of that there’s no doubt.  

Junior Participates
4.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Vic Eldred @4    5 years ago
She got elected to the US House of Representatives with a grand total of 267,703 votes.

Which was >78% of the vote.  [deleted, other members are not the topic]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @4.2    5 years ago

removed for context [SP]

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5  Hal A. Lujah    5 years ago

If you criticize a nation’s policies, you are now automatically considered a bigot to descendents of that nation?  Strange that conservatives would be jump on that train.  That’s the kind of thinking that they typically paint liberals with.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1  Texan1211  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5    5 years ago
If you criticize a nation’s policies, you are now automatically considered a bigot to descendents of that nation?

Who made such a claim?

Strange that conservatives would be jump on that train. That’s the kind of thinking that they typically paint liberals with.

That is hilarious coming from a party that says if you oppose abortion in any way, you are conducting a war on women. Or that if you want lower taxes, you are bowing to the rich and elite.  Or that if you recognize a duly-elected President who received more than enough electoral votes to claim the win, you are basically un-American.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5.1.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1    5 years ago

You just made my point.  And with several sweeping generalizations!  Good job!

Critics said Omar was perpetuating a hateful trope about Jewish Americans and money.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.1.1    5 years ago

Sorry, I keep forgetting that only one side is allowed sweeping generalizations. My mistake.

Who made the claim that if you criticize a nation's policies, you are automatically considered a bigot?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5.1.3  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.2    5 years ago

Who made the claim that if you criticize a nation's policies, you are automatically considered a bigot?

I did, after reading this article where that is the implied message.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.1.3    5 years ago
I did, after reading this article where that is the implied message.

It appears to be that way only to you.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.1.5  Split Personality  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.4    5 years ago

When was the last time you talked to Buzz?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.6  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.2    5 years ago

Your point about sweeping 🧹 generalizations is spot on and correctly made.  

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
5.1.7  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.1.3    5 years ago

You're saying the NY Post is attacking the left?  Of course - they're a far right media and anything the left does is pretty much off limits.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.1.8  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.1.3    5 years ago

Omar has recently crossed the line by publicly relating these antisemitic tropes  (the bolding is mine to SPECIFY what is applicable to her statements):

From the International Holocaust Memorial Alliance definition of antisemitism, adopted by 31 civilized nations, including the USA:

"Making mendacious, dehumanizing, demonizing, or stereotypical allegations about Jews as such or the power of Jews as collective — such as, especially but not exclusively, the myth about a
world Jewish conspiracy or of Jews controlling the media, economy, government or other societal institutions.
Accusing the Jews as a people, or Israel as a state, of inventing or exaggerating the Holocaust.
Accusing Jewish citizens of being more loyal to Israel, or to the alleged priorities of Jews worldwide, than to the interests of their own nations.
Denying the Jewish people their right to self-determination, e.g., by claiming that the existence of a State of Israel is a racist endeavor.
Applying double standards by requiring of it a behavior not expected or demanded of any other democratic nation.
Using the symbols and images associated with classic antisemitism (e.g., claims of Jews killing Jesus or blood libel) to characterize Israel or Israelis.
Drawing comparisons of contemporary Israeli policy to that of the Nazis.              Holding Jews collectively responsible for actions of the state of Israel."

AGAIN AND AGAIN MEMBERS OF NT SAY THAT THEY WOULD BE CALLED ANTI-SEMITES JUST BECAUSE THEY CRITICIZE ISRAEL FOR ANYTHING, AND EVERY FUCKING TIME I HAVE TO POST THIS FOLLOWING EXCLUSION FROM THE IHMA AND OTTAWA PROTOCOL DEFINITIONS OF ANTISEMITISM, AND RELATE AGAIN AND AGAIN THAT I MYSELF HAVE POSTED COMMENTS THAT ARE CRITICAL OF ISRAEL, ITS GOVERNMENT, ITS LEADERS, ITS JUDICIARY, THE IDF, THE SETTLERS AND THE HARADIM AND I'M NO ANTI-SEMITE.

"However, criticism of Israel similar to that leveled against any other democratic nation cannot be regarded as antisemitic."

IS THAT BIG ENOUGH AND COLOURFUL ENOUGH?  I DOUBT IT. I EXPECT THE IGNORAMUSES ON THIS SITE TO AGAIN SAY THAT THEY CAN'T CRITICIZE ISRAEL WITHOUT BEING CALLED AN ANTISEMITE.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5.1.9  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.1.8    5 years ago
knee-jerk
/ˈnē ˈˌjərk/
adjective
  1. 1.
    (of a response) automatic and unthinking.
    "a knee-jerk reaction"

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.1.10  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.1.9    5 years ago

In my case perhaps "automatic", but the "unthinking" part of that definition does not apply to my responses, it applies to comments like yours that I have to continually rebut over and over and over again.  [deleted]

Junior Participates
5.1.11  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1    5 years ago
Who made such a claim?

[Deleted]  Her comment that there were members of Congress seemingly more supportive of the Israeli government's policies than in the security interests of their own country were right on target.  That statement had nothing to do with antisemitism and you know it. 

Junior Participates
5.1.12  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.2    5 years ago
Sorry, I keep forgetting that only one side is allowed sweeping generalizations. My mistake.

You rebut your own whines for us.  Well done. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.13  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @5.1.11    5 years ago
Her comment that there were members of Congress seemingly more supportive of the Israeli government's policies than in the security interests of their own country were right on target. That statement had nothing to do with antisemitism and you know it

I suggest you read and understand post 5.1.8.

That way you'll know what antisemitism is.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5    5 years ago

The truth is is indeed painful isn't it?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5.2.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @5.2    5 years ago

Is that the truth?  Lol.  “It’s all about the Benjamins” is a reference to the economic ties between the US and Israel, and how they impact national policies.  But you guys decided to couch it as a direct disparagement of greedy Jews.  What’s next?  Are you going make a random connection of the left’s criticism of Ben Carson’s policy statements to fried chicken?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.2.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.2.1    5 years ago

Actually, Hal, I think you have to take into consideration more than just the phrase "It's the Benjamins, Baby".  She was then asked "Who?" and her response was "AIPAC".  She was accusing the lobbying organization AIPAC of giving money to lawmakers, in order to "buy" favourable legislation.

By the way, Hal, someone posted an article about what really scared us, especially when we were young. My response was that I don't remember ever being scared by monsters or ghosts or zombies, but Hal's new avatar scares the shit out of me.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5.2.3  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.2.2    5 years ago

She was accusing the lobbying organization AIPAC of giving money to lawmakers, in order to "buy" favourable legislation.

Again, such feelings are in no way indicative of across the board anti-semitism.  In all fairness, I expected you to think that way, since you are by far the site’s biggest cheerleader for Israel.  Nobody here has as serious of a knee jerk reaction to perceived anti-semitism as you.

On a side note, have you not heard of Momo yet?

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
5.2.4  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.2.1    5 years ago

No, "you guys" didn't couch it - that was done by the right winged media who blasted it all over their networks - with good cause.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.2.5  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.2.3    5 years ago

Read my comment, please:

As for MOMO, never heard of it although I've been to MOMA.  However, I searched it on Bing and discovered where you got that avatar - I had thought it was one of the masks you've collected.

Junior Participates
5.2.6  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @5.2    5 years ago
The truth is is indeed painful isn't it?

You must have lived a pain-free life, then.  

Junior Participates
5.2.7  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.2.1    5 years ago
 “It’s all about the Benjamins” is a reference to the economic ties between the US and Israel, and how they impact national policies.

And it was referring to members of Congress on both sides of the aisle who seem to have supporting the Israeli government as their priority rather than the Israeli Muslim and Jewish citizens' interests as well as the security of the US.  

Junior Participates
5.2.8  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  1stwarrior @5.2.4    5 years ago
that was done by the right winged media who blasted it all over their networks - with good cause.

It was blasted by the entire media....left, right and center.  And yet you still seem to be bitching about something.  

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.2.9  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @5.2.6    5 years ago

I've had more pain in my life than you could probably imagine, but you wouldn't care either way...

Junior Participates
5.2.10  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @5.2.9    5 years ago
I've had more pain in my life than you could probably imagine, but you wouldn't care either way...

Not sure how to respond to that.  I would suggest that you're probably not as unique in this area as you think.  I'm sure there are plenty of people in the NT community with pain in their lives.  I've just never seen any of them make reference to it quite like that until now. 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.2.11  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @5.2.10    5 years ago

Don't bother, you would just look foolish...

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
5.3  KDMichigan  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5    5 years ago
considered a bigot to descendents of that nation?

And if you criticize obama you are considered a racist.

How is that working out for the Dems when a Jew hating Muslim freshmen rep slams their anointed  one Barry?

Stay tuned 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5.3.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  KDMichigan @5.3    5 years ago

And if you criticize obama you are considered a racist.

See, you’re doing it again.  That was never a charge made by the left.  It just more garbage manufactured by the right.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
5.3.2  Cerenkov  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.3.1    5 years ago

Lol. It was ubiquitous among the left.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.3.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.3.1    5 years ago
That was never a charge made by the left

What's next?  "We have always been at war with Eastasia"

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
5.3.4  Nowhere Man  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.3.3    5 years ago
What's next?  "We have always been at war with Eastasia"

Nope....

"We have always been at war with anyone who opposes our policies or disagrees with us"

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
5.3.5  KDMichigan  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.3.1    5 years ago
That was never a charge made by the left.

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif What a line of BS. Do you live on planet earth?

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
5.3.6  arkpdx  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.3.1    5 years ago
That was never a charge made by the left.

Where were you during Obama's term? We're you able to keep in touch with your family or were you totally isolated? 

Junior Participates
5.3.7  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Cerenkov @5.3.2    5 years ago
Lol. It was ubiquitous among the left.

I can't decide which word in the sentence you know less about:  the meaning of "ubiquitous" or what constitutes "the left."  

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
5.3.8  Cerenkov  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @5.3.7    5 years ago

[deleted]

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
5.3.9  Cerenkov  replied to  Cerenkov @5.3.8    5 years ago

[deleted]

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
6  Cerenkov    5 years ago

Jihadist Omar has demonstrated clearly that she is an antisemite. By avoiding any condemnation of her personally, the DNC has embraced antisemitism as part of their platform. I guess that will mesh well with their racists and rapists in VA.

The party of bigotry.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1  Texan1211  replied to  Cerenkov @6    5 years ago

Can you even IMAGINE the shrieking and whining that would go on if a conservative dared to make a statement like that?

They would accuse them of being a racist.

It would last for DAYS!

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
6.1.1  Cerenkov  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1    5 years ago

Liberal hypocrisy is a hell of a drug...

luther28
Sophomore Silent
6.1.2  luther28  replied to  Cerenkov @6.1.1    5 years ago

Liberal hypocrisy is a hell of a drug...

If that be the case, GOP hypocrisy would be the fentanyl of the drug spectrum.

I just sit back and chortle when either party attempts to gain the moral high ground, neither is nor has been lily pure the GOP just does it with a straight face..

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
6.1.3  Cerenkov  replied to  luther28 @6.1.2    5 years ago

So you are laughing at yourself?

luther28
Sophomore Silent
6.1.4  luther28  replied to  Cerenkov @6.1.3    5 years ago

Only at you:)

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
6.1.5  Cerenkov  replied to  luther28 @6.1.4    5 years ago

[deleted]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.1.6  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1    5 years ago

Just days?  

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6.1.7  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1    5 years ago

Before or after the left strung them up?

Junior Participates
6.1.8  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @6.1.7    5 years ago
Before or after the left strung them up?

Don't blame the left for your political suicides.  

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6.1.9  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @6.1.8    5 years ago

I don't have to. The left is doing a perfectly good enough job of it on their own lately...

Junior Participates
6.1.10  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1    5 years ago
if a conservative dared to make a statement like that?

What "if"?  You've had Steve King spouting KKK-style garbage for years and only recently has he been properly tagged and only because Republicans lost the House and couldn't protect him any longer.  We haven't forgotten that David Duke is a Republican and Scumbag supporter.   And I've already shown you the gross anti-semitic "Protocols" level smears of wealthy Jewish liberals (I guess wealthy Jewish big donors to Republicans get a pass--for the time being).  This doesn't even begin to take into account the perennial anti-semitic savage blood-libels of George Soros for years.  

Junior Participates
6.1.11  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Cerenkov @6.1.1    5 years ago
Liberal hypocrisy is a hell of a drug..

Hypocrisy?  That's what fills the Republican hot tub and they soak in it 24/7/365.  

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
6.1.12  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @6.1.11    5 years ago
Liberal hypocrisy is a hell of a drug..

That the right hallucinate about, as they are the ones addicted to the hippo crazy they phatly project upon others, screened from them is actual reality, and they know it bugs them, to no end, so they start it up, over and over again

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.13  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @6.1.10    5 years ago

Might as well give up when you have to drag David Duke into it.

Duke won one campaign as a Republican, and the Republican Party repudiated him and Duke himself left the KKK in 1980.

Got anything a little more current than 30+ years ago?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.1.14  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.13    5 years ago

That’s asking a lot of a secular progressive. 

Junior Participates
6.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Cerenkov @6    5 years ago
Jihadist Omar has demonstrated clearly that she is an antisemite.

And by calling her a jihadist you've clearly demonstrated your hatred for Muslims (who, if they're of Middle Eastern descent, are also semitic).  You don't get to play in the sewer and then claim you're not covered in shit.  

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
6.2.1  Cerenkov  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @6.2    5 years ago

False. Not all Muslims are jihadists. Your comment was very bigoted. 

Junior Participates
6.2.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Cerenkov @6.2.1    5 years ago

Yet you're the one blithely throwing around that term, as you say "falsely" (since you have no basis, other than to smear, to use it to describe Omar).  Do you not read your own comments?

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
6.2.3  Cerenkov  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @6.2.2    5 years ago

You have implied that all Muslims are jihadists. That's prejudice. Do better.

Junior Participates
6.2.4  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Cerenkov @6.2.3    5 years ago

[deleted]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.2.5  XXJefferson51  replied to  Cerenkov @6.2.1    5 years ago

You got it exactly right.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7  JohnRussell    5 years ago

I denounce any anti-semitism, by either side of the political aisle. And the TRUTH is that anti-semitism is not politically motivated. Anti-semitism is akin to racism, it is a bigotry that precedes political affiliation. People who think Jews control this or Jews all have that undesirable personal characteristic are not expressing a political belief and come from all parts of the political spectrum.

There is an element where politics does enter into it in current thinking though, and that is in Israel's policies as created or continued by Netanyahu, who I don't believe is a popular figure among Democrats. And the Republicans are squarely behind everything Israel does, with a sizable part of the Republican population of the belief that Israel plays a part in the second coming of Jesus Christ through Bible prophecy. THAT may be the source of much of the Christian right's devotion to Israel.

They need to settle the Israeli-Palestinian situation. When that happens much of the "hatred" of Israel will go away.

The best punishment for Omar is to not re-elect her to Congress. If she continues making a fool out of herself that will likely be the case. She is up for re-election at the same time Trump is.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
7.1  KDMichigan  replied to  JohnRussell @7    5 years ago
If she continues making a fool out of herself that will likely be the case.

I highly doubt it. The Democrats are being taken over by the extreme left. The damage will be done by these LWNJ and help facilitate another 4 years of Trump and crying by the snowflakes because they put up a self described socialist to run against him.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
8  Ed-NavDoc    5 years ago

John, I was with you 100% through your first paragraph above, but your blanket statement in the second paragraph that "...the Republicans are squarely behind everything Israel does." just kind of blew it out the window. That is a unfair and misleading statement and you know it. Yes, many Republicans do support Israel, but it is nowhere near the universal support you try to make it sound like.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
8.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @8    5 years ago

So Doc..... Lets turn that around. "....the Democrats are squarely behind against everything Israel does."

As you said, that too would be an unfair and misleading statement.  Most democrats support Israel, but to they are not going to go "all in" on everything she does, especially when it can lead to pain and suffering of an entire group of people.

The hard liners on both ends of the issue need to go, and those that can work towards a permanent solution that better the lives of all the people in that region should be empowered to do so.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
8.1.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @8.1    5 years ago

Agreed.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
8.1.2  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @8.1    5 years ago

Fly - it would be very fair to say "most in Congress support Israel"  because it is a two laned street.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.1.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @8.1    5 years ago
"...pain and suffering of an entire group of people."

Self-inflicted, due to their leadership. Being offered 95%, even 97% of their demands wasn't good enough to stop them from walking out the door instead of negotiating and compromising.  The only thing that will satisfy their leaders is 'Palestine will be free from the river to the sea." 

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
8.1.4  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.1.3    5 years ago

So get rid of the leadership on both sides, and let some everyday families take a crack at it....cant do any worse.  There is a solution if both sides want the killing to stop.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
8.1.5  FLYNAVY1  replied to  1stwarrior @8.1.2    5 years ago

How about everyone stop painting with such broad strokes all the time..... 

But people won't because that requires them to have to think more about what the truth really is. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.1.6  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @8.1.4    5 years ago

There ARE everyday families who are trying - Arabs and Jews working together in Israel trying to normalize the relationship between them.  I have not noted any discouragement for that from the Jewish side - but you know damn well where the criticism and demonizing of those people comes from. 

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
8.1.7  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.1.6    5 years ago

Lives ended, lives destroyed, just because someone else doesn't like the way each other pray, or what a 3000, and 1300 year old book say.  We've tried a world with gods and prayers, and that has shackled humans to ignorance and hate at every turn. 

No Buzz, I don't know "damn well" where the noise is coming from, but what I do know is that one side or both are lacking are leaders that understand that violence only perpetuates more violence.  Achieving peace is a dangerous business, and neither Netanyahu nor Abbas have the courage that De Klerk in South Africa, or John Major in Ireland had to get peace to the finish line. Yitzhak Rabin knew that fighting for peace could cost him his life, but he never lacked the courage to continue to act on behalf of peace.

Whatever...... Take care.   

Junior Participates
8.1.8  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  1stwarrior @8.1.2    5 years ago
Fly - it would be very fair to say "most in Congress support Israel"  because it is a two laned street.

When you say "support Israel" I wonder what you'd say to this Israeli (Jewish) columnist in Ha'aretz:

Keep It Up, Ilhan Omar   Neither Hamas nor a black day, but a glimmer of hope on Capitol Hill

Here are some excerpts (in case you decide not to go to the link):

Maybe, for the first time in history, someone will dare tell the truth to the American people, absorbing scathing accusations of anti-Semitism, without bowing her head. The chances of this happening aren’t great; the savage engine of the Jewish lobby and of Israel’s “friends” is already doing everything it can to trample her.

When will Americans and Europeans stop running scared every time someone screams “anti-Semitism”? Until when will Israel and the Jewish establishment succeed in exploiting (the existing) anti-Semitism as a shield against criticism? When will the world dare to distinguish between legitimate criticism of an illegitimate reality and anti-Semitism?

Due to the Israel lobby, the U.S. does not know the truth about what is happening here. Congress members, senators and shapers of public opinion who are flown here ad nauseam see only Israeli victimhood and Palestinian terror, which apparently emerged out of nowhere. Islamists, Qassam rockets and incendiary balloons – not a word about occupation, expropriation, refugees and military tyranny. Questions such as where the money goes and whether it serves American interests are considered heresy. When talking about Israel one must not ask questions or raise doubts.

Now, please do call Gideon Levy an anti-semite.  

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
8.1.9  arkpdx  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @8.1.4    5 years ago
everyday families

Which everyday Palestinian families do we chose? I those that hope their children become suicide bombers, those that actually strap the bombs on their children or those that dance in the streets when one of those children has a successful attack and kills as many Israelis as possible?

Junior Participates
8.1.10  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  arkpdx @8.1.9    5 years ago
I those [sic] that hope their children become suicide bombers, those that actually strap the bombs on their children or those that dance in the streets when one of those children has a successful attack and kills as many Israelis as possible?

When that's obviously the only view of a Muslim family you're willing to recognize it tells us why people like Omar risk their lives to represent the millions of Muslims and their families who do not do that and yet are dismissed by people like you.  

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
8.1.11  arkpdx  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @8.1.10    5 years ago

Where did I say all Muslims everywhewe were that way.We have been Talking about those "Palestinian's"in "Palestine"thathave approved and supported the actions I have stated. It was you that spread that to include all Muslims everywhere not me.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
8.1.12  FLYNAVY1  replied to  arkpdx @8.1.9    5 years ago

Peace requires the courage of leaders to seek it.

Yitzhak Rabin knew that fighting for peace could cost him his life, but he never lacked the courage to continue to act on behalf of peace.

When people think that the risk of achieving peace is too high, then the chance for peace dies.  Excuses are used to kill ideas and ideals.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.1.13  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @8.1.7    5 years ago

I see, so in your opinion, FDR was a warmonger because he declared war on the Japanese, and Truman was a war criminal for dropping "the bomb" on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and Winston Churchill was a warmonger because he defended England from the Nazis.  Okay, I understand your point.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
8.1.15  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.1.13    5 years ago

And I see where you are on the issue Buzz....  People like De Klerk, Major, Gandhi, and King were fools that history should ignore. 

It looks like there is no more room for try in your heart, and that's okay.  Hope you're well.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.1.16  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @8.1.15    5 years ago

I'm not sorry. Israel has had to defend itself CONSTANTLY since 1948, and I have been to Israel more than once and seen terror and the results of it with my own eyes, and thank God my children NARROWLY escaped being victims there.  I really have no patience for those who have an opinion based on what Ha'aretz traitors and biased news reports have to say.

Junior Participates
8.1.17  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  arkpdx @8.1.11    5 years ago
Where did I say all Muslims everywhewe were that way.

When have you ever said otherwise?  You could have taken the opportunity to do so in that comment and couldn't even do it. 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
8.1.18  arkpdx  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @8.1.17    5 years ago
When have you ever said otherwise?

You don't pay much attention do you? I have said numerous times that not all Muslims were terrorist or jihads and have said that most were good people

Junior Participates
8.1.19  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  arkpdx @8.1.18    5 years ago
I have said numerous times that not all Muslims were terrorist or jihads and have said that most were good people

As I've never seen that once, do you feel like linking to just one of those times?  Shouldn't be too much to ask if they're so "numerous," right? 

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
8.1.20  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.1.16    5 years ago

And they are at peace with Egypt, and they are at peace with Jordan...... Why can't they be at peace with Palestine?

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
8.1.21  dave-2693993  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @8.1.20    5 years ago
And they are at peace with Egypt, and they are at peace with Jordan...... Why can't they be at peace with Palestine?

That is an excellent question.

There was a time when there was no peace between Israel and countries you mentioned. Along the way, both side seriously took to heart a different spirit of relations. Even cooperation.

One you left out was Syria. They basically had their asses handed to them when they decided to throw a large scale mechanized attack at the same time as those other 2 and others attacked in their own ways. Look up Valley of Tears.

Here's a soft description:

The 2 you mentioned thought official peace was a better path to the future. Syria, just tucked their tail and ran.

The bottom line those countries quit attacking Israel.

The Palestinians play the propaganda game while continually attacking Israel at the expense of the lives and well being of their own people.

After all, it is their goal, just as it is Iran's goal, to drive Israel into the sea. They don't even try to hide that.

Peace is pretty simple to achieve. Stop attacking Israel.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.1.22  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @8.1.20    5 years ago

Well, if Israel could make peace with two of the Muslim/Arab countries on its borders, it was because it takes two to tango, so to speak. Israel wanted peace with all its neighbours, proven by the fact that they MADE peace with the two neighbours who ALSO wanted peace.  Need I say more?

Junior Participates
8.1.23  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @8.1.20    5 years ago

Israel is even informally "at peace" with Saudi Arabia (whose clerics no doubt still have the  goal of destruction of Israel--do we forget that the mastermind and all but one of the attackers on 9/11/2001 were Saudis who were brought up on hatred of Israel?).   SA was part of the general Arab military forces attacking Israel at its birth in 1948 and again 1973.  The only things keeping it away from Israel's throat is their sharing of common enemies of Syria and Iran and the deep financial/political dependency between it and the Scumbag Criminal Empire.  Israel even has a full if not exactly romantic relationship with Germany ferfuksakes.  But the Palestinians have committed a cardinal sin of wanting a homeland of their own after it was brokered away from them by the British in 1917 (once again, major clusterfucks of European colonialism keep rearing up and coming back on its perpetrators). One can only imagine how different the situation in Middle East might have been without, as Randy Newman put it, "the Great Nations of Europe coming through."

Junior Participates
8.1.24  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  dave-2693993 @8.1.21    5 years ago
The Palestinians play the propaganda game while continually attacking Israel at the expense of the lives and well being of their own people.

I guess having the rug pulled out from under them by both sides time and time again just might have something to do with that.  

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
8.1.25  dave-2693993  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @8.1.24    5 years ago
I guess having the rug pulled out from under them by both sides time and time again just might have something to do with that. 

Looks like an attempt to justify their behavour.

Curious, I wonder why they don't conduct terrorism against, "the other half of "both sides"?

I wounder if that has anything to do with their creed to drive Israel into the sea?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.1.26  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  arkpdx @8.1.11    5 years ago

Don't fret, arkpdx. Can't you see the nefarious method used to put you on the defensive?  You said "which...families", i.e. a specific group, not meaning "all", and continued by saying "those that..." specifically referring only to a specific group, not "all", yet the method to have put you on the defensive was to insinuate, well no, to actually declare, that what you meant was "all Muslims" which is a fucking evil lie meant to smear you.  When I see that that is the method of smearing that a person uses on this site, that uncivil bastardly way of insulting and hurting other members, I have them put on restriction to never address anything I post. 

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
8.1.27  dave-2693993  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.1.26    5 years ago

Then we have the faux "Semites" which is particularly funny for those who really do not know what a Semite is, but are more than willing to take the role of "right to be offended".

That is not meant to apply to many do have a blood line. I think many recognize the few who seek to point out the straw in the eyes of others while ignoring the rafter in their own.

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.1.28  Krishna  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @8.1.20    5 years ago

You've got it backwards. Here's the correct question we should be asking: 

Both Egypt and Jordan were willing to make peace with Israel-- why aren't the Palestinians?

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
8.1.29  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Krishna @8.1.28    5 years ago

Definitely another way to look at the point Krishna, and I think a healthy one. 

I will stick to the point that it will take a different set of leaders on both sides for any progress on peace to be made.  

Junior Participates
8.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @8    5 years ago
"...the Republicans are squarely behind everything Israel does." just kind of blew it out the window.

I'd love to see a list of names for any current republican office holders who have criticized Israeli government policies and you must know who they'd be based on that comment. 

luther28
Sophomore Silent
9  luther28    5 years ago

She cited the “caging of kids” at the Mexican border and the “droning of countries around the world” on Obama’s watch

Well, she did not make that up.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1  Texan1211  replied to  luther28 @9    5 years ago
She cited the “caging of kids” at the Mexican border and the “droning of countries around the world” on Obama’s watch
Well, she did not make that up.

Man, if you go around stating stuff like that, you will never be allowed to join the liberal club.

luther28
Sophomore Silent
9.1.1  luther28  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1    5 years ago
Man, if you go around stating stuff like that, you will never be allowed to join the liberal club

For the record I subscribe to neither forms of lunacy, but I do subscribe to truth.

Junior Participates
9.1.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1    5 years ago
Man, if you go around stating stuff like that, you will never be allowed to join the liberal club.

[Deleted

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
9.1.3  Cerenkov  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @9.1.2    5 years ago

Like the liberals that supported Obama? Lol.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
9.1.4  KDMichigan  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @9.1.2    5 years ago
Funny from someone who rabidly cheers that caging and "droning" on.  

[Removed]

I don't get it.

Junior Participates
9.1.5  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  KDMichigan @9.1.4    5 years ago
I don't get it.

[Removed]

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
9.2  Rmando  replied to  luther28 @9    5 years ago

Her complaint about Obamas use of drones is about the only thing she's said so far I actually agree with. But that only proves the adage about a stopped clock being right twice a day. I'm glad she's in there driving Nancy crazy.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
9.2.1  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  Rmando @9.2    5 years ago

Which really won't take too much more - especially with this Fresh-person class.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
9.2.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  1stwarrior @9.2.1    5 years ago

All hail Ocrazyo!  

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
9.2.3  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Rmando @9.2    5 years ago

What all of us "Old Farts" here on NT need to guard against is that she just might represent the face of the Millenials who increase their numbers over us baby boomer daily.  I can see how her views and those of Ocasio-Cortez would scare the crap out of many that naturally resist change.

I repeatedly state that all movement is relative in both physics and politics.  Distance can also be created by standing still.  Remember what we did to our parents.....!  The greatest generation handed something special off to us, and we've done our share to morph it into something grotesque in a short few decades.

Come gather 'round people wherever you roam,
And admit that the waters around you have grown,
And accept it that soon you'll be drenched to the bone
If your time to you is worth savin'
Then you better start swimmin'
Or you'll sink like a stone
For the times they are a-changin'

Come writers and critics who prophecize with your pen
And keep your eyes wide,
The chance won't come again,
And don't speak too soon
For the wheel's still in spin
And there's no tellin' who
That it's namin'
For the loser now
Will be later to win

Come senators, congressmen,
Please heed the call
Don't stand in the doorway,
Don't block the hall,
For he that' gets hurt
Will be he who has stalled,
There's a battle
Outside and it's ragin'
It'll soon shake your windows
And rattle your walls

Come mothers and fathers
Throughout the land,
And don't criticize
What you can't understand
Your sons and your daughters
Are beyond your command,
Your old road is rapidly agin',
Please get out of the new one
If you can't lend your hand

The line it is drawn,
The curse it is cast,
The slow one now will
Later be fast,
As the present now
Will later be past
The order is rapidly fadin'
And the first one now
Will later be last
For the times they are a-changin'      B. Dylan

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
9.2.4  arkpdx  replied to  Rmando @9.2    5 years ago

Obama's use of drones to take out terrorist targets was probably the only thing I liked about what he was doing. As far as I am concerned, terrorists have no rights in other countries or even here. 

Junior Participates
10  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו    5 years ago

Some gratitude from the  Obamahaters.  Omar gave you a gift yesterday and you can't accept it graciously.  I'm so disappointed (yet not at all surprised) in you.  

Junior Participates
12  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו    5 years ago

While  it's true that Israeli Arabs and Jews are working together to get along, it's also true that the Netanyahu government is doing everything it can to sabotage those efforts. 

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
12.1  Cerenkov  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @12    5 years ago

You mean when they strike back against the terrorists in Gaza? How horrible. 

Junior Participates
13  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו    5 years ago

I find it "amusing" that people who love and fully support tweets like this are trying to make the case that someone else is anti-semitic:

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
13.1  arkpdx  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @13    5 years ago

Wait! 

Doris, Steyer and Bloomberg are all billionaires. You know, I part of the 1% that the left says we are supposed to hate just like the Koch brothers . Then again they are liberal billionaires and have been given special dispensation by the left in like the Koch's who are evil conservatives and 

Junior Participates
13.1.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  arkpdx @13.1    5 years ago
Then again they are liberal billionaires and have been given special dispensation by the left.

Thanks for so eagerly embracing one of the favorite anti-semitic smears right out of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion by ignoring the essential fact of the Jewishness of one set of billionaires and the non-Jewishness of the others.  I just wonder why you were so eager to jump right in but thank you, thank you, thank you for doing so.  Makes my work so much easier.  Oh, and referring to Soros as "Doris!"  Soooo cuuuuuute. 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
13.1.2  arkpdx  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @13.1.1    5 years ago

Funny, I I don't recall saying anything about their race, ethnicity, I or their religion. That was you. I just said they were billionaires.

I find it disturbing that the left so easily brings bigotry into the discussion and must be their projection of their own characteristics. 

Junior Participates
13.1.3  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  arkpdx @13.1.2    5 years ago
That was you. I just said they were billionaires.

[Deleted]

*I love how Malcolm Nance described "coincidences" like this:  they take a lot of planning.  

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
13.1.4  arkpdx  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @13.1.3    5 years ago

No I really don't care that they were all Jew's and I didn't bring them into the discussion (is Steer Jewish? I I didn't know nor did I care). Please do not project your prejudices on to me. 

Junior Participates
13.1.5  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  arkpdx @13.1.4    5 years ago
No I really don't care that they were all Jew's and I didn't bring them into the discussion

Far too late for feigning naïveté, innocence or ignorance at this point, ark.  Not from the side that has a McCarthy and a Steve King and a Trump-inspired Nazi walking calmly into a synagogue murdering elderly Jews at prayer. 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
13.1.6  arkpdx  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @13.1.5    5 years ago

There you go with the projections again. Unlike the liberals, conservatives do not all think or act alike. I what others may do or sat does  not in anyway define me. Now take your self-projection machine away and just admit you were wrong again 

bugsy
Professor Participates
13.1.7  bugsy  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @13.1.5    5 years ago
Far too late for feigning naïveté, innocence or ignorance at this point, ark.

Some people really don't give a crap about a person's origins. To be honest, I would never have known those billionaires that we are supposed to hate are Jewish.

Some are just a little too hung up on race, ethnicity, etc.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
13.1.8  Cerenkov  replied to  bugsy @13.1.7    5 years ago

When you have a hammer, everything looks like a nail... 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
13.1.9  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @13.1.5    5 years ago

Al right Atheist - how 'bout getting back on topic or getting off this thread.

Only warning.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
13.1.11  Split Personality  replied to  1stwarrior @13.1.9    5 years ago
Al right Atheist - how 'bout getting back on topic or getting off this thread. Only warning.

How about locking your seed if your going to be gone for 24 hours

instead of flagging someone a dozen times upon your return

and THEN warning them about being "on topic".

Junior Participates
13.1.12  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  bugsy @13.1.7    5 years ago
To be honest, I would never have known those billionaires that we are supposed to hate are Jewish.

Yeah.  Right.  

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
13.1.13  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  Split Personality @13.1.11    5 years ago

So, are you going to moderate or participate?  Can't do both.

bugsy
Professor Participates
13.1.14  bugsy  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @13.1.12    5 years ago
Yeah.  Right

I really don't give a shit what their origins are. If it wasn't for liberals, many of whom are on here, making it clear in their posts that they are Jews, I never would have known. I still don't care.

Either way, isn't the liberal rule to hate ALL billionaires? Why don't you hate the ones that fund liberal causes?

1st....sorry about going off topic. It is just sickening when some people on here go all out stupid when you don't recognize people for their neat little liberal categories we are supposed to recognize them by.

bugsy
Professor Participates
13.1.15  bugsy  replied to  1stwarrior @13.1.13    5 years ago
So, are you going to moderate or participate?  Can't do both.

A thousand thumbs up. I've brought that up before when one of the mods replied to one of my comments, but deleted another for some imaginary infraction because the post did not toe the liberal line.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
13.1.16  Cerenkov  replied to  bugsy @13.1.15    5 years ago

It's a real problem with at least one "moderator".

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
13.1.17  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Cerenkov @13.1.16    5 years ago

Actually, you can moderate in an article in a thread you have not participated in, and ask for a review by another mod, which was done. Hope that clarifies things. 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
14  Ed-NavDoc    5 years ago
I've had more pain in my life than you could probably imagine.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
15  Jack_TX    5 years ago

She is such a gift to the Republican Party, you almost have to wonder if she and AOC are on the GOP payroll somehow.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
15.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Jack_TX @15    5 years ago

The dynamic trio. Tlaib is often with them and she had the expletive laced diatribe about impeaching our President.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
15.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  Jack_TX @15    5 years ago

The dynamic trio. Tlaib is often with them and she had the expletive laced diatribe about impeaching our President.  

bugsy
Professor Participates
15.2.1  bugsy  replied to  XXJefferson51 @15.2    5 years ago

I wonder if Pelosi slapped her pee pee Wednesday after she blabbed once again about impeaching the President, especially since she came out today saying there will be no impeachment. Truth is, she really knows why. There is nothing to impeach for.  I also wonder if these three stooge radicals will try and go rogue and attempt impeachment on their own, without Pelosi.

After all, according to AOC, she is in charge.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
16  It Is ME    5 years ago

This is funny !

A "Supposed" non-radical Islamist saying that our "All Muslims Aren't radical" President, "IS"...… A "Polished" Idiot !

Gotta luv.....Non-Radical muslims….they're soooooo TRUTHFUL?  jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif