╌>

Woman arrested in racist graffiti that targeted Democrats and Native Americans in Oklahoma

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  kavika  •  5 years ago  •  20 comments

Woman arrested in racist graffiti that targeted Democrats and Native Americans in Oklahoma

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

April 4, 2019, 10:16 PM EDT  / Updated  April 5, 2019, 12:25 AM EDT

By   Suzanne Ciechalski and Phil Helsel

A woman has been arrested in a series of racist graffiti in the Oklahoma town of Norman, and she is also thought to have been behind Nazi and other hate messages at an Oklahoma City Democratic building and a Native American nation building, authorities said.

Allison Johnson, 45, was arrested Thursday and is suspected of being responsible for the graffiti   at three buildings , including vandalism at a Norman Democratic Party office that was reported Wednesday, Norman police said.

Norman police public information officer Sarah Jensen said that Johnson turned herself in Thursday.

Police in Norman, a city of about 110,000 people south of Oklahoma City, and Oklahoma City said that the same suspect is believed responsible for recent hate crime incidents involving graffiti in Oklahoma City, but did not specify those incidents.

However, police in Oklahoma City had reported they were looking for a woman for questioning after Nazi and other graffiti   was found at the state Democratic Party and Chickasaw Nation buildings last week.

Jensen said that investigators believe Johnson is responsible for those incidents as well.

Johnson was being booked on a complaint of terroristic threats in the Cleveland County Detention Center, Norman police said in a statement.

The vandalism in that city occurred at the Cleveland County Democratic Party offices, McKinley Elementary School and the Firehouse Arts Center. Some of the graffiti included swastikas and anti-Jewish messages.

On the Chickasaw Nation buildings the words, ''You will be gassed'' and ''lampshaded'' along with swastika's were painted on the building.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Kavika
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Kavika     5 years ago

Sadly, Oklahoma has a long history of racism. 

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Kavika @1    5 years ago

I'm betting she's a "God Fearin Woman" too.......

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.1    5 years ago

She's also one very sick an twisted puppy...

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2  sandy-2021492    5 years ago

It's heartening to see volunteers working to erase the evidence of hate.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  sandy-2021492 @2    5 years ago
It's heartening to see volunteers working to erase the evidence of hate.

But, but it happened and is part of American history now! Doesn't that mean we're supposed to leave it up like all the confederate monuments for historical sake? /s

Sorry to veer off subject for a second there, it just reminded me of the march in Charlottesville to "preserve" a confederate monument and who do we find marching together? Self identified Nazis, wannabe confederates, KKK members and your every day xenophobes. They want to make a mark on society whether by painting hate messages on buildings and sidewalks or erecting memorials to those who fought for the right to own other humans. It is a brain disease that mostly infects white male minds (as evidenced by the pictures of those in the Charlottesville tiki torch tantrum parade which were almost all male) but as seen in this case can also infect the brains of women.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
2.1.1  KDMichigan  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.1    5 years ago
Sorry to veer off subject for a second there, it just reminded me

It reminds me of the party of hate and identity politics that would found something like the KKK. 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
3  1stwarrior    5 years ago

IMO, there's more to this than what's being reported.

WTF's wrong with these people????

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4  Split Personality    5 years ago

45 years old and still lives in the same house with her parents?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5  Sparty On    5 years ago

If i were king, I'd have her out there cleaning it up with a toothbrush.   And I'd let her buddies come and help her as i'm sure we could find some outstanding warrants in that group of trailer trash

Kavika
Professor Principal
6  seeder  Kavika     5 years ago

I'll be out and about for a couple of hours and will reopen when I return. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.1  seeder  Kavika   replied to  Kavika @6    5 years ago

Ok, article opened again. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
7  Perrie Halpern R.A.    5 years ago

Disgusting. What was so messed up in her life to have this kind of hate for a people who have done nothing to her? I just don't get it. 

lady in black
Professor Quiet
8  lady in black    5 years ago

I'm sure she's a good faux christian woman trump supporter.  But, but, I thought they didn't do this

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
8.1  KDMichigan  replied to  lady in black @8    5 years ago
I'm sure she's a good faux christian woman trump supporter. 

I'm sure she could be many thing but needless to say uninformed people will cast out their labels. 

Bottom line is she is a despicable person that needs to be punished more than the law allows. Of course maybe if she claims to be gender neutral and identifies as the appropriate race she will get a bye?

lady in black
Professor Quiet
8.1.1  lady in black  replied to  KDMichigan @8.1    5 years ago

Anyone who does this does NOT get a bye.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
8.1.2  KDMichigan  replied to  lady in black @8.1.1    5 years ago

Is faking a hate crime any different than committing one?

lady in black
Professor Quiet
8.1.3  lady in black  replied to  KDMichigan @8.1.2    5 years ago

No.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
9  bbl-1    5 years ago

Oklahoma.  Fond remembrance of its part in 'The Trail Of Tears.'

Perhaps this lady is afflicted with the curse of, 'more god than soul'. 

Enoch
Masters Quiet
10  Enoch    5 years ago

Hate crimes are on the books for a reason.

Time to use them to make an example of those who would marginalize others.

E.

Kavika
Professor Principal
10.1  seeder  Kavika   replied to  Enoch @10    5 years ago
Time to use them to make an example of those who would marginalize others. E.

So true niiijii.