╌>

Rabbi: Leftists ‘Much More Dangerous’ to Jews Than KKK

Category:  Op/Ed

Via:  make-america-great-again  •  5 years ago  •  19 comments

Rabbi: Leftists ‘Much More Dangerous’ to Jews Than KKK
“There’s no question that Nancy Pelosi and all of the liberals are ready to condemn anti-Semitism if it comes from the Right or from conservatives, but they’ll never condemn it if it comes from their own house,” Spero said.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The National Conference of Jewish Affairs (NCJA) held a demonstration at U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s office on Thursday at 1 p.m. to protest her failure to discipline Rep. Ilhan Omar for repeatedly using anti-Semitic tropes or pass a clean resolution condemning anti-Semitism . Omar has a long history of controversial statements about Jews , jihadists and Catholic schoolboys .

Theologian and NCJA spokesman Rabbi Aryeh Spero’s group was also joined by supporters from the Middle Eastern Women’s Coalition (an anti-Islamist women’s rights group), the Middle East Research Center and Women for a Great America. The group of demonstrators were heckled by white counter-protesters from Code Pink, a radical anti-war group which supports dialogue with terrorist groups and boycotts of Israel.

“There’s no question that Nancy Pelosi and all of the liberals are ready to condemn anti-Semitism if it comes from the Right or from conservatives, but they’ll never condemn it if it comes from their own house,” Spero said.

Afterwards the group held a 3 p.m. press conference in front of the U.S. Capitol , where they were joined by Texas Republican Rep. Louie Gohmert. Spero hailed Gohmert as “the People’s congressman.” He also thanked Gohmert for his leadership in opposing the House Democrats’ recent anti-bigotry resolution, calling it a “sham.” A Code Pink protester carrying a pink bicycle tried to disrupt the assembly by walking into the crowd and shouting, but she left as Capitol Police started approaching.

Trending: IT’S HAPPENING: Fox News Pulls Judge Jeanine Off The Air

In an exclusive interview with Big League Politics, Spero blasted the tendency of Democrats to deflect criticism of Omar by invoking controversial statements by President Trump or Rep. Steve King:

“There’s no question that President Trump is not anti-Jewish, not anti-Semitic, not anti-Israel. He might have had a slip of the tongue or he framed something in such a way that it could be interpreted the wrong way. Omar is not a matter of misintepretation. This is part of a pattern… that’s what’s dangerous about it. This has been used in Europe and other places. What you do is you soil the image of Jews in the population by questioning their loyalty to the country. President Trump never did this.”

Spero also bristled at the notion that he should be more afraid of anti-Semitism from institutionally powerless figures on the Right than from elected members of Congress.

“[Antisemitism is] much more dangerous from the Left. Nobody accepts anybody from the KKK. These are marginalized people. Law enforcement knows exactly who these people are and they would not be allowed to do anything dangerous if the police found out beforehand.

“The Left gets away with it! It’s much more dangerous because the Left does all of its antisemitism and anti-Israelism in the name of social justice. The Left is far more powerful than a few KKK guys in some little enclave in southern Indiana or northern Mississippi. They’re in charge of the culture, the media, academia… the power is unbelievable.

“The biggest proof is that Omar, who’s considered to be from the Left, did what she did and said what she said yet she wasn’t even censured.”

The Ku Kux Klan was once a widespread, popular and politically-powerful white supremacist terrorist organization with as many as 4 million members. After decades of popular scorn sapping their numbers and successful civil suits wiping out their assets, The KKK is now estimated to have as little as 3,000 – 6,000 members nationally.

By contrast, the Nation of Islam (NOI) – a black supremacist anti-Semitic cult with a paramilitary arm – has an estimated 20,000 – 50,000 members. The NOI has published several books of conspiracy theories about Jews including “The Secret Relationship Between Blacks and Jews,” whose false claims that Jews were a driving force in the transatlantic slave trade have been condemned by the American Historical Association .

Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison, Omar’s predecessor, has faced withering scrutiny for his ties to the NOI  and so have the leaders of the Women’s March , an organization that Omar has refused to condemn despite widespread disavowals by feminists .

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1  seeder  XXJefferson51    5 years ago

“Spero also bristled at the notion that he should be more afraid of anti-Semitism from institutionally powerless figures on the Right than from elected members of Congress.

“[Antisemitism is] much more dangerous from the Left. Nobody accepts anybody from the KKK. These are marginalized people. Law enforcement knows exactly who these people are and they would not be allowed to do anything dangerous if the police found out beforehand.

“The Left gets away with it! It’s much more dangerous because the Left does all of its antisemitism and anti-Israelism in the name of social justice. The Left is far more powerful than a few KKK guys in some little enclave in southern Indiana or northern Mississippi. They’re in charge of the culture, the media, academia… the power is unbelievable.

“The biggest proof is that Omar, who’s considered to be from the Left, did what she did and said what she said yet she wasn’t even censured.””

JBB
Professor Principal
2  JBB    5 years ago

Nope, 98% of US domestic terror attacks were perpetrated by white nationalist...

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  JBB @2    5 years ago

Is that what the discredited SPLC which hired an outside auditor and fired its founder claims?  

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.1  JBB  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1    5 years ago

No! It is why that lying right wing rabbi is talking PURE D BULLSHIT...

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.3  bugsy  replied to    5 years ago
you would happily provide links and sources.

Aaaaaaaaaand...here we are..9 hours later...and crickets.

Not surprising.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.4  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  bugsy @2.1.3    5 years ago

🦗 🦗  🦗 are chirping away.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.5  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.4    5 years ago

Still waiting for proof of that 98% number... 

CB
Professor Principal
3  CB    5 years ago

Is this all we are? Or just a passing 'phase'? Each side saying and writing and doing dangerous things that go well beyond the pail of politics. Disturbing. It is not true that things can always be at level "10 of 10" all the time!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  CB @3    5 years ago

All I know is that in this case the rabbi is right.  He makes a lot of well made points that are 100% correct.  

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.1  CB  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1    5 years ago

I do not know if the Rabbi is right or wrong or lukewarm in this case. Nor, do I know much of anything about Congresswoman's Omar's record on speaking out, since she has just come to the forefront nationally.

What does affect me is the heaping up to the sides of people deserting the art of compromise and free association. What Speaker Pelosi passed in the House regarding hate seems fair to me from where I stand. Let's all reevaluate what we are saying to one another and the power of the spoken word. This notion that we have an adversarial form of government never was intended to have the extremes of government forces sparking against one another without the 'fluid' of the moderates in-between.

We need to bring back the moderate politicians in Congress, en masse. Such individuals, "yech" at them, turn up the nose if you must, but we all should know what happens to an engine without oil in it! (It grinds to a halt!)

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2  Sparty On  replied to  CB @3    5 years ago

This is nothing new really but we get do bombarded by it at a much greater frequency and intensity in this age internet information.   Use to be you had to wait for the evening news or tomorrows paper to get your news.   Now its instantaneous and plentiful.   Giving the fundamentalists on both sides  the perfect venue to spew their hateful rhetoric.

Yeah, i thing we've always had the haters on both sides.   The ones who love to hear themselves talk but today they have SOOOO many more options to get their message out.   Its getting more and more important each day to cast a critical eye on everything you see and read in the media these days.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
3.2.1  katrix  replied to  Sparty On @3.2    5 years ago

I'm not a fan of the 24 hour news cycle.  It has its good points, but since there's not enough real news to post 24/7, we get lots of crap.  Same with the weather channel.  They make a chance of flurries sound as though we're all going to die.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.2  Sparty On  replied to  katrix @3.2.1    5 years ago

Lol yeah, you know you're all that and a bag of chips when they start naming winter storms ...... if only we can make it past all the "polar vortex's" ..... maybe we have a chance ....

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
3.3  KDMichigan  replied to  CB @3    5 years ago
Each side saying and writing and doing dangerous things that go well beyond the pail of politics. Disturbing.

I missed your comments on the far right groups coded language seed  where the seeder starts out accusing Perrie of harboring the numerous Far right fascist that post on NT

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.3.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  KDMichigan @3.3    5 years ago

Yes, I remember, team red.  I wonder where they place me on that list? 

CB
Professor Principal
3.3.2  CB  replied to  KDMichigan @3.3    5 years ago

I think I may know what you are referring to. What you have to understand is I read a lot of threads here and choose to pass on many which I take no stand on. That may be similar to you and others of your viewpoint as well?

Now to be clear, I am a liberal who believes in diversity. That is, we all should be able to get along on this big plot of land (U.S. A.) together. In peace. Our national strength is not our sameness; it is our university: unity in diversity. Same for the digitized 'region' of NT.

That said, in @3, I was actually only making comment about Washington, "D.C." politicians and the representative states.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.3.3  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  CB @3.3.2    5 years ago

with regard to your middle paragraph above, I generally agree. This is why we need the federal government to be less powerful and the states more so so that the feds can’t so overwhelm with one size fits all solutions to impose on everyone regardless of whether the left or right has the most power at the federal level.  Then people in liberal or conservative states could live more like each want to do.  Within states, local cities and counties should have similar leeway if not the same as their state majority.  Like Austin might want to be different from Amarillo and Redding might want to be different from Berkeley.  

CB
Professor Principal
3.3.4  CB  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.3.3    5 years ago

I have a problem with that kind of diversity; because it tends to segregate people into component pockets where they never 'group' or even have to see people not like themselves. In the past, in practice, what that does generationally is teach people not to trust 'the funny looking 'mystery' guy or gal' one or two towns over. It sets people to have faux competitive races where no race would be better. It cause people to lie to each other for they can leave and never see 'those kinds of people" again. Forgetting that we are all Americans. Many more such failing of culture and society occur. Lastly, and this is the worse, law enforcement feels empowered at the sheriff level to protect not the public, but a local 'code' which is never known by its "propers" by outsiders. To wit, people get jailed, injured, and murdered all over not knowing the 'code.'

Therefore, the diversity I speak of is us all tolerating the legal aspects of our lives together as blended pot of differences gelling together. Something like that, I guess. It's been a long day. So I guess I got this out right.