╌>

Roseanne Barr blames Michelle Obama for getting fired at ABC, calls Donald Trump a 'genius'

Category:  Entertainment

Via:  tessylo  •  5 years ago  •  6 comments

Roseanne Barr blames Michelle Obama for getting fired at ABC, calls Donald Trump a 'genius'

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

6bafbad0-94e1-11e6-aa38-0b7f25a107f1_US-   Erin Donnelly   1 hour 39 minutes ago  

7f3a700e4d714e92de08408dfe822ea1 Roseanne Barr claims Michelle Obama called for her firing. (Photo: Rachel Luna/Getty Images)

In the months since   ABC canceled her show ,   Roseanne , last May,   Roseanne Barr   has put forth several explanations for her termination. While the firing came in response to outrage over Barr’s racist tweet linking former Obama official Valerie Jarrett, who is black, to the Muslim Brotherhood and  Planet of the Apes , the Jewish comedienne has   cited anti-Semitism   and   her views defending Israel.  She has also previously claimed to have not known that Jarrett is black.

Want daily pop culture news delivered to your inbox?   Sign up here   for Yahoo’s newsletter.

In a new interview with Britain’s   Sunday Times Magazine , Barr blames her controversial tweet on her “inebriated condition” caused by mixing Ambien with “a couple of beers.” But her actual firing, she claims, came at the behest of   Michelle Obama .

According to Barr, the former first lady ordered then-president of ABC Entertainment Group Channing Dungey to send her packing for insulting Jarrett. Jarrett is a longtime Obama friend and colleague.

0457cf74536763e1164f24dd152009bb Michelle Obama pictured with Valerie Jarrett in 2012. (Photo: Marvin Joseph/The Washington Post)

“She said, ‘This tweet is unforgivable,'” Barr told the magazine of Obama’s alleged involvement. “That’s what I was told and I tend to believe it because the woman who fired me is now working with the Obamas at Netflix.”

Dungey, who left ABC in November, has since been hired as Netflix’s  vice president of original content. Barack and Michelle Obama have a multi-year production deal with the streaming network.

Barr added that her tweet — which she concedes was a “very stupid thing” — was intended to be an attack on the Obama administration’s ties to Iran, which she sees as anti-Semitic. She also cited unsubstantiated claims that the Iran-born Jarrett may be Muslim.

“I should have written it backwards,” she said. “It came out dyslexic. It should have been, ‘Valerie Jarrett’s ties to the Muslim Brotherhood have now allowed Iran’s government to remain, as in the movie   Planet of the Apes .”

Along with Obama, she continued to blame anti-Semitic attitudes, which she feels prompted her termination.

“They wanted to take a Jew d own,” she told the  Times . “They wanted to take down a Zionist because they think that Zionists are the problem with everything in the world, and a lot of people in this country think like them.”

She also accused ABC of taking issue with her support of   Trump .

“They hate powerful women and they hate powerful, deplorable women and I do consider myself deplorable,” she said. “Deplorable is the greatest thing Hillary [Clinton] ever called us, because it empowered a revolution — we are deplorable to her kind. Of course, all working-class people are deplorable to her because it was working-class people that elected Trump.”

Speaking of the president, Barr had high praise for him — calling him a “genius” and a “real deep thinker.”

“Part of why I love Trump is that he took so many of my ideas,” she added when asked if she would consider another run for office.

She defended the president’s tweets, saying he is different from the “Trump puppet” that people see online.

“I’ve met him several times,” she said. “And don’t forget you can’t judge anyone for how they tweet on Twitter.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

So now it's Michelle Obama's fault?  

This loud mouthed bitch Roseanne is cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

Donald Rump is a genius?  

What two words don't go together?

lady in black
Professor Quiet
3  lady in black    5 years ago

Another one that can't take personal responsibility for her actions.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    5 years ago

Roseanne, sadly, is a crackpot. There are many such people who make their opinions known  (what's the fun of being an eccentric crackpot if you don't do it publicly?), but normally they are not beloved sitcom stars. According to her ex husband she is also certifiably mentally ill.

Verbally fellating Trump is her way to stay relevant and keep her crackpottery somewhat in the public eye.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5  Trout Giggles    5 years ago

Roseanne, honey, take a couple of Ambien, drink a few beers, then go to bed. Give me your phone first

luther28
Sophomore Silent
6  luther28    5 years ago

Most likely wrong on the first count, and on the second I would suppose that compared to herself Mr. Trump may appear a genius