╌>

MSNBC’s Chris Matthews livid over Mueller report: ‘How could they let Trump off the hook?’

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  make-america-great-again  •  5 years ago  •  120 comments

MSNBC’s Chris Matthews livid over Mueller report: ‘How could they let Trump off the hook?’
“Well, that’s the conclusion in front of us,” Dilanian told Matthews. “All of that stuff was suggestive, it didn’t prove anything.” “Why was there never an interrogation of this president?” Matthews shot back. “We were told for weeks by experts, ‘You cannot deal with an obstruction-of-justice charge or investigation without getting the motive… How could they let Trump off the hook?...

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

MSNBC host Chris Matthews expressed outrage on Friday upon hearing reports that Special Counsel Robert Mueller had completed his Russia investigation and submitted it to the attorney general -- with further indictments not expected.

Matthews began his show by summarizing the breaking news, but stressed that Mueller handed his report to the Department of Justice “without ever directly interviewing the president of the United States.”

“That means no charges against the president, his children or his associates after all those meetings with the Russians,” a visibly upset Matthews told his viewers.

The liberal cable news host opened the discussion to the panel, telling them his “biggest question” was “How can the president be pointed to as leading collusion with Russia, aiding a Russian conspiracy to interfere with our elections if none of his henchmen, none of his children, none of his associates have been indicted?”

NBC News national security reporter Ken Dilanian responded by telling Matthews that Trump couldn’t be indicted “in a criminal sense” since Mueller’s office “didn’t have it,” adding that the president “couldn’t conspire with himself.”

“Maybe he missed the boat here,” Matthews responded. “Because we know about the Trump Tower meeting in June 2016, we know about the meeting at the cigar bar with Kilimnik. My God, we know about all of those meetings with Kislyak at the Republican convention in Cleveland. All these dots we’re now to believe don’t connect.”

“Well, that’s the conclusion in front of us,” Dilanian told Matthews. “All of that stuff was suggestive, it didn’t prove anything.”

“Why was there never an interrogation of this president?” Matthews shot back. “We were told for weeks by experts, ‘You cannot deal with an obstruction-of-justice charge or investigation without getting the motive… How could they let Trump off the hook?... He will not be charged with obstruction of justice or collusion without having to sit down with the Special Counsel Mueller and answer his damn questions. How could that happen?”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1  seeder  XXJefferson51    5 years ago

““That means no charges against the president, his children or his associates after all those meetings with the Russians,” a visibly upset Matthews told his viewers.

The liberal cable news host opened the discussion to the panel, telling them his “biggest question” was “How can the president be pointed to as leading collusion with Russia, aiding a Russian conspiracy to interfere with our elections if none of his henchmen, none of his children, none of his associates have been indicted?”

NBC News national security reporter Ken Dilanian responded by telling Matthews that Trump couldn’t be indicted “in a criminal sense” since Mueller’s office “didn’t have it,” adding that the president “couldn’t conspire with himself.”

“Maybe he missed the boat here,” Matthews responded. “Because we know about the Trump Tower meeting in June 2016, we know about the meeting at the cigar bar with Kilimnik. My God, we know about all of those meetings with Kislyak at the Republican convention in Cleveland. All these dots we’re now to believe don’t connect.”

CLICK HERE FOR THE FOX NEWS APP

“Well, that’s the conclusion in front of us,” Dilanian told Matthews. “All of that stuff was suggestive, it didn’t prove anything.””

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
2  Cerenkov    5 years ago

Looks like the witch hunt failed to manufacture any collusion. Shocking. I expect the liberal tears to be invigorating. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Cerenkov @2    5 years ago

I am ready to be invigorated by their whiny 😫 tears 😭.  Let the showers commence.  Poor Chris Matthews! jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3  Tacos!    5 years ago
Maybe he missed the boat here,” Matthews responded. “Because we know . . . 

Well, maybe - just maybe - you don't actually know all the stuff you think you know. Every night for two years, these guys have run the thinnest stories. Some unnamed source talked to a guy who believes X and Y might be true because . . . feelings. That's not journalism or investigation. It's gossip. And when they run a story like that on Monday, they run a different one on Tuesday, and cite the Monday story/gossip-fest as corroboration.

These "journalists" have spent two years raising their eyebrows, nodding, harrumphing, and saying this suggests that. None of it means anything and now they're monumentally butthurt that the independent investigation they demanded and then lionized failed to produce the results they predicted were inevitable. We may never see a brighter example of leftist bias in the media.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tacos! @3    5 years ago

You are absolutely right.  The left bias of the msm is overwhelming and obvious to all objective observers.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tacos! @3    5 years ago

I wonder if Matthews felt that tingle running up his leg at this news?  

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
5  The Magic 8 Ball    5 years ago

fabricating evidence to take down a presidential candidate / sitting president.

those people will not be allowed to just walk away from that.   

welcome to the show...

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6  It Is ME    5 years ago

What does Chris Matthews Know, and when did he know it ? jrSmiley_26_smiley_image.gif

I think The Democrats should investigate. jrSmiley_34_smiley_image.gif

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
7  Jasper2529    5 years ago

In the article's video, Matthews gave new meaning to "spitting mad". Poor thing was probably hoping to get a journalism award for repeatedly reporting on fake news "collusion". Ha ha ha!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Jasper2529 @7    5 years ago

https://youtu.be/IkbRvpIMwoM

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
9  Rmando    5 years ago

The Dems are spinning this bad news so hard I need to take Dramamine just to not get dizzy.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
9.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Rmando @9    5 years ago

Maybe we could get them some toy tops to play with as they chomp on their pacifiers...jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
11  Jasper2529    5 years ago

I've been flipping between MSNBC and CNN. Their guests moved the goal posts again and want to investigate Mueller, because they're not sure he'll tell the truth. Weren't they sure that he was trustworthy a few months ago?

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
12  Cerenkov    5 years ago

Anyone tired of winning, yet?

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
13  bbl-1    5 years ago

The Trump is not 'off the hook.'

Mueller has set the hook.  The truth and the downfall of the Trump fast approaches.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
13.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  bbl-1 @13    5 years ago

Talk about spinning rather than winning...jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
13.1.1  Cerenkov  replied to  XXJefferson51 @13.1    5 years ago

The delusion persists with some! Lol!

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
13.1.2  bbl-1  replied to  XXJefferson51 @13.1    5 years ago

Trump is very lucky.  The Special Council only investigated Russia matters, of which we are yet to learn.

Clinton, investigated by Starr, was ordered by the court to have his penis photographed and entered into evidence.  Now that is a proctology of an investigation. 

Mueller followed the rules made for The Special Council.  Starr had no rules.  What would it be like to have the Trump investigated by someone without any parameters such as Clinton was?  I would really like to know.  The Stormy thing and all.  You know.  Imagine, "Stormy said your 'pecker' had this identifying mark."  The court orders you to submit for photographic evidence of your penis Mr. President.   

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
13.1.3  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  bbl-1 @13.1.2    5 years ago

The rules were changed after democrats agreed to change them when Clinton was subjected to what they’d done to Reagan and Bush 41.  

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
13.1.4  bbl-1  replied to  XXJefferson51 @13.1.3    5 years ago

No.  You are wrong.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
13.1.5  Cerenkov  replied to  XXJefferson51 @13.1.3    5 years ago

They have to keep moving the goalposts, don't they? Lol.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
13.1.6  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  bbl-1 @13.1.4    5 years ago

No, I’m not.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
13.1.7  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Cerenkov @13.1.5    5 years ago

Yep, they sure do! jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
13.3  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  bbl-1 @13    5 years ago

See below.....

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
14  seeder  XXJefferson51    5 years ago

watching msnbc last night was almost as fun as watching the final hour of election coverage there in November 2016. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/clinton-election-day-party-turns-sour-trump-win-draws-article-1.2865196%3FoutputType%3Damp                

Supporters watch the election results during Hillary Clinton's rally in the Jacob Javits Center in New York on Tuesday. (Matt Rourke/AP)

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
14.1  Studiusbagus  replied to  XXJefferson51 @14    5 years ago

This must be one of those times when off topic is a-okay with you.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
14.1.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Studiusbagus @14.1    5 years ago

There is a correlation bewtween the way democrats felt that night and this weekend.  

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
14.1.2  Studiusbagus  replied to  XXJefferson51 @14.1.1    5 years ago

Bullshit. You went off topic and it stayed. 

I went off topic and you tried to get other people to flag my comment because you lost your flagging ability from abuse.

Nice try.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
14.1.3  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Studiusbagus @14.1.2    5 years ago

I didn’t abuse anything.  It’s all about the pro liberal bias here.  

luther28
Sophomore Silent
15  luther28    5 years ago

Unless I've missed something, the only folks who know anything regarding the actual content of the report at this juncture are Misters Barr and Mueller.

I'll hold my boo hoos and yippees until later.

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
15.1  tomwcraig  replied to  luther28 @15    5 years ago

Actually, Mueller and his team know what is in the report along with Barr and maybe Rosenstein.  But, I stand by my prediction that what we will see is a report that has 90% of the names and anything dealing with Trump blacked out due to DOJ rules regarding those not indicted.

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
17  Studiusbagus    5 years ago

Hmm... Barr hasn't released the report, and Mueller has gotten his small fish. Hence, no more indictments expected from him.

Nobody knows the final details or reccomendation from Mueller and so many are already claiming victory base on Mathews and his hissy fit.

I think I'll wait until the public disclosure to dance or cry.

The one I'm waiting for is the NYS investigation.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
17.1  Cerenkov  replied to  Studiusbagus @17    5 years ago

Which witch hunt will you be counting on after that? 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
17.1.1  bbl-1  replied to  Cerenkov @17.1    5 years ago

The dirty money and the hundreds of thousands the Trumps' cheated and stole from is always right behind the Trumps.  A lot of people would like the have a 'piece of them' just for the revenge.  I think they're going to get it too.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
18  seeder  XXJefferson51    5 years ago

....Attorney General William Barr on Sunday released the "principal conclusions" of Special Counsel Robert Mueller's completed Russia probe in a four-page letter to Capitol Hill lawmakers, which stated definitively that Mueller did not establish evidence that President Trump's team or any associates of the Trump campaign had conspired with Russia -- "despite multiple offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign."

"The Special Counsel did not find that any U.S. person or Trump campaign official or associate conspired or knowingly coordinated" with Russians who hacked computers belonging to the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and Hillary Clinton, according to Barr's letter.

Additionally, according to Barr's letter, ""The special counsel's investigation did not find that the Trump campaign or anyone associated with it conspired or coordinated with Russia in its effort" to interfere with the 2016 presidential election using a disinformation campaign, according to Mueller's report.

For Trump, who has tweeted more than 230 times that he and his team did not collude with Russians, the moment amounted to a near-total vindication.....https://www.foxnews.com/politics/barr-releases-letter-summarizing-muellers-key-findings-after-long-running-russia-probe

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
18.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  XXJefferson51 @18    5 years ago

Read it and weep Chris Matthews and Rachel Maddow. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
19  Sean Treacy    5 years ago

The truly sad part will be watching those who pushed the "Big Lie" of collusion simply pretend it never happened. The last two years will get flushed down the memory hole. 

There will be no lessons learned by the media and no repercussions for their unprecedented attack on a President. 

The CNNs of the world will simply find another angle to wage their partisan war. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
19.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sean Treacy @19    5 years ago

The AG could appoint a Mueller like figure to investigate all the run up to this and possibly indict people.  The IG Horowitz could well uncover more about the deep state and their attempted coup as well.  

bugsy
Professor Participates
19.2  bugsy  replied to  Sean Treacy @19    5 years ago

I just watched Morning Joe say that we should be happy that there were no findings of collusion or conspiracy, laughing at his dumb ass that for 2 years he and his ugly assed wife screamed that Trump is guilty as hell, off his rocker and they can't wait until the Mueller probe is done so they can watch the Trump family goose stepped to prison.

Liberals are moving goal post after goal post, now hoping that the loons of the New York and Eastern Virginia districts FIND something. Not prosecute something they KNOW happened, but FIND something.

Loony Nadler is saying the Mueller probe was not allowed to go into certain places, but we all know they went everywhere, otherwise they probably would never had known about what Mannafort had done, or what Cohen had done. The Mueller gang of angry Democrats are the ones that forwarded those accusations to the other jurisdictions. There was no where Mueller did not go.

If loony Nadler subpoenas Barr or Mueller, I hope they tell him to fuck off. They need to.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
19.2.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  bugsy @19.2    5 years ago

Nadler is an unnatural act in person.  

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
19.3  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Sean Treacy @19    5 years ago
simply pretend it never happened. The last two years will get flushed down the memory hole.

not a chance.

people will be made an example of to prevent this from happening again.

nobody just walks away from this - count on it.

cheers :)

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
19.3.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @19.3    5 years ago

I hope you are right.  

lib50
Professor Silent
19.3.2  lib50  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @19.3    5 years ago

Until the report is seen by more than Barr and Rosenstein, this is just Trumpspin.   Don't believe Barr's four pages of spin prove anything except how far the right will go to protect someone like Trump, who will end up going down for his money misdeeds.  And Russia is STILL helping Trump whether we can prove Trump is guilty or not. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
19.3.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  lib50 @19.3.2    5 years ago
Until the report is seen by more than Barr and Rosenstein,

Mueller truthers believe Mueller and his Democratic staff are in on the conspiracy now too.  

lib50
Professor Silent
19.3.4  lib50  replied to  Sean Treacy @19.3.3    5 years ago

Nope, just waiting for more than a little spin summary.  Nobody has seen anything else yet, how can anybody know?  Barr doesn't count.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
19.3.5  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  XXJefferson51 @19.3.1    5 years ago
I hope you are right.

no worries, at this point it can not be stopped.

• abuse of power
  • sedition,
  • treason.

cheers :)

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
19.3.6  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sean Treacy @19.3.3    5 years ago

Yep.  Everything that breaks in the favor of truth and our President is a giant conspiracy against the democrat party. 

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
19.3.7  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  lib50 @19.3.2    5 years ago
Don't believe Barr's four pages of spin prove anything 

I'm fairly sure no one of importance is waiting for you to give them the all clear on this. so we will just move along as if ya said nothing at all and go after the people who tried to frame trump.

about 2 yrs ago I told you this day would come.  are ya having fun yet?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
19.3.8  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @19.3.1    5 years ago
'I hope you are right.' 

No he is wrong, as usual.  

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
19.3.9  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Tessylo @19.3.8    5 years ago

you are funny...

like last season, this season im batting 1000 and  your still batting ZERO

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
19.3.10  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @19.3.9    5 years ago

The Dems are butt hurt that there was no collusion on the part of Trump or his campaign.  They were so hoping that the President of the United States 🇺🇸 of America was actually an asset of Russian intelligence agencies. 

Iamak47
Freshman Silent
19.4  Iamak47  replied to  Sean Treacy @19    5 years ago
The last two years will get flushed down the memory hole

I think the last 2 years will age like a fine wine.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
19.4.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Iamak47 @19.4    5 years ago

More tax cuts please!!

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
20  The Magic 8 Ball    5 years ago
‘How Could They Let Trump Off The Hook?’

we required more room on the hook for obamas administration.

I have always wondered when secret service protection starts feeling like prison guards.

only time can tell :)

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
21  JohnRussell    5 years ago

How can an article that has been on the board for 6 days , with only 90 comments in that time, be currently "trending" on NT?

I just noticed that this seed is at the top of the "trending" list. Maybe some adjustments are in order.  Just sayin.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
21.1  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @21    5 years ago

In my opinion we should be encouraging a continuous seeding of articles, not belaboring seeds from a week ago. If you have a new insight, post it as a new article on the same topic.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
21.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to    5 years ago

Coming from someone who has never seed anything, that is some irony. If it was up to you everyone would be commenting on articles that are 5 years old.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
21.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @21.1.2    5 years ago
If it was up to you everyone would be commenting on articles that are 5 years old.

Really? Why not prove that then?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
21.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  Release The Kraken @21.1.4    5 years ago
'm looking for your hit article to bump, "Hillary has a 107% chance of winning".

"t might be right next to the one article "Trump Has No Path to 270'

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
21.1.6  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @21.1    5 years ago

Why?  This was a major story about the contentious Mueller findings at the time.  What exactly is new until the middle of next month when Mueller and Barr are done with preparing the material for what can be released to congress and the public?  Why clutter the front page with 30 articles about the same general topic unless one has a particular perspective on the story they want to single in on.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
21.1.7  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @21.1.5    5 years ago

you mean that Hillary had only a 107% chance to be elected President and that Trump had no path to 270 electoral votes and yet the underdog won anyway?  Oh, poor Hillary!  She and Obama got so mad that once their insurance policy failed to cover them they went all in with their coup attempt in order to try to keep their actions covered up and swept under the rug. 

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
21.2  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  JohnRussell @21    5 years ago

you do not get to control the narrative john.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
21.2.1  JohnRussell  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @21.2    5 years ago
chit chatting over a week old article is not the way to get more participation on the site.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
21.2.2  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @21.2.1    5 years ago

and it certainly doesnt belong on a list of "trending" articles

Texan1211
Professor Principal
21.2.4  Texan1211  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @21.2    5 years ago
you do not get to control the narrative

Some are never happy unless an article falls under the "I Hate Trump" banner

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
21.2.5  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  JohnRussell @21.2.1    5 years ago
chit chatting over a week old article

we will be discussing the lefts failed coup attempt for the next 2yrs solid. (actually, a lot longer than that)

buckle up :)

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
21.2.6  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @21.2.4    5 years ago

That is the way of the left.  Turn an exoneration into an attack anyway.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
21.2.7  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @21.2.1    5 years ago

why not?  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
21.2.8  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @21.2.5    5 years ago

That is the bottom line.  We are not letting go of this until the perps are frog marched to be locked 🔒 up in prison.  

pat wilson
Professor Participates
21.2.9  pat wilson  replied to  XXJefferson51 @21.2.8    5 years ago
until the perps are frog marched to be locked 🔒 up

That'll happen right around the time Jefferson becomes a state.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
21.2.10  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  pat wilson @21.2.9    5 years ago

That must mean it will happen pretty soon! jrSmiley_24_smiley_image.gif

pat wilson
Professor Participates
21.2.11  pat wilson  replied to  XXJefferson51 @21.2.10    5 years ago

I won't hold my breath or buy you green bananas.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
21.2.12  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  pat wilson @21.2.11    5 years ago

I would not be surprised if some deep state slime balls are prosecuted for their role in creating the Trump collusion hoax.  

pat wilson
Professor Participates
21.2.13  pat wilson  replied to  XXJefferson51 @21.2.12    5 years ago

[delete]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
21.2.14  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @21.2.2    5 years ago

Actually, it does.  Let’s not have petty jealousies cloud judgement regarding the superior nature of my seeds and posts here.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
21.2.15  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @21.2.4    5 years ago

He wants all articles present on the top of the front page to be of the I hate Trump nature. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
23  Split Personality    5 years ago

Locked, seeder hasn't been here for days

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
23.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Split Personality @23    5 years ago

Someone forgot 4.1.10