Trump suggests that it could get 'very bad' if military, police, biker supporters play 'tough'

Via:  pat-wilson  •  2 months ago  •  303 comments

Trump suggests that it could get 'very bad' if military, police, biker supporters play 'tough'
"I can tell you I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump – I have the tough people, but they don’t play it tough — until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad," Trump said.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

President Trump in a new interview suggested that his supporters are tougher than Democrats, and that if they actually play tough things could get "very bad."

Trump made the comments in the context of an interview with the conservative outlet Breitbart in which he argued that Democrats play a tough political game. 

“You know, the left plays a tougher game, it’s very funny," Trump said in the interview with Breitbart published on Wednesday. "I actually think that the people on the right are tougher, but they don’t play it tougher."

"I can tell you I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump – I have the tough people, but they don’t play it tough — until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad," Trump said.

"But the left plays it cuter and tougher. Like with all the nonsense that they do in Congress . . . with all this invest[igations] — that’s all they want to do is — you know, they do things that are nasty. Republicans never played this.”

In his remarks, Trump traveled down territory he has visited in the past.

During a rally for then-Missouri Senate candidate Josh Hawley (R) in September, Trump said that his opponents "were lucky that we’re peaceful," the Washington Post noted in a post on his more recent comments.

"Law enforcement, military, construction workers, Bikers for Trump... They travel all over the country.... They’ve been great," Trump said at the time. "But these are tough people... But they’re peaceful people, and Antifa and all — they’d better hope they stay that way.

The latest remarks were seized upon in some quarters as another example of Trump seeming to offer threats toward his political opponents.

Trump has faced scrutiny in the past for directly calling on his supporters to use violence. He once said at a 2016 rally in Las Vegas that he'd like to punch a protestor in the face. 

Trump also encouraged his supporters at another event to "knock the crap" out of any protesters causing trouble. 

"I promise you, I will pay for the legal fees," Trump said. 

Trump has repeatedly denounced his political opponents during his time in the White House. He has also continually referred to the media as the "enemy of the people."

The White House Correspondents' Association in February called on Trump to make it "absolutely clear to his supporters that violence against reporters is unacceptable."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
Find text within the comments Find 

pat wilson
1  seeder  pat wilson    2 months ago

WTF is he suggesting ?????????????

Krishna
1.1  Krishna  replied to  pat wilson @1    2 months ago

Its pretty obvious-- he's advocating violence.

(But attempting to say it in a way that he hopes will not make him accountable).

Freedom Warrior
1.1.1  Freedom Warrior  replied to  Krishna @1.1    2 months ago

It's more obvious that he warning against physical violence.

Spread the word that radical left wing violence such as what is occurring here and elsewhere such as in Canada is not acceptable nor is their desire to suppress free speech since violence is often the result when people not allowed to have reasoned debate.

Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו
1.1.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Krishna @1.1    2 months ago
Its pretty obvious-- he's advocating violence.

Violence on his behalf to prevent him from being delivered to justice. That's sedition--a high crime if there ever is one. 

cjcold
1.1.3  cjcold  replied to  Freedom Warrior @1.1.1    2 months ago

[Removed

bugsy
1.1.4  bugsy  replied to  cjcold @1.1.3    2 months ago
Illiterate Russian bots are annoying.

So tell us, mighty anonymous one. How do we know YOU are not a Russian bot?

Freedom Warrior
1.1.5  Freedom Warrior  replied to  cjcold @1.1.3    2 months ago

I was under the impression that personal deogatory attacks were not allowed here.

So I assume you're not really serious.

pat wilson
1.1.6  seeder  pat wilson  replied to  bugsy @1.1.4    2 months ago

cj, bugsy, let's stay on topic.

cjcold
1.1.7  cjcold  replied to  bugsy @1.1.4    2 months ago

[deleted]

devangelical
1.2  devangelical  replied to  pat wilson @1    2 months ago

marshaling the legion of [deleted]

with the traditional us vs them dog whistles. 

cjcold
1.2.1  cjcold  replied to  devangelical @1.2    2 months ago

So is he saying that assassination is a valid option?

cjcold
1.2.2  cjcold  replied to  cjcold @1.2.1    2 months ago

Trump grew up with the NY mafia so that is a valid question.

WallyW
1.2.3  WallyW  replied to  cjcold @1.2.1    2 months ago
So is he saying that assassination is a valid option?

Are you?

Dismayed Patriot
1.2.4  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  cjcold @1.2.2    2 months ago

"I have the tough people, but they don’t play it tough — until they go to a certain point"

The only thing he left out from being a full mobster quote was "If you know what I mean...".

It's the classic mob language where they think they are being clever.

"I would never harm a hair on your head, but you know, accidents happen to rats and I may not be there to protect you all the time, if you know what I mean...".

lib50
1.2.5  lib50  replied to  WallyW @1.2.3    2 months ago

Its about what Trump said what he meant.   The question is directly related to that.   So IS Trump saying assassination is an option?  It he threatening to unleash the armed base?  Have an opinion?

Studiusbagus
1.2.6  Studiusbagus  replied to  cjcold @1.2.2    2 months ago

Not "with" them. He and "Daddy realbucks" had to pay the Mafia.

cjcold
1.2.7  cjcold  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.2.4    2 months ago

Pretty sure I have nothing to do with that body in the trunk of your car.

The Magic Eight Ball
1.3  The Magic Eight Ball  replied to  pat wilson @1    2 months ago

[deleted]

igknorantzrulz
1.3.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  The Magic Eight Ball @1.3    2 months ago
Removed for context

wow

The Magic Eight Ball
1.3.2  The Magic Eight Ball  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.3.1    2 months ago

if you're shocked by that? you have not been paying attention long enough.

I will say it again.

if the left gets violent, they will lose.

if the left does not get violent?  there is nothing to worry about.

write that down, it will be on the test.

cheers :)

igknorantzrulz
1.3.3  igknorantzrulz  replied to  The Magic Eight Ball @1.3.2    2 months ago
if the left does not get violent?  there is nothing to worry about.

You BLOW me

AWAY, with that logic

WallyW
1.3.4  WallyW  replied to  The Magic Eight Ball @1.3.2    2 months ago

From what I've seen over the years, almost all the violence and hate has come from the left. When they can't win at the ballot box they turn toward playing dirty and dishonestly. Anti-fa is one example.

Galen Marvin Ross
1.3.6  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  The Magic Eight Ball @1.3.2    2 months ago

You and, Trump and, his supporters are the only ones suggesting "getting violent", got something you really want to say to all us who are left of the extreme Right?

evilgenius
1.3.7  evilgenius  replied to  WallyW @1.3.4    2 months ago
From what I've seen over the years, almost all the violence and hate has come from the left.

YOU ARE NOT LOOKING ON PURPOSE!!!

Elliot Rodgers wrote a 107,000 word manifestio titled "My Twisted World: The Story of Elliot Rodger" before he killed 7 and injured 14. In it he talks about putting all women in concentration camps to starve while he watched "gleefully" from a tower. Then he goes on to say -

How could an inferior, ugly black boy be able to get a white girl and not me? I am beautiful, and I am half white myself. I am descended from British aristocracy. He is descended from slaves.

"White Sharia" is a term coined by Sacco Vandal from alt+right website Vandal Void. He argues to strip women of political, legal and economic power.

Our men need harems, and the members of those harems need to be baby factories. This is not about muh dicking nor beta revenge uprisings. These are cold, calculated plans to save our dying race. … White Sharia is a blueprint for salvation.

Here's a little something from a guy calling himself Doctor Mayhem who used excepts from Elliot Rodger's manifesto? He titled this little screed "Elliot Rodgers Did Nothing Wrong: Why Yellow Fever is Okay."

Basically, all you need to know is that seeing blonde girls with niggers made Elliot RRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEE like a billion pissed off Pepes. We all know the end result. DEAD SLUTS! So White men of all kinds! No need to fear creating hapas! In fact, you are a much superior man for the creation of them! LET ALL NEGLECTED HAPA BOYS KILL SLUTS IN THE NAME OF WHITE SHARIA!

This batshit insane little alt+righter actually calls Rodgers the Patron Saint of White Sharia. 

More?

• William Edward Atchison was a prolific white supremacist and pro-Trump fan. He killed 2 before killing himself at the Aztec High School in New Mexico. He spent most of his free time posting violent threats online before his murder/suicide.
  • Dylan Storm Roof owned a website called The Last Rhodesian where he posted symbols of white supremacy and neo-nazism. He went on to kill 9 and injure 1 in the Cmanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston. He hoped to spark a race war.
  • Christopher Sean Harper-Mercer was kicked out of boot camp after 5 weeks. Later he would compare himself to Elliot Rodgers before he killed 9 injured 9 at Umpaqu Community College.
  • Alexandre Bissonnette a self proclaimed Trump fan killed 6 injured 19 at an Islamic Cultural Center in Quebec City
  • James Harris Jackson was the first person to white supremacist prosecuted on terrorism charges in NY for killing a random black guy for "practice". He hoped to start a race war.
  • Sean Urbanski a member of the Alt Reich: Nation Facebook group killed a black Army 2nd Lt visiting friends near the campus of Bowie State University.
  • Jeremy Joseph Christianhad a Facebook page filled with racist and bizarre political content, including screeds about circumcision and Hillary Clinton killed 2 injured 1 on a train that were defending two young women as he yelled anti-Musilim and racist remarks.
  • Lane Maurice Davis killed killed his father because he believed liberals around the world were participating in secret pedophilia rings. He was a Mike Cenovich fan and worked as a researcher for Milo Yiannopoulos. 
  • James Alex Fields killed 1 injured 19 counter protesters with his car at the Charleston Unite the Right rally. From jail he called the mother of his victim a communist and anti-white supremacist.
  • Nicholas Giampa killed his girlfriend's parents. He liked Charles Manson and tweeted about using Jews as target practice. His website was filled with racisit, apocalyptic fantasia and white nationalism. He shot himself in the head, but didn't die.
  • Mathew Riehl killed a Douglas County sheriff and injured 4 deputies along with 2 others. He posted on YouTube he was running for local sheriff under a Libertarian ticket. He was stockpiling guns and ammo.
  • Samuel Woodward stabbed to death a Penn State student for being gay. He posted as a "gay curious" man to attract men as a prank. Found on his phone were anti-gay writings and pictures with Nazi references. One of the writings he sent himself talked about sending photos to gay men on Grinder of other gay men being killed.

17 dead and 42 injured between 2014 and 2018. 60% of these incidences occurred in 2017 alone. Good luck coming up with a list on the left that comes anywhere close.

r.t..b...
1.3.8  r.t..b...  replied to  The Magic Eight Ball @1.3    2 months ago
it is not a threat. it can only be taken as a warning, a fact, and a promise.

Shrouded in patriotism and hugging the flag while inciting violence against your neighbors, co-workers, and perhaps even family members. And doing so proudly... a dark day in America.

Tessylo
1.3.9  Tessylo  replied to  The Magic Eight Ball @1.3    2 months ago

'if it ever comes to violence or civil war, the left will lose... simple.

it is not a threat. it can only be taken as a warning, a fact, and a promise.

but don't worry too much about it. 

antifa had its balls cut off by trumps DOJ - so the lefts militant chicken wing is no longer a threat'

How deplorable of you. 

They never were a threat.  Now Rump and his supporters, they're the threat.

Your president is a no balled chicken shit bully pussy ass coward who incites others to threaten, harm, and kill.  

Trout Giggles
1.3.10  Trout Giggles  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.3.6    2 months ago

They forget that some of us own guns and learned how to use them in the military

Yeah...how about that? A liberal who is also a veteran. I know that blows the mind of some

Trout Giggles
1.3.11  Trout Giggles  replied to  evilgenius @1.3.7    2 months ago

And now we have Christchurch, New Zealand

pat wilson
1.3.12  seeder  pat wilson  replied to  evilgenius @1.3.7    2 months ago

Great work !

igknorantzrulz
1.3.13  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.3.10    2 months ago
They forget that some of us own guns and learned how to use them in the military

well , i can't say i was in the military,

but , i have GUNS. Laying round my house, my room, and attached to my shoulders.

What a pussy, Trump as well

grabbed him by!

To attempt to pit American against American, is as LOW as one can go, imoh so Mutha Fckn humble Opinion.

I'd crack that eight ball open on the break, so he could scratch on the rest of my balls, bouncin off his chin ups, doubt he could do one,

but , he sure types some tough shit.

Isn't this,

wwhere US yellow snow flakes are supposed to melt or something...?

cause i've not even begun to work up a bead

of sweat

yet

CM
1.3.14  CM  replied to  Tessylo @1.3.9    2 months ago

Your president is a no balled chicken shit bully pussy ass coward who incites others to threaten, harm, and kill.  

And they all go to prison except him, shows how stupid his followers are..

Galen Marvin Ross
1.3.15  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.3.10    2 months ago

They also forget that some of us grew up with guns in the house and, learned to use them at an early age and, learned how to hunt and, track and, trap prey. I may be old but, I can still live off the land and, I'm really good at finding ways to hide where my blinds are.

Galen Marvin Ross
1.3.16  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.3.13    2 months ago

Of course we have to remember we are talking about Captain Bonespurs, the courageous one who did everything he could to get out of Vietnam. He is a real,

384Then of course what I see when I look at him is this little fella,

igknorantzrulz
1.3.17  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.3.16    2 months ago

What

some little COCK ?

Not fair to Chickens i tell you.

Galen Marvin Ross
1.3.18  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.3.17    2 months ago

I know but, it's the only creature that comes close to what he was and, is today. He's got to have someone do his fighting for him and, now he has 30 to 40 percent of Americans, depending on were the polls are on what day to fight for him, to beat up the folks who have the NERVE to disagree with him. How dare they!!!

evilgenius
1.3.19  evilgenius  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.3.11    2 months ago
And now we have Christchurch, New Zealand

Yup. I haven't read up on that one yet, but I'm sure it will be discussed at length. 

bbl-1
1.3.21  bbl-1  replied to  evilgenius @1.3.19    2 months ago

We have one in Ohio.  Web page and all. 

igknorantzrulz
1.3.23  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.3.22    2 months ago

sick ship for sure

MUVA
1.3.24  MUVA  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.3.10    2 months ago

What is point of your post is it to make some of afraid or is it to inform us you were in the service?Either way thanks for your service.

Trout Giggles
1.3.25  Trout Giggles  replied to  MUVA @1.3.24    2 months ago

That I'm not afraid of trmp's "tough guys".

You guys ain't as scary as you think you are and there are people who have different beliefs than you that are just as tough

Did my post make you think about something for a change?

sandy-2021492
1.3.26  sandy-2021492  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.3.25    2 months ago

Apparently, it's ok for people on one side of the political divide to make outright or implied threats.  You expressing your refusal to be cowed by those threats, though, is you attempting to "make some of afraid".

Ender
1.3.27  Ender  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.3.26    2 months ago

Gotta love the twisted logic of some.

The mentality that it is alright for some to do something yet god forbid others follow suit.

MUVA
1.3.28  MUVA  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.3.25    2 months ago

Ok I think you should protect yourself if you feel threatened again thank for your service.

MUVA
1.3.29  MUVA  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.3.26    2 months ago

No I was asking question and received a answer you decided to assign words to my post I didn't post.

MUVA
1.3.30  MUVA  replied to  Ender @1.3.27    2 months ago

I don't think anyone should be threatening people no matter what side of the political spectrum you are on.

Ender
1.3.31  Ender  replied to  MUVA @1.3.30    2 months ago

On that I can agree.

Which is why it should be condemned when trump implies it.

Freedom Warrior
1.3.32  Freedom Warrior  replied to  WallyW @1.3.4    2 months ago

BTW, right now in Vancouver Canada you can find left wing fascists stalking free speech advocates with threats of violence and and brutal intimidation tactics.   We have seen it plenty of times here as well.  

Any objective observer knows this is not occuring on the right.

r.t..b...
1.3.33  r.t..b...  replied to  Freedom Warrior @1.3.32    2 months ago

Cue any trump rally, trump tweet, or trump presser for the audio/visual evidence to refute your assertion. Objective has been bastardized to alternative, just like the truth. 

Freedom Warrior
1.3.34  Freedom Warrior  replied to  r.t..b... @1.3.33    2 months ago

You mean like those phony depictions of Covington Catholic.   You really didn't need to go out of your way to let me know you are not an objective observer.

lib50
1.3.35  lib50  replied to  Freedom Warrior @1.3.32    2 months ago

You may want to sit down.  This is the USA in 2018.

https://www.adl.org/news/press-releases/right-wing-extremism-linked-to-every-2018-extremist-murder-in-the-us-adl-finds?fbclid=IwAR1mZ-AGIn7wBRCeAIxqXwcf9I4roZNU9XlJ2uCQlVp_rzZ6V82osvwt61U

Last year saw the highest percentage of right-wing extremist-related killings since 2012, the last year when all documented killings were by right-wing extremists. Right-wing extremists killed more people in 2018 than in any year since 1995, the year of Timothy McVeigh’s bomb attack on the Oklahoma City federal building.

Freedom Warrior
1.3.36  Freedom Warrior  replied to  lib50 @1.3.35    2 months ago

That would be factually incorrect.

sandy-2021492
1.3.37  sandy-2021492  replied to  Freedom Warrior @1.3.36    2 months ago

I assume you can substantiate that statement.

Actually, I assume you can't, and won't.

Freedom Warrior
1.3.38  Freedom Warrior  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.3.37    2 months ago

Well you could.  Start with this.  How many deaths occured last year as a result of left wing extremism?

And beyond that, how many deaths have occured throughout history as a result of extreme left wing ideologies?

sandy-2021492
1.3.39  sandy-2021492  replied to  Freedom Warrior @1.3.38    2 months ago

Your assertion.  You back it up.

If you can.

Freedom Warrior
1.3.40  Freedom Warrior  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.3.39    2 months ago

How many hours are you willing to devote to the research?

sandy-2021492
1.3.41  sandy-2021492  replied to  Freedom Warrior @1.3.40    2 months ago

To back up your assertion?

None.

That's your job.

ArkansasHermit-too
1.3.42  ArkansasHermit-too  replied to  Freedom Warrior @1.3.34    2 months ago
You mean like those phony depictions of Covington Catholic. You really didn't need to go out of your way to let me know you are not an objective observer.

Oh for Forks sake! 

Have you never even listened to Trump speak or seen any of his rally's?

19510578_334932460273028_443798078071931

Claim

A viral cartoon accurately reproduced statements made by Donald Trump on the presidential campaign trail.

original

giphy.gif

tumblr_o4ckz93TOe1r83d7lo3_250.gif

tumblr_o4ckz93TOe1r83d7lo4_400.gif

200w.webp?cid=3640f6095c8d2e064f47306636

200w.webp?cid=3640f6095c8d2e0f584a4b4b4d

1.3.43  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  The Magic Eight Ball @1.3.2    2 months ago
 if the left does not get violent?  there is nothing to worry about. write that down, it will be on the test.

If you (and Scumbag) think your thinly veiled, b-movie, tough-guy, gangster threat act is going to scare people off from bringing him to justice you really are living  in a delusional world. 

1.3.44  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  WallyW @1.3.4    2 months ago
From what I've seen over the years, almost all the violence and hate has come from the left.

Thanks, Wally, for reminding us how blind you make yourself to the real world. 

Freedom Warrior
1.3.45  Freedom Warrior  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.3.41    2 months ago

At least you admit your are not interested in the research.

Freedom Warrior
1.3.46  Freedom Warrior  replied to  ArkansasHermit-too @1.3.42    2 months ago

And then you have the government sanctioned left wing riot in San Jose.  The list goes on and on.

I don't blame people for standing up to left wing bullying and violence.  However, I'd prefer they find alternative means to do so.  Unfortunately there are forces on the left that are working to prevent that from occurring.

sandy-2021492
1.3.47  sandy-2021492  replied to  Freedom Warrior @1.3.45    2 months ago

You spend more time posting useless comments than backing up your assertions.

I wonder why that is?  And if you really think anybody's buying into such a silly tactic?

Freedom Warrior
1.3.48  Freedom Warrior  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.3.47    2 months ago

I haven't posted anything that isn't widely understood by knowledgable and well reasoned individuals.

sandy-2021492
1.3.49  sandy-2021492  replied to  Freedom Warrior @1.3.48    2 months ago

Knowledgable and well reasoned individuals arrive at conclusions on the basis of data, not unsupported assertions.  You provide only the latter.

1.3.50  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.3.1    2 months ago
wow

I think it just means that your comment wouldn't make sense since * ball's comment is gone. 

1.3.51  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Freedom Warrior @1.3.32    2 months ago

That you consider yourself one of those requires one of these jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif...... make it a double jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

1.3.52  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Freedom Warrior @1.3.45    2 months ago
research.

Again, jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif.  I do thank you for the great comic relief you're providing.  

1.3.53  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.3.49    2 months ago
Knowledgable and well reasoned individuals arrive at conclusions on the basis of data, not unsupported assertions.

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Keep 'em coming.  Yer high-larry-ous

Freedom Warrior
1.3.54  Freedom Warrior  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.3.49    2 months ago

You have not provided any basis for your assertion that my comments are unsupported by data.  The reality is there are 100 million or more dead as a result of left wing ideologies.  Even left wing revisionist history has not been able to erase that fact despite the routine practice to ignore it as you are now.

Freedom Warrior
1.3.55  Freedom Warrior  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @1.3.52    2 months ago

You're not putting up much of an argument.

sandy-2021492
1.3.56  sandy-2021492  replied to  Freedom Warrior @1.3.54    2 months ago

So, no support for your assertion?

Color me surprised.

Freedom Warrior
1.3.57  Freedom Warrior  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.3.56    2 months ago

You expressly told me you had no interest in doing the research which would require hours of your time.  Besides that I don't have an encyclopedia of my lifetime of personal experience.

sandy-2021492
1.3.58  sandy-2021492  replied to  Freedom Warrior @1.3.57    2 months ago

I have no interest in doing your job in this discussion.

Neither do you, as you've repeatedly proven.  Either no interest, or no ability.

But then, it's your job, not mine.

Freedom Warrior
1.3.59  Freedom Warrior  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.3.58    2 months ago

That's where you are wrong.  I have done the research and spent many hours doing so. And not just me that understands these concepts.  Nevertheless, it's the responsibility of everyone to do their own research to arrive at a reasoned conclusion.  You appear to just want to argue because you are unwilling to face the real world consequences of left wing authoritarianism.

Freedom Warrior
1.3.60  Freedom Warrior  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.3.58    2 months ago

You can start with this primer.  You'll need to spend days beyond that to grasp the full significance.

XDm9mm
1.3.61  XDm9mm  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.3.58    2 months ago

"1.3.54  Freedom Warrior The reality is there are 100 million or more dead as a result of left wing ideologies." 

I have no interest in doing your job in this discussion.

Oki dokie,  I've done a really hard 5 second search for you.  Is something from Harvard Press sufficient?

Reflections on a Ravaged Century
by Robert Conquest
W.W. Norton / 336 pages / $26.95

The Black Book of Communism: Crimes, Terror, Repression
by Stephane Courtois, Nicolas Werth, Jean-Louise Panne, Adrzej Paczkowski, Karel Bartooek, and Jean-Louis Margolin.
Translated by Jonathan Murphy and Mark Kramer
Harvard University Press / 858 pages / $37.50

The American Spectator Online Bookshelf
15 February 2000
Reviewed by Josh London

The End of Communism
by Josh London"One death," Joseph Stalin was said to have remarked, "is a tragedy, one million is a statistic." What about, one must wonder, 80 or 100 million deaths? In reading the "Black Book of Communism," a groundbreaking effort by a group of French scholars to document the human costs of communism in the 20th century, one is immediately confronted with such discomfited figures. Stephane Courtois, in his introduction, crunches the numbers:

U.S.S.R.: 20 million deaths; China: 65 million deaths; Vietnam: 1 million deaths; North Korea: 2 million deaths; Cambodia: 2 million deaths: Eastern Europe: 1 million deaths; Latin America: 150,000 deaths; Africa: 1.7 million deaths; Afghanistan: 1.5 million deaths; The international Communist movement and Communist parties not in power: about 10,000 deaths… The total approaches 100 million people killed.

The book is, essentially, a lengthy report somewhere between formal history and a human accounting ledger. The sheer scope and horror of this monstrous body count, is not only mind-numbingly difficult to comprehend, but mind-bogglingly difficult to emotionally and morally cope with or express. Like the deaf-mute child of Ambrose Bierce's Civil War short story, "Chickamauga," the human psyche is ill-prepared to deal with such evil. In Bierce's story, the child, excited by a fire that turns out to be flames from his own house, stumbles upon the grotesquely shelled corpse of his own mother. The story ends with the deaf-mute child's strangled cry -- "something," Beirce almost gleefully reports, "between the chattering of an ape and the gobbling of a turkey."

Which helps elucidate the problem that The Black Book of Communism sets out to address: the inability and -- for a great many -- the outright refusal to recognize the unmitigated evil that communism was and is. When it was first published in France in 1997, The Black Book of Communism touched off a storm of controversy that continues to rage today. This was due, in part, to internecine political and ideological squabbles in France, and in part to an editorial outlook which asserts that Communism, in all its historical forms, is morally equivalent to Nazism. What many found particularly irksome was the clear asseveration that Communism's freely expressed penchant for homicide was and is an integral trait. Communism's philosophy and practical politics, which promised to erase class distinctions, necessarily entailed erasing classes and the living humans that populated them.

The clearest picture to emerge from these pages is that the history of Communism is, at its simplest, little more than the history of an all-out assault on society by a series of conspiratorial cliques. These groups have, invariably, been led by excruciatingly cruel dictators who were revoltingly drunk on their own foolish ideology and power. The book is more an academic reference work than a popular history to be read by laymen, but it is no less valuable for it. Encyclopedic in scope, the scholarship is mostly good, though some contributions stand out as significantly better than others. Indeed, Nicolas Werth's study of Russia, (which is, itself, the length of a short book) and Jean-Louis Margolin's survey of Mao's blood-drenched China are particularly worthwhile. There are also, as one might expect, some contributions that are less significantly worthwhile: Courtois's and Panne's contributions on the Comintern and the Spanish civil war, and Remi Kauffer's essay on "Communism and Terrorism" are a tad arbitrary, weak and, at times, polemical. And since a great deal of scholarly work has yet to be done, the sections on "Communism in Latin America," "Afrocommunism," "Communism in Afghanistan," and the essay on North Korea are all largely exploratory and more than occasionally perfunctory. All things considered, however, The Black Book of Communism is a compelling and impressive attempt to take account of the crimes and actions of global Communism.

But what accounts for these crimes? How is one to understand the 20th century? This past century was, as the book ably demonstrates, clearly the bloodiest in recorded history. More people have died for notions of a socialist utopia than for any other explicit political ideology. Is the world, one wonders, now safe for democracy, liberty, and capitalism?In Reflections on a Ravaged Century, historian Robert Conquest tries to answer such questions and concerns. The book is a fine collection of erudite essays on Marxism, nationalism, imperialism, the Russian revolution, and the state of education in the West. Throughout one finds literary and historical references joined with sharp comment on international affairs past and present. His style, which is a bit dry and meticulous, but sustained throughout by an unmistakable and unerring wit, is the ideal counterpart to his scholarly work:

Once when I referred to the 1939 Soviet census as a "fake," one expert replied that no census was perfect, but that I was not thereby entitled to pick and choose which census I accepted. My objections to the 1939 census were: that the census taken in 1937 had been suppressed and the Census Board shot for "diminishing the population of the Soviet Union" so that the new Census Board had some incentive to exaggerate the numbers; that these new figures were announced in 1939 before the new Census Board had delivered its figures, and so on.

It is the laconic "and so on" that is so perfect; it signals some reserves of research and learning that ought to dissuade revisionists from further pestering Conquest. Ignoring this, more than one doltish academic has challenged him with laudatory euphemisms about the Russian "experiment"; their outlines can, thankfully, be found in these pages like those of random insects on a windshield.

Reflections on a Ravaged Century is, at its core, a mediation on why, and how, intellectuals and academics deceive themselves about the uses of power and ideology. The book is divided into two parts: "Mindslaughter" and "Facing the Consequences." In part one, there are nine engaging essays on aspects of totalitarianism and the Western response. Not surprisingly, Conquest focuses much more of his efforts on Communism than on Nazism. In the first instance, he is an acknowledged expert on Soviet Communism and, in the second, comparatively few Western intellectuals became enraptured believers in Nazism. It is worth noting that, on the issue of moral equivalence, Conquest differs with Courtious: The Holocaust is somehow worse than the Gulag, because he feels it to be so, and would not quite trust the opposite perception. Unscientific, yes, but Conquest surely scores points for expressing such intuitive honesty.

There are also, in this first part of the book, two essays of particular value on the origins and development of the Cold War. Conquest reminds those of poor or selective memory that, not so long ago, the accepted line on the Cold War, in academic circles, was that American Imperialism had caused an understandable defensive reaction in Moscow. That, indeed, America had caused the Cold War and that Uncle Joe Stalin wasn't such a bad guy. This is, of course, pure tripe. The Cold War was, straightforwardly, induced by strong signals of Soviet belligerence and, more significantly, the fact that the Soviet Union initiated a vast armaments program. In the 1950s, the West responded in kind; in the 1970s, however, the United Sates had a bout of "self-doubt" which initially meant that the Soviets gained military superiority.

Conquest also reminds us of those that, in the 1970s, made much of Western "self doubt" -- which initially meant that the Soviets gained military superiority over the U.S. The "self doubt" was, of course, fostered by the activities of several commentators on Soviet affairs, who made reputations (and still, of course, hold down tenured appointments) by recycling Soviet lies. Conquest rather mercifully dispenses with some of this rabble. The essential "beef" that these baloney-mongers peddled was that Soviet totalitarianism could be explained quite rationally, that the number of its victims had been greatly exaggerated, and that "totalitarianism" was not in any event the right description of what was really a "pluralist" society in disguise. Indeed, such nonsense and idiocy was de rigueur among many Western commentators and Sovietologists in the 70s and 80s.

The second part of Reflections on a Ravaged Century examines all this in the light of the present. Conquest humbly remarks that the Communist inheritance in Russia was such that he never imagined that there could be a successful "transition to democracy and all that"; as ever, he is cruelly funny about the "vast kleptocracy" that had developed in the Soviet Union in the 1970s and 1980s. But he is far more worried about the persisting habits of mind (circa the 1970s) in the West: There is a "varied caste of bureaucracy, large-scale capitalism and government, all tending to a new corporatism."

Nobel Laureate F.A. Hayek pointed out over fifty years ago that "Socialism has never and nowhere been at first a working-class movement. It is by no means an obvious remedy for an obvious evil which the interests of that class will necessarily demand. It is a construction of theorists, deriving from certain tendencies of abstract thought with which for a long time only the intellectuals were familiar; and it required long efforts by the intellectuals before the working classes could be persuaded to adopt it as their programme." Though unquoted by Conquest, Hayek's insight is exactly what worries him most about the 20th century and the prospects of life in the 21st century. Conquest's work in this section constitutes an inquiry into the intellectual's temperament and, in particular, the intellectual ingenuity required to go on believing when all is lost.

There follows an excellent and absorbing chapter on what is happening in education: A great many just swipes are taken at the academic intelligentsia who subvert it. Conquest reviews the rise of pseudo-science, and the application of quantitative methods and measurements in social science. Conquest also laments the influence of half-baked, trashy European ideas in Western, specifically American, academic thought: "At a recent seminar on the much resented influx of certain American movies in France, my old friend Alain Besancon remarked that a hundred soft-porn products of Hollywood did less harm in his country than a single French philosopher had done in the United States."

Conquest also recalls his own personal experience of "how a set of irrelevant facts may be put together to support an absurd theory." Conquest, who has a significant career as a poet, translator, novelist, and literary critic -- besides being one of the foremost historians of the Soviet Union, once wrote, as a lark, a spoof article for the Critical Quarterly journal. The article, "Christian Symbolism in Lucky Jim," included such spurious references as "The Phallus Theme in Early Amis" and much more, very obvious, parody. "However, the journal had to print a note in its next issue disavowing serious intent because it had received numbers of letters from English teachers, students and so on taking it at face value (it still turned up years later in German journals)."

He also laments the academic unwillingness to be seen to criticize colleagues or step outside of the many and varied leftist solidarities rampant throughout academia. Attending a meeting of the American Modern Language Association, Conquest notes how he had "a strong feeling that they knew only too well that they were caught up in something worthless…scuttling about like beetles in some Sartrean hell." History is subverted in the same way, and films distort it even more: "Even worse [than Braveheart, a 'haggis western'] is the Ted Turner series on the Cold War, much of it ludicrously tilted against the West, and now seeking acceptance as a teaching tool in the American educational system."

As Conquest's essays demonstrate, we, the victors of the Cold War, have thrown away a great part of what should have been a victory for Western values. The Cold War has been won, but the ideas that produced Communism still go marching on in their well-organized, corrupting way, even though the people advocating them are a minority.

The Historian Edward Gibbon once wrote that "There exists in human nature a strong propensity to depreciate the advantages, and to magnify the evils, of the present times." Yet, standing from his vantage point at the end of the 20th century, surveying the history of the last 100 years, Conquest is probably right to end his book, as he soberly does, with a warning. Although we are now living through an exceptionally optimistic historical moment, he reminds us that the "past is full of eras of progress that ended in darkness." We should not fool ourselves: "The power of fanaticism and of misunderstanding is by no means extinct."

SOURCE:  https://sites.fas.harvard.edu/~hpcws/asreview.htm

sandy-2021492
1.3.62  sandy-2021492  replied to  XDm9mm @1.3.61    2 months ago

So, we have a video and a book review from an obviously biased source.

Ok.

1.3.63  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Freedom Warrior @1.3.54    2 months ago
You have not provided any basis for your assertion that my comments are unsupported by data.

Because this:

I haven't posted anything that isn't widely understood by knowledgable[sic] and well reasoned individuals.

is apparently what you absurdly think passes as "data."  In fact, it is the opposite of data.  It's your opinion, unsupported by any fact,  trying to dress itself up as knowledge.  

XDm9mm
1.3.64  XDm9mm  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.3.62    2 months ago
So, we have a video and a book review from an obviously biased source.

History is biased?   These are as historically accurate as possible:

U.S.S.R.: 20 million deaths; China: 65 million deaths; Vietnam: 1 million deaths; North Korea: 2 million deaths; Cambodia: 2 million deaths: Eastern Europe: 1 million deaths; Latin America: 150,000 deaths; Africa: 1.7 million deaths; Afghanistan: 1.5 million deaths; The international Communist movement and Communist parties not in power: about 10,000 deaths… The total approaches 100 million people killed.

Freedom Warrior
1.3.65  Freedom Warrior  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @1.3.63    2 months ago

NO!  What you are expressing is opinion.  I have spent countless hours reviwing data in support of my comments.  You are welcome to  do the same and arrive at the same coclinusion countless others have that left wing ideologies have killed more innocent people than any right wing movement ever has.

Freedom Warrior
1.3.66  Freedom Warrior  replied to  XDm9mm @1.3.64    2 months ago

We all know they really don't give a fuck about the data.  It's a ruse which is why I assume many on the internet have concluded that the truth is kryptonite to left wing ideology.  And probably explains why the left wing media invests so much effort in attempting to supress/ignore it.

XXJefferson#51
1.3.67  XXJefferson#51  replied to  Freedom Warrior @1.3.66    2 months ago

It’s just great that we are all talking about a Breitbart article being an interview with the President of the United States.  You see elected conservatives aren’t going to give a crap about who says what about that site and others and are going to give them interviews that make news so that the source will be in the news or the whole topic will have to be blacklisted.  We have work arounds to to get publicity and attention to whoever is wrongly listed via 3rd party sources be they government officials, courts, other conservative media. Way to go both Mr. President and Breitbart!  

cjcold
1.3.68  cjcold  replied to  WallyW @1.3.4    2 months ago

So the KKK and all of the far right wing nationalist nut jobs who commit violence should be ignored?

lib50
1.3.69  lib50  replied to  Freedom Warrior @1.3.36    2 months ago

My source is the ADL, may want to take it up with them.  What was your source again?  (The ADL monitors hate crimes, fyi)

Trout Giggles
1.3.70  Trout Giggles  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.3.62    2 months ago

I see some people failed Debate 101 in high school. Not you, of course.

igknorantzrulz
1.3.71  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.3.70    2 months ago

why did you have to go expose my Trump kept secret, Damnet all !

1.3.72  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Freedom Warrior @1.3.65    2 months ago
I have spent countless hours reviwing data in support of my comments.

And the fact that we never see that "data" tells us just how bullshittty it is.  

Freedom Warrior
1.3.73  Freedom Warrior  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @1.3.72    2 months ago

You are more welcome to it. How many hours are you willing to devote to it.  I could start with about 30 hours of material and work up to a 100 hours.

1.3.74  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Freedom Warrior @1.3.73    2 months ago
You are more welcome to it. How many hours are you willing to devote to it.  I could start with about 30 hours of material and work up to a 100 hours.

Is that supposed to be some defense of bullshit? 

XXJefferson#51
1.3.75  XXJefferson#51  replied to  Freedom Warrior @1.3.55    2 months ago

There is no argument vs the fact of how many have died at the hands of the pagan and or secular progressive ruler and the regimes they ran. 

JBB
1.4  JBB  replied to  pat wilson @1    2 months ago

What I don't get is those fluffing it off as if it weren't an unprecedented threat...

When did any President ever threaten Americans with incitements to violence?

When did it become okay for our President to bully or threaten his opponents? 

igknorantzrulz
1.4.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  JBB @1.4    2 months ago

[Removed

Galen Marvin Ross
1.4.2  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.4.1    2 months ago

Do you remember the movie "The Spirit"? These henchmen from the movie remind me of Trump supporters at times,

384In one scene the head bad guy tells Ethos to commit suicide so, he starts committing ritual suicide and, as the scene carries on, he's asking if he's doing it right with a smile on his face and, comments that he wants to make sure he's doing it right because the way he's doing it hurts.

igknorantzrulz
1.4.3  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.4.2    2 months ago

not familiar with the movie, but point taken.

These guys look like people i do hang around with, and think like those of that in your movie.

I do, on occasion, have an interesting life, but if i wrote a damn book, it would only be accepted in the fiction section. oh well

i'll just keep living the dream, 

that Trump was never elected by the peanut gallery

bbl-1
1.4.4  bbl-1  replied to  JBB @1.4    2 months ago

It became okay when "Lock Her Up" and "The Birther Thing" and "I've Got The Biggest Brain" left the reality show and entered the unreality sphere. 

Through all of this, Putin is laughing his arse off.  Many Americans are not only dumb, they are stupid too, Putin has proved it.

JBB
1.4.5  JBB  replied to  bbl-1 @1.4.4    2 months ago

Khrushchev is laughing in his grave. Things turned out as he predicted except it is the far right gop of today destroying America from within...

Freedom Warrior
1.4.6  Freedom Warrior  replied to  JBB @1.4    2 months ago
When did it become okay for our President to bully or threaten his opponents? 

I believe you are well aware that such behavior is only okay when the left wing and their media hounds engage in it.  

1.4.7  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Freedom Warrior @1.4.6    2 months ago
I believe you are well aware that such behavior is only okay when the left wing and their media hounds engage in it.

Oh, cry us a river whydoncha. 

It Is ME
1.4.8  It Is ME  replied to  JBB @1.4    2 months ago
When did any President ever threaten Americans with incitements to violence?

Obama !

"Beer Summit" and the start and cheering on of the "#METOO" movement !

FRY...…"THEM" !

1.4.9  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  It Is ME @1.4.8    2 months ago
"Beer Summit" and the start and cheering on of the "#METOO" movement !

And you call liberals "snowflakes?"  'Twas always thus. 

XXJefferson#51
1.4.10  XXJefferson#51  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.4.3    2 months ago

Keep the dream alive for almost another 6 more years...

XXJefferson#51
1.4.11  XXJefferson#51  replied to  Freedom Warrior @1.4.6    2 months ago

Which they do all the time! 

XXJefferson#51
1.4.12  XXJefferson#51  replied to  JBB @1.4    2 months ago

Obama did it multiple times. 

XXJefferson#51
1.5  XXJefferson#51  replied to  pat wilson @1    2 months ago

....Trump’s comments came in a wider part of the conversation about how the left is more “vicious” than the right—and that the left in American politics plays “cuter and tougher.”

“So here’s the thing—it’s so terrible what’s happening,” Trump said when asked by Breitbart News Deputy Political Editor Amanda House about his anticipated executive order on campus free speech. “You know, the left plays a tougher game, it’s very funny. I actually think that the people on the right are tougher, but they don’t play it tougher. Okay? I can tell you I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump – I have the tough people, but they don’t play it tough — until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad. But the left plays it cuter and tougher. Like with all the nonsense that they do in Congress … with all this invest[igations]—that’s all they want to do is –you know, they do things that are nasty. Republicans never played this.”....https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/03/13/exclusive-president-donald-trump-paul-ryan-blocked-subpoenas-of-democrats/

Kavika
2  Kavika     2 months ago

Most cowards brag about their so called tough friends. Trump seems to be no exception.

Kavika
2.1  Kavika   replied to  Kavika @2    2 months ago

No matter how tough you think you are there is always someone that bigger meaner and badder. 

igknorantzrulz
2.1.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Kavika @2.1    2 months ago

love that scene

MUVA
2.1.2  MUVA  replied to  Kavika @2.1    2 months ago

That is a movie not real life.

Dismayed Patriot
2.1.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  MUVA @2.1.2    2 months ago
That is a movie not real life.

"De Niro, who first viewed the play in Los Angeles in 1990, acquired the rights from Palminteri, intent on making the play his directorial debut. The duo then worked heavily together on the screenplay, with Palminteri aiming to retain many of the aspects of the original script, as it was based largely on his own childhood." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Bronx_Tale

MUVA
2.1.4  MUVA  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.1.3    2 months ago

It's not real it's make believe.

Split Personality
2.1.5  Split Personality  replied to  MUVA @2.1.4    2 months ago

bbl-1
2.1.6  bbl-1  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.5    2 months ago

Yowzers!

Trout Giggles
2.1.7  Trout Giggles  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.5    2 months ago

What even started all this?

Ender
2.1.8  Ender  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.5    2 months ago

That was great. My mother had a biker do that to her the other day. He drove up close to her and gave her the finger. Scared her to death. Punk ass bitch making himself feel good by threatening an elderly woman.

This punk can't handle the heat he started. Typical.

igknorantzrulz
2.1.9  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.7    2 months ago
What even started all this?

i'd have to go with Trump,

but in reality, the idiot on the bike was in a left turn only lane, then cut off the older dude, and gets pissed, when HE was in the wrong.

At least that's what i saw, and i did ride a bike for years, now just quads, too many idiots on the road

MUVA
2.1.10  MUVA  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.5    2 months ago

That's more like it that is why you don't start something unless you know you can finish it.

Trout Giggles
2.1.11  Trout Giggles  replied to  igknorantzrulz @2.1.9    2 months ago

Yeah...I see shit like this all the time People in the wrong won't admit they were wrong. Just last night idiots were blocking the intersection I needed to go thru and when I honked my horn at them they all get pissed at me and start screaming at me. So what do I do? I scream back.

Citizen Kane-473667
2.1.12  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.5    2 months ago

I don't think that would be considered a "biker" by anyone except a millennial or someone who doesn't ride. Millennial's think if you jump on a crotch rocket you automatically become a "biker".  Sorry, real "bikers" like T-Rump is talking about aren't going to be wearing Go-Pro's. This guy is a "weekend warrior".

. They actually have a code of honor which varies from gang to gang, but generally, as long as it's a fair fight, it stays one-on-one. Fight dirty or have someone else jump in, it then becomes a pile-on where you are taking on all of them at once. Speaking from experience here. That being said, I've had my share of experience with "real" bikers. As a general rule, they are pretty nice people...until you piss them off--just like every one else. I don't think that T-Rump realizes that all of this Anti-Fa crap is mostly a bunch of young people using Politics as an excuse to misbehave anonymously. Both the Left and the Right have plenty of people who are not being violent; not because they aren't capable of extreme and deadly violence, but because they know full well what they are capable of, and they know the consequences of their actions aren't worth the momentary satisfaction of beating the shit out of some stupid loudmouth spouting the bullshit their side is spreading around.

On the other hand, if all of these calls to violence-coming from BOTH sides of the aisle-were to be embraced to the point of an actual second Civil War, it would be a bloodbath that would make the first Civil War actually look civil by comparison. The bad part about it? Just like in the first one, the ones that actually are starting all this shit will continue to rule from afar as their pawns lie bleeding and dead on the battlefields. If any of you think that killing or maiming your neighbors is the answer, you are sadly mistaken. To kill a Snake, you must cut off the head...

MUVA
2.1.13  MUVA  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @2.1.12    2 months ago

Real bikers fix there own bike and don't take it in for service.

Freedom Warrior
2.1.14  Freedom Warrior  replied to  Kavika @2.1    2 months ago

So it appears you are suggesting that Trump should join a NY crime family.

I thought the Trumps were a NY crime family.

2.1.15  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  MUVA @2.1.4    2 months ago

As a Scumbag supporter I guess you'd know all about that. 

2.1.16  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  MUVA @2.1.4    2 months ago

This from someone who still believes Trump isn't a pile of shit.  

2.1.17  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Freedom Warrior @2.1.14    2 months ago
I thought the Trumps were a NY crime family.

You thought right.   Well done.  

Freedom Warrior
2.1.18  Freedom Warrior  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @2.1.17    2 months ago

Of course, I'm always right.  Don't forget that.

2.1.19  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.5    2 months ago

Wasn't the driver in a  Prius?  Love it. 

2.1.20  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Freedom Warrior @2.1.18    2 months ago

[Removed

XXJefferson#51
2.1.21  XXJefferson#51  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.5    2 months ago

[deleted]

cjcold
2.1.22  cjcold  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.11    2 months ago

Spent many years as a paramedic and always heard "I didn't think he'd actually shoot me!"

It was just a parking place!

So I slapped his sister!

Yep, his mother actually does fuck sailors in hell!

I thought that there were supposed to be 5 aces!

He was driving where I wanted to drive!

I've never even met his mother!

Split Personality
2.1.23  Split Personality  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @2.1.12    2 months ago
I don't think that would be considered a "biker" by anyone except a millennial or someone who doesn't ride.

LOL, hey I searched on biker getting ass kicked and that's one of many things that popped up.

the internet is never wrong, right? /s

jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

Appreciate the comment CZ !

Studiusbagus
2.1.24  Studiusbagus  replied to  MUVA @2.1.13    2 months ago
Real bikers fix there own bike and don't take it in for service.

Real bikers don't have warrentees?

Who's going to fix my Guzzi?

MUVA
2.1.25  MUVA  replied to  Studiusbagus @2.1.24    2 months ago

You unless you can't turn a wrench real bikers can repair their bike riders can ride their bikes.

Studiusbagus
2.1.26  Studiusbagus  replied to  MUVA @2.1.25    2 months ago

Yeah. I can turn a wrench, what I lack is flashing a program or custom tuning. 

I'm old school HD and old japs. I wouldn't wouldn't sacrifice a good bike by chasing down a remote sensor that I don't know about. Hand me the block and I'm all over it.

I can do it, but when it comes to transport, I prefer shooting them.

When I was a kid my buddies were serious gear heads, one of them works for NHRA still. But while we were all learning by explosion, I was creating my first runs on old sheet metal. I liked tuna boats (suicide door Lincolns, Imperials, etc.) Opposed to Chevelles, 55 Coups of anything, anything Ss, etc.

So the deal was they had really fast cars with incredible skins. I would have a drop dead gorgeous Town Car that could take the front end off the ground.

MUVA
2.1.27  MUVA  replied to  Studiusbagus @2.1.26    2 months ago

You get your hands dirty like me I can just about fix anything from a outboard motor to C18 cats. I found my first motorcycle in the trash at 11 a Honda SL 70 and got it running my father helped a little I was hooked on fixing things. I worked at a body shop as a helper form age 13 to 17 and had my own 4 bays to work in at 18 I still like to repair old  anything with a engine.

igknorantzrulz
2.1.28  igknorantzrulz  replied to  MUVA @2.1.27    2 months ago

i hate clean finely manicured hands.

unless on a woman

Studiusbagus
2.1.29  Studiusbagus  replied to  MUVA @2.1.27    2 months ago
You get your hands dirty like me

Here's the difference, I do that recreationally. 

Like right now. I'm pulling the motor and tranny from my old truck and sending it off for a performance rebuild while I strip the truck down for a complete restoration. 

Fun...not a paycheck.

Trout Giggles
3  Trout Giggles    2 months ago

yeah....he's such a tough guy

Galen Marvin Ross
3.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Trout Giggles @3    2 months ago

JBB
3.1.1  JBB  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @3.1    2 months ago

Supreme Justices, Joint Chiefs and Congressional Leaders should act now.

They have a constitutional duty to protect our republic from being tyranized.

Consult historyto see that republics were forevermore lost to the tyrants...

Poets lamented Rome and Athens demise aft the dictators there did arise.

Texan1211
3.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @3.1.1    2 months ago
They have a constitutional duty to protect our republic from being tyranized.

Making a mountain out of a molehill.

Must be hell being so fearful every waking moment.

Trout Giggles
3.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @3.1    2 months ago

Starting a civil war is definitely treason

Galen Marvin Ross
3.1.4  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  JBB @3.1.1    2 months ago

And, the current leader of the Senate is buddy, buddy with Trump, two Supreme Court justices were appointed by Trump and, many court nominees have already gone through the nomination process  and, are sitting on the bench that support Trump, how many generals do you think support him right now?

Pelosi said it best the other day about impeaching Trump, it's not worth it......right now, there would be no support in the Senate for it from the Republicans and, Trumps base, as evidenced on here wouldn't believe he was guilty of anything, they'd make excuses for everything. There has to be real solid evidence that they will accept and, no, I have no idea what that would look like but, even if Mueller was to come out and, say that Trump was guilty as homemade sin and, was a traitor to the country, Trumps base would still call it a witch hunt.

JBB
3.1.5  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.2    2 months ago

"THOSE IGNORANT OF HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT"...

Galen Marvin Ross
3.1.6  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1.3    2 months ago

Yep, it is but, Trump would come out and, say that it was very bad but, he had nothing to do with, that he never told his supporters it was alright to start a civil war, that it was the left who did it.

Texan1211
3.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @3.1.5    2 months ago
"THOSE IGNORANT OF HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT"...

That is true.

I wonder if Democrats will remember the history the last time they started a civil war?

Trout Giggles
3.1.8  Trout Giggles  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @3.1.4    2 months ago

Then the best thing to do is to make damn good and sure the bastard doesn't get re-elected

JBB
3.1.9  JBB  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @3.1.6    2 months ago

Imagine if Obama said the same of blacks revolting back in 2011. KABOOM!  

JBB
3.1.10  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.7    2 months ago

Except those same ancient traitors are all republicans and Trump supporters today. They are the same far right nutters Trump is calling up to revolt, again.

r.t..b...
3.1.11  r.t..b...  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.2    2 months ago

It is rather terrifying when the POTUS threatens violence against his fellow American citizens. I never believed that thought could be imagined, much less become an accurate depiction.  And sadly, vehemently defended.

Tessylo
3.1.12  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @3.1.10    2 months ago

I get so tired of the history 'revisionists'.  Should I say liars?

Trout Giggles
3.1.13  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.12    2 months ago

yes you should

Texan1211
3.1.14  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @3.1.10    2 months ago
Except those same ancient traitors are all republicans and Trump supporters today.

Man, I just hate to break the news to you, but the people who started the Civil War are all dead now, and the vast majority of them were Democrats. Your revisionist history not withstanding.

Texan1211
3.1.15  Texan1211  replied to  r.t..b... @3.1.11    2 months ago
It is rather terrifying when the POTUS threatens violence against his fellow American citizens. I never believed that thought could be imagined, much less become an accurate depiction. And sadly, vehemently defended

Well, since he didn't threaten anyone, your "point" is silly.

igknorantzrulz
3.1.16  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.2    2 months ago

Must be Hell, all that Bliss, you ignorantly will never miss.

Remember when The President of the United States used to stand for exceptionalism,

and would always put COUNTRY FIRST, and attempt to bring US ALL TOGETHER ???

WTF is wrong with the'right' ?

Obviously too much to even begin to describe.

Tessylo
3.1.17  Tessylo  replied to  igknorantzrulz @3.1.16    2 months ago

I guess you could shorten the list dramatically by saying what is right with the 'right'?

One word answer:

NOTHING

r.t..b...
3.1.18  r.t..b...  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.15    2 months ago
Well, since he didn't threaten anyone, your "point" is silly.

And sadly, vehemently defended. Or smugly dismissed. Or spuriously denied. Ad nauseam. 

Galen Marvin Ross
3.1.19  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1.8    2 months ago

Once again Donny Deutsch comes to mind and, I'm quoting him, "If Trump loses the election he won't leave the White House willingly, he loves the power and, will do anything to keep it."

MUVA
3.1.20  MUVA  replied to  JBB @3.1.10    2 months ago

They can't be the same people they have all long since died your post is nonsense.

Galen Marvin Ross
3.1.21  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.14    2 months ago
and the vast majority of them were Democrats.

They were CONSERVATIVES first, it was the Liberals in the Republican Party who supported the Emancipation Proclamation. Talk about revising history, Texan, you should be ashamed of yourself because, today, there are no liberals in the Republican Party, that is why you all are always complaining about the liberals and, talking about the "good ole days". 

Texan1211
3.1.22  Texan1211  replied to  MUVA @3.1.20    2 months ago

Just another attempt to distance the Democratic Party form its racist past.

MUVA
3.1.23  MUVA  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.22    2 months ago

It may be the most revisionist thing ever posted top 5 at least.

Texan1211
3.1.24  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @3.1.21    2 months ago
They were CONSERVATIVES first, it was the Liberals in the Republican Party who supported the Emancipation Proclamation.

Sounds like they were conservative DEMOCRATS. I know that is hard for you to admit, but it is the truth.

I revised nothing. I leave that to the Democrats who refuse to acknowledge their racist past.

igknorantzrulz
3.1.25  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.22    2 months ago
Just another attempt to distance the Democratic Party form its racist past.

and who has a Firm Grip on its RACIST PRESENT PRESENCE ?

Texan1211
3.1.26  Texan1211  replied to  igknorantzrulz @3.1.25    2 months ago
and who has a Firm Grip on its RACIST PRESENT PRESENCE

Seems like the Democrats, what with their history of "soft" bigotry of low expectations.

igknorantzrulz
3.1.27  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.26    2 months ago
Seems like the Democrats

Seems like someone can't face up to the FACTS

whats a matta TEX,

facts not fittin yer agenda ?

Y don't ya give em a little SHOVE,

IT 

WILL FIT !

Galen Marvin Ross
3.1.28  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.24    2 months ago
Sounds like they were conservative DEMOCRATS. I know that is hard for you to admit, but it is the truth. I revised nothing. I leave that to the Democrats who refuse to acknowledge their racist past.

You are revising history since it was the CONSERVATIVES KEY WORD, who supported slavery and, it was the LIBERALS who supported freeing the slaves. Party name such as Democrat and, Republican don't matter when the ideals of the party change over time.

Trout Giggles
3.1.29  Trout Giggles  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @3.1.28    2 months ago

That concept is just too difficult to grasp, Galen. Have a heart

Ender
3.1.30  Ender  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.26    2 months ago

And it seems some will deny the present.

Studiusbagus
3.1.31  Studiusbagus  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @3.1.4    2 months ago
Pelosi said it best the other day about impeaching Trump, it's not worth it......right now, there would be no support in the Senate for it from the Republicans

I "think" she has an idea of exposing all the Republicans and the right for who they are by letting Trump keep the crazy going. Then the public can electorally wipe them out in 2020.

Galen Marvin Ross
3.1.32  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1.29    2 months ago
That concept is just too difficult to grasp, Galen. Have a heart

Butt, I gotta try Trout.

Galen Marvin Ross
3.1.33  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Studiusbagus @3.1.31    2 months ago

Well, yeah, that's why she had the vote on the wall in the House, to see which Republicans would vote to kill the emergency and, which ones in the Senate would vote to kill it, to expose them for the hypocrites they are.

Texan1211
3.1.34  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @3.1.28    2 months ago
ou are revising history since it was the CONSERVATIVES KEY WORD, who supported slavery and, it was the LIBERALS who supported freeing the slaves. Party name such as Democrat and, Republican don't matter when the ideals of the party change over time.

Yeah, yeah, I have heard the stories of how all the Southern racist Democrats left the part to join the Republicans.

Nice fantasy story, and I am not in the least surprised to find you peddling it yet once again.

Yawn.

Ender
3.1.35  Ender  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.34    2 months ago

What is sad is seeing one deny it. Deny the truth, right in front of them. A truth that everyone knows.

How very trumpian.

Citizen Kane-473667
3.1.36  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Ender @3.1.35    2 months ago
What is sad is seeing one deny it. Deny the truth, right in front of them. A truth that everyone knows.

Only one Dixie-Crat switched Parties. The rest remained Democrats for the rest of their careers.

The whole Party Flip over Segregation and the Civil Rights movement is a myth.

What flipped the Parties was Progressive policies on illegal immigration, abortion, religion, and Gay Rights. The defection over Civil Rights was minimal at best as voting history shows. 

Galen Marvin Ross
3.1.37  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.34    2 months ago
Yeah, yeah, I have heard the stories of how all the Southern racist Democrats left the part to join the Republicans.

Funny, I didn't even mention that.

Nice fantasy story, and I am not in the least surprised to find you peddling it yet once again.

Not a fantasy, party ideals change over time, that has been shown through our history, it was a Liberal idea at the time to want to free the slaves, that it wasn't right for one human to own another human like cattle. It was a Conservative idea that anyone from Africa was 2/3 a human being so, it was alright to own them. Again, I didn't mention Party's, you did, I mentioned ideals.

Texan1211
3.1.38  Texan1211  replied to  Ender @3.1.35    2 months ago
How very trumpian.

"It isn't so much that our liberal friends are ignorant, they just know so many things that aren't true."

Texan1211
3.1.39  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @3.1.37    2 months ago
Funny, I didn't even mention that.
Not a fantasy, party ideals change over time, that has been shown through our history, it was a Liberal idea at the time to want to free the slaves, that it wasn't right for one human to own another human like cattle. It was a Conservative idea that anyone from Africa was 2/3 a human being so, it was alright to own them. Again, I didn't mention Party's, you did, I mentioned ideals.

Well, of COURSE you didn't mention PARTIES, because then you would actually have to admit that it was the Democrats who fought for slavery and instituted most of the Jim Crow Laws, and God knows no liberal is ever going to admit that they belong to the party of racism, as PROVEN to them time and time again.

Freedom Warrior
3.1.40  Freedom Warrior  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @3.1.36    2 months ago
The whole Party Flip over Segregation and the Civil Rights movement is a myth.

I have done some research into that and it is clear to me that the switched party myth falls squarely into the catoegory of an inconvenient fact that the left prefers to ignore since it doesn't fit their well scripted narrative.  They found a much more disingenous and PC method of oppresing their minions now.

Sean Treacy
3.1.41  Sean Treacy  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.39    2 months ago

Yeah, the idea that Southern Democrats pre  civil rights act  were "conservative" is silly. They were racist progressives who used government (no surprise for a progressive) to embody their  racist views with the force of law. 

3.1.42  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.2    2 months ago
Making a mountain out of a molehill. Must be hell being so fearful every waking moment.

Don't think for a second that we don't know how your hair would be on fire there'd been even just a whisper of a rumor that Obama had ever thought anything like Scumbag said out loud.

Ender
3.1.43  Ender  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @3.1.36    2 months ago
In a sense, Teddy Roosevelt was the last major Republican liberal. Ensuing decades saw the GOP grow steadily more conservative, and Democrats acquire the liberal mantle. When the Great Depression struck, the "New Deal" of Democrat Franklin Delano Roosevelt (1882-1945), Theodore's nephew-in-law, achieved landmark progressive reforms.

In the 1960s, the "Great Society" of Democrat Lyndon Johnson (1908- 1973) vastly expanded the public safety net and gave legal equality to African-Americans - driving racist Dixie out of the Democratic Party, into the GOP.

Then Republican President Ronald Reagan (1911-2004) mobilized the "religious right" of white evangelicals for his party. Later, extreme white conservatives calling themselves "tea party" militants emerged in the GOP.

All this outlines America's political flipflop - how the liberal Republican Party turned conservative, and the conservative Democratic Party turned liberal. It was a fascinating transition.https://www.houstonchronicle.com/opinion/article/How-Democrats-and-Republicans-switched-beliefs-9226115.php

Yes the parties have switched. Very few people deny this.

3.1.44  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  JBB @3.1.1    2 months ago

You're absolutely right.  This one statement from Scumbag's filthy pie-hole suffices as more than enough justification for immediate impeachment and conviction.   All his other crimes take a back seat but  can still serve to bolster this action.

3.1.45  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1.41    2 months ago
 the idea that Southern Democrats

Still hoping that tired, ol'  "Southern Democrats" line (now replaced by the entire Republican party) will play, eh? Lost causes are definitely your thing, Sean.

Badfish H҉a҉n҉d҉ ҉o҉f҉ ҉D҉o҉o҉m҉
3.1.46  Badfish H҉a҉n҉d҉ ҉o҉f҉ ҉D҉o҉o҉m҉  replied to  Ender @3.1.43    2 months ago
Yes the parties have switched.

Except in Virginia and of course the new breed of Antisemitism in the congress. Let's not forget one of the biggest segregationists in history is about to announce his candidacy for president.

XXJefferson#51
3.1.47  XXJefferson#51  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.2    2 months ago

[deleted]

Texan1211
3.1.48  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @3.1.42    2 months ago
on't think for a second that we don't know how your hair would be on fire there'd been even just a whisper of a rumor that Obama had ever thought anything like Scumbag said out loud.

I suppose when no facts back you up, one must resort to projecting.

cjcold
3.1.49  cjcold  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.2    2 months ago

Religion will do that to you. Fear is what they sell.

XXJefferson#51
3.1.50  XXJefferson#51  replied to  Freedom Warrior @3.1.40    2 months ago

[deleted]

XXJefferson#51
3.1.51  XXJefferson#51  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.2    2 months ago

Exactly.  Well said.  You are right on here. jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif 

XXJefferson#51
3.1.52  XXJefferson#51  replied to  Freedom Warrior @3.1.40    2 months ago

You are exactly right in all you say.  One of the biggest lies in America’s history is the one about segregationist democrats running to the party of Lincoln and Eisenhower after the passage of the civil rights movement. Thanks for pointing that out. jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

XXJefferson#51
3.1.53  XXJefferson#51  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.2    2 months ago

Indeed.  Well said. Trump should not repent of or take back a single word he’s said to or about the political and secular left since running for and becoming President.  

Krishna
4  Krishna    2 months ago

IMO he's always been a bit mentally unstable. (Heck, even George Conway, the lawyer husband of Kellyanne Conway agrees). 

And now, as more an more of his henchman are being convicted of various crimes, and Congress is starting to give hime more and more setbacks (including quite a few Congresspeople in the latest vote) he's really starting to lose it.

r.t..b...
5  r.t..b...    2 months ago

When his time comes, he certainly will not 'go gentle into that good night.' Yet another example of his depthless lack of character. 

cjcold
5.1  cjcold  replied to  r.t..b... @5    2 months ago

Even Nixon knew when it was time to resign and not be kicked around anymore.

lady in black
6  lady in black    2 months ago

[Removed

WallyW
6.1  WallyW  replied to  lady in black @6    2 months ago

Well, we had years to look at the other candidate, and he was the better option than she.

I can't believe how this guy has taken over and fully occupies so many left wing minds. He drives them crazy and I love it!

lady in black
6.1.1  lady in black  replied to  WallyW @6.1    2 months ago

Keep making excuses for his disgusting behavior.

Dismayed Patriot
6.1.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  WallyW @6.1    2 months ago
Well, we had years to look at the other candidate, and he was the better option than she.

That's like replying to someone who asks why you're smiling while eating a shit sandwich, "Well you should have seen my other choice! The Russian waiter told me all about how awful the only other meal would have been..."

"But you're still eating a shit sandwich, why are you smiling?"

"Because we're making all the coastal elites and higher educated snobs eat it too, he he, he he...".

Trout Giggles
6.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.1.2    2 months ago

That's  a pretty good analogy

JBB
6.1.4  JBB  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.1.2    2 months ago

[Deleted]

Dismayed Patriot
6.1.5  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  JBB @6.1.4    2 months ago

What's so unnerving is that they'll stare you in the face, slow chewing the large bite of shit sandwich, knowingly, eyes smirking, like they are savoring the taste, knowing how much liberals and progressives must hate the taste which is what gives them such a sense of self satisfaction making it all worth it.

JBB
6.1.6  JBB  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.1.5    2 months ago

Well, that explains all those MAGA Hatters and their shit eatin grins...

igknorantzrulz
6.1.7  igknorantzrulz  replied to  JBB @6.1.6    2 months ago
heir shit eatin grins...

Careful now, Dershowitz will have you sued 

cjcold
6.1.8  cjcold  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.1.2    2 months ago

As an elite highly educated snob I think you'll be getting a call from my lawyer.

XXJefferson#51
6.1.9  XXJefferson#51  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.1.2    2 months ago

I’d just like to take a moment and say what an excellent President Donald Trump is and congratulate him ona job well done 👍 so far. Congrats 🎉🍾🎊🎈! 

6.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  lady in black @6    2 months ago
He is disgraceful POS

That's an insult to POSes

pat wilson
7  seeder  pat wilson    2 months ago

You watch, there will be NTers who bend over backwards to say this is perfectly acceptable, (appalling).

lady in black
7.1  lady in black  replied to  pat wilson @7    2 months ago

Of course there will be.

r.t..b...
7.1.1  r.t..b...  replied to  lady in black @7.1    2 months ago
Of course there will be.

Trump is what he is... that there are those spoiling for the opportunity to take his words as a call to action is the much darker commentary.

cjcold
7.1.2  cjcold  replied to  r.t..b... @7.1.1    2 months ago

Weird how liberals don't tend to be assassins. [Deleted] but I'm glad we take the high road.

WallyW
7.1.3  WallyW  replied to  cjcold @7.1.2    2 months ago

You're coming too close to the edge.

lib50
7.1.4  lib50  replied to  WallyW @7.1.3    2 months ago

You are trying to defend Trump inciting violence and you think THAT was close to the edge?  You may want to recalibrate.

XXJefferson#51
7.2  XXJefferson#51  replied to  pat wilson @7    2 months ago

He said something wrong somewhere?  How could I have missed that.  

Ed-NavDoc
8  Ed-NavDoc    2 months ago

Pretty much safe to say civility is long gone in DC politics.

cjcold
8.1  cjcold  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @8    2 months ago

We centrists are trying. Seems the far, far, right wing gets more press. (if it bleeds, it leads).

MUVA
8.1.1  MUVA  replied to  cjcold @8.1    2 months ago

You are not a centrist.

Tessylo
8.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  MUVA @8.1.1    2 months ago

????

WallyW
8.1.3  WallyW  replied to  MUVA @8.1.1    2 months ago

Not even close.

Galen Marvin Ross
8.1.4  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  MUVA @8.1.1    2 months ago

Did you ever think that you might have moved so far to the right that you wouldn't know a centrist if they jumped up and, bit you in the ass?

MUVA
8.1.5  MUVA  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @8.1.4    2 months ago

No I never think that it isn't true.

Galen Marvin Ross
8.1.6  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  MUVA @8.1.5    2 months ago

WTF????

Jack_TX
8.1.7  Jack_TX  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @8.1.4    2 months ago
Did you ever think that you might have moved so far to the right that you wouldn't know a centrist if they jumped up and, bit you in the ass?

There is enough irony in this statement to alter the magnetic pole of the earth.

Tessylo
8.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @8.1.6    2 months ago

He's light on punctuation.  I think he means:  No.  I never think that.  It isn't true.

Split Personality
8.1.9  Split Personality  replied to  MUVA @8.1.5    2 months ago

Isn't that a double negative?

igknorantzrulz
8.1.10  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Split Personality @8.1.9    2 months ago

triple

dawg dare ya

r.t..b...
8.1.11  r.t..b...  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.8    2 months ago

[deleted]

Galen Marvin Ross
8.1.12  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.8    2 months ago

Ahhh, I see, he thinks that he and, his friends haven't gone too far to the right and, they can see a centrist. Got it. Problem here though, I think what he thinks is a centrist is actually a Bush conservative, what he thinks is a conservative is actually a Trump conservative. What's the difference? A Bush conservative believes that all people should have equal rights and, that Muslims do belong in this country. Trump Conservatives look like this guy,

MUVA
8.1.13  MUVA  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @8.1.12    2 months ago

Galen Marvin Ross
8.1.14  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  MUVA @8.1.13    2 months ago
I'm black I look like this guy 

Then why are you supporting a racist and, what has become a racist party over the past 15 years?

MUVA
8.1.15  MUVA  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @8.1.14    2 months ago

Total bullshit .

Galen Marvin Ross
8.1.16  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  MUVA @8.1.15    2 months ago

Prove it.

MUVA
8.1.17  MUVA  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @8.1.16    2 months ago

Prove what? I don't need white privileged liberals telling me anything about racism. I lived with racism when younger how about you ?

8.1.18  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  MUVA @8.1.1    2 months ago
You are not a centrist.

Thanks for admitting to  us how far right that makes you.

8.1.19  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  MUVA @8.1.17    2 months ago
I lived with racism when younger how about you ?

Everyone alive in this country today would still say that -- if they were honest.  Don't know what you thought you'd accomplish with that comment but, I assure you, it was nothing. 

It Is ME
8.1.20  It Is ME  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @8.1.4    2 months ago

Centrist go "Both ways" when criticizing....so I thought !

What was I thinking huh ! jrSmiley_87_smiley_image.gif

8.1.21  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Jack_TX @8.1.7    2 months ago
There is enough irony in this statement to alter the magnetic pole of the earth.

Maybe, but if so it was directed your way and you couldn't recognize it.   

Galen Marvin Ross
8.1.22  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  MUVA @8.1.17    2 months ago
I lived with racism when younger how about you ?

As I thought. Just to answer your question, yes, I have lived with racism when I was younger, I grew up in the Jim Crow south.

Galen Marvin Ross
8.1.23  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  It Is ME @8.1.20    2 months ago
Centrist go "Both ways" when criticizing....so I thought ! What was I thinking huh !

Is that a sexual thing?? Just kidding. All I've seen you do is criticize the "Left" or, what you perceive the left to be, I have yet to see you criticize Trump for a single thing, however, I have criticized those on the left as well as those on the right, it's just that right now, the right is doing more BS than the left ever thought of doing, thanks to Donald J. Trump. I criticize Trump because he is a bigot, a misogynist and, a thief and, if the political types are correct, he is owned by Putin, which makes him a traitor as well.

cjcold
8.1.24  cjcold  replied to  MUVA @8.1.1    2 months ago

I feel like a centrist.

XXJefferson#51
8.1.25  XXJefferson#51  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @8.1.18    2 months ago

We are now where near as far on the right as today’s democrat party and it’s membershipbis on the far left.  

XXJefferson#51
8.2  XXJefferson#51  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @8    2 months ago

[deleted]

XXJefferson#51
8.3  XXJefferson#51  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @8    2 months ago

It is.  You are absolutely right about that and I hold the left responsible for it.  

JohnRussell
9  JohnRussell    2 months ago

The President* tries to talk like a hood. "It would be bad, very bad" he says if his private army of followers which he describes as "bikers, the military , and the police" had to defend him from........ who knows? unless Trump wants biker gangs to go in and beat up Adam Schiff or Elijah Cummings.

“You know, the left plays a tougher game, it’s very funny,” Trump said. “I actually think that the people on the right are tougher, but they don’t play it tougher.”

“I can tell you I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump,” he continued. “I have the tough people, but they don’t play it tough — until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad.”

The president went on to accuse “the left” of playing “it cuter and tougher” than Republicans.

“Like with all the nonsense that they do in Congress,” he said. With all this investigating — that’s all they want to do is — you know, they do things that are nasty.

The president* mentions antifa as something that his tough guy supporters would handle if need be. So again , we have a question to wonder upon - is the president* encouraging street violence ?  

We have had 44 presidents before Trump. My guess is that the number of those who talked about the possible necessity for their supporters to get violent in American streets because investigations of the president were getting "nasty" is zero. 

Gee, if Trump is threatening violence because he is being investigated by Congress, maybe it is better to not impeach him. If that happened he might nuke Berkley, California. .

bugsy
10  bugsy    2 months ago

If there is any type of violence, it probably will not be any worse than liberals attacking Trump supporters during and after the 2016 campaign, even up to today.

Or maybe not as bad as liberals stalking and harassing Trump officials and supporters while having dinner or taking a show. 

pat wilson
10.1  seeder  pat wilson  replied to  bugsy @10    2 months ago

...and there it is...

bugsy
10.1.1  bugsy  replied to  pat wilson @10.1    2 months ago

And there what is? The truth? OK. Glad you see it.

Enjoy your night. It will be better for you now.

pat wilson
10.1.2  seeder  pat wilson  replied to  bugsy @10.1.1    2 months ago
And there what is? The truth?
No, the predictability of the bending over backward to make this idiot, trash talk acceptable. With a side of whataboutism thrown in.

bugsy
10.1.3  bugsy  replied to  pat wilson @10.1.2    2 months ago

The problem with your "logic" is one person speaks and no one has ever acted on any of his words, however, you have several very left loony libs telling their sheep to harass and stalk Trump supporters and admin officials.

Seems like the loony left is far more dangerous.

Freedom Warrior
10.1.4  Freedom Warrior  replied to  bugsy @10.1.3    2 months ago

I'm pretty sure there is no point in engaging with individuals that espouse such a degree of anti-Trump irrationaility.

10.1.5  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Freedom Warrior @10.1.4    2 months ago

I'm pretty sure there is no point in engaging with individuals that who refuse to see Scumbag's a criminal and a traitor. 

bugsy
10.1.6  bugsy  replied to  Freedom Warrior @10.1.4    2 months ago

We all know that if Trump had ran as a democrat and won as a democrat, liberals would be cheering him to the stars, especially with the "threats" to those that do not agree with him.

Problem for libs is they have actually acted on their threats of attacking those that do not think like them.

No conservative has acted on rhetoric from Trump.  Liberals just use Trump as an excuse when someone does something, with no real reasoning.

Freedom Warrior
10.1.7  Freedom Warrior  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @10.1.5    2 months ago

Yes of course, that appear to have been your intention from the very beginning.  [deleted]

Freedom Warrior
10.1.8  Freedom Warrior  replied to  bugsy @10.1.6    2 months ago

We are witnessing this mentality play out in many overt ways nowadays.  Beyond the obcious bias on major social media platforms we now have found that large scale enterprise like Chase Bank are actively engaging in poltical bias to close customer accounts.

Galen Marvin Ross
10.1.9  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Freedom Warrior @10.1.8    2 months ago
We are witnessing this mentality play out in many overt ways nowadays.

and, Bugzy, You are correct but, not in a way you think.

Yep, Trump hasn't incited anything.

Freedom Warrior
10.1.10  Freedom Warrior  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @10.1.9    2 months ago

You are responding to the wrong person.

Galen Marvin Ross
10.1.11  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Freedom Warrior @10.1.10    2 months ago

Then post 10.1.4 is a misquote?

Freedom Warrior
10.1.12  Freedom Warrior  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @10.1.11    2 months ago

No your post is not a response to my comment.

Why should I have to explain that?

XXJefferson#51
10.1.13  XXJefferson#51  replied to  bugsy @10.1.3    2 months ago

I agree.  I have enjoyed the response of the left to the President’s words, and seeing their reactions, endorse him saying them.  

XXJefferson#51
10.1.14  XXJefferson#51  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @10.1.9    2 months ago

He certainly had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with what happened in New Zealand 🇳🇿.  To accuse him of that is a blood libel against the President of The United States and America 🇺🇸  itself.  

Galen Marvin Ross
10.1.15  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  XXJefferson#51 @10.1.14    2 months ago
He certainly had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with what happened in New Zealand 🇳🇿.

His mouth and, Twitter feed is encouraging people like this to crawl out of hiding and, attack people. The president of the United States has a responsibility to calm people down, Trump makes them angry at the invisible "They" to the point were they lash out at anyone they don't like, the Alt-Rights go to people to hate are Jews, Muslims and, anyone with brown skin and, Trump with his mouth and, Twitter feed make it alright to attack these folks.

XXJefferson#51
10.1.16  XXJefferson#51  replied to  bugsy @10.1.3    2 months ago

It’s more than seems like.  They are and far more so.  

igknorantzrulz
10.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  bugsy @10    2 months ago
it probably will not be any worse than liberals

so u don't see Pats point ?

Tessylo
10.3  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @10    2 months ago

'If there is any type of violence, it probably will not be any worse than liberals attacking Trump supporters during and after the 2016 campaign, even up to today.

Or maybe not as bad as liberals stalking and harassing Trump officials and supporters while having dinner or taking a show.'

jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gifThat does not compute

bugsy
10.3.1  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @10.3    2 months ago
That does not compute

To you?? Probably not

Not surprising.

lib50
10.4  lib50  replied to  bugsy @10    2 months ago

Would you like to revisit this comment?  Since the white supremacist in NZ quoted Trump in his manifesto.  And Trump has been quoted by American white nationalists (still like that name 'nationalist'?) sending pipe bombs here.   The defense of Trump's race baiting hate speeches is unacceptable, defending that is being part of it.  Any changes you'd like to make?

https://boingboing.net/2018/11/05/white-supremacist-hate-groups.html

pat wilson
10.4.1  seeder  pat wilson  replied to  lib50 @10.4    2 months ago

Don't hold your breath.

bugsy
10.4.2  bugsy  replied to  lib50 @10.4    2 months ago
Would you like to revisit this comment?

Nope...not revising anything because I am right...and you?...not so much. I have not seen this manifesto but I aalso understand that his favorite ideology that he would like to mimic is from China, not the US, not Trump, not conservatism.

Liberals will attempt to place blame on this President for EVERYTHING, even when the exact opposite is overwhelming.

JBB
11  JBB    2 months ago

Trumpism = Thugocracy...

bugsy
11.1  bugsy  replied to  JBB @11    2 months ago

[deleted]

bugsy
11.1.1  bugsy  replied to  bugsy @11.1    2 months ago

No, Perrie...comparing liberalISM to stupidity is not a sweeping generalization. I am speaking of an ideology, not a person or group of persons. I'm curious as to why you did not delete JBB's post, as he was attempting to equate ALL those who support Trump as a bunch of thugs, but his post stands.

And liberals continue to wonder why demeaning and name calling caused them the Presidency.

11.1.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  bugsy @11.1.1    2 months ago

Playing the [ref....deleted]

bugsy
11.1.3  bugsy  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @11.1.2    2 months ago

[Removed

XXJefferson#51
11.1.4  XXJefferson#51  replied to  bugsy @11.1.1    2 months ago

Comparing Trumps beliefs and his supporters with a thugocracy is a sweeping generalization or it would have been if it was about obamunism and his obamunist followers equaling a thugocracy.  What the left can say about the right can not be repeated by the right about the left.  The former is not a sweeping 🧹 gen while the latter simply has to be one.  

Ender
12  Ender    2 months ago
Republicans never played this

So not only is he an asshole and a liar, he is delusional.

The wackadoo is not stable.

cjcold
12.1  cjcold  replied to  Ender @12    2 months ago

But, but, but, he said he was stable! He said he was smart! Who are we to deny his narcissism?

Tessylo
12.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  cjcold @12.1    2 months ago

A stable genius.  He's a fucking moron.  

Trout Giggles
12.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @12.1.1    2 months ago

There's a horse in a stable somewhere that's way more of a genius than this moron is

Tessylo
12.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @12.1.2    2 months ago

I seriously think he is mentally retarded in some way.  No offense to those folks with true disabilities.  

JBB
12.1.4  JBB  replied to  Trout Giggles @12.1.2    2 months ago

That is, of course, unless the horse is The Famous Donald Trump...

Galen Marvin Ross
12.1.5  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Trout Giggles @12.1.2    2 months ago

dave-2693993
13  dave-2693993    2 months ago

Are you sure Trump didn't plagiarize President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho?

cjcold
13.1  cjcold  replied to  dave-2693993 @13    2 months ago

At least macho Camacho had the good grace to quit while he was behind.

cjcold
13.1.1  cjcold  replied to  cjcold @13.1    2 months ago

Keep hoping that Trump will do a Nixon/Duran and say No Mas before he is indicted.

dave-2693993
13.1.2  dave-2693993  replied to  cjcold @13.1    2 months ago

That, he did.

Jack_TX
13.2  Jack_TX  replied to  dave-2693993 @13    2 months ago
President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho

We are definitely headed in that direction, though, aren't we?

dave-2693993
13.2.1  dave-2693993  replied to  Jack_TX @13.2    2 months ago
We are definitely headed in that direction, though, aren't we?

It certainly does and the train keeps moving faster.

JBB
13.2.2  JBB  replied to  Jack_TX @13.2    2 months ago

Ever heard of Oklahoma's Sr US Senator James "Mountain-Jack" Inhofe? IMHO, Jack Inhofe should have never been allowed in the US Senate...

Thrawn 31
13.3  Thrawn 31  replied to  dave-2693993 @13    2 months ago

If ONLY we had President Camacho! Instead we have an even dumber, bitchier version. 

dave-2693993
13.3.1  dave-2693993  replied to  Thrawn 31 @13.3    2 months ago

LOL.

Well, at least we are not drinking Brawndo out of the water fountain...yet.

bbl-1
14  bbl-1    2 months ago

The Trump is accessing his base support.  Trump's first wife, Ivana, said he ( Trump ) kept a copy of Mein Kampf at his bedside.

cjcold
14.1  cjcold  replied to  bbl-1 @14    2 months ago

That was a plus for the far right wing Nazis who elected him.

XXJefferson#51
14.1.1  XXJefferson#51  replied to  cjcold @14.1    2 months ago

Nothing sweeping 🧹 at all about 60+ million Americans being called far right wing nazis, right?  Especially since 1 of every 8 Trump voters voted for Obama the 2x before. 

14.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  bbl-1 @14    2 months ago

Like Scumbag, Sr. like Scumbag, Jr. 

luther28
15  luther28    2 months ago

This is reminiscent of Frank Sinatra, another sissy that played the tough guy but when push came to shove always needed someone to actually be the tough guy.

But if nothing else the next time someone whines in regards to the Leftists potential for violence, Mr. Trumps comment will negate it out of hand.

POTUS fomenting violence and pitting citizen against citizen, does anyone else see something wrong with this picture.

Don Overton
16  Don Overton    2 months ago

Hal A. Lujah
17  Hal A. Lujah    2 months ago

I’m to the point where it’s just smarter to ignore everything about Donald Trump and ever piece of shit who supports him.  

MUVA
17.1  MUVA  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @17    2 months ago

jrSmiley_90_smiley_image.gif

Hal A. Lujah
17.1.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  MUVA @17.1    2 months ago

This is me ignoring you.

MUVA
17.1.2  MUVA  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @17.1.1    2 months ago

That is you responding to me jrSmiley_23_smiley_image.gif

bugsy
17.1.3  bugsy  replied to  MUVA @17.1.2    2 months ago

jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

You can't call it any better than that.

Thrawn 31
17.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @17    2 months ago

You aren't wrong. Listening to them only kills brain cells.

XXJefferson#51
18  XXJefferson#51    2 months ago

He certainly had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with what happened in New Zealand 🇳🇿.  To accuse him of that is a blood libel against the President of The United States and America 🇺🇸  itself.