╌>

Trump has Been Pitching for Three Innings and, has started to Balk on Almost Every Pitch

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  galen-marvin-ross  •  5 years ago  •  58 comments

Trump has  Been Pitching for Three Innings and, has started to Balk on Almost Every Pitch
I was watching Chris Matthews tonight and, he said something that made me think of Trumps pitching average since becoming president, if Trump was pitching in the majors he would have been pulled by now.

I was watching Chris Matthews tonight and, he said something that made me think of Trumps pitching average since becoming president, if Trump was pitching in the majors he would have been pulled by now. It is about the third inning in Trumps attempt to pitch for eight years, let's face it, he isn't doing all that well at the mound and, it has nothing to do with Mueller, although Mueller has hit a pretty good game up to now. The Democrats can't be blamed either for taking advantage of a president who can't pitch and, they have been hitting a bunch of fly balls that have been dropped by Trumps team. Error's have been committed by Trumps team and, many of the players have been removed from the game by their own self inflicted injury's, Flynn, Manafort, Gates, Papadopoulos, Stone, Cohen and, Sessions have all been removed for injury's that they inflicted on themselves either before the game started or, during the early days of the game and, Trump ordered them off of the field.

In the first inning Trump did fairly well, he got two pitch's across the plate, his tax bill and, his judicial picks have pleased the base but, since that time he has been either pitching balls or, he has balked at the mound, in the mean time, Mueller has been switch pitching with Pelosi and, Schumer and, they have been devastating at the mound so, devastating that the Trump supporters boo them every time they show up in the game. Somewhere around thirty to forty percent of the fans at the stadium still support Mr. Trump and, his team but, that still leaves a good sixty percent that aren't sure of him or, out right don't like him and, wish someone else would step in to pitch.

Trump has lost the House of Representatives to the Democrats and, several states went from Red or, Purple to Blue this past election, he is facing a new string of opponents for the 2020 election that have a good chance of taking his spot in the White House, if they don't screw it up at the mound or, the plate and, there are many who can do just that in this new group if they don't get their act together and, start thinking about those of us who are in the middle and, wishing for someone who will work with both Democrats and, Republicans in Congress, if elected to the White House. Right now the one who seems the most likely to do just that hasn't even said he will run yet, Joe Biden. The one other one at this time that I see, who has already announced he will run is John Hickenlooper from Colorado, in spite of what he has said on many talk shows he is a centrist, a little to the left of the middle but, he still is willing to work with the other side of the isle, if they have good ideas.

In the mean time what we have on one team is a pitcher that can't pitch and, gets made when he is jeered at the plate and, hits soft grounders to the folks in the field, I don't think he has made it to first base the whole game, the sad thing is, there are still 30% of Americans who think he is doing a wonderful job when he isn't even in the top 1000 of the folks who have played this game in the past or, are currently playing it now. In time we will have the full Mueller report, I don't really know what is going to be in it but, I do know it scares the bejesus out of Trump and, what is going on in New York has him running scared as well so, I will end this with the question I have asked before and, have never really gotten an answer for from the Right. If Trump has done nothing wrong, what is he so scared of with the Mueller report?

I forgot one thing,

This is not about any Clinton, any Obama or, anything that happened before January 2016. This is about Trumps presidency and, what he has and, has not done since taking office and, the people who he hired to run his campaign and, his administration and, his current supporters. It is also about the Democrats who are now running the House of Representatives, you know, the people mentioned in my Op-Ed. Let's keep it on topic and, lets respect those  who post responses.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1  author  Galen Marvin Ross    5 years ago

One of his greatest balks in the game has been his government shutdown, with that we learned that because of it Boeing wasn't able to finish a fix on the Boeing 737 Max 8 and, because of that over a hundred people died in a crash in Ethiopia.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1    5 years ago

What a convenient excuse for Boeing to try to cover itself for its own screw-ups.

Damn pitiful.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.3  1stwarrior  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1    5 years ago

Yeah - the government shut down caused that OCTOBER 2018 crash in London too, eh?

What a friggin' stretch.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.3.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  1stwarrior @1.3    5 years ago

u don't think 5 more weeks ahead of schedule might have not possibly increased the chances of the software update being implemented /?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.3.2  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  1stwarrior @1.3    5 years ago

Try reading the links I provided in post 1.2.2.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.3.4  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  XDm9mm @1.3.3    5 years ago
maybe you should take your own advice.  See above #1.2.5

I did, this is what I had to say about it,

I have to question what kind of experience Daniel Elwell has to administer the FAA and, I have to wonder about the relationship between Trump and, the CEO of Boeing since that same company has donated 1 million dollars to the Trump campaign and, the CEO is a member at Mira Lago.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1    5 years ago

Has the turd in chief said anything about the 157 dead?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.4.1  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Tessylo @1.4    5 years ago

Nothing, of course none of them were donors to his campaign either.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.5  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1    5 years ago
One of his greatest balks in the game has been his government shutdown

Are you referring to the shutdown that the Democrats caused because they don't want to pay the (about) $40B they voted in favor for that was to go to border security?

with that we learned that because of it Boeing wasn't able to finish a fix on the Boeing 737 Max 8 and, because of that over a hundred people died in a crash in Ethiopia.

Now this as stupid as blaming President Trump for the New Zealand shooting.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.5.1  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.5    5 years ago
Are you referring to the shutdown that the Democrats caused because they don't want to pay the (about) $40B they voted in favor for that was to go to border security?

No, Trump even said the shutdown was his fault, remember this,

Now this as stupid as blaming President Trump for the New Zealand shooting.

Even the shooter says that Trump is a hero of his and, Trump influence him in deciding to go on a shooting rampage.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.5.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.5.1    5 years ago

Taking blame and causing are two very different things.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.5.3  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.5.2    5 years ago
Taking blame and causing are two very different things.

And, ya'all seem to forget that Trump was offered 25 billion for his wall back when the Republicans controlled both houses, if he would agree to strengthen DACA and, then just before the shutdown he was offered 1.6 billion for the wall, he turned both down and, said he was going to shutdown the government, he said HE was going to shutdown the government, the democrats were trying to work with him and, he wouldn't take yes for an answer. And, if the wall was such an emergency why didn't Trump get the funding for it while he had control of Congress?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.5.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.5.3    5 years ago
And, ya'all seem to forget that Trump was offered 25 billion for his wall back when the Republicans controlled both houses

Just like you forget the Democrats voted to pay $50 billion for this.  

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.5.5  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.5.4    5 years ago

Deflection again. This is about Trump wanting to build a wall when both Democrats and, Republicans have said it isn't needed, what is needed and, both sides agree on it, is better security and, a Medieval wall isn't it, neither is closing the border. 

katrix
Sophomore Participates
1.5.7  katrix  replied to  XDm9mm @1.5.6    5 years ago

If we close the border, we'll reportedly run out of avocados in 3 weeks.  Limes will also be a problem.  Maybe you don't care about margaritas and guacamole, but I do!

And without immigrants to pick fruits and vegetables, we'd be unable to get our own fruits and veggies to market, as well.  Americans do not want those jobs - the work is incredibly hard and the pay sucks.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.5.8  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  katrix @1.5.7    5 years ago

According to the officials in El Paso, if the border is closed it will cost El Paso millions in lost revenue. Now, tell me Texas how do ya feel about losing jobs and, money all because Trump is having a temper tantrum.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.5.11  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  XDm9mm @1.5.10    5 years ago
ILLEGAL ALIEN INVADERS already cost Texas BILLIONS.

Hyperbole.

Now peddle your pabulum to people who don't know any better.

Try again.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
1.5.12  katrix  replied to  XDm9mm @1.5.9    5 years ago

I'm talking about legal farm workers.  Apparently if the border is closed, the trucks bringing those legal workers in (along with the trucks hauling my avocados) won't be allowed to enter.

And yes, I know it's essentially slave labor - even though it's legal, they don't get medical or decent housing or anything like that (neither do most low wage jobs, for that matter).  Hell, they don't even have bathrooms convenient to the fields and they often get paid by amount they pick, not by hour.  So they have to relieve themselves in the fields and we get e. coli.  They're willing to do it for those wages because it's better than anything they can get back home.  It all goes back to how much are we willing to pay for, say, a head of lettuce or for avocados?  I buy local produce whenever possible and belong to a local gardener's CSA, but it's not always possible.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
1.5.16  katrix  replied to  XDm9mm @1.5.15    5 years ago

Because of their isolation and lack of English, among other things, their employers often don't provide the things they're supposed to under law. 

And the point is - if the border is closed, how are these H-2A workers going to get into the United States?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.5.17  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  XDm9mm @1.5.13    5 years ago

A GOP source??? Really? At least mine doesn't have a political agenda. TRY AGAIN.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.5.18  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.5.5    5 years ago

It's not deflection.  It's the truth.  Just because you don't like it doesn't change it.  That is something that you are just going to have to deal with.

This is about Trump wanting to build a wall when both Democrats and, Republicans have said it isn't needed

If it's not needed, then why was is voted for and signed into law back in 2006 with a price tag of ~$50 billion?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.5.19  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.5.18    5 years ago
If it's not needed, then why was is voted for and signed into law back in 2006 with a price tag of ~$50 billion?

What is NEEDED is border security, not an ancient wall. Ask the Chinese how well their wall worked or, ask anyone who lived in a castle with a wall, oh yeah, you can't ask the people in the castle because they're all dead. I don't disagree that we need border security but, I do disagree it should be a fucking wall, even Trump admitted that a wall doesn't stop any one,

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.5.20  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.5.19    5 years ago
What is NEEDED is border security

And, yet again, Democrats voted for it with a price tag of ~ $50 billion and are reneging on it.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.5.21  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.5.20    5 years ago
And, yet again, Democrats voted for it with a price tag of ~ $50 billion and are reneging on it.

What do you mean reneging? The last time I was at the border there was a wall there, that's not reneging, the question should be, what good has the existing wall done to stop illegal immigration? Especially considering that the most illegals come here with visas and, then either over stay their visas or, don't follow them, like the current FLOTUS did when she came over on a visa.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.5.22  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.5.21    5 years ago
What do you mean reneging?

Have they paid the full amount?  No they haven't.  

JBB
Professor Principal
2  JBB    5 years ago

Worst President Ever...

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     5 years ago

01CANDIDATESweb1-master675.jpg

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @3    5 years ago

That little girl is looking at him and thinkng "you throw like a boy"

that is not a compliment, boys

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.1.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1    5 years ago
That little girl is looking at him and thinkng "

please don't grab me, PERVERT" !

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
3.1.2  KDMichigan  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1    5 years ago

[deleted]

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.1.3  igknorantzrulz  replied to  KDMichigan @3.1.2    5 years ago

and we all know WHO

feels it's oK to 'grab women by the pussy',

don't we.

luther28
Sophomore Silent
5  luther28    5 years ago

Trump has Been Pitching for Three Innings and, has started to Balk on Almost Every Pitch

The only problem is that the reliever they have warming up in the bull pen is not much better.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
5.1  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  luther28 @5    5 years ago

True, Pence is a POS.

bugsy
Professor Participates
6  bugsy    5 years ago

"I was watching Chris Matthews tonight"

That little snippet screams "I'm gullible to bullshit".

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
6.1  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  bugsy @6    5 years ago

Hahahahahaha, I take Chris with a LARGE grain of salt and, follow up with other things that, IMO, are more trustworthy but, thanks for trying. Matthews editorializes too much to suit me but, there are times when he gets one to thinking, that is why this is an Op-Ed rather than a news story, it is purely my opinion on the last two years, some of it can be backed up with news, all one has to do is, as Joe Scarborough would say, "Use your Google machine" to verify those parts.