╌>

CHUCK SCHUMER CALLED ‘SHM*CK SCHUMER' BY CALI. ARAB-AMERICAN CAUCUS CHAIR

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  5 years ago  •  16 comments

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Arab-American Democrat from California slams Senator Chuck Schumer with a Yiddish slur over his alleged loyalty to the ‘fascist Israel lobby.’

Senator Charles Schumer (D-NY) speaks after a vote on legislation for funding the Department of Homeland Security on Capitol Hill in Washington. (photo credit: REUTERS)

Chairman of the Arab American Caucus of the Californian Democratic Party Iyad Afalqa slammed Democratic Senator Chuck Schumer on social media, calling him a “shm*ck”, a “traitor” and belonging to a “fascist Israel lobby,”   the Jewish Journal reported.

The original Facebook post in which Afalqa made the comments has since been removed.

The attack came after a speech by Schumer on Tuesday at AIPAC in which he said Democrats must “call out” when people say Jewish-Americans who support Israel are “not loyal to America,” as well as cases when people say there are some “very fine people” in a neo-Nazi rally.

Schumer was referring to comments made  by Rep. Ilhan Omar  and  US President Donald Trump .

In his post, Afalqa raged against the comparison between Omar and Trump, saying: “Shm*ck Schumer the traitor whose allegiance is for Fascist Israel lobby who called himself the Guardian of Israel in Congress is attacking Rep Omar who hinted at the big elephant in the room: treason of the Fascist Israel lobby that Schumer belongs to.”

He also claimed that the “highest amount” of money from this “pro-Israel lobby” was given to Schumer to aid in his election campaign.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

And so as I predicted, the "rotten apple in the basket" has spread its rot from Omar to others among Democratic lawmakers.  Obviously they believe in Goebbles' theory that if you tell an antisemitic trope often enough it will stick.  Now Schumer has been accused of being a traitor and being bought by AIPAC - exactly the same as A COUPLE of Omar's antisemitic accusations. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    5 years ago

Schmuck may be an anti-Jewish slur but if Schumer's name wasn't Chuck I doubt if the guy would have used it. 

Buzz, is it possible for anyone to oppose AIPAC without being anti-semitic, in your view? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @2    5 years ago

I have on rare occasion called non-Jews "schmuck" by the way. I wasnt really aware it is an anti-Yiddish slur,

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    5 years ago
"I have on rare occasion called non-Jews "schmuck" by the way. I wasnt really aware it is an anti-Yiddish slur,"

It isn't an "anti-Yiddish" slur, it's a Yiddish slur.

luther28
Sophomore Silent
2.1.2  luther28  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.1    5 years ago

For which I was ticketed here for using:) Nice to see that Yiddish is still alive, well and still understood by some.

In my opinion putz would have been more appropriate:)

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.3  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  luther28 @2.1.2    5 years ago

The Ultra-Orthodox Jews converse in Yiddish.

Some people might think that "putz" is a golf term.  LOL

luther28
Sophomore Silent
2.1.4  luther28  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.3    5 years ago

But we know better:)

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @2    5 years ago
Schmuck may be an anti-Jewish slur but if Schumer's name wasn't Chuck I doubt if the guy would have used it.

Sure. Right. Which must be why he followed with this:

In his post, Afalqa raged against the comparison between Omar and Trump, saying: “Shm*ck Schumer the traitor whose allegiance is for Fascist Israel lobby who called himself the Guardian of Israel in Congress is attacking Rep Omar who hinted at the big elephant in the room: treason of the Fascist Israel lobby that Schumer belongs to.”

Of course, some will claim that is perfectly acceptable. Because some hate Jews.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.2.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @2.2    5 years ago

Exactly and the anti semitism and the bashing of AIPAC in the current democrat party base are going to drive pro Israel 🇮🇱 American Jews right out the Jexodus door and directly to the GOP.  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.2.2  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.2.1    5 years ago

Although Jews are generally liberal-minded, and their tendency has always been to vote Democratic, it will be interesting to see the results at the next election because of what is festering in the Democratic Party.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.2.4  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  XDm9mm @2.2.3    5 years ago

Most Jews of the Reform and Conservative movements (which I believe form the greater majority of American Jews) prefer a more liberal form of Judaism, and have already as shown by that choice tend to be more liberal philosophically, so it is entirely natural that they would vote for and support a more liberal party. However, I guess there is a learning curve involved in coming to the realization of what is better for them in the long run.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.2.6  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  XDm9mm @2.2.5    5 years ago

Her father and brother obviously saw the "Light......Unto the Nations". 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.3  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @2    5 years ago

Well, then he probably would have called Schumer what the word means - "prick".  Either way it's not exactly the way decent people, especially those in authority, should address each other, unless you feel it's okay because you're a liberal Democrat.

Of course it's possible to oppose AIPAC and what they do, provided AIPAC is not being held to a double standard, but that's not what Alfaqa did, so you are just trying to diffuse or deflect the issue - nice try, John.  Alfaqa called AIPAC "Fascist" and "treasonous" and do you agree with him?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.3.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.3    5 years ago

LOL.  I don't expect John to answer that question.....  jrSmiley_54_smiley_image.gif