╌>

Illegal immigrant with criminal history arrested in California woman's murder

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  gooseisgone  •  5 years ago  •  42 comments

Illegal immigrant with criminal history arrested in California woman's murder
We are not here nor should we be here to shield admitted gangsters or violent criminals regarded less of immigration status

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Sanctuary city policy gets someone else killed.

Article is LOCKED by moderator [smarty_function_ntUser_get_name: user_id or profile_id parameter required]
[]

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2  Dismayed Patriot    5 years ago

Imagine if you will, a giant bowl full of 200 million white M&M's. Now 3,060,000 of those white M&M's are infected, if they touch you they might rob, rape or kill you. Now someone illegally pours in 11 million brown M&M's into the bowl and 93,500 of them are also infected. So who should you be more afraid of, the 3 million infected white M&M's or the 93k infected brown M&M's?

Now I understand, some might say "Well we shouldn't have those brown M&M's in here at all! Why risk having those 93k infected brown M&M's?". To which most would agree, and they are a more visible group to fear amidst so many white M&M's, even though they are less likely to commit a crime than their fellow white M&M's. But doesn't that sound a bit unreasonable to any non-racist? To fear the brown ones just because they're more visible and easier to spot?

I could link to this site the daily crimes committed by white Americans, though it might take too long to scroll through them every day and everyone would get bored. Or I could post deceptive articles that make it seem like there is some epidemic of illegal immigrant murderers by cherry picking every crime one of them might commit to support an incompetent dumb shit Presidents ridiculous agenda in an effort to appease xenophobic bigots frightened of losing their "white culture".

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
2.1  arkpdx  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2    5 years ago

So for you it is OK that there are 100,000 or so extra criminals that have entered our country illegally or remain in the country illegally because there are more criminals that were born here and like it or not are citizens.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  arkpdx @2.1    5 years ago
So for you it is OK that there are 100,000 or so extra criminals that have entered our country illegally

Not at all. I just don't think there is any reason to be more afraid of them than any other natural born citizen. And to claim there is some emergency to get those 100k out while ignoring the 3 million citizens thieving, raping, murdering and selling illicit drugs seems idiotic at best. The real issue isn't those 100k for most xenophobes who shake in their boots at the browning of America and are the ones demanding a border wall, are the 11 million undocumented immigrants living here peacefully enjoying the stability and affluence of America. They just use the 100k that commit real crimes to paint the 11 million with the same broad brush Trump used when he called them all rapist, criminals and drug dealers.

So bigots will continue to claim there is a crisis on the border and we need a wall and that Democrats or liberals are somehow for illegal immigration if we oppose the wall. If that's the case then it must also be true that if one doesn't support a northern border wall then we are "for illegal immigration" because as Trump said, without a wall we don't have a country, right? If you don't believe we need to spend billions on a Canadian border wall, then you're as sensible as those who don't want to spend billions on more southern border wall.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
2.1.2  arkpdx  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.1.1    5 years ago
the 11 million undocumented immigrants living here peacefully

Those need to be gone also. They disrespect our laws and do not belong here. Let them go back where they came from and clean up the mess theree

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
2.1.3  arkpdx  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.1.1    5 years ago
ignoring the 3 million citizens thieving, raping, murdering and selling illicit drugs

Who is ignoring them? Groups like the FBI, US Marshals and state a nd local leos hunt them down and place the in prison where they belong. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.1.4  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  arkpdx @2.1.3    5 years ago
Who is ignoring them? Groups like the FBI, US Marshals and state a nd local leos hunt them down and place the in prison where they belong. 

No one is holding the government hostage to get billions of dollars to stop them as Trump has done for his boondoggle wall using the 100k as an excuse.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
2.1.5  arkpdx  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.1.4    5 years ago

No one is holding up funding to capture and incarcerate citizen criminals either

No one is saying that funding the measures to stop them are ineffective even though they voted for similar measures with pride when a president to their liking asked for them to

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.3  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2    5 years ago
I could link to this site the daily crimes committed by white Americans, though it might take too long to scroll through them every day and everyone would get bored. Or I could post deceptive articles that make it seem like there is some epidemic of illegal immigrant murderers by cherry picking every crime one of them might commit to support an incompetent dumb shit Presidents ridiculous agenda in an effort to appease xenophobic bigots frightened of losing their "white culture".

Or, you could just see that illegal aliens shouldn't be here to begin with, and policies that encourage them are stupid and wrong.

And not accuse everyone who would like to see immigration laws actually enforced without resorting to telling them what they want is wrong.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.3.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Texan1211 @2.3    5 years ago
And not accuse everyone who would like to see immigration laws actually enforced without resorting to telling them what they want is wrong.

Well maybe those who refuse to actually think about what they are asking for instead of just giving the knee jerk reaction of the average xenophobe, they might be able to weigh the cost benefit analysis. With the current border security money we have gotten border crossings down to a 40 year low. We spend about $4b a year on southern border security, up by $500 million from 2017, yet the number of border crossing stayed nearly the same even after increasing funding by more than 20%. And from all the studies done on the border wall, it would cost another $25 billion to complete the wall Trump has suggested and then another $2 billion a year to maintain it, yet no one believes the wall will stop 100% of border crossings, in fact most studies show it would have a negligible impact as it merely presents a 4 hr delay and will be as porous as storm grate. Even when alerted to a breach, many areas are so remote it would take a day to respond and just cost tax payers more money trying to patch up the holes that would appear daily.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.3.2  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.3.1    5 years ago
Well maybe those who refuse to actually think about what they are asking for instead of just giving the knee jerk reaction of the average xenophobe, they might be able to weigh the cost benefit analysis

I ask that immigration laws be enforced as written, or demand they be rewritten to satisfy those who wish to not follow the law.

But there you go again casting aspersions on someone, lots of someones, actually, because they DARE to want immigration law enforced.

let's see if you can make it through a post without name calling.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.3.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Texan1211 @2.3    5 years ago
Or, you could just see that illegal aliens shouldn't be here to begin with, and policies that encourage them are stupid and wrong.

I have never in any of my posts said they should all stay and we shouldn't care about our borders or the law. All I've ever pointed out is that a southern border wall is a really stupid idea. The cost benefit just doesn't add up for anyone but a bigoted xenophobe who puts more value of keeping out "brown people" than the cost benefit analysis would recommend.

I am all for a smart border and putting more money towards better border security that works, not a stupid vanity wall that's going to cost tens of billions to build and then billions more every year to maintain, all to stop a fraction of a fraction. 70% of illegal immigrants are here from overstaying their visas, not illegal border crossings. It makes no sense to spend 95% of your border security money on 30% of the problem knowing it will likely only stop 20-30% of the 30% coming across the southern border.

Some continually depict me as being for open borders, I am not. Some seem to imply I want illegal immigrants here in America. I do not. I simply understand that the issue really isn't that simple and largely involves the motivations for why people would risk life and limb to get here from the south. The fact is there are three main reasons for illegal immigration. First is of course financial opportunity, to get a job that pays far better than your home country. Second is physical safety. Many people are living under violent regimes, gangs or insurgents and they legitimately fear for their lives.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.3.6  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.3.3    5 years ago

I forgot to add the 3rd reason to my post, got rushed at work. Third is to reunite with family. We have many hundreds of thousands of legal immigrants living here with relatives still living south of the border.

So reduce the financial opportunities by cracking down on big business or make some migrant worker visa so they can still come here and work in the agriculture fields, make some money, pay taxes and then go home. It's either that or raising all our food costs by about 50%.

At the same time increase the number of courts hearing asylum cases so we don't have a back-log at the border. We have more than enough room for asylum seekers, the whole bullshit idea that America is at capacity is pure fiction. Let's continue to be the shining city on a hill, welcoming the tired, the poor, the huddled masses yearning to breathe free and not give in to the xenophobic protectionist fear often spouted by bigoted know nothings.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.3.7  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.3.3    5 years ago
I have never in any of my posts said they should all stay and we shouldn't care about our borders or the law. All I've ever pointed out is that a southern border wall is a really stupid idea. The cost benefit just doesn't add up for anyone but a bigoted xenophobe who puts more value of keeping out "brown people" than the cost benefit analysis would recommend.

Sorry, but the topic here isn't "Hate Trump". Maybe you could seed an article that you actually want to discuss instead of trying to derail this one.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
2.4  KDMichigan  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2    5 years ago

Typical of you to make excuses for this guy who was deported once for a felony, came back committed 6 more separate felonies, 6 different times a ICE detainer was ignored but all you can do is rant about everyone who doesn't think like you is a racist. Color me shocked....NOT.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.6  Tacos!  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2    5 years ago
3,060,000 of those white M&M's are infected, if they touch you they might rob, rape or kill you. Now someone illegally pours in 11 million brown M&M's into the bowl and 93,500 of them are also infected. So who should you be more afraid of,

It's not too complicated. I am more concerned about 3,153,500 criminals than I am about 3,060,000 criminals. And if I can easily prevent the extra 93,500 from entering society, I say that's worth doing. Citizen criminals require different handling because they are citizens.

If 11 million or so other people want to enter our society, I am happy to consider the merits of that decision. To decide on those people, I think it's important that we get basic information about them before they enter the country. If they are unwilling to respect that prudence, then I think the polite thing is for them to leave.

charger 383
Professor Silent
3  charger 383    5 years ago

[deleted]

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
3.1  Don Overton  replied to  charger 383 @3    5 years ago

removed for context

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4  Texan1211    5 years ago

Sadly, this is no longer shocking.

But hey, it is California, after all, and legal US citizens are simply not as important as illegal aliens, at least not in California.

Dumbasses in charge of the state should have fucking turned him over to ICE LONG ago, but nooooo, they have to pander to him instead. Bunch of horse's asses.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5  Texan1211    5 years ago

Why do US citizens continue to elect politicians who insist on endangering them by allowing, no, encouraging, illegal aliens to live amongst them with no regard to past criminal history?

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
5.1  Cerenkov  replied to  Texan1211 @5    5 years ago

Party before nation. They would stand on a hill of skulls to get one more term in office.

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
5.1.1  Don Overton  replied to  Cerenkov @5.1    5 years ago

You have republican politicians pegged

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6  Sean Treacy    5 years ago

Yet another preventable death on the hands of the open borders crowd.

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
6.1  Don Overton  replied to  Sean Treacy @6    5 years ago

Ignorance and racism before facts and truth

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7  Texan1211    5 years ago

The state of California, due to its insane policies, should be held at least partially responsible for any deaths at the hands of illegal aliens. Especially THIS case, where the guy was convicted multiple times and still encouraged to live freely in California.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
8  Jeremy Retired in NC    5 years ago

Has anybody else noticed that the Trump hating imbeciles are silent when it comes to illegals killing US Citizens?  

Dulay
Professor Expert
9  Dulay    5 years ago
Sanctuary city policy gets someone else killed.

What lead you to that conclusion? There is nothing in the article to support it. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @9    5 years ago

Perhaps the fact that he had multiple convictions and yet, California never turned him over to the feds?

Dulay
Professor Expert
9.1.1  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1    5 years ago
Perhaps the fact that he had multiple convictions and yet, California never turned him over to the feds?

That isn't a 'fact' cited in the article. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @9.1.1    5 years ago

From the article:

Garcia said when the results finally came in on Monday, police tracked down and arrested Carranza, who was on probation at the time of the murder.
Police located Larson’s phone and e-reader in the suspect’s possession.
“The suspect, Carlos Eduardo Arevalo Carranza , stalked this San Jose neighborhood and his victim. He is a San Jose transient … and is a self-admitant gang member.”
SOUTHERN BORDER AT ‘BREAKING POINT’ AFTER MORE THAN 76,000 ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS TRIED CROSSING IN FEBRUARY, OFFICIALS SAY
Garcia declined to name the gang but listed the extensive criminal history of Carranza, who had six separate detainer requests against him via Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).
According to Garcia, the suspect was detained by the Department of Homeland Security at the border in Texas and deported in 2013.
Two years later he was arrested and accused of possession of paraphernalia and convicted of burglary in San Jose. In 2016 he was arrested on charges of battery of an officer, resisting arrest and entering and occupying a property. That same year, in October, Carranza was arrested in Los Angeles on battery charges.
His final arrest before the murder of Larson was in January, on charges of possession of methamphetamine and paraphernalia.
Despite having six detainers placed on him by ICE, Carranza was never deported.
Garcia said at a press conference on Tuesday that his officers do not ask people their immigration status, and doing so in Carranza’s case would not have impacted the results.

Sometimes you just have to read a little.

Dulay
Professor Expert
9.1.3  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.2    5 years ago
Sometimes you just have to read a little.

Ya, now I've read that TWICE. It STILL doesn't say that California EVER failed to turn him over to the Feds. You're assuming. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
10  XXJefferson51    5 years ago

Great but sad seed.  Thanks for sharing it with us and showing the sheer lunacy and hypocrisy of my stupid state of Californication.  

Split Personality
Professor Guide
11  Split Personality    5 years ago

Locked, no seeder participation in over 2 days.