George Conway Urges ‘Serious Inquiry’ Into Trump’s Mental Health After Latest Lie

Via:  krishna  •  2 months ago  •  38 comments

George Conway Urges ‘Serious Inquiry’ Into Trump’s Mental Health After Latest Lie

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

George Conway, husband of Kellyanne | Pablo Martinez Monsivais/AP Photo

George Conway, an attorney and the husband of White House counselor Kellyanne Conway, is calling for a “serious inquiry” into President Donald Trump’s “condition of mind.”

Conway, a persistent Trump critic despite his wife’s position in the administration, slammed the president’s “brazen, pathological mendacity” for lying over even mundane matters. 

“Even his donors and supporters wonder, what is wrong with him?” Conway wrote. “Why would he feel compelled to tell such an absurd lie?”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
Find text within the comments Find 

Krishna
1  seeder  Krishna    2 months ago

Conway’s first tweet linked to a clip in which Trump suggested that District Judge Amy Berman Jackson found “no collusion” in sentencing former campaign manager Paul Manafort on Wednesday. 

“I can only tell you one thing: Again that was proven today, no collusion,” Trump declared, repeating “no collusion” multiple times. 

However, the judge in the District of Columbia said no such thing.

“Even his donors and supporters wonder, what is wrong with him?” Conway wrote. “Why would he feel compelled to tell such an absurd lie?”

igknorantzrulz
1.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Krishna @1    2 months ago
“Even his donors and supporters wonder, what is wrong with him?”

In a word,

EVERYTHING !

Krishna
2  seeder  Krishna    2 months ago

Conway also referred to Trump’s shifting story on Apple CEO Tim Cook, whom he incorrectly referred to as “Tim Apple” at a White House meeting last week.

The president reportedly told GOP donors Friday that he had said “Tim Cook, Apple” but that the “Cook” was so fast no one heard it

The recording of the event proves otherwise. Then, Trump claimed he skipped the word just to save time. 

“A ridiculous assertion, of course,” Conway wrote. “He really said ‘Tim Apple’ instead of ‘Tim Cook of Apple’ to save **a third of a second**

WallyW
2.1  WallyW  replied to  Krishna @2    2 months ago

Wow.....talk about earthshaking revelations about.....nothing at all. jrSmiley_27_smiley_image.gif

I would venture to say that Trump's mental health is far better than that of a good portion his detractors and haters.

And even if it wasn't, what can be done about it?  Impeachment? 25th Amendment?

Ozzwald
2.1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  WallyW @2.1    2 months ago
I would venture to say that Trump's mental health is far better than that of a good portion his detractors and haters.

I assume you have links and evidence to support your claim Wally?  For once????  Or should I just say bye bye now as you go back into hiding?

Tessylo
2.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.1    2 months ago

[deleted]

igknorantzrulz
2.1.3  igknorantzrulz  replied to  WallyW @2.1    2 months ago
And even if it wasn't, what can be done about it? 

Probably, the best course of action, would be to just mindlessly deny there is anything wrong Wally, you've got it down pat.

Dismayed Patriot
2.1.4  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  WallyW @2.1    2 months ago
Trump's mental health is far better than that of a good portion his detractors and haters.

A turnip would score higher than Trump on an IQ test, and a moldy one at that.

WallyW
2.1.5  WallyW  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.1    2 months ago
I assume you have links and evidence to support your claim Wally?  For once????  Or should I just say bye bye now as you go back into hiding?

It's a fuckin' opinion Ozzy, I don't need to prove what is self evident. I appear to trigger you very easily. That's on you. Quit the personal snark, name calling, and accusations so I don't have to ignore you! (Thanks Perrie!)

WallyW
2.1.6  WallyW  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.1.4    2 months ago
A turnip would score higher than Trump on an IQ test, and a moldy one at that.

You just proved my point. jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

igknorantzrulz
2.1.7  igknorantzrulz  replied to  WallyW @2.1.6    2 months ago

don't cry Wally,

i still care...

cjcold
2.1.8  cjcold  replied to  WallyW @2.1    2 months ago

I believe in the democratic process. There are those far right wingers who suggest assassination of a sitting president who embarrasses them in order to get a much more favorable (and more religious fanatic) Pence into the office.

Unfortunately, thanks to gerrymandering, poll closures, Far right Billionaire propaganda, and old folk who ate too many toxic paint chips as children the global environment means nothing compared to corporate profit. 

Tacos!
2.1.9  Tacos!  replied to  WallyW @2.1    2 months ago
And even if it wasn't, what can be done about it?  Impeachment? 25th Amendment?

I guess all these Democrats are really hoping for that Pence administration. If they get on it right away, that could be nine-plus years of President Pence. 

FLYNAVY1
2.1.10  FLYNAVY1  replied to  WallyW @2.1.5    2 months ago

Hmmmmmm......... "self evidence".  You know you opened yourself to all sorts of incoming snark with that statement.  You might want to look at that one.

Ozzwald
2.1.11  Ozzwald  replied to  WallyW @2.1.5    2 months ago
It's a fuckin' opinion Ozzy, I don't need to prove what is self evident.

What evidence has caused you to come up with your "fucking" opinion Wally?

I appear to trigger you very easily.

In case you haven't noticed Wally, you don't "trigger" anyone, you are the comic relief because we all know you cut and run as soon as your claims are called for support.  Or deflect and distract, which is what you are doing right now.

Quit the personal snark, name calling, and accusations so I don't have to ignore you!

Calling out your history that anyone can see that wishes to, is not a "personal snark".  Requesting factual evidence that you use to determine your opinion is also SOP, you've done it yourself on multiple occasions.  When you've done it to me I simply provided links to the evidence and did not take it personally.

Trout Giggles
2.1.12  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tacos! @2.1.9    2 months ago

I wouldn't make any bets on that.

igknorantzrulz
2.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Krishna @2    2 months ago

i'll take, all of the above, for $0 , Alex

Kavika
3  Kavika     2 months ago

Dinner at the Conway house must be fairly interesting from time to time...LOL

Tessylo
3.1  Tessylo  replied to  Kavika @3    2 months ago

I was gonna say . . . Or I'd love to hear the pillow talk 

igknorantzrulz
3.1.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Tessylo @3.1    2 months ago
. . . Or I'd love to hear the pillow talk

Kellyann being smothered...?

Tessylo
3.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  igknorantzrulz @3.1.1    2 months ago

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Studiusbagus
3.1.3  Studiusbagus  replied to  Tessylo @3.1    2 months ago

"Here's...your....al..ter..net..fucks...righhht.....here!!"

"It's facts! It's facts!"

"Yeah...I...got....them...too!

Or She actually comes home and says "What a fucking idiot!

Dismayed Patriot
3.1.4  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Studiusbagus @3.1.3    2 months ago
She actually comes home and says "What a fucking idiot!

She comes home like a discouraged third grade teacher who just can't seem to reach the one school bully in her class who refuses to allow facts and knowledge interrupt his silver spoon fantasy life.

cjcold
3.1.5  cjcold  replied to  Tessylo @3.1    2 months ago

Unfortunately "pillow talk" is reserved for lovers and spies.

Tessylo
3.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  Studiusbagus @3.1.3    2 months ago

You're naughty!

My kind of guy!

jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpgjrSmiley_16_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_68_smiley_image.png

TᵢG
4  TᵢG    2 months ago

There are quite a few pathological liars among us.   It is a personality disorder, but not necessarily a psychological disease.

Here is my hypothesis on Trump:

Lying is despicable, but it is also an extremely convenient way to change the rules of reality in your favor.   If you have the means (as in authority) you can lie your way into a more convenient situation rather than play by the rules and compromise to reality.   (Playing by the rules - being honest - is a difficult way to operate.   One must want to be honest based on principles.)

Trump has been in a position of power his entire life.   He no doubt discovered early on that he need not play totally by the rules.   He can leverage his position to enable the tool of lying and thus get his way more expeditiously.   Given he apparently has no attribute of honesty in his character, I can easily see him wrapping his entire modus operandi around lying to get his way.

At his age, I really doubt he can even distinguish a lie from the truth.   He probably changes reality dynamically in his mind and then just tells the truth as he sees it.

I have a real problem with this individual and am embarrassed for the nation that we elected this scumbag to our highest political office.

igknorantzrulz
4.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  TᵢG @4    2 months ago
I have a real problem with this individual and am embarrassed for the nation that we elected this scumbag to our highest political office

Hear, Hear !

igknorantzrulz
4.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  TᵢG @4    2 months ago
here are quite a few pathological liars among us.   It is a personality disorder, but not necessarily a psychological disease.

what are your thoughts on Trumps' latest THREATS against America ?

This clown is sicker than you give him credit for, imho

cjcold
4.3  cjcold  replied to  TᵢG @4    2 months ago

Trump's parents sent him to military school because he was raping little girls. Seems military school didn't work.

cjcold
4.3.1  cjcold  replied to  cjcold @4.3    2 months ago

Trump still has the mind of a rapist.

Tessylo
4.3.2  Tessylo  replied to  cjcold @4.3    2 months ago

He has a penchant for little girls, his own daughter among them, I believe he's been doing her since she was around 12.

Ozzwald
4.3.3  Ozzwald  replied to  Tessylo @4.3.2    2 months ago
I believe he's been doing her since she was around 12.

Nah, he's scum, but I don't think even he is that big a scum.  However that doesn't mean he doesn't fantasize about it while paying someone else to actually bump uglies with him.

JohnRussell
5  JohnRussell    2 months ago
original
according to a new poll, dropping below 40 percent. The Gallup poll released Thursday showed Trump with a 39 percent approval rating, down from 43 percent in the second half of February.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bACK tO tHE fUTURE !

Trout Giggles
5.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @5    2 months ago

I was talking with a co-worker the other day who voted for trmp. He's an evangelical and real uptight. He's pissed at trmp because he had got a 3000 dollar tax bill this year when he got a refund last year.

He's got buyer's remorse. I don't think he's the only one, either

squiggy
5.2  squiggy  replied to  JohnRussell @5    2 months ago

You need another yardstick because by your metric, Trump's grade has fallen four points a week for the last twenty six months to his current forty percent.

Tacos!
6  Tacos!    2 months ago

Whatever side you're on, isn't it baffling that these two stay married?

squiggy
6.1  squiggy  replied to  Tacos! @6    2 months ago

It's gotta be smokin.

bbl-1
7  bbl-1    2 months ago

Trump's mental health isn't the issue.  The mental health of a sizable per cent of the electorate is the only issue.  Without them the Trump would be out there somewhere scamming every one of them.  Trump U for the MAGA bots.