╌>

'So much evil, Mommy, those poor babies'

Category:  Op/Ed

Via:  make-america-great-again  •  5 years ago  •  173 comments

'So much evil, Mommy, those poor babies'
The deeply moving pro-life movie Unplanned opened in theaters this weekend to great box office success – but that only tells you so much. It's the testimonies of the viewers which are so powerful.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The deeply moving pro-life movie Unplanned opened in theaters this weekend to great box office success – but that only tells you so much. It's the testimonies of the viewers which are so powerful.

Have you seen the movie 'Unplanned' yet?

To the surprise (and consternation) of Hollywood, Unplanned   opened to more than $6 million in box office receipts, finishing #5 in the nation. And it did this while opening in less than 1,100 theaters nationwide.

More importantly, this powerful, pro-life movie that exposes the evil of Planned Parenthood and the abortion industry is making a powerful impact on its viewers. This could truly be a major game-changer in the days ahead. ( Official movie website )

Not that the left didn't try hard to stop the film from getting out of the gate, let alone succeeding.

Lead actress Ashley Bratcher (left) was warned that she was "probably gonna be blacklisted" by Hollywood if she took the role. ( See related article )

The Hollywood Reporter notes that, "Lifetime, Hallmark Channel, HGTV and several other cable networks" rejected advertising for the movie.

I've heard of theaters that dropped the movie before its release, only to reinstate it after protests.

Then there was the ridiculous R-rating the movie was saddled with, without possible justification. ( See related article )

And over the weekend, Twitter temporarily suspended the movie's account, only to restore it a few hours later after a storm of protests. (Can anyone tell me any possible rationale, other than sheer, anti-life bigotry, for shutting down this account?) Then, once the account was restored, more than 100,000 followers realized they were no longer listed on the account. This is beyond suspicious.

And still, despite all this opposition (and more ) the movie brought in more than $6 million in the first weekend, more than doubling prior estimates .

It's also quite revealing that, on Rotten Tomatoes , critics (15 so far) have given Unplanned a rating of 53, while viewers (1,996 at present) have given it a score of 94. Right now, that makes Unplanned the highest viewer-rated movie of all new releases, way ahead of Dumbo and Captain Marvel , both of which have viewer ratings of 60. It's even doing better than How to Train Your Dragon , at 88.

But these ratings only tell you so much. It's the testimonies of the viewers which are so powerful.

One man posted this on my Facebook page : "I had tears throughout the movie. Got to my car and really broke down. Thank you God that you are allowing people to see your side of this issue."

A woman wrote: "I cried through so much of this movie. I don't understand how people can continue to justify the killing of the unborn. I walked out of this movie with the conviction to get involved in crisis pregnancy assistance ASAP."

Another said this: "I couldn't stop crying and at one point wanted to wail and pray. I had to force myself to get it together."

And another: "Within the first ten minutes I was sobbing as was the lady sitting beside me. I know what happens with an abortion but seeing it was powerful. If I weren't already pro-life I would be after watching this movie."

A mother posted this: "I took my 16 year old and she was greatly impacted. She had no strong opinion on abortion until she saw this movie. I'm taking my 11 year old to see it next."

And one viewer commented, "I was overcome by the strong message of grace and forgiveness."

One viewer after another described the powerful impact of Unplanned, with many feeling the need to get involved in the pro-life movement now.

But the comment that moved me most was this one, from another mother who went with her daughter. Her own story is compelling as well. Read this and weep:

"Wow what a movie! I went to see it with my 11yrs old daughter Bella. I was reluctant at first to take her, I prayed about it and got the green light from The Holy Spirit. Yet there were scenes where she covered her eyes, she was glad she saw it too. At the end she hugged me so tight, started crying uncontrollably and said 'So much evil mommy, those poor babies. Everyone needs to see this movie.'

"She is also one of those babies who got saved by prayer. I was one of those women who had an appointment to murder my baby when I was 12weeks with her, but cancel the appointment hours prior doing 'the procedure' at a clinic here in Houston..."

May God have mercy on our nation. May He turn the tide in our country. May He act on behalf of more than 60 million slain in the womb.

And so we pray, "So much evil, Lord! These poor babies! Help us to do our part to awaken the conscience of the nation. We beseech You, Father, to change hearts and minds. It's time!"

Dr. Michael Brown is the host of the nationally syndicated  Line of Fire  radio program.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1  seeder  XXJefferson51    5 years ago

“this powerful, pro-life movie that exposes the evil of Planned Parenthood and the abortion industry is making a powerful impact on its viewers. This could truly be a major game-changer in the days ahead. (Official movie website)

Not that the left didn't try hard to stop the film from getting out of the gate, let alone succeeding.

Lead actress Ashley Bratcher (left) was warned that she was "probably gonna be blacklisted" by Hollywood if she took the role. (See related article)

The Hollywood Reporter notes that, "Lifetime, Hallmark Channel, HGTV and several other cable networks" rejected advertising for the movie.

I've heard of theaters that dropped the movie before its release, only to reinstate it after protests.

Then there was the ridiculous R-ratingthe movie was saddled with, without possible justification. (See related article)

And over the weekend, Twitter temporarily suspended the movie's account, only to restore it a few hours later after a storm of protests. (Can anyone tell me any possible rationale, other than sheer, anti-life bigotry, for shutting down this account?) Then, once the account was restored, more than 100,000 followers realized they were no longer listed on the account. This is beyond suspicious.

And still, despite all this opposition (and more) the movie brought in more than $6 million in the first weekend, more than doubling prior estimates.

It's also quite revealing that, on Rotten Tomatoes, critics (15 so far) have given Unplanned a rating of 53, while viewers (1,996 at present) have given it a score of 94. Right now, that makes Unplanned the highest viewer-rated movie of all new releases, way ahead of Dumbo and Captain Marvel, both of which have viewer ratings of 60. It's even doing better than How to Train Your Dragon, at 88.

But these ratings only tell you so much. It's the testimonies of the viewers which are so powerful.”

volfan
Freshman Silent
2  volfan    5 years ago

I went and watched it with some teenage girls over the weekend...we were all in tears. It was very powerful and moving. Love, hate, evil, guilt, and ultimately, redemption - all rolled into one amazing movie.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  volfan @2    5 years ago

It’s shocking to note the extent that the pro abortion secular progressive left in media, Hollywood, internet, etc. has gone to try to prevent the movie from being made, then from being distributed, then from being promoted and advertised.  Well they failed and we got it out there.  I’m hoping to see it Tuesday night.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1    5 years ago

Never heard of this 'powerful' movie.  Or Ashley Bratcher.  Ho hum.  

Wouldn't waste my money.  

lib50
Professor Silent
2.1.2  lib50  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.1    5 years ago

Sounds like propaganda from the fake values crowd who love the fetus in utero but don't care about the baby after birth.  And always want to force their narrow beliefs on the rest of us. 

volfan
Freshman Silent
2.1.3  volfan  replied to  lib50 @2.1.2    5 years ago

see my post 4.1.2. You are welcome.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  lib50 @2.1.2    5 years ago

Yup, propaganda, plain and simple

Gordy327
Professor Expert
2.1.5  Gordy327  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.4    5 years ago
Yup, propaganda, plain and simple

And emotional appeals/rhetoric.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  volfan @2.1.3    5 years ago

They're your grandkids?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.1.7  Jasper2529  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.1    5 years ago
Never heard of this 'powerful' movie. 

Really? It's been very well-publicized on Amazon, IMDb, Rotten Tomatoes, Fandango, AMC theaters, Variety, Forbes, Yahoo, etc.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.1.7    5 years ago

That's nice.  Still haven't heard anything about this propaganda piece.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.9  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.8    5 years ago

What makes her think you have time to look at all those websites?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.10  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Gordy327 @2.1.5    5 years ago

You both went and watched it and reached those conclusions based on that experience?  

Gordy327
Professor Expert
2.1.11  Gordy327  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.10    5 years ago
You both went and watched it and reached those conclusions based on that experience?  

I've seen plenty of propaganda videos and heard many women try to give some emotionally tear jerking speech about abortion and all that. It's still an appeal to emotion no matter how you slice it.  

volfan
Freshman Silent
3  volfan    5 years ago

You will also see the evils of Planned Parenthood for what it is. Disturbing that people are so callous and cruel and as she stated, it was all about the money and pushing abortions and quotas.

Yes, it was rated R because some of the content is graphic especially where you see the baby on the ultrasound fighting in the uterus trying to get away from the doctor's dismembering equipment and is what ultimately led Abby to get out of the industry.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1  Tessylo  replied to  volfan @3    5 years ago

Planned Parenthood does not have quotas.  They don't 'push' abortions.  Women are given their options and the choice is up to them.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @3.1    5 years ago

I guess that you should watch the movie and find out the truth about planned Parenthood and the things it does.  

katrix
Sophomore Participates
3.1.2  katrix  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.1    5 years ago

You should stop reading propaganda and lies, and watching edited videos, and learn what Planned Parenthood really does.  If you're so against abortion, you should fully support PP - it prevents more abortions than any other organization.

Willful ignorance CAN be cured.

Veronica
Professor Guide
3.1.3  Veronica  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.1    5 years ago

OR maybe you should go to a Planned Parenthood with an open mind and see for yourself the services they provide. 

volfan
Freshman Silent
3.1.5  volfan  replied to  katrix @3.1.2    5 years ago

Well, seeing as how this woman was one the managers of the top clinics in the United States, I guess she would know better than all of us, now, wouldn't she?

Willful ignorance CAN be cured.

Indeed, maybe you should go see it and find out why she left the industry...

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.6  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  volfan @3.1.5    5 years ago

At least soon all these other things PP supposedly does will be done in a separate facility apart from their for profit abortion mills.  

Gordy327
Professor Expert
3.1.8  Gordy327  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.1    5 years ago
I guess that you should watch the movie and find out the truth about planned Parenthood and the things it does.

Not everyone buys into obvious bias and propaganda or attempts at appeals to emotion.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  volfan @3.1.5    5 years ago

'Well, seeing as how this woman was one the managers of the top clinics in the United States, I guess she would know better than all of us, now, wouldn't she?'

She is a liar and is spreading lies about Planned Parenthood.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.10  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.1    5 years ago

'I guess that you should watch the movie and find out the truth about planned Parenthood and the things it does.'

No need, I know the truth about Planned Parenthood and the services they provide.  

Wouldn't waste a penny on these lies.  

Gordy327
Professor Expert
3.1.11  Gordy327  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.9    5 years ago

Wouldn't be the first time pro-life propagandists do that. That seems to be their MO.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.12  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Gordy327 @3.1.11    5 years ago

The pro abortion gang always hates it when one of their own finally sees abortion for what it really is and has a conscience and acts upon it. 

Gordy327
Professor Expert
3.1.13  Gordy327  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.12    5 years ago
The pro abortion gang always hates it when one of their own finally sees abortion for what it really is and has a conscience and acts upon it. 

Your disingenuous statement only proves my point.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.1.14  Jasper2529  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.9    5 years ago

How would you know? In comment 2.1.1 you said that you'd never even heard of the movie:

Never heard of this 'powerful' movie.  Or Ashley Bratcher.  Ho hum.   Wouldn't waste my money. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.1.15  It Is ME  replied to  Jasper2529 @3.1.14    5 years ago

But, But ………….BUT ! 

"There are all kinds of stupid people that annoy me but what annoys me most is a lazy argument."

Christopher Hitchens

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.16  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @3.1.14    5 years ago

I heard of Abby Johnson because of her lies about Planned Parenthood.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.1.17  Jasper2529  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.16    5 years ago
I heard of Abby Johnson because of her lies about Planned Parenthood.

Ah, I now understand. Since you disagree with Abby Johnson's beliefs, you consider her to be a liar. IMO, that's not broad-minded, inclusive, or tolerant.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.18  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @3.1.17    5 years ago

Who asked you?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.1.19  Jasper2529  replied to  Veronica @3.1.3    5 years ago
OR maybe you should go to a Planned Parenthood with an open mind and see for yourself the services they provide. 

There's really no need to go to a PP facility, because their services are listed online. The first TWO services listed refer to abortion:

Margaret Sanger would be very pleased that her eugenics plan is still in place in 2019.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.20  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Gordy327 @3.1.13    5 years ago

You have no point. Only emotion based accusations and denouncing of one who used to believe like you on the issue and now believes the opposite due to her own experiences. 

Veronica
Professor Guide
3.1.21  Veronica  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.20    5 years ago

So you have never been & cannot see any good in providing other services to people in need of medical care that is affordable.  Blinders.

Veronica
Professor Guide
3.1.22  Veronica  replied to  Jasper2529 @3.1.19    5 years ago

So you have never been & cannot see any good in providing other services to people in need of medical care that is affordable.  Blinders.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.1.23  Jasper2529  replied to  Veronica @3.1.22    5 years ago
So you have never been & cannot see any good in providing other services to people in need of medical care that is affordable. 

I never said that, Veronica. What I said was that it isn't necessary to go to a PP facility to learn about their services, because they're listed on PP's website. Period.

Veronica
Professor Guide
3.1.24  Veronica  replied to  Jasper2529 @3.1.23    5 years ago

So you have been to one?  You have seen the women that are there for a gynecological exam.  Pregnant women that are there for monthly check ups.  All services that are less expensive and more convenient in a time reference.  Not all Planned Parenthood provide abortion services.

My daughter while at college went to Planned Parenthood for numerous reasons.  That clinic did not provide abortion services, but she was able to get treated for a UTI and she also picked up some free condoms.  You seem to only see the one side of it.  

Don't like abortion - don't have one.  Don't like Planned Parenthood don't go there - stop taking away people's options for them because your religion tells you to.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.1.25  Jasper2529  replied to  Veronica @3.1.24    5 years ago

Such a hostile, in-your-face response to my factual 3.1.19 comment! Let's break it down ...

So you have been to one? 

That is none of your business.

Not all Planned Parenthood provide abortion services.

Correct, and Planned Parenthood's website states this. See comment 3.1.19 for the link.

My daughter while at college went to Planned Parenthood for numerous reasons.  That clinic did not provide abortion services, but she was able to get treated for a UTI and she also picked up some free condoms. 

I'm glad that she got the care she needed, however I would never dream of posting such private medical information about my children on the Internet.

You seem to only see the one side of it.  

I posted Planned Parenthood's website, so that clearly shows that I know all sides of what it provides. 

Don't like abortion - don't have one. 

Men are ineligible for abortions.

Don't like Planned Parenthood don't go there - stop taking away people's options for them because your religion tells you to.

This part of your comment made me laugh. It assumes that I want to take away people's options and that I practice a religion.  Have a great day.

lib50
Professor Silent
3.1.26  lib50  replied to  Jasper2529 @3.1.25    5 years ago

Mansplaining abortions, how quaint.  Reading a website is one way to gather information, rather limited, especially when used to patronize the actual people who do know by more than a read-by.   The bottom line is that men use women's fertility to control.  You can call it your religion, opinion, belief, whatever.  But they seem to think the weight of their limited knowledge is enough to deny women the rights to include reproductive rights with the rest of their healthcare rights.  All men would have that limited knowledge, by the way, from your own words.  And you find it funny.  I don't care what people think until they they try to usurp other's rights, which you and other anti-choice people like to try to do.  Opinions of others should have no place in the healthcare of  women controlling their own fertility, including contraception, which is also not your business.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.27  Trout Giggles  replied to  lib50 @3.1.26    5 years ago

Thank-you. I do love when one man mansplains to another man. jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.1.28  Jasper2529  replied to  lib50 @3.1.26    5 years ago
Mansplaining abortions, how quaint.

I see that you and others didn't read my original comment. Whatever. Bye!

Veronica
Professor Guide
3.1.29  Veronica  replied to  Jasper2529 @3.1.25    5 years ago
That is none of your business.

But a woman's pregnancy decision is yours.

I'm glad that she got the care she needed, however I would never dream of posting such private medical information about my children on the Internet.

A UTI and condoms?  LOL

Men are ineligible for abortions.

So again - none of your business.

This part of your comment made me laugh. It assumes that I want to take away people's options and that I practice a religion.

So you do not want to outlaw abortions?  And you do not believe in Gawd?

May the Goddess bless and keep you.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
3.1.30  Gordy327  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.20    5 years ago
You have no point.

Then it went right over your head. Not surprising either.

Only emotion based accusations and denouncing of one who used to believe like you on the issue and now believes the opposite due to her own experiences. 

Oh do tell, what are my "beliefs" exactly? And her own "experiences" is just that, her own! But the only emotion I'm showing is utter laughter at your absurd statement!

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.1.31  It Is ME  replied to  Veronica @3.1.29    5 years ago
But a woman's pregnancy decision is yours.

If "Tax Payer" funded ….. Damn Right it is !

Don't claim to want "Independence", then cry for funding from others !

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.32  Tessylo  replied to  It Is ME @3.1.31    5 years ago

How is any woman's pregnancy 'tax payer funded'?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.1.33  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.32    5 years ago
How is any woman's pregnancy 'tax payer funded'?

jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  volfan @3    5 years ago

CGI has come a long way since the first Star Wars movie, hasn't it?

katrix
Sophomore Participates
4  katrix    5 years ago
And so we pray, "So much evil, Lord! These poor babies! Help us to do our part to awaken the conscience of the nation. We beseech You, Father, to change hearts and minds. It's time!"

Kind of ironic, praying to the worst mass murderer throughout all history.

volfan
Freshman Silent
4.1  volfan  replied to  katrix @4    5 years ago
jrSmiley_90_smiley_image.gif

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  volfan @4.1    5 years ago

What is it that you've done for unwanted babies besides offer up thoughts and prayers?

volfan
Freshman Silent
4.1.2  volfan  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1.1    5 years ago

Well, since you so snarkily asked...actually I am taking care of some druggies children right now - Mom's heroin addiction is more important than her children (one they can't even find) and the dads are in prison or have abandoned them just like Mom has done.

I am glad their crackhead mommas didn't abort them and so are they - they also watched the movie with me last weekend and we talked about it afterwards. One of them was the Homecoming Queen for the Jr. High last year - she's a freshman in high school this year. Both of them are playing on the High School Varsity softball team, and on honor roll every single quarter since the beginning of last year. Yep, their lives matter to me!

You know, yours and some other posts make me kinda glad I don't visit often on NT - I don't have time to waste refuting the stupidity and nastiness of some of the people on here.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  volfan @4.1.2    5 years ago

My daughter works in a NICU and sees first hand crack and meth addicted kids. The time, effort, and money that goes into caring for these kids, and it's mostly the taxpayer that foots the bill

Honestly, I really don't care about the kids that watched the movie with you. They may be honor roll students and involved in all kinds of activities, but they may be having sex*, so make sure you teach them how to protect themselves.

*I know of what I speak.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1.4  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  volfan @4.1.2    5 years ago

I too am a foster/adopt parent.  You are to be commended and admired for what you do and the people you help.  

JBB
Professor Principal
4.1.5  JBB  replied to  volfan @4.1.2    5 years ago

Mentoring at-risk youth is an admirable pursuit. We often hear olde folks bemoaning modern youth and disparaging the young of today but my personal experience, like your own, is that kids today are pretty damn exceptional. They are actually more serious about learning than we were. I suppose competition is even keener now. The generation between theirs and my own though, well, they are kind of a mess. Too many Thirty Sometings today are kinda lost...

JBB
Professor Principal
4.1.6  JBB  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1.3    5 years ago

My Mama told folks that if some gal and her parents ever came knocking on her front door demanding that one of us boys marry their pregnant daughter she would, "Fix It", right there on the front porch and that she would not even feel obligated to invite them in for tea first. I don't know. She surely did seem sincere. I do not think Mama would have really done it but nobody ever really tested her on it. A boy's Mama can be a daunting thing..,

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
4.2  Phoenyx13  replied to  katrix @4    5 years ago
Kind of ironic, praying to the worst mass murderer throughout all history.

isn't that odd that they can't refute that fact - but will still worship the worst mass murderer throughout history while condemning everyone else as "evil" and "heartless" ? makes you wonder why they would want the worst mass murderer throughout history (no human could even come close to the number of murders it's committed) to change their hearts and minds ? i guess i may never understand since i am not a worshipper of death...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Phoenyx13 @4.2    5 years ago
will still worship the worst mass murderer throughout history while condemning everyone else as "evil" and "heartless" ? makes you wonder why they would want the worst mass murderer throughout history (no human could even come close to the number of murders it's committed) to change their hearts and minds ? i guess i may

Please present any evidence you personally have of any God being a mass murderer.

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
4.2.2  Phoenyx13  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.1    5 years ago
Please present any evidence you personally have of any God being a mass murderer.

looks like you should learn a little history about Christianity - plus, since "God" made humans and humans have miscarriages (same as abortion right ? ending a life, right ?) we can count those too. Didn't the bible say something about killing all first born sons in Egypt (and included first born livestock right ?)... should we continue or will you stop being purposely obtuse ?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4.2.3  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.1    5 years ago

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.4  Texan1211  replied to  Phoenyx13 @4.2.2    5 years ago

I know plenty of history. All I asked for was the poster to prove it. Would you like to take a shot at it or just post bs to me?

Weird that you blame something you don't even think exists.

That is illogical.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.5  Texan1211  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @4.2.3    5 years ago

Nice, but a little short of what I asked for.

Simply provide any proof you have the God is a mass murderer, as claimed.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.2.6  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.5    5 years ago

Would you accept evidence that the God of the Bible is a mass killer?

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
4.2.7  Phoenyx13  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.4    5 years ago
I know plenty of history. All I asked for was the poster to prove it. Would you like to take a shot at it or just post bs to me?

That is illogical.

i provided a couple examples - i guess you didn't read the comment very well. One of them is provided in that storybook about your God. Did you miss that ?

weird that my viewpoint isn't even being discussed here - yet you are trying to put it in to deflect anyway, it's a common tactic for believers as we know you are one.

If you need more examples - please turn to the storybook about your God as a good start. In fact, i've even heard from someone that your God "walks among us" - so i'm sure you could quite easily find him and walk up to him to ask him yourself, correct ? let us know what he says :)

If you wish to continue posting obtuse comments - it's certainly your prerogative but i suggest doing some research first before making foolish comments showing off the lack of knowledge concerning the God you worship.. Gosh is this turning into that typical "that's nice, Prove it!" conversation that some posters constantly spout off that they hate ?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.8  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @4.2.6    5 years ago
Would you accept evidence that the God of the Bible is a mass killer?

Either He is or He isn't, but I hardly think that people who don't believe in Him should be making an argument one way or another.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.9  Texan1211  replied to  Phoenyx13 @4.2.7    5 years ago

So NOW you believe in God?

Gee, that is all it took for you to believe?

Congrats!

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.2.10  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.8    5 years ago
Either He is or He isn't, but I hardly think that people who don't believe in Him should be making an argument one way or another.

Do you really not understand how one can analyze a character of fiction?

Was Darth Vader a mass murderer?    

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.11  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @4.2.10    5 years ago
Do you really not understand how one can analyze a character of fiction?
Was Darth Vader a mass murderer?

I could not care less about Darth Vader.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.2.12  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.11    5 years ago

Of course not.  My question was answering your concern.   Clearly you understand that we all can declare that Darth Vader was a mass-murderer.   But we all know that Darth Vader does not exist.

So on your comment:

Texan @4.2.8 -  I hardly think that people who don't believe in Him should be making an argument one way or another.

Now you know.   People can make quite a few arguments about a character in a story without necessarily believing the character is real.

See?   

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.13  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @4.2.12    5 years ago

Please don't be so condescending. I understood your post just fine.

I believe it lacks merit.

People who don't believe in God, well, their opinions of something they consider fictional or non-existent are hardly worth considering.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.2.14  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.13    5 years ago
I understood your post just fine.

Then do not pretend to not understand;  that just encourages people to offer an explanation.

People who don't believe in God, well, their opinions of something they consider fictional or non-existent are hardly worth considering.

Even if they are right?   Clearly the God of the Bible is a mass killer.   You know that, right?   

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.15  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @4.2.14    5 years ago

Please just stop.

Dig
Professor Participates
4.2.16  Dig  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.1    5 years ago

I don't consider fables in the Bible evidence of anything, but some people apparently do, so here's some of what the Bible itself claims, and what people who worship the god of the Bible apparently believe:

Examples of God personally killing people

Some are individual killings, so not everything on the list qualifies as a 'mass' murder, but many of them do.

volfan
Freshman Silent
4.2.17  volfan  replied to  Phoenyx13 @4.2.2    5 years ago

jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.2.18  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Phoenyx13 @4.2.7    5 years ago

The topic here is the movie unplanned, planned parenthood, the story the movie covers, and abortion in general.  Please stay on it or get the heck out of my seed.  

volfan
Freshman Silent
4.2.19  volfan  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.4    5 years ago

This.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.20  Texan1211  replied to  Dig @4.2.16    5 years ago
I don't consider fables in the Bible evidence of anything, but some people apparently do, so here's some of what the Bible itself claims, and what people who worship the god of the Bible apparently believe:

Seems rather silly to use a "source" you don't trust.

Heck, you might as well just use the National Enquirer.

Dig
Professor Participates
4.2.21  Dig  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.20    5 years ago
Seems rather silly to use a "source" you don't trust.

Why wouldn't I trust RationalWiki's ability to compile a list of killings by God in the Bible?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.2.22  TᵢG  replied to  Dig @4.2.21    5 years ago

Similarly you trust the Bible as a source of information about the characters it defines.   If the Bible claims that its God character killed almost all life with a global flood then that, by definition, is what the character did.  

Similarly, Darth Vader murdered the entire planet of Alderaan for a mere demo of his death star.   

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.23  Texan1211  replied to  Dig @4.2.21    5 years ago
Why wouldn't I trust RationalWiki's ability to compile a list of killings by God in the Bible?

Is THAT really what you thought I meant?

SMH

Dig
Professor Participates
4.2.24  Dig  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.23    5 years ago

Of course not. I guess the sarcasm went right over your head.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.25  Texan1211  replied to  Dig @4.2.24    5 years ago
Of course not. I guess the sarcasm went right over your head.

Sometimes one man's sarcasm is another man's ignorance. I don't know you and have rarely if ever conversed with you, so I wasn't sure in your case.

I think I am sure now.

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
4.2.26  Phoenyx13  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.9    5 years ago
So NOW you believe in God?

Gee, that is all it took for you to believe?

Congrats!

please point out in any previous comments i have made where i stated i now believe in God - i'll wait :) ..... any more obtuse comments in an effort to avoid uncomfortable truths ?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.2.27  TᵢG  replied to  Phoenyx13 @4.2.26    5 years ago

Why do people use the truly horrible tactic of faux obtuseness?   Why do they think it accomplishes anything other than make them look bad?  jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.2.28  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @4.2.3    5 years ago

That is going to be repeated by another means in the future. Instead of the Ark, it will be The New Jerusalem And instead of water and a global flood it will fire and it will be global as well.  In both cases there was wil be over 120 years advance knowledge of what was/is to come and in both cases every living person at the time will have heard of it and had a choice to avoid it. 

katrix
Sophomore Participates
4.2.29  katrix  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.2.28    5 years ago

Oooh, threats about your evil boogeyman committing yet another mass murder!  What absolute idiocy, to think there's some evil fairy out there who wants to torture and burn everyone who doesn't suck up to its massive ego.

Too bad your religion doesn't go for the idea of a loving God.  Your God is certainly not the loving God my mother knows, and your religion seems to completely ignore the existence and teachings of Jesus.

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
4.2.30  Phoenyx13  replied to  TᵢG @4.2.27    5 years ago
Why do people use the truly horrible tactic of faux obtuseness?   

what else do they really have ? they can't confront the uncomfortable or horrible truths like the entity they worship being the worst mass murderer in all of human history (and they beg of this entity to change their hearts and minds.. which is rather disturbing... but death is the ultimate goal i guess ?) - so they feign obtuseness as a deflection tactic because they have nothing else.

Why do they think it accomplishes anything other than make them look bad?

i posit that some don't understand that it makes them look bad - they haven't figured it out yet and may not.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.2.31  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  katrix @4.2.29    5 years ago

God is loving and has made it possible for all who want to believe and follow him to spend eternity with him.  Sadly in history, the present and the future, people will choose alternative paths of their own free will.  Jesus died for the sins of all.  Sadly many will refuse to accept that gift and will with Satan pay the wages for their own sins.  

JBB
Professor Principal
4.2.32  JBB  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.2.31    5 years ago

If God is Love and Jesus is Forgiveness then why in hell does the goddamn gop keep abusing Their Names to advocate for wars in foreign lands and for legalizing institutional discrimination, again, and for torturing people and for state sponsored executions and for giving big tax breaks, again, to big corporations and to the already unconscionably rich and powerful at the expense of the poor and the disadvantaged?

JBB
Professor Principal
4.2.33  JBB  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.2.31    5 years ago

What should the penalty be for assisting in or for getting an abortion?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.36  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @4.2.32    5 years ago
If God is Love and Jesus is Forgiveness then why in hell does the goddamn gop keep abusing Their Names to advocate for wars in foreign lands and for legalizing institutional discrimination, again, and for torturing people and for state sponsored executions and for giving big tax breaks, again, to big corporations and to the already unconscionably rich and powerful at the expense of the poor and the disadvantaged?

First lots of Democrats bitch that the GOP Is trying to institute "sharia" laws, and now you are bitching because they aren't doing it fast enough?

Make up your freaking mind!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.3  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  katrix @4    5 years ago

Off topic trolling.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.4  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  katrix @4    5 years ago

Sorry but we don’t pray to Satan.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.4.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.4    5 years ago

God is the biggest abortionist of all time

katrix
Sophomore Participates
4.4.2  katrix  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.4    5 years ago

According to your bible, the only people Satan killed were Job's family - and that was as part of a bet with God, to fulfill God's ego.  God murdered millions upon millions.  So who's the mass murderer? 

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.4.3  Gordy327  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.4    5 years ago

Why would anyone pray to an imaginary character?

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.4.4  Gordy327  replied to  katrix @4.4.2    5 years ago
According to your bible, the only people Satan killed were Job's family - and that was as part of a bet with God, to fulfill God's ego.  God murdered millions upon millions.

I have yet to see any theist explain what Satan has done that is so bad, especially compared to the evil god has done.

Veronica
Professor Guide
4.4.5  Veronica  replied to  Gordy327 @4.4.4    5 years ago
what Satan has done that is so bad,

He refused to worship humans.  He thought he was above them in all things, but God in his infinite wisdom failed to see the horror he created & banished Satan. AT least that is what the novel The Bible said.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
4.4.6  katrix  replied to  Veronica @4.4.5    5 years ago

Veronica
Professor Guide
4.4.7  Veronica  replied to  katrix @4.4.6    5 years ago

Wow.  Took me a while, but damn - think I might have to get others to read that.

Old Hermit
Sophomore Silent
4.4.8  Old Hermit  replied to  katrix @4.4.6    5 years ago

Thanks for bringing "Letters From The Earth" up katrix. 

That and Twain's, " Captain Stormfield's Visit to Heaven ", both left strong impressions when I read them as a teenager.

In "Letters/Earth" his lesson about how people are gona act, " As God Made Them" , and it's just stupid to condemn them for acting out their born nature has been one of my guiding principles when dealing with others.

(from your link)

Temperament (Disposition)

Take two extremes of temperament -- the goat and the tortoise.

Neither of these creatures makes its own temperament, but is born with it, like man, and can no more change it than can man.

Temperament is the law of God written in the heart of every creature by God's own hand, and must be obeyed, and will be obeyed in spite of all restricting or forbidding statutes, let them emanate whence they may.

Very well, lust is the dominant feature of the goat's temperament, the law of God is in its heart, and it must obey it and will obey it the whole day long in the rutting season, without stopping to eat or drink.

If the Bible said to the goat, "Thou shalt not fornicate, thou shalt not commit adultery," even Man -- sap-headed man -- would recognize the foolishness of the prohibition, and would grant that the goat ought not to be punished for obeying the law of his Maker.

Yet he thinks it right and just that man should be put under the prohibition. All men. All alike.

On its face this is stupid, for, by temperament, which is the real law of God, many men are goats and can't help committing adultery when they get a chance; whereas there are numbers of men who, by temperament, can keep their purity and let an opportunity go by if the woman lacks in attractiveness.

But the Bible doesn't allow adultery at all, whether a person can help it or not. It allows no distinction between goat and tortoise -- the excitable goat, the emotional goat, that has to have some adultery every day or fade and die; and the tortoise, that cold calm puritan, that takes a treat only once in two years and then goes to sleep in the midst of it and doesn't wake up for sixty days.

No lady goat is safe from criminal assault, even on the Sabbath Day, when there is a gentleman goat within three miles to leeward of her and nothing in the way but a fence fourteen feet high, whereas neither the gentleman tortoise nor the lady tortoise is ever hungry enough for solemn joys of fornication to be willing to break the Sabbath to get them. Now according to man's curious reasoning, the goat has earned punishment, and the tortoise praise.

"Thou shalt not commit adultery" is a command which makes no distinction between the following persons. They are all required to obey it:

"Captain Stormfield's Visit to Heaven" is a fun read.  One lesson I took away from it was about not judging others by their appearance or current circumstances. 

Something Stormfield learned as he asked about the Who's Who of Heaven, during his visit there. ( smile )

"Why, who stands higher? "

"Oh, a LOT of people WE never heard of before - the shoemaker and horse-doctor and knife-grinder kind, you know - clodhoppers from goodness knows where that never handled a sword or fired a shot in their lives - but the soldiership was in them, though they never had a chance to show it.

But here they take their right place, and Caesar and Napoleon and Alexander have to take a back seat.

The greatest military genius our world ever produced was a brick-layer from somewhere back of Boston - died during the Revolution - by the name of Absalom Jones.

Wherever he goes, crowds flock to see him. You see, everybody knows that if he had had a chance he would have shown the world some generalship that would have made all generalship before look like child's play and 'prentice work.

But he never got a chance ; he tried heaps of times to enlist as a private, but he had lost both thumbs and a couple of front teeth, and the recruiting sergeant wouldn't pass him.

However, as I say, everybody knows, now, what he WOULD have been, - and so they flock by the million to get a glimpse of him whenever they hear he is going to be anywhere.

Caesar, and Hannibal, and Alexander, and Napoleon are all on his staff, and ever so many more great generals; but the public hardly care to look at THEM when HE is around.

Throw in, “Poor Little Stephen Girard” , Twain's withering lampoon of the conservative "Boot Strap" myth, championed by Horatio Alger Jr ., (an American writer of young adult novels about impoverished boys and their rise from humble backgrounds to lives of middle-class security and comfort through hard work, determination, courage, and honesty) , and you've got the makings of a lifelong liberal point of view on life.

The man lived in Philadelphia who, when young and poor, entered a bank, and says he: “Please, sir, don’t you want a boy?”

And the stately personage said: “No, little boy, I don’t want a little boy.” The little boy, whose heart was too full for utterance, chewing a piece of licorice stick he had bought with a cent stolen from his good and pious aunt, with sobs plainly audible, and with great globules of water rolling down his cheeks, glided silently down the marble steps of the bank.

Bending his noble form, the bank man dodged behind a door, for he thought the little boy was going to shy a stone at him.

But the little boy picked up something, and stuck it in his poor but ragged jacket.

“Come here, little boy,” and the little boy did come here; and the bank man said: “Lo, what pickest thou up?” And he answered and replied: “A pin.” And the bank man said: “Little boy, are you good?” and he said he was. And the bank man said: “How do you vote?”—“excuse me, do you go to Sunday school?” and he said he did.

Then the bank man took down a pen made of pure gold, and flowing with pure ink, and he wrote on a piece of paper, “St. Peter”; and he asked the little boy what it stood for, and he said “Salt Peter.” Then the bankman said it meant “Saint Peter.” The little boy said: “Oh!”

Then the bank man took the little boy to his bosom, and the little boy said, “Oh!” again, for he squeezed him.

Then the bank man took the little boy into partnership, and gave him half the profits and all the capital, and he married the bank man’s daughter, and now all he has is all his, and all his own too.

My uncle told me this story, and I spent six weeks in picking up pins in front of a bank.

I expected the bank man would call me in and say: “Little boy, are you good?” and I was going to say “Yes;” and when he asked me what “St. John” stood for, I was going to say “Salt John.”

But the bank man wasn’t anxious to have a partner, and I guess the daughter was a son, for one day says he to me: “Little boy, what’s that you’re picking up?” Says I, awful meekly, “Pins.” Says he: “Let’s see ‘em.” And he took ’em, and I took off my cap, all ready to go in the bank, and become a partner, and marry his daughter.

But I didn’t get an invitation. He said: “Those pins belong to the bank, and if I catch you hanging around here any more I’ll set the dog on you!” Then I left, and the mean old fellow kept the pins. Such is life as I find it.

Source:
Mark Twain, “Poor Little Stephen Girard,” in Carleton’s Popular Readings, Anna Randall-Diehl, ed., (New York, 1879), 183–84.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.4.9  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.4.1    5 years ago

Abortion is a result of sin and in most cases is a sin and all sin is upon the devil/Satan who first sinned and upon his head will be placed the blame for all sin. 

pat wilson
Professor Participates
4.4.10  pat wilson  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.4.9    5 years ago

Abortion is often the necessary option for a woman who's pregnancy compromises her health, I would assume that with your pro-life beliefs you would agree.

These decisions are NO ONE'S business but the mother and her doctor. Always was and always will be.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
4.4.11  pat wilson  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.4.9    5 years ago
Abortion is a result of sin

Only in your [delete ]  world

JBB
Professor Principal
4.4.12  JBB  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.4.9    5 years ago

Abortion is the result of an unplanned unwanted pregnancy...

Making abortions illegal does nothing to decrease the demand for legal terminations. But, three things are proven to almost completely eliminate the demand for terminations. They are...

1. Make all forms of birth control easily available to everyone.

2. Require comprehensive sex education for all children prior to puberty. 

3. Provide easy access to access to women's health services such as are provided by Planned Parenthood.

Oddly, those most opposed to legal terminations are also those who oppose the very things known and proven to practically eliminate the demand for termination services.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
4.4.13  katrix  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.4.9    5 years ago

I feel sorry for anyone with such massive hangups about sex.  It's a shame that you're now brainwashing foster children into thinking they're evil for merely being born.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
4.4.14  katrix  replied to  Old Hermit @4.4.8    5 years ago

Heh!  Never read that one!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.4.15  Trout Giggles  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.4.9    5 years ago

So miscarriages are because of sin????

Wow......

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.4.16  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  pat wilson @4.4.10    5 years ago

Obviously life of the mother is a clear exception and thus why I said in most cases.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.4.17  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.4.15    5 years ago

In a world without sin where we are perfect in the Image of God, there would be no sorrow or death.  

katrix
Sophomore Participates
4.4.18  katrix  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.4.16    5 years ago

You've clearly said in past comments that you consider a fetus more important than the life of the mother.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
4.4.19  katrix  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.4.17    5 years ago
In a world without sin where we are perfect in the Image of God, there would be no sorrow or death.  

So our population would be billions and billions higher than it is?  That doesn't sound very intelligent to me.  And really ... eternal life?  That sounds boring as hell.  I think most people would end up going insane if they lived forever.

And that's what your god wanted, why didn't it create perfect beings who wanted nothing more than to grovel and worship it all day?  I find it highly unlikely that if there is a god, it's anything at all as you describe it.  Hopefully it would be a far more perfect being than you describe, and not an egotistical, jealous, genocidal dick.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.4.20  Trout Giggles  replied to  katrix @4.4.18    5 years ago

I've heard him say it

Veronica
Professor Guide
4.4.21  Veronica  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.4.9    5 years ago
result of sin

Which only exists for those who believe in it.  Same as your go to bad guy, Satan.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
4.4.22  lady in black  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.4.17    5 years ago

Not all in the world believe in your god or any god at all so the god point is moot 

Veronica
Professor Guide
4.4.23  Veronica  replied to  lady in black @4.4.22    5 years ago

but but but.... The Bible  says....

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.4.25  Trout Giggles  replied to  Release The Kraken @4.4.24    5 years ago

And he's gonna take you and 4 of your siblings and divide you up to feed the hangry horde

katrix
Sophomore Participates
4.4.27  katrix  replied to  Release The Kraken @4.4.26    5 years ago

Good bread, good meat, good gosh, let's eat.

Oh wait, you mean it's not dinnertime yet?  All this talk about babies has made me hungry.  Tender, juicy baby (The Hills Have Eyes).

lady in black
Professor Quiet
4.4.28  lady in black  replied to  Veronica @4.4.23    5 years ago

I know, they still try and throw in the god point when it is totally irrelevant..  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.4.29  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Gordy327 @4.4.4    5 years ago

right out of the great deceiver/ accusers playbook.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.4.30  TᵢG  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.4.29    5 years ago

Not really much of a rebuttal.   Explain why Gordy is wrong.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.4.31  Texan1211  replied to  katrix @4.4.2    5 years ago
God murdered millions upon millions.

Prove it.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.4.32  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @4.4.31    5 years ago

By 'God', katrix is referring to the God character of the Bible (specifically Yahweh - the God of the OT).    She was clear in her qualification: "According to your bible, ..."

To see what a character in a book does, one merely turns to the book.    

Noah's flood, per the Bible, killed the entire planet save Noah's family and the spared animals.

According to the Bible — the book which defines the God character.

Proof complete.

JBB
Professor Principal
4.4.33  JBB  replied to  TᵢG @4.4.32    5 years ago

God causing the deaths of all the first born sons in all Egypt kind set that theme. According to The Bible the ancient Israelites, on God's command, then went on a forty year killing spree all across Caanan slaughtering everyone, women, old folks and even babies. The Slaughter of Innocents seems to be a constant and recurring theme repeated in The Bible...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.4.34  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @4.4.32    5 years ago
By 'God', katrix is referring to the God character of the Bible (specifically Yahweh - the God of the OT). She was clear in her qualification: "According to your bible, ..."
To see what a character in a book does, one merely turns to the book.
Noah's flood, per the Bible, killed the entire planet save Noah's family and the spared animals.
According to the Bible — the book which defines the God character.
Proof complete.

It is odd that people who don't believe in God and who think the Bible is a work of fiction would spend time accusing an imaginary Being of imaginary things.

That is so illogical as to be almost comical.

Proof DEFINITELY lacking.

Remember, you always say that we can't use the Bible to prove God exists. I assume you would hold yourselves to the same standards you demand of others.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.4.35  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @4.4.34    5 years ago

Amazing you still come back with your cliche platitude.

Even when the comment clearly and deliberately notes that this is analysis of a character according to the book that defines the character you still play the 'people who do not believe' card.

It is as if you do not even read the comments, but simply pull out the canned response.   In this case, the canned response is non sequitur and dead-on-arrival.    The God character of the Bible, per the Bible, most definitely killed millions in the story line.   To not know that is to not have even rudimentary understanding of the Bible.

Your challenge was met.   Proof established.   Pick a better challenge or come up with a better rebuttal.

As a reminder, one can also note that Darth Vader killed millions of people in the Star Wars stories without believing Darth Vader exists in reality.   See how that works?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
4.4.36  sandy-2021492  replied to  katrix @4.4.6    5 years ago

Wow.  I had never come across that before.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.4.37  Gordy327  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.4.9    5 years ago
Abortion is a result of sin

Abortion is a medical procedure. Nothing more.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.4.38  Gordy327  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.4.29    5 years ago
right out of the great deceiver/ accusers playbook.  

How about actually answering my question rather than resorting to such droll responses!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.4.39  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  katrix @4.4.2    5 years ago

Satan is responsible for every death 💀 that ever has happened or will happen in the universe. Without him and his actions no one ever would have died anywhere.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.4.40  TᵢG  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.4.39    5 years ago

Who created Satan?

Who has more power than Satan?

Who allows Satan to continue?

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.4.41  Gordy327  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.4.39    5 years ago

Who did Satan kill exactly?  According to your bible myths, your God committed genocide. 

If Satan is responsible for anything, then your God shares responsibility, as your God not only created Satan but also sat back, watched everything happen, allowed it to happen, and did nothing. Looks like your god doesn't take responsibility for his actionsecond and instead blames up. 

It's no surprise you haven't answered my question yet either.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.4.43  Gordy327  replied to  Release The Kraken @4.4.42    5 years ago

See, I knew Satan wasn't so bad. Lol

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5  seeder  XXJefferson51    5 years ago

...Unplanned undaunted

Not taking a break from its anti-Trump coverage, the mainstream media proactively avoided covering the film, opposing the president’s pro-life agenda, which includes defunding Planned Parenthood.

“Not only did the film not merit attention from mainstream press, even the barring of its advertisements at the behest of the powerful pro-abortion movement didn't crack into the mainstream press consciousness,” TheBlaze’s Caleb Howe pointed out.

Unplanned didn’t see its biggest receipts in the America’s most populous cities along the coasts, but it pulled in major audiences in the nation’s interior, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

“Although it is typical for a film to see the biggest revenue in New York City and Los Angeles, Unplanned's top locations were predictably elsewhere,” Howe informed. “THR reports the top theater was the AMC Northpark 15 in Dallas-Fort Worth, and among the rest of the top 20 were theaters in places like St. Louis, Nashville.”

Against all odds, the pro-life movie distributed by Pure Flix will be viewed on 600 more screens following its stellar opening week, and even though Unplanned was expected to gain minimal viewing in Utah, the exact opposite happened.

“One of the biggest audiences – again in defiance of expectation – was in Utah, where Glenn Beck has been in person promoting the film and making people aware not only of its premier, but the tide of pro-abortion resistance rising against it,” Howe recounted. “The film's 'R' rating posed a big problem in the state as the Mormon population isn't given to attending R-rated fare.”

When moviegoers were alerted to the abortion agenda’s machinations, they jammed their local theaters.

“But despite that obstacle, and thanks in great part to the awareness Glenn Beck raised for the film's premier, audiences in the state flocked to the film,” Howe added. “Ticket sales were averaging $3,000 per screen in the Salt Lake metro area. That's twice the national average of $1,500 per screen in the other markets where Unplanned debuted.”....https://onenewsnow.com/pro-life/2019/04/02/unplanned-box-office-hit-doubles-expectations-at-4

katrix
Sophomore Participates
5.1  katrix  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5    5 years ago
Not taking a break from its anti-Trump coverage, the mainstream media proactively avoided covering the film

You've pretty much said you only read propaganda and fake news sites like WorldNutDaily, InfoWars, and Breitbart.  So how would you know what mainstream media covers?  Although you do have a point; mainstream media doesn't typically cover BS propaganda as actual news.  They leave that to the fake news sites.    They might publish opinion pieces about propaganda, though, as the Washington Post did with this movie.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  katrix @5.1    5 years ago

The msm are the fake news propaganda sites and their so fact checkers are their shills and censors.  

katrix
Sophomore Participates
5.1.2  katrix  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.1.1    5 years ago

I wonder if there is any fact in the world that you would actually believe.  It's rather disturbing, frankly ... and I can't even imagine the mental gyrations necessary to remain so fact-free.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.3  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  katrix @5.1.2    5 years ago

All of my news is factual and real, unlike the msm fake news.  I openly mock MBFC and figuratively spit in the face of it and it’s persons and all that it stands for as a site and organization.  

Kavika
Professor Principal
5.1.4  Kavika   replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.1.3    5 years ago
I openly mock MBFC and figuratively spit in the face of it and it’s persons and all that it stands for as a site and organization.  

That's sounds like something a 5 year old would say...A stinging rebuttal if I ever heard one...LOL

katrix
Sophomore Participates
5.1.5  katrix  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.1.3    5 years ago
All of my news is factual and real,

That has to be the funniest comment I've read all week.  And the most dishonest, not to mention the most childish.  You whine about not being able to seed from Breitbart and WorldNutDaily, for crying out loud.

If CNN posted an article about the difference between 24 carat gold and 12 carat gold, you'd claim it was fake.  No wonder you're such an avid Trump fan - his 22 lies per day must be like manna from Heaven.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.6  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Kavika @5.1.4    5 years ago

MBFC is for 5 year old minds to shelter them from content they don’t like.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.7  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  katrix @5.1.5    5 years ago

There’s a lot more to it than those two places and the list grows almost daily as Baghdad Bob Van Zandt finds ever more sites for ever more frivolous reasons to list in his hate filled childish forbidden zones.  

Gordy327
Professor Expert
5.1.8  Gordy327  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.1.3    5 years ago
All of my news is factual and real

Only in your mind.

I openly mock MBFC and figuratively spit in the face of it and it’s persons and all that it stands for as a site and organization.

How juvenile!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6  Tessylo    5 years ago

'Not taking a break from its anti-Trump coverage, the mainstream media proactively avoided covering the film, opposing the president’s pro-life agenda, which includes defunding Planned Parenthood.'

“Not only did the film not merit attention from mainstream press, even the barring of its advertisements at the behest of the powerful pro-abortion movement didn't crack into the mainstream press consciousness,” TheBlaze’s Caleb Howe pointed out.

How so?  Why would the 'mainstream media' cover this propaganda in the first place?

Why does the turd want to de-fund Planned Parenthood?

Why would this propaganda merit attention from the 'mainstream press'?

Who is the 'pro-abortion' movement and how did they bar advertisements of this propaganda?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @6    5 years ago

...Despite significant marketing hurdles and a suspended Twitter account, the pro-life movie Unplanned has made millions in its first week and opens in 700 additional theaters on Friday.

The PureFlix film, about former Planned Parenthood facility manager Abby Johnson’s conversion to the pro-life movement, debuted in more than 1,000 theaters last weekend and earned a rare A+ rating from CinemaScore, which tracks audience reactions. It grossed a surprising $6.3 million and came in fourth in box office returns last weekend, according to Box Office Mojo.

Unplanned producer Joe Knopp credited the movie’s success to a grassroots effort from churches, pro-life groups, and social media. TV channels such as HGTV, Lifetime, and the Hallmark Channel, along with the Christian radio network K-Love, refused to run ads for or promote Unplanned, saying it was too political or citing its R-rating, which filmmakers protested.

Then, last Saturday, one day after the movie’s theatrical debut, Twitter suspended Unplanned’s official account, citing a “platform-wide issue” that would take up to 24 hours to resolve, Knopp told me.

“With so many refusing to run our ads, we were relegated to social media as our final piece of marketing. It was amazing to watch it shut down right before our eyes,” he said. The movie’s Twitter account was restored within 90 minutes, but throughout the day many users continued to report glitches or difficulty getting their “follows” to stick, preventing the movie from trending.

News spread quickly, and supporters worried Twitter was trying to stifle the movie’s pro-life message. Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, tweeted, “Big Tech’s attempted censorship of @UnplannedMovie is deeply troubling.” Donald Trump Jr. chimed in, tweeting, “Yet another example of the Social Media Masters only letting people see what they want them to see and believe. The censorship and the bias must stop!!!”

Knopp called Twitter’s shutdown “too much of a coincidence,” but he also said it provided a welcome marketing boon. This week, Unplanned has reached nearly 350,000 followers on Twitter, surpassing Planned Parenthood’s 260,000 followers.

Meanwhile, many K-Love listeners have flooded the network’s Facebook page with comments and endorsements of the movie. While the network has maintained its silence, it has been playing the movie’s theme song, also titled “Unplanned,” by musician Matthew West.

Unplanned isn’t the first pro-life film to overcome overwhelming odds. Media outlets largely ignored last year’s PG-13 film Gosnell: The Trial of America’s Biggest Serial Killer, which grossed almost $3.7 million even after a major screening event was canceled, a crowdfunding site shut down its financing campaign, and television networks refused to promote it.

On Monday, U.S. Vice President Mike Pence called Unplanned “deeply inspiring” and tweeted that “more Americans are embracing the sanctity of life because of powerful stories like this one.”... https://world.wng.org/content/unplanned_overcomes

It Is ME
Masters Guide
7  It Is ME    5 years ago

The "left" has this problem of always ignoring the silent majority !

First outing = "finishing #5 in the nation. "

OMG.…………. jrSmiley_97_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

Watch out...…."Trump" was elected because the "Left" ignored the "Others" in this country too. jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Show someone a picture of an actual "Aborted baby" on a table, and see if they'll actually want to "Look" at it.

The "Left" = Out of sight, out of mind !

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  It Is ME @7    5 years ago

When the final numbers for the weekend were talked it moved up to #4!  I loved it that even though it didn’t make much in the liberal bicoastal elites areas, it did very well in the south, Midwest, and mountain west, as in flyover Heartland America.  

Veronica
Professor Guide
7.2  Veronica  replied to  It Is ME @7    5 years ago

Too bad some of them weren't MORE silent.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
7.2.1  It Is ME  replied to  Veronica @7.2    5 years ago
Too bad some of them weren't MORE silent.

The Use of a Pen is about as silent as one can get. jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

Although a simple "Check mark" can be very loud at times !

Veronica
Professor Guide
7.2.2  Veronica  replied to  It Is ME @7.2.1    5 years ago

I don't know about that... I can hear that scratching all the way over here.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
7.2.3  It Is ME  replied to  Veronica @7.2.2    5 years ago

a simple "Check mark" can be very loud at times ! jrSmiley_42_smiley_image.gif

Veronica
Professor Guide
7.2.4  Veronica  replied to  It Is ME @7.2.3    5 years ago

Told you I could hear it.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
7.2.5  It Is ME  replied to  Veronica @7.2.4    5 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.2.6  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Veronica @7.2    5 years ago

If Hillary has won perhaps we’d have to have been... 

lady in black
Professor Quiet
8  lady in black    5 years ago

Unplanned = the new Silent Scream scam.

Ender
Professor Principal
9  Ender    5 years ago

I wouldn't consider 6 mil a rousing success. 

while viewers (1,996 at present) have given it a score of 94

Propaganda. Of course the people that went to see this movie have the same views.

Most other people would not go. Only those that believe in the dogma.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ender @9    5 years ago

Well, if the whole movie only cost $1.99 to produce that's a hell of a profit margin

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
11  Sean Treacy    5 years ago

The irony of these responses is something else..

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
11.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sean Treacy @11    5 years ago

Indeed it is...

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
12  seeder  XXJefferson51    5 years ago
Unplanned
Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $12,467,510
Domestic Summary
Opening Weekend:  $6,382,298
(#4 rank, 1,059 theaters, $6,027 average)
% of Total Gross:  51.2%
> View All Weekends
Widest Release:  1,516 theaters
In Release:  10 days / 1.4 weeks
The Players
Directors: Chuck Konzelman
Cary Solomon
Writers: Cary Solomon
Chuck Konzelman
Actors: Ashley Bratcher
Brooks Ryan
Robia Scott

Split Personality
Professor Guide
12.1  Split Personality  replied to  XXJefferson51 @12    5 years ago

In other words, 'clinging to life' in the theatres.

Shazam opened Friday night and after just 2 days has worldwide revenue of 158 million.

Unplanned dropped to 8th

Rank Title Weekend Domestic Total
1. Shazam!     $53,450,000 $56,775,000
2. Pet Sematary  $25,000,000 $25,000,000
3. Dumbo  $18,224,000 $76,271,489
4. Us    $13,813,000 $152,395,995
5. Captain Marvel  $12,682,000 $374,133,563
6. The Best of Enemies    $4,500,000 $4,500,000
7. Five Feet Apart        $3,700,000 $41,591,252
8. Unplanned         $3,200,000 $12,467,510
9. Wonder Park  $2,040,000 $41,980,513
10. How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World       $1,985,000 $156,692,245

Gordy327
Professor Expert
12.1.1  Gordy327  replied to  Split Personality @12.1    5 years ago

Let's see, Unplanned has the second lowest total out of all those other movies. I am not impressed. I didn't know Dragon was still out in theaters. Capt. Marvel was good. I am curious about Shazam.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
12.1.2  Split Personality  replied to  Gordy327 @12.1.1    5 years ago

Capt. Marvel is approaching $300 million in profit, based on worldwide ticket sales.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
12.1.3  Gordy327  replied to  Split Personality @12.1.2    5 years ago

Imagine  what Endgame will do at the box office? Now that's a real movie to watch. Not some propaganda piece.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
12.1.5  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  XDm9mm @12.1.4    5 years ago

Actually there were 34 movies on the list and this low budget little advertised movie with an unjust R rating was in the top 10 both weeks it was showing.